Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows over Westcrown

Game Master chavamana


4,451 to 4,500 of 9,364 << first < prev | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | next > last >>

Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava/a:

Gozran 22
Amaya wrote:
Eyes amythest pool so large that Azhar could almost imaging falling into them, she leans forward. Her body soft despite the muscle of her trade.

Azhar leans forward to meet her, slowly enough to let her withdraw if she so chooses. His lips are warm, his approach, soft and exploring at first, but becoming more aggressive as she allows, tasting her lips, her tongue

sense motive: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 4 = 25
and yet trying not to go too far. His left hand joins his right, come up from her cheeks to under her hair, tracing her ears. Endless moments pass. He draws back, whispers to her. [smaller]"'maya, Your eyes are the most beautiful I have ever seen. Your lips sweet as autumn clouds. I pray for the day you find me worthy enough to hold you and show you how much you really mean to me."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Lifestyle/Money Rolls
Whatever's better.

After the Drome
"Betray you? I thought you liked me." He punctuates that with a particularly brutal thrust, his hand snaking around to toy with her. "When we do jobs, I need a way to unwind."

Gozran 24/Kraken's Ink
He chuckles. You're the one who keeps bringing up sex." He turns to leave. "Nice to know I've still got it." And with that, he is gone.

Gangs
"Forget that. I'll find their leader and give him the hard goodbye."

He nods, turns, and makes it to the door before pausing. "Well? You coming or not?"

Regardless, he's going to the affected neighborhood and start to look around.

Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27 Rygel assist 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Muuuurder
Scene of the crime first, followed by casing the neighborhood! And he's fetching Tarvi. "Come on, Tadpole. We're going to solve a murder."

Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28 Rygel assist 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Ship
Excellent.

Calseinica
"Cali! I came as soon as I heard." He rushes over to embrace her. "Get your things. We're getting you out of here."


female half-elf witch 15
Cassian Merro wrote:

As the group walks past the nuns, Cassian remarks, "Those two are still alive. For now."

At the door, he says, "Well, have fun everyone. Good night." He leaves on his own

"I don't much fancy the idea of evil assassins bent on revengs," Zsz remarks, moving towards the two unconscious nuns. She clearly intends to coup de grace them unless someone stops her for whatever reason.


female half-elf witch 15

Gozran 24, after questioning Coriana. At some as yet unnamed bar

"I wasn't saying I thought Mathalen was in heat!" Zsz protests.

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar becomes a little thoughtful before replying. "Gargoyles tend to get more aggressive. A bigger kill or more impressive trophy would look better for a potential mate. Not to mention they just enjoy playing and torturing their prey. Kind of like cats in that respect, I suppose."

Zsz nods. "Still sounds like it requires care when walking home, albeit for different reasons."


female half-elf witch 15

Tarvi:
chavamana wrote:
A smile at the greeting. "Hello, Zsz." The sapphire eyes brightening and clearing as she leaves the workday behind.

"You look lovely," Zsz says sincerely. "How are you tonight?"

"I've heard tell of an old house from whence eerie noises come ..."

Vitti:
chavamana wrote:
Heavy green eyebrows shade the slate eyes for a moment, "Do you want to be able to open the windows to have another means of egress other than the door or is that unimportant?"

Zsz thinks about this. "You mean in case of fire or some such?" she asks. "Other exits probably make sense from a safety standpoint."

Sense Motive Roll: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Azhar:
Gozran 22
He stops, pulls back at the perfect moment. The moment where he can still taste her own rising pleasure but before the 'should's and 'can't's start to float to the surface of her mind.

At his whispered words, her right hand rises to his cheek, caressing his skin. The bite of the cool metal of the rings he gave her a silent promise.


Cassian:
Money from crafting
Last week of Gozran - 15.5 gp earned
First week of Desnus - 12 gp earned

After the Drome
Janiven can't quite stifle the scream of pleasure tinged with just a little pain at the brutal thrust. The sound still coloring her voice when she manages to speak again. "I like you. My body apparently just f*#&ing wants you." A sound, almost a whimper as his hand slips around, as what his clever fingers do sends jolts through her body in quivering waves.

Toes curling, hand alternating between clutching and caressing, the sound of her throaty laugh brightening the words. "You have my full approval of your means to unwind."

Gangs
Thekla catches up to him in almost a blink of an eye. "I, of course, would never do anything that hasn't been approved by the head of a the Nagas."

Cassian heads right to the northernmost parts of Rego Pena, near the Cararoden. The residents in the block of building near the Pegasi Bridge are far more nervous and jumpy than normal. Cassian, such a slight man - nothing like the heavy bruisers used by some illicit organizations, is able to coax more people into talking to him than he expected. The first is a young boy, maybe seven, who Cassian caught slipping out of a shoddily walled laundry, followed by an old woman's voice telling the brat to hang out the wash so that it can dry. 'Cause it'll rain tonight. My knee is moving back and forth, that always means rain. And ifin' you don't get those sheets they have to come in all damp." The kid draws up short as he almost run directly into Cassian, looking ready to bolt in the opposite direction before the small monkey stops him. "Hey mister. Why's your rat got such a big tail?"

Muuurder
The road the bodies were found is a little north of the Devildrome, a wide street lined (like many in Westcrown) with horrific gargoyle statues. Although the torn and bloody remains have been removed by dottari, the siblings are able to find the bloodstains - lightened by the rain but still present. About five distinct spots where the remains were left.

Understandable, many of the people who at one point squatted in the buildings have decided to relocate but Cassian finds on of the hold outs. An old woman, hunched, the reek of cooking cabbage curling out the open door and windows. The woman outside on her stoop, darning old, worn, pasty grey socks. A task that bends her back as her eyes need to be about two inches away from the woolen weave of the socks to see.

Caliseinica
She holds herself straight and proud for just a moment before sinking into his embrace, just a barest loss of control turned to hot tears that stain his shoulder. She blinks, slightly blurry, at him. "... and go where?" Just a tad of hopelessness in her normally bright voice, like someone who has been worn and picked at almost to the point of breaking.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

Gozran 24, after questioning Coriana. At some as yet unnamed bar

"I wasn't saying I thought Mathalen was in heat!" Zsz protests.

Azhar looks like he's about to make a response, glances in Amaya's direction. Decides not to.

Zsz wrote:
Zsz nods. "Still sounds like it requires care when walking home, albeit for different reasons."

"Any ideas on catching it?" Azhar looks around at the others. "We've already tried the direct approach."


female half-elf witch 15
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Any ideas on catching it?" Azhar looks around at the others. "We've already tried the direct approach."

"Bait?" Zsz suggests.

"Incidentally, on a different subject, should we try to talk to the last dead Pathfinder we know the whereabouts of, or should we go directly to Delvehaven, since we seem to have the knowledge necessary at this point to penetrate its mysteries?"


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

"Yeah we considered that, and probably where we're at now, but 'maya and Mathalen have been all over the rooftops with Gravlax and I looking for it. They probably wouldn't work." He looks Zsz up and down, grins. "Feel like attracting something a little more monstrous?"

He continues, "Regarding Delvehaven. I think we have more than enough to go right in, but I'd be happy to find Aiger as well, if someone wants to do that."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
After the Drome
"That's good," he mutters. The force and frequency increasing, clutching her tighter and tighter, until he explodes, deep inside.

Gangs
Rygel chirps something angrily.

"Watch your language," Cassian mutters. "He's not a rat, kid, he's a monkey. They're kind of like people, but a lot more honest. Listen, kid. You tell me what I want to know, and there's some copper in it for you. What do you say?" Cassian pauses only for the barest moment, not giving the kid a chance to think it over. "Been hearing about gangs in these parts, giving citizens trouble. You know anything about that?"

Muuurder
"Good morning," Cassian says pleasantly. "Don't suppose you happened to see what happened here the other day?"

Caliseinica
He holds her tightly. "Wherever you want. Cali, these people have no power over you. They can cut you off, but that's it. That's where their power ends. You're an actress. The toast of Westcrown. You don't need them." He parts from her to look deep into her eyes. "Pack your things. For now, you're staying with me." His tone, though tender, brooks no argument. "We'll go home, and maybe tomorrow we can start figuring things out."


female half-elf witch 15
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Yeah we considered that, and probably where we're at now, but 'maya and Mathalen have been all over the rooftops with Gravlax and I looking for it. They probably wouldn't work." He looks Zsz up and down, grins. "Feel like attracting something a little more monstrous?"

"Wander around unarmed and unarmored in a dangerous neighborhood where I already know for certain someone was attacked? Sounds fun. I should probably appear to be drunk." She signals to the waitstaff for another drink. "However, if we're attempting to lure this thing out, I'll also need to at least appear to be alone. That means a certain amount of stealth would be required on the part of anyone who wishes to protect my virtue."

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
He continues, "Regarding Delvehaven. I think we have more than enough to go right in, but I'd be happy to find Aiger as well, if someone wants to do that."

"Well, we can at least talk to ... what was his name? Rance Lucca? And see if he says yes. It couldn't hurt to ask, surely."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Wander around unarmed and unarmored in a dangerous neighborhood where I already know for certain someone was attacked? Sounds fun. I should probably appear to be drunk." She signals to the waitstaff for another drink. "However, if we're attempting to lure this thing out, I'll also need to at least appear to be alone. That means a certain amount of stealth would be required on the part of anyone who wishes to protect my virtue."

"Anyway we can keep in touch at a distance?" he looks back at the others, then back to Zsz. "or anything to get there more quickly?" he thinks for a bit then adds, "or something to hide better? or even better, be invisible?"

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Well, we can at least talk to ... what was his name? Rance Lucca? And see if he says yes. It couldn't hurt to ask, surely."

Azhar smiles, looks at the others.


female half-elf witch 15
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Anyway we can keep in touch at a distance?" he looks back at the others, then back to Zsz. "or anything to get there more quickly?" he thinks for a bit then adds, "or something to hide better? or even better, be invisible?"

"I can stay in touch as long as you remain within 180 feet of me," Zsz says. "The rest isn't really my specialty."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"I can stay in touch as long as you remain within 180 feet of me," Zsz says. "The rest isn't really my specialty."

Azhar smiles broadly, looks at Gravlax and the others. "That perfect, Zsz!" he exclaims, his eyes sparkling, "sounds like just what we've been looking for." He squeezes Amaya's hand under the table if she is still there.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"However, if we're attempting to lure this thing out, I'll also need to at least appear to be alone. That means a certain amount of stealth would be required on the part of anyone who wishes to protect my virtue."

Gravlax finishes his drink, and sets it down. "If I keep to one, I can be stealthy. I think."

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Well, we can at least talk to ... what was his name? Rance Lucca? And see if he says yes. It couldn't hurt to ask, surely."

"Sure," Gravlax says. "Apparently I am in favor of talking. Let's give it a try."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Gravlax finishes his drink, and sets it down. "If I keep to one, I can be stealthy. I think."

"Keep to one?" Azhar blinks, pauses, "Oh! you mean the drink. Sure, of course, me two, I think. Though Cassian might disagree, were he here." he smirks, apparently finding it at least a little funny, to himself at least, if no one else. "So, tonight maybe? We probably have to wait until it's dark...or at least nearly so."


female half-elf witch 15
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Keep to one?" Azhar blinks, pauses, "Oh! you mean the drink. Sure, of course, me two, I think. Though Cassian might disagree, were he here." he smirks, apparently finding it at least a little funny, to himself at least, if no one else. "So, tonight maybe? We probably have to wait until it's dark...or at least nearly so."

"Sounds good. And perhaps we talk to Rance tomorrow?"

"Have there been any reports of other attacks, or only Mathalen? It might help to know the range of its territory."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Have there been any reports of other attacks, or only Mathalen? It might help to know the range of its territory."

"There've been a number of bloody, torn bodies found in Rego Crua. The victims have all been members of the 'lower' classes and the normal night haunts are being blamed. I'm not absolutely certain, but it's likely that's the work of the type of creature we're looking for. That's probably the best place to lay our trap. It's only over a couple of blocks."


Zsz:
Tarvi
Tarvi smiles at the compliment, her eyes moving over Zsz's face for a moment, the muscles around the sapphire eyes tightening, as if she sees something but can't quite put her finger on what it is she sees. "Something a little different, I think." A rolling shrug, "Looks nice, whatever it is."

"Well, mostly." Taking the last few steps down into the street. "Eerie noises, you say." A teasing grin, "That does sound like something someone should look into."

Vitti
A considering nod. "That will be a little more expensive." Not discouraging, just a statement of fact. "First thing we would want to do will take care of two of your main complaints. We can coat the interior walls with a cement that will ensure that light won't creep in and will modify the surface and angle to something that would be more comfortable for you."

His granite eyes, turn to her, waiting to see her response before he continues further with the idea.


Cassian:
After the Drome
His explosion calling to her body, causing it to ripple in pleasure. After, when his hot breath has calmed and Janiven again has control over her breathing, her fingertips play against the skin of his forearms. "Not that I had much of a say in how you wanted to relive your tension this time around." Her voice low in its alto range, absolutely at peace with the lack of control she had.

Her arms slip over his, her body pressing into his, finding his niches that she fits into. For just a moment somehow holding him tight, then relaxed. "Tarvi did well spotting the red-head from Arvanxi's dinner party."

Gangs
The kid watches Rygel carefully, until the word 'copper' passes Cassian's lips. Then his attention focuses wholly on the man. The kid doesn't look so much cagey as worried. "Maybe a little, sir." He wipes a grubby hand across his nose, smearing the dirt across his face. "May ain't be what'cha asking 'bout though."

"It's mostly a bunch of roughs looking for a woman." The kid's light eyes steal over to the blonde for a moment, but she clearly doesn't match the description the kid overheard.

Sorry catch the last two after work, k?


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

"The vegetation serves a different purpose," The Raven says. "And you may still get to eat his eyes if he is duplicitous."

"We will be back in seven days. It may be a few nights before I venture out again. I hope to find something more interesting next time. I need to leave my effete friend a shopping list."

The Raven is indeed leaving a shopping list for Gravlax. As a note, while they both fight left-handed, Gravlax writes with his right, while The Raven is sinister all the way.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

"Mmm hmm," he pants, still trying to regain his breath, reveling in the way his damp skin sticks to hers as well as the sheet, stretching his neck to maximize the surface area near her lips. "Wandered off the path," his hand reaches up to lightly caress her hair. "But I didn't mind."

"I might even...." he trails off himself, his hand continuing to pet her head, "...yes."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"I don't much fancy the idea of evil assassins bent on revenge," Zsz remarks, moving towards the two unconscious nuns. She clearly intends to coup de grace them unless someone stops her for whatever reason.

Gravlax doesn't offer to help, but he stands by and quietly watches.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Keep to one?" Azhar blinks, pauses, "Oh! you mean the drink."

Gravlax grins back, and shrugs. "We can't all be you."

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"I'm not absolutely certain, but it's likely that's the work of the type of creature we're looking for."

Gravlax nods. "Or it's a trap for gargoyle hunters, in which case, let's spring it. I would be a party to this."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"There've been a number of bloody, torn bodies found in Rego Crua. The victims have all been members of the 'lower' classes and the normal night haunts are being blamed. I'm not absolutely certain, but it's likely that's the work of the type of creature we're looking for. That's probably the best place to lay our trap. It's only over a couple of blocks."

"So are we going to make you look a little less...uptowny?" Azhar grins, "I think someone here can do something about disguising you. Else we would'a had the chance to have some fun, but I don't think that's warranted."

"I suppose we could probably start off as a supposedly drunken group and have you split off to go on your own way, then just keep you in range." he frowns briefly, "Can you keep it from flying temporarily? I mean, I kinda assumed so, but.." he looks at Zsz with a questioning expression. "Any of that sound good? I mean, you are the one being put in the most danger here."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Gravlax grins back, and shrugs. "We can't all be you."

Azhar chuckles. "Actually, I actively try not to drink that much anymore. Seem to have lost the tolerance."

Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Gravlax nods. "Or it's a trap for gargoyle hunters, in which case, let's spring it. I would be a party to this."

Azhar nods back, still grinning. He is ready to go whenever it is deemed appropriate.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
After the Drome
Cassian disengages his body from Janiven's then resettling with her in his arms. "She acquitted herself well. I'm not looking forward to the inevitable night she's in over her head, but that's inevitable. Happens to all of us. Those who survive, become professionals. Those who don't become nothing. I'd rather not have my sister become nothing."

Gangs
Cassian flips a copper piece end over end to be easily caught should the kid have the refleces. "Which roughs, and which woman?" Cassian asks, copper pieces walking over his rippling knuckles.


Cassian:
After the Drome
"She has a good head on her shoulders." A soft kiss on his shoulder, "But that moment will come for all of them. And probably come again for the rest of us." A pause, "You aren't planning on inviting Calseinica along when we head into Delvehaven, are you?" Her voice more cautious planning than anything else.

Gangs
The kid does grab the coin out of the air, clumsily, but functional. He does stare at it for long moments more than he should before stuffing it into his underwear. "Skinny lady, pale, dark hair." Kid shrugs, "They got lots of names, but wasn't the right lady."

"A few different toughs but pretty much all th same. All big and ready to punch someone if they don't get the answer they want." He looks around, then back to Cassian, whispering. "They beat up the Mr. Alvino. Knocked him out." His voice drops even more, "I managed to nick a bunch of sausages for granny."

Muuurder
The old woman leans back, apparently unable to unbend her back, to look at Cassian. Her eyes milky with cataracts, "The bloody bodies or the boys that mugged the mother who was bringing home some food for her babies?"

Calseinica
Her arms squeeze around him for a moment, pressing her in a little tighter. Looks up, nods. "At least for a while, dad's wife really dislikes me."

She starts to pack, then looks over at Cassian. "I'm assuming I should limit myself to a reasonable amount of clothes..."


The Raven:
The raven pauses, "Do... I... get to be invited?" A pause, "Can you add shinys to the list?"

Gravlax:
She cuddles in closer, enjoying the stick and slide of the her body against his. Her lips travel over the skin he stretched into the proper range. "Might even... what, l.. Gravlax?" Her leg sliding over his.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
After the Drome
"Gods no. Cali's no killer." He strokes Janiven's muscled arm. "She's..." and trails off. "I'm sorry, Jan. I shouldn't talk about her. I shouldn't even be thinking of her when I'm here with you."

Gangs
Cassian tosses another coin to the kid. "You see this lady, you make a mark on that wall there with chalk. Draw my monkey. Doesn't have to be detailed, just enough I know it's there."

He tosses the kid yet another coin. "Good lad. Granny's hungry, you get her something to eat. Now give me some of the lady's names. And while you're at it, you tell me where I can find these toughs."

Muuurder
Cassian's mien darkens. "Both."

Calseinica
"Yeah, I don't have a ton of space," he says with an affectionate smile, kissing her softly. "And so you know, my bed isn't nearly so grand as yours. Sleeping will be rather... close." He squeezes her back, murmuring into her mouth. "Gods I've missed you, Cali."

He releases her to pack, and if she forgets something obvious, he'll throw it on. "Remember, my jewel, we have to carry that over the wall and to my rathole of a neighborhood."


female half-elf witch 15
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:

"So are we going to make you look a little less...uptowny?" Azhar grins, "I think someone here can do something about disguising you. Else we would'a had the chance to have some fun, but I don't think that's warranted."

"I suppose we could probably start off as a supposedly drunken group and have you split off to go on your own way, then just keep you in range." he frowns briefly, "Can you keep it from flying temporarily? I mean, I kinda assumed so, but.." he looks at Zsz with a questioning expression. "Any of that sound good? I mean, you are the one being put in the most danger here."

"Give me half an hour and I'm fairly sure I can make myself look a bit less reputable. And I'll make sure I smell of alcohol. And yes, hopefully I'll be able to restrain it if it attacks."

"Might be better if I appear to be alone the entire time. It might not approach if it knows I have friends within screaming distance."

And when all the discussion on the subject is finish:

"So. We've been talking far too much business. Anyone have a funny story?"


female half-elf witch 15

Tarvi:
The grin is returned. "Yes, I certainly hope a pair of intrepid investigators decide to check into it."

"My day up until now has been rather unexciting," Zsz says as the two begin to head towards their destination. "I spent most of my time on a redecorating project. I feel so bourgeoise. No doubt soon I'll be owning the means of production and oppressing the proletariat."

Vitti:
"That sounds divine, but how much more expensive is a little more expensive? What price range would we be looking at for that?"


female half-elf witch 15

GM:
For when it comes up:

Disguise check to look like a derelict: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

Augmented disguise included for strong smell of alcohol (she will spill it on herself), if allowed.

Does Zsz already have access to the new spells/spells per day from her jump to 8th level? If so, she will also cast Greater False Life upon herself before the group ventures out:

2d10 + 8 ⇒ (6, 6) + 8 = 20

If she does not have access to the spell yet, obviously she wouldn't cast it. I would assume mage armor would probably still be up from earlier in the day, correct? But any of her other buffs would be gone by now.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

"Of course you are invited," The Raven says. "Although your presence seems to act as an excitement dampener, maybe that just means that through my own person actions, Westcrown is safer now than it ever has been."

As he returns, over the rooftops, toward (Gravlax's) home: "Any preferences? Or just ... shiny?"


Gozran 23, afternoon -- Natsunoya Tea House

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar and Amaya arrive at Natsunoya Tea House. Azhar looks around before entering.
Zsz (and Tarvi) arrive not long after, and try to spot Azhar and Amaya.

Arriving not long after the Tien girl and the very large swordsman, Zsz manages to spot the pair being led down a hallway. The woman leading them slides open a rice paper screened door, bowing, then head back down the hallway towards the front door.

The main room of the teahouse is a bit boisterous, poorly sung music wafting from a crowded corner where a group of disreputable men drink and probably gamble. The young man bow to Zsz and Tarvi, "How may I help our honored guests?"


Post-Sisters of Eiseth Drinking

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"So. We've been talking far too much business. Anyone have a funny story?"

Fiosa raises a hand, she wobbles slightly on her stool as she does so, the drink offsetting her balance. "There is a rotten, horrible, evil merchant who sells halflings that has completely lost his profit margin because some masked vigilant broke into his house and threatened him. So," hic "he's had to hire double the guards."

She blinks as she looks around. "Oh.... I guess that is more good news than a funny story." She takes the mug in both of her hands, looking into its depths.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Post Sisters of Eiseth drinking

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"So. We've been talking far too much business. Anyone have a funny story?"

"My funny stories are a little on the academic side," Gravlax admits. "There was a senior clerk who mentored me a bit when I joined the Courts. He developed a theory that most people died within ten miles of home. I told him this is because most people sleep at home, but he said I was muddling the data. Or something like that. But he was getting old -- I think he was forty -- and his mortality was weighing on his mind. Last anyone heard of him, he was hauling a cargo of wyverns through the Eye of Abendego, and yelling 'I'm statistically significant! I'm statistically significant!'"

Gravlax finishes his drink. "That's the sort of funny story that I know." He shrugs. "True, by the way."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:
He smiles at the ceiling. "...could get used to this," he says. "Get used to you."


female half-elf witch 15

Post-Sisters of Eiseth Drinking

Fiosa wrote:
She blinks as she looks around. "Oh.... I guess that is more good news than a funny story." She takes the mug in both of her hands, looking into its depths.

"That is good news!"

Gravlax wrote:
Gravlax finishes his drink. "That's the sort of funny story that I know." He shrugs. "True, by the way."

"Man comes to Westcrown from the interior, and, having lived far from the coast all his life, he's never had a good fish dinner. So the first thing he does upon getting to town is hail down a hansom cab. 'Driver,' he says, 'Can you take me someplace that I can get scrod?' Driver replies, 'Buddy, I been asked that question a million times, but never before in the past pluperfect subjunctive.'"


female half-elf witch 15

Gozran 23, afternoon -- Natsunoya Tea House

chavamana wrote:
The main room of the teahouse is a bit boisterous, poorly sung music wafting from a crowded corner where a group of disreputable men drink and probably gamble. The young man bow to Zsz and Tarvi, "How may I help our honored guests?"

"We're with the two who just went down that hallway there," Zsz replies.


female half-elf witch 15

Post Sisters of Eiseth drinking

At some point towards the end of the evening, Zsz will head to the bathroom and emerge after 1d4 ⇒ 4 40 minutes, looking thoroughly indigent, smelling of alcohol, her dress somewhat tattered.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Post Sisters of Eiseth drinking

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
At some point towards the end of the evening, Zsz will head to the bathroom and emerge after 1d4 40 minutes, looking thoroughly indigent, smelling of alcohol, her dress somewhat tattered.

Gravlax gets up to settle his tab.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:
The Raven's shopping list - which he presents to Gravlax:

Alchemist's fire (several)
Baubles
Paperwork for emancipation of slaves
Paperwork for sale of slaves
A small packet of salt
A list of people who might be willing to temporarily harbor the aforementioned slaves until aforementioned paperwork goes through
An attractive woman with a slightly less attractive and consequently more enthusiastic friend <--- this item struck out with the notation that he meant to only ask for things Gravlax could provide


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:

Post Sisters of Eiseth drinking

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
At some point towards the end of the evening, Zsz will head to the bathroom and emerge after 1d4 40 minutes, looking thoroughly indigent, smelling of alcohol, her dress somewhat tattered.
Gravlax gets up to settle his tab.

Azhar follows suit.


Cassian:
After the Drome
She turns her head enough to kiss Cassian's shoulder. "I'm the one who brought her up Cass." Janiven arches her back a little, stretching against him, her hand skims the muscle of his chest and abdomen before settling against his hip. "You're here with me, which I assume means it was me you wanted." A somewhat self-derogatory chuckle, "At least for tonight."

Gangs
The kid looks a little guilty at the first coin, "Don't really know which lady they want." His hand closes around the coin, "So far everyone they've found ain't been her." His eyes light up, "But I can put a monkey up for when I see a lady that might be her." He nods hopefully.

The second coin is snatched from the air with a wide grin that shows the break in his teeth where a baby tooth must have fallen out recently. "They really think she'd be a working girl." He thinks, "So far they've gone to see Beata at the Rusty Pipe, Maria at Blessed Head, and Selma at the Gilded Steed." The kids nods very seriously. "The butcher said they'd be gone off mad, cause Sel ain't gonna be able to work for a while with that broken rib." Thekla still holding back, watching Cassian do his thing, stiffens a bit, her eyes going flinty.

With Cassian's K:local he knows that all three places operate, at least in part, as brothels - although in the case of the Rusty Pipe it is more that the serving girls are willing to take a gent into the back rooms for a little extra coin rather than a brothel. The Blessed Head has a whole church of Abadar theme going.

Muuurder
The old woman nods, settles back down to poke at her watery cabbage stew. "It isn't like the old days when you could leave the eaves open to catch a breeze when the weather starts into these muggy nights." The old woman shakes her head, "Nope. So I go through the old place, make sure everything is locked up tight. But last week or so..." The lines deepen in the old face. "There is somethings flying around out there at night, you can hear 'em flap around. And they land hard, the build shakes a little if they land up in the garden. And when they move around it sounds like a whetstone moving over rock. And then, in the morning, there a ruckus when those damn useless dottari find another body."

"The woman's Demi Papad... sometine or other. Foreign girl, but nice enough. Her man's a sailor who brought her back here. Has four little ones, all timed with when the boy was in port. I think she makes a little extra by doing the beading in one of them shops down in the good part of the city." Old woman gets a determined look on her face. "She was headed up to the apartment that'a way." Motioning a bit north and on the far side of the street, to a building with a few kids playing in front of it. "She'd done her food shopping, carrying a two bags. And alls a sudden I hear this group of boys hassling and heckling her." Shakes her head, "Mostly wanted to rob her and she wouldn't let go... I didn't recognize the voices of the boys, they ain't from right around here."

Calseinica
She does seem to remember the obvious. However, her eyes pass over her wardrobe with a sigh. It takes her a bit of time to carefully pick out her clothes. Picking out the dresses that she doesn't need assistance to get into, the fabrics that are less like to be destroyed by harsher washing. As she ties bag shut she smiles at him, blushing a little, but with an odd pride. "If I'd try to do that a year ago I'd have been naked in a week... Mille read me a riot act on what kind of stuff is suitable for real people and what is just for pampered nobles."

That said, she also (although she obviously tried to hide what she was doing) packed a few undergarments that would not fall under the easy clean principles.


Zsz:
Tarvi
"Lead on, valiant wizard. Should there be unquiet spirits disturbing the rest of the good... or wicked... we shall no doubt prevail.

Tarvi looks at the building behind her, [b]"I'm pretty sure I fall soildly in with the bourgeoise." She grins, "But more as a means to bilk the idle rich out of gold which they got by the oppression of the working labor."

Vitti
His eyes trip around the room, calculating. "Assuming you don't need it to be done too quick... so just one skilled labor... about 2 gold a square foot."


The Raven:
The raven shakes its head, "Not me, all the crazies come to me."

And on the shinies, "and tasty."

Gravlax is able to aquire all of the items on the Raven's list. A linguistics check would be needed for properly forged paperwork (Jask remarkably good at this, Gravlax would have learned after interacting with him over the evil paperwork.) And Gravlax is referred to Fiosa as a contact for the harboring of slaves.


Gravlax:
Just the hint of a nip as her lips move. "As long as used to doesn't turn into take for granted." Her free hand skims over damp flesh, slowly touching one points where nerves still sing close to the surface.


Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

Come mid-morning on Desnus 6 the group finds themselves stealthily assembled on the mostly unused Adivian Walk that runs along the Delvehaven's twelve-foot outer wall, encrusted with bird droppings, salt deposits from the sea, and other signs of neglect. The rusty wrought-iron gates closed and sealed with a rusty chains and an old lock coppery with rust. Looking through the closed gates the group sees a weed-choked mess that hints at a once lovingly tended and beautiful courtyard. Huge Shoanti totems, some of them still standing through sheer will alone, line the western border of the yard, while here and there stand algae-choked fountains adorned with authentic Osirian hieroglyphs.

Just on the inside of the front gate you can make out a pair of warrior women statues that flank the entrance. Both far too detailed to be anything but genuine imports from Geb’s legendary field of maidens. A large oak sign hangs askew over the front gate: “By order of Her Infernal Majestrix, this lodge is condemned and has been warded for your protection. Trespassing prohibited.”

Tarvi, looking through the gate, winces and rubs her temples. Quietly to her brother she comments, "There is a wall of magic just on the other side of the gates."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
After the Drome
Cassian stretches, choosing to ignore the pointed tone in Janiven's voice. "You were right. Couldn't get your fantasy from my mind. Thought I'd come over and take what was mine." He snuggles a little closer, his own hands wandering over her hard muscles. "You will let me know if you have any other fantasies, won't you?"

Gangs
"Thanks, kid," Cassian says. "You see that girl, you draw that monkey, and I come back with more coins. Meantime, you look after granny. Nobody else will."

He walks a few paces with Thekla. "Let's start with Selma over at the Gilded Steed, shall we?" Cassian begins to walk in the direction. "I hope it doesn't reflect too badly on me that I know where that is."

Muuurder
"Thank you for the information." Cassian turns to go. "Oh, I'm sorry, you must have dropped this." He hands the old woman a gold piece. "You should look after your money better."

With that, he leaves, headed for Demi Papad's place. To Tarvi he says, "There's a good chance this ends in violence. That happens, I want you to let me take the lead. You get on the other side of whoever I'm dealing with, and distract him so I can get in there."

Calseinica
Before they go, Cassian puts a hand on Calseinica's arm. "Cali... there's no price tag attached to this. If you want to come home with me and spend every night making love, that's wonderful. If you're not ready for that, I understand, and I'm willing to wait."

On the way out, he uses the rope of climbing, telling it to knot and giving them a clear trip down, and from there, he leads her to his apartment on foot.

What happens next depends on her and whether or not Tarvi is home.

Disable Device 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (19) + 23 = 42 Rygel assist 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Cassian:
The barrier seems to be a ward with a secondary trip trap if the group passing through doesn't have a key item. From what he is able to tell through visual observation of a barely visibly rune pattern carved into the inside of the gate and spidey sense, it has a positive reverberation with an item being carried by Azhar. Very likely - with the information gotten from her, Coriana's wayfinder.

The ward is definitely one-way, meaning leaving the place would be easy, however, in order to pass safely into the Delvehaven courtyard you would want to be in chain touch with the wayfinder.


Perception DC 29; take-20 ok, trapfinding applies:
Looking past the wall barrier, you spot an odd shimmer in the air in varies places of the courtyard, slowly moving.
Cassian:
And based on the advice you got from Khazrae, those may well be the 'mines' she mentioned House Thrune putting in when they sealed the Delvehaven.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

"The barrier is a ward with a secondary trap if we don't have a key. The Wayfinder, in other words. In order to pass safely, we want to be all holding hands." Cassian peers beyond the barrier. "If you notice, there are little moving shimmers in the air. Those are mines placed by House Thrune when they sealed the Delvehaven."


female half-elf witch 15

Desnus 6 - Delvehaven

Zsz finishes up casting Mage Armor, See Invisible, and Greater False Life (2d10 + 8 ⇒ (7, 8) + 8 = 23) upon herself.

She'll also cast Message in case quiet communication is needed at some point; it should be able to encompass all present.

Cassian wrote:
"The barrier is a ward with a secondary trap if we don't have a key. The Wayfinder, in other words. In order to pass safely, we want to be all holding hands." Cassian peers beyond the barrier. "If you notice,there are little moving shimmers in the air. Those are mines placed by House Thrune when they sealed the Delvehaven."

Zsz offers her hands to whoever is next to her. She'll also take a look with Detect Magic herself, just in case there's any more information she can add, or it makes the mines easier to see.

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35


female half-elf witch 15

Tarvi:
chavamana wrote:
"Lead on, valiant wizard. Should there be unquiet spirits disturbing the rest of the good... or wicked... we shall no doubt prevail. Tarvi looks at the building behind her, "I'm pretty sure I fall soildly in with the bourgeoise." She grins, "But more as a means to bilk the idle rich out of gold which they got by the oppression of the working labor."

"Oh, that's definitely the best kind of borgeoisie," Zsz agrees. "Subverting the system from the inside."

"Did you grow up here?" Zsz asks, after a moment.

Vitti:
chavamana wrote:
His eyes trip around the room, calculating. "Assuming you don't need it to be done too quick... so just one skilled labor... about 2 gold a square foot."

"Hmm ... Why don't we start with just one room then? The main bedroom, say. Then I shall have at least one haven of restfullness, and I can leave it at that or decide upon further modifications if I can afford them."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar pulls Coriana's wayfinder out from under his shirt, whispers "tengoku" under his breath and holds it in front of him as the light shines forth. His left hand instinctively finds Amaya's, looks around at Cassian, "Do you think you & I should test to see if these mines are attracted to us first or are we going to assume they're just moving randomly?"

4,451 to 4,500 of 9,364 << first < prev | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shadows Turn - Chavamana's CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.