Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shadowwalker's Eberron 3.5 Shackled City AP

Game Master Abel JUan Guzman

Looking for heroes in the darkness to bring the world back to the regal light


1 to 50 of 3,477 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

As soft music drifts around the tavern the dim lighting gives a relaxing atmosphere. Many of the patrons are working class and a few city watch enjoy thier drinks and eat supper. Each one of you draw attention upon your arrvial.A large 6'5"male human with a protruding fore head, and small beady eyes. he says to each of you in a booming voice] this way a private room has been prepared, follow me.

As he leads you toward the back of the Tankard. Past bat wing doors in a plain dining room, a large table containing a prepared meal. Captain Skellrang sits in a corner sifting his goblet of wine.

Welcome sit and thank you for attending my friends.


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:29/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Having ignored the vacuous stares of the patrons in the main room, Daxur strode through to the private room as if he owned the place. Stepping into the private room, his eyes scan - missing no detail - until they rest upon the figure of Captain Skellrang.

"My hostess, Skie , speaks highly of you Captain. I'm quite interested in hearing what you need of me." Daxur says as he clambers up into a chair, picking up a goblet and taking a drink of the wine it contains.


Daxur wrote:

Having ignored the vacuous stares of the patrons in the main room, Daxur strode through to the private room as if he owned the place. Stepping into the private room, his eyes scan - missing no detail - until they rest upon the figure of Captain Skellrang.

"My hostess, Skie , speaks highly of you Captain. I'm quite interested in hearing what you need of me." Daxur says as he clambers up into a chair, picking up a goblet and taking a drink of the wine it contains.

The Aundarian wine is excellent with a sweet and sour smoothness. The room plian white walls four lanterns litthe room and a figurine of Galifar the First

He say, Skie is a very surprising woman give her my best.


Female Duskblade 4

Lumen follows through the doors, taking in the variety of the group that seems to have been called for the same meeting. As she spots the Captain sitting at the table she grins warmly.

"Skellrang you cagey old bastard. Good to see no one's killed you yet." she says laughing as she strides forward to grasp his forearm in a soldier's embrace.


Lumen Nightfall wrote:

Lumen follows through the doors, taking in the variety of the group that seems to have been called for the same meeting. As she spots the Captain sitting at the table she grins warmly.

"Skellrang you cagey old bastard. Good to see no one's killed you yet." she says laughing as she strides forward to grasp his forearm in a soldier's embrace.

I see you havent changed one bit and as lovely as ever as he gives you a sly grin and returns the embrace


Captain says I believe every one here knows everyone and introduces everyone in the room


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:29/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

"Indeed, we became acquainted while waiting in the common room.... excellent wine by the way, Captain" Daxur says, beaming a toothy grin at Lumen.


Daxur wrote:
"Indeed, we became acquainted while waiting in the common room.... excellent wine by the way, Captain" Daxur says, beaming a toothy grin at Lumen.

" Its was my wife's favorite". he says. You know she past three years ago.


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

"My presence was requested, and I comply. 'Good evening' to you, Captain." Engineer, massive, plated in dark metal and festooned with numerous softly glowing crystals, eyes the furniture with a practiced eye. He sits if the chairs seem sturdy enough to support his weight, otherwise he stands quietly nearby.

"How may I be of service, Captain?", Engineer's voice flows smoothly and quietly, with a precise Cyran accent.


Engineer #3 wrote:

"My presence was requested, and I comply. 'Good evening' to you, Captain." Engineer, massive, plated in dark metal and festooned with numerous softly glowing crystals, eyes the furniture with a practiced eye. He sits if the chairs seem sturdy enough to support his weight, otherwise he stands quietly nearby.

[B]"How may I be of service, Captain?", Engineer's voice flows smoothly and quietly, with a precise Cyran accent.

Good evening #3 let me get you a chair so you can sit. The captain rings a bell and the large fellow bring a stout chair and replaces one at the table


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 30/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

"Indeed, how may we all be of service?" Beauregard's voice belies his slender frame, it's depth & tone indicative of his training as a diplomatist.


Well lets cut to the chase. We can eat as we speak.

The reason for this secret meeting is to talk about a job. Theres a problem here in Cauldron, citizens here are disappearing at a high rate. the Lord Mayor and I have kept it quiete not to alarm the city. Now preistess Jenna Urikas is needing a group like yourselves to find missing orphans. She needs to know if you will assist her.


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:29/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

"Missing orphans you say? I like not the sound of that. I for one would be willing to put aside my own researches in order to assist, in honour of your friendship with my mentor... and Skie of course" Daxur says with a smile, studiously ignoring some of the glances he's getting... one doesn't often see a goblin eating a meal using the utensils...correctly.


Captain Skellrang says [b] Thank you Daxur I'm honored and glad you came to Cauldron. Are you enjoying the Aundarian dragon salmon. Your mentor trained you well.[/b/


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

"This situation seems most problematic. I assume you wish to retain our services so as to prevent general panic? This is an acceptable arrangement. Shall we commence negotiation for compensation?"

Engineer pulls out a small notebook and charcoal stick, prepared to tally expenses, travel needs, and the like.

"What exactly will you expect from our engagement?"


Captain Skellrang says wrote:

The preistess and I will split the payment hows 50 dragons each. As he pulls out a heavy pouch and lays it on the table. I expect you to find out and stop the kidnapings and return the citizens to thier homes if you can. You still need to speak with with preistess Jenna about the childern,


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:29/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Dabbing at his mouth with his napkin, then placing it carefully back on his lap, Daxur says "A sizeable sum, Captain, your need must be great to offer so much."


well I believe something more is a foot but I can not prove this as fact. And few of my men on the watch I can not trust nor can I catch them in wrong doing.


Female Duskblade 4

Lumen's grin broadens at Daxur speaks. She'd met him a few times, and could tell that despite his refined expression he got a perverse kick out of watching people's jaws drop when he talked.

And that happend often. As often as people's eyes popped out of their heads when she walked into a room.

When #3 bluntly brought up payment she almost choked on the wine. Never one for unnecessary words that one.

"I'm in!"


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Korihor clears her throat. "How...how many children are missing, Captain?" she says softly.


By what preistess Jenna has told me only four that we know of. the captain grips his goblet hard enough that bends slightly What are your thoughts about what is going onin the city?


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Korihor shakes her head. "Are the children related in any way? They are orphans?"


I told they are all orphans, one is rumored to be the Lord Mayor's bastard son. I asked Lord Mayor and he denies the issue.


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

"His bastards are likely of no consequence. Where were they taken from?


the Latern street orphanage its located on Obsidian street not far for the temple of the Sovergin Host as he sits up in his seat and pours more wine


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

DM:
Would I need Knowledge (geography) or (local) to know the location? Or am I just familiar with it already?


Korihor:
You are Familiar with the orphanange and a few business here


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

"I know the place. Who runs it?" Korihor waves away the proferred glass of wine.


Grethen Tashykk


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

"Alright. We will speak with her." She stabs her fork in the Captain's direction. "What do you mean 'something more is afoot?'"


he stares at with intent Well strange things have been going on at night, poeple staying in the shadows run in and out of dark alleys and streets.

Korihor:
give me a Int. check


Korihor:
DC 15


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

DM:
Intelligence check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12. And you don't need to tell me the DC. Won't matter on my end. :)


Korihor what are your thought about this meeting as the captain rests his elbows on the table still staring at you


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Korihor puts her fork down, looking around the table. "A wizard. A warforged. Men...women...at arms. Goblins, halflings, humans. And by accents I'd place us from all over Galifar." She leans back, and sucks a bit of food out of her teeth. "I think you are afraid, and you want to disassociate from this investigation." She looks Skellerang straight in the eyes. "We can go where your watch can't. Ask questions you would be frowned on for asking. Look in corners you can't get to in your uniform." She smiles at Daxur. "If we succeed, you will be applauded. If we fail, we are not officially in the pay of the city, or the watch."

She lets her statement hang in the air. "I think it's underhanded, and devious. And also quite sensible. There are children missing. I want to find them. The mayor's bastard be damned, politics burn. I will help if I can."

"A child should not be away from her parents." she adds quietly, her voice tight with emotion.


the captain relaxes back into his seat I see we see eye to eye ,and your correct at least on part of it


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Blythe waits quietly, eyeing the Captain.

DM:
Sense motive untrained 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11. DC 20 to get a hunch that something is up. If I get a hunch, I will quietly wait for him, or someone else, to speak. Diplomacy check1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 to get him to share more because of my patient silence. :) Aaand I fumbled it. Awesome.


Korihor:
yes you do get the hint


Im going to call it a night and this gives everyone else a chance to catch up,before the captain leaves. I will resume tomorrow evening and catch the post up

How does evey one else feel about our meeting? as the captain pours another drink


Female Duskblade 4

"I have to give it to you, you always knew how to gather a crew." she gave Korihor an appraising glance. "And a fierce bunch at that."


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

"Captain, I heard some rumors about strange things going on in Cauldron as well, but I’m quite shocked by what you are implying: you have your doubts about the trustworthiness of the watch - do you think the situation in Cauldron is so serious?
Anyway, Captain, my uncle says that your gut feeling is usually right and that is good enough for me. I gladly accept the mission. I’m honoured to be at your and Cauldron’s service."


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

"I follow Korihor's reasoning and I understand the current course of action, Captain".

After refilling his cup, Zevon continues:

"I just have a few more questions about the case, but perhaps some of them we can take up with Grethen or Priestess Jenna.
When did these disappearances take place? I know our focus is on the missing children, but you spoke of citizens disappearing as well: is the watch handling these cases?"

"just to be clear: the watch has not yet been involved in the investigation of the missing orphans? Nothing 'official' has been done yet?"


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

one more thing: some practicalities. Do we report to you or to priestess Jenna? If it is important to keep a low profile, we may draw less attention when going to the temple than trying to contact you?"


male human Fighter 3/Urban Ranger 1 (HP 45/55 -- action points 6/7)

@ DM:

Do I know st more about orphanage/Grethen or Priestess Jenna?

(Kn.(local) = 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16, and in case you need a second roll for the priestess Kn.(local) = 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13)


Male Goblin Wizard 4 HP:29/36 AC:(27 Mage Armor) 23 T:14 FF :18 Wizard 4

Casting an appraising eye around the assembled heroes, Daxur says "A fierce bunch indeed, Lumen, and if first appearances are warranted quite capable indeed. I believe it will be quite a stimulating experience solving this puzzle of the Captain's with you all involved !" Daxur then raises his goblet of wine in the air " A toast!! To our friend the Captain and to the successful completion of our endeavours !!" and with a flourish downs the contents in one very satisfying gulp.


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

"Salud!"

Engineer raises the previously untouched glass of wine at the toast and carefully puts.away his notebook.

"I believe we all find the arrangement acceptable, Captain. We should begin our investigation as soon as possible."

To Daxur: "Do you posess any divination magic capable of assisting this search. My own skills are less suited to investigating and more towards personal defense."

Engineer stands smoothly, placing the undrunk wine glass back on the table and scoops his pack from beside the door.

"To the orphanage or the priestess first?"


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Korihor looks at Lumen and scoffs, "There is nothing fierce about us, aside from we're not bakers or farmers. We're expendable." She stands, and toasts her drink with Daxur. "I will, however toast to our success...we may very well need it."

As Engineer stands and gathers his belongings, Zevon addresses the Captain. Blythe responds before Skellerang is able to. "We were specifically asked to assist Priestess Urikas with the orphans. It was implied that any information reguarding the citizens' disappearances, if they are related to the orphans, should be given to the Captain. But we are now working with the church." She smiles at Skellerang. "Unofficially."

Engineer addresses the room at large, posing the question of the orphanage or the Priestess as our next step. "The priestess. She may have additional information. And it would be no good to be investigating for her, and not have her aware of it." She slaps Engineer on the shoulder as he swings his pack over it.


Halfling Rogue 3/Sorcerer 1 30/39 HP, AC 16/t14/ff14, F 4, R 6, W 6, Init +3, Listen +10, Spot +3

Knowledge: local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21, don't recall the negative modifiers given that Beauregard hasn't gained any ranks in Kn: l since moving to Cauldron.

"Indeed, the militant miss Korihor has the right of it. To the Cathedral of the Sovereign Host then?"


Human Blood of Siberys sorcerer 1/ Summoning conjurer 2
Stats:
Init +2 | AC/Tch/FF 18/14/12 | FRW 4/3/7 | Listen/Spot +3/+3 | HP 28/28

Korihor smiles down at the halfling. "You sound like my uncle Minast." She scoffs, and walks out of the room. "Militant. That's a laugh."


Male Warforged Shaper 3 / AC 19 T11 FF18; DR 2/- HP 40; 32 PP; F+4 R+1 W+5
Spoiler:
33/40 Current HP, 25/32 Current PP

Engineer follows Korihor from the room.

"Are you aware of any individuals or groups which may be interested in orphaned human children? Has there been any pattern or precedent for such abductions here before?"

The Warforged steps carefully through crowds and across old floorboards, intently scanning his path to avoid crashing into or through things.

1 to 50 of 3,477 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadowwalker's Shackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.