Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shattered Crystals (Inactive)

Game Master Tare

A search to remember and repair.


201 to 250 of 328 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

She shakes her head, "No... for this trade I would be giving you information and expecting you to return with information, that would be stupid, you could take what you learn and go leaving me nothing, I will except nothing but something that is bound so you must return, I am not asking for your souls or anything else only a binding contract for the exchange of information... I will even be fair... only one of you must do it...I won't be bullied or conned into anything otherwise and of course we can negotiate the details of the exchange if you feel so untrusting.


Female
Status:
AC 17 : HP9/9 : F+1 : R+3 : W+5 : Init +8 : Pers +4

Aylya/Great Bear sniffs Not I, you have nothing I need, little imp, I am older than you can possibly image, my inner is younger, but a child and my task is to protect and teach her until she can fully harness powers here, This is danger in itself, Ill not start that task by agreeing to sign her life away, make deals with others, I am done with you with that the Great bear gets up and wanders off into the dark again, paroling once more around the camp.


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

"Ha ha ha, You assume then that making a trade now to be completed later is wise, it isn't. I would be fine with discovering information and bringing it back to get what you can give, cause then I would have something to trade. That way, if I end up not finding said information I then wouldn't have to bother coming back at all, and wouldn't be leaving any unfilled oaths."


HP 13, AC 14 (T 12, FF 12), F+3, R+3, W+0, CMB 3, CMD 15, init +4, perc +4 human Barbarian(urban)/1

I'm not interested in any deals either, Torr growls out. What use an agreement with a creature that cannot be trusted? I'm not sure exactly why I don't trust her, but she is self-proclaimed as a demonic being. Still there is something more, I can't quite remember.


Male Elf Fighter (Tactician) : 1

Yet again I go to step forwards and offer myself for the deal, but upon hearing the red-skinned demon say it isn't wise, I stop. "A Demon doesn't trust another Demon? Why is that, why would she trust us and not one of her own kind? Everything is gone, why can't I remember anything?!"

I watch Gaza as if expecting an answer, an answer to a question that hasn't been spoken ... I walk over to her, tap her on the shoulder and lean in to whisper into her ear. "I'll do it, I remember nothing so she won't get anything from me." My voice is still very deep and raspy, it is clear to Gaza that I am not used to speaking. "Why does talking hurt so much? They don't look to be in pain when they do it, or are they used to the pain?"


HP: 39/39, AC: 19:14:15 CMD: 19 Saves: 9:9:6 Init: +3 Skills Dip +12, Per +11, Sen Mot +11, Stealth +10

she observes the chatter.


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

Gaza whispers back to him, "First a binding can easily land you as her slave for eternity, or worse, second she and us know that we dont know what info she is looking for so since that means we will have to go find it anyway, you not knowing anything doesn't help or protect you."

Gaza addressing the demon girl, "So, what say you? Shall you let us know what info you are looking for so if we find it we can return to you with it?"


Male Elf Fighter (Tactician) : 1

I quietly whisper back, "Oh, I'll follow your lead then." I stand up straight, hand still on my blade ready just in case, I look at the other Demon waiting for an answer to Gaza's question. "She definitely remembers more than I do, They definitely don't trust her though, but why? She hasn't done anything to us to make us suspicious, apart from change her body."


"I already said that was what the deal was, I tell you all I know of this now and you bring back information on what you find out... since none of you are willing though... this discussion is over." She turns and begins to walk away. "Have fun with any others that might return."

Aylya, you don't find anything on your patrol.


Male Elf Fighter (Tactician) : 1

I lean back into Gaza, "That sounded ... like she didn't mean it. Like she was angry?"


Female
Status:
AC 17 : HP9/9 : F+1 : R+3 : W+5 : Init +8 : Pers +4

Aylya/bear comes back into camp, I see the trickster has gone, rest time then


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

"Yes, but I don't know how restful it will be."

Elarya hooks the hammer back on her belt and places the shield beside her as she sits.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Elarya finishes out her watch and wakes the next person before going to sleep.


Male Elf Fighter (Tactician) : 1

I sit back down where I was before and try to get some sleep, which I fall asleep almost instantly. It was a boring sleep, with no dreams, no feelings, just nothing.

I wake to being shook to take my place on watch.

Perception : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


HP: 39/39, AC: 19:14:15 CMD: 19 Saves: 9:9:6 Init: +3 Skills Dip +12, Per +11, Sen Mot +11, Stealth +10

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

"We'll sleep in shifts as before."


Female
Status:
AC 17 : HP9/9 : F+1 : R+3 : W+5 : Init +8 : Pers +4

As the bear lays down on the ground it starts to fade until nothing is left as it dos so, so slowly Aylya comes into view, her form sound aleep on the ground.


HP 13, AC 14 (T 12, FF 12), F+3, R+3, W+0, CMB 3, CMD 15, init +4, perc +4 human Barbarian(urban)/1

Torr takes his turn on watch and spends a little time with his newly acquired alchemical lab in the morning, mixing concoctions of some kind for the day ahead. He may lack memories, but this is something he seems to be able to do regardless, though he does consult a book filled with diagrams and code from time to time as he works.


Nothing happens over night, the city is strangely silent in its abandonment. You wake in the morning and the same typical dry barren weather for the region is present, Honda still hasn't shown back up again.


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

Apparently what she wanted could only be found if we had the information she was selling, which means it likely has something to do with our being here.

Gaza spends time looking for any recent records of events, checking the guard stations, city hall, and such.


Female
Status:
AC 17 : HP9/9 : F+1 : R+3 : W+5 : Init +8 : Pers +4

Aylya gets up and looks around,
I had such an odd dream, there was this woman and she cam to trick us

she shakes her head and a bear like way

And some thing came

she looks at her hands.

In Elven she says to Rona'Nathaniel Gassan

what should we do today brother?


Male Elf Fighter (Tactician) : 1

The first thing I do once my shift is over is to begin stretching, I am not sure why, but it feels familiar. When I have finished I take my blade and begin to fight again, this time my body remembers more and the performance is more beautiful, including more swings, thrusts, ducks, swirls, jumps and flourishes.

I look to Aylya, I speak in a quiet voice, whether it is intentional or not is unclear, but the words she speaks to me in sound familiar and my answer forms itself into the same sounding words. My voice is still very raspy, "Brother? Am I your brother? Does that make you my ... my ...does that make you family? I think we should look for answers, about who or what we are and why this happened. Do you remember anything, other than we are family?"

That still hurts, but not as much."


Female
Status:
AC 17 : HP9/9 : F+1 : R+3 : W+5 : Init +8 : Pers +4

I have images in my head, from my other, he left them for me, we are in a great open space, it must have been before the crystal broke, we are Elfs yous say and we must do what we can, You look at me and say "even you sister" I trust you and I know that what you say will be for the best. You stand tall with others of rank, have Armor and swords on, you command other and they respect what you say, you seem to be telling us of a plan and where we must go, We then we go to where you say, and that is all

She opens her eyes

You are my brother, our Farther was the same elf, he lead others as you did, I feel sad you have lost such memory's

A tear comes to her eye.

Our feather is dead, I know this, he died with the others

Aylya sits down and crys hugging herself.

Some thing very bad has happened, I can feel it, my other tells me but I know not what, only we are left Rona, only us

I do hope you do not mind me linking my PC with yours, just seemed like a good idea and it means I can help a little bit to get your mems back if the GM lets us


Male Elf Fighter (Tactician) : 1

Definitely an interesting development.

Seeing Aylya cry I walk over to her and place my hand on her shoulder, "Sister? Don't cry ... Rona? Is that my name? I seem to be good at fighting, but I won't know until an enemy comes before us, as for a plan, I don't know. The only thing I know of myself is what you have just told me. But I think we should look around here for any clues as to what has happened and maybe find these others that the woman spoke of."

I turn to face the others, waiting for their input.


Female
Status:
AC 17 : HP9/9 : F+1 : R+3 : W+5 : Init +8 : Pers +4

Aylya hold his hand on her shoulder and looks up saying
Your name is Rona'Nathaniel Gassan our Fathers was war leader Simoron Gassan of the north lands, we are form the cold north and I see you holding a sword, you moved like a snow devil, so fast brother so very very fast and out Father had such a smile on his face. all the images its all a jumble she look out across the land


What do you all plan to do with your day in the abandoned city? As I mentioned in the previous post, Honda has still not shown back up.


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

"Well, If no one has seen Honda, I think we'd better go looking for her. I don't feel right leaving someone who tried to help us all alone out here."

Worry creases Elarya's brow as she speaks. Her eyes keep scanning for any sign of the silver-haired woman.


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

What did my records search turn up? Honda may have been recruited by that demon or she may have been a demon or she disappeared like everyone else.

Looking to Aylya, "Does your other half know why we were here?"

Gaza then takes out a "fortunetelling" deck and starts looking them over trying to remember the significance of each, for each one had a story and lesson to tell, but the pictures were not right and that made it hard. ("praying")


Hmm, how to class that... alright anyone searching the city for Honda or clues put in a perception check and what you are trying to find.


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Tracks, hair, anything that would tell us which way she went.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


HP 13, AC 14 (T 12, FF 12), F+3, R+3, W+0, CMB 3, CMD 15, init +4, perc +4 human Barbarian(urban)/1

Torr begins looking for any sign of where HOnda might have gone and if none is apparent, he looks around the ruins for other signs. he'll look for any kind of signs of what happened here exactly... maybe examine damage, bodies, etc. look for survivors, too.

[perception check] 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Female
Status:
AC 17 : HP9/9 : F+1 : R+3 : W+5 : Init +8 : Pers +4

Aylya To Gaza "It's all a jumble, just images, my other was not there, I think every one was so worried, the thing in the sky was so frightening, they said it would mean war but with who I just can not remember"
She looks at the Deck Gaza is holding
"But I know this, When I was a child the old Witch used come and.. read? yes read with them"
She takes a card
"This is a Key card, there are 5 other kinds yes, the hammer ..."
She go's on naming each card."
"I do not now what they mean, She would lay them down like this and the read us the story of the cards, it was fun like a game. "
she picks another card
"This is the Rabbit Prince I liked him the best, he looked funny but I was always sad he he had to fight with a broken sword." Aylya puts the sword down "My other needs to come now the old one is lost"

With that she walks off, soon the sounds of a great bear can be heard.

perception check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

Key and hammer? I have no idea what cards you are talking about but I use tarot just cause I know them and they have the sort of stories and history to make them suitable for this. Guess that could be why she doesn't know the pictures. hmmm.

Gaza spends time looking for any recent records of events, checking the guard stations, city hall, news stands, and such.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


HP 13, AC 14 (T 12, FF 12), F+3, R+3, W+0, CMB 3, CMD 15, init +4, perc +4 human Barbarian(urban)/1

I think she was talking about a Varisian Harrow deck, a tarot-like deck they came up with just for PF.


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

doesn't the harrow deck have 6 suits of 9? That sounds more like playing cards, guess I will have to take a look at them.

edit; ok I looked them up. I don't like them, they are all right for fortunetelling but contain little wisdom. I will stick with tarot.


Male Elf Fighter (Tactician) : 1

I quietly stay beside Gaza, looking for any evidence as to what happened here. Firstly I will be looking for bodies, then wounds on the bodies and finally keeping an eye out for anyone who may be approaching us. I try to make as little noise as possible, just in case something can hear us that we can't see.

Stealth : 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Perception : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Gaza: You find very little as far as hints to whats going on in what few records you could find around the city.

[ooc]Something random: 1d5 ⇒ 2

Torr:
Wandering through the city in your search, from the corner of your eye you spot movement and someone that might have matched Honda's appearance but if you call after she doesn't answer and disappears around a corner, if you follow after there is no sign at first until again she disappears around another corner... if you continue to follow this will continue until you end up down an ally at a very ordinary door that has been heavily locked shut... and no further sign of the person you were following.


HP 13, AC 14 (T 12, FF 12), F+3, R+3, W+0, CMB 3, CMD 15, init +4, perc +4 human Barbarian(urban)/1

Torr looks at the building, then takes a step forward and knocks at the door loudly, waiting for a response.


There is no response.


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Elarya walks up behind Torr. She saw him, following? Yes, following someone, and decided to follow, as much out of curiosity as to be near in case trouble came calling.

"What is it? Our missing friend?"


HP 13, AC 14 (T 12, FF 12), F+3, R+3, W+0, CMB 3, CMD 15, init +4, perc +4 human Barbarian(urban)/1

I thought I saw her, or someone who llooks like her slip in here. The door is locked and no one is answering. He shrugs and looks about for other ways in - windows perhaps?


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

After a few moments, Elarya pulls a crowbar out of her backpack.

"She might be in trouble, and I have a key."

She wedges it between the door and the jamb and tries to open the door.
Strength: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13
Strength: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18 If this one fails, take 20.
Strength: 20 + 3 + 2 = 25


With a bit of effort the door busts open, sending a resounding crack echoing into the nearby city streets.

1d100 ⇒ 88
1d100 ⇒ 42
1d100 ⇒ 94

Aylya and Rona you both here a resounding crack like wood being broken from somewhere nearby.

Elarya and Torr, the door creaks open revealing some form of a lab inside. Alchemist materials organized carefully on a table nearby and bookshelves line the open walls. There is a desk on the far side of the room with an open book and something glints slightly as the light creeps in to the room. The majority of the floor a large perfect circle has been painted in with various runes painted in intervals around it.


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

Darn i don't hear anything. that's so sad I guess you are on your own. Wait a minute Rona heard it but I didn't? hmmm GM is rolling our perceptions, luckily for me Rona is right next to me :)


HP 13, AC 14 (T 12, FF 12), F+3, R+3, W+0, CMB 3, CMD 15, init +4, perc +4 human Barbarian(urban)/1

Torr, clearly fascinated, cannot control his fascination with this incredible find, and slips into the room. But his first instinct is still caution. "Best not touch anything here til we are sure of what we have found."

He carefully looks around for any sign of anything or anyone alive. Then if he finds nothing, he examines the runes and what seems to be a magical circle of some kind.

perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
knowledge arcana or spellcraft, whichever, both are the same +9 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Once the circle is thoroughly examined, he moves to the desk to look for notes on what the circle might be and who might have been making/using the circle and the laboratory.

His fingers twitch as he works, and his mind is working furiously. I'd rather check out this lab, and see what is being made here, but best err on the side of caution first. Find any notes the alchemist might have left before I start in on the actual lab itself. I just hope Elarya doesn't destroy anything in haste before I can get to it.

He examines the desk and its contents as rapidly as he can while still being thorough.


HP 13, AC 14 (T 12, FF 12), F+3, R+3, W+0, CMB 3, CMD 15, init +4, perc +4 human Barbarian(urban)/1
Gaza wrote:
Darn i don't hear anything. that's so sad I guess you are on your own. Wait a minute Rona heard it but I didn't? hmmm GM is rolling our perceptions, luckily for me Rona is right next to me :)

I think this is happening while you were doing your own search, which may be why you didn't hear anything, but then Ronan was with you on your search, so maybe it was just a bad perception roll.


Female
Status:
AC 17 : HP9/9 : F+1 : R+3 : W+5 : Init +8 : Pers +4

The great bear stops the moment the sound echos down the street,
So thing is wrong! The great bear runs to the site of the sound. to find a door to small for it to fit through, Its sticks its huge head in a looks into the lap. Seeing that all is well as the others look around it says.

"I will stand guard should any others have haired the sound and come to see what made it."

The Great Bear rises up to its full 16 feet height and looks up and down the street sniffing.

Perception roll 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Then lowers its self down and keep a look out.


HP: 39/39, AC: 19:14:15 CMD: 19 Saves: 9:9:6 Init: +3 Skills Dip +12, Per +11, Sen Mot +11, Stealth +10

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

she hears the crack of wood and goes towards the source.


Actually Gaza I was rolling the chances that you were close enough to hear the sound, not your perception on it. I figure the dice decided its excused cause you are in a library someone head deep in books lol. However I did the post last night while still half asleep... either way scrolling up he got a 21 perception and you got an 11 anyway. :)


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

Hopefully he thinks to to get my attention before running off into the sunset.


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Elarya looks around at the unfamiliar equipment. She forces her curiosity to the back of her mind and scans the room, seeing if anything gives her that sickening feeling from last night.

Using Detect Evil, concentrating if I find anything.
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 ouch!


Male Elf Fighter (Tactician) : 1

I stop what I am doing suddenly when I hear the sound of splintering wood, I tap Gaza on the shoulder, "Demon, you hear that? This way!"

Once we both get to the room I look around, blade drawn. Once inside I stand ready, just in case something happens.

201 to 250 of 328 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shattered Crystals All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.