Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shattered Star: Broken Dreams (Inactive)

Game Master DancingShadow

Thassilon once represented the dreams of one man, but it was broken by the ambitions of his apprentices. Will adventurers be able to reforge his greatest creation to hold back the threat of his long-dead dream?


101 to 150 of 905 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

{HP 12/12 | AC 12 T12 FF10 CMD14 | F/R/W 1/2/3 | Inish+2 Per+0 SM+8} Female Peri Blooded Aasimar Illusionist 1

Raven whispers to the group. "I believe it's best if we find what we are looking for quickly and leave." Raven enters the sidestreet, looking for Zogarthy's tent while keeping an eye out for danger.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Lantern Lodge

HP 13/16, AC 16/13/13, F +1, R +6, W +2, Init +3, Per +9 (low-light), Ki Pool: 3

"Agreed," Omoro replies to Raven, his head bobbing noticably. "We are exposed here." He follows along, his head darting around, trying to take in all the angles of the area.

Perception:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Shade Psion 18

Both Raven and Omoro notice a small, well-patched tent painted with mystical symbols and decorated with chicken-bone fetishes and similar odd objects. Smoke drifts slowly from within the tent.

As you enter, a pair of varisian toughs just out the tent, sitting on a stack of boxes haphazardly stacked nearby watch you closely. Inside the tent, you find the air thick with incense. A table covered in blue velvet stitched with moons, stars, and arcane symbols sits in the middle of tent. A dusty crystal ball sits in the center, with a dog-eared harrow deck sitting near it.

A bald varisian man with piercing eyes and dressed in threadbare purple robes sits on the opposite side of the table, the harrow deck within arm's reach.

"Welcome, seekers of the unknown!" He raises his arms into the air in a flourish, looking upward to the ceiling of the tent. "The Amazing Zograthy sees all and knows all. A double fist of silver for a turn of the cards or a vision in the crystal; a treble fist of gold for the secrets of the multiverse." He looks at the group, a smile upon his face.

DC 20 Perception or DC 12 Heal:
Zogarthy has all the tell-tale signs of pesh addiction.

You all can give actions.

Lantern Lodge

HP 13/16, AC 16/13/13, F +1, R +6, W +2, Init +3, Per +9 (low-light), Ki Pool: 3

Perception:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Omoro bowed to the Varisian, but waited for one of the others to take the lead on this. He was unused to Avistani customs, and did not wish to cause offense so early.


AC16 T15 FF13 || HP 54/54 || F+7 R+5 W+8 || Init+4 || Perc+11 || Gentle Rest 2/6

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

As they walk through the seedy district, Bertholdt wraps his cloak tightly around him. He doesn't remember coming here as a youth, and he soon figures why. Not sure how to behave in such a place, he keeps his flail out of sight and tries not to stare at people as he follows Omoro and Raven. Once in, he stands fascinated at the different oddities lying around the place and wonders for an instance, whether such a man could really hold such a great secret. The lightness of his purse sourly reminds him that he'd better stick to the basics of their visit.

As the others walk in, he stands in the back, keeping and eye to the door. Still, from time to time, he can't help himself and stares at different objects, wondering at their purpose and meaning.


(Female Human Witch 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/10(14)/ HP 14 / F +1 R +2 W +3 (+2 vs Illusions) / Init. +2 / Perc. +5)

Sashaying her way into the tent, with a fluid grace Nadja skeptically eyes the Great Zograthy. As she gazes about the room, she mentally nudges Dagon, with an air of interest, urging her companion to test the air while she patiently waits for his reply.

Nadja's Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Dagon's Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Dagon's Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34

With a cold smile Nadja sits down at the table across from the fortune teller. Disconcerting to be on the other side... still I should know what to look for. Casually she takes up the dog eared harrow deck and begins to skillfully array then, as if telling Zograthy fortune.

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

"Great and powerful Zograthy." Nadja intones, flipping over the first card. "I see you visited by wanderers from afar... those who might be finders of pathways." Flipping over the second she motions to it. Ah the twin, but these are not the first seekers to come to you for this past knowledge. Yea, you have walked this path before. Gracefully turning over the third she motions to it. "The Golden Key. You hold the key to the knowledge they seek." Turning the final card over Nadja smiles. "The Rabbit Prince inverted. A powerful omen to be heeded, as you know." Sliding forward a double fist of silver, Nadja smiles. What oh great one can you tell us of Natalya Vancaskerkin?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Male Half-elf

Calendir carefully surveys the scene, not only before they enter the tent, looking for potential threats, but also on the inside, observing the space inside and peering outsdide while listening to the conversation at hand. All the time, in such close quarters, his hand rests casually behind his back, on the massive greatsword.

Sly one that Nadja. - he thinks to himself while keeping a watch.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Shade Psion 18

Amazing Zogarthy seems ready to say something as Nadja grabs ahold of his harrow deck, but the "seer" holds for a moment and simply listens to her.

"Not just seekers of knowledge, but of secrets, yes?" He grins and leans back in the chair. "Those are my perhaps my greatest trade!" He looks to the silver coins lying on the table and greed flashes across his eyes for a moment before he looks back to Nadja. "Fifty gold coins and I will tell you what I know of Miss Vancaskerkin." He grins and gestures to the table.


AC16 T15 FF13 || HP 54/54 || F+7 R+5 W+8 || Init+4 || Perc+11 || Gentle Rest 2/6

Bertholdt tries not to pale at the ridiculous amount. How could a person be worth so much! He shifts on his legs, visibly annoyed at the audacity.


(Female Human Witch 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/10(14)/ HP 14 / F +1 R +2 W +3 (+2 vs Illusions) / Init. +2 / Perc. +5)
DM Bound Shade wrote:

Amazing Zogarthy seems ready to say something as Nadja grabs ahold of his harrow deck, but the "seer" holds for a moment and simply listens to her.

"Not just seekers of knowledge, but of secrets, yes?" He grins and leans back in the chair. "Those are my perhaps my greatest trade!" He looks to the silver coins lying on the table and greed flashes across his eyes for a moment before he looks back to Nadja. "Fifty gold coins and I will tell you what I know of Miss Vancaskerkin." He grins and gestures to the table.

Nadja narrows her eyes at the Amazing Zogarthy. So he assumes us rubes? Gracefully rising from the table Nadja, slides the coins back into the folds of her dress and turns to her companions making ready to leave.

"Let us go seek out our second informant. I thought that being from the people would have carried some favor. Clearly I was mistaken. We will find the information elsewhere and for far less." Pausing at the door of the tent Nadja turns back to Zogarthy. I might be persuaded to do business with you, just so I don't have to travel half-way across the city for the information I seek, but fifty gold is far too expensive. Ten is far more reasonable."

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Shade Psion 18

DM's Secret Rolls:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Amazing Zogarthy stands up from the table as the varisian woman goes to leave. "Wait, wait! Let's not be hasty here." He pauses for a moment. "Twenty-five gold coins, perhaps? Ten is simply too little. More than simply money, I cannot be giving away secrets, and at such a price, I practically am. I have a reputation to maintain and that is nearly everything to a person such as I."


AC16 T15 FF13 || HP 54/54 || F+7 R+5 W+8 || Init+4 || Perc+11 || Gentle Rest 2/6

Bertholdt starts to pace back and from. All this haggling over price is far from his values. He wonders to what extent Zogarthy is actually selling something, or just drilling for easy coins.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Shade Psion 18

Bertholdt:
Although it certainly seem she's interested in skimming coin from people, this seems like he's actually interested in his "business".


AC16 T15 FF13 || HP 54/54 || F+7 R+5 W+8 || Init+4 || Perc+11 || Gentle Rest 2/6

Bertholdt shrugs, getting impatient with the bargaining. "Look! We just wish to know where she is. How can that be worth as much as this?!" And he produces his flail, in a nonthreatening, yet awkward manner.

Intimidate: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Where is everyone? I know the boards have been problematic. I have lost many dots and some games showed as inactive.


{HP 12/12 | AC 12 T12 FF10 CMD14 | F/R/W 1/2/3 | Inish+2 Per+0 SM+8} Female Peri Blooded Aasimar Illusionist 1

Raven watches as Nadja bargains with Zogarthy, impressed with her skill. With hope she could get the information for a song. She is surprised when suddenly Bertholdt attempts to change tactics. Placing her hand on Bertholdt's shoulder, she whispers to him...

Bertholdt:
"Please let Nadja work, we can stand outside."

Assuming Bertholdt consents...

Raven will lead Bertholdt outside the tent.


(Female Human Witch 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/10(14)/ HP 14 / F +1 R +2 W +3 (+2 vs Illusions) / Init. +2 / Perc. +5)

Fool of a man! Nadja hisses to herself, before carefully composing her face back into a smile towards Zogarthy. "Twenty-five gold is acceptable. And please forgive my companion. He does know not the people the way you and I do." Fishing into the sleeves of her dress, Nadja withdraws twenty five gold, and lays them on the table.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Male Half-elf

Calendir actually snickers inward as he was about to have a similar burst at the so-called "Amazing" one...

"Let us see what Nadja can pull off, if not I may have to jump on him just for good measure" - he thinks for himself as he nods in understanding at Bertholdt leaving the tent.


AC16 T15 FF13 || HP 54/54 || F+7 R+5 W+8 || Init+4 || Perc+11 || Gentle Rest 2/6

"Hmm? Oh yeah, sure..." Bertholdt follows Raven, listening to Nadja as he walks out. Wow! If she can afford to dish out 25 like that, may be she deserves to be so fleeced...

Lantern Lodge

HP 13/16, AC 16/13/13, F +1, R +6, W +2, Init +3, Per +9 (low-light), Ki Pool: 3

I've been busy all day, myself.

The feathers on Omoro's neck raise at Bertholdt's explosion, and Omoro bows to the Amazing Zogarthy as Raven escorts the man outside. "Please accept my apologies as well, Zogarthy-san. I may not know the ways of your peoples, but one learns manners quickly in Tien Xia."

Mechanics:

Assisting Nadja's Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


{HP 12/12 | AC 12 T12 FF10 CMD14 | F/R/W 1/2/3 | Inish+2 Per+0 SM+8} Female Peri Blooded Aasimar Illusionist 1

Outside Zogarthy's tent, Raven will lead Bertholdt off to the side, making it less obvious waiting for the others. "Anyone watching will have noticed, but this should be less conspicous in general," she thinks to herself.

In a low voice, she talks to Bertholdt, hoping it simply seems a private conversation. "I do appreciate the raw passion you displayed. There are times when it will get things done quickly. But negotiation is an art, one that takes time to master." Though her voice is low, her tone is still stern.

"Think of it as a swordfight, the two fighters maneuvering back and forth, each testing the other's defense. The same concept as here. I would never think to put myself between you and another of the blade, I would only be a burden. Rather I would support you while you lead." Raven softens abit at this point. "Though there may be times when we will have need of that passion. Don't let this one moment get you down. I'm glad to see you willing to take such a stand. Thank you for that." She gives the warrior a smile.


AC16 T15 FF13 || HP 54/54 || F+7 R+5 W+8 || Init+4 || Perc+11 || Gentle Rest 2/6

Bertholdt looks at Raven, blinking slowly. She must think I'm a simpleton... She probably nvere hear of Good Watchman/Bad Watchman techniques... Best leave it at that for now.

[/b]Absolutely![/b] Bertholdt forces a smile.


Shade Psion 18

Amazing Zogarthy looks surprised at Bertholdt's sudden outburst. He seems about to yell, but Nadja's and Omoro's quick words seem to cause him to hold for a moment.

He sighs and shakes his head before scooping up the gold. "I know that Natalya Vancaskerkin has not been seen for a few days. There have been a number of disappearances, mainly amongst the poor of city, mostly here in Beacon's Point as well as Dockside and Underbridge." His tone goes dark. "As long as the disappearances keep to poor Varisians and other such folk, there is little chance of the city doing anything. The Sczarni are quite... interested in these disappearances. We are troubled by them." He stops for a moment. "Her disappearance might be tied to such things. The rumor is that Nidalese slavers are involved... but I have little faith of that."

He stops again for a moment, pondering something. "Natalya was... is a member of the Tower Girls. They are mostly cat burglars, but the rumors are that they are the ones most interested in finding her. I doubt that they will be happy to see her."

"Now, are there any other topics you'd like to know about or was that all?" He grins.


Male Half-elf

After hearing this, Calendir steps outside, and heads on over towards where Raven and Bertholdt are gathered.

Lantern Lodge

HP 13/16, AC 16/13/13, F +1, R +6, W +2, Init +3, Per +9 (low-light), Ki Pool: 3

Omoro tuts as he hears Zogarthy's answers. Nothing we didn't already know, other than there's other disappearances. That might be our angle.

"I thank you, Zogarthy-san, your answer has been most enlightening. It does concern me that there are so many people disappearing in Magnimar's poor districts, but I am hardly surprised that the authorities do nothing as long as it does not affect their coffers. How many more people have gone missing? And why do you not suspect the Nidalese in this?"


AC16 T15 FF13 || HP 54/54 || F+7 R+5 W+8 || Init+4 || Perc+11 || Gentle Rest 2/6

Bertholdt watches Calendir walk out of the shop. He appreciates the man's martial stance: "Do we have a new lead?"


Shade Psion 18

Amazing Zogarthy looks at Omoro. "There are only rumors, no evidence. Nothing has been found to suggest that these slavers actually exist."


Male Half-elf

Nothing new if you ask me. - Calendir informs Bertholdt - It seems she was a member of the... Tower Girls..? We have heard about this before?


AC16 T15 FF13 || HP 54/54 || F+7 R+5 W+8 || Init+4 || Perc+11 || Gentle Rest 2/6

"Psssh! Yes, That's exactly what he told the Venture Captain when she was checking the girl out before accepting her. He's recycling old stuff..."


{HP 12/12 | AC 12 T12 FF10 CMD14 | F/R/W 1/2/3 | Inish+2 Per+0 SM+8} Female Peri Blooded Aasimar Illusionist 1

"Did he provide any other information, their relationship with Natalya, if we would be able to contact them?" Raven is annoyed at Calendir's return, but says nothing. Nadja seemed confident in such matters, and hopefully knew the right questions to ask.


(Female Human Witch 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/10(14)/ HP 14 / F +1 R +2 W +3 (+2 vs Illusions) / Init. +2 / Perc. +5)

"It seems to me Zogarthy that if the Tower Girls have been seeking out Natalya then they might be our best source of information. Do you know where they have been working from, or anyone they have been in contact with recently? Because as of now, you have not given me any information that I did not already know, except for missing persons that I care nothing for. If you don't know where I can find Natalya at, then who would?" Clicking her nails on the table in a slow methodical manner, she wills Dagon to run its way out of her sleeve as she coldly begins to pet it, while staring at Zogarthy the whole time. Tell me the truth, and if I learn what has happened to the missing persons, I may share the information with you. Smiling coldly she cradles the viper and looks Zogarthy in the eye.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Shade Psion 18

"Hmmm... For anyone other than the people, I would not speak of this. I do not know the location of the Tower Girls. They have disappeared as well, although their members are still occasionally seen on the streets." He pauses for a moment. "However, I do know where they were. An abandoned warehouse in Underbridge shared by Fenster the Blight."


(Female Human Witch 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/10(14)/ HP 14 / F +1 R +2 W +3 (+2 vs Illusions) / Init. +2 / Perc. +5)

Clasping her hands together, Nadja stands and gives a short bow to the wrinkled man. "You have my gratitude Zogarthy. It will not be forgotten." As she turns to make her way out of the tent Dagon slithers its way back into the folds of her dress. Stepping out of the tent she gives the party a half-cocked smile "We should seek out a man in Underbridge named Fenster the Blight. Zogarthy informed me that the Tower Girls were last seen in a warehouse that Fenster is reputed to occupy. And you Bertholdy..." Nadja slowly sizes up hulking, scruffy looking man, eyes narrowing. "You should leave negotiations to others better suited to it. In return I'll leave swinging an axe, or some other appropriately heavy object to you. Are we clear?" Sniffing in distaste, Nadja crosses her arms and taps her foot. "Unless there any objections, we should head to Underbridge."

Lantern Lodge

HP 13/16, AC 16/13/13, F +1, R +6, W +2, Init +3, Per +9 (low-light), Ki Pool: 3

Omoro bows to the Amazing Zogarthy, and follows Nadja out of the tent. "What do we know of this Fenster? Perhaps we might pose as being interested in doing business with him..."


Male Half-elf

Calendir smiles at Nadja's scorn and comments to Bertholdt - You just gotta love that girl, don't you?

Let us be off then to look for this Fenster character - where shall we start?

Knowledge (Loccal): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


AC16 T15 FF13 || HP 54/54 || F+7 R+5 W+8 || Init+4 || Perc+11 || Gentle Rest 2/6

Bertholdt smiles at Nadja. She thinks I'm an idiot... We'll see I guess.


Shade Psion 18

Calendir recalls the location of the this particular warehouse and you all set off to Underbridge.

The warehouse is an abandoned, collapsing structure, not really worth inhabitation. Peeking inside, there is a small shelter in the corner, constructed from a pair of rowboats and other flotsam that lean against the far corner. Debris lies scattered about the largely open interior and shafts of sunlight stream down through the torn roof.

Sitting next to the entrance, identifiable due to a curtain made from the scraps of a ship's sail, sets an old sea chest with a broken lid. A sign leans against the chest, in front of a dented tin platter, that reads "LEEV A GIFT AND WATE OUTSID".


{HP 12/12 | AC 12 T12 FF10 CMD14 | F/R/W 1/2/3 | Inish+2 Per+0 SM+8} Female Peri Blooded Aasimar Illusionist 1

"Interesting." With a simple spell, the sound of several coins falling into the tin platter can be heard.

Ghost Sound, imitating the sound of coins falling into the plate.


AC16 T15 FF13 || HP 54/54 || F+7 R+5 W+8 || Init+4 || Perc+11 || Gentle Rest 2/6

Bertholdt pushes back his coat, clearing the way between hand and flail.


Male Half-elf

Calendir carefully surveys the scene for potential dangers - looking for someone on watch, or maybe another avenue to approach the warehouse.

Are there windows? Do I notice any activity at all inside or in the surroundings?

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Lantern Lodge

HP 13/16, AC 16/13/13, F +1, R +6, W +2, Init +3, Per +9 (low-light), Ki Pool: 3

Omoro likewise glances furtively at the warehouse's interior, casting his gaze about as his head darts to and fro. He subtly places a hand on his sword scabbard, just in case he needed to draw it suddenly. "Awfully dark in there..."

Perception:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


(Female Human Witch 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/10(14)/ HP 14 / F +1 R +2 W +3 (+2 vs Illusions) / Init. +2 / Perc. +5)

"Calendir' Prompts Nadja tapping her chin in thought. "You were familiar with where this Fenster was located. Do you know why he is called "the Blight"?"


Male Half-elf

I don't know, lets ask the GM shall we? :D

Knowledge (local) if another roll is needed: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

His senses alert, focused with the scouting task at hand, Calendir nonetheless ponders Nadja's question - Not now Nadja, that is something to be answered at a later time... Right now I need focus...

Putting his finger to his lips, and looking at Nadja, Calendir just goes ahead and does something he knows brings a high risk of upsetting her - Hush now Nadja, silence please, shhhhh...


Shade Psion 18

Calendir:
Knowledge(local): Fenster is known as "the Blight", due to the fact that he's a walking mess of disease and filth. Most stay away from him, but the occasional person needs something unwholesome and unsavory enough to require (such as digging latrines), they may ask him to do it. He's a renaissance man of the dirty and disgusting, but he himself matches the jobs he often does.

Perception: You can see the faint sparkle of light glimmering off of something moving slightly just inside the doorway.


Male Half-elf

Signaling the others, Calendir points at the door and draws his greatsword as silently as possible.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


(Female Human Witch 2 AC 12(16)/12(16)/10(14)/ HP 14 / F +1 R +2 W +3 (+2 vs Illusions) / Init. +2 / Perc. +5)

Insolent Fool! Nadja hisses to herself while crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow at the audacity of one of her lessers. For just a moment Nadja pictures herself willing him into sleep, only to have him wake chained and shackled as Dagon's venom slowly drains away his vitality. In the blink of an eye the vision is gone and Nadja coldly smiles, showing perfect white teeth. This will not be forgotten, Brute! The Sczarni always repay their debts.


Shade Psion 18

DM's Secret Rolls:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Calendir:
The sparkle continues from the same place and doesn't seem disturbed by your recent actions.


{HP 12/12 | AC 12 T12 FF10 CMD14 | F/R/W 1/2/3 | Inish+2 Per+0 SM+8} Female Peri Blooded Aasimar Illusionist 1

Uncertain what has Calendir so spooked, Raven carefully draws her dagger, her other hand unconsciouly going to the raven's foot on her neck.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 7


Male Half-elf

Calendir signals Bertholdt and then points to the door.


AC16 T15 FF13 || HP 54/54 || F+7 R+5 W+8 || Init+4 || Perc+11 || Gentle Rest 2/6

Freeing his flail and testing his grip, Bertholdt moves up to the door, looking to Calendir to see whether he should open it.

He will if Calendir nods.


Male Half-elf

Calendir nods at Bertholdt in confirmation.

101 to 150 of 905 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shattered Star: Broken Dreams Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.