Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows over Westcrown

Game Master chavamana


4,551 to 4,600 of 9,364 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
After the Drome
Cassian presses deep into Janiven when he finally loses control, shuddering against her back. A moment later, he collapses against her, sated for now.

Gangs
"If you have a girl Selma trained, that would be perfect. She needs to be sapphic enough to please my partner."

Cassian will leave his swords as requested, keeping an eye on where they go.

In the room, he stretches out on the bed, hands behind his head. "And now we ask her where we can find Selma." He lets out a contented yawn.

Street Justice
"Okay, Tadpole. Time to see what kind of guys they are. If these are the guys, things are going to get wet." Cassian starts walking in their general direction, letting them make the first move.

Calseinica
"Of course," Cassian says.

He's actually not moving Khaz out until bedtime, since dinner will be in the living room and we don't need a devil out there.

He puts Calseinica's bags down in his room, and leads her back into the living room. "Anything you want to talk about before Tarvi's home?"


The Raven:
The woman's bath actually lasts quite a while, her actions seeming almost ritual. When the Raven makes his presence known, she turns unerringly in his direction not trying to hide her body in the least. A smile plays over her lips, "There is nothing for me to fear in the dark."

"And you, sirrah, what brings you out in the night?"


Cassian:
After the Drome
She shivering in blessed aftershocks, Janiven carefully lowers herself to the bed after Cassian collapses against her. Her head turns enough to kiss him, with a sated smile. "Hate that it's been so long... but that was wonderful, Cass." After a while she stretches under his weight, not trying to displace him but moving her muscles into position for comfort.

Gangs
Not even a minute after Cassian flops himself down on the bed and Thekla takes a perch in the window, the door open again. The woman who walks into isn't beautiful, but the assurance in her stride make her seem far more attractive than she would be otherwise. She just seems average in all ways, average height, brown hair, brown eyes, the normally pale Cheliaxian skin kissed with a color from the sun. She looks from Cassian in the bed, to Thekla in the woman. With a polite but business-like tone, "Would you like rates based on service or time?"

Street Justice 1d20 ⇒ 13
Cassian feels the eyes on him as soon as he gets to within 30-ft of the tannery. Mostly settling on the nice weapons and the sleek bag. The eyes on his sister... not concerned about weapons.

One of the boys in the tannery makes a bird's whistle. Then three of them moving out to intersect Cassian's path. The rogue can also make out the sounds of four people trying to stealthily move around to cut off the siblings egress.

Calseinica
Cali seems a little taken back by the head, distracted. "How... how to you have a talking head? I mean... we have them in the theater, but they are either illusions or a person in a box with his head sticking out. Why do you have a talking head?" Her eyes wide with shock, surprise.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
After the Drome
"I'll try not to take so much time in the future," he says, cradling his head on her shoulder. After a moment, he is asleep.

Gangs
Cassian flicks his eyes to Thekla, conveying the simple order to put herself between the girl and the door. Cassian remains at his non-threatening best, smiling happily at her. "Well, we do want to get the best rate, of course. Should I catalog what we want? It's nothing too taxing, I assure you. And you are all right with women?" Cassian's stream of patter is primarily intended to keep the girl's attention on him. Once Thekla is in position, Cassian gets to the point.

His voice drops to a murmur, mindful of possible eavesdroppers. "Miss, I don't want to alarm you. What we really want is Selma. Do you know where we can find her? We will pay for the information."

Street Justice
"You know," says Cassian, "I was momentarily concerned you weren't the men who mugged that woman. You can tell the men surrounding us that they might as well yodel for all the noise they're making." He sizes them up. "So which one of you cupcakes is the leader?"

Calseinica
Cassian laughs. "Well, we stole an extradimensional prison from the Mayor. She was inside. I hung onto her because she has offered useful counsel, and I plan to attempt to heal her present condition." He sits down on the sofa, arm up over the side, presenting Cali with an option to sit close to him and cuddle, or farther away.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

Post Sisters of Eiseth drinking

chavamana wrote:
...(Rego Cader and Crua are mostly considered abandoned and are separated from the lower part of the city by a hefty river. There is a bridge which is manned both day and night. On the south, inhabited, side there are rough neighborhoods in both Rego Pena and Rego Scriba generally on the northern ends.[/ooc]
I believe Azhar had suggested areas of the Rego Crua. Would getting over the bridge or across the river pose any difficulties?

"Based on the approaching curfew, we are going to have to sneak past or talk our way past the guards, either by boat, or over the bridge." Azhar looks a little worriedly over at Amaya, "could the rest of you excuse us a moment please?"

he takes Amaya aside,

Amaya or dc15 Perception:
"Your parents aren't going to be pleased if you aren't back before curfew. Do you want to meet us again after you have the chance to sneak out?"


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Cassian Merro wrote:
chavamana wrote:
Fiosa looks at Cassian, a thought line forming on her forehead, "What's a privy baby?"
"I was hoping someone else knew," he says, plainly uncertain.

k.engineering: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

"There's likely four or five different types of whatever it is. Claw marks are different." Azhar continues to peer at the area for a few moments pondering. "Perhaps something below is generating them somehow. I think, however, that unless someone here as discovered how to move through walls or as a vapor, we should probably move on and find another way to wherever it leads."


female half-elf witch 15

"... I'm reasonably sure Privy Babies are just an old myth," Zsz says, not sounding at all certain of this.

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:

"There's likely four or five different types of whatever it is. Claw marks are different." Azhar continues to peer at the area for a few moments pondering. "Perhaps something below is generating them somehow. I think, however, that unless someone here as discovered how to move through walls or as a vapor, we should probably move on and find another way to wherever it leads."

"All right then ... rest of the ground floor, leftmost options first?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female half-elf witch 15

Post Sisters of Eiseth drinking

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Based on the approaching curfew, we are going to have to sneak past or talk our way past the guards, either by boat, or over the bridge."

"It must be extraordinarily difficult to sneak over a guarded bridge. So unless someone can think of a good reason for us to say we need to be in the Rego Crua, shall we take a boat?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female half-elf witch 15

Gozran 23, afternoon -- Natsunoya Tea House

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Well, thank you." Azhar says, glancing at Amaya for confirmation, "How about yourself? Anything particularly interesting happen since we last apoke?"

A moment of hesitation, and a quick glance at Tarvi, before Zsz cheerily says, "Well ... I think I made a bit of a breakthrough in rhabdomancy a few days ago. A couple more months, and I think I'll actually have gotten somewhere with it."


female half-elf witch 15

Tarvi:
chavamana wrote:
Tarvi doesn't answer quickly, instead she turns the proposal over in her mind, examining it. Finally, about a block later, "Everyone has things that they may not want to share, so I think that is very fair. And I would prefer that you can't answer to a lie."

"Oh, good," An almost imperceptible tension leaves Zsz's shoulders. "Because I don't actually like lying. And I actually do like you."

Vitti:

chavamana wrote:

The green-haired man stiffens a little when she hugs him. Then he awkwardly pats Zsz on her back. "Happy to be of help Ms. Zsz." And when she releases him, in a somewhat more normal tone, "I'll arrange supplies in the morning. What time in the afternoon should I come to fix the lock? It shouldn't take more than two hours." His tone clear that he thinks it will take less time but his cautious nature requires that he give the maximum it may take.

"Shall we say one o'clock, then?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

GM:
1d4 ⇒ 31d2 ⇒ 2

Desnus 6 - Delvehaven
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

"... I'm reasonably sure Privy Babies are just an old myth," Zsz says, not sounding at all certain of this.

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:

"There's likely four or five different types of whatever it is. Claw marks are different." Azhar continues to peer at the area for a few moments pondering. "Perhaps something below is generating them somehow. I think, however, that unless someone here as discovered how to move through walls or as a vapor, we should probably move on and find another way to wherever it leads."

"All right then ... rest of the ground floor, leftmost options first?"

Continuing on to the left-hand door, you find large serving kitchen is equipped with a pair of humongous ovens now sealed with bricks. A pantry lies to the south. The pantry holds the remains of the foodstuff that was abandoned here. Long since molded over, so long in fact that the stench of rot is absent. There is a locked door that leads to the grounds, probably a service door.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

The Raven smiles as the woman turns toward him -- although surely she can't see that. He strikes a heroic pose.

"I walk the city at night, milady. I protect the people of Westcrown from the terrors therein."

He turns slightly, to give a three-quarters profile. "It is a difficult lot, but I am up to the challenge."

He turns back to face her, and bows. "But if you are well milady, and your needs met, I shall be off."


Gravlax:
Ambushed Apartment 1d100 ⇒ 58
She looks down at him, utterly serious. "Do I need to know about what you've been up to at night or is it something that I should be ignoring?"

Old Apartment
She smiles, grins really, down at him before she sits up straight, stretching. Looking for all the world as fresh as she'd been during their conversation. Her hands run slowly from the apex of her thigh over his abdomen, chest and come to rest on his shoulders, a simple consideration of him that matches the brightness in her eyes. All trying to figure out how much more he can take.

Fiosa
She nods, motions him to bend over and come through the fence into a lovely garden with both produce and flowers.


Cassian:
Gangs
Thekla seems to get the message, moving around the girl evaluating. The girl follows her movement for just a second before her attention turns back to Cassian and she starts to answer his question, "Assuming that you have the endurance, I would re.." Her words trail off as Thekla gets to the door and Cassian suddenly changes the question.

The woman's eyes go wide, really looking at Cassian for first time since she came into the room. "You aren't... You don't look like them." Eager to take the money, but a shimmer of worry in the brown eyes.

Street Justice 1d20 ⇒ 161d100 ⇒ 36
A number of the toughs back off, warned by the confidence in his demeanor. One, either to stupid to realize or to worried that he'll look weak if he backs down, he eyes glint a little. "We'd never mug a good, proper Wiscrani woman. So you must have the wrong blokes."

Calseinica
She almost snuggles into him, Cassian can tell because if she had intended to sit so straight, she wouldn't be so close that she only has to wiggle to be on his lap. She looks at him with a soft smile, "You said you weren't doing this for... payment..." Her blush making a little return at the euphemism. "Did you come and rescue me just because you're my friend or for some other reason?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Gangs
"We're not," Cassian says, scratching Rygel's head. "We're just a couple of concerned citizens who want to make sure something like this doesn't happen in our neighborhood. We wanted to ask Selma about the men who roughed her up, but we can just as easily ask you. And if you have any complaints about your employer as well."

Street Justice
"That's good. Because if I had the right blokes, I'd be forced to air out their intestines a bit." He looks around at the assembled men, utterly unafraid. "Seeing as you're proper citizens, it might behoove you to start looking after the locals. Because if I hear of another mugging in this area... another woman terrorized... an act of the gods that somehow hurt someone... I'm going to blame you. And one night you'll put your head on your pillow, close your eyes, and go to sleep..."

Cassian's voice darkens. "...and you'll never wake up."

Calseincia
"I came to rescue you because I care about you. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want you, but I don't want you to feel obligated. Whatever happens between us, I'll always be your friend. If you need something -- anything -- you only have to ask."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

Gozran 23, afternoon -- Natsunoya Tea House

A moment of hesitation, and a quick glance at Tarvi, before Zsz cheerily says, "Well ... I think I made a bit of a breakthrough in rhabdomancy a few days ago. A couple more months, and I think I'll actually have gotten somewhere with it."

Azhar glances curiously at Tarvi, then returns his attention to Zsz. "What in the world is rhabdomancy?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female half-elf witch 15

Gozran 23, afternoon -- Natsunoya Tea House

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar glances curiously at Tarvi, then returns his attention to Zsz. "What in the world is rhabdomancy?"

"Oh, it's the use of a cylindrical wooden or sometimes metal object as a magical focus, intensifier, or store," Zsz replies. "It originally meant divination by means of any rod, wand, staff, stick, arrow, or similar tool, using a basic application of the Principle of Sympathy by setting them on end and observing where they fall as a means of determining direction or the answers to simple questions. As the technique was refined ..." She trails off as she realizes her enthusiasm for the subject may not be universal. "Well, anyway, I've been working with wands a bit."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

Ambushed Apartment

Gravlax is tense and confused for a moment, then relaxes. "I have been going up to the roof and talking with my friend a lot more this past week, week and a half. He's been busy. Why do you ask?"

Old Apartment

He is not looking as fresh as she is. His hair is matted to his forehead, but his breathing has nearly recovered. He runs his fingernails up her arms, slowly, from wrist level toward her shoulders.

The spirit is willing, and the flesh stirs.

Fiosa

He bends down and steps carefully into the garden. "This is a nice little space," he says.


Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

chavamana wrote:
Continuing on to the left-hand door, you find large serving kitchen is equipped with a pair of humongous ovens now sealed with bricks. A pantry lies to the south. The pantry holds the remains of the foodstuff that was abandoned here. Long since molded over, so long in fact that the stench of rot is absent. There is a locked door that leads to the grounds, probably a service door.

Coming out of the kitchen, before you continue down the the corridor, through the archway you see an exotic feasting hall, this central chamber is now covered in dust and grime. Many square tables and chairs sit throughout this room, although quite a few are partially collapsed or fallen over. A gigantic fifteen-foot-tall tank half filled with a cloud of murky brown water stands in the hall’s center, its wings of glass stretching in the four directions of the compass. A jumble of strange, bony shapes are just visible lying strewn on the bottom of the tank. Twenty feet above, the ceiling is draped in cobwebs.

Perception DC 30 (FT:urban applies):
In the muck at the bottom of the tank, you see the flash of gold and the some type of light source, buried in the muck.

Gravlax:
Azhar: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Cassian: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Gravlax: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Zsz: 1d2 ⇒ 2

*Rygel 1d2 ⇒ 2

Deep in the shadows of the room to the left of the arch entrance, absolutely still and so perfectly blending into the dark of the room is the skeleton of a three-horn quadruped.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

"Gold in the tank," Cassian says. "And light." He takes off his pack and sets it on the floor, hops up to the rim to peer into it. "I'll go get it. Just making sure there's no monster in there."

To Rygel, he mutters, "Almost feel better if there was, you know? This is too easy."

Rygel chirps back.

"For the last time, there's no such thing as a jinx. You need to stop listening to that fortune teller."

The monkey chirps again.

"Yeah, well, mangoes don't make her right."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Gravlax freezes, and stares toward the shadows to the left of the archway. "It's beautiful," he says quietly.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

dice:

Perception: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 4 = 28

Cassian Merro wrote:

The monkey chirps again.

"Yeah, well, mangoes don't make her right."

"Maybe not, but they can certainly go a long way if they're good ones." Azhar smiles at a distant memory.

He alternates between peering into the cobwebs above and the murky water of the tank, scanning for any movement...other than Cassian and Rygel.

Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Gravlax freezes, and stares toward the shadows to the left of the archway. "It's beautiful," he says quietly.

"What is?" Azhar glances in the direction Gravlax is looking before going back to scanning for movement.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

Gozran 23, afternoon -- Natsunoya Tea House

"Oh, it's the use of a cylindrical wooden or sometimes metal object as a magical focus, intensifier, or store," Zsz replies. "It originally meant divination by means of any rod, wand, staff, stick, arrow, or similar tool, using a basic application of the Principle of Sympathy by setting them on end and observing where they fall as a means of determining direction or the answers to simple questions. As the technique was refined ..." She trails off as she realizes her enthusiasm for the subject may not be universal. "Well, anyway, I've been working with wands a bit."

"So you've been learning to tell the future with wands?" he asks a little puzzled, "how accurate is that sort of thing?"


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Gravlax freezes, and stares toward the shadows to the left of the archway. "It's beautiful," he says quietly.
"What is?" Azhar glances in the direction Gravlax is looking before going back to scanning for movement.

"It's our missing skeleton," Gravlax is still enraptured by whatever he sees in the shadows. "And she's gorgeous."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:

Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

"It's our missing skeleton," Gravlax is still enraptured by whatever he sees in the shadows. "And she's gorgeous."

"What missing skeleton?" Azhar is obviously perplexed. He lets his attention wander enough from the possible dangers in the cobwebs and in the murkiness of the tank towards the left of the arch as well.

dice:

perception: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 4 = 31


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"What missing skeleton?" Azhar is obviously perplexed. He lets his attention wander enough from the possible dangers in the cobwebs and in the murkiness of the tank towards the left of the arch as well.

"The monster from the other room," Cassian says, perched on the edge of the tank, no longer ready to dive in.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Cassian Merro wrote:
"The monster from the other room," Cassian says, perched on the edge of the tank, no longer ready to dive in.

Gravlax nods, having regained his voice somewhat. "The tri-horned one."


female half-elf witch 15

Gozran 23, afternoon -- Natsunoya Tea House

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"So you've been learning to tell the future with wands?" he asks a little puzzled, "how accurate is that sort of thing?"

"Well ... no. Or rather, yes, but no." Her hands, hair, and dress grow more animated as she explains. "Modern rhabdomancy has differentiated into several specialized subfields from its early roots. I'll skip over the history, but these days most practitioners use sticks for the original divination techniques, arrows for damage, although that's really considered a branch of spathomancy these days, staves for focusing, rods for intensifying, although that's a bit oversimplified in both cases, and wands as magical storage devices. I'm actually trying to do crossfield work, and coax a single device into behaving as a multifunction tool, which would include the divination techniques along with everything else but isn't limited to them."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Cassian Merro wrote:
"The monster from the other room," Cassian says, perched on the edge of the tank, no longer ready to dive in.
Gravlax nods, having regained his voice somewhat. "The tri-horned one."

"Ah, of course." Azhar says, looking just a trifle annoyed at himself, "perhaps the rest of you should get behind the uh," glances over at the 15' walled enclosure filled with muddy water, "aquarium?" he looks back in the direction the others are staring in. "the thing has already proven it can move, after all." he shakes his head, "Not quite sure why it's so hard to see." he pauses, "but things with horns are generally apt to charge."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

Gozran 23, afternoon -- Natsunoya Tea House

"Well ... no. Or rather, yes, but no." Her hands, hair, and dress grow more animated as she explains. "Modern rhabdomancy has differentiated into several specialized subfields from its early roots. I'll skip over the history, but these days most practitioners use sticks for the original divination techniques, arrows for damage, although that's really considered a branch of spathomancy these days, staves for focusing, rods for intensifying, although that's a bit oversimplified in both cases, and wands as magical storage devices. I'm actually trying to do crossfield work, and coax a single device into behaving as a multifunction tool, which would include the divination techniques along with everything else but isn't limited to them."

"I see." okay, so maybe he does...at least a fraction of it. "So how did you decide to get into this area of study? Books? a mentor? something else?"


female half-elf witch 15
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Ah, of course." Azhar says, looking just a trifle annoyed at himself, "perhaps the rest of you should get behind the uh," glances over at the 15' walled enclosure filled with muddy water, "aquarium?" he looks back in the direction the others are staring in. "the thing has already proven it can move, after all." he shakes his head, "Not quite sure why it's so hard to see." he pauses, "but things with horns are generally apt to charge."

("Gravlax, if you'd be so good as to indicate about where it it, I'll try to make it a trifle more visible.") Zsz says through the Message spell.

Zsz will cast Faerie Fire on the area that includes the skeleton. Unusually, she makes no motions and speaks no words when she does so.


Delvehaven - Nautalica

With Gravlax drawing the groups attention, a careful look does reveal the skeleton of the huge triceratops. Even knowing where to look she is hard to see, almost seeming a part of the shadows around her. Even as your lights moved into the large room, the shadows remain heavy around her.

As a moment, a breath, is taken to observe her, the most cautious amoung you notices a tension in the sinew tendons that would not be present in a skeletal display.

The following are a single roll, FE:undead applies.

K:religion DC 12:
As a skeletal creature, bludgeoning damage would be the most effective and have the standard undead immunities.
K:religion DC 17:
As a skelton, she would be immune to cold and maintain the natural attacks, like gore, she had in life.
K:religion DC 22:
The negative energy emenating from this undead is particularly strong, she is probably resistant to positive energy and may be able to deal negative energy in addition to physical damage.
K:religion DC 27:
The creatures sinews practically crackle with energy, suggesting that she may be able to move more than a standard undead.

The following are a single roll, FE:undead applies.
K:planar DC 17:
The creature seems to have a strong connection to the negative energy plane. The shadows that hide her form seem to be 'leakage'. This creates a distortion effect that makes it harder to spot and attack.
K:planar DC 22:
It may be possible for the creature to strengthen that leakage into a focused attack.

On the assumption that you are all wary adventurer types, please give me initiative and round 1 actions.

Perception DC 15:
The shadows clinging to the skeleton give her a concealment miss chance. While that is in effect she cannot be targeted by precision-based damage like sneak attack.


Delvehaven - Nautalica, Pre-Combat
.
.
.
.
.
████████████══████████████
█○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○█
█○○█████████○○█████████○○█
█○○█*○○○○○○○○○○○○○****█○○█
█○○█*○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○**█○○█
█○○█**○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○*█○○█
█○○█*○○○○○○~~~~○○○○○○○█○○█
█○○█*○○○○○○~~~~○○○○○○○█○○█
█○○█○○○○○○○~~~~○○○○○○○█○○█
█○○█○○○○○○*~~~~○○○○○○○█○○█
█○○█○○○○***~~~~*○○○○○○█○○█
█○○█○○○***○~~~~***○○○○█○○█
║○○○○○○~~~~~~~~~~~~○○○○○○║closed double doors
║○○○○○○~~~~~~~~~~~~○○○○○○║that lead to library
█○○█*○○○**○~~~~*○○○○○*█○○█
█○○█*○○○○○○~~~~○○○○○○*█○○█
█○○█*○○○○○*~~~~○○○○○○*█○○█
█○○█*SSS*○*~~~~○○○○○○*█○○█
█○○█○SSS○○○~~~~○○○○○○*█○○█
█○○█○SSS○○○*C○○○○○○○○*█○○█
█○○█**○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○*█○○█
█○○█**○○○○○G○○○○○○○○○*█○○█
█○○█████████Z○█████████○○█
█○○○○○○○○○○○MAY○○○J○○○○○○║privy
█○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○FT○○○○○○○║privy
████████████╝╚████████████
open doors to the kitchen

○ = open space, moveable
█ = wall
~ = 15-ft high fishtank, glass sides
* = tables and chairs, rough terrain grants 'higher ground'

S = shadowy skeletal triceratops

A = Azhar
C = Cassian (on a table, with Rygel)
G = Gravlax
Z = Zsz

Y = Amaya
F = Fiosa
J = Janiven
M = Mathalen
T = Tarvi

GM:
dino init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
charge, gore 1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 22 + 2 = 432d10 + 19 ⇒ (2, 10) + 19 = 311d6 ⇒ 4
-2 AC from charge

Amaya Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Fiosa Init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Janiven Init: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8
Mathalen Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Tarvi Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

amaya, start bardic, pull crossbow'
fiosa move, bless
jani, move shoot 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 2 = 161d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
mathalen, move for flank, attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
tarvi mage armor, move


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Gravlax points toward the deepest part of the shadows.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

K:religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Round 1:

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Regretfully, Gravlax unsheaths his dueling sword, and moves to attack the giant beastie, flanking it if possible.

Leaping Attack

First: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 1 = 15

First Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7 plus if relevant: 1d6 ⇒ 4 precision

Second: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 = 23

Second Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6 plus if relevant: 1d6 ⇒ 6 precision

Critical Check on Second Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8

Critical Damage if Sufficient to Hit: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

k.undead: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
k.planar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

"She's obviously a skeleton, so use blunt weapons if you got 'em. Also seems to have a particularly strong negative energy aura, so probably resistant to positive energy and may deal negative energy damage in addition to her physical attacks. That's all I got, except for the fact that she's hard to see, so don't count on hitting precise points easily."

Round 1:

AC:18/16/14
hp: 88
Fort:7 ref:7 will:3

initiative: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 23 trait, FT included

FE: +4Human, +2Native Outsider NOT included

Azhar hefts his lucerne hammer not to forestall a charge, but into attack position. He moves to get in front of the others and attacks when he is able, lunging if necessary. (I am assuming that bracing with this weapon means you are using it as a piercing weapon and not as a bludgeoning weapon, if you can still do bludgeoning damage he would likely try to brace for the triceratops charge after getting in front of the others.)

to hit: 1d20 + 14 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 14 - 3 = 26 Power Attack incl
dam: 1d12 + 9 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 9 = 21 Power Attack inc.

other:
Great Cleave or second hit at -5(as appropriate)
to hit1: 1d20 + 14 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 14 - 3 = 17 Power Attack incl
dam: 1d12 + 9 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 9 = 24 Power Attack inc.
-2 AC if Cleaving

Cleaving Finish (if appropriate)
to hit: 1d20 + 14 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 14 - 3 = 22 Power Attack incl
dam: 1d12 + 9 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 9 = 22 Power Attack inc.

lunge (if appropriate): additional 5' reach on his turn, -2AC

For some unknown reason, he begins to sing, using graceful dancelike steps to get in position. "Iffff Iiiiiii should staaay
I would only be in your waaaaaayyyyy."
Perhaps it's just to keep it's attention off the others.
perform sing: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
perform dance: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
or perhaps he's not taking this as seriously as he should.


female half-elf witch 15

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Round 1:
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Yeah, will still do Faerie Fire, given the description. Zsz will also move into the room if at that point she can do so without provoking; ideal is to end up where she can move in to strike or stay back to cast, and where there is not a straight line for it to charge her.

Text: Zsz's brow furrows, and the creature is illuminated with a pale violet glow, chasing the shadows away.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female half-elf witch 15

Gozran 23, afternoon -- Natsunoya Tea House

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"I see." okay, so maybe he does...at least a fraction of it. "So how did you decide to get into this area of study? Books? a mentor? something else?"

"Oh, mostly I just like to tinker. What made you choose your professional focus?" The question is broadly addressed to all three of the others.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Round 1:
Initiative 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Cassian will wait until someone engages the monster before hopping down and flanking it. He draws his two blades. "Skeletons. Why does it have to be skeletons?"

The following is a single attack with no modifiers except for flank.
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 and 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 6, 4, 4) + 1 = 16


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

Gozran 23, afternoon -- Natsunoya Tea House

"Oh, mostly I just like to tinker. What made you choose your professional focus?" The question is broadly addressed to all three of the others.

"Hmmm? Oh. I guess I just liked listening to my mother. Found out I could make money at it while we were traveling from town to town, though I think it was easier when I still had baby fat in my face." he turns towards the other two with half a smile, awaiting their turn, though it looks like he's already either heard it or has a decent guess.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Round 1 addedum:
Let's get ready to fuuuuuumble! 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18


Delvehaven - Against the Dinosaurs - Round 1

For some unknown reason, Azhar begins to sing, using graceful dancelike steps to get in position between the beast and Cassian. "Iffff Iiiiiii should staaay I would only be in your waaaaaayyyyy." Perhaps it's just to keep it's attention off the others. He sets the lucerne hammer crafted by Melilot in case of a charge by the skeleton. (Perhaps to the surprise of everyone who saw him perform, he is both carrying the tune and picking his steps well... the song doesn't help though.)

Gravlax:
Acrobatic DC 35 to prevent AoO if monster has combat reflexes... or if you had gone after him in combat: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29 ~ luckily for you, he DOESN'T

*tumbling costs double movement, however Gravlax moves 35-ft, leaping attack applies but only a single attack.

Regretfully, Gravlax unsheathes his dueling sword, and moves to attack the giant beastie, flanking it if possible. While the pale-haired man does not manage to flank the huge creature, his blow (1d5 ⇒ 1) while true, is confounded by the shadows distorting the creature.

The shadow engulfed skeleton, its action provoked by Cassian's move into the room, attempts to charge the rogue. Provoking an attack from Gravlax (1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 1 = 311d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 131d5 ⇒ 5;possible crit: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 1 = 191d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8) and Azhar's brace. Perhaps because the he finally saw through the shadows, Gravlax's blade plows through some of the bones. Azhar's hammer just pulverizes them more. Despite the bone cracking blows, the monster gores Cassian. (Cassian takes 31 points of damage and 4 points of negative energy damage.)

A) Perception DC 10:
Despite Azhar's weapon doing the proper bludgeoning damage, the shadows about the creature seem to buffer the blow, preventing a very small part of the damage.
B) Perception DC 10:
In additon to the piercing damage of the wound, bits of shadow stuff shot out from the horn, damaging Cassian further.

Mathalen moves to flank the massive skeleton not expecting the attack from the creature that ignored Gravlax's movement. (1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 372d10 + 18 ⇒ (1, 1) + 18 = 201d6 ⇒ 5) Despite the blow, Mathalen limpingly gets into position, she even takes a swing (1d5 ⇒ 5) at the massive beast, her fist barely damaging the animated creature.

Zsz's brow furrows, and the creature is illuminated with a pale violet glow, chasing the shadows away. (The skeletal creature no longer has a concealment miss chance.)

Cassian waits until someone engages the monster before hopping down and flanking it. He draws his two blades. "Skeletons. Why does it have to be skeletons?" As he jumps from table to table to land next to the great beast. The creature's rumbling movement must have splashed some water on the floor, though, because the rogue's blow is deflected without doing damage.

Out in the hallway, Tarvi pulls the shadows of the place into a close fitting armor, glaring at the beast, carefully making her way into the room, out of its immense reach. Fiosa moves into the doorway, also just out of the creature's move and blesses the combat. Janiven moves into the room, placing herself between the beast and at least one of the softer targets. And she fires, a poor shot for her, but it does break some bone. Finally, Amaya pulling her crossbow starts to sing about 'dem old bones do break'. Her voice carries without being loud.

Active buffs= bless: +1 morale bonus to hit, bardic: +2 competence to hit and damage

GM:
tricy -16, 53, 55, 57

azhar
cassian -35
gravlax
zsz

amaya (21 rnds bardic remain)
fiosa
janiven
mathalen (snake stance) -25
tarvi (+4 AC)


Delvehaven - Nautalica, End of Round 1
.
.
.
.
.
████████████══████████████
█○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○█
█○○█████████○○█████████○○█
█○○█*○○○○○○○○○○○○○****█○○█
█○○█*○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○**█○○█
█○○█**○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○*█○○█
█○○█*○○○○○○~~~~○○○○○○○█○○█
█○○█*○○○○○○~~~~○○○○○○○█○○█
█○○█○○○○○○○~~~~○○○○○○○█○○█
█○○█○○○○○○*~~~~○○○○○○○█○○█
█○○█○○○○***~~~~*○○○○○○█○○█
█○○█○○○***○~~~~***○○○○█○○█
║○○○○○○~~~~~~~~~~~~○○○○○○║closed double doors
║○○○○○○~~~~~~~~~~~~○○○○○○║that lead to library
█○○█*○○○**○~~~~*○○○○○*█○○█
█○○█*○○○○○○~~~~○○○○○○*█○○█
█○○█*○○○○○*~~~~○○○○○○*█○○█
█○○█*○○SSS*~~~~○○○○○○*█○○█
█○○█○○MSSSC~~~~○○○○○○*█○○█
█○○█○○○SSSA**○○○○○○○○*█○○█
█○○█**○G○○○○○○J○○○○○○*█○○█
█○○█**○○○○○○○ZT○○○○○○*█○○█
█○○█████████○F█████████○○█
█○○○○○○○○○○○○Y○○○○○○○○○○○║privy
█○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○║privy
████████████╝╚████████████
open doors to the kitchen

○ = open space, moveable
█ = wall
~ = 15-ft high fishtank, glass sides
* = tables and chairs, rough terrain grants 'higher ground'

S = shadowy skeletal triceratops

A = Azhar
C = Cassian (with Rygel)
G = Gravlax
Z = Zsz

Y = Amaya
F = Fiosa
J = Janiven
M = Mathalen
T = Tarvi


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Round 2:
Cassian spits out a wad of blood and begins the very serious business of carving the monster up.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 and 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1, 6, 2) + 1 = 12
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 and 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 5, 3, 1) + 1 = 14
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 and 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 3, 5, 5) + 1 = 19


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Round 2:

AC:18/16/14
hp: 88
Fort:7 ref:7 will:3

FE: +4Human, +2Native Outsider NOT included

"So I'll go," Azhar steps back 5', then pirouettes and uses his momentum to strike "but I knoooww. I'll think of you every step of the waayaaaaaayy." and strikes again. Perhaps he is just a bit too distracted. His blows do not have nearly the weight or accuracy they normally have and the creature hasn't even attacked him yet. "Okay, I'll shut up now."

to hit: 1d20 + 14 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 14 - 3 = 16 Power Attack incl
dam: 1d12 + 9 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 9 = 25 Power Attack inc.

other:
Great Cleave or second hit at -5 included(as appropriate)
to hit1: 1d20 + 14 - 3 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 14 - 3 - 5 = 9 Power Attack incl
dam: 1d12 + 9 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 9 = 26 Power Attack inc.
-2 AC if Cleaving
to hit2: 1d20 + 14 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 14 - 3 = 21 Power Attack incl
dam: 1d12 + 9 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 9 = 23 Power Attack inc.
-2 AC if Cleaving

Cleaving Finish (if appropriate)
to hit: 1d20 + 14 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 14 - 3 = 27 Power Attack incl
dam: 1d12 + 9 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 9 = 30 Power Attack inc.

lunge (if appropriate): additional 5' reach on his turn, -2AC


female half-elf witch 15

Zsz reels and nearly falls before Azhar's sonic attack, the chosen song seeming to cause her great pain despite the sweetness of his voice.

Round 2:
Move onto table or chair two spaces "east" of Azhar 15' from creature, attack with hair; since it it huge, cannot grapple or trip.

Attack includes flanking, high ground, bless, bardic:

To Hit: 1d20 + 12 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 6 = 27
Damage: 1d4 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

I believe her hair is a bludgeoning weapon, and it is also magic if that matters.

Text: Zsz hops on a table some distance from the beast, and her hair punches it in the face.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Round 2:

"Ssssshhhh," Gravlax says soothingly to the giant beast. "It's okay. You can sleep now."

And he strikes again, moving to flank if he can.

...and yes, I am including Leaping Attack again - if I am doing this wrong, I am sure you'll let me know

First: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 32

First Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 9 plus if relevant: 1d6 ⇒ 6
precision

Second: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 23

Second Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 11 plus if relevant: 1d6 ⇒ 4
precision

Confirmation of Critical on First Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 25

Damage for Critical: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 12


Delvehaven - Against the Dinosaurs - Round 2

"Ssssshhhh," Gravlax says soothingly to the giant beast. "It's okay. You can sleep now." As he steps around her bulk to get flanking from Azhar, stepping next to the bloody and battered Mathalen. His dueling sword cracking bones left and right now that the undead has lost it's shadowy defense.

"So I'll go," Azhar steps back 5', then pirouettes and uses his momentum to strike "but I knoooww. I'll think of you every step of the waayaaaaaayy." And strikes again. Perhaps he is just a bit too distracted. His blows do not have nearly the weight or accuracy they normally have and the creature hasn't even attacked him yet. "Okay, I'll shut up now."

As the bones break into uselessness, Amaya comments, "Don't see why, you were singing quite well." A pause, "Odd song choice for combat though." Fiosa doesn't roll her eyes, reallly she doesn't, as she picks her way across the now powdery floor and touches Cassian's shoulder. (Cassian heals 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 7) + 4 = 12) Rygel, based on the chatter, seems to be extremely concerned about his big buddy.

Cassian:
And once he has determined Cassian isn't about to die on him, he chides Cass for getting hurt. After all, they have things that must be done.

And then, when Mathalen is in range, Fiosa channels healing both 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7 points.

Cassian is down 16 and Mathalen is down 18.

And (after he is healed) Cassian find in the sludgy water: The bones of many large piranha, five ancient triangular gold, an indigo jade bracelet, a darkwood wolf’s-head scepter, seven octagonal gems containing a strong flame but absolutely cool to the touch, and a gray bag which Zsz and the other detect magic-ers say is magic.

A) K:history DC 15 or K:geography DC 20:
The ancient gold coins are from a lost civilization in Liger and are worth far more than their gold value.
B) Spellcraft DC 18:
Grey Bag of Tricks... the magic seems off a little though

A wand of cure light gets used 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 four times on Cassian and 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 four times on Mathalen. Mathalen is down 1 hit point.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian had a potion of Cure Light Wounds to his lips when some NPC accosts him and batters him about the head and shoulders with a wand. He shrugs, stoppers the potion and puts it away. "That's it, buddy. I'm trading my potions for mangoes."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

dice:

k.history dc15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
k.geography dc20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

chavamana wrote:

Delvehaven - Against the Dinosaurs - Round 2

"Odd song choice for combat though."

"I know. Don't know what came over me. Almost like someone else was pulling my strings." he looks accusingly heavenward for a time before his vision returns to the here and now. He kneels down and inspects the 5 ancient triangular gold pieces. "These are coins from ancient Liger. Should be worth quite a bit more than just the gold weight to the right buyer." He turns it over in his fingers before replacing it with the others.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

"Half lion, half tiger," Cassian says to Rygel. "Bred for its skills in magic."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

"Yup. Eats lead and s&+#s out gold. Worth catching if you can find it." Azhar adds in Rygel's direction.

4,551 to 4,600 of 9,364 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shadows Turn - Chavamana's CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.