Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shanosuke's Souls of Lost Aridia (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


151 to 200 of 1,595 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Both Martian Level 20 invader
Mus'ad wrote:

"Hah!" Mus'ad exclaims as he swings down from Al Gasreed to inspect the camel's wounds, stroking him on the head to keep him calm.

"You all fight well enough, but we should seek more arms before the other man returns" he adds addressing the group as a whole. He then turns his attention to the bodies surrounding them.

Perception: Taking 10 for a result of 20

I'm looking among the bodies for armor, clothing, any of our possessions, Mus'ad's barding and saddle, etc.

Mus'ad's eyes only:

You notice that none of your gear is anywhere to be found. Also you see that several of the bodies have already been cleaned of most of their belongings. The dead gnolls are wearing wooden armor and loincloths. the dead humanoids, most of them look human but there are two Oreads among them. They are wearing desert skirts or loincloths and light leather armor. There are a couple of head-wraps and cloth shoes. the weapons available are the same as I had mentioned above. Anything else of value has been looted.


Male Ifrit Sorcerer 2

Faznir breathes heavily, trying to contain the fire inside once more and finds it always difficult.

"Gods and fortunes smile at us, friends! For this is the day we get our freedom back, and if this isn't Aridia I'll be a damned muskrat!"

Faznir looks around trying to find anything to cover up people's backs, since he knows their skin is sure to burn on the sun.

"If you don't mind me saying, mistress Jen, that is one hell of a laugh! Ha-ha-ha!" When he laughs he holds his belly and notices it is bare. "Seems to me these beasts couldn't even let me keep my modesty! Nor yours, for that matter!"

Suddenly his eyes go wide, and he touches his hair, following up to his forehead.

Shanosuke wrote:
2. You are still without ANY clothing or gear for that matter.

For Shanosuke:
How many is ANY? Are we completely butt-naked? What about my turban?

Both Martian Level 20 invader

Yup you were all stripped clean. Not even your undies remain. So yes Faznir your hair is exposed......among other things. It seems the gnolls may have been preparing to feast on you as you were all tied to spits when you awoke.

Another thing. You will notice that the climate seems more humid than dry, and you don't feel the heat of the sun on you but it seems to be daylight out.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Arik finds the cleanest bit of cloth he can and fashions a pair briefs by wrapping up some things and with judicious knot tying skills.

@ Mus'ad"My hands were shaped of stone when the Forge Father crafted the dwarves. They will suffice as my weapons for the time being."

Perception to notice paths leading to and from our location
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Pavok hugs his wounds and looks on to the group,"Glad to see you all are still alive." Pavok looks down at his bare body and mutters, "What a test for me oh Forge Father." Ignoring that he isn't wearing clothes Pavok then moves around checking all the humaniods to see if they are any that alive and healing himself a little bit.

Taking 10 on perception
Heal check:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Lay on hands:2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
Will use sacred touch for a automatic stabalization
Current HP(after Lay on hands):11/24 Lay on hands: 1 left.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

For Arik:

You notice that the cliff wall seems to expand as far as the eye can see to the left and right. It is likely 20 feet in height but would not be a difficult climb. There is a path nearby that seems to go from the level you are now standing to the top of the cliff.

For Pavok:

You notice the man who was attacked by the scorpions when you awoke is actually still alive. Paralyzed from the scorpions venom. I forgot to make you all take fort saves against the venom. It's a DC 10, but I'm simply going to let it go for this time cause I had forgotten.Sacred touch will save him. He will be unable to speak. He was on the brink of death but you made it in time. First time the fellow actually survived. No one ever thinks Sacred touch would be useful lol. You can attempt a heal check to removed the toxin from the man.


Male Ifrit Sorcerer 2

Faznir panics for a second, running to the gnolls trying to find something -- anything! -- to cover himself up. He tears a piece of cloth from the bodies and hastily tries to hide his head.

He does all that in the sneakiest way possible, which is guess isn't really sneaky since there's no cover/distractions, right?


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 1

Mus'ad moves to the dead Oread body and starts stripping off the loincloth and leather armor. "Come, their spirits have passed on so they have no need of their possessions"

Once removed he sets to dressing and wrapping his head with a cloth in a makeshift tagelmust despite the humidity.

Shanosuke - I've taken one set of footwrap, head cloth, leather armor and desert skirt for myself.
For all - there is a second body with the same gear that Mus'ad is looting, and two gnoll with wooden armor if you'd prefer that.


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Faznir Farin wrote:

Faznir panics for a second, running to the gnolls trying to find something -- anything! -- to cover himself up. He tears a piece of cloth from the bodies and hastily tries to hide his head.

He does all that in the sneakiest way possible, which is guess isn't really sneaky since there's no cover/distractions, right?

lol Some of the dead humanoids have headwraps you can use. If you want you can make a stealth check


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Mus'ad wrote:

Mus'ad moves to the dead Oread body and starts stripping off the loincloth and leather armor. "Come, their spirits have passed on so they have no need of their possessions"

Once removed he sets to dressing and wrapping his head with a cloth in a makeshift tagelmust despite the humidity.

Shanosuke - I've taken one set of footwrap, head cloth, leather armor and desert skirt for myself.
For all - there is a second body with the same gear that Mus'ad is looting, and two gnoll with wooden armor if you'd prefer that.

For Mus'ad only:

Sorry, should have given a total on everything. Your perception deserved that much.
There are a total of 9 dead gnolls, 6 of whom have been looted
There are a tatal of 5 dead humans, all but two of them have been looted
There are a total of 2 dead Oreads, one has been looted.
Again sorry for the lack of info. For the record, the only things that haven't been been taken from the looted bodies are all the cloth made clothing.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

"Faznir, are you mad with heat to first cover your head before your...?"

Arik gestures downstairs, realizing he's in mixed company. He blushes at Jen but looks only at her cat.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Pavok looks down at the man, he stares into his sould trying to see if he contains the darkness. Before trying to remove the toxin, if Respen doesn't recognize him he will strip him of his gear and top layer of clothes. Realizing he is still baring it all, he will put on the guys clothes. "I'm going to try and ease the poison out of your system, if you behave you will be okay but if you don't my boy there gets to reshape you like he did the scorpions, get it?" As Pavok tells the man he points to Arik.

Casting Detect Evil on him,
Heal Check:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Diplomancy Check:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Jen and Whiskers search around for some "female clothing." Specifically something that actually covers intimate areas. Then she searches for some sort of light crossbow. With some cloth, she attempts to fashion some sort of concealing robe, to cover her tail.


Seeing Pavok leaning over man he saw earlier, Mhykir limps over to see if he can lend a hand, his badly deformed leg clearly visible now he is stripped of his clothes. As he limps there, he looks around him at the other bodies, keeping an eye out for anything he might find useful.

I'm aiding Pavok on his Heal check so if I score 10+ he can add a +2 to his score. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
I take a ten on perception, which yields an 11


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 1

Once he is sporting his freshly looted leather armor, Mus'ad moves to stand next to Pavok with falchion in one hand leaning on his shoulder.


Male Ifrit Sorcerer 2

Faznir covers his head, them proceeds to cover the rest of his body, stealing sneaky glances at Jen while doing so.

A perceptive onlooker might've noticed Faznir trying actively to hide his head. An even more perceptive might've seen what seems to be horns or something like it.

We've been travelling for almost a month now, right?


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Faznir Farin wrote:

Faznir covers his head, them proceeds to cover the rest of his body, stealing sneaky glances at Jen while doing so.

A perceptive onlooker might've noticed Faznir trying actively to hide his head. An even more perceptive might've seen what seems to be horns or something like it.

We've been travelling for almost a month now, right?

Three to be exact


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay current layout

@Pavok, Mus'ad, and Mhykir. Three three of you hover by the the survivor as Pavok tries to remove some of the poison. With Mhykir's assistance they are able to stop the poisons effect. They man lets out a cough and is barely conscious. He hears Pavok but is unablet speak due to the fact that the paralysis hasn't quite passed yet. The man does reach out and grips Pavok's arm and nods.

For Pavok:

Your detect evil shows nothing on this man. Whatever his actual alignment, it is without evil intentions.

@Jen. You are able to find clothes though there is nothing female about any of them. The best you find is a leather chest plate that will sufficiently cover your chest. There are also cloth skirts and loincloths as well. So Jen is able to hide most of the distractions. Though your arms, legs and midriff will still be bare. That is the best coverage these cloths will offer any of you.

@Jen, Mus'ad, and Faznir are all clothed now


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

"Stay still and rest the effects will wear off soon enough." He tells the man, and before he walks away he whispers to Mus'ad "Keep an eye on him, I need to find proper attire."

Pavok will look through the clothing and find himself something to wear.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Arik rumages through the bodies looking for clothes to wear that will fit his short, stocky frame.

Just to be clear, Arik will not wear armor as it interferes with his monk abilities.


Once the man is healed, Mhyker performs a thorough search to see what he can find. While he does so he ponders Faznirs words as to whether this is realy Aridia.

I take 20 on searching: 21
I take 10 on Knowledge Planes: 15
I take 10 on Knowledge Nature: 11
I take 10 on Knowledge Geography: 16


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Jen sits silently next to the man as the poison wears off. Whiskers stares at the person with its big, yellow eyes, waiting for him to recover, introduce himself, and tell his story.


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Mhykir wrote:

Once the man is healed, Mhyker performs a thorough search to see what he can find. While he does so he ponders Faznirs words as to whether this is realy Aridia.

I take 20 on searching: 21
I take 10 on Knowledge Planes: 15
I take 10 on Knowledge Nature: 11
I take 10 on Knowledge Geography: 16

For Mhykir:

After proper examination of your surroundings, it is easy to tell knowledge plains that you are not in the normal world. The sky is blue but hazy. You do not see what is generating the sunlight for there seems to be no sun. Already you can tell the environment you are in is unnatural. Oh and your the only one still naked lol.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Eventually the wouldn't man coughed and cleared his throat.
"Ugh!Thank you, *cough* but, Wh...who...who are you? You are not Aradina's are you.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 1

Taking his falchion off his shoulder and leveling it at the man's throat, Mus'ad adds "Our questions before yours. Haseed is it? - what were your intentions to my camel"


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

After Pavok puts on some clothes (avoiding armor due to the march), he moves back to there prisoner and Mus'ad. He waits til after the man answers his comrade's question, he says "What is your name? Also what were you and your people doing here?"

Diplomancy:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Sense motive check to his answer:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Actually, i would have dressed at the samr time as pavok, except you haven't told me what i see yet, would you rather my character act off what you have spoilered for the others? If so, he goes and grabs some clothes off the other Oread, and examines the body, as his kind are not common.


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Jen adds to Pavok's inquiry. And don't think about deceiving us. My cat knows all of your secrets. He may not speak, but he can certainly tell me if something is amiss.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Whiskers stares at the man intently.

Whisker's Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Mhykir wrote:
Actually, i would have dressed at the samr time as pavok, except you haven't told me what i see yet, would you rather my character act off what you have spoilered for the others? If so, he goes and grabs some clothes off the other Oread, and examines the body, as his kind are not common.

\

For Mhykir:
Sorry. I was in a hurry when I posted to your rolls. Yes you would have found clothing. Actually if you were simply doing a scan of the "battlefield" You would have seen what Mu'sad saw in his spoiler up top. The looted and untouched bodies and the other details I mentioned. Also yes, these Oreads are not usually common and these are stone folk like you. Again I'm sorry about the missing the information. If there is any other information you were looking for and I forgot to mention, please let me know. From what I can see I got everything.

You all come down on the man hard with your questions. He panics for a moment. But tries to answer. "I...I'm Haseed. Please don't kill me. Me and my team just found a band of Neubites on their way to the geysers and we thought it would help our side if we eliminated them and took all they had. We weren't aware that most of their prisoners were still alive." He looks around for a moment. "We were going to finish gathering the things from the bodies on our second trip. That's the truth I swear!"

As far as you can tell Those of you who made checks also The man is telling the truth.


Male Ifrit Sorcerer 2

OK, good cop/bad cop it is!

Very pleased to meet you, Haseed. Faznir crouches near the man Me and my friends are just having a hard time understanding what happened here. Your friends are on their camp still waiting on ya, is that right? What do you say we go there have a word with them?

Faznir looks around to the PCs, noticing the meager conditions of everyone. He says in Kellish, and a second later in Elven and Giant.
We'll need some supplies if we are to survive here. These people may also have our own equipment, stolen from these Neubite creatures.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

"When you're through with that wretch, I have found a way up."

Arik points to a path leading along the cliff side and to the cliff itself.

"I wouldn't wonder if we could gain more information concerning our situation if we moved away from this death pit."


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 1

Mus'ads gaze lingers on Haseed for a few moments before he relents "Up and lead on to the rest of you" turning to mount Al Gasreed.


Mhykir grabs one of the quarterstaffs lying around and uses it as a crutch as he hobbles over to the group, [b]'Hold up before you head out, we don't know what's up there, and we should be in our top form. Does anyone require any healing? I can be of assistance'[b]

If anyone desires healing, after I've healed myself I can cast it four more times today, so just tell me you'd like it, and roll 1d8+2. Because I only had 3 hit points lost, I am now healed to my max Shanosuke


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Jen places her hand on her chest and casts cure light wounds on herself. 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Do you mean we have to do some CLIMBING?


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The man struggles to sit up but he is still badly injured and quite tired. He only has one hot point Further attempts at restoring his condition will enable him to walk and talk easier.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

"Indeed Jen, they may be some climbing."

Shanosuke, would Arik get any bonus were he to wrap ropes around his fists? Maybe ability for slashing damage?


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Not so much climbing. The path leads up a steep slope but has a lot of handhold and is very sturdy. Taking 10 on climbing would be easy so no actually roll will be necessary. Also, Arik, wrapping rope around your fists would be like putting on Brassknuckles. It would increase your damage from 1d3 to 1d4. But your a monk. I doubt it would benefit you.


Mhykir sees the man struggling to get up, and walking over him places his hand of his shoulder, then speaks a few words in Terran (cure light wounds)

Cure Light Wounds:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 1

Once the man is underway, Mus'ad follows closely behind him.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

"I suggest we take a quick inventory of what is still around, and get some items ready for trading when we get to a town. How close is the nearest town Haseed? Is there anything we should not talk about when we arrive?" Pavok talks to them in a friendly tone. After that he will look at what items they got laying in front of them and get ready to pack them up.

Diplomancy:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Sense Motive:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Both Martian Level 20 invader

After the healing, Haseed is able to stand and talk easier. He scans the others, seemingly a bit bewildered, and then at Pavok. "Indead you are an unusual group of folks. The likes of which I have not see." He gestures to Arik and then Mus'ad. He then clears his throat and looks a bit uncomfortable. "I come from a village nearby. Aisome. It is where my fellows traveled. If you help me gather the remnants of this gear and burn the bodies of my fallen comrades, I will take you to my village." He looks around at everybody. "One of you mentioned you had gear. We found six large bundles of weapons, armor, and other sorts. Was that yours? If so, I'm sure my comrades would be happy to return them. Come let us hurry.

Gear.
Weapons:
2 Longspears
4 Scimitars
3 Clubs
1 Quarterstaff
Armor:
3 pieces of wooden
2 leather
Other gear.
None, likely looted.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

At Pavok's direction, Arik bundles the weapons with rope so they will be easily carried. Once finished, Arik piles the bodies of Haseem's comrades.

"I have not the means to create fire. Faznir, can you assist us in this?"


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Arik Bryn wrote:

At Pavok's direction, Arik bundles the weapons with rope so they will be easily carried. Once finished, Arik piles the bodies of Haseem's comrades.

"I have not the means to create fire. Faznir, can you assist us in this?"

Arik you and anyone else who assists you will notice that two of the bodies aren't similar to the others. In fact they look like a couple of the guards from your caravan. They are dead.


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

I hope there is some sort of armoury at the village, because I am woefully underskilled when it comes to the art of physical combat.

Jen helps drag the bodies of Haseem's comrades to the pile, having too little strength to actually carry them, straining with every foot of movement.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 1

Mus'ad begrudgingly helps pile the bodies for burning and collect the remaining loot.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Arik watches Mus'ad questioningly for some time. In the end, the dwarf cannot help himself.

"Did something happen to you Mus'ad to put in such a lasting foul mood? I do not mean to chastise. Indeed, our current lot may even warrant a poor temper. It's just that I have not seen you smile or heard you speak a word in jest since we met. Is it something I might assist with? I can't promise to be more useful than anyone else, but I will swear to treat any issue you trust me with as if the trouble were my own."

Just a heads up for everyone: I just bought my first house! As such, I will be moving over the next week or two. I will still have access to my laptop and I can sometimes post at work. That said, I may be a little less frequent in posting. I will definitely get in one post per day and will strive for more. Just thought ya'll ought to know.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 1

Mus'ad takes in the Dwarf as he speaks, his cold eyes unblinking. "Our path and actions are shared through our employ dwarf, that contract signed did not oblige me to share my thoughts. Did you see our master amongst the bodies? - I am impatient to continue as we need to find him and assure his safety." waving an arm at the bodies "Their essence is gone, food for the worms. We should concern ourselves with those that yet live"

Congrats on the house :)


Mhykir helps to load the bodies onto the pile, not being able to walk fast he remains content to hoist them up. He remains quiet and contemplative through this, and as the pire is set on fire he bows his head in respect.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Pavok helps the group with putting the bodies into the pile. As they start the fire he quietly says a pray for them, "May the souls of the fallen find there way into the creators forge." Then after he whispers that he looks to Haseed and says"Sir is there any rights of Daiga you wish to speak before we leave." He gives way for Haseed to move on. After that Pavok will carry a share of the Loot and get two strands of rope. He'll look to Mus'ad and Arik as they talk and says "You are right Mus'ad we need to find our charge and make sure he is okay. But my elven comrade we need to keep light hearted or we might be at each others throats by mid-day haha. Just sink in that the gods have spared us and we will find our friends I know it." Pavok with a upbeat stance gets ready to leave, and accepts one of Mhykir heals with a thanks.

Cure light:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Hey Shanosuke I was wondering if I could wrap the ropes on both hands and do two weapon fighting with it? Just let me know. Also was wondering if the guards we recognize are they the ones that stayed or the ones that left in the middle of the night. Finally Congrats on the house Arik!!!!


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Haseed is able to get the fire going. It takes a while for the flames to get going but they do. The man looks solemnly at the burning corpses. "Daiga has abandoned us to these monsters. And others like them. I owe if no prayer." He takes a deep breath and looks to the others. "This was our first battle. Some of the others think we won but I don't have the same feeling." He turns and starts towards the ramp. "Come. We can conviene at my village and I will let you stay at my home. It is the least I can do for my rescuers."

The two dead guards are the lot that stayed with you. Yeah I suppose you can do the two weapon fighting with the ropes. Just curious. Why Pavok so interested in using rope as opposed to anything else. I will wait for Faznir to post before you move up the path.

151 to 200 of 1,595 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shanosuke's Souls of Lost Aridia All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.