Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shadowwalker's Eberron 3.5 Shackled City AP

Game Master Abel JUan Guzman

Looking for heroes in the darkness to bring the world back to the regal light


651 to 700 of 3,469 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Zevon asks: "what is wrong with her? Will she be alright?" but is somewhat reassured when he sees that Korihor will watch over the mistress of the orphanage.

"let's get to the job at hand. I will make sure the front & back doors are locked & I will gather the staff in the dining room"

He goes first to the front door, looks outside to see if he can spot the elves (or other suspicious looking people) - spot 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 - and then locks the door. He also orders the servant who brought the refreshments to gather the rest of the staf.


Hagor wrote:

Zevon asks: "what is wrong with her? Will she be alright?" but is somewhat reassured when he sees that Korihor will watch over the mistress of the orphanage.

"let's get to the job at hand. I will make sure the front & back doors are locked & I will gather the staff in the dining room"

He goes first to the front door, looks outside to see if he can spot the elves (or other suspicious looking people) - spot 1d20+3 - and then locks the door. He also orders the servant who brought the refreshments to gather the rest of the staf.

You do not see anyone hang around the orphanage,the cook goes to round up the rest of the staff


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

"Thank you, Zevon and Three." Korihor says as they move off.


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

Korihor & Lumen act as if they are still soldiers in the Last War & this is an occupied city, then they wonder why I refer to them as martial, or why I & others continue to feel the need to apologize for their behavior...

Knowledge:local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27, to recall what I know about the Lord Mayor. Particularly why he might feel it necessary to involve his own agents in this matter, rather than entrust it to the Watch.
Also, I'm a bit fuzzy on what caused our Hostess' collapse.

Seeing that Zevon is gathering the staff, Beauregard makes his way to the dinning room & sees to it the room is both as non-threatening as possible while at the same time providing little in the way of unguarded egress or weapons of opportunity. Would that require a Search check or something else Shadowwalker? Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16, Int check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13, Wis Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9; should any of those be applicable.


Beaurgard You search for the basic and improv. weapons in the basic areas most people keep such things that you can think of. Also you think that Grechten does not like confrontation or avoids it,she stresses to much and she faints


Beaurgard:
What you recall about the Lord Mayor, no one knows where he came from. Well versed in Politics, and the Champions of the Drink down the flood,drinking game. the rest of lies in a shroud of mystery. His motives are also like much of his life a mystery. you do recall that the captain and mayor are working together on a low profile.


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Korihor sits and eats a bite of fruit pudding as Lumen, Daxur and Zevon search the building for clues and people.


Female Duskblade 4

As Lumen walks from room to room she muses to herself.

Children are missing and the others want to play polite and mind their manners. If heads need to break to protect them and get them back safe so be it.

Search1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:30/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Daxur picks up a number of pastries and slowly eats them as he ambles through the orphanage, occasionally sharing one with a particularly brave child who doesn't immediately retreat from his presence. He's trying to get a feel for any magical barriers that may be in place in the orphanage or if any residual auras remain from the night of the abduction.

Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Korihor aside:
No one is in the room to hear this, but if you're that interested...here you are. :)

Korihor looks at the little halfling woman thoughtfully, musing to herself. "Hvaðan börnin fara, kona? Hvers vegna voru þeir taka? Af hverju börnin? Hvers vegna munaðarlaus?"

If you speak goblin - "Where did the children go, woman? Why were they taken? Why children? Why orphans?"


Lumen As you search you notice a few young boys { ages range 10-12} watch you walk by the hallway. Sense Motive check please.


Daxuryou dont get that feel magic has or had been used here at all


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

Zevon joins Beauregard in the dining room:

"Beauregard, Daxur & Lumen are doing a first search of the orphanage - I plan to have a look later myself. The staff should be here soon: will you join their interrogation? It is maybe best to talk with them one by one - since the children disappeared from a locked room, the kidnappers may have had inside help"


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

Zevon then goes to the staff:

"you all know how strongly the mistress cares about the children, so strongly in fact that the disappearance of four of them is almost making her sick. We are here to help her find them: anything you might know or remember from the night the kids disappeared can help us! For starters, can you tell me who you are & what your job is?"

a first sense motive to notice if s.o. is more nervous than the others: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

"If & when we interrogate them, we will need to keep them separated, yes. I want the opportunity to witness their responses to each others words first. I doubt very strongly that there is a conspiracy of the entire staff. Try not to give them the opportunity to talk among themselves before we interview them all here however. That said, knowing who makes such an attempt can tell us something as well."


a female 1/2 elf says:my name is Willow Atherfell the school teacher here. and where is the head mistress? Why are you here we have no money? ,oh my the kidnappers! as she begins to run to the door


a male dwarf says:what is going on here! and pulls a dagger out of his beard kidnappers are ye! Return the childern!


Female Duskblade 4

Sense motive 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


the human female in her early 30s saysoh dear! stand back and leave this place as she raises both hands to her head and strokes her hair


and the human male that brought the tea and crumpets draws a thin dagger from his sleeves and says:beware your deaths is upon you


the half orc drops to the ground and says:dont hurt me please!


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Shadowwalker:
Is any of this happening in the room with the elderly halfling woman and myself? I assume no, because the half-elf asked where she is.


Korihor:
yes being shes laying on a couch and the back of the couch hides grechten ,act as you see fit


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

"Everyone shut up and sit down!" Korihor barks. "Your head mistress is lying three feet from you. Open your fool eyes and see. We're here with the blessing of the City watch and the Sovereign Host to help return the children." she lets her words hang in the air. "Anyone who speaks out of turn will be taken by our warforged to be questioned as suspect." she glares around the room at the group of panicky ninnies.


the dwarf says:I may be young but you dont look to be prists or watch.


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

"Old enough to know when I say 'with the blessing of' it might mean we're not the actual watch?" Korihor glares at the dwarf.


Slowly everyone strats to sit down


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

"look, people, think about it: why would kidnappers, who manage to get children out of a locked room, be bursting in a few days later?"

Zevon continues soothingly:
"my friend here is right: we were send by priestess Jenna with full support of the Watch Captain to help her & your mistress find the children. You could say priestess Jenna was tired of waiting until the official investigation gave any results - you can consider us her eyes & ears"


Korihor and Zevon give me a Diplomacy check both of you add a +2 to the check


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Crunch:
Diplomacy check 1d20 + 2 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 7 = 26.


Korihor:
you notice you have made your point and the staff beleives what your saying, but you see they act like deer frozen by the light


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 = 12

When Zevon notices that the staff starts sitting down, he says

"I understand that the last few days were very tiring, but we will not keep you from your duties any longer than absolutely necessary. Now, can you please tell me who you are & what your job is in the orphanage?"


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

Beauregard maintains an unobtrusive stance during the staff's gathering, even angling so that the Jorasco Badge is difficult to see, so long as doing so doesn't draw attention. He does note those members of the staff who were armed, particularly those who kept their weapons concealed otherwise.
untrained Spot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5, Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19, in case there was anything else he might have noticed.


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:30/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Daxur meanders through the building arriving finally at the room the last children were abducted from. He investigates the windows, looks for secret doors and the like.

Search. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


BeaurgardYou keep up from the staff is they are leary of strangers and defensive to protect the childern you do notice the 1/2 orc is nervuos


Daxur nothing out of place or hidden every thing on the windows and doors is well made and in working condtion


Zevon Everyone turns your way and one by ones says:


dwarf : me name is Jaromir Copperhead the gardener


the young human female: Neva Fanister the nurse


older human male: Temar Flagonstern the cook


1/2 elf: Willow Atherfell as i said before


1/2 orc: myyy name iss a aa patch and you see an eye patch over his left eye


Female Duskblade 4

The results of my sense motive check?


sorry Lumen

you sense the staff is defensive of the childern since the four childern went missing


after the staff reveal thier names Grechten sits up and says what what happened?


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 34/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

"You became overwrought Goodwife. In such circumstances as you have recently suffered it is not uncommon." Straightening once more to his full (diminutive) height, Beauregard addresses the staff as a whole, "I understand you have already answered these questions before, but we are attempting to establish with greatest possible certainty what the children's circumstance was, before the events of the kidnappings so that we may have a clearer understanding of how it was accomplished & better still why. With that knowledge we have the best possibility of finding & returning the children. Do any of you recall individuals or events preceding the children's disappearance that was in any way out of the norm?"
Action Die: 1d6 ⇒ 4, to be added to the total Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21, to improve their attitude toward Helpful & talkative. Do I need to make separate checks for each?


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:30/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Daxur wanders downstairs, not quite sure what to do. Passing the greatroom he sees that Beauregard and Devon have things well in hand. Taking out the scrying parchment for inspiration, he sits on a chair in the main hall. "The locks are the key.....the lock are the key... he mutters to himself. Pondering for a moment, he gets up and beginning with the front door, checks each of the locks on the door leading outside.

Spot takes 10 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 = 20


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

I don't know if my former sense motive check is still active (result = 13) to have an idea if s.o. is more nervous or trying to hide some knowledge -- if not: 2nd sense motive 1d20 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 1 + (5) = 16 (action point used - 4 left)

Zevon attentively follows the interrogation of the staff by Beauregard and adds during his examination:
"was anyone on duty the night the children disappeared? Mrs Fanister, you as the nurse perhaps?"

"also since the children were taken from a locked room: where are the keys stored? Who has access to them?"


Beauregard Jorasco wrote:

"You became overwrought Goodwife. In such circumstances as you have recently suffered it is not uncommon." Straightening once more to his full (diminutive) height, Beauregard addresses the staff as a whole, "I understand you have already answered these questions before, but we are attempting to establish with greatest possible certainty what the children's circumstance was, before the events of the kidnappings so that we may have a clearer understanding of how it was accomplished & better still why. With that knowledge we have the best possibility of finding & returning the children. Do any of you recall individuals or events preceding the children's disappearance that was in any way out of the norm?"

[dice=Action Die]1d6, to be added to the total [dice=Diplomacy]1d20 + 7, to improve their attitude toward Helpful & talkative. Do I need to make separate checks for each?

No that one roll will do give me a lil time just got service back up


Beaurgard You get the feeling that Patch is hiding something

651 to 700 of 3,469 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadowwalker's Shackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.