Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shanosuke's Souls of Lost Aridia (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,595 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Both Martian Level 20 invader

Pavok is un able to find seige equipment on defenders nor was the results of his skill check sufficient enough to yield anything effective.

Mus'ad is trying to climb the wall but for some reason can't quite seem to get up it. Literally one point off

The anubites in the fort are moving to try to halt Mus'ads climb. One thrusts a spear at him but it scrapes against Mus'ad's armor doing no damage to him.

Keep trying guys. This is really kind of funny to image.

Mus'ad you can try again to climb. You made it really close with the 14


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Mus'ad attempts to climb atop the wall once more...

Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

...standing astride it if possible, if not he will drop into the midst of the anubites with elven blade out and ready.


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Jen's cat slinks up to the top of the wall, peering over and staying out of the way. After the anubites notice and engage Musad, Jen will use a slumber hex by pointing her hands at one of the holes in the grated door (DC 15), then making sure she can't be hit by a spear or something by backing up.

If it succeeds, Whiskers will sneak along near the slumbering anubite (since she's a cat, and there's a big scary elf fellow too) and the next turn, digs its claws into the slumbering anubite's throat, dealing 6 damage and requiring a DC 16 Fort Save.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Giving up on creating a siege weapon he looks towards his friend and says, "I left a long spear in the melee so when I hop over this fence back me up hehe." The Paladin cracks a smile at the dwarf, then the holy warrior starts bolting for the wall and leaps onto it to try and get up the barrier a little faster. As he leaps towards the wall he prays to Torag in hopes of grasping the foot and hand holds as he lands from his jump.

Here we go!
Acrobatics(jump):1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Climb:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


F Human (Shoanti) Ranger (Falconer) 4 (HP 42/42)

"Tegan!" Catalina's voice carries the falcon's name clearly and the bird of prey fries over the wall to back up the Elf and Paladin. Hovering over the enemy he strikes at them with his talons.

Talon1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 for 1d4 ⇒ 4
Talon2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 for 1d4 ⇒ 3

Catalina readies herself by Jen at the holes in the door. When Jen steps away from after preforming her magic, Shaonti steps forward and fires an arrow through the hole towards the enemy. If possible

Arrow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay Mus'ad does one of those awesome leaps over the wall right into the mess of gathered Anubites bellow. The each get AoOs against the brave but Reckless elf. Two hits are scored dealing a total of 11 damage combined to the cavalier

Pavok then vaults the wall and gains no attention from the foes. From here it is an easy move to flank with Mus'ad if he is still standing.

The sleep hex fails to knockout and anubite These dudes have become quite good at those checks. Cat made it the the other side of the wall this round.

Tegan moves in to aid and one talon scores on the back of an anubite.
Then Catalina herself makes one heck of a trick shot through one of the holes in the fort landing an arrow in the side of Tegan's target dropping one of the beasts. Nicely done

There are three anubites left
Pavok, Mus'ad, Tegan, and Whiskers are all in range to move and attack.

Catalina and Jen can attempt to use their abilities again from afar.

And Samal and Arik will cheer from the sidelines YAY!

Your go guy, you could easily finish it this round


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Not entirely sure why they all get AoOs?


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Will give you an action regardless of question

Mus'ad attacks:
Curve blade: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 for 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Pavok steps behind the the enemy and slides out his shortsword and a sap in his off hand. He lets out his flurry on the unexpecting creature.

Flanking with Mus'ad
Attack1(shortsword):1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Attack2(sap):1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage1:1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage2(non-lethal):1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Curious did I catch the creatures flat footed since they didn't notice me?


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Spears have reach. To go over a 12 foot wall right down on top of the would essentially move through their threaten reach. That would taken your whole turn to perform so the attack happens the following turn. Now I want to be fair Mus'ad, did I read your action correctly? It stated you were attempting to climb over the wall amongst the anubites right?


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Jen tries using slumber on a different anubite that wasn't targeted by her or Musad before. (DC 15)

Whiskers will attempt to coup de grace any slumbering anubite, or just stays around in the area if not.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

So they are using longspears? - I'd assumed they were armed similarly to the other ones that we have been fighting.
Mus'ad probably wouldn't have dropped into the middle of them if it meant giving up AoOs from them all. But for the sake of moving forwards I'll just offer an Acro attempt to negate the AoOs
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Both Martian Level 20 invader

AoOs negated as you dive past their spears. Carry on with your next round actions Mus'ad


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Next round of actions was a glorious attack roll of 1... so they'll get to dogpile on me before I can strike again.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Hehe, dogpile, hehe, thats a good pun.


F Human (Shoanti) Ranger (Falconer) 4 (HP 42/42)

When Jen backs away from the hole in the wall Catalina jumps in again and aims another arrow firing at an enemy.

Arrow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Tegan flies down striking the anubites.

Talon1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 for 1d4 ⇒ 3
Talon2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 for 1d4 ⇒ 1

d'aww, that sucked. =/


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Yeah that did suck but you killed one the last round. I will post in the morning.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Sorry for dely. Lots of stuff had to be moved and I had little time to record the previous actions. Done now.

Pavok: No they aren't flat footed but you do score a very nice hit on one. He turns to attack you and misses

JenAnubite fell asleep, Whiskers moves up but cannot Coup de Grace this turn. Next turn he can attempt.

Mus'ad One Foe on you attempts to attack and misses.

Catalina FAIL! Drop and give me ten push ups.

Arik Things are pretty quiet where your at, quite peaceful....inspite of your injuries.

Samal Grooming herself and licking her wounds.

OKAY IT IS YOU GUY'S TURN
2 Anubites are standing, one is hurt.
1 Anubite is sleeping unaware of the danger now creeping up on him.
You can finish this guys. Once these three are done, you win!


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Jen moves to use slumber on one of the standing anubites, while Whiskers digs his claws into the sleeping anubite to try and finish him off.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

"If you dogs were smart you would surrender NOW!" With that yell the paladin lets out a another flurry of his blade and sap onto the creatures.

Flanking with Mus'ad
Attack1(sword):1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Attack2(Sap):1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage1:1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage2(non-lethal):1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Mus'ad continues the assault with his curved blade, hoping to end the combat quickly:

Curve blade: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 for 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Crit Conf: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 for 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay all hits and whiskers successfully coup de graced the sleeper. All the anubites are dead.
CONGRATULATIONS! You finally won this skirmish. You five have slain about a good 40 foes this day and the fort is yours.

Now that you are safe, what do you do now?


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

"I'm starting a fire. I'm cold and hungry. Someone find out what we have to eat. After food, I'm going to sleep for a month."


F Human (Shoanti) Ranger (Falconer) 4 (HP 42/42)

Catalina scans the carnage before addressing Arik with a smirk, "Well, we have plenty of dog meat." Tegan lands on her shoulder and squawks hungrily. She then kneels beside a fallen foe and begins searching the body for anything useful while also trying to recover any arrows she can.

Perc: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

After seeing the gate of the fort opened so that those outside can join those within, Mus'ad tends to Al Gasreed and gives him a grooming. Afterwards he will move through the grounds seeing what might be seen and taking what might be found.

Take 20 on Perception for 31


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Jen cackles and picks up Whiskers to congratulate him. Who's a good cat? YOU'RE A GOOD CAT. She pauses momentarily to pick up a random scrap of cloth to clean the blood and gore off Whisker's claws. Then Whiskers scampers up to her shoulder.

Well, we should probably get this place cleaned up. Anubites don't smell good when they're alive, but smell even worse after being dead for a few days.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

"The Forge Father has smiled on us today, I am glad we made it through this victory." Pavok smiles as he looks at his comrades. Before he does anything Pavok will offer to bandage his friends wounds so they can recover faster as they rest. "You all keep resting I'll take inventory of what we got here."

Then will move through the fortress taking an inventory of what they in this fort.

Heal check:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
And will take 20 on perception.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Catalina:

Upon you quick inspection of the base you notice a really nice looking spear on one of the weapon racks. It is a lot cleaner and nicer than anything else around here.

You all take your time looking over the fort.
There are two noteable structures other than the walls. One looks like a bunk house and the other is a jail.

Those of you who inspect the jail will here snarling and growling from within. You cannot make out what is inside and the door is locked.

there are also four watch towers in the corners of the fort.

You see several weapon racks and armor stands
Majority of the weapons and armor seem to consist of:
Longspears
Javelins
Scimitars
Falchions
Quarter staves
Clubs
and mostly wooden armor with a couple of leathers here and there.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Upon hearing the growling Mus'ad takes a better look at the structure of the jail... - are there any windows or places where the roof could be pulled back to give a look at what is inside without opening the door?


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Perhaps it is time to bring some soldiers of the nearby villages to station this fort, incase we need to move onwards.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

"Let me know if you need any help over there Mus'ad, since your better with animals then I." Pavok comments, he really wants to help the elf with whatever is hiding in the building but his crafting tools are calling him. He moves to the weapon racks and gathers a few long spears and a couple of flachion. He takes them to a corner in the main area near the fire. The paladin withdraws his tool set from his backpack setting each aside then looking to the weapons he gathered, and Torag starts to give the human inspiration on what to do with these mundane weapons. As he works on sharping and cutting down, his hands flow as they are possessed by another force.

I barely got touched in that fight, I was there to bring back my battle brother and sister back to health. I was there to protect this group and defeat there enemies. Torag is this the purpose I have been searching for, I believe you have sent me here to watch over this group and help them fulfill this quest worthy of your greatness Forge Father. He holds his head low and finishes the prayer and looks onto what he created while he was enthralled in thought.

Ideas for Modifying current weapons:
Just let me know if anything like this is okay, I was going to cut down the longspear into a normal sized spear and reinforcing the blunt head so I can use it as a double weapon or creating a double headed spear I will take a minus at first in using the weapon but with time maybe I will be able to use the new weapon without the minus.

Take a flachion and grind down the blade and balance out the weapon so it can be used as a one handed weapon but this would take down the damage to 1d8 19-20 x2 crict.

Just a few ideas let me know what you think, also I was thinking about during a wooden breastplate into a sheild.

Would take 20 on both the weapon craft(30) and armor craft(27)


F Human (Shoanti) Ranger (Falconer) 4 (HP 42/42)

In Catalina's look around she comes across something interesting on one of the weapon racks. She retrieves it and continues observing the area with the others.

When the creature grows from the locked room, Tegan cries out with a flap of his wings. "Hey hey! Tegan. Calm yourself..." she coos to her friend. She waits on the elf's investigation. "What do you believe it is?"

I'm taking a Knowledge: Nature check:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
I'll go ahead and assume that didn't make the cut...

Feeling bored of this discovery, the dark skinned woman makes her way back to the camp fire that Arik made. She sits and starts inspecting the striking features of the spear she found before asking, "Have any of you skill with a spear?"


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Arik snorts and rolls over in the yard.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay, unfortunately there is no way to see what is inside the jailhouse. You can hear the rattling of chains and the sounds of snarling beasts.

Samal wanders in looking over the place but doesn't say anything.

Suddenly you here the sound of thunder and a black essence appears in the fort enterance. There standing before you all is the lich, Senessees whom you had met earlier.
"How dare you meddle in affairs that are not your own. You weren't suppose to wipe those anubites out! No matter. I will wipe you out before the village even realizes the threat is gone!"

He raises his sword ready for battle but before you guys can begin your clash another dark cloud appears. in this cloud you see a skuill wearing an egyptian headdress and he has two firy red eyes. The face slowly turns human.

"Behold for I am Amun-Ra. Sennessees! You have violated the agreement of tombs by getting involved with the living. You will return to Hamunatra and meet with me in person to discuss your punishment!"

Sennessees drops his sword and drops to his knees hands clasped together as if to beg. "Please Lord Amun! Forgive me! I was only trying to help us gain more followers!"

"Silence!" Amun-Ra shouts. "You have been building a harem and using wittless villagers for your own personal gain! No More! You will return and service us proper. Now report to Hamunatra at once or we will hunt you down like the traitor you are!"

Sennessees kowtows before the mighty figure. "At once your excellence." The cloud containing the head of Amun-Ra vanishes and Sennessees too stands and quickly teleports out of sight also.

The area is quiet. Your turn.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Arik lays sprawled in the yard clutching at his heart.

"What in Torag's bowels was THAT!"


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Mus'ad turns his attention from the jail to the arrival of Sennessees and his muscles tighten in remembrance of their last meeting. The subsequent arrival of the one that makes him kowtow raises more questions than it answers...

He moves from the jail and leads Al Gasreed near to Arik "Whatever is in the jail is not going anywhere tonight. It would be wise to rest, and then deal with it in the morning." avoiding talk of the liches as to explain them would be to drag his previous weakness back into the light.

How large are the bricks / wood panels that make up the jail?
Mus'ad would plan to peel one back / remove one to get a way to look inside the jail without opening the door - and request Jen to cast light on a stone so that it can be tossed in through the rent to allow clear view.


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Jen helps Arik up, having seen stranger after being conceived by a demon.

"I really have to learn how to do that. Seems useful for the future."


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

"You don't know how to what? Be scared? What happened lass, that you can't get scared?"


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Pavok to engrossed with his work, is oblivous to the whole conversation that just accured.

Shanosuke you cool with any of those mods to those weapons or not? Let me know.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Mus'ad:

The jail is 40x40 feet. It is walled and roofed with two layers of Palm wood. There are a few peep holes. If you could somehow get a light in there you would likely be able to make out most of what is inside. However peeling apart the jail would take some tools and time.

Pavok:

The modifactions you chose to make are possible but will take a day to do for each item. The double spear you wish to make would end up being a lethal quarterstaff. That would take a couple of hours,

The faclchion to longsword deal would take a day and there is a risk of breaking it in the process which I will roll for.

The shield would be the easiest only taking about an hour.

The important require ment is going to be tools. There is a grindstone present which you can use but if you do not have artisan tools, you will not be allowed to make your craft skill checks. I can't see it done without tools.

I am so glad to see everyone simply ingored my booming cloud of doom with the omminous voice and the evil lich that was about to kill you all. *sigh* I knew I had rushed that too much.


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

"Ah, fear is something that I know all to well, but I was referring to the effect of flashing in so quickly. It would certainly be more convenient than riding around on camels all day."


F Human (Shoanti) Ranger (Falconer) 4 (HP 42/42)

At the loud entrance of Sennessees, Tegan cries out and flaps threatening at the intruder. Catalina tenses nearly falling off the log bench she was sitting on. She could hardly believe what she was seeing.

When the creature was pulled away by the cloudy head that also appeared out no where and all went to silence, Catalina looked around to make sure she didn't have a freak hallucination from the heat of the desert. She grew concerned when Pavok seemed oblivious, but calmed with some relief when Arik and Jen began discussing the strange encounter. She does note, however, that they seem less effected by the incident than she was, so she quickly tries to regain her composure while still interested in investigating, "Seemed rather familiar with us, although I know I've never seen... it before." She looks to Jen, "Have you previously come across this creature?"


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

"Yes. I almost fought it: A decision I am glad my friends here talked me out of."

Arik gives an affectionate nod to those present for their first encounter with Sennessees.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Shanosuke:
Will start with the shield and double spear, let me know what the stats are for both and then work on the sword. And of course I have the tools.

After missing the grand show of the two creatures Pavok finally looks up when he over hears the dwarf talk about a fought. "Did I miss something my friend?"

Pavok has a +0 in perception so I thought his work would disract him too much.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

DM Shanosuke:
For mine, the reason Mus'ad didn't react overtly was because the situation was resolved before we got a chance to.
It was fine for exposition as it informed us of the situation, but if for greater interactivity I would have stopped Senessees after his first line and before the appearance of Amun-Ra. Then I would have stopped a second time after Amun-Ra arrived they had their first verbal exchange.
It would have taken longer, yes - but would have given us a chance to input at appropriate spots.

Mus'ad is silent as Catalina brings up the previous encounter with the lich, though he does rub the spot where the lich touched him and paralyzed his form. Grimacing beneath the cover of his tagelmust, Mus'ad approaches Jen "Are you able to conjure light onto a stone? I would see what is within the jail, but my eyes cannot pierce the dark."


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

I forgot to write out my cantrips for the day, but I assume that it's alright.

"Why yes, but be careful not to provoke the beasts inside. I have heard tales about some that I do not wish to witness first hand." She picks up a nice palm-sized stone, casts light on it, and hands it to Musad.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

"Nothing worth mentioning at length Pavok. Catalina asked why we all were not as surprised by Sennesees as she. I was telling her that we had almost fought the creature."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

I am truly sorry about the rush job on that encounter. That was poor storytelling on my part. I had thought about taking it in parts but I feared how some of you would've responded. Bad judgement on my part for sure. What was suppose to be a significant and impactful moment was ruined by poor delivery. I am sorry for that. I will have more faith in my players from now on and not try and rush things.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

I am having a great time. Also, most of your players are GMs, we know mistakes get made on both sides of the screen. No worries. You're doing great!


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Shanosuke - don't beat yourself up... and if you like, take a mulligan and do it over.

Mus'ad thanks Jen for the stone, and moves to the jail, forcing the lit stone into the dark within and trying to get a better idea for what is within...

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,595 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shanosuke's Souls of Lost Aridia All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.