Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shadowwalker's Eberron 3.5 Shackled City AP

Game Master Abel JUan Guzman

Looking for heroes in the darkness to bring the world back to the regal light


101 to 150 of 3,479 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Engineer #3 wrote:

Assuming they fall down

"Well done Daxur. Immediate results without lethal force necessary. Nearly silent."

Engineer continues his slow pace, covering the thugs with his crossbow.

"You are quite the formidable ally, Daxur the Scholar-Wizard."

Move 20' in, readying to fire if any thugs get up/stay up/become hostile.

1d20+2 attack, if needed. 1d8 damage.

you notice that the three thugs lay still and steady breathing


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

Engineer will approach cautiously with his weapon leveled.

"Injured Citizen. Can you walk on your own?"

Keeping the slow and steady pace, Engineer will progress to where the melee was occurring.

I know others should be going before him, but just picture the T-800 walking deliberately with his lever action shotgun leveled.


aaawwww I think soooo he tries to get to fall in agonizing pain


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:29/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Daxur's chest swells in obvious pride at #3's praise. "Thank you Engineer!" he says , beaming up at the metal man. To the others "Quick, the spell may wear off, let us bind these brigands and present them to the guard... Hopefully, one of you has some rope ?"


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 30/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

Of course, I roll god-initiative & then my day explodes on me. sigh...

"Goodman! For your own well-being, please do not attempt to move until we have assessed your condition."

untrained Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22, to diagnose the victim.


Beauregard Jorasco wrote:

Of course, I roll god-initiative & then my day explodes on me. sigh...

"Goodman! For your own well-being, please do not attempt to move until we have assessed your condition."

[dice=untrained Heal]1d20 + 3, to diagnose the victim.

as you begin to examine the victim, you notice knife slashes on his chest and a few bruises a couple wounds that bleed stopped after applying some light presssure


everyone spot checks


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 30/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

Agh! You've found Beauregard's weakness! Disregarding the whole small-sized weapons & movement bit...
untrained Spot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Female Duskblade 4

Spot 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Lumen smiles as the men fall to the ground giving Daxur a nod of respect. As Beauregard inspects the victim's condition, she keeps herself alert for any hidden attackers.


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

spot 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

"well done, Daxur". Zevon continues towards the victim and looks around to see if other thugs are hidden.

(my first nat 20 in this game!)


Human Sorcerer 1
Stats:
Init + | AC/Tch/FF // | FRW // | Perception | HP/

Crunch:
Spot check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19.


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:29/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Still beaming from the encouraging words of his companions, Daxur also approaches the "crime" scene , keeping lookout for any other thugs to the fore and behind

spot 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

DM remember Daxur has darkvision (60ft)


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Spot


Human Sorcerer 1
Stats:
Init + | AC/Tch/FF // | FRW // | Perception | HP/

"You guys, should we really be getting involved?" Korihor watches from the mouth of the alley nervously.


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

[B]"An eminently successful ambush, with no witnesses or bo dies, leaves us in the clear. I believe these thugs and their victim may provide some valuable insight into the criminal society in Cauldron."[b]


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:29/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Daxur stands over one of the unconsious thugs, nudging him with his boot
"We really should tie up these chaps... does anyone have some rope? Engineer ?"


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

Pulling out several hundred feet of rope, "Yes, I believe this should suffice. I confess, I am not extraordinarily skilled with such materials."


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:29/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Don't worry, Engineer, I'll take care of it. If you wouldn't mind, sit them up and I'll truss them up together. As Engineer hold the thugs upright, Daxur will bind their hands individually, but with the same length of rope they will be attached.

DM:

Checked the Use Rope skill. I don't have to make a check until they try to Escape Artist out of my knots. Then I get +10 on my check.


Everyone except #3, notices a figure hunched down on a warehouse roof across Magma ave. watching the events in the alley your in


Daxur wrote:

Don't worry, Engineer, I'll take care of it. If you wouldn't mind, sit them up and I'll truss them up together. As Engineer hold the thugs upright, Daxur will bind their hands individually, but with the same length of rope they will be attached.

** spoiler omitted **

Daxur:
you see a human female on the roof top

Human Sorcerer 1
Stats:
Init + | AC/Tch/FF // | FRW // | Perception | HP/

"No witnesses?" Korihor points at the figure on the roof.


a woman's voice calls to all of youYou cant send a message to the Temple of the host if you stop it! So keep out of the Last Laughs way and tell the clerics of the Host the orphanage is off limits! And if you are smart keep to your affairs!


Daxur wrote:

Don't worry, Engineer, I'll take care of it. If you wouldn't mind, sit them up and I'll truss them up together. As Engineer hold the thugs upright, Daxur will bind their hands individually, but with the same length of rope they will be attached.

** spoiler omitted **

Daxur:
they start to struggle once they are put together,but stop once they see all of you

Beaurgard:
as you tend the young man's wounds it appears like letters carved on his chest,and a smybol of the host lays by his side


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:29/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

I'm assuming that the woman leaves after her speech?


Daxur wrote:
I'm assuming that the woman leaves after her speech?

Daxur, with your dark vision the woman pulls out a wand, and waves it.

everyone notices the figure on the roof being to move


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 30/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

Kn:l: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12, to recognize relevance of 'Last Laugh'. Is it a holy symbol for the Sovereign Host, such as a cleric or worshiper might carry? Do I recognize the writing? It just occurred to me I haven't picked languages known for Beauregard, he's got to have at least four more known...

At the woman's words Beauregard straightens & his gaze attempts to track their source. "Are street bravos claiming responsibility for the care, upbringing & shelter of children now? It seems to me not a terribly lucrative proposition."


Female Duskblade 4

"Daxur, can you see what she's doing?"

Funny but same with me


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:29/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Frowning into the darkness, Daxur's eyes widen "Caution, friends. She has a wand in-hand!" Daxur says, pulling his crossbow up into a ready position.


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

Zevon was ready to help Daxur and Engineer in case the thugs would cause problems during the tieing-up, when he noticed the figure on the rooftop.
He quickly moves closer to the nearby wall, trying to find some small cover, while he changes his weapon for his bow.

is the figure moving towards us or away from us, or is it an aggressive gesture?


Zevon:
give me a listen check


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

Listen = 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Beaurgard:
you have no knowlegde of the last laugh,but they might be tied to the coins with the jester


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

what about the LAst Laugh reference: kn (local) = 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

hide:
are they related to the jester painted thugs my uncle told me about? Zevon was standing fairly closely to the victim & the thugs - was he able to see if the thugs were painted like jesters?


Zevon Rembrandt wrote:
Listen = 1d20+1

Zevon:
you dont hear no foot falls on the roof from the figure moving about

Female Duskblade 4

How close is the roof she's on?


Lumen Nightfall wrote:
How close is the roof she's on?

its 30ft from the alley opening from magma ave.


Human Sorcerer 1
Stats:
Init + | AC/Tch/FF // | FRW // | Perception | HP/

As soon as the woman starts talking, Korihor whispers loud enough for her companions to hear, "Shall I blast her, then?"


Female Duskblade 4

As Korihor asks her question, Lumen is already in motion, her hand snapping up as she barks an arcane syllable, a burst of light erupting before the woman's face, illuminating the rooftop for a brief second.

Cast flare DC 14 or Dazzled for 1 minute

"She's all yours!"


1d20+4=(2)+4=6 fort. dazzled for 1 min. [ takes -1 on attack roll,spot ck,and searchjcks]


as a flash of light erupts in the face of the woman on the roof, my eyes damn you people, you will pay for this! you all notice her painted jester face like the three thugs you captured


Zevon Rembrandt wrote:

what about the LAst Laugh reference: kn (local) = 1d20+5

** spoiler omitted **

Zevon:
yes you know these are the last laugh guild members and your uncle speak of them like a disease, and some of the watch are members

Zevon Rembrandt wrote:

Zevon was ready to help Daxur and Engineer in case the thugs would cause problems during the tieing-up, when he noticed the figure on the rooftop.

He quickly moves closer to the nearby wall, trying to find some small cover, while he changes his weapon for his bow.

is the figure moving towards us or away from us, or is it an aggressive gesture?

the woman is trying to leave the area


Human Sorcerer 1
Stats:
Init + | AC/Tch/FF // | FRW // | Perception | HP/

Korihor whispers, and squinting in pain, a bolt of light pulses down her arm, and flashes in her palm. The womans chest flashes on the same instant.

Crunch:
Korihor casts magic missile at the mysterious woman for1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage.


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

At the sight of the jester-face, Zevon softly curses and fires an arrow at the figure on the roof.

attack:
attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24; damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

edit: to confirm critical: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 if hit: dmge x 3

Zevon than hurries to Magma Av to see where the jester-figure runs to and if possible, to try to intercept her. He keeps his bow ready.


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

"Perhaps I spoke too hastily regarding witnesses. This should slow her down, at least."

Manifest Entangling Ectoplasm, DC 15 reflex or be entangled.


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:29/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Seeing the other firing upon the shadowy figure, Daxur shrugs, spares a glance at the captives, then sights along his crossbow at the woman.

light Crossbow 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

Drat! The rain got in my eyes


A blast of engery hits the woman dead in her chest, as an arrow burys it self in her gut causing her to misstep and fall ( 2d6 fall damage= 9 pts dam.) Upon hit barrels in the alley plasmic goo surronds her [ 1d20+6=(8)+6=14] preventing movment. and thung of a crossbow sounds ,its bolt impales the alley. damn you,you will pay for this!


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:29/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

"You're not in the best situation to be making threats, my dear" Daxur calls out the bound woman. Looking up at Engineer "Most impressive, Engineer " squinting at the wriggling woman " is that ectoplasm? facinating...most facinating.. but I digress. May I cut your rope, Engineer? So I can take a length and replace your psi-bonds with those with more material substance?"


Daxur wrote:
"You're not in the best situation to be making threats, my dear" Daxur calls out the bound woman. Looking up at Engineer "Most impressive, Engineer " squinting at the wriggling woman " is that ectoplasm? facinating...most facinating.. but I digress. May I cut your rope, Engineer? So I can take a length and replace your psi-bonds with those with more material substance?"

once you tie up the woman what elseare you going to do? you also see the face paint of the jester begin to run,and she spits blood at you

101 to 150 of 3,479 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadowwalker's Shackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.