Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shanosuke's Souls of Lost Aridia (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke


1 to 50 of 1,595 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Both Martian Level 20 invader

Yalandere turned from the podium and began to make his way to his tent. The caravan master rushed up to him. "Seven! Are you nuts!? The master gestured angrily to one of the wagons. We won't have enough resources for that many. We were pushing it when you asked for six more!"

Yalandere raised a hand for silence. "You worry about resources but I say we have no need to worry. There are plenty."

The Caravan master looked unconvinced."Look I did the counts, unless we plan on eating our men, we don't have enough food for more than three months. Even less if we include them!"

Yalandere glared at the man again. "Once we find Aridia, We can resupply. I guarantee there will be provisions. Yalandere made his way to his tent. "Prepare the wagons. We leave at dusk. I am not to be disturbed until then. Without another word, Yalandere returned to his tent.

Hearing that the caravan had accepted his proposal, Mus'ad came racing back. He got there just in time to see Yalandere disappear into his tent. The caravan master approached the new recruits. He glared at Mus'ad "Glad to see you could make it." he states sarcastically. He turns to address the rest of the group. OK, you heard the boss, he wants to leave by nightfall. My names Jaharik and I'm in charge when the elf kid is not around." He walks up to each of you and hands you each a pouch of gold."This is your payment in advance. Thankfully it's the bosses money not mine so if you want to take it and run, go ahead. Just don't take any food. If you're intent on staying, then get what you need and get back here as soon as possible. If you plan on staying I want you working. Dismissed."

When Pavak tries to turn down the gold Jaharik just shoves it into Pavak's hand. "Take it goody two-shoes. The boss says you get it and I wont take no for an answer" Jaharik storms away Angrily. "Hurry back you lot!" He shouts.

You all quickly head into town to buy some extra supplies for the journy. You each get back to the caravan when you finish your shopping. The Jaharik puts you all straight to work. You spend the rest of the day breaking down tents and loading cargo onto the wagons. None of you are sure when it happened but Yalandere's tent was taken down and loaded up and apparently Yalandere had already locked himself away in one of the nicer wagons.

Once the packing was complete the caravan was ready to set out. It started immediately leaving little time for small talk. Once it was finally underway, you had a moment to sit and talk with one another.

This is a role play point. Have your characters get to know one another a bit. Once I am satisfied, I will post the next leg of the journey. I would like to post the next leg by tomorrow evening if I can.If you need to, you can talk to the NPC members of the caravan as well, including Jaharik and Yalandere. Have at it and have fun.


During the hard afternoons work Mhykir had exchanged nods with his fellow travelers, but had little time for much else. Now as the day draws to a close he finds himself with idle time.

Bowing to the group, he says in a deep voice, 'Greetings, my name is Mhykir, a humble servant of the gods. It has been good working alongside of you, though I know not your names.'


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Arik looks to each of his companions in turn, silently willing someone else to respond first to Mhykir's introduction. When none responds, Arik clears his throat and begins to speak.

"I am Arik Bryn. My presence here is not earned. I remain by the good grace of the lord Yalandere. I honestly do not what use I will be aside from a strong pair of hands. I am here in search of my brother Drugan. He is the heir to my father's house and though I am his humble servant, it falls to me, his little brother, to chasten him and remind him of his duty."

Arik's brow furrows into a scowl and his skin begins to glow a fiery red as he completes that final sentence. He stops his mouth by grinding his teeth. His eyes close as he inhales sharply. Arik releases his breath very slowly, at which time his eyes open and he continues.

I apologize. I do not mean to burden you with my shame. For now, you have my name and you have my friendship."


Mhykir's eyes grow distant for a second at the mention of family, but he nods at Arik as he finishes speaking, 'Have patience friend, if the gods will it you will find your brother. I have learned the hard way to trust in destiny.' As he says this he motions to his leg, then falls silent.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Mus'ad wordlessly accepted the gold from the caravan master, his tagelmust hiding the scornful expression on his face.

The afternoon work passes quickly, Mus'ad remaining silent and his steed never too far from his side.

__________________________________________

Once the caravan is underway, Mus'ad does not keep to any single position in the train. He ranges forwards and back on Al Gasreed, his eyes scanning the horizon. Left hand on the reins, his two handed blade is cradled across his legs in his right.

If you look his way you occasionally catch his eyes studying you, as though trying to figure out if you are to be a burden upon the sands.


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Jen had not spoken up to this point to anyone except the caravan master for the interview, but she was compelled to interject.

The gods...my gods have not helped me before. In my times of need, I cannot garner their attention. When they are looking, I do not want them to see, because I have broken some of their commandments only to survive. Friend, sometimes guidance can be found from more...homegrown sources. I am Jen, a companion on your quest.

A white cat scampers out from her billowing brown robes and perches itself on her head.

And this is my friend, Whiskers.

The cat purrs at the mention of its name.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Arik nods in acceptance at his new comrades' advice and admonitions.

"How shabby I am next to these fine folk and their fine clothing and weapons." He thinks to himself,"Who would believe that, mere months ago, I was a nobleman's son?"

When the caravan at last makes camp, Arik pulls out his shaving kit and scratches his cheeks and chin clean. He then grooms his ragged moustache a bit before trimming his hair.

When finished, Arik sits near the fire on his fraying bedroll and listens to his companions' conversation.

Throughout this little ritual, it's obvious that Arik is feeling conflicted or upset about something. Just to be clear, he's not actively trying to shun conversation, merely putting himself right. Any questions of him will be entertained.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4
Shanosuke wrote:
When Pavak tries to turn down the gold Jaharik just shoves it into Pavak's hand. "Take it goody two-shoes. The boss says you get it and I wont take no for an answer" Jaharik storms away Angrily

Pavok takes the money with a smile and says,"Well if you insist, anything you need from the shop boss?"

____________________________________________________________________
While Pavok is sharping his kukri with a whetstone, he listens to his new companions introduce themselves. Without taking his attention off his kukri Pavok starts responding to Arik, "None of us have truly earned our place here either Arik, at least you have a honorable reason for going on this trip. I can feel the passion in your voice and with that I can tell your friendship will be valued greatly."

He holds his blade out and with a satisfied look Pavok puts the kukri away. Then pulls out his handaxe and begins sharpening it.

As he sharpens the axe, he stiffens for a moment and his face flushes with embarrassment and quickly speaks up, "I apologize, I forgot to introduce myself the names Pavok Kor'tell." He gives a little bow as he says his name.

"Mhykir, do you serve all the gods or do you have a connection with only one?"Pavok says to Mhykir.


Male Ifrit Sorcerer 2

An ample bearded man dressed in colorful silks approaches the group, while smoothening his pants.

Pardon me, good sirs, but when mighty nature calls it would be unwise for a simple man like me not to answer it. He produces out of a backpack somewhere among his silks a bottle of fine wine, one tankard and a couple of simple ceramic cups. "Gods or no gods, I'm happy to have such competent companions on the road." He offers up a cup to Arik, one to Mhykir and the tankard for Jen. "They say in the sands a man makes his own destiny, am I'm entirely sure it also applies to dwarves!" Seemingly to emphasize that, he holds his belly and lets out a loud and cheerful laugh. "Steel yourself, good man, and we'll find our destiny! Let's have a drink to destiny, for no other force nor mad god could have brought us together!" Having said that, Faznir takes a healthy drink from the bottle, expecting the others to follow and nodding with approval if they do so.

"Now, what must be up that elf's bunghole, may we wager?"


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2
Faznir Fanzir wrote:

An ample bearded man dressed in colorful silks approaches the group, while smoothening his pants.

Pardon me, good sirs, but when mighty nature calls it would be unwise for a simple man like me not to answer it. He produces out of a backpack somewhere among his silks a bottle of fine wine, one tankard and a couple of simple ceramic cups. "Gods or no gods, I'm happy to have such competent companions on the road." He offers up a cup to Arik, one to Mhykir and the tankard for Jen. "They say in the sands a man makes his own destiny, am I'm entirely sure it also applies to dwarves!" Seemingly to emphasize that, he holds his belly and lets out a loud and cheerful laugh. "Steel yourself, good man, and we'll find our destiny! Let's have a drink to destiny, for no other force nor mad god could have brought us together!" Having said that, Faznir takes a healthy drink from the bottle, expecting the others to follow and nodding with approval if they do so.

"Now, what must be up that elf's bunghole, may we wager?"

Arik regards Faznir cooly.

"My last wish is to offend you kind sir, but I am entirely sure that Torag, the forge master, does indeed shape my destiny as surely as he shaped dwarves from mountain stones."

His expression softens a bit.

"That said, I do not begrudge you your beliefs and I promise to pray that the Master of Stone and Iron will grant you the desires of your heart. Neither do I begrudge good drink. Your health!

Arik drains his cup then addresses the entire camp.

"Friends, please excuse my melancholy. My shame and sorrow are very near to me in this place. I know Drugan is out here somewhere..."He breaks off for a moment before continuing. "Forgive me, at times my temper is as hot as this desert. It will pass."

The dwarf settles back onto his bedroll, silently observing his fellows.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Glad you could make it Fanzir. I was getting worried you weren't going to join us. And yes you can switch to sorcerer, I don't mind. Ok good roleplay for a start. I'm going to wait and see if Lyric posts. Once he does, I'll will post the next stage of the journey.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Mus'ad isn't one for small talk at the moment, so he continues scouting while the caravan is on the move


Both Martian Level 20 invader

I want to keep things moving so on to the next step. Remember, I'd like each of you to post once a day.

You all mingle for a bit as the caravan is on it's first day of travel. Lyric spends much of his time tending to the food stores and preparing meals so you seldom have a chance to talk to him.

The caravan pushes onward traveling mostly at night and stopping for a few hour midday to rest the animals. The heat is extreme and some of you are struggling with it more than others. After two weeks of travel, you see the spot where the desert is the most dangerous. It is the direction that leads to the infinite walk. A stretch of desert that is said to go on for miles and is fraught with danger. Signs warn travelers to turn back but the caravan pushes on

About a month into the Journey you are all called into Yalandere's wagon for a talk. You all sit down closely huddled on benches on either side of this office on wheels.

"It has been a long journey and there is longer still to go." Yalandere say to you. "It is time I tell you why you have been chosen." Yalandere straightens himself for his talk. "I have already been to Aridia. I am one of two people who has returned with news of it's danger. There is a lot to be had though. I have noticed that powers grow much faster in this land than in the normal world. Where we are heading my look like natural world but it is in fact Extraplanar. There isn't much I can tell you about this land for I my self have only seen shreds of it. I am bringing you specifically because you are needed. I am taking you to see Turval Umadi, a Seer. He will know the next step you are to take.

If you have any questions for Yalandere, feel free to ask them. If not then I will continue tonight or tomorrow morning.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

"This seer you speak of lord Yalandere, could he locate Drugan? I do not ask so that I might desert you. You have my oath of loyalty. Its just...I would rest easier knowing whether we travelled in the same direction as Drugan, or the opposite."


Faznir puts a gentle hand on Arik's shoulder [b]"This good man Arik is troubled, my good lord, it surely would calm his heart if this seer you speak can ascertain the location of... other things."


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Arik Bryn wrote:
"This seer you speak of lord Yalandere, could he locate Drugan? I do not ask so that I might desert you. You have my oath of loyalty. Its just...I would rest easier knowing whether we travelled in the same direction as Drugan, or the opposite."

Yalandere turned to the dwarf. "You needn't keep reminding me of your loyalty. The fact is that you wont make it very far in Aridia without companions so if you leave, you stand to lose more than just my trust. In answer to your question, yes. I believe that Turval would be able to tell you of your brother. I believe you will find your brother."


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Arik actually cracks a wide grin at Yalandere's words.

"You sir, are indeed a generous man! In truth, I have not felt my spirit soar this high in a very long time."


Jen looks rather excited.

My lord, do you know the source of the seer's mystical powers?


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

"Yalandere sir, do you know what the danger of this place is? I would assume the Forge Father Torag guided me here for a purpose."he says then he whispers to himself,"Or at least I hope it is his purpose to come here and not my own selfish one."

Doing a perception on Yalandere to see if you I can see any religious symbols on him.
Perception:1d20 ⇒ 12
Knowledge(Religion):
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Mhykir sits silently, listening to Yalandere, and as his companions ask questions he remains still, content with what he has been told and to observe the responses.

As Jen responds an idle thought crosses his mind, 'power, such an enticing thing for some...'.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

When it would not be rude to do so, Arik ventures another question.

"Pavok, you are a priest of Torag? I confess my suprise to see a human following our Master in Stone, but I am deeply heartend by it. Having you among us is more a boon than merely another swordsman. I am greatly honored to know you."

Arik inclines his head slightly to Pavok.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Pavok smiles as he replies to Arik, "Not as much as I am honored to meet such a loyal brother as yourself. Yes I am a humble soldier of the Forge Father. Glad to see another of his followers here in this very caravan.” As Pavok finishes talking with the Dwarf, he pulls out one of his two light hammers. Pavok hands the hammer to Arik and says, ”A humble gift from a fellow servant of Torag, our master in stone wouldn’t like you roaming around without a true ranged weapon.” Pavok smile grows bigger as he moves back to his seat.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Yalandere turns to Jen and nods "To be honest, it is a mystery to me where his powers come from. Perhaps you can ask him when you meet him. He is renown as the greatest seer in the land"

Yalandere then turns to Pavok. "Follower of Torag. This place is the home of outsiders. It is a realm that exists on our plane but doesn't. Truly it is a site to behold. As for the danger, yes. The land is in peril and though I do not know the depth of this peril myself, I do know that you will play a very important role in this land's turmoil"

For Pavok:
You notice a strange emblem pinned to his shoulder holding Yalandere's cape on. It looks vaguely familiar as a religious symbol but You are not sure as to which faith it belongs.

I will be posting the next stage the morning so make sure you get whatever questions you have remaining out for you wont get another chance for a while.


Mhykir breaks his silence, 'I have gleaned some knowledge of the planes during my travels, would you be able to share anything else of note about this one?'

Knowledge Planes:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Pavok, I was out doing stuff during the end of the introduction conversation, however I would have answered your question about which god I worshiped when you asked it IC. with Shanosukes permission I would like to tack this answer on as it bears relevance to our characters.

Pavok:
'Pavok, I worship the gods which hold to the values I do, those of patience, honour, and planning. Among those I pay respect to are Abadar, Gorum and Torag.'


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Mus'ad is at the fire with his head uncovered, but merely listens intently during the discussions.

Don't have any questions to ask at this point.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

It's ok to back track if there was something you needed to point out in a previous stage. We are still in the intro of the campaign and I just want to keep it moving. Once the campaign officially starts, we will move at the majority of your paces.

Yalandere turns to Mhkyir. "This is an unstable plane that dwells on this world. How this is possible, I am unsure. It is it's own realm. It is difficult to explain how such a plane exists in our own."

For Mhkyir:
You have heard rumors of planes that are connected to this world through natural means. Though you have little knowledge on how this may occur.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

A surprisingly gentle voice given his gruff exterior sounds out "Are the foes we will face from our realm, this plane or both?"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Yalandere seems surprised to hear Mus'ad speak. "Both. There is a race of humans that exists there. Though they bear a greater semblance to Aasimars than to humans. Then there are the Genies who rule the majority of the realm.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Ok we are going to move right along. Pavok, If you want to ask about the eblem, feel free. I'll back track a bit. If he feels the need to keep it to himself, that's fine too. You can attempt another Knowledge religion check later to figure it out.

Faznir and Lyric listen intently as Yalandere explains himself. After a few questions Yalandere stands. "I appreciate you hearing me out. I will be busy navigating to Aridia from here so we wont be able to talk again for some time. I do sense that I may need your assistance sooner than that however." Yalandere bows to the group and you all leave the wagon.

Another two weeks go by and things around the caravan are getting worse. Many of you judge, if not heard, that there are barely two months left worth of food. You've been rationing the supplies but they wont last forever. The caravan master and Yalandere have begun to argue constantly over the shortening food supply. The caravan master constantly worries about the trip back but Yalandere keeps reassuring him that they'll reach their destination long before they run out of food.

Another three weeks had past and there seemed to be no end to the desert. The passage of time is slow and the desert is hot and unforgiving. You have faced many dangers along the way, poisonous creatures, heat stroke, quicksand, dehydration and all sorts of problems. Bandits however, are smart enough not to come this far out into the desert. There has been nothing but sand as far as the eye can see, everyday that is all you see. The anxiety has also been growing. Many of the men have been growing restless, spoiling for a fight.

Many of the men began to harass Jen. Teasing her, making lude jokes and references. Some even try and touch her. I assume the members of the party would step in to protect the lady For Jen's own safety, Yalandere has been allowing her to stay in his wagon most of the trip. (Strictly Professional) Yalandere knew these restless men would at some point try and take advantage of the only female in the whole caravan no matter to what race she belonged.

It had been two months since the caravan had left on it's dangerous journey and things were starting to reach the boiling point.

Everyone, make me Perception checks. Depending on the scores, combat may follow


Male Ifrit Sorcerer 2

Every night, as we gather close and light the fires, Faznir starts conversations, deftly asking about pleople's opinions. If someone is quiet, he politely (though loudly) asks his input or poses a question so they'll join in. When the conversation begins to die, he fiddles a zither and asks for song suggestions. Lately he's been trying to convince the caravan master to allow for sporting fights among the caravaneers, to "blow off some steam and dissipate tensions".

Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Faznir Fanzir wrote:

Every night, as we gather close and light the fires, Faznir starts conversations, deftly asking about pleople's opinions. If someone is quiet, he politely (though loudly) asks his input or poses a question so they'll join in. When the conversation begins to die, he fiddles a zither and asks for song suggestions. Lately he's been trying to convince the caravan master to allow for sporting fights among the caravaneers, to "blow off some steam and dissipate tensions".

Perception check: 1d20 + 6

A diplomacy check would help with that if you want to give it a shot


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2
Pavok Kor'tell wrote:
Pavok smiles as he replies to Arik, "Not as much as I am honored to meet such a loyal brother as yourself. Yes I am a humble soldier of the Forge Father. Glad to see another of his followers here in this very caravan.” As Pavok finishes talking with the Dwarf, he pulls out one of his two light hammers. Pavok hands the hammer to Arik and says, ”A humble gift from a fellow servant of Torag, our master in stone wouldn’t like you roaming around without a true ranged weapon.” Pavok smile grows bigger as he moves back to his seat.

"I think you may be right about that." Arik accepts the hammer with a slight bow. His cheeks blush,"A dwarf would never do for me what you just have. It is our custom that one in shame must find his own way. I give thanks to Torag for sending me such an unexpected friendship."

Arik would be one to defend Jen if he saw any reason to do so. Moreover, if he saw trouble once, he'd keep he's eyes open and never be more than a stone's throw from her.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Female Tiefling (Infernal Bastard) Witch 3

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Jen snuck outside at the darkest hour of night. One of the few people in the group to have darkvision, she enjoyed her limited time outside and alone. Her specialty was the night and she knew that it was completely safe for her. Jen thought about the incidents that had occured; she had felt compelled to blow their heads off.

It was only Whiskers' constant presence kept her head cool. She knew that she was so close to her goal already; all of the experiences of the past that were endured could not go to waste over a single fight.

Somehow, despite the ubiquitous presence of sand, Whiskers kept an immaculately white coat. Jen sat and enjoyed its company, waiting for the sun to rise.


Male Ifrit Sorcerer 2

Here it goes for the Fight Club try: [dice]1d20+9


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Mhykir:
"Interesting, I'm a servant of Torag myself. Was raised with my religion, never thought of opening up to the other gods but I can see where that would be affective. The only thing is how'd you memorize all that holy text."Pavok finishes with a chuckle and gives Mhykir a hardy handshake with a friendly smile.

Arik:
"I thank him as well. You speak of this shame with your people. I wish not to pry but I believe I share something similiar with my own people."Pavok replies and starts to rubs his neck. "Though I believe us kindred spirits that the Forge Father has brought us together and together we will find your brother and my purpose."

I will wait and ponder the answer I want a little more knowledge in the symbol before I start asking him about it. I will as well keep an eye on Jen with Arik since we be buddies now.
Perception:1d20 ⇒ 18
Knowledge(religion):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

After hearing Faznir's idea, Pavok will move from his guard position and into the group and try and sway the crowd to take the idea. "Test our metal, find out who’s the best and still be able to work in the morning haha"Pavok shouts.
Diplomacy:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Quote:

I will wait and ponder the answer I want a little more knowledge in the symbol before I start asking him about it. I will as well keep an eye on Jen with Arik since we be buddies now.

Perception:1d20 ⇒ 18
Knowledge(religion):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Pavok you ponder constantly about the meaning of the emblem. You know it from somewhere but your memory doesn't serve you well. When you ask about it Yalandere brings everything to light.

"My emblem?" Yalandere will glance at it."Yes this thing. The people of Aridia serve the god Daiga. The lord of the four elements though they consider him the lord of the four genies."

You will remember Daiga now. He is a god of heretics. Many native tribes to the Savarie believe in this god. Though he has not made himself present in the eyes of the typical churches. Many faiths, Including Torag, see Daiga as false god for he has never shown himself and his followers tend to be uncultured savages. Many members of the face see them as heretics. Yalandere continues.
"The people of Aridia believe he made the place. They all believe him to be a god but in my opinion, he is a very powerful wizard or sorcerer. I do not believe he is on the same level as the gods. But he has many followers all the same."


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Pavok:

"I hide from no one, especially a warrior-priest of the Great Smith."
"Under the mountain, I was son to Tog Bryn, a wealthy and powerful lord of the commerce caste. My father was responsible to oversee all the exports of our people and ensure only our best work ever saw the lands beyond. Being the eldest, there was no question that Drugan would succeed my father while I was promised to serve Torag through martial combat.

Our family was well-respected and we often mingled with the nobles of my people. That all changed when Drugan disappeared. The watch reported his flight to the council of castes and, the same day, my father and I were arrested."

Arik's eyes well with tears. His throat tightens over his words.

"The tribune stripped us of class and caste, shaved off our beards, and pronounced eternal shame and poverty on my house until such time as Drugan returns to his proper post."

Wiping a single tear from the end of his bulbous nose, Arik stares dangerously from under his furrowed brow.

"This is why Drugan will return with me. Or, The dwarf produces a small jar of casting powder.at least, I will bring his death-mask home to be with the ancestors."

Pavok wrote:
"Test our metal, find out who’s the best and still be able to work in the morning haha"Pavok shouts.

Arik stands, square shouldered, ready to prove his metal should a challenge be issued him.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Noting the unsavory attention paid to Jen, Mus'ad made a note of ensuring that he kept her or the wagon in sight while on the ride in the day. His right hand carressed his blade, ready for action.

Shanosuke - if anything did go down with respect to the oafs and Jen, Musa'd would seek to interfere with great predjudice.


Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Mhykir remains silent and when all questions have been asked rises from his seat, bows and limps slowely out.

Over the weeks, Mhykir makes himself useful where he can, creating water on a daily basis to help stave off dehydration, tending to those unfortunate enough to encounter poisonous creatures etc.
His ancestry helps him deal with the heat of the desert and he trys to help keep the peace amongst his fellow travellers as time drags on, admonishing them to stay calm.

Seeing the mens reaction to Jen, he keeps his eyes open when they are feeling restless, but seeing the elf keep her in his sight he doesn't worry too much.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

It was a tough DC and sadly none of you made it. Mus'ad was close though. Also it seems as though we may have lost Lyric. I have not heard from him in over three days. Sadly we will need to continue without him
:-(

Thanks to your efforts in keeping the peace around camp, you managed to help calm things around the caravan. However, after another three weeks the help is getting restless again.

At one stopping point you all had taken a nap for the day. You awake to find that half of the caravan and it's men are missing. And more than half of the supplies are gone too.

The caravan master is outraged. He believes the deserters have not got far and wishes to pursue but Yalandere orders the caravan to forget about the traitors and move on.

After another two weeks, The caravan master and Yalandere are at each others throats. Before a fight can break out, a sandstorm begins to emerge. Also something else emerges too.

OK I need perception checks out of everyone, followed by reflex save, and then initiatives. Best of luck


Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Arik:
Pavok puts his hand on Arik shoulder and says, "Arik you are as strong as an anvil, you have been through so much yet your Forge still burns brightly. I am honored you shared your story with me, I now know that it wasn't chance that I met you on my march, but it was chosen by our Forge Father." As he speaks to the dwarf, Pavok shows Arik his death mark on his lower neck.

"You have told me your pain and now it is only fair I tell you mine." He pauses a moment, then starts back up, "Back in my home town, I saved a young women from being violated by a man nor a boy in a mans body, I stopped him with the force of Torag. I even took him to the healers after our fight. But I found out he was a noble’s son, and next thing I knew I was being dragged off from my fathers shop. The court was corrupt Torag let me the black in the judges heart, they sentenced me to death. The Forge Father called out for my freedom and my Father helped me escape."Pavok points to his weapons, and continues"When my father helped free me, he only brought the weapons I created with my own two hands. Seeing them I knew what I must do, the Forged Blade March."

As he finishes he lets out a breath, and starts back up again "My new friend, I tell you this story so you know me better. I am not trying to compare our blights, but to show that we are more a like then either of us realize, and I promise we will get your brother and your honor back."


Perception:1d20 ⇒ 8
Reflex:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Initiative:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
And If I can while doing my perception I will be using detect evil to see if I pinpoint anything in the storm. If I'm able if not its cool.


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Pavok Kor'tell wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Perception:1d20
Reflex:1d20+2
Initiative:1d20+2
And If I can while doing my perception I will be using detect evil to see if I pinpoint anything in the storm. If I'm able if not its cool.

For Pavok Only:
You do sense evil but not in the sand storm. It's at your feet. You'll be able to act in the surprise round

You guys are failing at the perception but so far all of you did good on reflex. Still waiting on the others to post.


Male Ifrit Sorcerer 2

Perception roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Reflexes roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Initiative roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Faznir loosens a part of his turban, using it to cover his mouth and nose for the sandstorm before it approaches.

edit: With the upgraded stats, I get a +1 on both Reflexes and Initiative. Reflexes should be +6, Initiative +4.


Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Ranger (Warden / Trapper) 2

Mus'ad Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Mus'ad Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Mus'ad Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Al Gasreed Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

To make it simple I'm happy to only roll once for Perception and Initiative for Mus'ad, with Al Gasreed acting on my initiative.
Is that ok with you Shanosuke?


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Mus'ad wrote:

Mus'ad Perception: 1d20+9

Mus'ad Reflex: 1d20+3
Mus'ad Initiative: 1d20+3

Al Gasreed Reflex: 1d20+6

To make it simple I'm happy to only roll once for Perception and Initiative for Mus'ad, with Al Gasreed acting on my initiative.
Is that ok with you Shanosuke?

It's perfectly fine with me. We're just waiting on Arik


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Sorry, stuck away from home til late last night.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Reflex Save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

I'll post a bit more a little later.


Male Dwarf Barbarian 2 Monk 2

Pavok:

"I am sorry for your troubles friend. I must say, though I am no priest, I see no wrong in what you did. Surely the shame belongs to the corrupt courts, no? All the same, if they try to claim you, I will fight them 'til my death."

Following Faznir's and Mus'ad's example, Arik searches frantically for a towel or strip of cloth to cover his bare head and face.

I don't know if there's an in game consequence for not finding something, but if I need to roll something to find what Arik's looking for, just let me know.


Male Human(Kellid) Paladin(Hospitaler)-4

Arik:
"Thank you my friend, and I will do the same for you if any try and stop you from finding your brother. This I promise."

Shanosuke:
If I am able to before there attack, I will yell out a warning "THE ENEMY IS UNDER US!!". But if I can't I understand.

1 to 50 of 1,595 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shanosuke's Souls of Lost Aridia All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.