Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shadowwalker's Eberron 3.5 Shackled City AP

Game Master Abel JUan Guzman

Looking for heroes in the darkness to bring the world back to the regal light


51 to 100 of 3,478 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Human Sorcerer 1
Stats:
Init + | AC/Tch/FF // | FRW // | Perception | HP/

"I don't know. But I'm not from here. I'm from up near the Icehorn's, on the Eldeen bay."


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

After joining the toast for success, Zevon adds smilingly:

"we certainly seem to be very eager to get going, like a pack of hunting dogs having caught the scent of the fox! I agree we should first visit the priestess - she might set us on the right trail."


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

@ Engineer #3

"Well, I am from Cauldron and I can't help you with that. There is definately something going on. There have been more disturbing rumors lately. My uncle, who is in the city watch, is also more stressed and nervous lately: he spoke of sightings of strangers running around in the shadows. And now on top of that the news from the Captain...

He continues:
for now, the best lead seems to be the orphanage. If necessary, we can later perhaps try to find more information in the more shady part of Cauldron?


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

"Understood. If it were commonplace for people to go missing, I expect this clandestine meeting would not have occurred. Especially since children are among the missing."

Engineer continues his steady pace towards the Silver Flame Cathedral.

"Perhaps some unsavory characters have recently come into power amongst the criminal society in this city. Did your contact in the city watch offer any clues as to their structure or level of sophistication?"


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

@ DM kn. (local) = 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 to answer engineer #3 last question


Female Duskblade 4

Lumen stands with the others, downing her drink with gusto and folloing the others out of the room.

"In a big city, folks go missing all the time, but usually criminals, drunks or idiots. When kids go missing it's a red flag that something....weird is happening. Something's preying on what's to weak to defend itself and too small scale for most people to notice."

She looks to the massive warforged.

"Good call though #3, there may be a new crime boss in town, if so, he or she's one hell of a monster to go after kids."


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

"on the other hand: missing orphans can also easily be dismissed as the kids running away...
Clearly, priestess Jenna and the Captain do not believe this is the case. I think she and/or Grethen will tell an interesting story."


Lumen Nightfall wrote:
"I have to give it to you, you always knew how to gather a crew." she gave Korihor an appraising glance. "And a fierce bunch at that."

as he smiles at you you know the way this works speical skills require amazing poeple


Zevon Rembrandt wrote:

"Captain, I heard some rumors about strange things going on in Cauldron as well, but I’m quite shocked by what you are implying: you have your doubts about the trustworthiness of the watch - do you think the situation in Cauldron is so serious?

Anyway, Captain, my uncle says that your gut feeling is usually right and that is good enough for me. I gladly accept the mission. I’m honoured to be at your and Cauldron’s service."

your uncle is a good man and a friend


Zevon Rembrandt wrote:

"I follow Korihor's reasoning and I understand the current course of action, Captain".

After refilling his cup, Zevon continues:

"I just have a few more questions about the case, but perhaps some of them we can take up with Grethen or Priestess Jenna.
When did these disappearances take place? I know our focus is on the missing children, but you spoke of citizens disappearing as well: is the watch handling these cases?"

"just to be clear: the watch has not yet been involved in the investigation of the missing orphans? Nothing 'official' has been done yet?"

the watch is not involved with missing childern yet,priestess Jenna's idea not mine. and the missing citizens and the childern is unoffical period. report to Preistess Jenna, If I need you I will call for you.


Female Duskblade 4

"Then what are we waiting for? It looks like the Priestess can anwser any other questions."


Zevon Rembrandt wrote:

@ DM:

Do I know st more about orphanage/Grethen or Priestess Jenna?

(Kn.(local) = 1d20+5, and in case you need a second roll for the priestess Kn.(local) = 1d20+5)

zevon:
you know gretchen is a 72 year old halfling that has been head mistress for the last 10 years. As for preistess jenna all you know about her is she is second to the High preist

Korihor wrote:

Korihor looks at Lumen and scoffs, "There is nothing fierce about us, aside from we're not bakers or farmers. We're expendable." She stands, and toasts her drink with Daxur. "I will, however toast to our success...we may very well need it."

As Engineer stands and gathers his belongings, Zevon addresses the Captain. Blythe responds before Skellerang is able to. "We were specifically asked to assist Priestess Urikas with the orphans. It was implied that any information reguarding the citizens' disappearances, if they are related to the orphans, should be given to the Captain. But we are now working with the church." She smiles at Skellerang. "Unofficially."

Engineer addresses the room at large, posing the question of the orphanage or the Priestess as our next step. "The priestess. She may have additional information. And it would be no good to be investigating for her, and not have her aware of it." She slaps Engineer on the shoulder as he swings his pack over it.

staring at you with compassion yes you all come from differnt points of your nation at least you all have a reason to work together and not waste life with war also your not expendable just useful


Beauregard Jorasco wrote:

[dice=Knowledge: local]1d20 + 6, don't recall the negative modifiers given that Beauregard hasn't gained any ranks in Kn: l since moving to Cauldron.

"Indeed, the militant miss Korihor has the right of it. To the Cathedral of the Sovereign Host then?"

what are you roling knowlegde local?


Engineer #3 wrote:

Engineer follows Korihor from the room.

"Are you aware of any individuals or groups which may be interested in orphaned human children? Has there been any pattern or precedent for such abductions here before?"

The Warforged steps carefully through crowds and across old floorboards, intently scanning his path to avoid crashing into or through things.

you hear the captain yell watch out for the Storm Blades!


Zevon Rembrandt wrote:
@ DM kn. (local) = 1d20+5 to answer engineer #3 last question

Zevon:
youruncle has mentioned that jester painted thugs are seen more and more around the city and jester printed cions also spread across the city at a high rate

Female Duskblade 4
Shadowwalker wrote:


you hear the captain yell watch out for the Storm Blades!

Knowledge Local 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Lumen Nightfall wrote:
Shadowwalker wrote:


you hear the captain yell watch out for the Storm Blades!

Knowledge Local 1d20+4

Lumen:
not sure exactly who or what they are, but you have seen another group out and about town with expensive gear

as you all exit the Tipped Tankard and discuss what you all heard and know; It begins to drizzle from the gray-ash sky.The crowded rain-slicked building seem especially bleak and frightening this evening, hunched together beneath the gloomy skies. A few lights burn in thier windows; but mostly thier shutters have been closed for the night.The scent of chimney smoke fills the air, and the din waters trundles from the rooftops,splashing into the dark alleysand turning street gutters into rivulets. A sudden, plaintive cry for help from a nearby alley splits the evening air

listen check


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

"We will watch for these 'Storm Blades', Captain. Thank you for the warning."

Engineer's voice, despite being loud enough to be heard across the bar and the intervening distance, still carries the same precise diction as before.

"Let us be off to speak with the Priestess."


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Listen


Engineer #3 wrote:
1d20+1 Listen

#3:
you know the cry came the alley up ahead betwwen Lava and Magma aveunes . It appears to be a scuffle and its worse

Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:29/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

@ #3 "I don't have any divinatory spells, though I may acquire them at some point. Such resources are often reserved to the clergy, so our Priestess Jenna may have some answers for us."

Pulling the hood of his cloak up over his head to avoid the rain, Jaxur's motion is interrupted by the cry.

Listen 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

"We should attend to that citizen in danger. It is possibly linked to our current mission."

Engineer will begin moving towards the location of the sound.

Initiative (when necessary) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

As he walks he will ready his crossbow.


Daxur wrote:

@ #3 "I don't have any divinatory spells, though I may acquire them at some point. Such resources are often reserved to the clergy, so our Priestess Jenna may have some answers for us."

Pulling the hood of his cloak up over his head to avoid the rain, Jaxur's motion is interrupted by the cry.

Listen 1d20 +2

Daxur:
your thoughts of the evening event distracts you

Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:29/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Head still racing over the quick developments inside, Daxur blinks at the rain and thinks Quite refreshing that, excellent wine and food and intelligent conversation...and no condescension at at all.... He then notices #3 moving across the street towards an alley, unhooking his crossbow as he does Where is he going? .

Daxur follows, motioning the others to do likewise, calling to this mind the incantations necessary to render an area of people unconscious.


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

"I heard a cry of alarm, and a scuffle from here. We should investigate and intervene if necessary."


be back in a couple of hours so be bear with me also everyone excellent roleplay you all gain 150 xp


Female Duskblade 4

Lumen broaden's her stride not yet drawing her weapon but preparing for the possibility of conflict.


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 30/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

The kn:l check was among other things, what I might know about the priestess we are to talk with.
Listen: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8. Beauregard cocks his ears, seemingly hearing nothing, he shrugs & draws his rapier. "Guide on, #3, guide on."


Beauregard Jorasco wrote:

The kn:l check was among other things, what I might know about the priestess we are to talk with.

[dice=Listen]1d20 + 7. Beauregard cocks his ears, seemingly hearing nothing, he shrugs & draws his rapier. "Guide on, #3, guide on."

beauregard:
you know that the priest is under the high priest and she well liked and honest, also you hear the scuffle in an alley up ahead between Lava and mamg aveunes

everyone read this after the listen check roll:
DC 5 to hear the scuffle in the alley up ahead in between Lava and Magma avenues

Everyone:
as you get to the alley you notice three shadowy figures hovering above a sqirmming figure on the rain drenched alley. An agonizing scream echos in the alley.As wild laughter responds back.

Info:
alley way is 10 ft. wide and 60ft long, the figures in the alley are 45ft away from you // if you meet or beat DC5 on the listen check once you are at the alley opening take either a move or standard action,then roll initaitve


Human Sorcerer 1
Stats:
Init + | AC/Tch/FF // | FRW // | Perception | HP/

"Oh this is ridiculous! I can't see anything. Ilum!" Korihor's hands pulse with white arcane energy, then fade, as her body illuminates itself with a subtle light. She follows the rest to the mouth of the alley.

Crunch:
Listen check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22. Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11. Korihor casts Light on herself.


Female Duskblade 4

Listen 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Female Duskblade 4

As she enters the alley and hears the scream, Lumen reaches over her choulder, drawing her massive greatsword. Once the moon-like glow emanating from Korihor illuminates the scene, a low growl builds in the back of her throat as she shifts into a battle stance.

Had to walk away from last post, updated just as an hour had passed


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

listen: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

"Engineer, I heard it to! Let's see if we can help"

Zevon walks to the entrance of the alley, and readying his heavy flail.

Zevon whispers (mainly to engineer #3 who has his crossbow ready): "be ready to cover me" and then moves cautiously into the alley (close to the wall of the houses in the alley - so as not to block line of sight/line of fire).

initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

@ DM: some questions
- there are no other people in the street (before entering the alley)?
- We are now at the opening of the alley on Lava (or Magma) avenue - do we see anything at the opening of the alley on the other street?
- in the alley: the windows are all shuttered, no light to be seen in any of the houses?

in case it is needed:

roll:
spot = 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:29/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

init : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Stepping between #3 and Zevon, Daxur raises his hands and tosses a bit of fine sand into the air before him, uttering arcane phrases his hands move in a sinous dance the sand suspended in the air coalescing in strange shapes. The shapes suddenly shoot forward to the group of people in the alley.

crunch:

Sleep
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Asn 1, Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S, M
Casting time: 1 round
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Area: One or more living creatures within a 10-ft.-radius burst
Duration: 1 min./level
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

A sleep spell causes a magical slumber to come upon 4 Hit Dice of creatures. Creatures with the fewest HD are affected first.
Among creatures with equal HD, those who are closest to the spell’s point of origin are affected first. Hit Dice that are not sufficient to affect a creature are wasted.
Sleeping creatures are helpless. Slapping or wounding awakens an affected creature, but normal noise does not. Awakening a creature is a standard action (an application of the aid another action).
Sleep does not target unconscious creatures, constructs, or undead creatures.


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

"Attention criminals! Stand down or be fired upon!"

@Zevon: "I have you covered, advance on your order."

Move action: Advance 20', taking cover against the walls of the alley.


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 30/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23, to recognize the spell Daxur just cast.
Another question: Width, length & height of the alley? Some of us have short legs...

Beauregard hustles to be abreast of Zevon as they advance into the alley.


Female Duskblade 4

With your init you'd act way before Daxur


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

Initiative Beauuregard 23, Daxur 11, Korihor 11, Zevon 9, Lumen 5, Engineer 3


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

I don't know if it's needed now but since I'll be offline when the action starts, I thought to give Zevon's intended actions (which probably won't be relevant for long)

WWZD:
Zevon's first concern is the victim and getting him to safety. Since we are within city limits & the watch may perhaps not approve killing people (even if they are muggers), he will not use lethal force at first, but he will of course defend himself (without holding back) when attacked.
thus: One move action should bring Zevon next to the victim. Zevon advances menacingly (slowly swinging his flail) and warns the attackers: "leave or suffer the consequences" (intimidate = 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10)


Zevon Rembrandt wrote:

@ DM: some questions

- there are no other people in the street (before entering the alley)?
- We are now at the opening of the alley on Lava (or Magma) avenue - do we see anything at the opening of the alley on the other street?
- in the alley: the windows are all shuttered, no light to be seen in any of the houses?

in case it is needed: ** spoiler omitted **

- usually yes this night in this area not a soul in sight, and if there were many would help just go looking for the watch

-the alley opening is on Lavs ave.

-no night at all for any home in this alley loooks like the windows are painted black a few paint jugs lay about


Thugs

1d20 + 15 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 + 15 = 47

[ooc]initiative order[/occ]
Beaurgard 23
thugs 15
Daxur 11
Korihor 11
zevon9
Lumen 5
Engine#3 3


Daxur wrote:

init : 1d20+4

Stepping between #3 and Zevon, Daxur raises his hands and tosses a bit of fine sand into the air before him, uttering arcane phrases his hands move in a sinous dance the sand suspended in the air coalescing in strange shapes. The shapes suddenly shoot forward to the group of people in the alley.

** spoiler omitted ** [/QUOTE

Daxur:
whats the dc for the sleep spell?


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:29/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Shadowalker:

DC is 15 ( 10 + level + int bonus : 10 +1 +4)


will: 1d20-1 (10)-1=9
will: 1d20-1 (11)-1=10
will: 1d20-1 (3)-1=2


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

Assuming they fall down

"Well done Daxur. Immediate results without lethal force necessary. Nearly silent."

Engineer continues his slow pace, covering the thugs with his crossbow.

"You are quite the formidable ally, Daxur the Scholar-Wizard."

Move 20' in, readying to fire if any thugs get up/stay up/become hostile.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 attack, if needed. 1d8 ⇒ 6 damage.


as the beating and screaming continue as you stalk them ,as your presence is revealed by your demands and magic usage. As they turn to face you illuminated specks gingerly prance on the thugs. And one by one they fall to the muckky alley floor.

ROUND 1

follow the initiative order and post your actions and i'll respond in the order

51 to 100 of 3,478 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadowwalker's Shackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.