Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shadowwalker's Eberron 3.5 Shackled City AP

Game Master Abel JUan Guzman

Looking for heroes in the darkness to bring the world back to the regal light


401 to 450 of 3,367 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Yes the childern did know each other well,they were seen together everywhere. Best of friends you might say. Yes the disappeared on the same night,and no interest was not shown thats one reason they were still in the orphanage.says Jenna


well I have a list of the names in my office in the morning I can show it to you.The only thing that links them is they are born and raised here, in Cauldron. It looks like the missing poeple moved at first until jewerly showed up in one pawn shop.


EVERYONE you see Korihor almost run out the room for some strange reason and with no explanation,during the meeting.


Daxur wrote:
spot 1d20+2

Daxur sense motive check please and add a +2 to the roll


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:36/36 AC:23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

sense motive 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 + (2) = 11
Used action point

DM:

What ever the result of my sense motive, Daxur will start with surprise at Korihor's actions, then excuse himself and race off after her.


Daxur wrote:

sense motive 1d20+2+2+1d6

Used action point

** spoiler omitted **

Daxur:
you have a feeling that her mark is behind this strange action, but your not sure

Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:36/36 AC:23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Seeing Korihor bolt from the room, Daxur looks around in consternation, then leans over to Zevon "Please continue the meeting." Rising from his chair he bow slightly to Jenna "Please excuse me , Jenna" and himself runs from the room in pursuit of Korihor.


Korihor:
the next morning you wake up under the docks by the lake, your pain has eased except for the intense throbing. Once you look at it you see that the first part of the mark(making) has turned gray-black,and tendrils adding to the mark ( the new part of the mark looks like the least mark of the storm) and you see Daxur sitting in front of you


Daxur:
Once you leave the room its hard to keep up with Korihor,once on the street you seem to have lost her. Until you hear a half grunt and half screaming yell, which you follow. a short time later you find her under the dock by the lake.She is unconsious sahking and her mark exposed. It appears to be growing and changing. The main part of the mark is a gray-black instead of purple blue. Tendrils sre spreading out to add more to the mark.Its morning til she wakes up and you sit to watch over her,she sees you once she wakes.


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

At Korihor's abrupt, inexplicable departure; Beauregard cocks an eyebrow. When Daxur hastily follows her with only slightly more effort exerted to maintain decorum, he frowns, perplexedly.

A matter for another time. Definitely a matter for another time...

"You say the kidnapped children were the best of friends with each other. How well did they get along with the other children? You also mentioned that no one took an interest in their disappearance & that was the reason they had remained in the orphanage prior. Do you know the parentage of the children?"


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:36/36 AC:23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

DM and korihor:

As korihor awakens, Daxur hands her his water skin. Ah , lass, these marks of yours may indeed be those of Siberys....great power...great pain. My knowledge on these matters is at your disposal, had you any doubt.


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 48/55 -- action points 7/7)

The sudden departure of Korihor and Daxur takes Zevon by surprise. Instinctively, he almost starts getting up as well, but quickly thinks otherwise and looks at his companions instead.

When Beauregard continues the questioning, he attentively follows the conversation.

A little later, when the discussion dies down, he remarks:

"perhaps we better continue the investigation in the morning with a clear mind? Children disappearing from a locked and barred room seems a mystery that even those marked with the Mark of Finding would have trouble with."


with sudden sadness,Jenna says;the childerns parents died in a fire that started in the apartment building they kived in. They play well with other childern, but remain closer to themselves.Not many want to adopt older childern. Yes i agree you all can rest here within the temple,I can have bedchambers ready for you all.Why did the other two leave in such haste?


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

"I suspect matters may have touched upon...
Uncomfortable reminders,
for the young lady. Our associates, Daxur & miss Korihor, have grown uncommonly close & he doubtless wished to see to it that she was not overly discomfited.
Thank you for your hospitality."


Oh,dear I do hope she's okay. Please let her know that I am here if she needs to confer withj me.Follow my servant and she will take to your chambers. And in the morning we can break the fast be fore you go on this mission. Good night.


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 26/32 Current PP

"Priestess Jenna, I have no need for a bedchamber. Perhaps I could be of use to your forge wrights?."

Engineer follows the others regardless, offering his skills as he best knows how.

"If not, are there records of these children, the orphanage, and it's management staff to hand? I would greatly like to peruse them if possible."


well thank you,I believe one or two could use assistanceJenna summons a squire and he escorts you to the forges as you make sure the rest of your party enter thier chambers. Jenna says:I can have the records in the morning.


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

"Thank you, as Engineer #3 indicated, that will be most helpful."


what is everyone doing once they get to the chamber doors?


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

DM and Daxur:
Korihor wipes her eyes, and grimaces at the pain. Looking down at her naked torso, she locks eyes with Daxur. "I don't know if it's innapropriate to not cover up in front of you. I'm sorry." She pulls her knees up to her chest, and takes a shuddering breath. "I don't know why I have this. Or why it did not manifest normally. Or why -" she turns her head, gesturing at the tree tattoo growing down her neck and spine "this is here. It acts like a dragonmark, but it's obviously not."

She cries quietly for a few minutes, watching the dawn over the caldera shining off the lake. It was a deep, rich red. Like blood on a floor. She doesn't look Daxur in the eyes.

"It's nice here. Brisk. I like that. Reminds me of home."


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:36/36 AC:23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

DM and Korihor:

"Be not so sure, the Dragonmarks are a mystery, your's may be just more mysterious that others, especially if it is Siberys" Daxur stops talking, taking in the beauty of the dawn with his friend. After a while he stands and places a hand awkwardly on Korihor's shoulder, he says "When you're ready we should get back to the Temple, the others must be wondering where we ran off to."


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

DM & Daxur:
"All I know is my family wanted to sell me off to the Cannith's, and when I didn't manifest the Mark of Making, they..." She wipes tears from her cheaks, and then shakes in frustration. "Gah! I haven't seen them in years, why do I still get so damn frustrated?!"


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:36/36 AC:23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

DM & Korihor:

"It stands to reason that you would have intense feelings about being so sorely used by those who should love and protect you." Daxur shuffles his feet, obviously a bit uncomfortable with the subject "My own family, living as we did within cililized envionment, gave me love and support...I would extend that to you Korihor, that is, if you wanted it so...be as a family..brother...sister...support" he trails off,not quite sure how to express himself.


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

DM & Daxur:
She sniffs, wiping her nose on the back of her hand, and leans her head against Daxur's hip as he stands next to her.

After staring out at the lake for a minute, she asks quietly "Where did your family grow up? Are you from Darguun?"


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:36/36 AC:23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

DM & Korihor:

My family, as far as I know, have been slaves in Sharn for generations. It was lucky for me that my family worked for an enlightened man, who taught me all I know...


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 26/32 Current PP

Engineer spends the night repairing chainmail, shield edges, and other small, tedious jobs. All the while, he listens to anyone else working and tries to absorb as much information as possible.


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

DM & Daxur:
"I would have been a slave had I actually gone to House Cannith." She sighs.

Throwing a pebble into the lake, she stands, looking around. "Do you...have a shirt or something I could...borrow?" she asks sheepishly, her arm acrost hear breasts. Looking down she gasps.

"Look at it!" she says, dropping her arm and gesturing for Daxur to look at her Mark.

The Mark of Making has turned gray-black, with tendrils adding to it. "Why does this new part look like the Mark of Storm?" she asks, trepedition and fear thick in her voice. "I have a Mark of Making. Cannith, not Lyrandar. That's impossible...right?"


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

Beauregard occupies himself with writing down notes of the events of the evening & reviewing if he missed anything, either questions that might need to be asked, or observations he neglected to write down. Once he has assured himself of his preparedness for the next day he writes a short letter to be sent back to Vedykar, mentioning acting to aid the City Watch in an unrelated matter & broadly assessing any progress he had already made in House business here in Cauldron. After that, he rests for the night.


Female Duskblade 4

Throughout the entire night, Lumen is unusually quiet. Though far mor intelligent that people first expect, she knew that her talents did not lie in investigation or trickery.

The priestess was suitably impressive and seemed to genuinely seek the well being of others, but by far the most interesting thing was watching the group dynamic unfold.

Daxur and Korihor especially had bonded, and there was definitely something bothering the other woman, for some strange reason Lumen felt an odd kinship with her because she suspected whatever the problem was had to do with magic.

She almost followed when Daxur went after her but the day had been long and shecherished to opportunity to lay in a warm bed. As an adventurer and former soldier, those opportunities were few and far between.


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 48/55 -- action points 7/7)

Following the servant to the quarters prepared for them, Zevon is still worried about Korihor and Daxur. He briefly considers if he should try to find them, but since he has no clue where to begin, he trusts they will find the way back to the temple.

Before going to sleep he visits the temple for a brief prayer & some silent moments. He lights a candle at the shrine of Boldrei that she might keep the missing children from harm.


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:36/36 AC:23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4
Korihor wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

dm & korihor:

Digging in his pack and withdrawing a tunic and blanket, he says "My apologies, I was so preoccupied by the changes in your marks, I did not even notice that you had lost some of your clothing" passing the items to Korihor. As she covered herself, he says "Impossible. That word was not permitted during my mentor's lectures. In this world we live in nothing is impossible, given the proper skill and or magical talent. The marks you have maybe purely natural,a result of your innate magical gifts, or perhaps the influence of some outside agent. More research is needed I'm afraid. "


Engineer #3 wrote:
Engineer spends the night repairing chainmail, shield edges, and other small, tedious jobs. All the while, he listens to anyone else working and tries to absorb as much information as possible.

as you work all you really hear is that someone really finds the childern, close to dawn a squire runs in looking for assistance to help carry a few knight to the temple area for healing. and a female prisoner escaped after a mist formed in the dungeon cells then the knihgt being found injured


everyone in the temple an alarm is heard in the pre-dawn hours,as the high alert is sounded word of a prisoner escaped from the dungeon cells and the escapee was female,and two knights were injured in the process


Daxur and Korihor when you leave docks in the distance the alerts are heard, the closer to the temple more and more watch memebers are seen in the street.Eevn Captain Skellrang and he looks angered.Once he sees you he saysWhat happened to you were you accosted? And the prisoner you brought in, how can i saw this shes gone


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:36/36 AC:23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Seeing the Captain's dismay, Daxur says "Accosted no, we....I... no that is Korihor's tale to tell,if she wishes." looking up into Korihor's eyes with a small smile. Turning back the captain "Lilly, escaped did she ? Very resourceful that Last Laugh, to spring a prisoner out from under the Host's thumb. I dare-say she may be a thorn in our side in the future."


the captain replies[b]well be reports a mist formed in the cell,temple knights went to see what was going on.Now thier injuried,by the what Sir Jaren.


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Korihor scowls. Looking at Daxur and then Skellerang she says "Forget her. We are unlikely to be able to track a guild that took the time to spring her out. If we do, we are unlikely to be able to vanquish her again...she will not be alone, and will not be caught unaware."

She grabs a passing guard. "You there, bring the rest of our troop out, at once." She turns back to the goblin and the Captain. "We need to Investigatge the orphanage. That is our charge. Perhaps this organization left some evidence there that will lead us to where they are. We know they are looking for marks...what we don't know is why. Or...what kind."


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:36/36 AC:23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

"Korihor, wait lass. Let us enter the Temple and at least break our fast, I for one am famished. We can also see what transpired after our precipitous exit.


the guard looks at you in surprise,all of sudden you see fear in his eyes before he nods and runs toward the temple


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

Listen: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14, to hear & awaken to the alarm. Yes, I think that will do it.

As the alarms toll, Beauregard awakes.

That's an unexpected taste of home. Now what?

Immediately flinging himself from the bed-linens, he took hold of his rapier (still sheathed) & opened the door, listening for indications of the reason for the alarm. As it becomes apparent that 'Lillys' escape is the causative agent of the hubbub he turns back to his room.

Decisions, decisions. Little point to it.

With that, he collects his things & prepares himself for a new day.


Beauregard Jorasco wrote:

[dice=Listen]1d20 + 8, to hear & awaken to the alarm. Yes, I think that will do it.

As the alarms fire, Beauregard awakes.

That's an unexpected taste of home. Now what?

Immediately flinging himself from the bed-linens, he took hold of his rapier (still sheathed) & opened the door, listening for indications of the reason for the alarm. As it becomes apparent that 'Lillys' escape is the causative agent of the hubbub he turns back to his room.

Decisions, decisions. Little point to it.

With that, he collects his things & prepares himself for a new day.

yes you did hear the alert


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Korihor scowls. "I'm not hungry." She stares down Daxur for a heartbeat, and then shakes her head. "Bring our comrades to the dining hall." she barks at the guard, standing there on the balls of his feat. "We will have a calm meal of toast and jam, I suppose. And get some tea warmed up for Daxur!" She stomps off, none too far behind the guard, and well ahead of Skellerang and Daxur.


Korihor:
As your temper rises, you feel more alive,your visions highlights your surroundings and a warm itchy feel begins in your gut,the relish of power leaping from your body intoxicates you


as everyone learns about the alert and the escape you all get that summons that the morning meal is ready. Once you arrive Jenna is sitting at the table when a guard enters and saysyour comrades needxs you to follow me


Female Duskblade 4

Lumen leaps awake, sword drawn and above her head, perfectly balance on the balls of her feet, before her mind even registers where she is.

Posed for combat she listens, creeping towards the door, clad only in the intricate mystical tattos that adorned her body, the red and black dragonmark on her lower stomach pulsing slightly, a wan ruby glow as she readied herself to call upon its gift should she need it.

Hearing the shouting in the halls she opens the door, taking in the scene long enough to grasp what is happening, paying no mind to a couple of temple guards whoseemed to completely forget the danger upon seering the sword wielding vision in the doorway.

Realizing the danger is not quite immediate, she returns to her room, hastily donning her clothing and gathering her gear before joining the others in the dining room.


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:36/36 AC:23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Briefly stricken by Korihor's harsh demeanour, Daxur then can't help but smile at the sight of Korihor stomping up the steps of the Temple in nothing more than a goblin size artisan's tunic and a blanket. Sharing a smile with the Captain, he follows Korihor into the Temple, mouth already salivating at the thought of breakfast.


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

Oddly enough, when Beauregard arrives at the meal, he seems already prepared for departure. Consequently, when the guard enters, he merely coils the piece of morning bread which he had just finished covering with preserves into a tight roll, takes a deep sip of water, moistens & wipes his hands and then stands up to present himself (self-made breakfast confection in hand) before the guard.

"Shall we?"


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 26/32 Current PP

Engineer sits at the meal table, waiting patiently for the others to arrive. His hands move constantly, working on a small piece of chainmail weave.

"Greetings. I assume you've heard our former prisoner has escaped. We should begin our investigation before others can prevent our progress."


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 48/55 -- action points 7/7)

Hearing the alarm and learning of the escape of Lilly, Zevon realises there would be no more sleep that night even though the sun has not yet risen above the city. He gathers his stuff & dons his armor and clothes. He then joins his companions in the dining room and prepares a quick breakfast.

Seeing his companions ready to depart:
You're right - time may not be on our side. Let's go


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Korihor strides into the room, and listens to the others. "Honestly," she says, itching the odd-fitting goblin tunic "I don't think we need bother. Our charge was not to deal with this organization, or with Lilly. It was to investigate the disappearences. Tracking down Lilly..." she picks up a glass of water and takes it down in one, sighing. "I just don't care. I want to investigate the orphanage. Find the kids. If Lumen and Zevon get to smack some backsides...so be it." she looks around the room at the others. "I just don't want to get distracted chasing this phantom, and end up not helping the kids."

401 to 450 of 3,367 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadowwalker's Shackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.