Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows over Westcrown

Game Master chavamana


251 to 300 of 9,364 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
chavamana wrote:
"Only if we get caught." Her smile come back, "And you never get caught." Her eyes darken a bit at the mention of the monsters.

"Good point." Cassian straightens a bit and only then does he really look around the room.

To the gnome: "What's so funny?"

GM:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Melilot looks around the room with an assessing glance.

Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 15, 1d20 ⇒ 20
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28, 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

When her eyes reach the other halfling, there is a smile of acknowledgement, and a sense that this is someone she rather expected to find here.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
chavamana wrote:
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
The Varisian also receives a nod of acknowledgement, "Decided to settle down then?", his tone has perhaps a bit of a teasing quality about it, and is definitely not unfriendly.

Low voice, a untrained baritone, "Hadn't planned on it." His eyes still on Janiven as she comes into the room.

** spoiler omitted **

Chava(Varisian)/DC15:
"Oh really? Than where's the caravan? Surely you wouldn't put your family in danger by being here with them still around, would you?" his tone is not accusing, but perhaps appropriately concerned.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
chavamana wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Rev wrote:
When Rev spots the old man, he frowns, a look of disapproval he doesn't even attempt to hide. He says nothing, and doesn't react to the others in the room, not even the laughing gnome.
The old man looks back at Rev, "I do not deserve that look, I know I'm far too old to be a revolutionary." He straightens, "But i like to support good challenges."

Azhar looks at the old man and nods, "So perhaps it would have been safer to leave you behind?" He shakes his head ruefully, but not altogether disapprovingly, "My friend, the time you stop acting on things you believe in is the day you will stop truly living. It is better to live than to live long...and I know you understand the risks." he smiles at the old man.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
chavamana wrote:
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian's eyes narrow when he sees the blue eyed girl, and nearly rushes over there. Next to each other, the resemblance is unmistakable. Their coloring is nearly identical, the only difference being Cassian's darker eyes. "What in the name of all that's holy are you doing here?" he hisses.

"I..." she looks up at the noticeably taller man, her smile dimming slightly, no fear but a bit of worry. "Janiven sometimes comes into the shop with her clients. We talked a few times when they were busy." Eyes clear as she looks up, "A few weeks ago we talked about the shadows and I wanted to help."

** spoiler omitted **

Azhar's eyes flick back and forth, following their conversation as it continues. He holds his counsel for now.


Cassian Merro wrote:

"Good point." Cassian straightens a bit and only then does he really look around the room.

To the gnome: "What's so funny?"

She looks over at him, "That of all the people in the city that I know, they two of us being here is... amusing as hell. She shrugs, "We don't help people."

"I know why I'm here. But every reason I can come up with why you are here, amuses the f!@# out of me."

Azhar/DC 15 Perception and Varisian:
Quote:
"Oh really? Than where's the caravan? Surely you wouldn't put your family in danger by being here with them still around, would you?" his tone is not accusing, but perhaps appropriately concerned.

"Nah. Brother came home from walk-about, they didn't need me anymore. Just stopped here waiting for a ship that is going somewhere else."

Janiven waits until there is a pause in conversation, moving into the room and hopping up on a low room divider. Looking at everyone, "I know you were all expecting Arael and myself to bring people tonight," She takes a deep breath, "And I know some of you probably already heard, but for those of you that haven't... The dottari grabbed Arael this afternoon."

The dark man Gravalax acknowledged when he came in, holds up a hand. His voice is a quiet, but firm tenor, "I was still at work when the arrest paperwork came in. The Hellknights took him almost immediately, on the grounds that he is a 'discordant element' of the population." He shrugs, "I don't know how that will shake out, but I can't see them being able to move him until late tomorrow afternoon at the earliest."

Janiven nods, "Arael's rescue is going to force us to speed up our plans." A pause, "I do hope that the Rack takes custody of him... it would be far easier to rescue him en route to the Citadel, and the hellknights are not loved by many in the city... there would be far less fallout."

She looks around the area, seeing if anyone has a plan, questions, ideas.


chavamana wrote:

Janiven nods, "Arael's rescue is going to force us to speed up our plans." A pause, "I do hope that the Rack takes custody of him... it would be far easier to rescue him en route to the Citadel, and the hellknights are not loved by many in the city... there would be far less fallout."

She looks around the area, seeing if anyone has a plan, questions, ideas.

by what means would they be most likely to transport him guarded by how many and along what route Melilot asks.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar turns to Janiven, "How will we know if the "Rack" takes custody? Will it be publicly announced or is there some other way? & how soon after we can find out before they are likely to move him. Assuming he is moved, do we have an idea of what kinds of numbers and resources they will have with him? If he is not moved, how dire is his situation and how soon are we likely to need to act?"


Male Tiefling
chavamana wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Rev wrote:
When Rev spots the old man, he frowns, a look of disapproval he doesn't even attempt to hide. He says nothing, and doesn't react to the others in the room, not even the laughing gnome.
The old man looks back at Rev, "I do not deserve that look, I know I'm far too old to be a revolutionary." He straightens, "But i like to support good challenges."

"Yes. You do." Rev replies very softly. "This is a fools errand, not a challenge. And I did not take you for a fool."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Gravlax sidles over toward Cassian -- or perhaps toward the young woman. "My friend will probably provide a distraction if one is needed for a rescue en route," Gravlax says. "It would appeal to his sense of the dramatic."


Male Tiefling
chavamana wrote:
She looks around the area, seeing if anyone has a plan, questions, ideas.

Rev pretty much looks like he thinks this is the dumbest idea he's ever heard and he wants no part of it. But he's not leaving Azhar alone, and he knows for a fact Azhar is already in. Rev sighs, resigned.

He looks at the dockworker, Larko.

Sense motive DC 20 or Azhar:
Clearly expecting Larko to be involved in something like this, Rev represses a sigh. Heroes. Why were there always heroes? Why couldn't people just stay properly oppressed and out of his life? Why does Azhar always have to have to be the better man? So there were man eating shadows. Maybe the people should find someplace safer to live. The look he gives his brother is pretty clear, We are not playing at heroes again after this. The last time already cost too much.


Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
"Yes. You do." Rev replies very softly. "This is a fools errand, not a challenge. And I did not take you for a fool."

The old man half-grins at Rev's quiet admonishment. "The first few years I lived in Westcrown was before killer shadows started to prey on the streets. I would like to be able to walk her streets before I grow so decrepit that I cannot walk. That seems to be good reason to be a fool."


Male Tiefling
chavamana wrote:
Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
"Yes. You do." Rev replies very softly. "This is a fools errand, not a challenge. And I did not take you for a fool."
The old man half-grins at Rev's quiet admonishment. "The first few years I lived in Westcrown was before killer shadows started to prey on the streets. I would like to be able to walk her streets before I grow so decrepit that I cannot walk. That sseems to be good reason to be a fool."

"I'd find new streets." He says unhappily.

"I could be hunting dinosaurs in the jungle with Moulder, Vixen, and Sasha... and instead I escorted your sorry hide home. This gods forsaken city better be worth it." His voice never raises in volume. It's not the voice of someone who intimidates people.


Melilot Took wrote:
by what means would they be most likely to transport him guarded by how many and along what route Melilot asks.

"Probably an armored prisoner transport with a least a hand of hellknights or their armigers guarding it." She shrugs to show she isn't positive about this.

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar turns to Janiven, "How will we know if the "Rack" takes custody? Will it be publicly announced or is there some other way? & how soon after we can find out before they are likely to move him. Assuming he is moved, do we have an idea of what kinds of numbers and resources they will have with him? If he is not moved, how dire is his situation and how soon are we likely to need to act?"

"Not publicly announced, but word should spread. Whether he is held by the dottari or the hellknights, neither group is so insular that gossip doesn't spread. Which is out best bet for finding out without drawing undue attention, which we don't want for the aftermath of his rescue." She either doesn't know about the rest of his questions or is unwilling to comment at the moment.

Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Gravlax sidles over toward Cassian -- or perhaps toward the young woman. "My friend will probably provide a distraction if one is needed for a rescue en route," Gravlax says. "It would appeal to his sense of the dramatic."

She nods, filing away the offer for the nitty gritty of planning. She asks one question, "Even if it is during the day? It is far more likely they will move him during the day, safer for those who will guard the transport."


Working on the assumption that there is little more planning that can be done until more information is obtained, Melilot has no further questions or comments on the subject.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Janiven wrote:
She nods, filing away the offer for the nitty gritty of planning. She asks one question, "Even if it is during the day? It is far more likely they will move him during the day, safer for those who will guard the transport."

"Gods and men," Gravlax says, swearing. "He stands out in the daytime. Perfect for distraction. He'll come. But if your plan calls for subtlety, stick with me."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
chavamana wrote:

She looks over at him, "That of all the people in the city that I know, they two of us being here is... amusing as hell. She shrugs, "We don't help people."

"I know why I'm here. But every reason I can come up with why you are here, amuses the f+&# out of me."

"Monkey food ain't free," Cassian says breezily.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Gravlax sidles over toward Cassian -- or perhaps toward the young woman. "My friend will probably provide a distraction if one is needed for a rescue en route," Gravlax says. "It would appeal to his sense of the dramatic."

"Screw off, plant," Cassian growls.


Cassian Merro wrote:
"Monkey food ain't free," Cassian says breezily.

"Some kind of tail was on the list of reasons." the gnome quips right back.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Cassian Merro wrote:
"Screw off, plant," Cassian growls.

Gravlax walks past Cassian to the woman, and offers his hand. "Gravlax d'Antonio," he says.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar cannot help but grin, "Didn't know vegetation grew balls." he says in aside to Rev.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Gravlax walks past Cassian to the woman, and offers his hand. "Gravlax d'Antonio," he says.

"He's some kind of minor lordling," Cassian says brightly. "Mom and dad would love him."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
chavamana wrote:
"Not publicly announced, but word should spread. Whether he is held by the dottari or the hellknights, neither group is so insular that gossip doesn't spread. Which is out best bet for finding out without drawing undue attention, which we don't want for the aftermath of his rescue." She either doesn't know about the rest of his questions or is unwilling to comment at the moment.

"See, this is the kind of thing you want to know when you're planning something like this. You should really send a scout or two to find out. I can take the halfling," he nods to Melilot, "and find out what you need to know."


Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Gravlax walks past Cassian to the woman, and offers his hand. "Gravlax d'Antonio," he says.

The girl's big, sapphire eyes flash to Cassian briefly, clearly having picked up that the taller man... dislikes... the lighter haired one. However, even as she is doing so, some long trained response to be polite has her shaking his hand, "Tarvi M... my it is a nice evening, isn't it?"

Cassian Merro wrote:
"He's some kind of minor lordling," Cassian says brightly. "Mom and dad would love him."

A comment that has her yanking her hand away from Gravalax before her sentence is half finished.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Cassian wrote:
"See, this is the kind of thing you want to know when you're planning something like this. You should really send a scout or two to find out. I can take the halfling," he nods to Melilot, "and find out what you need to know."

Azhar nods, looks to Janiven, since it seems to be her show, at least for now.

Chava wrote:
Cassian Merro wrote:
"He's some kind of minor lordling," Cassian says brightly. "Mom and dad would love him."
A comment that has her yanking her hand away from Gravalax before her sentence is half finished.

Azhar seems to be following, and enjoying the interplay between these three.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
chavamana wrote:
Cassian Merro wrote:
"He's some kind of minor lordling," Cassian says brightly. "Mom and dad would love him."
A comment that has her yanking her hand away from Gravlax before her sentence is half finished.

Gravlax keeps his hand extended. "Nonsense. Cassian is trying to get us off on the wrong foot, Tarvi, as he and I did."


Cassian Merro wrote:
"See, this is the kind of thing you want to know when you're planning something like this. You should really send a scout or two to find out. I can take the halfling," he nods to Melilot, "and find out what you need to know."

Janiven nods, "Information gathering is the priority now." She turns to the dark man who spoke earlier, "Sclavo, was your information from the close of the day or earlier?"

"Close, ma'am." he answers.

Janiven nods, "If the two of you want to go out now to scout, that would be fine, but" she smiles, "be careful, the streets are dangerous at night." Turning to the rest of the group, "And as such, you are all welcome to bed down here since it is past curfew."


Male Tiefling
chavamana wrote:


Janiven nods, "If the two of you want to go out now to scout, that would be fine, but" she smiles, "be careful, the streets are dangerous at night." Turning to the rest of the group, "And as such, you are all welcome to bed down here since it is past curfew."

Rev's eyes narrow at the old man, who has ceased responding to him. Shrugs. Turns to his brother, whose comment from earlier elicited a small smile. And as there seems to be little choice in the matter, at least temporarily, he offers, to the group, "If anyone needs medical attention, now's a good time to pipe up, rather than later, when things inevitably go south." Clearly if this man is a Doctor of some sort as he seems to insinuate, his bedside manner could use improving.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Gravlax keeps his hand extended. "Nonsense. Cassian is trying to get us off on the wrong foot, Tarvi, as he and I did."

Cassian shrugs. "The other option was 'he's a hellknight plant' but Janiven wants me to play nice."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
chavamana wrote:
"Some kind of tail was on the list of reasons." the gnome quips right back.

"Now, now. Jealousy is unbecoming."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
chavamana wrote:
Janiven nods, "If the two of you want to go out now to scout, that would be fine, but" she smiles, "be careful, the streets are dangerous at night." Turning to the rest of the group, "And as such, you are all welcome to bed down here since it is past curfew."

Cassian turns to Melilot. "Well, are you up for it?"


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian shrugs. "The other option was 'he's a hellknight plant' but Janiven wants me to play nice."

"That would be a concern," Gravlax admits. "If it were true. But a spot of fastidiousness does not a Hellknight make."


Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian turns to Melilot. "Well, are you up for it?"

sure says the halfling.

GM:
Are we close enough to Melilot's apartment to make gathering more weapons a reasonable side trip, or would it take too much time or otherwise be too far out of the way?


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
"That would be a concern," Gravlax admits. "If it were true. But a spot of fastidiousness does not a Hellknight make."

"Frankly, that's the least suspicious thing about you, and you know it."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Cassian Merro wrote:
"Frankly, that's the least suspicious thing about you, and you know it."

Gravlax chuckles. "In this context? Everything is suspicious about each of us. I trust your monkey more than I trust you, but there's no need to be uncivil. You are not a polite man."

Gravlax's hand has never wavered.


Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
Rev's eyes narrow at the old man, who has ceased responding to him. Shrugs. Turns to his brother, whose comment from earlier elicited a small smile. And as there seems to be little choice in the matter, at least temporarily, he offers, to the group, "If anyone needs medical attention, now's a good time to pipe up, rather than later, when things inevitably go south." Clearly if this man is a Doctor of some sort as he seems to insinuate, his bedside manner could use improving.

The old man turns his head so that he is facing the dark-hued doctor.

Rev/DC 15 Perception:
"Here I was trying not to remind you about what you gave up to help an old man home." A long pause, "Arael came to see me when he heard I was back in Westcrown..." his voice trails off.

Rev/DC 20 Sense Motive:
The old man does seem to want to talk to about his reasons, but doesn't really feel this is the time or the space, knowing how Rev is around those he doesn't trust.

The others in the room, kind of shake their heads to indicate they are not injured.

I think the only people who are injured are Melilot for 1 hp and Azhar for 2 hp.


Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:

Gravlax chuckles. "In this context? Everything is suspicious about each of us. I trust your monkey more than I trust you, but there's no need to be uncivil. You are not a polite man."

Gravlax's hand has never wavered.

Seemingly mostly so that the other man will drop his hand, Tarvi reaches forward and quickly finishes the shake she started earlier. "He is normally quite good at knowing which people I should avoid." However, her bright blue eyes study the man, "Apparently I try to ascribe good motives to people who have none, Cassian is far more realistic." She says this second with a note of, 'and this is a good thing'.

Melilot:
Most likely your apartment will be out of the way, but within a thirty minute walk. This is on the assumption that you would be going into Rego Scripa, where both the dottari holding area and the building in the Hellknight possession is.

Cassian:
Just a K:local - Arael is probably being held either at the dottari cells or a prisoner room at the building the Hellknights are in possession of ~ both are in Rego Scripa.

2) Do you want me to see if a K:local DC 20 will get you anything on the last name gravalax gave or do you not care?


gravalax:
Arael is probably being held either at the dottari cells or a prisoner room at the building the Hellknights are in possession of ~ both are in Rego Scripa.

Your apartment is in that area, if you want to do something with that information.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
chavamana wrote:
"He is normally quite good at knowing which people I should avoid."

Gravlax nods slowly. "...and I imagine there are quite a few he tells you to avoid."

Gravlax seems to come to a decision. He turns to Cassian. "So, Gatekeeper, if this Arael person is being held at the dottari cells, this coincidentally is near where I live. I know that area. Shall I accompany you on your scouting?"


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
chavamana wrote:

The old man turns his head so that he is facing the dark-hued doctor.

The others in the room, kind of shake their heads to indicate they are not injured.

I think the only people who are injured are Melilot for 1 hp and Azhar for 2 hp.

Azhar's rolls:

Perception dc15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Sense Motive dc20:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Azhar cocks an eyebrow, the left side of his mouth twitching upwards just a bit, "Coming from you, that was nothing. I will live." His expression seems to add more.

Rev/ Sense Motive dc20:
Something along the line of and you chide me for the decisions I made? I did not cause you YOUR loss in power, my brother.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
chavamana wrote:
"He is normally quite good at knowing which people I should avoid."

Gravlax nods slowly. "...and I imagine there are quite a few he tells you to avoid."

Gravlax seems to come to a decision. He turns to Cassian. "So, Gatekeeper, if this Arael person is being held at the dottari cells, this coincidentally is near where I live. I know that area. Shall I accompany you on your scouting?"

Cassian blinks, momentarily baffled by Gravlax. "No. I know the city and you move like a pregnant yak." He gives Tarvi a squeeze on the shoulder, turns to leave, pausing at Melilot. "Shall we?"

GM:
Perception DC15 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Sense Motive DC20 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
K: Local DC20 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Sense Motive DC201d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian blinks, momentarily baffled by Gravlax. "No. I know the city and you move like a pregnant yak." He gives Tarvi a squeeze on the shoulder, turns to leave, pausing at Melilot. "Shall we?"

Gravlax sits down, and smiles up at Cassian. "So you'd rather leave me here than keep an eye on me? I knew you trusted me, deep down."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Dice rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian blinks, momentarily baffled by Gravlax. "No. I know the city and you move like a pregnant yak." He gives Tarvi a squeeze on the shoulder, turns to leave, pausing at Melilot. "Shall we?"
Gravlax sits down, and smiles up at Cassian. "So you'd rather leave me here than keep an eye on me? I knew you trusted me, deep down."

Cassian pauses, his back to Gravlax. He speaks wearily, clearly tired of all of this sparring. "Gravlax, I haven't killed you yet because Janiven paid me not to. If you come with us, stomping around, and doing all these things you clearly think are terribly clever, you'll get Melilot and me captured. Or you'll try another witless quip and I'll cut your throat and apologize to Janiven later. Don't test me."

Cassian is still for a moment. Waiting.


Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian blinks, momentarily baffled by Gravlax. "No. I know the city and you move like a pregnant yak." He gives Tarvi a squeeze on the shoulder, turns to leave, pausing at Melilot. "Shall we?"

Melilot nods.

before we go could someone please describe arael

Cassian:
At some point when they are on their way:

if a detour is acceptable i could pick up some additional equipment Melilot says. it most likely will not be necessary but it would not hurt to be prepared for any eventuality if we can spare the time

and on that note is our primary goal to find paperwork to overhear planning to perform a stakeout once we determine location she asks, or are we simply improvising as we go


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Melilot:
To her first question: "Of course."

To her second: "Some of that, maybe ask a guard really nicely. Assuming we aren't able to set eyes on the man. Do you have an idea in that regard? I'll admit, planning is not my strong suit."


During the back and forth between Cassian and Gravalax most of the people in the church have been moving back, clearly not used to arguments going to the point of possible violence. However, the stress causes certain loyalties to be clear.

Tarvi and the flame-haired gnome clearly want to keep Cassian alive. The kid who reported to Janiven earlier seems ready to step forward, to pull Gravalax away from the stewing violence. The old man sits behind Rev and the bald headed man moves so that anyone moving in that direction would be slowed at least.

Morosino, already near the hafling, moves closer to her. Most of the others look like they want to do something to prevent the violence, but just weren't expecting it. The Varisian seems to really be the only one who doesn't care if the two slit each others throats, until Janiven steps forward moving toward the trio.

"Thank you, Cassian. If you and Melilot want to get started, Mr. d'Antonio and I should have a talk as well." She smiles thankfully at Melilot, "Dark brown hair and eyes. Harsh features. Half-elf." The last alone should make Arael stick out in very human dominated Westcrown.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

"Gods and men," Gravlax says, but nothing more.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
chavamana wrote:

During the back and forth between Cassian and Gravalax most of the people in the church have been moving back, clearly not used to arguments going to the point of possible violence. However, the stress causes certain loyalties to be clear.

Tarvi and the flame-haired gnome clearly want to keep Cassian alive. The kid who reported to Janiven earlier seems ready to step forward, to pull Gravalax away from the stewing violence. The old man sits behind Rev and the bald headed mind moves so that anyone moving in that direction would be slowed at least.

Morosino, already near the hafling, moves closer to her. Most of the others look like they want to do something to prevent the violence, but just weren't expecting it. The Varisian seems to really be the only one who doesn't care if the two slit each others throats, until Janiven steps forward moving toward the trio.

"Thank you, Cassian. If you and Melilot want to get started, Mr. d'Antonio and I should have a talk as well." She smiles thankfully at Melilot, "Dark brown hair and eyes. Harsh features. Half-elf." The last alone should make Arael stick out in very human dominated Westcrown.

Cassian leaves without another word.


Melilot exits as well, sparing a smile first for the person who moved closer to her during the tense moment, and for the other halfling.

Cassian:
Melilot begins leading the way to wherever she wishes to detour to as she considers Cassian’s questions.

well best case scenario is that he has a cell with a window and knows where he is going she muses if we can think of some way of indicating janiven knows us without using her name that might be useful

failing that trying to find the paperwork might be possible or not depending on the setup

if it comes to a friendly chat with a guard then i suspect the nonhellknights might be more open to such a thing she says. and if the hellknights have taken him perhaps we can exploit a possible rivalry between the two groups if we can lead the conversation to jurisdiction A little uncertainly, she adds, would something like that need to wait until sunrise because of the curfew

and i should never be tasked with talking to anyone at any time ever she adds. in tense situations i tend to elicit that same reaction i got from the goblins

When she reaches her destination, she unlocks the door with a key. Beyond is a starkly appointed room which mostly seems to contain weapons and tools. She selects a variety of each.


As the stealthy pair leaves, Janiven motions towards the hallway, "Ermolos? Will you make sure the door gets bolted, please?" She breaths again, "Last thing we need is something coming up from the sewers and sneaking in" the comment mostly to herself.

Looking a bit older and quite a bit more tired than she did at the start of the evening, she looks at Gravalax. "A moment of you time?"

To the rest, "They aren't appetizing, but I have some dry rations stored here. Blankets too." With a tired smile, "Mathalen? If anyone needs something will you help them find it?"

As she turns to a different door exiting the large room, she misses the suspicious look Gravalax is shot by the Varisian.

251 to 300 of 9,364 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shadows Turn - Chavamana's CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.