Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadowwalker's Eberron 3.5 Shackled City AP

Game Master Abel JUan Guzman

Looking for heroes in the darkness to bring the world back to the regal light


151 to 200 of 3,438 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:30/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

"Now now, my dear, no need for dramatics, you've been bested and that's that. Accept your situation with good grace won't you" Daxur says as he finishes his knot. He then removes all of her weapons, visible that is, and any other equipment she has. "I think its time to turn these 'Last Laughers' over to the Guard. Someone should run and inform the Captain, while we keep an eye on our ruffians, or should we interrogate them ourselves first? They were after all assaulting a member of the temple we were hired to assist. How is the boy?"


the items are that you remove are:

well made whip
well made shortsword
well made shortbow/w arrows
one wand
one scroll
pouch with coins
one potion

Daxur:
spot check


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:30/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

DM:

spot 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Daxur:
you notice that the sheath has a special,component.
A port built into the sheath


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

@Daxur: "Yes, an ectoplasmic form generated around the individual with the intent of slowing travel and destabilizing them with regards to combat. A relatively new skill I have acquired, to be honest."

To all: "Perhaps these 'Last Laugh' members would be more cooperative were they to realize the harsh punishments awaiting them for crimes against the city. It would only behoove them to yield to our questioning, as our resources and license for extrication of that information are rather...limited...in scope compared to the city watch."

Not really the best talker, but I figure the 7' tall killer psionic robot discussing the legalities of torturing these folks in the street should afford Beauregard a better chance when/if he decides to make with the interrogation.


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Korihor quickly inspects the woman's inventory, whispering an arcane syllable before going over each item.

She withdraws a small vial from her pack, and takes a sip away from prying eyes. Approaching the woman she slaps her in the face, and when the woman whips her head back around to look at Korihor, she yells "No!"

A gout of flame bursts from Korihor's mouth, just over the woman's face, drowning the cramped alley in light, as a wave of heat passes over everyone near.

She grabs the woman by the collar, pulling her up to a kneeling position. "The Captain said he suspects some in his own watch. She may have no fear of them." Korihor pets the woman's cheek with the back of her hand, and leans in close, so the woman can smell the fire on Korihor's breath. "But she will have something to fear when I am done with her."

DM:
Korihor Spellcraft check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 to identify the wand with Detect magic. Bluff check to hide use of vial 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16. Intimidate check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22. Uses a Shot of Keros oil (linked in my inventory) to increase intimidation 1d20 ⇒ 3 (to see if she failed in the handling of it).


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 7/7)

Zevon approaches the prisoner.
"Korihor is right. My uncle of the watch speaks of these Last Laugh gang as a pest. They are also responsible for the coins stamped with a jester which occur more and more in the city. My uncle said some of the city watch are even members!


Korihor:
Spellcraft: due to the Intimidate action would you like to use an Action point? ( its a 1d6 roll} its taken a little of your concentration. /Bluff: due to the woman's state she see's not what you hid, /you have msde her friendly and coopertive


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

untrained Heal check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11, to stabilize if he didn't already.

"I'm a bit busy at the moment. Keeping a soul from Dolurrh is noticeably harder than sending one there. I'm sure she is aware of this..."

Shadowwalker, was the victim at negative hp or just severely harmed?

Sighing in frustration, Beauregard grabs his rapier from the alley floor & stands up from the gravely injured man, a decidedly un-amused expression on his face. At Korihor & Zevon's words, the expression becomes one of distaste, "No mere 'Thieves guild' would dare operate with such a flagrant disregard for the law in Karrnath. Ah well, perhaps that may work to our advantage now." With that, Beauregard taps his chin thoughtfully as he saunters over to their captive, his rapier still naked in his left hand. Kneeling beside her, Beauregard simply looks her over appraisingly for a few moments. "So, Jongleur, I'm curious. As a member in 'good' standing of this, Last Laugh, will they kill you when they find out you have betrayed their secrets, or merely beat you severely?"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13, to get her to answer that question. No ranks in Intimidate, which is a bit odd considering he is from Karrnath...


Female Duskblade 4

Lumen watches the beginnings of the iterrogation with a hint of amusement.

Not fierce at all...

As she inspects the other now awakened assailants, checking thier pockets and persons for any hissded items, she whispers.

"After we're done with her, which of you wants to be next? I'm sure we have a little time before the watch shows up."

1d20 ⇒ 9


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 7/7)

"Perhaps it is best if we take this party of the street. In the alley, at this time & with this weather we should have little chance of being interrupted, but you never know"

DM: is there an empty building (or warehouse or so) in the alley (or nearby)

"Beauregard, how is the victim? Is he greatly hurt?"


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 7/7)

Zevon joins Beauregard, Engineer and Korihor and looks down at the captive woman.

"Engineer is not the only one who brought some rope. I'd say we make a pretty necklace for the lady and her servants. I wouldn't worry about the size - we can always make it more 'fitting' later. Besides, it would make the job of a rival thief gang or some militant merchant who doesn't like fake coins or even of the not corrupted part of the watch more easier. What do you think?"


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

"We are once again without witnesses. What are our legal constraints here? It seems prudent to maintain our covert status by leaving no trail of our activities this evening."

Engineer begins to form a noose from the remaining rope.

"Perhaps some more misdirection is in order? A third party who will be reasonably held responsible for such vigilantism?"


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:30/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

"If its true that members of the watch are involved with these Laughers, turning them over to said watch may not be to our advantage. Rather, let their superiors wonder." Daxur says, tapping a finger against his chin as he looks down at the furious woman.


Beauregard Jorasco wrote:

[dice=untrained Heal check]1d20 + 3, to stabilize if he didn't already.

"I'm a bit busy at the moment. Keeping a soul from Dolurrh is noticeably harder than sending one there. I'm sure she is aware of this..."

Shadowwalker, was the victim at negative hp or just severely harmed?

Sighing in frustration, Beauregard grabs his rapier from the alley floor & stands up from the gravely injured man, a decidedly un-amused expression on his face. At Korihor & Zevon's words, the expression becomes one of distaste, "No mere 'Thieves guild' would dare operate with such a flagrant disregard for the law in Karrnath. Ah well, perhaps that may work to our advantage now." With that, Beauregard taps his chin thoughtfully as he saunters over to their captive, his rapier still naked in his left hand. Kneeling beside her, Beauregard simply looks her over appraisingly for a few moments. "So, Jongleur, I'm curious. As a member in 'good' standing of this, Last Laugh, will they kill you when they find out you have betrayed their secrets, or merely beat you severely?"
[dice=Diplomacy]1d20 + 6, to get her to answer that question. No ranks in Intimidate, which is a bit odd considering he is from Karrnath...

the cleric is in shock due to his beating he will have to be healed, but is ok,and she is willing to answer questions


Lumen Nightfall wrote:

Lumen watches the beginnings of the iterrogation with a hint of amusement.

Not fierce at all...

As she inspects the other now awakened assailants, checking thier pockets and persons for any hissded items, she whispers.

"After we're done with her, which of you wants to be next? I'm sure we have a little time before the watch shows up."

1d20

the three thugs have each:

pouch containing 6 sovergeigns
10 crowns
a short sword
padded armor

one of them says:{b] please dont hurt me I know nothing,hird only to rough up thr priest I swear! Help! I have 6 childern and a wife to support! Heeeelp![/b]


Zevon Rembrandt wrote:

"Perhaps it is best if we take this party of the street. In the alley, at this time & with this weather we should have little chance of being interrupted, but you never know"

DM: is there an empty building (or warehouse or so) in the alley (or nearby)

"Beauregard, how is the victim? Is he greatly hurt?"

You know of a ware house by the lake that is empty


As you discuss your next move is you hear moaning from the young man you saved. and the rain slows a bit


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

"These worthy's efforts not withstanding, he will survive." Beauregard replies to Zevon's query, still focusing on the clown-faced woman. "Unless that was your intent all along?" He asks her. "What was your intent?"
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24, preemptively, to determine the truth or falsehood of her answers

"If you are careful, he will be alright as you take him to the Temple. I would recommend you do so now." Beauregard directs Zevon.


the woman says; my intent was to send a message to the Host, I hired those three, just to lighty rough up the priest thaaats ah ah all. As i was hired to dress up this way, my name Lilly as she start to cry,I'm sooo soorry.

Beaurgard:
you sense shes telling the truth ,but the sudden remorse doesnt sit well with you


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

Spoken in Goblin: "My opinion: execute these four assailants in a manner that implicates a rival criminal organization. Alternatively, we secure their intelligence and obtain admission to this Last Laugh in an effort to infiltrate and co-opt their endeavors."

Engineer continues to fashion nooses while speaking calmly and quietly in a language they hopefully don't understand.


Daxur:
give me a check on the binds done on the woman


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:30/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

DM:

Use Rope 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

@ Engineer (in goblin) "Well,judging by the blubbering going on over there." Daxur says pointing at the crying thug "Those three were the useful dupes of our dear Lilly here. Yes, she's the dangerous one. But I'm not one for cold blooded killing, Engineer. "

@ Everyone "Well, I for one don't have the stomach for summarily hanging these ruffians. Let's get the Captain and surrender them to his authority, unless you think you can get some more information out of Miss Lilly here, Beauregard?"


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

In common: "Understood. I find many perspectives on a particular problem often yield more effective solutions than a singular viewpoint."


Daxur:
check your use rope I believe your roll is 22 not 32 just an over sight and give me a spot check


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

"I suspect it will make little difference in the grand scheme if we hasten this lot's entrance into Dolurrh, or leave them be. That said, we have dealt them, like for like, as they have dealt him," indicating the still shocky priest, "let that serve as justice for the moment."
Narrowing his eyes at Daxur's query, "She seems sincere. Upon further reflection, I feel your suggestion has the greatest merit. We should deliver them all to the Captain. The louts will see justice, miss Lilly will be properly attended to, and we will see our part in this concluded so that we may be about our original business."


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:30/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

dm:

The skill description indicates I get a +10 when someone tries to break my bonds, here's a link Use rope

Your call of course :)

spot 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Daxur:
you notice lilly trying to slip from her bindings


Daxur wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

we will use your first roll works out


liily contines to cry says please dont turn me in to the watch my patron will not like that please let me go! If i am not heard of my family gets hurt!PLEASE LET ME GO!


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:30/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Noticing a little too much movement from Lilly, Daxur sidles over and sees that she is actively trying to loosen her bonds. "Enough of that , Lilly, here let me tighten those for you!" he says with a smile, going behind her and ensuring that the rope is still keeping her from causing trouble. As he tightens the rope, he says "She's liable to get out of these ropes eventually. Zevon , why don't you go back to the tavern and fetch the Captain ? "


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

If Engineer is alerted to the escape attempt:

Melee: psionic fist Slam 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Damage 1d4 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (4, 2) = 13

If not aware, ignore above.


you are alerted when Daxur calls out


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

Stand down prisoner!

AC 11? Damage is 13, if successful.

"Desist further attempts to escape."


everyone: after Daxur retightens lillys bindings, lilly screams and exhales and chokes as head snaps back and her feet snap up and and a gout of blood is ejected from her then she lies still


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Blythe clicks her tongue. "She looks pretty intimidated."

She turns to the other captives. "Where were you when she contacted you?"

DM:
What of her inventory was magical? (See previous post).


Female Duskblade 4

Lumen looks at the woman's thrashing, a snow white eyebrow raised as she observes the invisible assault.

"Talking may be your only chance to see them again....if you're lucky." she says quietly, leaning close to the begging man.


Korihor:
magical auras start popping up on: the scroll,whip,wand,potion, and on her


Lumen Nightfall wrote:

Lumen looks at the woman's thrashing, a snow white eyebrow raised as she observes the invisible assault.

"Talking may be your only chance to see them again....if you're lucky." she says quietly, leaning close to the begging man.

the begging man agrees as the smell of urine floats in the air; not here somewheeere prrriivate please as the other two tell him to stop


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

"Let us proceed from the streets, then. I trust there will be no further attempts to escape capture from the prisoners."

Engineer stows the completed nooses in his backpack, picks up the unconscious female prisoner Is she dead, dying, or what? and looks to the rest of the party.

"Shall we proceed?"


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26, to try & identify what just happened.

At the seemingly mystical assault on 'Lilly', Beauregard whirls around, hoping to catch a glimpse of the perpetrator. untrained Spot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
"By the Blood, NO!" He rushes back to her side in a (probably futile) attempt to prevent her death. Action Point: 1d6 ⇒ 6untrained Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23, to stabilize, adding the result of the Action Point to the roll. Unless you will allow the use of the Action Point to stabilize her, DM?


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 7/7)

looking at Lilly:

"what just happen[ed? Is she dead? Engineer, is this your doing?
I thought the hanging part could help getting info from these thugs - I hadn't made up my mind yet if we should really follow up this threat"

Zevon continues

"Anyway, we need to get of the street fast. I know an abandoned place near the lake, or should we go to the temple? Let's first remove the makeup of the prisoners - that will make them less recognisable as Last Laugh members."


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

"Looks like she just 'turned witness'...perhaps this will draw out any more members of this group, or any corrupt watch members in hiding." She watches with a sad expression as Beauregard attempts to save her.

Blythe pulls a sack out of her bag. "Put her body in here, Three. It's not perfect, but it will help to hide her."


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

"Yes, I struck the prisoner when she attempted to flee. That seemed the most prudent course of action to take in this case."

Spoiler:
Psionic Fist is an "add-on" power...it enhances the damage to my normal Warforged slam attack. Visually, Engineer struck the struggling prisoner, just a little "extra hard".

"The death of this prisoner was not desired, but compliance with instructions are anticipated. Direct action was applied in accordance with these principles."

Engineer's voice has not changed in inflection or tone, still with proper Cyran diction. He could be discussing the weather, how to prepare tea, or inviting you over for crumpets for all he seems bothered by the recent violence.


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

Ah, didn't realize that. In that case, completely disregard my last post, it would have been obvious to Beauregard what caused the damage & he wouldn't have attempted to get anywhere near #3 (Why yes, I do have EMT training, why do you ask?)


Everyone give me a spot check

after rolling check:
if your spot beats DC18


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

untrained Spot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Beaurgard:
you notice Lilly smirk as you and the others wonder if she died


Female Duskblade 4

spot1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 spot.

151 to 200 of 3,438 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadowwalker's Shackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.