Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights

Game Master voodoo chili

From the City of Bazaars to the City of Brass.


51 to 100 of 6,722 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Elf Bard - 6

I turn to Kzrira 'I am glad to hear that I have the wrong person, a wonderful woman who raised you from the streets? That sounds like my up-bringing. But someone as kind as that couldn't possibly be involved in Slave trading, Drug smuggling and poisons. I just pick up the odd bits and pieces of information here and there. But as I said; my lovely lady, I am very glad I have the wrong person and I hope that I can help you find your mother too.'

I lower my head as a sign of my apologies.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Then the bookshop it is.

Amir turns to Kzrira as he shifts his sword and satchel. I had not heard you mention Gorundal and Kalyx before but I know of these men and last I heard they are no longer in the city. We can stop along our route to assist the elves today and ask more questions, but if Mac is sure your mother was dealing with these men... Amir raises his hands in a sort of helpless gesture, Then it may be we will need to leave Katapesh proper to continue our search.

Amir frowns at the thought of the young woman's mother. She went north with such unsavory men...north in the same direction as Kelmarane. Amir shakes his heads slightly. There are many things north of here, Kelmarane but one. I want things to have meaning but that is not always so. But still... Amir's mind hovers over the idea of providence for a moment longer then focuses on the man in robes' request of the elf woman.

It would be good if one was waiting here but we might need the ladies assistance in providing immediate details if they occur to her while near or around the shop. I suggest she come with us, Mac knows this Xander and will be able to fill him in were he to make his way here. Amir bobs his head in the direction of the Golden Net's popular owner.


Before Xilla can answer Mac grabs her arm protectively, ”No Habibti, you are exhausted. You must rest and have something to eat. Let these people see what they can find and report back. You will be in much better shape to assist them in finding Xander once you have some rest.”

Xilla looks like she will object, but suddenly realizing how tired she is, she sinks onto a stool and shakes her head warily. ”You are right, Mac.” She turns her troubled gaze to the party. ” I will only slow you down as I am now. Please see what you can find and take my best wishes and gratitude.”

Sorry about your Grandfather- my condolences.


Male Elf Bard - 6

(Elven) Do not worry Xilla, we will find Xander and return quickly with him unharmed. Just rest, stay calm and we shall be back before you know it.

(Kelish) Mac, take care of our young, distressing maiden, okay my friend?

I offer you my condolences as well, it is never easy to lose a family member, so I hope you will be okay.


Amir- I should specify Kalyx is a woman; gaunt, twitchy, and of questionable hygiene, but female none the less.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Well all, shall we see what we can find? Xilla, we shall be back soon. Gentlemen, onward to the store.

I think we are heading out before another round of conversation starts.

You have my condolences as well - take you time with your family.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

I missed the initial comment of your grandfather's passing somehow do allow me to add my condolences as well.

@Sheik Voodoo - Ill make a note about Kalyx, thanjs for clarifying.

Indeed, please lead on.


Mac wishes you luck and reminds you to be wary as you depart. The Twilight Gate is at the southern end of the city upon the sandy bluffs of the upper city. To get there you will have to wend your way through the heart of the lower city and the chaos of the Grand Bazaar.
Skirting the ornamental arcs that designate Tian Town, you head through waves of vendors beckoning and calling from tents, carts, shops, and even rugs tossed on the street. A million sights greet you and a million smells assault your nose: perfumes, strange beasts, frying bean balls and flat bread, exotic flowers. Katapesh is truly a wonder.

In the midst of the Grand Bazaar, the walls of the Council Hall rise above the tide of commerce. The Hall is an old fortress appropriated by the Pactmasters that rule the city. The Pactmasters inhabit the strange towers enclosed within the Inner City, but the myriad guilds are represented here and the Zephyr Guard maintains a presence here also. You catch a glimpse of a pair of the imposing automatons known as Aluum at the entrance. They are said to be powered by the souls of slaves and impose the Pactmasters’ will as well as deal with the greatest threats to order in the city.

Once you clear the guards of the Jackal Gate, you have entered the part of town called the Twilight Gate. Ancient stone and clay structures from the time of Nimhar rub shoulders with newer structures and the ubiquitous brightly colored tents. The Red Pyramid serves as a landmark guiding you westward over the Scorpius River and finally to the ancient rambles of the Magic Emporium. The Emporium inhabits an ancient structure several stories high and several blocks long. The warren of shops within sells everything from spellbooks and potions to herbs and amulets. The tangle of walkways may take some time to figure out for the uninitiated, but fortunately there is a mob of jostling kids to guide you for some change.

You are rushed as soon as you pause by a dozen waifs speaking Kelish and broken Taldan, ”Meesters, meesters. I find you anything you need. Good price. I help you now! What are you looking for?”


Male Elf Bard - 6

If I don't type a language first, I am speaking in Kelish

'Before we accept your services young sirs and ladies, I need to know if you can locate a bookstore called "Antiquities Books"? Also if you do know the location of the store, how much would you be charging us for your services?'

Diplomacy1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Following closely behind Faelar, I keep a had on my rapier and an open eye for anything unusual, out of the ordinary, or dangerous to us:

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4 - and the crowd is so thick that I apparently cannot even see my own feet


The children crowd around Faelar tugging on him. An older kid maybe 14 cajoles, "Mafriend, mafriend, mafriend. Antiquities Books is just old books. I'll take you to Esoteric Delights, much better books. Plenty of dirty pictures. Let's go!"


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)
Sheik Voodoo wrote:
The children crowd around Faelar tugging on him. An older kid maybe 14 cajoles, "Mafriend, mafriend, mafriend. Antiquities Books is just old books. I'll take you to Esoteric Delights, much better books. Plenty of dirty pictures. Let's go!"

Looking at the boy and frowning: (with a heavy lower class Kellish accent since I spent the last 10 years here): Young man, I believe this gentleman was looking for Antiquities Books, not for dirty magazines. If that is what he wanted, he could get the real thing much cheaper out on the streets. - Now then, since you know where Antiquities Books is, will you lead us there, or shall we find someone else more interested in making a few coppers?

Knowing that this area is a haven for pickpockets, I have put my coin pouch well out of hands reach under my armor.


Male Elf Bard - 6

' I thank you; my lady, for your help in this matter. I must admit I was taken aback when he mentioned that! I offer a curt bow, in sign of my appreciation.


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

"Esoteric Delights has many other fine books as well..." Karethas seems to realize that what he is saying could potentially be embarrassing and trails off, coughing softly into his fist. Well, in any case, lead on young man!"

Thank you for all your condolences. He was a good man and lived a full life.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Amir smiles as he watches his cohorts maneuver through the children. As Karethas makes his comment about Esoteric Delights Amir emits a low chuckle and winks at the blue robed man if their eyes meet.

Looking to the older boy Amir calls out. Ho, walad don't tease the people, they will pay better if you do as they ask, better than I bet that hawk at Esoteric Delights pays for you to take people to him!

Amir produces a silver coin for emphasis then attempts make it disappear. SOH 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 I think I may have just barely made the minimum dc eeek! What crappy rolling!

Either way Amir laughs his mirthful laugh and gestures to the boys to lead them on.


The boy becomes all business at the sudden appearance of Amir's silver. "The customer is always right, " he recites eyes on the coin. "Follow me, good sirs." With that he is off up a set of worn sandstone steps to the next level of the Emporioum. Weaving through awnings and in and out of the apartment shops he crosses several roofs and then leads you down a couple ladders into the interior.

You are no longer sure if you are even above ground as you follow your guide through hallways and shops lit only by guttering green lamps. You move upward on an ancient spiral staircase through a shop that appears to sell only magic shoes and scarves and finally into what must be Antiquities Books. The two story apartment is divided by bookcases and a narrow catwalk provides access to books shelved in the upper section of the room. Daylight is provided by dingy clerestory windows above.

At first the shop appears to be empty, but after a moment you spot a frumpled figure crouched over a book at a lectern in the corner.


Amir- Sleight of Hand says DC 10 is sufficient to palm a coin, "unless an observer is determined to note where the item went". I figure the urchin is damned determined when it comes to coin and gave him a perception check ; )


Male Elf Bard - 6

I turn to the young guide 'I thank you young sir, for bringing us this far.'

I then head over to the figure, and place my hand on his shoulder to see if he is awake. 'My good sir, are you the proprietor of this establishment? If so we have a couple of questions to ask you.'


The old man nearly jumps out of his seat at Faelar's touch."What the- damned elf! Never trusted elves. Too sneaky." He mutters in Taldan and then peers more closely at Faelar through thick glasses balanced on a narrow beak-like nose. "Wait you're not the same elf. Who are you?"

The man appears to be an elderly Taldan dressed in a tattered suit that has seen better days. His nose and ears seem to have outgrown his face and his eyes are exaggerated by ridiculously thick glasses. He smells a bit like musty old books and his shaving is spotty at best.


Male Elf Bard - 6

'The same Elf, is it that you know Xander? We are here on behalf of Xilla. She is concerned about him, as he has gone missing and she is unable to find him. Do you know where we could find him?

Also on another note, I am looking for a book called "The Tales of Shaharezthed". Do you have a tome of this in your store? I am looking for the original, but a copy will be nice to have so I can read it. I love the store you have, I could spend years in here reading.'

I am looking around the store excitedly.

Diplomacy for the Tome 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Diplomacy for Xander 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


The old man shrugs at Faelar’s first query, ”I don’t know where he was in such an all fired hurry to go. Sold me a couple of books and then he was gone. Nice books though.” He looks at the covers of the books he was perusing, ”Gelluck’s Spirits of the Air and Elemental Planes by Kor Kosmu."

”Huh? Wails of Angazhan? Not sure I’ve ever heard of that one.” He pokes a long yellowing fingernail in his ear. "Oh, an original Tales of Shaharezthed was it?. Now that would be rarer that teats on a basilisk. Only about 6 copies known. Katapesh would be the place to look on this plane though. There have been Djinn and their descendants out in the desert since the Pharoah of Blades crossed the Brazen Peaks over 6,000 years ago. One of the nobles might have left a copy behind."


Male Elf Bard - 6

'How much would you be offering to part with the 2 books; that Xander sold you, for? ...Hmm, across the Brazen Peaks? Well I shall have to see if I can find it in this wonderful city and if not I may have to journey over to the Brazen Peaks. Although I hope I do get to go to the Peaks, people living there descended from Djinn for over 6,000 years, think of the knowledge that could be gained! Sounds like a journey that I cannot afford to miss.'

Diplomacy for trying to get a nice price for the books 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Knowledge (History) to see what I can find out about the Djinn in Brazen Peaks 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Knowledge (Planes) to see what I know of Djinn 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Knowledge (History) to see what I can find out about the Pharoah of Blades 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Knowledge (Nobility) to see what I can find out which Nobles would be descendants 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

"I have an academic interest in both of those books as well Faelar. Unless you are interested in them to return to Xander?" As he edges closer to the old man to get a closer look at the books Karethas says to the old man, "So how long ago did you see Xander?........Oh, and did he mention where he was going?"


Male Elf Bard - 6

'I would like to return them to Xilla, however I would definitely like to read them first. I love reading books and learning new things and will do anything to gain more knowledge. Apart from hurt or betray my loved ones, that is. I am glad we have another knowledge seeker with us, maybe we could exchange some of what we know, to improve ourselves?'


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

I have always enjoyed books, but never had the chance to read very many. You wouldn't have any on archery would you? That has always interested me.


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Amir peruses the books but makes no comment, content to let the other members of the group make inquiries of the owner. Looking about the store Amir idly looks around to see if anything else marks the elf's recent visit.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Is the young boy who guided us here or perhaps right outside the door


The boy sticks close to Amir watching him expectantly.

The canny old man chuckles at Faelar's offer. "But I just bought these books, Sir. I was looking forward to studying them closely. Ah, but I see that you will not be deterred. Perhaps I can let them go for say 65 gp apiece."

Peception DC 12:
As you are glancing around at the stacks of books, you notice a scroll nearby stealthily float off a shelf.

Faelar:
As the most common visitors to these realms, you know quite a bit about djinn. They are denizens of the elemental plane of air and can take a humanoid or whirlwind form. They have many magical abilities and prefer to use their spells over physical combat. They are sworn enemies of the Efreet or fire genies, but get along well with Marid.
The Pharoah of Blades ruled during the height of the God Kings of Osirion. He founded the City of Ipeq north of the Brazen Peaks and led and Army of Genies south to expand the Empire all the way to current day Nex. Many of the genies remained in the lands of western Katapesh especially the Jann who are most like humans and native to this plane.


Male Elf Bard - 6

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

'Come now; my good sir, do you not think that price is a little high? Could we perhaps discuss a better price with you, maybe we have something you would like in return for them, other than money? How about if you let us return these books to their owners, I shall let you hold an original copy of "The Tales of Shaharezthed" once I have found it? Does that peak your interest?'

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

At the sight of the scroll, I cast "Mage Hand" and get the scroll to float into my hands. When it lands in my hands, I open it up and attempt to read it.

Linguistics to decipher the scroll, in case I can't read it 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Amir kneels to the boy that lead him to the book shop and holds up the silver coin he promised. This? It can be this... Amir pockets the silver coin and pulls out a gold coin. If you can tell me where the elf who came here went, and I mean specifics boy. Do you know enough other scrabblers that you could figure it out?


To Karethas’ inquiry about the missing elf, the old man shrugs. ”He didn’t say. He just seemed to be in a hurry to get some money.”

Turning back to Faelar he thoughfully scratches the ragged white scruff on his chin. ”Far be it for me to obstruct your education, elf. I suppose if you will put this knowledge to good use I could let you have the books for 50 gold scarabs each, but that is the lowest I can go.”

Meanwhile, the boy thoughtfully considers Amir’s offer, ”But good sir, I have already provided the service we agreed on for the price agreed on. If you would like to further employ me, I can find out about your lost elf for the gold scarab now offered.”

Next the shopkeep addresses Kzrira, ”Archery? I am certain there is a book on archery somewhere… “. He glances up over the shelves. ”It just might take me a while to remember where…”

As everyone’s eyes are directed to the shelves, Faelar notices the sneaky scroll floating from a shelf. With a quick gesture and word the scroll is tugged toward the bard, but immediately stopped and the spell broken as the scroll is yanked back. Noticing the action, the old bookseller points at the scroll and yells, ”Stop thief!”


Male Elf Bard - 6

I wasn't trying to steal it, I saw it floating down. So I wanted to see why it was floating. I must admit, I was planning on reading it and I am sorry for that. But I wasn't planning on taking it from you. You have my word as a Pathfinder!'

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Amir emits a barking laugh and hands the boy the silver coin. Quite right my young friend always make them pay for work already done! The next job should always be a new job. Amir turns his head slightly to the cries of the shopkeep then turns back to the boy. If you can find my elf I will give the gold scarab. I suspect you will be able to find me no matter where I end up, but you can always tell Mac at the Golden Net where I can find you if we miss each other. Amir turns his head to hear the young elven Pathfinder offer apologies and explanations. Amir gently pushes on the boy in the direction of the shop door. I would leave my young friend before things go much further.

Turning his attention away from the boy Amir surveys the scene unfolding in the shop. Was his new elven companion a theif? What of this "floating" scroll?

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Okay, seriously? This thread hates my guts. *sigh* Hyuh hyuh hyuh What's going ON ?!?! asks Amir. :-P -1sp to the kid.


The boy grins at Amir, "A pleasure doing business with you, good sir. I will look for the lost elf and if you need me sooner ask for Clever Ali," with that the boy bows and quickly leaves the ruckus.

The old man looks askew at Faelar, "I didn't mean you, fool! The imp that is stealing my scroll!" He pulls a light crossbow from his podium and starts loading a silver tipped bolt.

Initiative rolls:

Amir 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Karethas 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Faelar 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Kzrira 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Imp 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Round 1:
Kzrira
Amir
Faelar
Karethas
Imp


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

I quickly pull grab my bow and nock an arrow. Where is it? I do not see this creature?

I am ready to release an arrow as soon as I see the imp.

Perception to find the imp. 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3 --> I see books apparently


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Amir pulls his short sword and arches it over his wrist to emphasize his readiness. Noting the confusion amongst his companions he will, again, look about the room to see the nature of the distress.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Amir will point with his sword at the floating scroll There Kzrira something unseen moves the scroll!

Amir will move up to the scroll as best he can, leaving a 5ft gap between him and the floating parchment wary that others might start shooting.

Move action to pull the sword, move action to move up near the scroll that should cover me for this round.


Male Elf Bard - 6

'Oh, that is a relief. Perhaps we should discuss prices after we have subdued your imp thief?'

I move towards the scroll, drawing my rapier during my movement. I then attempt to grab the floating scroll with my spare hand.


As Faelar grabs for the scroll, a tiny red-skinned humanoid with horns and batwings suddenly appears with the scroll in claw. It's barbed tail whips around and strikes at Faelar , but misses.
Faelar- You can't draw on movement without a +1 BAB, but you can give me a combat manuever roll to grab the scroll.


Male Elf Bard - 6

CMB 1d20 ⇒ 20

...WOW!...


Faelar plucks the scroll away from the little fiend.

nice. If Kzrira was holding to spot the creature, she can fire albeit shooting into combat (you're ok with precise shot). I'll resolve after Karethas.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Seeing the imp appear, I release my arrow.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 --> added +1, I assume less then 30'
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 --> added +1, I assume less then 30'

Confirm crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Crit Damage: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 <-- Editing damage per Karethas comment below

Crit Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Karethas seems very taken aback by all the sudden movement and drawn weapons. When the imp appears he actually gasps out loud (somewhat like a girl) and steps back. He recovers though and mutters an incantation under his breath. Karethas pulls his arm back like he is winding up for a pitch and as he finishes his incantation a fist size glob of green liquid appears hovering in his cupped hand which he quickly throws at the imp.

I Assume Kzrira will kill it with her critical, but if not then Karethas takes a 5ft step away from the imp and casts ACID DART. (Kzrira- you rolled a d20 for your critical damage...you should be rolling 2 more d6's as a bow :-) ).
ACID DART (7 of 7/day) 30ft Ranged Touch Attack:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Damage:1d6 ⇒ 3 Acid Damage.


yep, triple crit with a bow. Karethas- should be -4 shooting into combat, no?

Kzrira's shot impales the little devil against the shelf. The imp shreiks in fury and pulls itself off the arrow just in time to dodge Karethas' acid glob. You clearly see the gaping arrow wound begin to mend as it flings itself again at the bard.

This time it's barbed tail strikes Faelar's arm and he feels burning venom pour into his veins. (Faelar-1 hp and Fort save DC 13 or -1 Dex)

The old shopkeep takes a shot that thwaks into the spine of a particularly ancient tome on the shelf and he curses in anger.

Round 2:
Amir
Faelar
Kzrira
Karethas
Imp
Merchant


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

I don't know what this is, but it is healing fast. Hit it with all you got.

Attack-Bow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Amir closes with the beast and lets out an excited Hiya!

Swing! Shortsword Attack; Damage:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Maybe a little too excited?


Male Elf Bard - 6

Fortitude 1d20 ⇒ 6

As the imp strikes at me, I feel a bit strange. But as he attacked me, I shall attempt to attack him back.

Rapier Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Rapier Damage 1d6 ⇒ 5

I notice that in my attack I am feeling a little clumsy, but I still manage to hit the creature.

Knowledge (Planes) to see what I know of Imps 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Male Human Wizard (Conjurer)/ Level: 6 |HP: 37 of 37/ 33 NL| F=3 R=4 W=7 |Initiative +6| Perception +7 |AC 12(16 w/ Mage Armor)

Seeing that the imp is healing quickly, Karethas actually begins thinking about what is happening. I need a moment to think here. Maybe I can slow this down. Keeping his distance from the imp, Karethas' hands flash in entrancing, seemingly random movements, ending in his fingers pointed at the imp's eyes. He looks around at his companions and says, "Perhaps we should find out what's going on here before dismissing what is possibly some wizard's familar?

Standard Action: CAST DAZE (Will DC 14)


Faelar:
Imps are minor devils that are given free range to tempt and corrupt mortals. As with many of their infernal brethren, Imps are immune to fire and poison and little effected by acid and cold. Likewise, they can only be gravely hurt by blessed or silver weapons. They often serve wizards as familiars and can become invisible or take the form of a black animal to disguise themselves.

The vicious creature darts above Amir's swing only to to be stabbed by Faelar's rapier. Unfortunately, the wound closes as immediately as the blade is withdrawn and it shakes off Karethas' spell easily.

Again Kzrira's shot is forceful enough to wound the imp, but the second shot from the bookseller hits and is most telling. The little fiend shrieks in pain as the silver bolt transfixes it and flutters painfully up toward the clerestory windows in retreat.


Female Human Fighter/5, Ranger/1(HP: 56/61; AC25/28; FF17/20; T16; F+8, R+9, W+4/+5; Perc: +10, Init +5)

Oh no you don't you vicious vermin.

Attack-Shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Elf Bard - 6

'Friends, it would seem that they have a dislike for silver and good weapons!'

I start to have a little battle sing, with the lyrics mentioning defeating our foe and prevailing stronger than when we started. Bardic Performance, Inspire Courage +1. So everyone will get the bonus, other than the imp (including the attack and damage rolls Kzrira just made, as I act before her.)


HP 64 | AC/Touch/Flat 20/14/16 | Fort/Ref/Will +6/+7/+3 | Init +3 | CMB +6; CMD 20 Bluff (11) Diplomacy (6) Kno:Local (6) Perception (10*) Stealth (14)

Amir seeing the creature attempting to flee curses under his breath. Moving his sword to his off hand Amir flicks his wrist and a dagger appears in his hand, delivered by his concealed mechanical sheath. Amir throws the dagger at the imp.

Dagger Attack; Damage:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

YYYeeeaahhh or NOT!

51 to 100 of 6,722 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sheik Voodoo's Katapesh Nights All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.