Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shadows over Westcrown

Game Master chavamana


3,801 to 3,850 of 9,364 << first < prev | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | next > last >>

Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

"So are you saying we should simply avoid it and let it remain unknown?"


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
chavamana wrote:

In the Court of the Outcast King: Round 3

She looks down at her filth covered clothes, "I think I'm already dirty. No worries." Then she starts to move up towards the stone chests with curiosity.

Azhar chuckles, "Well, that avoids the chance of my possibly slipping and landing us both in the muck." he moves to follow her, eventually catching up and putting his head close to hers.

Amaya or perception Dc15:

"You don't mind that I still would like to make your life a little easier when we're on a mission, do you?"


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Cassian Merro wrote:

In the Court of the Outcast King: Round 3

"It's fine, I can walk," Cassian says, getting out of the muck and heading for the door.

"Oh? But Tarvi said she was sure you would so enjoy my attentions." he shoots back in Cassian's direction.


Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"So are you saying we should simply avoid it and let it remain unknown?"

sure


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Leaving the Looking Glass - Hellraiser

Melilot Took wrote:
the optimal method for dealing with the unknown is not always throwing rocks at it

"Perhaps you misunderstand," Gravlax says, "I want to take care of this creature either way. I thought it might be safer from a distance than by vaulting up onto the chains and climbing. But I have neither the accuracy nor the power that you do. And I'd rather throw rocks than poke it with a stick."

DC 16 Sense Motive:

Gravlax doesn't like the idea of setting off an avoidable trap. But he hates the idea of leaving something possibly in torment just a little bit more.


Leaving the Looking Glass - Hellraiser

Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
"Perhaps you misunderstand," Gravlax says, "I want to take care of this creature either way. I thought it might be safer from a distance than by vaulting up onto the chains and climbing. But I have neither the accuracy nor the power that you do. And I'd rather throw rocks than poke it with a stick."

i did not misunderstand Melilot replies. i was disagreeing


Leaving the Looking Glass - Hellraiser

A) K:planar DC 21:
You recognize the creature as the most common type of kyton.

You know all of the standard kyton qualities found HERE.

A) K:planar DC 26:
Kytons are resistant to spells and to weapons that are not holy or silver.
A) K:planar DC 31:
The chains are part of the creature, both providing protection and being the primary means of attack.

B) Heal DC 20:
The wounds of the creature are similar to the ones that you found on the dead elf.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

dice:

k:planar dc21/beyond: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
heal dc20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Azhar stairs at the mass of moving chains suspiciously, shrugs. "I got nothing."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Leaving the Looking Glass - Hellraiser

Melilot Took wrote:
i did not misunderstand Melilot replies. i was disagreeing

"Oh," Gravlax says. "Okay."

His eyes glance around at the loosely-assembled group. "Anyone else in favor of putting that thing to rest? Or is it just me?"


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

"The rest of the things in here seem to be pretty much undead or things from the outer planes. I'd prefer sending them back, but.." he shrugs again, "don't much know what it is. I guess whoever would make it in here wouldn't exactly have the best intentions anyway, so it probably wouldn't end up harming too many people that weren't at least somewhat prepared."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Oh? But Tarvi said she was sure you would so enjoy my attentions." he shoots back in Cassian's direction.

Cassian winces. "That was the line she gave you? Ouch." He looks at Amaya and gives her a sympathetic smile and shrug.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:

"Oh," Gravlax says. "Okay."

His eyes glance around at the loosely-assembled group. "Anyone else in favor of putting that thing to rest? Or is it just me?"

"I'm not against it. Although for consistency's sake, I feel like we should put that mummy down as well."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar shrugs again, "If we can do it permanently."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar shrugs again, "If we can do it permanently."

"It seemed to have a thing about Rev. Maybe if he channeled or something?"


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Gravlax nods.

"...yeah, I thought putting down the undead was one of Pharasma's things."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar nods, "It is." he glances over at his brother,"It seems to try to do what you say. Maybe you should try smack it with the book and tell it to go to sleep, or to it's grave or 'it's time to visit Pharasma' or something like that. I think it might be worth a little experimentation."


Leaving the Looking Glass - Livia

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar grins, "Is that a question you're willing to pay for?"

She thinks long and hard about that. Finally, she nods. "Answer doctor and you gets a lolly."


In the Court of the Outcast King: Round 3

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar chuckles, "Well, that avoids the chance of my possibly slipping and landing us both in the muck." he moves to follow her, eventually catching up and putting his head close to hers.

Amaya shakes her head in response to Azhar's words.

Azhar or DC 15 Perception:
"But I don't want to be babied either though."

Cassian Merro wrote:
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Oh? But Tarvi said she was sure you would so enjoy my attentions." he shoots back in Cassian's direction.
Cassian winces. "That was the line she gave you? Ouch." He looks at Amaya and gives her a sympathetic smile and shrug.

Her brow furrows a bit as she thinks, looking at the pair.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
chavamana wrote:

Leaving the Looking Glass - Livia

She thinks long and hard about that. Finally, she nods. "Answer doctor and you gets a lolly."

Azhar shakes his head, "Do you have anything else?"


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
chavamana wrote:

In the Court of the Outcast King: Round 3

Amaya shakes her head in response to Azhar's words.

Azhar considers what Amaya said, nods and smiles.

Amaya or Perception dc15:

"Fair enough. I will try not to do so."

Amaya wrote:
Her brow furrows a bit as she thinks, looking at the pair.

Azhar notices. An eyebrow raises, and his lips purse slightly. He catches her eye and gives her a silent little shake of his head in negation.


Leaving the Looking Glass - Livia

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
chavamana wrote:
She thinks long and hard about that. Finally, she nods. "Answer doctor and you gets a lolly."
Azhar shakes his head, "Do you have anything else?"

She looks into the cubby, "My shines from you. Copper shinies. Lollies." She pulls out a red lollipop. "Tasty, tasty lolly"


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Leaving the Looking Glass - Livia

"You should take the lolly," Gravlax says to Azhar. "The red ones are the best."


Leaving the Looking Glass - Hellraiser

Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Melilot Took wrote:
i did not misunderstand Melilot replies. i was disagreeing

"Oh," Gravlax says. "Okay."

His eyes glance around at the loosely-assembled group. "Anyone else in favor of putting that thing to rest? Or is it just me?"

Detect Magic and Spellcraft DC 31:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 <- aid another from npcs with spellcraft; drop DC by 4 making it possible

It is some sort of magical battery or a conduit used to transfer magical energy from one point to another.


Leaving the Looking Glass - Livia

Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
"You should take the lolly," Gravlax says to Azhar. "The red ones are the best."

Detect Poison:
The lollipop does not trigger as poison.

Male Tiefling
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar nods, "It is." he glances over at his brother,"It seems to try to do what you say. Maybe you should try smack it with the book and tell it to go to sleep, or to it's grave or 'it's time to visit Pharasma' or something like that. I think it might be worth a little experimentation."

Rev grins. "Sure, why not." He attempts to do as Azhar suggests.


Leaving the Looking Glass

Once the group is finished with the pathetic mummy, Livia the impish doctor, the forsaken chain man, and fetched the trussed Sian everyone is able to make their way back to the first hallway past the howling library and the ever falling rooms.

Then, a little resistance as you push through the disturbing reflective metal, you are back in the locked attic room. Heading down to your wing the large clock tolls four times.

See OOC board.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:

Leaving the Looking Glass - Livia

"You should take the lolly," Gravlax says to Azhar. "The red ones are the best."

Azhar grins at Gravlax like a kid in a candy store. He looks over at Livia, "Okay, deal." He holds out his hand.


Male Tiefling

dice:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Knowledge Planar DC 21,26,31
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 heal check dc 20
perception rolls 2 DC 151d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
detect magic and spellcraft DC 31 - can't make that roll :(


The Flawed One

Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar nods, "It is." he glances over at his brother,"It seems to try to do what you say. Maybe you should try smack it with the book and tell it to go to sleep, or to it's grave or 'it's time to visit Pharasma' or something like that. I think it might be worth a little experimentation."
Rev grins. "Sure, why not." He attempts to do as Azhar suggests.

Smacking the mummy creature with the book does nothing. Nor does telling it to go to sleep. But telling it to pass on to Pharasma does seem to work, as the creature straightens, hope its bearing for the first time as its linen turn to dust. A voice as the creature is gone, dry as dust, "Thank you Master Anvengen, it has been so long."


Male Tiefling
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:

Leaving the Looking Glass - Hellraiser

Melilot Took wrote:
i did not misunderstand Melilot replies. i was disagreeing

"Oh," Gravlax says. "Okay."

His eyes glance around at the loosely-assembled group. "Anyone else in favor of putting that thing to rest? Or is it just me?"

"You know, it's a Kyton. It's probably very happy there." Rev says.


GM:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Leaving the Looking Glass - Hellraiser
Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
His eyes glance around at the loosely-assembled group. "Anyone else in favor of putting that thing to rest? Or is it just me?"
"You know, it's a Kyton. It's probably very happy there." Rev says.

Mathalen, turns from looking at the humanoid creature to study Rev for a moment. She leans forward, like she is about to say something, then shakes her head, settling back on her heels.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Leaving the Looking Glass - Hellraiser

Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
"You know, it's a Kyton. It's probably very happy there." Rev says.

"Er ... a what now?"


Male Tiefling

If Rev still gets a question answered by Livia, he asks

Mana:
(if my understanding is correct that a crux is a very small object, not the entire vault... since a bag of holding or a handy haversack and a crux can't co-exit i assume the crux is not the entire vault since there was a handy haversack thingie)
"What is the combination to open the Chelish crux that holds the key to Delvehaven?"


Male Tiefling
chavamana wrote:

** spoiler omitted **Leaving the Looking Glass - Hellraiser

Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
His eyes glance around at the loosely-assembled group. "Anyone else in favor of putting that thing to rest? Or is it just me?"
"You know, it's a Kyton. It's probably very happy there." Rev says.
Mathalen, turns from looking at the humanoid creature to study Rev for a moment. She leans forward, like she is about to say something, then shakes her head, settling back on her heels.

"What?" He asks Mathalen quite seriously.


Male Tiefling
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:

Leaving the Looking Glass - Hellraiser

Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
"You know, it's a Kyton. It's probably very happy there." Rev says.
"Er ... a what now?"

"You've never heard of a Kyton? Well... they're outsiders, but from Shadow instead of some other plane. They tend towards the stuck up law abiding variety; they're into pain. I think also fear. Can see in the dark, regenerate - depending on their flavor... immune to cold... and they have the evil eye. If they look at you just right it's unnerving, or something."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
chavamana wrote:

The Flawed One

Smacking the mummy creature with the book does nothing. Nor does telling it to go to sleep. But telling it to pass on to Pharasma does seem to work, as the creature straightens, hope its bearing for the first time as its linen turn to dust. A voice as the creature is gone, dry as dust, "Thank you Master Anvengen, it has been so long."

Azhar looks at the glaive, looks at Rev, looks at where the mummy was, "Um...yer welcome?" he looks at Rev again and does a one shoulder shrug, motions with his head towards the way out and raises an eyebrow.


Leaving the Looking Glass - Hellraiser

Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
"What?" He asks Mathalen quite seriously.

"Just thought the stab wounds were a lot like the ones in the dead elf thief in the entrance." A pause, a shrug, "But you're the doctor, so I figured if that were the case and I weren't imagining things, that you'd have mentioned it." Her tone even throughout.


Male Tiefling
chavamana wrote:
Leaving the Looking Glass - Hellraiser
Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
"What?" He asks Mathalen quite seriously.
"Just thought the stab wounds were a lot like the ones in the dead elf thief in the entrance." A pause, a shrug, "But you're the doctor, so I figured if that were the case and I weren't imagining things, that you'd have mentioned it." Her tone even throughout.

"Hmm" Rev ponders. "Now that you bring it up, I suppose you have a point. Since they tend to regenerate, it would be odd for a Kyton to have fresh wounds which are the same as an elf that looks like he has been dead for decades. Guess I'm distracted. So... what do you want to do?" He asks her.


Male Tiefling

Mana:

i just noticed the post on the ooc board that says we have an item for later distribution (and i assume it's the crux), so i changed my question above...


Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
chavamana wrote:
"Just thought the stab wounds were a lot like the ones in the dead elf thief in the entrance." A pause, a shrug, "But you're the doctor, so I figured if that were the case and I weren't imagining things, that you'd have mentioned it." Her tone even throughout.
"Hmm" Rev ponders. "Now that you bring it up, I suppose you have a point. Since they tend to regenerate, it would be odd for a Kyton to have fresh wounds which are the same as an elf that looks like he has been dead for decades. Guess I'm distracted. So... what do you want to do?" He asks her.

Melilot's furrowed brow clears during the conversation above.

well now things are finally starting to make sense Melilot says.

will it heal on its own or can you heal it or is it dead she asks Rev.


Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
If Rev still gets a question answered by Livia, he asks ** spoiler omitted ** "What is the combination to open the Chelish crux that holds the key to Delvehaven?"

The imp's eyes go black, "Quick fingers and a swift mind. Ward against the fire of the line."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Sometime after the Outcast King
Cassian snaps his fingers, suddenly remembering something. "Azhar, I think your new polearm there was the mayor."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
Leaving the Looking Glass - Hellraiser"Hmm" Rev ponders. "Now that you bring it up, I suppose you have a point. Since they tend to regenerate, it would be odd for a Kyton to have fresh wounds which are the same as an elf that looks like he has been dead for decades. Guess I'm distracted. So... what do you want to do?" He asks her.

Azhar brow furrows. He glances at his brother, but decides to bite his tongue and says nothing.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Cassian Merro wrote:

Sometime after the Outcast King

Cassian snaps his fingers, suddenly remembering something. "Azhar, I think your new polearm there was the mayor."

Azhar looks mildly surprised and amused, he brings out the glaive and addresses it/him. "Well, Mr. Mayor. I hope you will be finding a new home soon that treats you as well as you treated the people you were supposed to serve." He smiles and nods to it briefly before returning it to its place. He looks over to Cassian again, "Out of curiosity, how was he regarded by the people of the city?"


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Leaving the Looking Glass - Outside the Knot

Gravlax accompanies Rev, Sian, and Janiven to a room. Where he can work his non-magical disguise magic.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava/a:
chavamana wrote:

Leaving the Looking Glass

Heading down to your wing the large clock tolls four times.

Upon reaching the (supposed0 privacy of their room, Azhar turns to Amaya as the door closes and takes her hands if she allows it. "'maya, I know it's late, but I just wanted you to know that I am very proud of what you've been able to accomplish in such a short period of time. You react well and keep your head in combat situations and are very helpful not only to me, but to the rest of the group as well. You are an adventurer now, every bit as much as I am, and although I will try to keep your feelings in mind, I will treat you as one from now on, but...I do want you to know that you will always be special to me, and if I slip, I am not trying to make you look like less than you are to the others, okay?"


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

...and when Gravlax takes the magical dueling sword

Gravlax unbuckles the rapier, and hands it back to Cassian. "Came in handy," he says. "Thanks."


Male Tiefling
Melilot Took wrote:
Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
chavamana wrote:
"Just thought the stab wounds were a lot like the ones in the dead elf thief in the entrance." A pause, a shrug, "But you're the doctor, so I figured if that were the case and I weren't imagining things, that you'd have mentioned it." Her tone even throughout.
"Hmm" Rev ponders. "Now that you bring it up, I suppose you have a point. Since they tend to regenerate, it would be odd for a Kyton to have fresh wounds which are the same as an elf that looks like he has been dead for decades. Guess I'm distracted. So... what do you want to do?" He asks her.

Melilot's furrowed brow clears during the conversation above.

well now things are finally starting to make sense Melilot says.

will it heal on its own or can you heal it or is it dead she asks Rev.

Rev is still looking at Mathalen, waiting for his answer. He did hear Melilot though, and will reply to her shortly.

Mana:
Is the Kyton still alive, or is he undead or something else? Do I know how long he might take to regenerate, and if I think he should have already done so, would that mean he was attacked with, for example, a weapon of good (or whatever else a Kyton might have an issue with, silver, holy water, chaos, etc) and if so, can he regenerate at all?


Male Tiefling
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:

Leaving the Looking Glass - Outside the Knot

Gravlax accompanies Rev, Sian, and Janiven to a room. Where he can work his non-magical disguise magic.

Rev is there. He watches the non-magic at work. Mentions to Gravlax "If you want help looking through those papers you've acquired, the old man who you all met at the start of our shindig, he is pretty good with research." Rev is referring to Jask.


Male Tiefling
chavamana wrote:
Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
If Rev still gets a question answered by Livia, he asks ** spoiler omitted ** "What is the combination to open the Chelish crux that holds the key to Delvehaven?"
The imp's eyes go black, "Quick fingers and a swift mind. Ward against the fire of the line."

Rev sighs, he knows that he needs quick fingers and quicker thinking to open the lock, but he had asked for the combination, and the vague reply of whatever power Livia is channeling annoys the Tiefling.

3,801 to 3,850 of 9,364 << first < prev | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shadows Turn - Chavamana's CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.