Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shadows over Westcrown

Game Master chavamana


201 to 250 of 9,364 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Tiefling

We are leaving survivors? Rev asks... His tone indicates he doesn't normally leave survivors.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

"Unnecessary killing is wasteful," Gravlax says. "While not necessarily illegal, it is poor form."


Male Tiefling
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
"Unnecessary killing is wasteful," Gravlax says. "While not necessarily illegal, it is poor form."

"Survivors will run to their little Goblin friends and tell them all about us." He counters.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
"Survivors will run to their little Goblin friends and tell them all about us." He counters.

"Perhaps, after we've left," Gravlax says thoughtfully, looking at the perilous physical state of the intact goblins. "Perhaps not if we leave the pickles."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian checks the "rock" for traps. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Male Tiefling

Rev looks over at what Cassian is doing, then turns back to Gravlax. Hands him the jar of pickles. "Good luck with that idealism you're carrying around there."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Gravlax smiles at Rev, a cold smile that doesn't reach his eyes. "They never saw me."

Gravlax carefully sets the pickle jar near the least-damaged-looking goblin, mindful of the blood, gore, and sewer detritus.


Male Tiefling
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:

Gravlax smiles at Rev, a cold smile that doesn't reach his eyes. "They never saw me."

Gravlax carefully sets the pickle jar near the least-damaged-looking goblin, mindful of the blood, gore, and sewer detritus.

"If you say so."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian pauses. "Are you two actually threatening each other over who the goblins will recognize?" He lets out a derisive snort and goes back to working on the chest.


Cassian:
No noticeable traps. There also doesn't appear to be a lock either. Just stuck close from years of grime and sewer nastiness.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian picks up one of the dogslicers from the fallen goblins and uses that to pry open the chest.


With the lever the chest opens easily, revealing a small treasure, which is far easier to identify when someone cleans off the the damp dust and muck. Nineteen gold pieces (Cheliax mint), a copper hair pin inlaid with white marble in a spiral design, a copper headband inlaid with starmetal in the shape of a compass rose, and a simple brass anklet.

K(religion) DC 10:
The spiral design of the white marble is the same as the holy symbol of Pharasma.

Chava:
Appraise checks
Azhar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10; 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10; 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Cassian: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15; 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13; 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
gravalax: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4; 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19; 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Melilot: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18; 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4; 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Rev: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15; 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10; 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Chava:
If no one aids the dying:
Round 1: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 - 2 = 0 (DC 10, -2 negative hp)
Round 2: 1d20 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 1 - 3 = 8 (DC 10, -3 negative hp)
Round 3: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 1 - 4 = -2 (DC 10, -4 negative hp)
Round 4: 1d20 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 1 - 5 = 16 (DC 10, -5 negative hp)

Roll for consciousness (fishing goblin):
Hour 1: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 2 = 12 (DC 10, -2 negative hp)

Roll for consciousness (gambling goblin):
Hour 1: 1d20 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 1 - 5 = 14 (DC 10, -5 negative hp)

Roll for natural healing (fishing goblin):
Day 1: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 2 = 3 (DC 10, -2 negative hp)
Day 2: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 1 - 2 = 16 (DC 10, -2 negative hp)

Roll for natural healing (gambling goblin):
Day 1: 1d20 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 1 - 5 = 16 (DC 10, -5 negative hp)


Male Tiefling
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian pauses. "Are you two actually threatening each other over who the goblins will recognize?" He lets out a derisive snort and goes back to working on the chest.

Rev is puzzled. "No." Looks at Gravlax.

Looks to his brother. "So do you want me to let the goblins die, or help them?"

Mana and Azhar:
i assume unless they stabelize they will die, right? i don't think this conversation has taken more than a few seconds... so i should still be able to do something about it if Azhar wants.


Rev:
Conversation has been seconds and the fate of the goblins is easily save-able.

Rev would know if the other goblin isn't stabilized then it is probable but not definite that he would die. However, without aid it is also possible (and likely) that the goblin who stabilized will die as well.

[ooc]Pathfinder mechanic: Here.

But is is also possible that they will heal up on their own.


Westcrown Sewer - After goblin fate has been decided

A few twists and turns after you leave the goblins behind Azhar and Cassian spot an offshoot with the lily mark. A long stretch of quiet, boring tunnels, which would be almost pleasant except that the ceiling of the tunnel slowly but noticeably gets closer to your heads, making it much harder to avoid the pungent drips. Then, just as it gets to the point where most of the group would have to walk hunched over, Cassian, who is clearly used to looking for hidden passages, spots a lily by what seems too small to be a passage way.

After about 30-feet the short passageway opens up again and very quickly after that, Janiven points to a small lily which points up. Balancing on piece of masonry that sticks out, she reaches up and pushes the manhole cover keeping you in the sewer and then hops back down to offer a hand up to anyone who needs it.

Once everyone has been released from the sewer, you find yourself in a small, absolutely dark alleyway. Janiven, still using the sunrod, moves over to the wall and raps three times. Moments later the wall slides open, revealing a very large young man who breaks into a relieved smile as he sees Janiven. His voice is gruff and quiet, but carries well, "We got worried when you weren't here by sundown." As he moves away from the door to give you all room to enter, his limp is obvious.

Melilot/K:local DC 30:
The young man is Ermolos, an apprentice blacksmith.

Cassian:
If it looks like Cassian is going to enter the building, Janiven briefly touches his arm, silently asking him to hold on for a moment.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
K:Local roll 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Also, he will in fact hold on as requested.


Cassian:
When the others move into the building, Janiven turns to looks at Cassian head on. She half-smiles, clear to Cassian in the dim light, "You didn't really agree to all of this back at Vizio's." She leans against a wall, a little tired now that the adrenaline that kicked in on the other side of the city has ebbed.

She starts to say something, but stops, clearly unsure how to word what she is thinking without it coming out wrong without giving away secrets that are not hers to share.


Melilot carefully retrieves the little slingshot pellets after the fight. She shows no particular inclination to either help or slay the unconscious goblins.

When she passes the large, limping man, she inclines her head to him in greeting.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian pauses. "Are you two actually threatening each other over who the goblins will recognize?" He lets out a derisive snort and goes back to working on the chest.
Rev is puzzled. "No." Looks at Gravlax.

"Nor I," Gravlax says. "Merely discussing practical matters."

After leaving the sewers

"It's after sundown," Gravlax says. "My friend will be out."

GM:
Are we anywhere near where Gravlax lives?

K:local roll if applicable 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Gravlax:
You are entirely sure, but think that you are in Rego Sacero. Since your apartment is in about the middle of Rego Scripa, you would have to go north through the bottom tail of Rego Pena first.

If you are able to go there straight, it would take maybe a hour round trip but very few of the streets between here and there are lighted.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian pauses. "Are you two actually threatening each other over who the goblins will recognize?" He lets out a derisive snort and goes back to working on the chest.
Rev is puzzled. "No." Looks at Gravlax.
"Nor I," Gravlax says. "Merely discussing practical matters."

Cassian lets out a relieved sigh. "That's good. Because if either of you thought goblins could tell people apart or would pursue people to the surface, I'd have to do something about your reckless, party-endangering gullibility." He looks over the treasures and makes a few mental calculations. "At least one of those goblins is going to die without some form of healing, plant. So if you want to save it, you should get on that. Otherwise, you should let Rev cut their throats. Make their ends quick."

Cassian holds up a hand. "You don't have to debate me. I don't really care if they live or die. I was just curious if you were more concerned about their lives or about getting blood on your soft little lordling hands."

GM:
"Didn't agree to any of this, but by my calculation, you still owe me money."


Cassian:
"True enough." She pulls a coin out of her pocket, handing him the platinum piece. She chuckles, looks up at him green eyes sparkling with humor, "If you had managed to get out of Vizio's before the hellknight's showed... Do I even want to know where you would have showed up to get paid?"

Then her face loses the humor as grim reality asserts itself. "So... what do you need to know to figure out if you want a part of the merry band inside?" Her eyes drop a little, then look back up to his eyes, "I think... I think you would be happier if you made that choice before you go inside."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian holds up a hand. "You don't have to debate me. I don't really care if they live or die. I was just curious if you were more concerned about their lives or about getting blood on your soft little lordling hands."

"It's not the hands, it's the clothing," Gravlax helpfully explains. "Blood will stain."


Male Tiefling

Rev waits for his brother to answer, he doesn't move to help the goblins, nor does he do anything to cause them further harm.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
Looks to his brother. "So do you want me to let the goblins die, or help them?"

Azhar shrugs, "Leaving the pickles indicates at least one person in this group believes they should live if they can. Although net balance I think it better if they did not exist, I am fine with that."

Chava wrote:
Once everyone has been released from the sewer, you find yourself in a small, absolutely dark alleyway. Janiven, still using the sunrod, moves over to the wall and raps three times. Moments later the wall slides open, revealing a very large young man who breaks into a relieved smile as he sees Janiven. His voice is gruff and quiet, but carries well, "We got worried when you weren't here by sundown." As he moves away from the door to give you all room to enter, his limp is obvious.

Azhar nods to the man as well as he enters.


Male Tiefling

Assesses Azhar. It is highly unlikely that either will recover without aid. He glances down at the goblin slowly bleeding out, impartially.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
"It's not the hands, it's the clothing," Gravlax helpfully explains. "Blood will stain."

"Good to know what kind of man you are," Cassian says, turning toward the exit.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
"Janiven wrote:

"True enough." She pulls a coin out of her pocket, handing him the platinum piece. She chuckles, looks up at him green eyes sparkling with humor, "If you had managed to get out of Vizio's before the hellknight's showed... Do I even want to know where you would have showed up to get paid?"

Then her face loses the humor as grim reality asserts itself. "So... what do you need to know to figure out if you want a part of the merry band inside?" Her eyes drop a little, then look back up to his eyes, "I think... I think you would be happier if you made that choice before you go inside."

The platinum disappears into his pouch. [b]"That all depends on how much I'm worth to you," he says, nodding to the room beyond.


Male Tiefling

Mana and Azhar:
as i'm about to head to work and wont get to check in for a little while, if Azhar clarifies if he wants the Goblins to live, then Rev will stabilize them. If Azhar agrees, he will cast a cure light wounds on each, otherwise Rev will let the Goblins to their fate and not help them. I'm not sure what Azhar wants, based off what's posted, so I don't want to assume. Gav could you clarify? Thanks!!!

if it comes up:

Cure light wounds on the Goblins:
One the one that's stabilized:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
On the one that's bleeding out: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

of course with those rolls, maybe it's meant to be...


Male Tiefling

Rev looks like he's struggling with something internally. His brother's vague answer forcing him to decide, and time running out. Since when doesn't Azhar care if something lives or dies? A thought to be explored later, at his leisure.

He touches his holy symbol, and casts cure light wounds on the two goblins.
Mana, rolls under spoiler above Healing the stabilized goblin 4 hp, and the one that's bleeding out 8hp.
His expression indicates he's surprised at himself for the decision.


Male Tiefling
chavamana wrote:

Westcrown Sewer - After goblin fate has been decided

Once everyone has been released from the sewer, you find yourself in a small, absolutely dark alleyway. Janiven, still using the sunrod, moves over to the wall and raps three times. Moments later the wall slides open, revealing a very large young man who breaks into a relieved smile as he sees Janiven. His voice is gruff and quiet, but carries well, "We got worried when you weren't here by sundown." As he moves away from the door to give you all room to enter, his limp is obvious.

Rev enters after Azhar. He doesn't comment one way or another. If he has the opportunity, he will discretely assess the cause of the limp.

heal check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Cassian Merro wrote:
"Good to know what kind of man you are," Cassian says, turning toward the exit.

Gravlax bows formally to Cassian's back.

After leaving the sewers

"I could fetch my friend, and he would be here in an hour," Gravlax says. "Shall I go, or better to wait until tomorrow night?"


Cassian:
She smiles looking up at him, "I, sadly, can't actually afford what you know your worth." The smile dims a little, "That brings me back to what I was going to say before Gravalax had you heading for the door, I know I can't offer what would be needed for treason right now. However," she says quickly before you leave in disgust, "I think one of the first steps to gaining public goodwill is to first mitigate and then stop the shadow beasts. And for that I know of a 100 gp per beast bounty."

Her eyes cloud with worry. "However, after today's disaster... If you are in, we need to get Arael out of the Rack's hands before they take him back to the Citadel." She shrugs, "To many of the people in there are dead if they break him." Adding quickly, "Not you or the others from tonight, the five of you were all my choices and he doesn't know anything about you."


Rev:
Cure lights do 1d8+caster level (max 5) not 1d6. Channel energy does 1d6s. Just a note for future reference.

Question, Rev knows that with a cure light he is likely to bring both goblins around to full consciousness. If you do not want to do that, then you can choose to impose a penalty on the healing to keep them unconscious. Let me know.


Janiven shrugs slightly, "I know what my current goal will probably need to happen during during the day. If your friend will be attending then he should come, if not, you should stay."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Cassian puts a hand on the wall behind her, bringing himself a little closer than perhaps is comfortable. "There are other ways to pay me besides coin." He lets that hang in the air before rolling off and ending up leaning against the same wall, next to her and nonthreatening. "My normal trade is secrets. Kind of makes inviting me along a terrible idea. But I am the best there is at what I do... it's a conundrum."

He sighs. "Let's get something crystal clear. I don't care about your cause. I don't care about this Arael person. But those other idiots in there -- well, maybe not the halfling -- will get caught without me, and it'll be the plant's fault. And then you're going to come to me, begging to rescue them, because you have that overactive conscience, and I'll take advantage of you, because I don't, and that will just needlessly complicate my life."

He looks over, catching her eyes with his. "One hundred gold pieces. I'll bring whatever they need as proof. And when this is all over, you owe me. A favor to be named later." Though he doesn't say it, that favor's name is Tarvi Merro.


Cassian:
When Cassian crowds her personal space with his... threat... promise... Janiven's eyes go shades darker, for once her face hard to read. However, she doesn't breath, not until Cassian turns away and is leaning on the wall next to her, rather than against her.

When he looks back over to catch her eyes, she is already looking at him, half-grin back, a fond look haunted by sadness. A look that she tries to hide as soon as you turn, but can't manage to quickly enough.

She nods. Once. "A favor. When this is over." She chuckles, low in her throat, "I better hope you screw up at some point and can help you out or I'll owe you far too much."

She stretches her arms out in front of her. "Thank you. I preferred that you have your own reasons for being here before we go inside." And starts to push off from the wall.

Cassian with DC 23 Sense Motive:
bluff 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 2 = 23 (+2 FE: human)

Making her slightly harder to read is the degree of confusion in her own feelings: a bit of anger at being barter, humor at that since she does sell one of her skills regularly, a bit of fear at implied threats she knows can be carried out, fond memory, and deep pain.

Melilot Took wrote:
When she passes the large, limping man, she inclines her head to him in greeting.

He nods back, a friendly smile touching his lips.

Rev:
Rev wrote:
Rev enters after Azhar. He doesn't comment one way or another. If he has the opportunity, he will discretely assess the cause of the limp.

There are no obvious signs that would account for the limp (ie. no clubfoot, no visible injury, both legs are the same length.)

It may be possible to determine the cause with a more in depth examination, but that would not be discreet.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

"I am better versed in daylight deeds," Gravlax says. "I will stay."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Here's my Sense Motive roll. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The younger, limping man leads you down a hallway with many doors, until he gets to the small door at the far end from the hidden back entrance from which that the group entered. The door opens into a large space. High windows, which would let in sunlight during the day, also keep it from being obvious that the interior is light with lanterns.

Looking around, the large mural of a human man dressed in green robes marked with the symbol of a winged eye is placed to draw attention to itself. The open floor has slightly darker stone where pews must have once sat. Now the large church space, which could hold one hundred people, has nineteen people within, if you include your own party.

Eleven pairs of eyes turn in your direction when you come in, all but one young. Curiosity at your entrance, which is clouded with worry when they see Janiven come in last, following a trailing Cassian.

A young woman of tien heritage, maybe 18 or 19 years old, with deeply black hair pulled back into a severe bun held in place by chopsticks except for long bangs that hide some of her face when she looks down. She wears loose baggy clothes the sleeves of the shirt rolled up to reveal dusky skin. Overall the impression is of a dumpy old maid in a younger woman's body.

Perception DC 24:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
The girl is actually quite beautiful, but has gone to great lengths to disguise her appearance. Her eyes which she keeps down most of the time, even when talking to someone, are a deep purple.
DC 25 K:Local:
She is Amaya Kaijistu, her family runs a glassblowers shop in Rego Pena. They are relatively recent transplants to Westcrown, Amaya being born within their first year in the city.

There is a small halfling woman, who is easy to mistake for a child until she looks up, at which point the age in her eyes in unmistakable. She has light brown hair and doe-brown eyes. Her overall demeanor is one expected from a well-trained servant, but a thread of confidence and self worth is apparent from the tilt of her head.

Melilot:
This would be Fiosa.

A young man of perhaps 19 who smells a bit of horse. He is dressed simply and appears to be clean. As he looks at your group his vibrant amber eyes are distinct.

DC 30 K:Local:
He is Gorvio, and he works with his uncle Jacovo, a local horse trader. An often drunk horse trader.

The only person in the room who doesn't appear to be young, is a much older man. Deeply brown skin, what was once black hair now shot through with gray, he wears simple clothes and his finger tips are stained black.

Azhar/Rev/DC 35 K:Local:
The man is Jask. He used to be a cleric for one of the major shipping lines and lived in Westcrown for so long that people had started to forget that he was from 'away'. Until his past caught up with him a year ago and dragged him off to Sargava in chains. He reappearance in Westcrown is... unusual.

Standing in one of the shadows in the church (although plainly clear to all of you) is one of the older of the people, maybe 22. He is tall dark skinned man who has not a single hair on his head.

Rev/DC 30 K:Local:
A dock worker named Larko. He doesn't talk much and never unless spoken to.

Sitting cross-legged on the floor when you enter is a thin and wiry woman of maybe 19 years. Her clothes are of poor quality and old, but keep meticulously clean and mended. Her hair is a short bob of brown-copper, a style that seems to be designed more for ease of use than appearance. She has tanned pale skin and the eyes that watch you all enter the room are a dark brown.

DC 30 K:Local:
One of the many porters that work in Cheliax, Mathalen often needs to change employers because she has a bad habit of telling the people she shleps for the truth, rather than what they want to hear.

Sticking out in the primarily Chelixian group is a dark skinned Varisian male. His hazel eyes flick past each of you as you enter, until he sees Janiven, and then remain focused on her.

Azhar:
You recognize him as Rizzardo, although last time you saw him he was living with his family in a caravan in Varisia.

Another dark-skinned garundi man, this one leans against a wall, dressed very similarly to Gravalax and he nods to the pale haired man as he comes into the room.

Gravalax/DC 30 K:local:
Sclavo is a scribe in one of Westcrown's courts.

One of the younger people in the hall is a 17-year-old girl with dark brown, almost black, hair and bright sapphire blue eyes that, even now, flash with humor. She, of all of the people, seems to be dressed for going out at night and not being noticed, in dark pants and shirt.

Cassian/DC 18 Sense Motive:
bluff 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Her eyes go wide in surprise when she sees Cassian come in last. Surprised, happy, and a little worried.

And she totally does a little wave to Rygel, which the monkey blatantly ignores.

Cassian/DC 25 K:Local:
The girl is Tarvi, the child of a pair of successful jewelry makers and works at their store: The Glittering Palace.
Cassian:
And those are totally your old clothes.

Everyone notices the green hair of the next man first, so much so that it is actually hard to remember much of his other features. An impression of a stony face, gray eyes and a block of wood and a knife in his hands.

DC 25 K:Local:
Vitti is a talented woodcarver known for his eccentricity of only carving from wood that he has harvested from deadfalls ~ which limits his income for lack of basic materials.

The flame-haired gnome woman smirks at the group as you enter and she flat out laughs when she sees Cassian come in.

Cassian/DC 25 K:local:
Yakopulio is the bartender at a dive called the Bruised Eel up in Rego Crua.


Male Tiefling

Mana:

i knew that... about the d8. don't know why i rolled a d6. if i don't wake them, will they wake up on their own?

how does Rev know A dock worker named Larko. He doesn't talk much and never unless spoken to.? thanks!


Male Tiefling

When Rev spots the old man, he frowns, a look of disapproval he doesn't even attempt to hide. He says nothing, and doesn't react to the others in the room, not even the laughing gnome.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Dice:

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
K:Local 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Gravlax nods back at the similarly-dressed man, and wanders near him. Gravlax settles into an easy standing posture, as though he could attend quietly all night.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
K:Local DC 24 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
K:Local DC 25 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Can't make the DC 35 roll, so I won't bother.
K:Local DC 30 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
K:Local DC 30 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
K:Local DC 30 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
K:Local DC 25 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian's eyes narrow when he sees the blue eyed girl, and nearly rushes over there. Next to each other, the resemblance is unmistakable. Their coloring is nearly identical, the only difference being Cassian's darker eyes. "What in the name of all that's holy are you doing here?" he hisses.


Rev:
You recognize him from your medical work. At some of the places that you have provided medical care, he has dropped off meat or gathered food.

Rev wrote:
When Rev spots the old man, he frowns, a look of disapproval he doesn't even attempt to hide. He says nothing, and doesn't react to the others in the room, not even the laughing gnome.

The old man looks back at Rev, "I do not deserve that look, I know I'm far too old to be a revolutionary." He straightens, "But i like to support good challenges."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian's eyes narrow when he sees the blue eyed girl, and nearly rushes over there. Next to each other, the resemblance is unmistakable. Their coloring is nearly identical, the only difference being Cassian's darker eyes. "What in the name of all that's holy are you doing here?" he hisses.

"I..." she looks up at the noticeably taller man, her smile dimming slightly, no fear but a bit of worry. "Janiven sometimes comes into the shop with her clients. We talked a few times when they were busy." Eyes clear as she looks up, "A few weeks ago we talked about the shadows and I wanted to help."

Cassian/DC 9 Sense Motive:
bluff 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
There is something about the shadows that is important to her reason that she doesn't seem to want to talk about in front of everyone.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar's rolls:

Perception dc24: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Sense Motive dc18: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Azhar remains fairly impassive though he smiles amiably enough to the others. The older man receives a slightly raised eyebrow and something of a rueful grin.

The Varisian also receives a nod of acknowledgement, "Decided to settle down then?", his tone has perhaps a bit of a teasing quality about it, and is definitely not unfriendly.

Azhar notes Cassian's protective nature and their similarities. He begins to open his mouth, thinks better of it and stays silent.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
chavamana wrote:
"I..." she looks up at the noticeably taller man, her smile dimming slightly, no fear but a bit of worry. "Janiven sometimes comes into the shop with her clients. We talked a few times when they were busy." Eyes clear as she looks up, "A few weeks ago we talked about the shadows and I wanted to help."

Cassian rubs the bridge of his nose. "This is treason. If you get caught, they'll put you to death. And that's not to mention that we're hunting monsters, which isn't exactly the safest thing to begin with."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
The Varisian also receives a nod of acknowledgement, "Decided to settle down then?", his tone has perhaps a bit of a teasing quality about it, and is definitely not unfriendly.

Low voice, a untrained baritone, "Hadn't planned on it." His eyes still on Janiven as she comes into the room.

Azhar/DC 20 Sense Motive:
He did relax when Cassian moved away from Janiven, as if their close positioning bothered him.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian rubs the bridge of his nose. "This is treason. If you get caught, they'll put you to death. And that's not to mention that we're hunting monsters, which isn't exactly the safest thing to begin with."

"Only if we get caught." Her smile come back, "And you never get caught." Her eyes darken a bit at the mention of the monsters.

Cassian/DC 15 Perception:
"And the monsters were coming anyway."
201 to 250 of 9,364 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shadows Turn - Chavamana's CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.