Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shadowwalker's Eberron 3.5 Shackled City AP

Game Master Abel JUan Guzman

Looking for heroes in the darkness to bring the world back to the regal light


1,151 to 1,200 of 3,367 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

that name you have never heard of


What are yall doing now?


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

"Jzadirune..."

Shadowwalker:
Knowledge (local) check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11.


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 48/55 -- action points 7/7)

Zevon wants to be sure the rest of the house is secure and first looks into the room on top of the stairs & then he checks the room further in the hallway.

If everything seems ok, then he joins his companions downstairs, who seem to be discussing something called "Jzadirune".

some checks:
spot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Kn. local (Jzadirune] 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Female Duskblade 4

Lumen sheathes her sword dragging the unconscious and one armed skulk over to where #3 is attending to the gnome, before scouting the rest of the building.

Spot1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Korihoryou never heard of this place either


Lumen you see the same door in the wall under the stairs as Caxur


Zevon:
the gnomish enclave rumored to be hidden in Cualdron


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

untrained Spot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4, just in case it wasn't already obvious that between Spot, the ability to quickly process barely glimpsed visual stimuli vs. Search, the training to minutely & carefully asses the present environment; which one is Beauregard's strong point, hmm?

At Ghelve's collapse Beauregard sighs in annoyance & concern. Action die: 1d6 ⇒ 4, added to untrained Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5, for a total of 9. Probably not enough to stabilize him, or tell if he is in need of stabilization. If it weren't for the fact that the Dragonmark Heir PrC. doesn't give you the skill associated with your Mark as a class skill, I would consider aiming for that with Beauregard just so we would have some healing in the party.
Sigh...

"We need to get him in better health before I will be able to ask him anything."
"For that matter, I don't like our odds going down there without a means of emergency aid. No offence but none of us are trained for combat medicine."


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

"Well, can't you just wrap him, to stop the bleeding?" Korihor muses.

Crunch & Beauregard:
Korihor aids in Beauregard's Heal check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19. Should bring Beauregard's Heal check to 11.


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:36/36 AC:23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Daxur walks over to where Beauregard is ministering to the gnome. Seeing the difficulty he's having staunching the bleeding says "No, no, no .....here let me."

Heal 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Korihor looks at the little goblin. "Just like that. Nicely done, Dax."


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 48/55 -- action points 7/7)

"Jzadirune is rumored to be a gnomish enclave below Cauldron - but that is all I know"

looking at the skulk and the attempts to look after his wounds:

"We are not entirely without some healing: I have two potions for emergencies. But we should be prepared as much as possible before going through that door. I hope we can get something useful out of the skulk - is he already in a condition to talk?"

"Mr Ghelve, what do you know about Jzadirune or whatever is behind the door? Did your "skulking friends" bring some children here a few days ago?"


Beaurgard your constant roving eyes noticed the door under the stairs, as you tend to the gnome the bleeding due to a sliced artery,when Korihor assists you the gnomes breathe is low and heavy. As Daxur helps you you noticed that he is used to patching up heavy wounds. The gnome sighs and hie breathing becomes steady.


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

"I would recommend saving the potions for a time of more...
immediate need."
"I would also recommend two of our fastest make way back to the Host temple & see if we might prevail upon Priestess Jenna for a more portable means of healing, a wand perhaps."


Who is going to the tyemple?


Female Duskblade 4

"We need to check out what the deal is with that door over there," Lumen chimes in, indicating the hidded door beneath the stairs.


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

"I have a few poitions as well." Korihor states. "And I doubt that the temple would just hand over a wand. They aren't cheap."


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

"Fine," Beauregard grumbles, pulling out his toolkit as he proceeds to the concealed door, "just bear in mind if we all die down there, I'm never forgiving you!" Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23, to make certain the door isn't trapped. Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10, to take them out if it is, or to unlock it if he doesn't find any. If it is un-trapped & unlocked, well, no harm done.


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 48/55 -- action points 7/7)

"Time is indeed running out & the exploding bolts have possibly alerted whoever is down there, but I don't like going through that door totally unprepared."

Zevon suggests:
"If the gnome is too injured to interrogate him, perhaps we can find something useful in his personal belongings? His bedroom is upstairs.
Also, did anyone check the skulk?

If no one has checked the skulk, Zevon goes to the skulk (he is dead, I presume?) and goes through his pockets.


locksmithshop

so you can see where you are and the secret door


Zevon Rembrandt wrote:

"Time is indeed running out & the exploding bolts have possibly alerted whoever is down there, but I don't like going through that door totally unprepared."

Zevon suggests:
"If the gnome is too injured to interrogate him, perhaps we can find something useful in his personal belongings? His bedroom is upstairs.
Also, did anyone check the skulk?

If no one has checked the skulk, Zevon goes to the skulk (he is dead, I presume?) and goes through his pockets.

[/ooc]

[ooc]yes the skulk is dead


Beauregard Jorasco wrote:
"Fine," Beauregard grumbles, pulling out his toolkit as he proceeds to the concealed door, "just bear in mind if we all die down there, I'm never forgiving you!" [dice=Search]1d20 + 9, to make certain the door isn't trapped. [dice=Disable Device]1d20 + 8, to take them out if it is, or to unlock it if he doesn't find any. If it is un-trapped & unlocked, well, no harm done.

you find no traps on the door


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

"Do we heal him?" Korihor asks, gesturing to Ghelve. "Do we send him to the temple? We can't escort every pisoner and every captive out." she gestures with frustration. "It'll take a year to actually find the kids."

She looks around at the others. "Do we just leave him here, and grab him on the way out?"

Korihor stares out the window a moment, then walks out the front door.

Shadowwalker:
Untrained Sense motive check to find someone trustworthy 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6. She is going to approach someone one the street, a guard of the city, if possible, or a mercenary, and offer them 5 gp for their services for the week. They are to escort Ghelve safely to the temple, then return here for further instructions...be they more escorting, rear-guard, guarding treasure...whatever. She casts Charm person on them, Will DC 16, duration 1 hour. They will be my first minion, mwahaha!


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 48/55 -- action points 7/7)

@ shadowwalker - looking at the map: Bluewater academy #32 & the church of Pelor #33 are near: is the academy some kind of wizard school? What is the Eberron equivalent of Pelor?

[b]"if we just want the gnome healed: there is another temple not far from here.I don't know how suspicious they will be of this situation... - although we have a dead skulk to prove our good intentions."

what are the skulk's possessions?


Zevon church of Pelor is Dol Dorn and The Bluecrater Academy is where the young learn thier trade. a typo on the map name and the church of Dol dorn is your best bet


Korihor:
you find an older gentleman pushing a cart once you charm him he agrees to your bidding


the gear the skulk has Zevon is

light cross-bow
13 bolt of blasting( +1 attack bonus 1d4 sonic damage)
raiper
2 sets of thunder stones
dark cloak


Female Duskblade 4

"Ready to move?"


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 26/32 Current PP

"Yes. I am ready to proceed."


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:36/36 AC:23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

"By my count, 3 of us use crossbows, so lets divide the bolts of blasting accordingly" Daxur says, taking his allotment of 4 bolts. Tucking them into his quiver, he turns to Lumen with a grin and nods.


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 48/55 -- action points 7/7)

Zevon divides the skulk's bolts between Daxur, Beauregard & #3, but keeps the thunderstones & dons the dark cloak.

He takes the lantern out of his backpack and says:
"since the gnome is not able to tell us what is behind the door and it would take us too much time to get him on his feet againd, let's go and find out ourselves. I'm ready.


Everyone when everyone is ready to enter the secert door way under the stairs look under the tag.

Jzadirune

Deatails:
The staircase descends another twenty feet before opening into a room. From the landing, you can hear strange sounds emanating from the chamber below, specifially chirping birds and rustling leaves and cherry giggles. The landing itself is bare save for and empty iron sconce mounted on the south wall.


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 26/32 Current PP

"Very well. Let us proceed."[b]

Engineer re-equips his weapons and gear, loading and preparing his crossbow.

[B]"Shall I take point? Or would someone else prefer to do so?"


It is dark when you open the door and see the first steps


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 26/32 Current PP

Zevon has a lantern, I believe. If necessary, I have power stones of my light.


Engineer #3 wrote:
Zevon has a lantern, I believe. If necessary, I have power stones of my light.

very well


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

"Perhaps it might be well, if someone trained to notice problems in a timely manner took point? Ideally, that would minimize the likely-hood of our needing to use those potions that are our only present safety measure."
Sidling down past Engineer #3, "Whoever is holding the light, please keep it up high. Oh, and please no unnecessary talking."

Listen: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11, to hear if there is anything moving ahead of us. Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13, Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13, Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22, Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29, Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16, Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15, Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25, Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27, assuming a Search check is needed for each 5ft. Square, that should get us to the bottom of the stairs. Otherwise, just use however many you feel appropriate. Here are some Disable Device rolls too if needed. Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13, Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20, Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28, Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15, Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16, Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15, Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12, Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22. First come, first served on those I expect.

At the bottom of the stairs Beauregard pauses, assessing the Chamber before them.
untrained Spot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12, Listen: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


As you cautiously desend the staircase,nothing is found until you reach the landing with the iron sconce.You notice the double motion in the sconce. It turns clock-wise or counterclock-wise. You know its trapped and extremely tricky in design. using your second to last search and disable device rolls Also the the secret door will open if the sconce is turned in the right direction. or are you skipping and going into the chamber at the based of the stairs?


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 48/55 -- action points 7/7)

Zevon first shines with his lantern in the chamber at the base of the stairs.

(spot 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 & listen 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3)

He then remarks:

"Beauregard, do you think we can safely turn the sconce from a safe distance for instance by tying a rope to it & then pulling the rope? Otherwise, perhaps its best if we jam the secret door somehow to avoid being attacked in the back?"


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Shadowwalker:
I bring in the old man, land have him watch the gnome.


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:36/36 AC:23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Hearing Zevon's question , Daxur pipes up "No need, Zevon, I've a cantrip that may be able to turn the sconce from afar."


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

"Yes, Daxur, that would be helpful. Thank you."


Zevon Rembrandt wrote:

Zevon first shines with his lantern in the chamber at the base of the stairs.

(spot 1d20+3 & listen 1d20+1)

He then remarks:

"Beauregard, do you think we can safely turn the sconce from a safe distance for instance by tying a rope to it & then pulling the rope? Otherwise, perhaps its best if we jam the secret door somehow to avoid being attacked in the back?"

you hear the same sounds when you get to the landing/you dont see anything special on or around the iron sconce


Korihor wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

thats fine he obeys


where are you all going to stand and Daxur what spell are you going to use?


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:36/36 AC:23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Daxur stands as far away as possible and will use Mage Hand to try to move the sconce.

"Beauregard, which direction should I try to turn the sconce?"


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Korihor moves behind Daxur


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 48/55 -- action points 7/7)

Zevon moves next to Korihor, on the first part of the stairs (starting from the top).

He whispers:
"my mum always says <right is tight & left is loose> to close/open locks & stuff, but I doubt that is true for a gnomish trapped secret door as well"


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 26/32 Current PP

Engineer will stand behind Korihor.

"If you feel better about it, I could create an ectoplasmic creature to do this, we could be significantly further away."

1,151 to 1,200 of 3,367 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadowwalker's Shackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.