Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows over Westcrown

Game Master chavamana


401 to 450 of 9,364 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

"I seem to have misplaced my two-handed, heavy masterwork dwarven-made lockpick. And it's not very good for fine work anyway.", Azhar says looking directly at Cassian, "Someone's just as likely to lose a hand as not." Perhaps he actually is indispensable in this instance, after all...of course, what does Azhar know?


Janiven nods, acknowledging the point. "I can see one major problem with killing Shanwen outright instead of disabling him. All of the armigers that will be traveling with him are his trainees. He sponsored them, vouched for them. There is a good chance that killing him will spiral them out of control, but there is also a chance that his death will spur them into stupid, pointless vengeance driven frenzy." Her eyes scan over the group, "Now there is little chance that they will hurt some of you, but all it takes sometimes is a stupid, lucky shot." She smiles, "Now if we can remove his influence without killing him, just knocking him unconscious, we still remove any tactical training and add the stress of tending to a fallen companion." She shrugs.

DC 12 Sense Motive (14 if human):
Janiven would prefer to not kill the Hellknights, not because of any good or noble purpose, she just thinks it will create a bigger pain in the long run. However, she is dead serious about none of group that she considers non-combatants getting hurt or worse killed.

"If we kill them, then we are just proving that we are the vile influence that Westcrown should fear." The dark-skinned scribe comments. "While many of the order are deserving of punishment, others have turned to them as a means to hold to order. It is possible that some of Shanwen's recruits are from Westcrown. I cannot see any mother or father siding with the group that slaughtered their child when there was another way."

"So instead we should risk our own necks keeping the blood inside their bodies? F@+~ that. If we kill Shanwen and the rest there will be no one left to carry tales about who we are." Yakopulio adds to the discussion.

Tarvi raises her hand a bit so that she can get people's attention without shouting, "I can't think of why killing them would be better." She shrugs, "I think if we can knock them out, safely... or at least mostly safely, then it makes us look more powerful than we are." She looks around her sapphire eyes bright, "I mean... you have to be really sure of your own abilities to leave someone who can hurt you alive." Her smile, a grin that makes her look even more like Cassian, "'sides which, they all wear decently expensive armor. If we knock them out we can take their stuff, add insult to slight injury and get a little seed money to boot."

DC 10 Sense Motive:
Amaya (the Tien girl) is disturbed by how easily people can jump to killing as the correct solution. Fiosa (the halfling woman) seems conflicted.
DC 20 Sense Motive:
Those that don't seem to mind if the plan is settled on disable or kill: Gorvio (the kid with golden eyes), Larko (the bald haired man), Mathalen (the woman with short hair), Vitti (the slightly older man with green hair).

Those that would prefer a solution that doesn't involve killing if possible: Ermolos (the very large muscled man with a limp), Jask (the very old man)

All for the easiest way to keep his own skin intact: Rizzardo (the Varisian)


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Sense Motive:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Cassian Merro wrote:
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
"Can anyone here pick a lock?" Gravlax asks, looking everywhere but at Cassian. "If we cannot risk a battlefield execution, I say distract the Hellknight and corps and steal Arael."
Cassian looks around, seeing if he's just as indispensable as Gravlax implies.

No one volunteers such a skill.

Cassian:
Yakopulio totally knows how to pick locks, she just knows she isn't anywhere near as good as you.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian shrugs. "Knocking them out is a little more dangerous for us, it's true. You go out of our way to keep them alive, sure you might win a little goodwill down the road. You know, if anyone actually hears that version of events. Not exactly the most likely of outcomes. Still, if you want your revolution and refuse to get your hands dirty, that's none of my business."

"Anyway, when Shanwen's out, he might have these newfangled lockpicks I've heard so much about. 'Keys' or something like that. I might be pronouncing it wrong. We take those, unlock Arael, steal a bunch of armor, and leave a unit of hellknights to walk back to town in their skivvies. Or feed the crows, as your conscience might dictate."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar smirks at Cassians snarkiness. He is obviously amused. Logical, yes, but snarky all the same, "Assuming we capture or kill him, then, yes." He turns back to Janiven, "Are his recruits likely to be on foot or horseback?" Azhar asks inquiringly.

Azhar rolls:

sense motive dc12: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 no
sense motive dc10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 yes
sense motive dc20: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 no


Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Will his recruits be on foot or horseback?" Azhar asks inquiringly.

"I would guess a few of them will be on the prisoner wagon and that those that aren't will probably be on horseback." A quick pause, "Which reminds me..." She looks over at the kid with golden eyes, "Gorvio," even with his name said softly the kid jumps a little, his attention snapping to the older woman, "Do you think we could borrow some horses from your uncle's stables?"

The kid... young man... thinks for a minute, and then nods. "It shouldn't be a problem for today."

Cassian:
DC 20 K:local - take-10 for Cassian

The drunk in the dottari cells just clicked. Hal the stablemaster. Knows good horseflesh, but has never been able to do well despite superior stock either because he is a drunk, or the bad business turned him into a drunk. Known to have a really nasty temper when he hits the booze. His stable is up in Rego Crua, which doesn't help with his clientele.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

"and how likely would it be that they would be able to handle panicked mounts?" he asks before musing to himself, "So far, I'm liking the decoy ploy." he looks at Janiven again, "Is it likely he would send his men after a decoy? and if so, how many would be likely to stay behind? I assume he would likely stay with the prisoner, no?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

At the mention of horses, Cassian has a realization. "Hal the stablemaster is in the dottari cells sleeping off a drunk. Or was, as of last night."


DC 11 Perception:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Tarvi is grinning up at Cassian, looking pleased with herself.

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"and how likely would it be that they would be able to handle panicked mounts?" he asks before musing to himself, "So far, I'm liking the decoy ploy." he looks at Janiven again, "Is it likely he would send his men after a decoy? and if so, how many would be likely to stay behind? I assume he would likely stay with the prisoner, no?"

"Depends on how confident Shanwen is feeling." Janiven answers honestly, if unhelpfully. "Even if I didn't think it was just a diversion, I wouldn't want to send more than half of my forces away from what I've been hired to guard though."


Cassian Merro wrote:
At the mention of horses, Cassian has a realization. "Hal the stablemaster is in the dottari cells sleeping off a drunk. Or was, as of last night."

Gorvio looks over at Cassian, "Well, that will make it even easier to get the horses." His voice quiet, but slightly more sure than it was before.

DC 10 Sense Motive:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
The kid totally jumped when Hal's name was mentioned and then seemed very relieved to hear he was in the drunk tank. And a bit worried.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Dice rolls:

I have no idea how many rolls you want when I come across a large spread of Sense Motives like that. I'm going with two. One for each GM post that mentions it.
SM: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
SM: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


if the larger objectives are better served by not killing hellknights then we should not Melilot says. if they are better served by killing them then we should

most who have spoken so far are either indifferent or believe killing them would have unwelcome consequences

Melilot does not sound like she has any real investment in the decision being made either way.

if we are trying for no deaths i might suggest a quick investment in tanglefoot bags Melilot says. even if we cannot afford enough blanket the entire guard detail their leader might be more willing to listen to reason if he is glued in place


Male Tiefling

As Rev still thinks it's best to eliminate the guards more permanently, he keeps quiet. He doesn't have anything to offer in way of knowing the locality. A small smirk, ask for information on the planes, or magic, or the gods and he could answer easily.

taking 10 on sense motive rolls except for the Dc 20 roll


Male Tiefling

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 sense motive to hit Dc 20


"So," Janiven says, "it sounds like the final dispensation of the the hellknights needs to be left to how much they want to assist us in keeping their blood in their skin. And we want," a tone of question in the word, not entirely sure if she read the comments of the others correctly, "to create a diversion that will draw at least some of the mounted guards from the wagon." She thinks for a moment, "I have some caltrops that we can use to keep those that break from the main force from being able to chance down the diversionary force, if we go with that plan."

"Then we can either drop some trees to box in the wagon, or just attack while the focus is elsewhere." Another quick pause, "If we are going with this ambush, I think the portion of the road that is heavily forested is our best bet. On horses, even if we have to double-up, we should be able to get there early enough to set a trap."

Looking around, "I think it would make sense for those who aren't as accustomed to combat to be the diversionary force, especially since not all of you," gesturing more to those who didn't make a harrowing run through the sewers the night before, "don't have weapons or armor." She smiles, just a bit wickedly, "Most would not consider a force of ten or eleven people," quickly leaving both Morosino and Jask out of her mental calculations, "to be just a diversionary force."

"Granted that would leave just the five of you," a pause, "or six if you want me to be on the attacking side, to deal with the five or six guards that will be left with the wagon." She smiles at Melilot, "Tanglefoot bags would come in quite handy at that point."

"Does that sound about right to you all?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian nods.


sure


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

"Yes," says Gravlax. "My friend will be ready."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar nods as well, "It does." He looks at Melilot, "Are we trying to get enough tanglefoot bags to affect all that remain?"

He looks over at Gravlax as he speaks, smiling amiably, "I have developed an interest in seeing this friend of yours. I assume by 'ready', you mean he will also be apprised of the situation?"


Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar nods as well, "It does." He looks at Melilot, "Are we trying to get enough tanglefoot bags to affect all that remain?"

how many can we afford


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar continues to smile, "Only one from me, I'm afraid. But do you think we'd be able to get any quantity in so short a time? Not to mention...well I guess this isn't exactly the type of thing that would be purchased out in the open anyway, now would it?"


Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar continues to smile, "Only one from me, I'm afraid. But do you think we'd be able to get any quantity is so short a time? Not to mention...well I guess this isn't exactly the type of thing that would be purchased out in the open anyway, now would it?"

it would probably be fairly idiotic to openly buy a number of tanglefoot bags a few hours before a troop of hellknights are assaulted with a number of tanglefoot bags yes Melilot says.

i can almost afford one i think


The plan decided on, everyone springs into motion (or something). The plan currently to meet at the Hal's Stables in Rego Crua in a few hours with the gear everyone feels is needed so that you can be in place with the ambush ready before the hellknight laded wagon passes by.

Azhar & Rev:
As people leave, Jask walks with the two of you, "I think I would be more of a hindrance than help on this mission, but I have some potions back at my apartment for the two of you... just in case." the old man says with seriousness.

It would be possible to purchase any mundane things that they feel they need, including any 'disguise' if it is so desired. These purchases can be assumed to have been okay'd within reason and can be taken care of in flex time. Additionally those who want to pick up either non-lethal weapons or ammunition would be able to do so as well. If there are any activities other than shopping that people would have wanted to attend to during this time, let me know, or we can cover it in flex time.

Melilot:
Depending on Melilot's plans, this would happen as people leave the old church or when you approach the stables.

Fiosa falls into step beside you, "I know this really isn't a safe way for you to stay out of notice," she smiles, turning relatively ordinary face, pretty, "but I couldn't think of anyone who would make a better rebel than you." Her hand picks at something in her pocket, nervous about how you will take that news.

Few of the rebels have real weapons, but most have picked up bats or sticks that will do for defense in a bind. The exceptions are Ermolos, who has a longsword, Rizzardo, with a heavy sword, and Larko, who has a crossbow. A quick discussion reveals that a few of the rebel forces have learned to ride, namely Ermolos, Gorvio, Larko, Rizzardo, Sclavo, Vitti, and Janiven. Gorvio brings out nine saddled horses and a pony, his voice quiet, "Sorry, these are all the saddles and tack the stables has. If anyone thinks they can ride bareback there are more horses..." he offers, unsure.

If any of the rebels have disguises, they have decided to wait until they are out of the city to don them. However, when Tarvi shows up, with a smile, she hands Cassian a small bag. And then tries to tempt Rygel with some kind of dried fruit. When the monkey ignores her, she hands that to Cassian as well.

Cassian:
Which has a red mask and vest inside, both monkey sized.

Janiven divides the caltrops she brought among the eleven people in the diversion party (Amaya, Ermolos, Fiosa, Gorvio, Larko, Mathalen, Rizzardo, Sclavo, Tarvi, Vitti, and Yakopulio) talking quietly with the serious Sclavo, going over the plan and his responsiblilty to ensure that all of the people in the diversion get away from the dangerous hellknight recruits once they have been drawn away from the main force.

And once everyone has arrived and figured out which of them can handle a horse, you all set off, ready to rescue the half-elf in distress.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Melilot Took wrote:

it would probably be fairly idiotic to openly buy a number of tanglefoot bags a few hours before a troop of hellknights are assaulted with a number of tanglefoot bags yes Melilot says.

i can almost afford one i think

Cassian mentally tallies his ill-gotten loot. "We can expense this, right?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian opens up the pouch, peers in, then glares at his sister. Sighing, he draws out a red mask and vest, both monkey sized. He looks at Rygel, perched on his shoulder. "Okay, pal. What do you say? I'll even call you the Red Menace of Westcrown if you want."

At the horses
Cassian scratches his head. "We're... um... we're doing this. All right. So, as it turns out, I don't actually ride horses. Really, I avoid anything that @#*!s bigger than my head."

At the ambush point
Cassian pulls the scarf from around his neck upward, revealing that it's actually a mask, midnight blue.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
He looks over at Gravlax as he speaks, smiling amiably, "I have developed an interest in seeing this friend of yours. I assume by 'ready', you mean he will also be apprised of the situation?"

"It is daylight now," Gravlax says. "I may have difficulty locating him."

GM:

After the meeting breaks up, Gravlax will intercept Sclavo. "I will not be at the rendezvous. Leave without me."


Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian opens up the pouch, peers in, then glares at his sister. Sighing, he draws out a red mask and vest, both monkey sized. He looks at Rygel, perched on his shoulder. "Okay, pal. What do you say? I'll even call you the Red Menace of Westcrown if you want."

The monkey looks at Cassian, then at the outfit with what can only be deemed a dubious expression.

Cassian wrote:

At the horses

Cassian scratches his head. "We're... um... we're doing this. All right. So, as it turns out, I don't actually ride horses. Really, I avoid anything that @#*!s bigger than my head."

"Well then, as always, I suggest that bare backing is dangerous to your health." the flame haired gnome quips. Then she wanders over to the pair of Fiosa and Melilot to see which of them would share the pony and which needs to share a horse with a larger person.

Gravalax:
The serious dark-skinned younger man looks at him appraisingly, "And you want me to be the one to break this news to the suspicious thief?" He sighs, "You realize, finding you will be high on his list if anything should go wrong."

He smiles, "Fine, I will bear the arrows to pass on your message. But you will need to buy me an ale to toast a successful rescue."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:
"I will buy you an ale and a dirk if you are unarmed, my friend. These are dangerous circles." Gravlax presses onto Sclavo a small handful of food scavenged from his communal kitchen."Befriend the monkey before disappointing its pet," he says.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM - Again:

A black-clad man bursts from the underbrush. Black gloves, black cloak, black mask, black blade. His outfit is entirely black except for the silver rapier strapped to his right hip.

"What ho!" he calls out, then holds up a hand as if to ask for silence. Lifts a (black) boot, and looks at the underside. "Did I step in something?" Puts the foot back down. Laughs. "An honest mistake, Hellknight."

He stands in a dramatic pose, hands on hips, head cocked to one side. "I am The Raven," he proclaims. "And you shall owe me a tithe if you are to pass!"

And a friendly reminder to the kind GM that he will Deflect the first ranged attack that would strike him.


Gravalax:
He smiles as he shakes his head, "These are allies, my friend. And I will never raise a blade to an ally."

His eyes grow sad, "I am saddened that you will not be there with us." He takes the food, "I don't think the monkey, nor his pet, are bribed so easy."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM/Sclavo:

Gravlax smiles back, a genuine smile. "Allies like these buy trouble. The blade is for the trouble, not the allies. Punches in the throat are for allies."

Gravlax shrugs. "If the monkey cannot be bribed, it can at least be sated."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Rev/Jask:

As people leave, Jask walks with the two of you, "I think I would be more of a hindrance than help on this mission, but I have some potions back at my apartment for the two of you... just in case." the old man says with seriousness.

Azhar seems to be in thought for a while as they walk. At last he begins to intone more to himself than his two companions.
"For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the message was lost.
For want of a message the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

Not exactly the point there, but it seems we should take account of all the assets we have at our disposal. What is it that you think might be of use?"

at the horses

Cassian wrote:
Cassian scratches his head. "We're... um... we're doing this. All right. So, as it turns out, I don't actually ride horses. Really, I avoid anything that @#*!s bigger than my head."

Azhar looks curiously at one of the horses. Gives it a carrot out of his pouch. He shakes his head, says as much to himself as anyone else, "It seems I too have forgotten how to ride, at least as well as I once did. ...though I'm sure I can still get to point b...with a saddle."


Male Tiefling
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

at the horses

Cassian wrote:
Cassian scratches his head. "We're... um... we're doing this. All right. So, as it turns out, I don't actually ride horses. Really, I avoid anything that @#*!s bigger than my head."
Azhar looks curiously at one of the horses. Gives it a carrot out of his pouch. He shakes his head, says as much to himself as anyone else, "It seems I too have forgotten how to ride, at least as well as I once did. ...though I'm sure I can still get to point b...with a saddle."

Rev shrugs. "I won't fall out of a saddle, but I'm not about to get on a horse without one."

Mana and Azhar:

Rev can levitate at will, would that make riding doubles easier... if we have to double up?

Rev nods to Jask as Azhar and he leave the meeting place, and Jask lets them know about having some potions that could help. "You really shouldn't get involved in this at all. I know you want your home to be free. Which by the way, I still don't really understand... I mean... why not just find a more hospitable home... but anyway, if thats's what you want... fine. I'll help. I know you want to walk free in the streets, but, it's not going to happen if you get caught, or someone who knows you're involved in this gets caught and talks and rats you out." Really, this is Rev's way of showing he cares for the old man. After all, he respects his mentor quite a bit, and is worried for him. "Since you're dead set on this tom-foolery, I'll do my best to free this city from the night spirits, or whatever they are... but... you need to keep a lower profile." He says to Jask.

Turns to Azhar, "Do you need to buy anything before we go, I can swing a little gold."

sorry to have to ask Mana, but it's not on my sheet, could you look at your program and let me know how much gold i have? thanks!!!


"I think the point is more that we get where we need to and unless we need to be on the horses while you want to ambush the wagon not knowing how to ride should be okay."

She smiles, "I guess that means those of us who have ridden a few times should take the horses who don't have saddles... Unless any of you are worried enough about it that you want to double with someone who is a little more comfortable with riding."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

"Yeah, I can still get there." Azhar swings himself up into the saddle. "I can still get there. Soon as everyone's ready, let's ride."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
chavamana wrote:
The monkey looks at Cassian, then at the outfit with what can only be deemed a dubious expression.

Cassian waggles the clothes.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
chavamana wrote:

"I think the point is more that we get where we need to and unless we need to be on the horses while you want to ambush the wagon not knowing how to ride should be okay."

She smiles, "I guess that means those of us who have ridden a few times should take the horses who don't have saddles... Unless any of you are worried enough about it that you want to double with someone who is a little more comfortable with riding."

"Guess there's a first time for everything," Cassian mutters as he mounts one of the horses.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Rev:
Levitate will make it easier on the horse, since you won't be adding weight to the creature.

95 gp, 3 sp, 9 cp

Rev and Azhar:
The old man smiles at the dark tiefling, "I could find another place to live, but I am far too old to find another home." His old eyes look across the water to the island in the middle of the river, a glint of something remembered. "And if I was just going to live somewhere else, that would make leaving Sargava and your journey here pointless."

When you get him back to the apartment he is renting, there is a hint of what he sees in the city. The old woman running the bakery his apartment sits above comes out when she sees your trio, a small sample of bread for 'the boys' and something a little sweeter for Jask.

Upstairs he presses a potion vial into each of your hands, "I know it's just the old man in me worrying, but I would prefer neither of you get hurt." potion of shield of faith, +2 shield bonus to AC for 1 minute


Gravalax:
With a raised eyebrow, "Then I will make sure to call you ally when delivering this message blows up on me."


Cassian Merro wrote:
chavamana wrote:
The monkey looks at Cassian, then at the outfit with what can only be deemed a dubious expression.
Cassian waggles the clothes.

The monkey holds out his arms to his friend, obviously willing to put up with this if he must. Once the outfit is on, Rygel starts to search through the little pockets, bounds up on to Cassian's shoulder, pulls out a banana chip and gnaws at the hard dried fruit.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM/Sclavo:
"Your integrity does you credit," Gravlax says, and strides off with purpose.


Sclavo and Gorvio lead out a few more placid geldings. The darker man looks around and seeing that just about everyone is there, quietly informs, "Gravalax asked me to let you all know that he did not think he would be able to make the rendezvous here. He also wanted to give you this snack for your monkey." Offering Cassian a small bag of nuts.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian puts a hand up. "Thanks, but Rygel really prefers his food to be of the unpoisoned variety. So, this is the second combat Gravlax is sitting out." With a glance to Janiven. "Good choice in recruitment."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar smiles perhaps just slightly strained at Cassian, "Not all change is manufactured through combat, my friend. I know you distrust him, and so far he has not given much reason for us to do so, but...time will tell, either way."


Janiven looks over at Cassian from the horse she is greeting, "I've been told once or twice that my choice in men is atrocious." She shrugs, "And better that he not come if he is going to be more detriment that help, I guess."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar smiles perhaps just slightly strained at Cassian, "Not all change is manufactured through combat, my friend. I know you distrust him, and so far he has not given much reason for us to do so, but...time will tell, either way."

"Who said anything about change?" He considers Azhar for a moment, and, not unkindly: "I don't need reasons to distrust. Reality in Westcrown does nicely."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Cassian Merro wrote:
"Who said anything about change?" He considers Azhar for a moment, and, not unkindly: "I don't need reasons to distrust. Reality in Westcrown does nicely."

Azhar's expression does not change much, he does seem to wear something of a smile the majority of the time. "Life is pain". It's a saying I've heard that could be just a pessimistic view, like "distrust is reality in Westcrown, or it could mean to live and experience life fully one must suffer. So perhaps we should distrust, but allow the distrusted to prove or disprove and find out what reality actually is in this instance....and possibly look to change the "reality" of Westcrown in the future." His smile reappears. "Hope that made more sense to you than it did to me. Sometimes I struggle with such things." He doesn't appear to be joking.


Melilot eyes the pony curiously.

i have never ridden but am willing to give it a try she says to Fiosa.

GM:
Melilot will buy herself a mask.


Fiosa:
chavamana wrote:
Fiosa falls into step beside you, "I know this really isn't a safe way for you to stay out of notice," she smiles, turning relatively ordinary face, pretty, "but I couldn't think of anyone who would make a better rebel than you." Her hand picks at something in her pocket, nervous about how you will take that news.

if i had wanted safety i would have left the country Melilot replies. but my success at it is yet to be proven


GM:
fiosa handle animal 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Melilot Took wrote:

Melilot eyes the pony curiously.

i have never ridden but am willing to give it a try she says to Fiosa.

Fiosa smiles at the even smaller blonde woman, "I'm no great shakes at riding, either." She goes up to the pony, offering it her hand to smell. The pony's head, almost immediately after scenting the woman, dips down to sniff at a pocket. Fiosa rolls her eyes, "I think we are in luck, Melilot, this one is bribe-able with carrots." Pulling a few of the tasty roots from her pocket and feeding them to the delighted pony.

As the two halflings have paired off for this expedition, Yako goes over the Mathalen. "If you keep me on the horse, I'll buy you that drink when we rescue the elf." Apparently slightly more used to the gnome's acidic tongue than some of the others, the short-haired woman lifts Yako with ease onto a horse. "Sounds like a plan."

Melilot:
With the same smile, Fiosa pulls a small stone from her pocket. "It isn't much... but you all definitely have the riskier job in this." With a quick, deep breath, and her smile turning slightly abashed, "So I want you to carry my lucky rock. Just in case." As she hands you the rock, it's smooth surface catches the light, refracting in the slightly crystalline structure.

It really is just a shiny, pretty rock.

401 to 450 of 9,364 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shadows Turn - Chavamana's CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.