Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows over Westcrown

Game Master chavamana


4,351 to 4,400 of 9,364 << first < prev | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | next > last >>

Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava/a:
He retakes his seat, takes a sip of his drink, answers with a half smile still playing around his mouth. "Well, at least I know I don't have to worry about your parents giving you away to someone else." A full smile finally breaks out as he chuckles to himself. "Okay, we've been doing some of the things that I've wanted to do. What do you want to do?"


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

post conversation of doom

His hands spend some time in the obvious places before he reaches around her torso and pulls her close enough to start planting kisses in the hollow of her collarbone.

His control finally breaks as he is kissing up her neck towards the spot just behind her ear. His hips begin to roll underneath her. He makes an incoherent noise of desire.

night after the mayor's ball

Okay, we'll hold off on it.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

The Raven looks at the shack, shakes his head, and says to the doctor, "Blood may require spilling this evening."

The Raven will leap, hustle, and generally parkour his way to the roof of the townhouse. He will first look for direct access, and if not available, will secure a hook and rope -- and go down to a window.

Here is an Acrobatics roll if required (armored, non-leaping): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Round 8:

Gravlax moves to attack the closest surviving nun.

Again, Leaping Attack

First Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 16

Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 plus if appropriate 1d6 ⇒ 5 precision

Second Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21

Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7 plus if appropriate 1d6 ⇒ 6 precision


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Round 8:
Cassian's blades flash.
Rolls without any buffs other than normal flank.
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4, 5, 2) + 1 = 13
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 4) + 1 = 13
Confirm offhand crit 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

GM:
Devildrome
"Well, clearly we get that now," says Cassian. "Oh well. Not like we can't get in there later."

Calseinica's
He writes back, 'I should hope so.' On his next trip, he leaves a shaving kit.

Gozran 24/Kraken's Ink
"I'm the one who's done a lot of things," Cassian says. "And if you're really good, I'll tell you about them sometime. Now you going to give me your name, or are we sticking with Bangs?"

Interrogation
Cassian bursts out laughing. "You still don't get it, do you? Well, I'll make sure to use little words, and maybe then something will sink into that little pea brain of yours. I. Don't. Trust. You. Until I do, you can stay tied up all you want. Now... I admit my reckoning of time is a little off. I sort of lost track of things while that b~!%~ was hitting me, but I'll bet you're starting to cramp. And every moment in those bonds you're getting worse and worse. You know what? You can actually lose blood flow to limbs that get tied up. Lose it long enough and the limb dies. Just shrivels up and dies. So I got all the time in the world, Freakshow. You're the one who's counting the hours."

Done with the conversation, Cassian begins to inspect the cell, looking for all the world like he's trying to find a way out.


female half-elf witch 15

Round 8:
Cast Blindness.

Fort Save DC 18: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Text: With another flick of her wand, Zsz says, "Velare." Cataracts sweep across one of the nun's eyes, leaving her sightless.


female half-elf witch 15

Janiven:
chavamana wrote:
"He makes his money as a carver, so you can find him at any of the street markets most days." A smile, "Unless he is out of town collecting more base material." A shrug, "Not horribly useful, I know, but he doesn't really keep to a schedule." She shakes her head, "You don't need an introduction from me."

Zsz smiles brightly. "Thanks, Janiven. I appreciate the advice."

Tarvi:
chavamana wrote:
"Just a guideline I've used." She answers honestly. "Plus there wasn't anyone in the group that interested me enough to make me question it."

"Ah. Well, then do let me know if that ever changes for any new member of the group," Zsz says. "As such a person would be quite interested in getting to know you better if that happened to be the case."

Vitti:
Zsz heads to the street market (possibly more than once, if necessary) to look for Vitti. She squints in the bright sunlight as she moves from stall to stall.


Azhar:
She sits up a little straighter, "First things first." She holds out the rings, "Do you know how much these cost?"

"I can't take these, it would be like I was using our attraction to blink you for money."


Gravlax:
As his hand play over the more obvious places, she vibrates against him. She pulls him just as tight as his arms slide around her torso. Her hands eventually traveling up to tangle in his hair and when his control break, her voice broken and gasping, just a single sound, a language meant only for him that clearly says, 'yes'.

The Raven:
Quoth The Raven wrote:
The Raven looks at the shack, shakes his head, and says to the doctor, "Blood may require spilling this evening."

The raven considers him for a moment. Its head cocks, "Can I drink it after it is spilled?"

Doth The Raven wrote:
The Raven will leap, hustle, and generally parkour his way to the roof of the townhouse. He will first look for direct access, and if not available, will secure a hook and rope -- and go down to a window.

1d100 ⇒ 76

There is, indeed, a trapdoor that leads into the building, but it feels like it is barred from the inside. Which give The Raven two possibly noisy entrances - breaking a glass window or breaking the trapdoor lock.

Cassian:
Devildrome
Janiven, still chuckling slightly, "When we do... We might want to check some of the statues that were lining the arena, if we want to see if one of them is the dead Pathfinder."

Calseinica's
And the time after that he gets a vial of oil that smells like chocolate.

Gozran 24/Kraken's Ink
"Hell, its better than 'Nice Ass' which is normally what cocky confidence men try to name me." A beat, "Thekla."

"What kind of jobs do you like to take these days?"

Interrogation
Her voice, hard and ice cold, "Oh, I get that you don't trust me. And I certainly don't trust you."

A pause and her eyes flash, "And my body is starting to cramp and I'm losing feeling in my arms." Fact, stated simply with very little feeling. "Her shadow, starts to move slightly, [b]"But how about this, untie me or you will be in here when they come back to torture me."


Door of the Sisterhood - Round 8
The dazed nun stands there, taking no actions. The un-dazed sister takes another step forward, closes her eyes for just a moment to concentrate her will, reloading her crossbow, aiming carefully that the spellcaster on the stairs and firing. (Zsz takes 8 points of damage and DC 11 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 is not poisoned.)

Gravlax moves to attack the closest surviving nun. But the nun manages to parry both of his sword strikes with slapping palms.

Azhar follows Gravlax to attack the nun that damaged Zsz, his first swing deflected, the second just barely breaking through the red robed woman.

With another flick of her wand, Zsz says, "Velare." Cataracts sweep across one of the nun's eyes, leaving her sightless.

Fiosa starts to bleed from the same point where Zsz was shot. (Zsz heals 5 hit points) Peeking down at the basement below and Cassian feels a warmth settle over him. Janiven takes a few more steps down the stairs shooting directly into the blinded nun. She still manages to deflect the arrow, almost supernaturally aware of the combat around her. Amaya moves down the stairs, pulling out her crossbow and loading it, hopeful she can be of help. Tarvi gets onto the first riser and waves a bolt of magic into the blind nun. Mathalen lets lose with a flurry of blows, somehow she manages to put just enough power behind the quick strikes to knock out the nun.

Taking a step since his intended target fell, Cassian's blades flash. And the blind nun dies a very, very quick death.

A few seconds after she falls, some of Cassian's wound heals. Then, a little bit after that Mathalen's wounds disappear. Looking near death but satisfied, Fiosa channels. Everyone that is not a dying nun heals 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 hit points.

Combat is over. Zsz is down 2 constitution. Fiosa heals herself twice 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 and is down 1 hp.

GM:
Door Nun -69 (dead)
Fire -15,-33,-43,-46,-83, -98 (dead)
Nun2 -64 (-10 hp) stable
nun3 -73 (very dead)
nun4 -67 (-13 hp) dying 1d20 + 4 - 12 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 12 = -6
nun5 -59 (-5 dying) 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 4 = 2
nun6 -73 (very dead)

Azhar -0
Cassian -0
Gravlax -0
Zsz -0 (-2 CON, -7 addl' HP)

Fiosa -1/23
Mathalen -0/40


Sisters of Eiseth
With the assassin nuns no longer trying to cut everyone free of the mortal coil, you are able to look around the ossuary. A large room are heavy with countless wooden shelves. In places, the shelves extend out into the room itself, creating something of a maze. Resting on the shelves are hundreds and hundreds of polished black pottery urns, each with a series of spidery scratches on the side that could be writing. Here and there between the shelves, in nooks and alcoves along the walls, hard cots provide spartan beds.

Looking around the urns, all of the jars are labelled in Infernal.

Infernal:
A name, a reason for thier assassination, and a date of assassination.

The ashes go back 150 years but over two-thirds of the ashes are 70 years or older.

Infernal, 5-minutes of searching, and DC 30 Perception:
A urn with the name Coriana Heavenscape.
Infernal, 10-minutes of searching, and DC 26 Perception:
A urn with the name Coriana Heavenscape.


female half-elf witch 15

Sisters of Eiseth

Zsz pulls the crossbow quarrel out of her arm and begins looking through the shelves of urns.

"I hate constitution damage," Zsz remarks idly. "I feel like Galt after that day they decided to let toddlers vote on all the amendments."

"Any of you up for going for drinks when we're done here? I wouldn't mind one, personally."

She thinks for a moment, then sends a Message Fiosa's way.

Fiosa:
("And as I'm reasonably certain you saved my life rather directly, at some cost to your own health, I hope you let me buy you one.")


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:
the raven doctor saith wrote:
The raven considers him for a moment. Its head cocks, "Can I drink it after it is spilled?"

"Blood spilled is like food dropped into the street." The Raven shrugs. "I'm not sure the five seconds rule applies."

In a choice between two potentially noisy and potentially flashy entraces, The Raven chooses the flashier.

He attaches the grappling hook to the window, and will enter the room by crashing through the window, pausing to pose.

No idea what sort of roll this would be. Climb?

Here is a Climb roll: 1d120 + 8 ⇒ (54) + 8 = 62

Ha ha ha whoops, here is a real one: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Sisters of Eiseth

Gravlax starts to search a different part of the ossuary.

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Any of you up for going for drinks when we're done here? I wouldn't mind one, personally."

"I'm up for a drink," he says. "To wash the taste of dead people ashes out of my mouth, if nothing else."

dice:

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

He tries to press as many points of contact against her as possible, kissing her passionately, as though he is hungry, hungry for her. No pretense of subtlety remains, and his desire is evident.

He tips her backward and leans forward, getting his legs underneath him, and standing. One hand slips down to hold her up, the other continuing to hold her tightly to him.

He continues to want her.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

GM:
Devildrome
"Sure, why not?"

Calseinica's
'See you on the 10th.'

Gozran 24/Kraken's Ink
"I have no way to judge your ass, Blondie. Yet." He gives her a little grin. "Seriously, though, I'm a thief and a spy. I do that kind of thing.

Interrogation
Cassian sighs wearily. "Look, Freakshow. I'm trying to help you, but you're clearly too stupid to take it when it's given. Now you're going to learn a lesson about threatening someone who isn't brain damaged."

He walks over, shaking his head sadly at her. "Oh, Freakshow. If only you were a tiny bit smarter, you'd be escaping with me right now. Instead, you're going to go to sleep. Have fun with the halfling. Night, stupid." He shadowstrikes her until she falls asleep, and then "escapes."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava/a:
Amaya wrote:

She sits up a little straighter, "First things first." She holds out the rings, "Do you know how much these cost?"

"I can't take these, it would be like I was using our attraction to blink you for money."

"I do. I bought them." Azhar almost smirks, but his smile broadens, he reaches out and closes her fingers around the jewelry. "I bought them for you, because I want you to be protected. And I want at least the chance to spend more time with you." he draws back, taking a breath, "Look. I know I pressed things too quickly, but I meant what I said. I care about you, and these were gifts I want you to have even if you decide you don't want to see me anymore. It's what I am choosing to do, so you don't have to feel guilty at all, okay?" he sits back, "I really want you to have them."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian points out the jar that says Coriana Heavenscape on it. "We talking to her now or later?"


female half-elf witch 15
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian points out the jar that says Coriana Heavenscape on it. "We talking to her now or later?"

Zsz looks to those who have the candles.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar produces the two candles he carries for anyone to use.
am busy irl: feel free to continue with one or more if necessary


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian points out the jar that says Coriana Heavenscape on it. "We talking to her now or later?"

"Do we have any idea how many nuns live here?" Gravlax asks. He continues to look at name plaques, even after Coriana's remains are identified.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
"Do we have any idea how many nuns live here?" Gravlax asks. He continues to look at name plaques, even after Coriana's remains are identified.

Cassian attempts to come up with an answer to Gravlax's question.

Knowledge: Local 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
Rygel assist 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Cassian Merro wrote:
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
"Do we have any idea how many nuns live here?" Gravlax asks. He continues to look at name plaques, even after Coriana's remains are identified.
Cassian attempts to come up with an answer to Gravlax's question.

Cassian:
The Sisters of Eiseth in Westcrown is a small order which has been on the decline since the rise of diabolism in Cheliax. It is possible that the six sisters the group disabled or killed is the entirety of the religious sect. It is possible, but unlikely, that there are one or two more out on assignment.

Additionally, having looked into the order, Cassian found that the number of assassinations the current sisterhood is responsible for is far lower than what is traditional. They do have a contract with the Wiscrani government to cremate 'unwanted' remains.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

After thinking it over and having a short (and unintelligible) discussion with Rygel, Cassian comes back with, "That was probably all of them. We're safe enough to do the seance here, or we can easily transport the ashes elsewhere to one of Janiven's safehouses."


Sisters of Eiseth

Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:

Gravlax starts to search a different part of the ossuary.

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Any of you up for going for drinks when we're done here? I wouldn't mind one, personally."
"I'm up for a drink," he says. "To wash the taste of dead people ashes out of my mouth, if nothing else."

"I'll buy a round," Janiven comments. A quirk of her lips, And another for anyone who got injured, if they want it."

Fioda nods at Zsz's words. Still looking tired, but happier. From the back of the room where she is searching for the pathfinder's ashes, "After we question the psychic vibrations of Coriana remaining in her physical remains? Sure."

Tarvi, on the other hand, suddenly breaks out in a bright smile. In a 'whisper' to her brother, far too loud to have a chance of being unheard. "That's how..." A wider smile, "It finally clicked. I totally know how to finish the necklace I've been working on." It seems likely she completely missed the drinking question.

Mathalen, looks up from her examination of her scorched clothing. "F~@~ yes. Booze."


Questioning the Dead - Coriana

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar produces the two candles he carries for anyone to use.

When someone places the candle on the ashes and lights it (where ever that may happen) the flame burns for a moment, flickers, turns a deep azure blue, and begins to smoke. Slowly the smoke forms the shape of a curvy woman's body with long hair, all in shades of gray.

The smoke woman looks around at each of you, curiosity clear on the smoky features.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Zsz:
Tarvi
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Sense Motive on Zsz, Tarvi is trying to get if Zsz is speaking in polite generals or is just using evasive wording.

... wow. Good roll there. However, that does just count as a hunch, so please don't feel you have to give more than you are comfortable with.

Vitti
Zsz eventually finds the carver in an out of the way corner of a lesser market. The corner the quiet man choose is heavily shaded by thick trees and is buiser than Zsz would expect.

The carvings laid out on the hand woven cotton mat are nature-themed, the wood perfectly choosen to 'color' the figures and of a fine quality. The green-haired man smiles at Zsz when he notices her and seems to pick up his bartering speed, trying to hurry along the general public.

When they have a little privacy, he bows his head. "Message from on high, just passing through, or do you require my assistance in some manner?"

Fiosa - at a private moment post-Sisters
"I'm sure you would have done the same, if our positions were reversed." Fiosa says with far more confident than is strictly sane with someone they haven't known for long. "And I wasn't sure if you wanted me to bring it up around the others, but I think I can repair the damage the posion the assassin's were using."

"With your permission?"


The Raven:
I'd normally call it an Acrobatics, crashing through a window is more of a controlled fall than climbing. Either way, good enough roll.

Moments after he pauses, the raven lands on his shoulder, looking for all the world like the man summoned her there.

The loud entrance, however, wakes the man who had been sleeping peacefully on the bed. A shout, a demand to know what the hell The Raven (not using the name, of course) is doing.


Gravlax:
Mathalen
Her own response is fed by his passion, her legs tight around his waist, her body alternately pressed against him and writheing into him.

A growl of protest as their bodies part slightly when he lifts himself to their feet, her legs immediately working against gravity to keep him close.

She tugs at his pants when he stands, trying to rid him of the impeding cloth as quickly as she can, only barely keeping herself from ripping them from him body.

Ashes
There are, indeed, ashes that would no doubt be appreciated were they to be returned to the families. There are also many ashes from families that are completely unfamiliar to Gravlax.


Cassian:
Devildrome
Janiven nods, Tarvi looks far more excited than she should be allowed to be. "Tonight? Or give it a little time so our little performance isn't remembered if something goes wrong?"

Gozran 24/Kraken's Ink
She nods, a small grin in response. "Then I'd guess you're already trained and able to find jobs for yourself." Her hazel eyes sparkle with interest, "Which means that the first question is, what are you trying to get for yourself from our friendly little social club? Because that would be the determining factor." She studies him carefully, a serious edge beneath the friendly surface as she waits for his answer.

Interrogation
As he walks over, before he starts to pummel her into unconsciousness - which frankly probably wouldn't take more than a hit or two. She winces, swears, "F+##. Look, we are obviously coming at this from the same damn problem." She rolls slightly so that she can look up at him more easily.

"Mine? I know you are lying to me. You are not the person who hired me, nor one of his lackeys. While I'm sure there are humans in some part of his schemes, he doesn't trust most of them." Her eyes flare, "So, we make this a deal rather than a game of trust... What do you want to untie me?"

Azhar:
She lets that roll through her mind, clearly arguing with herself about the cost versus the freedom everyone should have to do as they wish.

Finally, She nods. "Thank you, Azhar. I will continue to work at keeping myself not-dead."


GM:
Door Nun -69 (dead)
Fire -15,-33,-43,-46,-83, -98 (dead)
Nun2 -64 (-10 hp) stable
nun3 -73 (very dead)
nun4 -67 (-14 hp) dying 1d20 + 4 - 13 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 13 = -3
nun5 -59 (-6 dying) 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 5 = 0
nun6 -73 (very dead)

Azhar -0
Cassian -0
Gravlax -0
Zsz -0 (-2 CON, -7 addl' HP)

Fiosa -1/23
Mathalen -0/40


female half-elf witch 15

Tarvi:
Zsz is, basically, asking Tarvi out, but she is consciously doing so in a mild and indirect manner so that if Tarvi turns out to be uninterested she can brush it off with both the asking and the rejection having less of a chance of causing any awkwardness in their friendship. Zsz would likely become a bit less coy if Tarvi shows any interest, and would likely drop the subject if she doesn't.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

The Raven strides over to the man, drawing his sword.

"I am The Raven, insert name of man here, and I am here to offer you a choice. Although if you do not lower your voice, I will kill you in your bed."

Let's go with an Intimidation roll here. I do want him to keep his voice down. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

As she writhes into him, he twitches into her in response. Call and answer.

After standing, he uses one to hand to loosen his pants, stepping free of all lower-body covering as he turns and carries her to the bed.

He sets her down, and his hands go to her waist, her pants. He makes a small yet urgent noise, and tugs at them, trying to step away and pull them free.

Hopefully she realizes what he is doing before he tears them from her -- which is what will happen if she resists the attempt to briefly part.


female half-elf witch 15

Vitti:
"Purely private business, actually," Zsz says cheerily. "I'm planning a rather major bout of redecoration and I've been reliably informed that you're the man to see."

And incidentally, what is Zsz's 50 gp rent getting her, exactly, so that what's needed can be figured out?

Fiosa:
"Certainly, if it wouldn't be too much trouble," Zsz replies. "I'd been planning to sleep it off, but rendering that unnecessary would be delightful."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female half-elf witch 15

Questioning the Dead - Coriana

chavamana wrote:

When someone places the candle on the ashes and lights it (where ever that may happen) the flame burns for a moment, flickers, turns a deep azure blue, and begins to smoke. Slowly the smoke forms the shape of a curvy woman's body with long hair, all in shades of gray.

The smoke woman looks around at each of you, curiosity clear on the smoky features.

"Hello, Ms. Heavenscape," Zsz says pleasantly. "We've been tasked by the Pathfinders with uncovering lost knowledge connected to the lodge of Delvehaven, which may be crucial in ending a dire threat to the city of Westcrown."

"We were wondering if you could tell us how to get into Delvehaven safely, without setting off whatever traps were left by the local Pathfinders. And also, perhaps, a bit about events from Bisby's return to Westcrown to the sealing of Delvehaven ... particularly anything about the artifact Bisby brought back from Mwangi, or the ultimate fates of Bisby, Liriam, and Sivanshin."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
chavamana wrote:
Tarvi, on the other hand, suddenly breaks out in a bright smile. In a 'whisper' to her brother, far too loud to have a chance of being unheard. "That's how..." A wider smile, "It finally clicked. I totally know how to finish the necklace I've been working on." It seems likely she completely missed the drinking question.

"There are very few problems that can't be solved with nun murder."

GM:
Devildrome
"We'll come back in a few nights."

Gozran 24/Kraken's Ink
"Like you said, it's a social club. Thought I'd get out more." He looks her over. "And you lot could probably use a professional like me."

Interrogation
"Didn't realize you knew every single corner of the operation," Cassian says, slowly and sarcastically, since that's the only tone of voice this dunce seems to understand. "I mean, you've already displayed such stunning intelligence, I shouldn't be shocked that you know literally every single cell. Look, you can talk to me or not. I don't really care anymore."

I'm done with this scene. It is not fun.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Melilot and Rev:
Cassian will seek out Melilot and Rev probably a day or so after Sian's capture. "Well, my plan didn't work," he says. "So Sian is all yours. Some warnings: do not presuppose she has even rudimentary intelligence. She doesn't even seem to understand the concept of self-preservation. And it's not the clear-eyed unconcern of the fanatic. She's just a mercenary. It's also not the 'who cares what you do to me because my employer will do so much worse' variety. It's that she legitimately does not understand the concept of keeping herself from harm." He shakes his head. "She couldn't even wrap her head around the concept of being tied up. It was... baffling."

He turns to Melilot. "So I wanted to warn you, specifically. I don't think she will be able to connect pain in her hand with you cutting her fingers off. She is literally that stupid. I've never seen anything like it."

To both of them, he says, "Look, I tried. I really did. But taking her prisoner was your call, Rev. So I'm leaving it to you. Good luck."

Cassian will hang around for questions, but will otherwise leave.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

GM:
1d20 ⇒ 4
Questioning the Dead - Coriana
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

"Hello, Ms. Heavenscape," Zsz says pleasantly. "We've been tasked by the Pathfinders with uncovering lost knowledge connected to the lodge of Delvehaven, which may be crucial in ending a dire threat to the city of Westcrown."

"We were wondering if you could tell us how to get into Delvehaven safely, without setting off whatever traps were left by the local Pathfinders. And also, perhaps, a bit about events from Bisby's return to Westcrown to the sealing of Delvehaven ... particularly anything about the artifact Bisby brought back from Mwangi, or the ultimate fates of Bisby, Liriam, and Sivanshin."

The diminutive smoke woman smiles at her name, her eyes absolutely focused on all of you but not seeing you as you are. "For pathfinders like you, slipping past the seal shouldn't be that hard. Or if you borrow any of the lodge's wayfinders." The gray back straightens. "I know, you can borrow mine." She reaches into herself, where a belt pouch would have been, once upon a time, and holds out a circular whisp of smoke. "Just as long as you stay within its light."

The eyes sharpen, "Just remember, what we sealed in there is part of history. To hide it away, to lie about it once you have brought it into the light of morning is vile."

Zsz:
The GM is aware that more questions were asked. And should the conversation be continued, they will not be forgotten.

A pause, a pleading in her stance, "Did the resistance keep that devil-bonded family out of Westcrown?"


female half-elf witch 15
Cassian Merro wrote:
"There are very few problems that can't be solved with nun murder."

"I once knew someone who used it to get the most stubborn of stains out of clothing and furniture," Zsz remarks absently.


female half-elf witch 15
chavamana wrote:
The eyes sharpen, "Just remember, what we sealed in there is part of history. To hide it away, to lie about it once you have brought it into the light of morning is vile."

"Of course," Zsz replies.

chavamana wrote:
A pause, a pleading in her stance, "Did the resistance keep that devil-bonded family out of Westcrown?"

"House Thrune is still powerful," Zsz answers, "But the resistance nonetheless still fights on."


Cassian and Rev:
Cassian Merro wrote:
He turns to Melilot. "So I wanted to warn you, specifically. I don't think she will be able to connect pain in her hand with you cutting her fingers off. She is literally that stupid. I've never seen anything like it."

noted Melilot replies. thank you


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Questioning the Dead - Coriana

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"House Thrune is still powerful," Zsz answers, "But the resistance nonetheless still fights on."

"And Westcrown lies in darkness," Gravlax shakes his head. "But that is why we seek to learn more about the artifact."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Questioning the Dead - Coriana

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"House Thrune is still powerful," Zsz answers, "But the resistance nonetheless still fights on."
The head turns, a smile blooming on the lips, the stance straightening. All giving a potent image of how vivid and proud Coriana must been in life.
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
"And Westcrown lies in darkness," Gravlax shakes his head. "But that is why we seek to learn more about the artifact."

She twists, the smoke moving erratically as if lashed by a wind, even in the stillness of the building. "Darkness?" Her head cocks slightly to the side, "And you think Bisby's artifact may have something to do with that?"

"Dontalus and Ilnerik." The traces of fond sorrow under the wispy words. "We had given them up for dead, lost in the Expanse trying to find Jaytirian. And then one day, years after Aiger had marked them as lost in the Delvehaven's books, they come stumbling off a ship, worn drawn, and aged decades beyond their years. The only survivors of one of out lodge's more successful explorers, the Amber Privateers."

She straightens more, reflexively swallowing, even though her body is long to ash. "And... the stories they brought back, horrid. Cannibalism, simian demons, jungle rot, and river madness. How they survived... what they had to do. It's really no wonder they weren't the cohesive duo that had left Westcrown years before."

Another lightning-quick flicker, and when the smoke still her hands are clasping together in front of her, "Not that we say how deep the divide was when they first came back, it took a few weeks for us to see the strain. And then..." Anger and deep soul weary sadness, "Aroden was supposed to set foot... and instead." She shrugs.

The smoke shakes, re-centering her. "We didn't know how bad it would be." A fond smile, "Aiger decided to hold of on sending in a report until we had a chance to truly examine the prize that took so many lives." A touch of wonder, the glint of obsession that must have driven her to the Pathfinders.

"It was an incredible piece, the Aohl. A golden eagle's head interlocked with that of an obsidian bat." Shakes her head, "You could feel the power locked in it, but we never had a chance to find out what it did. The notes and rubbings Ilnerik took suggested a culture with a dualistic pantheon, true balance."

Her gaze flickers around the group, searching for the eyes of anyone who truly understands the excitement at such a find. "Can you imagine what lost secrets we could have uncovered if we had been given the time to really unlock Jaytirian's cultural and religious life?"


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava/a:
Amaya wrote:
She lets that roll through her mind, clearly arguing with herself about the cost versus the freedom everyone should have to do as they wish.Finally, She nods. "Thank you, Azhar. I will continue to work at keeping myself not-dead."

"I'm glad." Azhar says, his hand stroking hers lightly, clearly dialing it back a notch. "I want you to be happy."

"Did you still want to check with Zsz about dinner sometime? Or should we let that go for a while?"


female half-elf witch 15

GM:
Just in case, checking to see if Zsz has any knowledge about Jaytirian or the Aohl.

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Questioning the Dead - Coriana

Coriana wrote:
She twists, the smoke moving erratically as if lashed by a wind, even in the stillness of the building. "Darkness?" Her head cocks slightly to the side, "And you think Bisby's artifact may have something to do with that?"

"It is quite possible."

Coriana wrote:
The smoke shakes, re-centering her. "We didn't know how bad it would be." A fond smile, "Aiger decided to hold off on sending in a report until we had a chance to truly examine the prize that took so many lives." A touch of wonder, the glint of obsession that must have driven her to the Pathfinders."It was an incredible piece, the Aohl. A golden eagle's head interlocked with that of an obsidian bat." Shakes her head, "You could feel the power locked in it, but we never had a chance to find out what it did. The notes and rubbings Ilnerik took suggested a culture with a dualistic pantheon, true balance."Her gaze flickers around the group, searching for the eyes of anyone who truly understands the excitement at such a find. "Can you imagine what lost secrets we could have uncovered if we had been given the time to really unlock Jaytirian's cultural and religious life?"

"Where are Bisby's notes? Perhaps once we have freed Westcrown I can look further into Jaytirian's secrets, but I think for now our priorities must remain here." Azhar's fingers touch the wayfinder, Coriana's wayfinder, in something approaching a caress. It is quite possible that he actually is considering disappearing into the Expanse once he considers his current duties here complete, inhospitable as the description of the jungle morass may have been. "How complete do you think their study of Jaytirian may have been?" Azhar seems very focused on the spirit. Almost intrigued, even beyond the subject matter at hand. How long has it been since he and his brother wandered into Westcrown to ensure a friend safe passage? "My brother and I were

Just about to head into the depths of Sargava and the Mwangi Expanse when we we're sidetracked here. I may yet meet up with him later, assuming he has decided to continue on without me."


Cassian:
Devildrome
Checking into the management/schedule of the Devildrome, Cassian is able to determine that it normally closes up about two hours before curfew and that Lucca always heads home to shabby but comfortable residence in northern edge of Rego Pena.

Janiven nods, "Just drop me a line."

Gozran 24/Kraken's Ink
She nods, slides off the table. "I'll show you the more social areas." She starts to head towards one of the doors. (And she does have a rather pert ass.) Commenting over her shoulder, "Any jobs through the guild takes a ten percent before any split that the participants arrange."

She opens the door, down a sloping hall and into a decently sized room with a small bar tended by a very large half-orc and a number of scattered tables. One table has a card game going and the suspicious looks at the new person are remarkably non-hostile.

"For jobs - heavy, wet, or not noticed until it is too late?" As she stops at the bar, motioning to herself and Cassian. The half-orc pours her a virulent green liquid and then stares at Cassian.


Zsz:
Tarvi
Tarvi doesn't stop, but there is a momentarily pause in her step as she looks at Zsz with sharp, sapphire eyes. The smile that steals over her is a happy, friendly one. "I think I may be a little slower to jump into bed than some people in our little group, but there is someone who has just gotten back to Westcrown that I wouldn't mind getting to know better."

Vitti
Vitti doesn't smile, but he straightens, his body inflating slightly with some positive emotion. "I am always pleased when people positively recommend my work. How much of a modification to your abode were you hoping for?"

For 50 gp/month you have a decently sized apartment. Others have a resonable joint living space containing a kitchen, two smaller bedrooms and a bath with a tub (no running hot water). However there can be taps of cold water, and there can be a 'hot' tap of copper pipes that run on the exterior of the building to be heated via solar radiation. As long is about that overall space / luxury you can shift it to your comfort. Additionally, as long as I don't specifically call out food/fees as costing something, you can assume that is part of the lifestyle you are paying for monthly.

Fiosa
She lays her callused hand on Zsz wrist, not closing it just touching, and a summer's day warmth spreads through Zsz healing her of 1d4 ⇒ 3 constitution damage.

Then, very politely, "Maybe later, if you would like, I can show you were there are some boutiques that make clothing that would be similar to the attire you like and light enough not to weigh you down." Suddenly realizing that could be taken as offensive, she quickly explains, "Not that you don't have a fine, attractive body that you should be proud of, but it did seem to distract... some of the others when the death eater dropped you."


The Raven:
Let's go with Lefty... I don't know why. & 1d20 ⇒ 4

Merchant Lefty does stop screaming, but he looks neither impressed nor frightened. "Well, raven" the diminutive use of the title clear in his voice. "As I see it you have less than a minute to leave before my men cut you to ribbons." Dismissive and defiant.

The raven, clearly not trying to be helpful to either party just asks The Raven. "The blue eyes are pretty, can I eat them?" The man does seem to be reaching for a sword leaning against the wall on the far side of the large canopy bed.


Gravlax:
She doesn't in the first instance, a unhappy growl, but then the fog of need... doesn't fade so much a clears for a second, her legs unwrapping from him, her lower body arching to let the material clear.

The instant that he starts to step back her hand goes up, behind his neck, her upper body lifting from the bed, pulling him into a hungry kiss.


GM:
Door Nun -69 (dead)
Fire -15,-33,-43,-46,-83, -98 (dead)
Nun2 -64 (-10 hp) stable
nun3 -73 (very dead)
nun4 -67 (-14 hp) dying 1d20 + 4 - 14 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 14 = 0
nun5 -59 (-6 dying) 1d20 + 4 - 6 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 6 = 17
nun6 -73 (very dead)

Azhar -0
Cassian -0
Gravlax -0
Zsz -0 (-2 CON, -7 addl' HP)

Fiosa -1/23
Mathalen -0/40


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Devildrome
"Will do," Cassian says. "Probably the night after tomorrow." He, of course, is going to walk Tarvi home, because she should not be left out after dark.

When they get home, he ruffles Tarvi's hair. "Well, Tadpole? What did you think about your first real job?"

After the Drome
Cassian sits alone in his room long after dark. Still twitchy from the job, as well as the teasing. He waits patiently until Tarvi is fast asleep. Then, he sneaks out, heading for Janiven's to fulfill her fantasy.

He moves swiftly and silently.

Gozran 24/Kraken's Ink
"Ten percent is a reasonable finder's fee," Cassian says thoughtfully, taking in the room. "Jobwise, I don't like to be noticed. Violence doesn't bother me, but I don't like it for its own sake."

He turns to the half orc. "Rum."

"What about you, Blondie? You have a specialty?"


Azhar:
She really trys to not show the itty-bitty jealousy that she feels when he brings up the beautiful, dark-skinned woman, but Azhar does detect it - she doesn't seem to be letting it affect her decision making. "It would be nice to get to know her better... she really doesn't like to talk about herself much, more suggest things without actually letting you know anything."

Cassian:
Devildrome
Tarvi looks a bit surprised. "That was a job?"

"But..." a jumble of pride if it is true but not convinced her brother is just trying to boost her ego. "...I didn't do anything really. I mean just got visually gropped by..." she considers her word choice, "men who need to bathe more often."

Then her eyes spark as she remembers what she did before that, "Oh! And pointing out the red-head.... Who is she anyway?"

After the Drome
He know the best paths to Janiven's apartment. He has two obvious routes into Janiven's large studio room. The first would be to pick the exterior lock (child's play for Cassian) and then the multiple locks she has on her door (harder for the rogue but well within his talent if he takes his time). The second would be to climb from the roof to her top-story windows and pick the lock on one of them.

Gozran 24/Kraken's Ink
The green-gray man reaches behind him, not looking, and grabs to bottles, one a light amber and the other so deeply brown it is almost black. Thekla looks at the bartender for a moment, an interested smile creeping onto her lips, as she looks back at Cassian, looking at the rogue more intently for a bit before she speaks.

"Over the years I've had to do it all. I try to not play the part of a heavy, you wouldn't believe what you have to do to make someone believe that you will hurt them without actually hurting them when 'ya'll just a little gal'."

"Nowadays, most of the jobs I shepherd are of the 'not seen' variety." A rolling shrug, "Which is probably why the boys at the door directed you to me instead of one of the others." She takes a small drink from her booze. As she does so, her sleeve falls down a bit and Cassian's keen eyes can pick out a tattoo in a ink so close to her skin color that most people wouldn't be able to pick it out without knowing it should be there.

The tattoo is intricate, and appears to be a bleeding and bloody monster with a snake's body and the face of a woman. The creature has four distantly bleeding wounds.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava/a:
Gozran 22
Amaya wrote:
She really trys to not show the itty-bitty jealousy that she feels when he brings up the beautiful, dark-skinned woman, but Azhar does detect it - she doesn't seem to be letting it affect her decision making. "It would be nice to get to know her better... she really doesn't like to talk about herself much, more suggest things without actually letting you know anything."

Azhar smiles a small genuine smile. "So when are you thinking? Later this afternoon? Maybe tomorrow? Tomorrow might be better, I think, unless you have other plans. I guess we could wait a little longer." he tries to create something of a wistful nature in his demeanor...

bluff: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 4 = 8
but it's obvious that he's acting and bursts into a broad grin afterwards.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Devildrome
"Chammady... something. It'll come to me. She was at the big party at the mayor's place but cut out before the orgy got started. Don't worry, Tadpole, no one you know participated. Honestly, there was no one left that I wanted to sleep with. That I wasn't already, I mean."

"As for who she is, I'm not really sure. Well, I know she's a noble. I know she's wealthy and well-connected. And I know she has a list of suitors around the block. And now, thanks to you, I know she's packing more magic items than I am. I don't like her, Tarv. She's up to something, and I'm going to find out what."

Cassian means this. In the coming days, he will research her and check out her home.

After the Drome
Cassian is going through the front door, and he will take his time.

Gozran 24/Kraken's Ink
Cassian snorts. "Didn't know there was anyone left who thinks ladies can't handle themselves. Actually, I take that back. I can think of one off the top of my head... apparently all combat is based around upper body strength. Doesn't take much of that to plant a blade in someone's liver, and he's seen me do that. Many, many times." Cassian pauses. "Well, not many many. I'm not a psychopath."

He chuckles. "At first, I thought I was going to have to fight you. Gotta admit, I prefer this."

He sifts through any bowls of nuts or other snacks, selects one, and hands it to Rygel. "So what's with the tattoo? And do you have more of them?"


Questioning the Dead - Coriana

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:

"Where are Bisby's notes? Perhaps once we have freed Westcrown I can look further into Jaytirian's secrets, but I think for now our priorities must remain here." Azhar's fingers touch the wayfinder, Coriana's wayfinder, in something approaching a caress. It is quite possible that he actually is considering disappearing into the Expanse once he considers his current duties here complete, inhospitable as the description of the jungle morass may have been. "How complete do you think their study of Jaytirian may have been?" Azhar seems very focused on the spirit. Almost intrigued, even beyond the subject matter at hand. How long has it been since he and his brother wandered into Westcrown to ensure a friend safe passage? "My brother and I were

Just about to head into the depths of Sargava and the Mwangi Expanse when we we're sidetracked here. I may yet meet up with him later, assuming he has decided to continue on without me."

"Dontalus probably has his notes." Smoke Coriana's head cocks. "Or maybe Ilnerik has them, I mean he is the scribe."

"If Ilnerik has them..." a shrug. "Dontalus and Ilnerik started fighing a month or so ago and Ilnerik just dissappeared last week."

Zsz:
Zsz knows just about everything that is known about Jaytirian... Sadly this isn't a great deal. The culture existed during the same time as Old-Mage Jatambe (a long long time ago) and the reasons behind their dissappearance/fall is still unknown but there are rumors of cannibalism and sub-humans lurking in the remains of the city.

More information than what Coriana said would require a K:religion.


GM:
Door Nun -69 (dead)
Fire -15,-33,-43,-46,-83, -98 (dead)
Nun2 -64 (-10 hp) stable
nun3 -73 (very dead)
nun4 -67 (-15 hp) dying 1d20 + 4 - 15 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 15 = 7
nun5 -59 (-6) stable
nun6 -73 (very dead)

Azhar -0
Cassian -0
Gravlax -0
Zsz -0 (-2 CON, -7 addl' HP)

Fiosa -1/23
Mathalen -0/40


female half-elf witch 15

Tarvi:
chavamana wrote:
Tarvi doesn't stop, but there is a momentarily pause in her step as she looks at Zsz with sharp, sapphire eyes. The smile that steals over her is a happy, friendly one. "I think I may be a little slower to jump into bed than some people in our little group, but there is someone who has just gotten back to Westcrown that I wouldn't mind getting to know better."

Zsz's answering smile is extremely high-wattage. "Oh, I'm glad," she says happily. "So ... should getting to know each other better involve something along the lines of dinner and a show, or something more along the lines of packing a lunch and breaking into abandoned buildings until we find something interesting?"

Vitti:
chavamana wrote:
Vitti doesn't smile, but he straightens, his body inflating slightly with some positive emotion. "I am always pleased when people positively recommend my work. How much of a modification to your abode were you hoping for?"

"The extent of them depends someone on the expense involved, I'm sad to say," Zsz admits. "I was hoping to give it much more of a 'natural cavern' feel. I don't sleep well unless it's completely dark. But my funds for doing so are, alas, not limitless." She thinks for a moment. "A lock on the bathroom door that cannot be opened from the outside would also be nice."

Fiosa:
chavamana wrote:
Then, very politely, "Maybe later, if you would like, I can show you were there are some boutiques that make clothing that would be similar to the attire you like and light enough not to weigh you down." Suddenly realizing that could be taken as offensive, she quickly explains, "Not that you don't have a fine, attractive body that you should be proud of, but it did seem to distract... some of the others when the death eater dropped you."

"Why, thank you, Fiosa, I do appreciate it, but solving the problem with magic is half the point. I shall simply have to endeavor not to fall unconscious again." She thinks for a moment. "I suppose if it was very distracting, it might be a sensible precaution to buy some lingerie, though. Do the boutiques cover that? We could shop for some together!"

"Was that a death eater? I didn't even see the tattoo. My, they are everywhere, aren't they?"

And on the "not falling unconscious" note, I have replaced Detect Thoughts with False Life on my standard spell list. Experiment has shown that Zsz is going to need it if she's going to front-line fight as she often likes to.


female half-elf witch 15

Questioning the Dead - Coriana

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
It is quite possible that he actually is considering disappearing into the Expanse once he considers his current duties here complete, inhospitable as the description of the jungle morass may have been. "How complete do you think their study of Jaytirian may have been?" Azhar seems very focused on the spirit. Almost intrigued, even beyond the subject matter at hand. How long has it been since he and his brother wandered into Westcrown to ensure a friend safe passage? "My brother and I were just about to head into the depths of Sargava and the Mwangi Expanse when we we're sidetracked here. I may yet meet up with him later, assuming he has decided to continue on without me."

"Friendly warning if you do," Zsz says to Azhar sotto voce. "Jaytirian's one of those areas that is simply rife with cannibals. Unpleasant people, really."

4,351 to 4,400 of 9,364 << first < prev | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shadows Turn - Chavamana's CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.