Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shanosuke's Souls of Lost Aridia (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


51 to 100 of 1,595 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Both Martian Level 20 invader

Most of you didn't make your perceptions but most of you made your reflex saves

As the dust storm moved in the caravan is attacked. Mus'ad notices something moving in the sands. Pavok notices an evil aura moving around in the sands. Both Mus'ad and Pavok are able to ready themselves for an attack.

Suddenly bursting out of the sand at everybody's feet are some strange Gnoll like monsters armed with clubs and quarterstaves. Fortunately quick reflexes allowed all of you to avoid being knocked prone. The monsters move to quickly attack. The attacks are so quick the those who didn't notice them in the sands are caught by surprise.

First round is the surprise round and only Pavok and Mus'ad will be able to act this rounds. You are all separated by the attackers and each of you has a certain number attacking you. Remember. Those of you who cannot act in the surprise round are flat-footed. All damage you take from the attackers in non-lethal damage.

Pavok:

Pavok you have one attacker on you. You are able to act before your attacker.

Jen:
You have two attackers. Both get to attack before you in the surprise round. Once the surprise round is done you go before them
Attacker One Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Attacker Two Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
If you are still standing after their attacks you will go before them.

Mhykir:

You are attacked by three monsters. They will each attack you once during the surprise round and then again before your turn in the following round. If you survive you can act. There attacks are as follows.
Attacker One first attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Second attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Attacker Two first attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Second attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Attacker Three first attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Second attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Mus'ad:

You get to act in the surprise round. You have one foe. He goes before you.
Attacker's attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
If you survive the attack you get to act.

Arik:

You have two attackers. The attackers get to act once in the surprise round and before you in the following round.
Attackers ones first attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Second attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Attacker twos first attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Second attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
If you survive then you get to act.

Faznir:

You do not get to act in the surprise round. You have two attackers who will attack you in the surprise round and once more before you in the following round.
Attacker ones first attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Second attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Attacker twos first attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Second attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
If you survive you get to act.

Ok that's all of you. Just a note. You aren't meant to survive this combat. So don't feel bad. Just give them a good fight. If any of you are still standing then we will proceed to the next round. If there are any questions or confusion, please ask.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Al Gasreed snaps his jaws at the foe as Mus'ad brings his blade across in a sweeping motion.

Al Gasreed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Mus'ad: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 for 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Mus'ad wrote:

Al Gasreed snaps his jaws at the foe as Mus'ad brings his blade across in a sweeping motion.

Al Gasreed: 1d20+5 for 1d4+4
Mus'ad: 1d20+5 for 1d10+6

Gasreed grabs the monster by its shoulder and crunches hard. The monster howls as Mus'ad brings his blade across the creatures abdomen. The monster falls to the ground and dies. SWEET! A precise kill! Well done! You can pick your next target for the next round


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Mus'ad quickly scans the battlefield taking in the situation. Seeing Jen go down under the attacks, he kicks Al Gasreed in the flanks to move him across to help.

His blade arcs down onto one of the creatures assaulting Jen as Al Gasreed's mouth seeks flesh.

Al Gasreed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Mus'ad: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 for 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Feel free to slot this in where appropriate in the initiative round Shanosuke - just getting it in before I'll be incommunicado for a while


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Jen grins. The first taste of combat and she was already staggered. However, she had faced tougher challenges before.

Jen casts slumber on Gnoll 1 attacking her (not provoking AoO).

DC 14 Will Save or the Gnoll goes to sleep.

Whiskers takes five-foot step into Gnoll 2's square and full attacks.

Claws: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Claws: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Since they all can't deal above 1 damage anyways, they hit 1 damage each if they hit. (Main purpose is to claw at the gnoll and distract it)

With a bit of luck and hopefully the lack of a Gnoll super-intelligence, we might just be able to win this.


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Jen the Infernal Bastard wrote:

Jen grins. The first taste of combat and she was already staggered. However, she had faced tougher challenges before.

Jen casts slumber on Gnoll 1 attacking her (not provoking AoO).

DC 14 Will Save or the Gnoll goes to sleep.

Whiskers takes five-foot step into Gnoll 2's square and full attacks.

Claws: d20+4
Claws: d20+4
Bite: d20+4

Since they all can't deal above 1 damage anyways, they hit 1 damage each if they hit. (Main purpose is to claw at the gnoll and distract it)

With a bit of luck and hopefully the lack of a Gnoll super-intelligence, we might just be able to win this.

The first monster catches Jen in the back with it's club Causing 5 points of non lethal damage After that Jen casts her spell and the creature that just hit her. The creatures snorts and then falls fast alseep.

Whiskers attacks the second creature, it's claw only scratch the surface of the monster's wood armor but her teeth find flesh. The monster howls and swings its club knocking whiskers unconscious Dealing 5 points of non-lethal damage. The monster then turns to Jen. He moves to make another attackHe attacked whiskers in the surprise round and now it's the first round of combat. You're action was slumber on the first one so the second gets to attack. It brings its club to bear against Jen. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 The monster whiffs and Jen readies her next attack. You can make your next action but after that I need to wait for the others to catch up


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Pavok retrieves his Flail and short sword with lightning speed, and swings each one wildly.

Flail attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Flail Damage:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Shortsword attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
ShortSword Damage:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Wow awesome rolls lol!


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Pavok Kor'tell wrote:

Pavok retrieves his Flail and short sword with lightning speed, and swings each one wildly.

Flail attack:1d20+3
Flail Damage:1d8+4
Shortsword attack:1d20+3
ShortSword Damage:1d6+2
Wow awesome rolls lol!

The incoming monster shrugs off Pavok's wild attacks. Pavok loses his shortsword in the process. The monster goes in for an attack of it's own. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 The attack slides off of Pavoks armor. Go ahead and take your next action


For when second round rolls around:

Jen uses slumber on the second gnoll, then picks up and stores unconscious Whiskers away. (DC 14 Will Save again)

Hexes are so convienient. Nice and reliable.


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Retech wrote:

For when second round rolls around:

Jen uses slumber on the second gnoll, then picks up and stores unconscious Whiskers away. (DC 14 Will Save again)

The second monster drifts into a slumber as well. Good Job. We need to wait for the others to reach round two before we can continue


I just realize that I made a mistake with my hitpoints, so I should actually have 9 hitpoints, not 10. It didn't have an effect on combat so far, so I just went and fixed it.

If combat keeps going when I am not on, I go ahead and coup de grace the slumbering opponents with my ceremonial stone dagger, starting with the one that I cast slumber on first.

Deals:

1st guy: 1d3 ⇒ 2 (Times four)
2nd guy: 1d3 ⇒ 3 (Times four)

If they survive, Fort Save to not die anyways: DC 10 + (Damage Dealt)


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Retech wrote:

I just realize that I made a mistake with my hitpoints, so I should actually have 9 hitpoints, not 10. It didn't have an effect on combat so far, so I just went and fixed it.

If combat keeps going when I am not on, I go ahead and coup de grace the slumbering opponents with my ceremonial stone dagger, starting with the one that I cast slumber on first.

Deals:

1st guy: 1d3 (Times four)
2nd guy: 1d3 (Times four)

If they survive, Fort Save to not die anyways: DC 10 + (Damage Dealt)

They both fail their Fort saves but where is the "Times Four" coming from. Just curious. I can't find it in any of my rulebooks.


Well, I don't survive the suprise first round(9-3-2-5=-1), so I guess I roll to stabilize
DC10: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 1 = 13


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Shanosuke - based on the posts above, looks like Jen has things under control, so Mus'ad would move to assist Mhykir


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Pavok starts to find his footing on the sand and connects with the flail but his off hand is still a little wild.

Flail Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Shortsword:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

A coup de grace automatically crits, and x4 is the crit value of the weapon. Seems intentionally designed for ritual sacrifice.

Jen moves to the side, hoping not to get noticed. If she does, she uses slumber and then coup de grace's them.

Otherwise, she casts mage armor on herself and then cure light wounds on her kitty cat.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Mhykir wrote:

Well, I don't survive the suprise first round(9-3-2-5=-1), so I guess I roll to stabilize

DC10: 1d20+1-1

Mhykir All the damage you took is non lethal so no stabilization is necessary, your just unconscious.

Pavok, You rolled a 1 on you last attack. This fumbled and you dropped your short sword. Your mace will still make contact though and you can count as wielding it with both hands, unless you have another weapon.

Jen I'm going to wait for Arik and Faznir to post before moving on.

Mus'ad, you'd be able to make a charge against one of the monsters attacking Mhykir if you like.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2
Mus'ad wrote:

Al Gasreed: 1d20+5 (17+5=22) for 1d4+4 (4+4=8)

Mus'ad: 1d20+5 (4+5=9) for 1d10+6 (6+6=12)

Ok - will charge one of the ones on Mhykir. Have put my rolls from earlier above - so would just get +2 on each attack roll for the charge.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Arik stands tall (barely, 1 hit point left)) after two devastating attacks. The dwarf sets loose a bone shaking roar and, hefting his gifted hammer in both hands, annihilates his attackers skull!

Arik is raging. STR is now 21 and the +4 CON bump takes him to 3 hp for now.
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Male Ifrit Sorcerer 2

"A-ha, do not worry, my small and brave friend. Here you have it." Faznir hands Arik a piece of linen that can be worn as a scarf or turban. "Protect your mouth and nose, so you don't drown in sand. Your eyes too, if it gets too heavy."

Faznir offers desert survival tips to whoever's around before the sandstorm comes.
If Shanosuke allows it, I'll use Survival to help others cope with the weather and hazards. Survival check (if needed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Faznir Farin wrote:

"A-ha, do not worry, my small and brave friend. Here you have it." Faznir hands Arik a piece of linen that can be worn as a scarf or turban. "Protect your mouth and nose, so you don't drown in sand. Your eyes too, if it gets too heavy."

Faznir offers desert survival tips to whoever's around before the sandstorm comes.
If Shanosuke allows it, I'll use Survival to help others cope with the weather and hazards. Survival check (if needed): 1d20+6

Just before the attack hits Faznir aids his allies against the coming dust storm. The dust storm will hit the party in 6 rounds starting from the surprise round. Thanks to Faznir's help you all get a +2 to your fortitude checks when the storm hits. Now Faznir, You have three foes on you. They have all made their attacks and you have 3hp left. You can attempt to fight back or preform some other action if you wish. All three foes are right in front of you.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

For Mus'ad:

You and your camel charge one of the monsters on Mhykir. You scrape the creatures armour but do no harm. Al Gasreed however, clamps the creature hard on the neck and takes a chunk of flesh and it collides with the foe. The three angry beast turn to attack you. One of them attempts to move past you to attack your rear. You get an attack of opportunity.
Attacker one1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 For1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Attacker two1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 For1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Attacker three from behind1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 For1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
If you survive, go ahead and take your next action

Arik:
The Hammer slams hard in the creatures face. It howls in pain but is still standing. Both creatures attack back.
Attacker one1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 For1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Attacker two1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 For1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
If your still standing, take your next action.

Pavok:
Your foe takes a hit from the fail and the impact hurts the monster but does not drop it. It glares daggers at you and attacks.

Attacker one1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 For1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
If your still standing go ahead and take your next action.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Arik's side is unguarded from putting all he had into that last hit. In the end, the monsters overtake him and Arik collapses, screaming and frothing in rage: unconscious.


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Arik Bryn wrote:
Arik's side is unguarded from putting all he had into that last hit. In the end, the monsters overtake him and Arik collapses, screaming and frothing in rage: unconscious.

Two down, Four to go. lol


Male Ifrit Sorcerer 2

Faznir rolls with the blow, trying to get some distance between he and the monsters.

Acrobatics check to move away without provoking AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Getting up from the roll, Faznir moves through his nearest ally, shouting We won't die in this blasted wasteland, my friends, a much larger destiny awaits us! We'll reach the land of Aridia, and there we'll find everything our hearts ever wanted! Fight for Aridia! Fight for gold! And women!" His words bolstered by his innate magic, Faznir's desperate pleas and humorous battlecry lightens the hearts of his companions.

He uses his inspire courage ability.


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Faznir Farin wrote:

Faznir rolls with the blow, trying to get some distance between he and the monsters.

Acrobatics check to move away without provoking AoO: 1d20+8

Getting up from the roll, Faznir moves through his nearest ally, shouting We won't die in this blasted wasteland, my friends, a much larger destiny awaits us! We'll reach the land of Aridia, and there we'll find everything our hearts ever wanted! Fight for Aridia! Fight for gold! And women!" His words bolstered by his innate magic, Faznir's desperate pleas and humorous battlecry lightens the hearts of his companions.

He uses his inspire courage ability.

I thought you were a sorcerer, guess you changed your mind back huh?ok, I can roll with that.

Though he was nimble, he left himself open to one of the monsters/ The attack came.1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 for1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7.

The monsteron their turnMove to engage Mus'ad. One of the monsters comes charging.Mus'ad you are now surrounded by 5 of the monsters. All of them get flanking.
The two attacks against Mus'ad
Charger Attacks:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 for1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7.
The other attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 for1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2.

Missed your acrobatics by 1 point. That's tough. If you survive the hit, the closet ally to you would be Mus'ad. Wow! You guys have luck on your sides!


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

AoO on Attacker #3:
Al Gasreed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Mus'ad: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 for 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

7 damage to Mus'ad from the first batch of three. 4/11 left
Both of the second two missed. I'm assuming their all attacking Mus'ad, and no-one is trying to hit Al Gasreed?

Mus'ad sees the enemy closing in from all sides and screams a war cry as he lays into them trying to free himself.

Al Gasreed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Mus'ad: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 for 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Target priority is anyone bleeding first - so should be the guy I originally attacked.


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Mus'ad wrote:

AoO on Attacker #3:

Al Gasreed: 1d20+5 for 1d4+4
Mus'ad: 1d20+5 for 1d10+6

7 damage to Mus'ad from the first batch of three. 4/11 left
Both of the second two missed. I'm assuming their all attacking Mus'ad, and no-one is trying to hit Al Gasreed?

Mus'ad sees the enemy closing in from all sides and screams a war cry as he lays into them trying to free himself.

Al Gasreed: 1d20+5 for 1d4+4
Mus'ad: 1d20+5 for 1d10+6

Target priority is anyone bleeding first - so should be the guy I originally attacked.

No one is bleeding and only one is injured. You'd kills that one for sure. The other four will now attack. Three are flanking you.

Attacker one:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Attacker two:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Attacker three:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Attacker four:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Mus'ad, if your still standing after this, I'll be impressed lol.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

That's three down, Three to go. By the way, You guys are suppose to lose. The goal here is to kill as many as you can. You are all simply getting knocked unconscious. Now I need some time. I will post an update tomorrow on what round the current conscious players are on. So far, Pavok has one foe he is still battling with. Jen and Fanzir are both clear for the moment but there are 6 unattended monsters.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Mus'ad slumps in his saddle, but Al Gasreed fights on! Chomping away with reckless abandon.

1d4 ⇒ 2 Stays in saddle, had a one in four to fall out

Al Gasreed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Both Martian Level 20 invader

What a valiant beats. Ok time to put those lights out too
The monster are annoyed that the camel continues to fight even when its master is unconscious. They attack violently with their clubs
Attacker one:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Attacker two:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Attacker three:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Attacker four:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Taking a club to the flank, Al Gasreed attempts to bite back.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

10 hp to go


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Ok here is the current round layout and everyone's condition.

For Mus'ad:
Your camel is currently on round 5, Jen is the only other player currently on this round and she is not in combat. By this point. You, Arik, and Mhykir are unconscious. Camel can hang in there. You can take action once Faznir and Pavok catch up.

For Pavok:
Ok buddy, you're currently on round 3. Still standing and have only one enemy in front of you. You've dropped your short sword but it is within reach. Trying to pick it up will provoke an AoO. You Go ahead and make your next action

For Jen:
Ok your on round 5 with Mus'ad. You have no enemies attacking you at the moment. Mus'ad is overwhelmed and with Arik unconsious, the two monsters there are going after Faznir. You are left alone for the moment. You can take action once Pavok and Faznir have caught up

For Faznir:
Your currently on round 3. The two monsters who beat up Arik are now coming after you. They go before you.
Attacker one:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Attacker two:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
If you are still standing, take your next action.

For Mhykir and Arik:
Valiantly fought, sorry Mhykir, you didn't get to do anything. The others are being quite stubborn and not getting knocked out like they were suppose to. Sorry for making you wait.

Ok, just note for everybody, once round six passes the sand storm will hit.


Male Ifrit Sorcerer 2

I asked if I could make the change but you didn't respond so I just assumed it was a no-no. I still would like to make the change, if you'll allow it.

Faznir, surrounded by these unknown assailants, realizes it's a life or death situation (or so he thinks) and is forced to use extreme measures. He closes his eyes, taking a moment to find that inner wellspring of fire, and simply lets it loose. His eyes burn like twin desert suns as fire courses through his arms and out of his outstretched hand.

So much for a 1d4 burning hands, huh? 1d4 ⇒ 2


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Faznir Farin wrote:

I asked if I could make the change but you didn't respond so I just assumed it was a no-no. I still would like to make the change, if you'll allow it.

Faznir, surrounded by these unknown assailants, realizes it's a life or death situation (or so he thinks) and is forced to use extreme measures. He closes his eyes, taking a moment to find that inner wellspring of fire, and simply lets it loose. His eyes burn like twin desert suns as fire courses through his arms and out of his outstretched hand.

So much for a 1d4 burning hands, huh? 1d4

I apologize, I posted the answer a bit late because I was focused on something else. My answer was on the first page of this campaign right after Faznir's very first post. We aren't quite past the prologue yet so if you still want to change to sorcerer, Go ahead. I will allow it.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Sorry was away from computer all day yesterday hehe, I don't think I did my 2nd round yet, I have only done the surprise round and then the first. I post up a roll and you tell me whats up then hehe.

Pavok girps his flail in two hands and swings it at the creature. Then Pavok yells, "By the anvil, lets repel these beasts!".

Flail Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage:1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male Ifrit Sorcerer 2

I think I'm down, I have 10 HP and took 10 damage. Am I still conscious? One of the first attacks on me were also a critical (natural 20) :(


You are staggered, meaning you can only take one move or one standard (your option) on your turn. Enough to cast spells still. :P


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Pavok Kor'tell wrote:

Sorry was away from computer all day yesterday hehe, I don't think I did my 2nd round yet, I have only done the surprise round and then the first. I post up a roll and you tell me whats up then hehe.

Pavok girps his flail in two hands and swings it at the creature. Then Pavok yells, "By the anvil, lets repel these beasts!".

Flail Attack:1d20+5
Damage:1d8+6

Pavok:
Pavok swings his flail and knocks the head off the gnoll like character. Suddenly two of the attackers that were fighting Mus'ad. They move away from the camel and attack you. You go first. After your attack you will take the following.

Attacker one:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Attacker two:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

For Faznir:

The two Gnoll like creatures attack Faznir.
Attacker one:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Attacker two:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Your likely unconscious. So once Pavok and Jen are unconscious we'll move

Mus'ads Camels:

Attacks against the camel
Attacker one:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Attacker two:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
If the camel is knocked out then those monsters will move to engage Jen.


THE CAMEL LIVES!

Jen uses misfortune on one of the gnoll's attacking the camel (DC 14 Will save, or else has to roll twice on every roll for one round and take worse result).

Then she uses her move action to scurry into a tent or covered wagon, looking for some sort of range weapon like a crossbow, but any works. (Light crossbow would be really convienient right about now. :P)

Whiskers stands between the door of the tent or covered wagon and Jen, preventing anyone from getting to Jen. This also hopefully gives them protection from the sandstorm.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

With the life of Mus'ad depending on his actions, Al Gasreed fights on.

Bite:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

4 hp left


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

After Pavok brings down the creature he sees two more coming to take his place , he quickly draws his light mace in his off hand. And lets out a fury of blunt damage on attacker one.

Attacks on Attacker one
Flail attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
damage:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Light mace Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Mus'ad:
Camel bites hard on the neck of one of the attackers killing. The other swings.
Attacker on Al Gasreed:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 For 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Pavok:
Pavok manages to clobber one of the monster hard in the face with mace. It falls dead. The other attacks
Attacker: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 For 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

For Jen:
Jen just as you get into the wagon it is pushed over onto it's side. One of the gnoll-like creatures pushes into the tent trying to move past whiskers. There is obviously another outside of the wagon. You do get an attack first though and no, you were unable to find a crossbow.
By the way, The gnoll you misfortuned made his save.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

The last strike takes its toll and Al Gasreed slumps to the ground, unconscious like his master.

At least we went down fighting :) - took out three of the blighters as well (though most credit has to go to the camel rather than the rider)


Not sure if the Gnoll is currently on Whisker's square or whether he moved over it already.

If he moved over it already: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 for 1 damage (Attack of oppertunity)

And then five foot step, full attack

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 for 1 damage
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 for 1 damage
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 for 1 damage

If he is just on the same square as Whiskers atm, then Whiskers just does the full attack.

---

Afterwards, Jen uses slumber on the Gnoll closest to her, which is the one that Whiskers just attacked. DC 14 Will save. If it fails, then it falls asleep and she gets to coup de grace


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Pavoks assualt goes wide as he misses his intended target.

Flail Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Light mace attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Mus'ad that is a talented camel you got there. You guys are doing great. To the other whom are unconscious, I appreciate you patience. Your fellows are being quite stubborn lol.

for pavok:
Once Mus'ad's camel is down, The gnoll monster turns its attention to the paladin. He charges whaling and swinging his club.
Charger:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 For 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Base attacker:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 For 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
hopefully that finishes it :-)

For Jen:
yes, the monster would have ignored whiskers and moved past to attack you.
The monster moves in to attack Jen and the other rips off the top of the wagon and attacks as well. Jen attempted a slumber but the monster shook its head and then attacked
attacker one:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 For 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
attacker two:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 For 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

So far you guys did much better than was expected. you managed to kill seven of your attackers. That's really good. Most usually only get four at best.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

by my calculations.......you are both still standing. Wow. Ok one more round and then I'm going to end prologue combat. Jen one of the gnolls attacking you is hurt. If you want to simply attack him, you could possibly kill him. Pavok. One of the gnolls on you is also hurt.Best of luck


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Well, it is nice to see that we have the capacity to be consumate bad a$$e$$. Next time the barabrian try not to pass out like a sissy girl. 8)


[ooc]Yar, and the Oracle didn't have a snowballs chance in hell :P Maybe I should aim for the Diehard feat :D Anyway, I don't mind, you guys did awesome.

51 to 100 of 1,595 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shanosuke's Souls of Lost Aridia All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.