Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shanosuke's Souls of Lost Aridia (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,595 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Pavok shouts in rage as he sees his battle brother and sister fall to these dogs. "I TOLD YOU CREATURES THAT I WILL FEED YOUR SOULS TO TORAG'S FORGE PERSONALLY!"

With that he lets out another flurry of blades both of the weapons dig into the foul dogs flesh.

Attack1:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Attack2:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage1:1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage2:1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Hot dang Pavok. Certainly managed to back up your rage there.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

I know, I was suprised as well. I mean roll good for all my rolls thats unheard off.


F Human (Shoanti) Ranger (Falconer) 4 (HP 42/42)

"Filthy mongrels!" Shouted Catalina as she watch the dwarf fall. First Samal, now Arik. Although the anubites were dwindling in numbers, her new comrades were paying harshly.

Inspiration was ignited in her, however, when Pavok gave a raging battle cry and struck clean blows to his foe. Catalina raised her bow again and fired.

Arrow1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Arrow2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Tegan
Talon1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 for 1d4 ⇒ 1
Talon2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 for 1d4 ⇒ 3

LOL, wow. I guess she really was inspired. XD
Confirming Crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 for 3d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2, 2) + 4 = 11


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Nice job you guys!


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Spurring Al Gasreed forward, Mus'ad stands tall in the saddle striking down with his curve blade as he rushes by one of the Anubites...

Curve Blade Ride-By Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 4 = 25 for 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Jen draws her sacrificial stone dagger and jabs it into the badly injured anubite in front of her, in a wimpy but effective manner.

1d3 ⇒ 3 damage

Whiskers five foot steps near the anubite the Jen brought down the round before with the slumber hex, and coup de grace's it (DC 16 Fort save or die, 6 damage regardless)


Both Martian Level 20 invader

4 more anubites die.

The two anubites on Arik and Pavok turn and flee provoking an attack from Pavok on one of them.

The one on Jen isn't aware that his fellows are fleeing and attacks her. In spite of his knife wound courtesy of Jen, he manages to land another for 8 damage.

The other two are hoofing it back to the fort.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

AoO on Anubite:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Damage AoO:1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

After slicing at the retreating creatures, Pavok drops his two blades and swiftly retrieves two chakrams and throws them at the two cowards. "COME FACE YOUR FATE! YOU CANNOT OUTRUN MY FURY!"

Chakram throw1:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Critical Confirm:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Chakram throw2:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Damage1:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Critical Extra Damage:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage2:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Let me know if I'm able to do this action.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

A lot of increments make it difficult as the opponents are 70 feet away on your turn, but the crit WILL hit though definitely not confirm.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Mus'ad sees the Anubites fleeing and wheels his camel once more. Hugged close to Al Gasreed's back he spurs him onwards in pursuit.

Taking a run action parallel to the Anubites to set up a Ride-by-Charge next round


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Jen moves diagonally five feet, making the anubite turn so that he can see that no other anubite is still fighting. Your fellows have fled or lost their heads, so now it's time to run to bed!

Jen uses misfortune on the anubite (DC 15 Will or it has to roll twice on every skill check, attack roll, etc and take the worse roll).

Whiskers stands in front of Jen, so the anubite would have to walk into the same square as Whiskers if the anubite didn't flee and wanted to attack Jen.


F Human (Shoanti) Ranger (Falconer) 4 (HP 42/42)

Catalina stands, running about 30 ft to stay within a good range of the fleeing anubites. While she's catching up Tegan swoops for another attack on their cowardly foes.

Talon1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 for 1d4 ⇒ 4
Talon2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 for 1d4 ⇒ 1

She readies her bow and fires one clean shot

Arrow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Fleeing anubites are dead.

The sole remaining anubite on Jen is wounded and cornered. He desperately attacks Jen.

His two scores are 16 and 20. It will hit Jen for 8 damage

Aside from the one anubite, there are no other targets.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Pavok smiles as the Chakram strikes one of the two creatures then turns around to see the last one attacking there sweet witch. He draws his flachion as he charges the final creature and swings true!

Attack1:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Damage1:2d4 + 6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 6 = 9
Crict Confirm:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Extra Damage:2d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 = 12


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Pavok cuts the last one in two showering him and Jen with blood. You guys are clear. There is movement from within the fort but nothing else is heading out to challenge you.

What is your next course of action


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Jen looks down at Arik and then at herself. Well, it seems that we have lost plenty of blood in this struggle, and after the fight with the mummies, I don't believe I have many resources to continue the fight.

Jen is at 4/20

Jen uses cure light wounds on Arik to try and stir him back to consciousness. 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Do we have any healing resources on hand to continue the fight or perhaps we should retreat and fight again another day?


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Arik shudders, coughs, and finally rolls onto his back.

"Did we win?" He smiles weakly.

Arik 5/22


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Wiping the blood from his face he smiles at his dwarven friend speaking again, "By the forge we did my battle brother, not a single one escaped." He wipes off the falchion before he puts it back in its sheath. Then moves over to Samal and heals her with the faith of Torag.

Lay on hands on Samal(2):2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11

After he heals the Lamia he moves back to Arik and Jen, using his last two lay on hands to even them out.

Lay on hands on Jen:1d6 ⇒ 4
Lay on hands on Arik:1d6 ⇒ 1 Lovely.

"I Apologize that is all I can heal you all, my power is still new to me and only have so much of it." He helps up any of his companions that take his offer then as he retrieves his weapons, "I think we should move out before they send reinforcements, but first lets see if they have anything we could use." The paladin searches the enemy for anything of use, leaving his scimatar, Longspear, and falchion as markers for the lives he took.

Perception:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

After sending a glance backwards to his companions to see that they are not dead, Mus'ad spurs Al Gasreed a little closer to the fort. Elven eyes scan the battlements to see if he can tell how many remain within or if they have anything planned...

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


F Human (Shoanti) Ranger (Falconer) 4 (HP 42/42)

Blood squirts as Pavok drops the last dog. Catalina takes a breath as her eyes scan the corpses that now surrounded them. She puts her bow away and gives a whistle. Tegan flies by landing on the leather brace covering her forearm and she feeds him a spare piece of meat. Relieved to see her new comrades recover if only just a little, she turns her gaze towards the fortress in an attempt to see what is going on beyond the ruin wall.

Perseption: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Not being able to see much, she awaits the elf's assessment of the remaining situation.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Mus'ad:

You can make out four birdmen in the watch towers of the fort. Only a couple of Anubites are scurrying about within. You guess there are somewhere between four to six Anubites left overall. Fort itself is made completely of wood. Best you can tell the remaining fort defenders are preparing for your attack, should you decide to assault the fort.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Calling over his shoulder to the others "Their back is broken and there are but few left. Retreat if you must, I'll come and get you when I have killed them all" before starting Al Gasreed to walk forward without even turning to ken the answer of his companions. Laying his curve blade across his knees, Mus'ad strings his bow and looks for a target to pick out...

Shanosuke - unless I notice the bird men seeking to take aim at me, or firing - I'll approach the gates to within ~150ft or so and get an idea of how easy it is going to be to maneuver Al Gasreed around inside there...


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Hearing the elves words he starts to think that this might be a good idea, "This could work, If Mus'ad and I lead the charge with range support from Catalina and Jen while Samal and Arik take out any that get past us. We need to be careful since our healing is spent. Though Torag is watching over us!" He holds up the two Chakram he threw and then looks to the group. "So shall we claim our new house? or what!"


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Arik nods grimly.

"I agree. However, is there another ranged weapon I might use? I feel an up close encounter may be a foregone conclusion at this point..."


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

As the dwarf asks for a range weapon the human starts digging through his gear, "Arik I have a Javilin, 6 darts and Sling you and Samal can use. Let me know which ones you two wish to use."


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Ack, I cannot be out recuperating while you are fighting! Let us proceed then.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

"I'll take the darts snd the sling if it's not too much trouble."


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

"No trouble at all my Battle Brother, glad these armaments suit you." He then gives a smirk to Jen, "As long as whiskers is prepared, then we are guaranteed victory!" Let us proceed.


F Human (Shoanti) Ranger (Falconer) 4 (HP 42/42)

Before being able to respond herself, the group starts huddling and rooting for there alleged victory. She once again shook her head finding amusement in the relations of these folk. "Let us be on our way then, but should barging in be the best strategy, I wonder. They may be mutts, but I would hate to find out the hard way if they're skilled with a bow." She looks to Mu'sad who seems to have ignored the group. "Can your eyes see anything of the weapons they carry?"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You all move towards the fort. The fort is made of palm trees and its walls are are about 16 feet in height and the towers are 20 feet. The fort is big enough to house fifty or more people. You mopped up more than 30.

You are certain there are only 8 foes left.

The Birdmen are staying to the towers and are armed with javelins. Don't get within thirty feet of the fort or they will throw'em.

Also the fort walls are full of holes. None big enough for you to get through but it is possible to reach a weapon in or even shoot into the fort.

You guys have the initiative if you want to try attacking. You could also attempt to climb the walls DC 20 to get up and over in one turn. Follow it up with an acrobatics to land safely on the other side.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Pavok looks towards the two bow wielders and salutes them with his Chakram, "Your up, I will follow up after your initial volley." Pavok waits till after there volley and throws a Chakram wild in hopes it will reach its target.

Stay in range of 60ft of the closest tower and throws
Chakram Throw(minues added in):1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Damage:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
And it goes wild


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Jen stays back, as she doesn't have much health or any means to strike from farther than 30 feet.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Shanosuke - is the gate closed?


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Yes the gate is closed


F Human (Shoanti) Ranger (Falconer) 4 (HP 42/42)

Catalina nods back to Pavok, "That's what I'm here for." She gets into a reasonable position close enough for a good shot, but far enough to stay out of the reach of the javelins. She steadies her aim and fires two shots.

Arrow1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Arrow2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

She give a whistle and Tegan jumps into the air diving for the birdmen as well.

Talon1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 for 1d4 ⇒ 2
Talon2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 for 1d4 ⇒ 4

Wow, they all hit. That's a first.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

As Catalina looks to the tower guards, Mus'ad goads Al Gasreed directly up to the town gates. Unless challenged by foes, he eyes the mechanism seeing if there is any means of forcing it open.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Mus'ad:
There is no mechanism. It is hand shut and opened held on by hinges and barred with a huge wood plank. Though rickety and full of holes, it looks as though it would hold against the common miscreants. No visible way to force it open. It looks as though it could be climb as do most of the walls on this fort. The four anubites have spear at the ready to poke any who'd try. Climbing the wall would make you flat footed against them.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

"Mus'ad and Catalina could keep the tower guards busy I think I could use that crow bar of yours Arik with that rope. If I plant it on one the holes near the wall and Al Gasreed and you could pull open a hole? Just an idea."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Out of all of you Catalina is able to drop one of the birdmen, her falcon Tegan lands a nasty scratch on another. The birdman Tegan attacked attempts to throw a javalin at the bird but misses.

Another birdman flies over Mus'ad and chucks a javelin at him also missing.

The third birdman flies over to Pavok and throws his and....also misses. The three remaining birdmen still have javelins left to thrown and they are circling overhead menacingly.

Your turns to respond to this aggression.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Returning to his bow, Mus'ad returns fire at the birdmen.

Comp. Longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 for 1d8 ⇒ 1


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Pavok draws his javalin and chakram in the flash of an eye and throws them at the birdman over head.

Attack 1 (Chakram):1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Attack 2(Javalin):1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage 1:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage 2:1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Mus'ad's arrow goes wide and catches nothing but air

Pavok scores a hit on one of the birdmen, it falls out of the sky and lands on the ground. It is still alive, anyone want to take a swing at it?

Catalina you need to shoot something.


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Jen tries to catch another one of the birdmen above with a slumber (DC 15 or fall asleep). Whiskers will coup de grace if the birdman falls (6 damage and DC 16 Fort or die).


F Human (Shoanti) Ranger (Falconer) 4 (HP 42/42)

"Be careful!" Catalina calls to Jen, "That birdman could still be dangerous." She reloads her bow and fires two more arrows.

Arrow1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Arrow2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Tegan
Talon1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 for 1d4 ⇒ 4

Talon2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 for 1d4 ⇒ 4


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Shanosuke - would Pavok's crowbar plan be feasible?


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Enough damage has be passed around that each bird falls from the sky. Each bird has taken enough in fall damage as a result that they are no longer alive. None of them, I forgot to apply fall damage to the first one that fell so he t0o is dead and whiskers need only attack the one that fell asleep to kill it. so they are all dead.

The crowbar is too small for the gate and would not aid in breaking open the gate. There are only four anubites left and it seems the only way to enter will be to climb the walls or fashion a battering ram.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Pavok Searches around the dead bodies of his enemies and tries take inventory to see if he can device any siege machines out of the materials.

Perception{if needed}:1d20 ⇒ 2
Craft(Weapon):1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Craft check is to gain ideas from the items found.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Patting Al Gasreed's neck, Mus'ad goads him closer to the wall. Using his elevated position standing atop his camel's saddle, he aims to vault atop the wall and drop to the other side - elven blade in hand.

Hoping the elevated position will allow for an easier Climb check DC?
Take 10 for 13 if possible, if not: Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Arik awaits orders.

I'll never get the hang of seiges...

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,595 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shanosuke's Souls of Lost Aridia All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.