Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shadows over Westcrown

Game Master chavamana


4,901 to 4,950 of 9,364 << first < prev | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | next > last >>

Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Delvehaven: Sunlight Corridor

K: religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"Vampire spawn," Gravlax says. "Try not to let them touch you."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

No, the end of OTHER Will-o'-Wisp ~ Gargoyle Hunt

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
As she settles down into the vessel, she asks, "Incidentally, last time you went hunting gargoyles, what was the plan for taking out flying creatures without long-distance ranged weapons? Because whatever it was, we should probably revive it as plan B in case we find our quarry but I fail to grab hold."

Gravlax looks over at Azhar, then back. "Er ... I think our plan was for Azhar to track it through the air. My longest-range weapon is a grappling hook."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Sunlight Corridor: Round One:

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Gravlax is down 1 HP & 1 Str

Gravlax moves toward the vampire spawn, his blade flashing.

Leaping Attack

First: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 1 = 25

First Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13 plus if relevant: 1d6 ⇒ 4 precision

Second: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7

Second Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 plus if relevant: 1d6 ⇒ 2 precision

Fumble Check, Second Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13

Hrrrmf


female half-elf witch 15
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:

Delvehaven: Sunlight Corridor

[dice=K: religion]1d20+5

"Vampire spawn," Gravlax says. "Try not to let them touch you."

"This would appear to be a fairly strong piece of corroborating evidence for the 'vampire' theory," Zsz remarks.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:
The Raven is, atypically, thoughtful.

"She was shaped like a woman. But I'm not sure that she was human."

He reaches into his haversack, and pulls out a small gem. "But she didn't get a shiny from me. For you, I will part with a shiny, Doctor." The emphasis on her name as if to remind her that he is talking to her and her alone.

"In fact," he pulls out another. "Two. The second as apology for your wait."


female half-elf witch 15

Round 1 Addendum:
Oh, yeah, initiative helps: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Also:
1 point of Str damage

Active spells or effects:
Mage Armor
See Invisible
Flight
Message
Greater False Life (19 temp hp remaining)


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Delvehaven:Sunlight Corridor - Surprise Attack
"agreed."

Round 1:

initiative: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 1 + 4 = 26 trait,FT:Urban included

Azhar moves to where he can attack as many of the creatures as possible and lashes out with his ancestral jovar.

to hit: 1d20 + 15 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 15 - 3 = 23 Power attack included
damage: 1d20 + 10 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 9 = 20

Great Cleave or second to hit at -5:
to hit2: 1d20 + 15 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 15 - 3 = 27
damage: 1d20 + 10 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 9 = 33

to hit3: 1d20 + 15 - 3 ⇒ (13) + 15 - 3 = 25
damage: 1d20 + 10 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 9 = 34

to hit4: 1d20 + 15 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 15 - 3 = 21
damage: 1d20 + 10 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 9 = 38

Cleaving Finish (if appropriate):
to hit: 1d20 + 15 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 15 - 3 = 15
damage: 1d20 + 10 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 9 = 20

great cleave: multiple attacks at highest bab until miss at -2 ac
lunge: +5' reach, -2 ac

edit: used wrong die for damage should have been d10's
damage1: 1d10 + 10 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 9 = 21
damage2: 1d10 + 10 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 9 = 20
damage3: 1d10 + 10 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 9 = 23
damage4: 1d10 + 10 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 9 = 27
damage5: 1d10 + 10 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 9 = 20

confirm crit:
to hit2: 1d20 + 15 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 15 - 3 = 31
additional damage: 1d10 + 10 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 9 = 24


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:

No, the end of OTHER Will-o'-Wisp ~ Gargoyle Hunt

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
As she settles down into the vessel, she asks, "Incidentally, last time you went hunting gargoyles, what was the plan for taking out flying creatures without long-distance ranged weapons? Because whatever it was, we should probably revive it as plan B in case we find our quarry but I fail to grab hold."
Gravlax looks over at Azhar, then back. "Er ... I think our plan was for Azhar to track it through the air. My longest-range weapon is a grappling hook."

"Yeah, I have a bow and Amaya has a crossbow, but we were hoping to get really lucky...and didn't."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

Delvehaven: Going Down

"Sunlight," Zsz mutters. "Why'd it have to be sunlight?"

Zsz casts Flight upon herself and floats off the floor, her hair extending out around her like some kind of vast, rippling sea anemone in preparation for probable battle as she descends.

Azhar smiles teasingly, "Afraid of getting sunburned?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"This would appear to be a fairly strong piece of corroborating evidence for the 'vampire' theory," Zsz remarks.

"Don't get superstitious. Let's just drop these things, take their stuff, and go home." He pauses. "Uh... I mean save the world."


female half-elf witch 15

No, the end of OTHER Will-o'-Wisp ~ Gargoyle Hunt

Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Gravlax looks over at Azhar, then back. "Er ... I think our plan was for Azhar to track it through the air. My longest-range weapon is a grappling hook."
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Yeah, I have a bow and Amaya has a crossbow, but we were hoping to get really lucky...and didn't."

Zsz nods. "I also have a spell or two that might be effective, if it comes to that. Nothing really likes it when you vomit bees all over them."


female half-elf witch 15

Delvehaven: Going Down

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar smiles teasingly, "Afraid of getting sunburned?"

"Allergies," Zsz replies solemnly. "To sunlight, fresh air, clean water, and green vegetables. Fortunately, as an adventurer, I seldom have to deal with any of them."


female half-elf witch 15
Cassian Merro wrote:
"Don't get superstitious. Let's just drop these things, take their stuff, and go home." He pauses. "Uh... I mean save the world."

"I always get those mixed up, too."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Gargoyle Hunt

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Nothing really likes it when you vomit bees all over them."

Gravlax slowly nods. "That's an aphorism for the ages."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Lothario
"The night is no place for a lady," Cassian says solemnly.

Before she can ready a response, he's already leading the way on a sweep of the surrounding blocks.

Calseinica
"Anachronistic humor," Cassian explains. He helps straighten up, then moves the head out into the living room in preparation to sleep.

The Head
"Now that is useful information. Can you describe them?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
Zsz nods. "I also have a spell or two that might be effective, if it comes to that. Nothing really likes it when you vomit bees all over them."

Rygel holds up a tiny hand and chirps.

"Honey golems aren't a thing, buddy," Cassian says with the weary air of someone who has had to say that many times.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

Ambush Apartment

"Hi," Gravlax responds. "You didn't answer my question yet," he says. Enjoying the moment, but determined not to let the mood-killing question pass unanswered.

Old Apartment

He makes a noise which might have been an attempt at words if it were more coherent. He tries again. "Move," he says slowly. He shifts his hands down her body, and squirms underneath her for better leverage.

He bites his lower lip, and lifts her enough to slide himself over to the edge of the bed. His hands are warm against her. His grin is wild, but the look in his eyes is focused and intent. "To the desk," he says, leans forward, stands.

Fiosa

"Thanks," Gravlax says quietly. "I will be by at some point after my friend has been. I suspect."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Delvehaven:Sunlight Corridor - Round 1

Azhar moves to where he can attack as many of the creatures as possible and lashes out with his ancestral jovar. His jovar flashes cutting through all of the spawned vampires. A head flys, neatly decapitated, and turns to ash as it lands further east in the hallway and a searing ray of light hits it.

Azhar:
-2 AC from Cleave and -2 AC from lunge

Amaya, well used to this habit you all have of extreme violence, cheers the rapid hit and kill of at least one of the spawn. Then, remembering a small point of lore she moves next to Janiven.

Cassian draws his swords and rushes in, sticking the closest walking corpse. His short sword flashes out, cleaves parts of the undead body from the torso. And the monster falls to the ground.

An arrow from Janiven tags the creature to Azhar's left, the second arrow coming close to hitting the swordsman.

The two remaining vampire step up, flanking Azhar, their claws slamming into him. (Azhar takes 6 hit points of damage and 2 negative levels.)

Tarvi moves down to the base of the stairs, a bolt of pure magic springing from her to slam the vampire that looked as if he might take a bite of her big brother. The magic almost seems to explode as it hits it, adding a flash of light.

Zsz flies around the corner to a spot with a bit of cover, and then her hair lashes out at one of the undead, grabbing and crushing, then immediately releasing the monster and pulling away before the undead has a chance to strike back. The creature's body slumps to the ground as her hair pulls back.

Nervously, as she moves to the front of the steps, "No good vampire like a dusted vampire?"

Gravlax moves toward the vampire spawn, his blade flashing. His way blocked by his allies, he doesn't have the space needed to tumble past the remaining spawn, who takes a slam at him. (1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8) Which Gravlax neatly dodges as his own attack hits home.

The creature is not fast enough to attack Mathalen as she slides past Gravlax into the last remaining place near the spawn.

There is a dry chuckle as a door behind most of you opens slightly revealing a feral man, skin dead white except where intricate black tattoos winds around his body. In his hands is a massive crossbow, armed and loaded. "Love it when prey comes to the bait." He cracks his neck, the sound reverberating up and down the hallway.

Further up the hall, a tall, muscular, blonde elven woman is pushed into the hallway. Dressed in red and black leathers she carries a wooden stake in each hand. As she hisses at the force that moves her, you see long fangs.

Active Buffs: bardic (+2 competence to hit/damage); bless (+1 morale to hit)

You can't take-10 in combat. But if you fail in combat, I will allow you take-10 post combat. You just couldn't remember in the heat of battle.

A) K:local DC 17:
You recognize the as Vashian, the Mazeflesh Man. A Varisian thug in Westcrown who prided himself on his extensive body tattoos.
A)K:local DC 22:
Know for a youth of flaunting the Wiscrani curfew, he was a reliable smuggler. When he disappeared two years ago, it was assumed that something in the Wiscrani night has got him.

B)K:local DC 17:
You recognize he blonde elf as Vahnwynne Malkistra. Although a foreigner, she has been hunting vampires in Cheliax for the past two decades.
B)K:local DC 22:
She is not supposed to be a vampire by the stories you've heard.
B)K:local DC 27:
She has publicly claimed over 14 vampire kills in Cheliax in the past five years alone. The last kill you know about was six months ago.

K:religion DC 17:
Both people would appear to be hale and hearty full vampires.

GM:
s1 -29
S2 -52 (dead)
s3 -49 (dead)
s4 -45 (dead)

Maze INit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Malk Init: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 4 = 29

spawn1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Maze: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 181d10 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 151d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 251d10 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Malki: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 291d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

amaya - versatile weapon (silver) on bows, pulls mathalen's longsword
fiosa - shield of faith (+2 AC)
janiven - move; cast (bow does 2d6)
mathalen - move, attack 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 281d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8
tarvi - magic missile 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 41d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

dice:

A, DC 17/22: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
B, DC 17/22/27: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
C, DC 17: 1d1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

"Sorry, Cassian," Gravlax says. "These are actual vampires."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Delvehaven:Sunlight Corridor - End of Round 1
.
.
.
.
.
█████████
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○W╙?
█████○○○║?
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
???O╜○○○██████████████████
█████○○○○▒SM▒○○▒○○○○○○○○○█████
Y←M←←○○○○CAG▒○○○○○○○○○○○○○→○○█
J←←FT○○○○▒○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○→○○█
█████○○○○▒○○▒○○▒○○○○○○○○○█████
????║○○Z██████████████████
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○║?
█████○○○║?
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████████
▒ = door debris with mirrors attached facing east
S = undead attackers
O = Tattooed Vampire
W = Wooden Stake Woman

A = Azhar
C = Cassian (w/rygel) - hiding from enemies
G = Gravlax
Z = Zsz

Y = Amaya
F = Fiosa
J = Janiven
M = Mathalen
T = Tarvi


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

k.local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
K.Local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
K.Religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Round 2:

Azhar pauses to take out the last vampire spawn next to him.

to hit1: 1d20 + 15 - 3 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 15 - 3 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 30 Power Attack, -2levels, bardic, bless
damage: 1d10 + 10 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 9 - 2 + 2 = 20 Power Attack, -2 levels, bardic

to hit2: 1d20 + 15 - 3 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 15 - 3 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 5 = 13 Power Attack, -2levels, bardic, bless
damage: 1d10 + 10 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 9 - 2 + 2 = 25 Power Attack, -2 levels, bardic

Round 2 addendum:

Critical confirmation:
to hit1: 1d20 + 15 - 3 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 15 - 3 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 29 Power Attack, -2levels, bardic, bless
additional damage: 1d10 + 10 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 9 - 2 + 2 = 29 Power Attack, -2 levels, bardic

"One at a time, fang boys and girls. We'll be with you soon enough."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

"That is the most obvious overcompensating I have ever seen in a crossbow," Gravlax says to no one in particular.

Round Two:

Gravlax is down 1 HP & 1 Str

Gravlax will attack whoever he can reach. Willing to charge if necessary. Not Vahnwynne until the tattooed one is dead. And maybe not even then.

+11 at returning any projectiles that come his way.

He does nod politely at Vahnwynne as he passes through the hallway. "Ma'am. When did they catch you?"

Leaping Attack

First: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 33

First Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 14 plus if relevant: 1d6 ⇒ 1 precision

Second: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 12

Second Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 10 plus if relevant: 1d6 ⇒ 1 precision

Critical Confirm on First Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 16
Extra damage if so: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 13


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
"Sorry, Cassian," Gravlax says. "These are actual vampires."

"Nah, just some zombies with bad teeth."

Knowledge: Local 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23 Rygel assist 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Knowledge: Local 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22 Rygel assist 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"The tattooed guy is Vashian. Third rate smuggler more known for his ink than his skills. The lady is Vahnwynne. Used to be a snipe hunter or something."

Round 2:
Cassian carves up the last spawn.
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


female half-elf witch 15

Delvehaven:Sunlight Corridor

chavamana wrote:
Further up the hall, a tall, muscular, blonde elven woman is pushed into the hallway. Dressed in red and black leathers she carries a wooden stake in each hand. As she hisses at the force that moves her, you see long fangs.

Zsz blinks. "I ... think you may have this backwards."

Round 2:
Zsz flies to the spot marked X as a move action:

J←←FT○○○○▒○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○→○○█
█████○○○○▒○○▒○X▒○○○○○○○○○█████
????║○○Z██████████████████

As a standard action, she grabs the mirror barricade there in her hair.

Text: Zsz flies into the long hall. Her hair seizes one of the mirrored barricades.


female half-elf witch 15

GM:
So ... Zsz's plan currently is to grab a mirror or mirror barricade in her hair, head down the hall, and bring the Morrowfall out a bit closer to the vampires because 1) given the mirrors and the searing light ray thing, they seem to be scared of it or vulnerable to it, and 2) she suspects it will want to blast them more than it wants to blast non-vampires.

But, had a couple of questions which may help me figure out if this plan might be a Really Bad Idea. First:

chavamana wrote:
A head flys, neatly decapitated, and turns to ash as it lands further east in the hallway and a searing ray of light hits it.

What was that? Knowledge:Arcana or Spellcraft, I can never remember which is the right one but it's the same bonus: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33

If it is, as I suspect it might be, one of the line of spells that does extra damage to those to whom sunlight is "harmful or unnatural", does Zsz count as such a creature, or is that more for those who can't go out during the day at all? I.e. does it cover the whole spectrum from light-sensitive orc to full-on vampire, or is there a cut-off below "takes damage in daylight"?

Second:

From what JJ said, Zsz can lift and carry (but not do fine manipulations on or wield like a weapon) stuff in her hair with an effective strength equal to her int, which is 24. Is that enough to carry a mirror or mirror barricade in front of her at full flight speed (~230 lbs or less) or a 40' flight speed (~695 lbs or less)?

Does she think holding the mirror or mirror barricade in front of her will do any damn good?


female half-elf witch 15

Also GM:
Since my action is somewhat dependent on questions I don't know the answer to yet, I thought I would let you know my intentions in order to keep from possibly delaying combat.

If my character doesn't have any clue to some or all of the answers: Action as posted.

If the mirror or mirror barricade would offer protection AND I can fly while carrying it, at any speed: Action as posted

If I cannot carry mirror and/or mirror would offer no protection, AND the light ray thing would not do extra damage to Zsz: Instead of posted action, fly straight down corridor. Probably double move, but if 60' single move gets her within 15' of Morrowfall, grab it with hair.

If I cannot carry mirror and/or mirror would offer no protection, AND the light ray thing WOULD do extra damage to Zsz: Single 60' move down corridor, ready False Life in case my hp get blasted away.

I hope this isn't a problem; I'm just trying to save time preventing back and forth over rules questions, by giving you what all of my responses would be. If this isn't cool, just let me know.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Cassian Merro wrote:
"Nah, just some zombies with bad teeth."

"The fashion sense doesn't feel right for zombies."


female half-elf witch 15
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
"The fashion sense doesn't feel right for zombies."

"This discussion could conceivably proceed indefinitely," Zsz says, "And I cannot help but feel we are going to need some kind of mutually agreed upon nomenclature to refer to fanged, light-shunning undead. Perhaps we should just coin a neologism? How about Deadies?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"This discussion could conceivably proceed indefinitely," Zsz says, "And I cannot help but feel we are going to need some kind of mutually agreed upon nomenclature to refer to fanged, light-shunning undead. Perhaps we should just coin a neologism? How about Deadies?"

"These are Deadies? Why didn't you say so?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Delvehaven:Sunlight Corridor - Round 2

Down the hallway the elf fight against the force for a moment more, her all black eyes turning blood red. Finally, looking disgusted and horrified by the actions of her body, she charges down the hallway. The wooden stake she carries cutting into Zsz's dark flesh easily. (Zsz takes 11 damage.) Quietly, in a voice full of longing, and hatred of the longing, she looks at the blood, "F$&+."

Azhar pauses to take out the last vampire spawn next to him. And does so, cleaving the final of the spawn in twain.

Amaya, at the top of the visible stairs, casts a spell on Janiven's arrows that cause them to glow with a silvery light. She then pulls Janiven's mithral longsword. "This works like silver, right?"

Cassian, the last spawn - who he had fully intended to cut up - in pieces by his feet, moves next to his sister. Conveniently getting flanking on the blond deadie. However, she manages to deflect the blow from his shortsword with her off-hand wooden stake.

Vashian saunters into the doorway for a better angle into the hallway. Flips the bird at Gravlax for his crack. Then proceeds to shoot an arrow at Azhar and at Gravlax. "I'll save your girl for after I rip your throat out." The first bolt bolt bounces off the protective force around Azhar. Gravlax manages to snatch the heavy crossbow bolt from the air and throw it back at Vashian. 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 The deadie deflects the missile then adds, "And seems like you're the one that needs to compensate for what is lacking."

Suspecting this could get very ugly, Janiven casts a spell on her bow and moves forward.

Tarvi fires two bolts of magic unerringly over her brother's head. Scoring the first wounds on the snipe-hunter. The red eyes of the hunter turn from her almost brethren to the slight mage.

Zsz flies into the long hall. Her hair tests one of the mirrored barricades only to find it securely bolted. Undaunted she continues without a shield down the hallway. Just as she pasts the barricades the golden-eagle item item at the end of the hallway flashes. A beam of pure sunlight streaming down the hallway. (1d4 ⇒ 3) Directly into Zsz's path. Reflex DC 20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 244d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 6, 2) = 14 Although she manages to avoid a direct blast, her path grows erratic as she is blinded. Zsz takes 7 more damage.

Looking at the two vicious monsters, Fiosa casts a protective spell on herself.

Gravlax engages the crossbow user in melee. His sword striking true, but doing far less damage than intended. A shallow cut opens up on some of the white skin. He does nod politely at Vahnwynne as he passes through the hallway. "Ma'am. When did they catch you?"

With just a note of worry in her eyes, Mathalen tumbles 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32 into the space abandoned by Zsz, just barely avoiding an attack by the blond elf, to get flanking from Cassian. Her hit lands solidly but does no damage.

The other set of double doors open, revealing one more deadie. This one cloaked in black, his face hidden, shadows pouring in around him. "A band of adventurers made up from revolutionaries... How trite."

Active Buffs: bardic (+2 competence to hit/damage); bless (+1 morale to hit)

You can't take-10 in combat. But if you fail in combat, I will allow you take-10 post combat. You just couldn't remember in the heat of battle.

K:local DC 27:
He may be the man known in rumors as Father Jair. Worshiper of Norgorber and someone to contact 'through channels' if you wanted someone killed.

GM:
s1 -29,-73 (oh so very dead)
S2 -52 (dead)
s3 -49 (dead)
s4 -45 (dead)
maze -4
malki -9 (AC -2 due to charge)

zsz -18

Jair INit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Maze: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 321d10 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 151d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 141d10 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Malki: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 251d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 111d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 221d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 111d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 131d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 271d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 *+2 hit/damage vs humans
Jair - casty casty

amaya - cast tactical acumen, move to threaten
fiosa (SoF +2 AC) - life link cassian
janiven - 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 302d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5, 4) + 4 + 2 = 151d20 + 6 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 152d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 + 2 = 9
mathalen - move, attack 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 191d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 81d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 121d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 2 = 91d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 111d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6
tarvi - magic missile 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 61d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Delvehaven:Sunlight Corridor - End of Round 2
.
.
.
.
.
█████████
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○╙?
█████○○○║?
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
???○OG○○██████████████████
█████○○○○▒○○▒○○▒○○○○○○○○○█████
Y←←←←○○J○○A○▒○○○○○○○○○○○○○→○○█
←←←FTC○○○▒○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○→Z○█
█████○W○○▒○○▒○○▒○○○○○○○○○█████
????║○○M██████████████████
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○R╙?
█████○○○║?
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████████
▒ = door debris with mirrors attached facing east
S = undead attackers
O = Tattooed Vampire
W = Wooden Stake Woman
R = Black cloaked baddie

A = Azhar
C = Cassian (w/rygel) - hiding from enemies
G = Gravlax
Z = Zsz

Y = Amaya
F = Fiosa
J = Janiven
M = Mathalen
T = Tarvi


female half-elf witch 15

Delvehaven:Sunlight Corridor - Round 2

chavamana wrote:
Just as she pasts the barricades the golden-eagle item item at the end of the hallway flashes. A beam of pure sunlight streaming down the hallway. Directly into Zsz's path. Although she manages to avoid a direct blast, her path grows erratic as she is blinded.

"OwDammitOwSonuvaDammitOwOwLadyofnightOw. And this whole dark vs. light alignment dichotomy thing is some friggin' b~&%#~+*, too. Ow."

She seems far more upset by the blasting than she was by the staking.

Round 3:
Zsz will grab the Morrowfall and speed back towards the fight, rising enough so that the Morrowfall can fire over the barricades at vampires if it wants to.

Text: Zsz shakes her head until her vision clears, leaving her eyes sore and reddened. She grabs the Morrowfall and speeds back towards the fight, rising higher into the air.

"Hello, Morrowfall," she mutters to the artifact. "You would much rather fire your death beams at the dreadful undead night creatures than you would at me and my friends, right?"

"... Right?"

Is it possible to attempt a roll to see if I can figure out any way to get the Morrowfall under control and/or use it intentionally?

Active spells, effects, or conditioned:
1 point of Str damage
Blinded until action
Dazzled

Mage Armor
See Invisible
Flight
Message
Greater False Life (1 temp hp remaining)


female half-elf witch 15

Round 3 Addendum:

Charisma check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
K:History: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34
K:Arcana: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Round 3:
"You're probably going to want to stop looking at my sister," Cassian says nicely.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 4, 2) = 15
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 4, 5) = 17
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 4d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 2, 4) = 15

Knowledge: Local 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28 Rygel assist 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Round 3:

k.local dc crap...why bother other than I might have hit otherwise?

Azhar moves to attack the one on the other side of Gravlax.

to hit: 1d20 + 15 - 3 - 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 15 - 3 - 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 18 Power Attack, 2negative levels, -2 str, bardic, bless
damage: 1d10 + 10 + 9 - 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 9 - 2 - 1 + 2 = 20

if someone else comes within range Great Cleave:
to hit2: 1d20 + 15 - 3 - 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 15 - 3 - 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 25 Power Attack, 2negative levels, -2 str, bardic, bless
damage: 1d10 + 10 + 9 - 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 9 - 2 - 1 + 2 = 21
to hit3: 1d20 + 15 - 3 - 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 15 - 3 - 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 19 Power Attack, 2negative levels, -2 str, bardic, bless
damage: 1d10 + 10 + 9 - 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 9 - 2 - 1 + 2 = 26

Cleaving Finish:
to hit: 1d20 + 15 - 3 - 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 15 - 3 - 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 20 Power Attack, 2negative levels, -2 str, bardic, bless


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Delvehaven:Sunlight Corridor

Vamposeur wrote:
The deadie deflects the missile then adds, "And seems like you're the one that needs to compensate for what is lacking."

Gravlax shrugs. "Can't please everybody. But I'm sure you've heard that before."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Round Three:

It's not clear to me whether Gravlax will have the five-foot step to take a Leaping Attack - if he is not adjacent to his target, he will Spring Attack and withdraw, but I suspect this will not be the case, and it will be the adjacent Tattooed Vampire that Gravlax attacks.

Gravlax is down 1 HP & 1 Str

Gravlax tuts as his blade flashes. "Such a big game you talk."

First: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 20

First Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7 plus if relevant: 1d6 ⇒ 2 precision

Second: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 18

Second Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10 plus if relevant: 1d6 ⇒ 5 precision


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Delvehaven:Sunlight Corridor - Round 3

The elf's stakes flick out in a fast blur of movement. The wood stabbing into the humans flanking her, her movements precise, deadly. Cassian takes 13 hit points and Mathalen takes 25 hit points. Both stakes being covered with deeply red blood that distracts the woman as she shudders with disgust at her own hunger.

Azhar moves behind Gravlax, lunging around the lighter swordsman to attack the crossbow man. Sadly the vampire is too nimble.

Amaya moves to the bottom of the stairs, "We still have them outnumbered, so be just need to gang up on them." The power of a spell behind her words.

Down the hall, the shadowed man starts to cast a spell, the long intonations continuing, in a low growling monotone.

"You're probably going to want to stop looking at my sister," Cassian says nicely. Just before he lashes out with a barrage of his own. Because of Amaya's most recent spells, one of Cassian's attacks strike home, drawing a dry wound on the elf's arm.

Still cocky, Vashian takes a step back. Both bolts aimed for Gravlax. The first would have scored a deep wound in the mobile fighter's leg, but he grabs it from the air, returning it to the owner. 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 The returned bolt is just a tad too hight. The mazeman's second shot goes a bit wide. "Hard to hit... just means you go down to easy."

Seeing the two nearer deadies are occupied, Janiven aims down the hall at the new enemy. Her first arrow sinks deep into the man's body. The deadie looks surprised, and pissed, when his body doesn't cushion the damage. 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 Words, suspiciously curse-like, continue. However, they no longer have the strength of magic behind them.

Two more bolts over her brother's shoulder. Twice more that the force damage slams through the protections of undeath. The elf hisses at both siblings.

Zsz shakes her head until her vision clears, leaving her eyes sore and reddened. She grabs the Morrowfall. As soon as she does so, the light pulsing from the object stops, drawing the attention of the undead. Smiles spreading on the faces of both of the male deadies. Then Zsz speeds back towards the fight, rising higher into the air.

"Hello, Morrowfall," she mutters to the artifact. "You would much rather fire your death beams at the dreadful undead night creatures than you would at me and my friends, right?"

"... Right?"

Zsz:
It seems it would. Although the object is suspicious of Zsz for she lacks a pure heart, it is willing to shine with daylight for her. Or she can activate the following. (She does feel that it is witholding something from her.)
At Will—detect undead, disrupt undead, daze monster (DC 13)
3/day—blindness (DC 13), daylight, searing light

Fiosa channels positive energy, closing the worst of Mathalen's wounds. Any allies that are injured heal 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8 hit points.

Taking a step forward to follow, Gravlax tuts as his blade flashes. "Such a big game you talk." The deadie with a crossbow smiles, fang showing, as both blows miss.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 Mathalen changes her stance, her posture more carefully defensive. At the same moment she breathes taking the second needed to really study her opponent. She can't find the opening she needs, and her attacks miss.

Active Buffs: bardic (+2 competence to hit/damage); bless (+1 morale to hit); tactical acumen (any bonus you get from battlefield position gets a +1 insight bonus - ie. flanking gets you a +3 instead of a +2)

GM:
s1 -29,-73 (oh so very dead)
S2 -52 (dead)
s3 -49 (dead)
s4 -45 (dead)
maze -4
malki -38 (AC -2 due to charge)
jair -15

cassian -13
zsz -18

mathalen -25

amaya - aid cassian attack 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 14
fiosa (SoF +2 AC) - cast?
janiven - 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 132d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 6) + 4 + 2 = 141d20 + 6 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 272d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 6) + 4 + 2 = 13
mathalen - exploit weakness, attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 ~ success
1d20 + 6 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 161d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 41d20 + 6 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 261d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 61d20 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 131d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 = 10
tarvi - magic missile 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 41d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5

Maze: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 261d10 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 131d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 101d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Malki: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 171d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 241d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 111d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 261d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 131d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 *+2 hit/damage vs humans
Jair - casty casty

jani possible fumble 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 20
jani possible crit 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 9
maze possible fumble 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Delvehaven:Sunlight Corridor - End of Round 3
.
.
.
.
.
█████████
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○╙?
█████○○○║?
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
○○○OG○A○██████████████████
█████○○○○▒○○▒○○▒○○○○○○○○○█████
←←←←←Y○J○○○○▒○○○○○○○○○○○○○→○○█
←←←FTC○○○▒○○○○○Z○○○○○○○○○○→○○█
█████○W○○▒○○▒○○▒○○○○○○○○○█████
????║○○M██████████████████
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○R╙?
█████○○○║?
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████████
▒ = door debris with mirrors attached facing east
S = undead attackers
O = Tattooed Vampire
W = Wooden Stake Woman
R = Black cloaked baddie

A = Azhar
C = Cassian (w/rygel) - hiding from enemies
G = Gravlax
Z = Zsz

Y = Amaya
F = Fiosa
J = Janiven
M = Mathalen
T = Tarvi


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Delvehaven:Sunlight Corridor

"Perhaps you should not allow yourself to be so distracted in combat, no?" Azhar comments to the "deadie" bantering with Gravlax. "Especially when you and your friends are outnumbered."

Round 4:

Azhar steps forward and continues to slash at/into the huge deadie.

to hit: 1d20 + 15 - 3 - 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 15 - 3 - 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 28 Power Attack, 2 negative levels, -2 str, bardic, bless
damage: 1d10 + 10 + 9 - 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 9 - 2 - 1 + 2 = 28

to hit2: 1d20 + 15 - 3 - 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 15 - 3 - 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 - 5 = 26
damage: 1d10 + 10 + 9 - 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 9 - 2 - 1 + 2 = 26

Round 4 addendum:

Critical Confirmations:
to hit: 1d20 + 15 - 3 - 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 15 - 3 - 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 28 Power Attack, 2 negative levels, -2 str, bardic, bless
additional damage: 1d10 + 10 + 9 - 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 9 - 2 - 1 + 2 = 24

to hit2: 1d20 + 15 - 3 - 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 15 - 3 - 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 - 5 = 15
additional damage: 1d10 + 10 + 9 - 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 9 - 2 - 1 + 2 = 26


female half-elf witch 15

Round 4:
Move to wherever I can use the Morrowfall to cast searing light against an enemy without intervening cover, then do so. Would prefer to hang back in the wide hall if possible (which would probably make Vahnwynne the target), but will come out/move up as needed to meet the "no cover" condition on any foe.

Ranged Touch Attack To Hit (includes bardic music, bless, -4 for firing into melee, -1 for dazzled): 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 + 1 - 4 - 1 = 19

Note - If Zsz is no longer dazzled now that the pulsing light has stopped, add +1 to the above

Damage: 10d8 ⇒ (5, 2, 3, 5, 4, 7, 1, 7, 3, 6) = 43

Text: Zsz looks askance at the artifact she holds in her hand. "Yeah, well, frankly this wouldn't have been my first choice as a partnership either, but for the moment we're stuck with each other. Given the undead threat, however, I'm hoping we can slowly gain respect for each others' methods and learn a thing or two about ourselves along the way, ideally over the next thirty seconds or so." She lifts the Morrowfall as she maneuvers for a better angle. "Now, um ... do something bad to the people you like even less than me!" A searing blast of light lances forth from the golden eagle head.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Delvehaven:Sunlight Corridor - Round 3

Vamposeur wrote:
"Hard to hit... just means you go down to easy."

"Ask nicer."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Round Four:

Gravlax is down 1 Str

Bonus to return thrown objects is +11+1+2

Leaping Attack if possible. +1 to hit/damage not included below because I have no idea if I'll be able to take a step.

Gravlax continues to press the attack against Vashian.

First: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 24

First Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9 plus if relevant: 1d6 ⇒ 5 precision

Second: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 13

Second Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13 plus if relevant: 1d6 ⇒ 2 precision


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

"Nimble little minx, ain't she?"

Round 4:
"Let's try that again." Cassian's blades fillet the repurposed Buffy.

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 4d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 1, 4) = 15
1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 3) = 17
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 4d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 5, 2) = 13


female half-elf witch 15

Delvehaven:Sunlight Corridor - Round 3

Vamposeur wrote:
"Hard to hit... just means you go down to easy."
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
"Ask nicer."

"And at least buy him dinner first."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

"So, Vahnwynne, in a second you're going to realize that I'm a better killer than you are. And you're going to know that in the next thirty seconds, you're going to be carved into little bloodless chunks. But I don't like murdering people unnecessarily in front of my sister. Call me sentimental. And it seems like you don't want to be... whatever it is you are. So are you curable? Answer quick. Just because I don't like murdering people doesn't mean I won't do it."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Delvehaven:Sunlight Corridor - Round 4

There is a pause, a flickering of red to black for a moment. Her voice quiet, with a raw desperation under it. "I certainly hope you are a better killer than I am. Because I wasn't good enough. Drawn in by a trap." Seemingly unrelated to her words, her mind, her stakes stab out again, intentional control to split the attacks again. "And the bastard turned me into something I want to kill and f#%*s with my brain enough that I can't." Perhaps because of the slight bit of control over her actions she has taken, only two of the attacks land. Cassian takes 15 hit points and Mathalen takes 13 hit points. A pause, "Otherwise do you think I'd still be standing where you have combat tactics over me?" She hears something no one else can and snarls a pejorative. Then with a glance down the hallway. "Watch out, your sister is about to get hurt."

Azhar steps forward and continues to slash at/into the huge deadie. This time both his blows land, huge rends cut into the flesh of the maze-like skin. His wounds do bleed. The deadie laughs, "So you're his top?"

Amaya dances around, just on the edge of the elf's reach, sliding into a space so that Cassian can continue to have flanking if the bloodied Mathalen falls. She pauses, then times the mithral sword's attack to coincide with Cassian's final, slowest, attack. Amaya aid-another Cassian's third attack.

His attention focused on the archer that interferred with his summoning spell, the shadow man down the hallway, spits out "B*!~+. Die." A morass of black purple scum darkens the air radiating out from near Janiven and encompasses everyone except Zsz.

Click on me to see Will Saves vs Unholy Blight DC 19:
sickened for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds
Azhar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 178d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 2, 5, 2, 3, 3, 5) = 28 full damage, sickened
Cassian: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 74d8 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 7) = 14 half-damage, no sickened
Rygel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 124d8 ⇒ (7, 8, 2, 6) = 23 half-damage, no sickened
Gravlax: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 234d8 ⇒ (7, 7, 2, 4) = 20 half-damage, no sickened

Amaya: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 144d8 ⇒ (2, 7, 7, 1) = 17 full damage, sickened
Fiosa: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 244d8 ⇒ (7, 6, 1, 4) = 18 half damage, no sickened
Janiven: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 104d8 ⇒ (6, 1, 8, 2) = 17 full damage, sickened
Mathalen: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 84d8 ⇒ (6, 4, 3, 1) = 14 half-damage, no sickened
Tarvi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 134d8 ⇒ (3, 8, 7, 1) = 19 full damage, sickened

Let's try that again." Cassian's blades fillet the repurposed Buffy. This time, with the little aid from Amaya, Cassian's blows slice home. Massively injuring the undead body. Perhaps for the first time since the combat started the elf looks hopeful.

"Well, f@*~. I'd better take out the power of the pair first then, shouldn't I?" As Vashain shifts the crossbow to fire into the larger man. Takes a step back then drops the unloaded bow. "Ahh... how 'bout some wrestling, darlin'?" (Azhar takes 13 hit points.)

Without a word, or a sign of how much the spell must have hurt, Janiven fires another two arrows down the hall. The second shot coming very close to the deadie's heart.

There is a little hesitation before two more bolts fly into Vahnwynne. The elf smiles. "Almost there." Looks at Cassian, "The coffins are in the room behind Vashian. Hopefully you'll do what is right." From down the hall, Vashian's voice, "You traitorious b#+!*." Tarvi slumps quietly onto the stairs behind her brother, apparently far closer to unconsciousness than she realized from the evil miasma.

Zsz looks askance at the artifact she holds in her hand. "Yeah, well, frankly this wouldn't have been my first choice as a partnership either, but for the moment we're stuck with each other. Given the undead threat, however, I'm hoping we can slowly gain respect for each others' methods and learn a thing or two about ourselves along the way, ideally over the next thirty seconds or so." She lifts the Morrowfall as she maneuvers for a better angle. "Now, um ... do something bad to the people you like even less than me!" A searing blast of light lances forth from the golden eagle head. At the end of the hallway the nameless deadie almost screams as pieces of flesh turn to ash.

Fiosa channels positive energy again, hoping to undo the damage caused by the evil spellcaster. Anyone injured heals 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8 hit points. Tarvi's sapphire eyes pop back open, looking... embarrased.

Gravlax continues to press the attack against Vashian. His first hit barely tags the undead... who looks eager.

Another quick study and this time one of Mathalen's blows land home. The blow actually seeming to damage the undead woman despite the light touch.

Active Buffs: bardic (+2 competence to hit/damage); bless (+1 morale to hit); tactical acumen (any bonus you get from battlefield position gets a +1 insight bonus - ie. flanking gets you a +3 instead of a +2)

GM:
s1 -29,-73 (oh so very dead)
S2 -52 (dead)
s3 -49 (dead)
s4 -45 (dead)
maze -4,-46,-62,-57
malki -38,-88, 97, 103,-98
jair -15,-28, -71,-66

ahzar -33
cassian -19
rygel -3
gravlax -2
zsz -2

amaya -11
fiosa -1
janiven -10
mathalen -32
tarvi -11

amaya - aid another 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 24
fiosa (SoF +2 AC) - last channel
janiven - 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 302d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6, 6) + 4 + 2 = 181d20 + 6 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 222d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5, 4) + 4 + 2 = 15
mathalen - exploit 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 121d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 = 101d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 131d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 71d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 241d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 2 = 9
tarvi - magic missile 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 41d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6

Maze: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 221d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Malki: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 311d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 171d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 111d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 211d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 251d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 *+2 hit/damage vs humans
Jair - move, channel

jani possible crit 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 23
matha possible fumble 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 20
maze possible crit 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Delvehaven:Sunlight Corridor - End of Round 2
.
.
.
.
.
█████████
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○╙?
█████○○○║?
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
○○OG╙A○○██████████████████
█████○○○○▒○○▒○○▒○○○○○○○○○█████
←←←←←○ZJ○○○○▒○○○○○○○○○○○○○→○○█
←←←FTC○○○▒○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○→○○█
█████○WY○▒○○▒○○▒○○○○○○○○○█████
????║○○M██████████████████
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████○○R╙?
█████○○○║?
█████○○○█
█████○○○█
█████████
▒ = door debris with mirrors attached facing east
S = undead attackers
O = Tattooed Vampire
W = Wooden Stake Woman
R = Black cloaked baddie

A = Azhar
C = Cassian (w/rygel) - hiding from enemies
G = Gravlax
Z = Zsz (15-ft up)

Y = Amaya
F = Fiosa
J = Janiven
M = Mathalen
T = Tarvi (prone)


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

"Thanks. Sorry about all this."

Round 5:
Cassian continues to cut and slice, but, apparently shaken by the elf's state, does not cut as deeply

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 4d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 6, 4) = 17
1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 2) = 9
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 4) = 18
Confirm fumble 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

4,901 to 4,950 of 9,364 << first < prev | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shadows Turn - Chavamana's CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.