Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows over Westcrown

Game Master chavamana


1,751 to 1,800 of 9,364 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Gozran 7, Limelight Theater: Day 2 - Blocking and Lighting

Perform: Oratory 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

chavamana wrote:


The blocking isn't the more entertaining of activities but there are small hints at the dangers of the play.

Antonio makes no secret of the fact that he is glad not to be cast as Larazod.


Gravlax:
After the bite of her pasta, she tries a bite of 'her' half of his food. She eats a quarter of her dish, the half of his, and then finishes with the quarter of her own. She doesn't seem to feel the need to chatter during the meal and her own eating is slow, not so much because she feels the need to keep her clothes pristine, although she does, but because her use of the utensils is a slow, studied act.

After the last bite of food she sits for a bit, then licks her lips to ensure that she doesn't have any remains of cream sauce hiding. She looks at him with a smile, takes a drink from the goblet finishing her water, "Good choice."


Cassian:
Gozran 1/Tarvi (1d100 ⇒ 100)
Cassian, knowing his sister well, is able to pull out the things that mean something to her... and a few spare sets of appropriate clothing. If there was anything Cassian cared about that was left behind when he moved out, it is here. As well as a leather backpack large enough to carry said items. Around the time that Cassian is really poking through the items, Tarvi finds him. And a little while later there is the creak of the stair that indicates one of their parents moving on the stair well.

Gozran 4/Janiven
"Oh" The exhalation heavy. Her thigh moves against him, her response to the passion in his kiss plain in her eyes. Looking up at him, "I think the story you have in your mind may be more exciting than the one that caused this scar." She smiles, "But the man who scarred me is dead. And I was the one who killed him." Her smile grows evil yet sensual, "Do you want reality to intrude in your image?"

Gozran 7/Daytime
Millech is happy to speak softly, at least when Nonon is focused on the actors rather than the lights. He is also happy to ask Cassian to move one of the lights when Cassian is right next to it and he is on the far side, if Cassian doesn't seem to mind.


Melilot:
Fiosa
She makes an annoyed angry noise. "Maybe I should start coming with you all so I can make sure you don't get hurt by your allies." She perks up, "But if it is the opposite of what I can do... Then he can't hurt you if you stay at a distance..." A pause, "When that is an option..."

"Maybe a discussion about teamwork tactics?"

Thesing
"ah, Melilot. Beautiful name." He walk a few paces slower, so that he can actually just talk down to her rather than down and back to her. "You were with Lucius Doniven a week or so ago... weren't you?" His voice silky soft, persuading. "I'd like to hire him for a job... would you know how I can get in touch with him?"

Melilot and Sense Motive DC 18:
His interest doesn't seem quite so beneficent as he tone seems to be trying.

Azhar:
Glassworks
Arata smiles at him, recognizing him. "Ah, Azhar, of course. But I've already promised my evening to my bride, so no dragon stories." He 'warns' with a smile.

Rev and Azhar:
"oh" She pops the olive in her mouth, sucking on it for a moment before chewing. "And you reset the traps after you were done?"

She picks up another olive, playing it over her fingers. "How long were the serpentfolk there before the Zura culists came? What destroyed the cultist colony? What happened?"


Male Tiefling

Azhar and Mana:

Mana, I don't think we ever leveled Rev. Can we get together tomorrow evening, or will you be busy?

Did we take the rubbings from the walls in the temple, or am i remembering a different adventure? and this is where the ancient 3 Azlanti Silver coins are from?

The olive no longer distracting him. Rev chimes in, before Ailyn can let Azhar know what specifically she is interested in, with details on the architecture, the artifacts, the wall rubbings, everything he thought was interesting at the time. He mentions the priestess of Ydersius, and her secret chamber.


Azhar and Rev:
We can get together tomorrow evening :)

And yes you have the right adventure in mind and yep that is where the silver coins are from.

Her attention focuses on Rev's speaking, as he gets close to finishing she starts to nibble on the olive. "No wonder Glavos was so excited about seeing where your clues led."


Male Tiefling

Mana:

"Somehow I think, even knowing that you are emotional right now, is not going to excuse the fact that I am the one whos making you cry in the eyes of that formidable woman." He says softly to Fiosa.

"I have Azhar to look out for me. I'm not concerned." He says with a certain arrogance and smugness which can only be attributed due to the experience of always being able to count on his little brother, regardless of the odds.

Changes the subject. "Did you want to take a look at your book?"


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM/flex:
Mathalen wrote:
After the last bite of food she sits for a bit, then licks her lips to ensure that she doesn't have any remains of cream sauce hiding. She looks at him with a smile, takes a drink from the goblet finishing her water, "Good choice."

"They were both wonderful dishes," Gravlax says, choosing that way to interpret her comment.

"It's nice to eat a really good meal every now and again. To remind oneself that food can be a pleasure and not solely fodder."

Gravlax closes his eyes for a moment, and sighs. "To enjoy."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Rev & Chava/ai:

Azhar leans back, eating, drinking, and ceding the floor entirely to Rev. At least for now.

Chava/gw:

Glassworks
Arata wrote:
Arata smiles at him, recognizing him. "Ah, Azhar, of course. But I've already promised my evening to my bride, so no dragon stories." He 'warns' with a smile.

Azhar smiles, "Ah, of course, and she is a very lucky woman and you a lucky man." he smiles at the others, takes a deep breath. "Mr. Arata, sir. I have found an interest in glass...and of course, your daughter. Unfortunately, there are many occasions when my time is not my own and I have commitments I must keep, but I was hoping to find a way to assist 'maya in her interests and her learning and admittedly hopefully free up a few moments for ourselves as well...if that were even a possibility."

"I would love to learn how to make glass...but would I be able to help out here when I can? In...any way?"


Rev:
With a smile she starts to reach for the waterproof leather bag also sitting on the blanket, but he earlier words sink in her hands still. "You have Azhar to look out for you..." She looks directly at the cleric her voice frank and curious. "Do you have to hury Meli in order to hurt your enemies?"

Gravlax:
She is silent and when he opens his eyes she is looking away, giving him the moment to himself without observation. It is then, with the stillness of her body as she looks at the tablecloth, that the movement of her foot becomes aparent. A restless in her in this public place that is opposite of the calm, determined stillness that she had alone with him in his apartment.

When she realizes that his moment of inward appreciation is done she smiles, "And now?"


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM/flex:
Gravlax returns the smile.

"Walk home. Discuss when we will be getting together next and for what -- or any other topics that strike our fancy. Or walk in amiable, companionable silence."

Gravlax stretches, and is reminded of the packaged book in his lap when it nearly falls. "Oh! We should go to my room and look through the etchings in my new book."

Then he realizes what he said, and smacks his hand over his face, reddening. "That was quite forward. Apologies."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Gozran 1/Tarvi
Cassian quickly grabs their things and pulls Tarvi back into her room. As quickly and as quietly as he can, he gets his beloved sister out of there.

Gozran 4/Janiven
"I'm with you here now. I want the reality." He pauses. "I want you, Jan. And this isn't something I can just take from you." The talk of her prowess is clearly doing a great deal for Cassian, his eyes heavily lidded, his body hard against her leg, his hands beginning to wander again.

Gozran 7/Daytime
Cassian helps without hesitation, using Rygel when he can't reach something. The conversation is kept light, except once when Cassian surreptitiously asks about Delour.

Bluff roll to be subtle. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Male Tiefling

Mana:

"Hurt Meli? When did I hurt Melilot?" He actually has to think about it.

"Oh, when I used negative energy to fight off..." He stops, thinks for a moment. Disbelief... "Wait, she's still mad about the whole thing where she thinks I go out of my way to specifically harm her?" Sighs, but only because his other reaction would be to laugh. "I'm not going out of my way to harm her. I don't know what she has gone through to believe that I would bother to hurt someone who I hardly know anything about, let alone have no feelings for one way or the other. But for your information, I am not doing that. If I am hurting someone for a reason, they'll know it. Look... I channel power granted to me by Pharasma, and honestly, I'm not sure what she sees in me because I'm not very good at being a cleric. Never have been. I am not goodness and light. That's Azhar." He leaves unsaid what he was good at. Because he was once very good at something very evil, and there are some things you just don't tell good people, especially when they were just becoming your friend. Then again, the probably weren't friends anymore. He wasn't safe to be around anyway. Everyone realized this eventually. Everyone but Azhar, and Azhar only stayed because he was his brother, Azhar who knew just how bad Rev could be, but for some reason was in denial. The only one who remained by his side, who stayed there with no obligation to do so was Pharasma, she was the only one who had no expectation for him to be anything but what he was. She didn't need him to change. She knew him for what he was and she still welcomed him... Even Moulder had left for Vixen. Granted, with his blessing, but a very selfish part of Rev had wanted the two foxes to stay with him. Wanted Sasha to see him like he saw her. But she had gone too. So he shoved his dreams aside, because they were only dreams... and like his mother, his dreams of a future, of love and a family, had no place in his life. He was Pharasma's because she loved him when no one else could, because she came to him when he called for her aid. She saved him when he could not save himself. He would do anything and everything in his power to aid her.

"It takes all I have to focus and exclude three people from harm when I use that power. If more than three people are within thirty feet of me when it activates, someone gets hurt. There was a time when I couldn't control it at all. Everyone got hurt. But I've gained some modicum of control, and now I can channel it so the strongest, least injured person is caught up in it. One lousy fight, and your friend happened to be too close to me, and she got hurt because if it hadn't been her, someone else who was significantly more injured than she was would have gone down. I don't even exclude my own brother. And I actually care about him. That should tell you something." Perhaps he has told her too much. Expects her to panic, freak out, get angry at him. It would be the expected reaction after all. He just admitted to hurting her friend, to not really being sorry, to be willing to do it again if it meant someone weaker would be safe from his power.

"I tried to explain to her how it worked, but she got pissy and decided she'd rather just stay away from me than listen. And you know, that's fine. It's her prerogative. I wouldn't be within thirty feet of me either, if I had the choice." He's kind of annoyed, but his voice never raises, his anger is smoldering, low-key. "I'm not a swordsman and fighter, or a thief and a sneak, or a politician with connections, or anything else that the members of our merry band seem to be. I don't fit in with them, and I know that. I don't pretend otherwise. This is who I am. If Melilot doesn't like it, she can stay away from me, and her problem is solved. If she comes within the range of my power, and I need to use it, then I can't guarantee she won't get hurt. Better the least injured person take a little damage, than someone who might go down any second. If she doesn't understand that, well, then maybe I'm not the only bastard in the group after all."


Male Tiefling

Azhar and Mana:
chavamana wrote:

"oh" She pops the olive in her mouth, sucking on it for a moment before chewing. "And you reset the traps after you were done?"

She picks up another olive, playing it over her fingers. "How long were the serpentfolk there before the Zura culists came? What destroyed the cultist colony? What happened?"

Rev steals the olive she's playing with. Pops it into his mouth.

After a moment, "You mean, what, besides, us... happened." A small, almost sad grin. And he fills her in on the details he knows that he did not cover already, explains what they were able to pierce together. Even on the words of the Priestess. Finally, after he's spoken for a while he adds, The traps were reset. Even without the creatures inside, it's still quite dangerous. And it's not easy to get into. It's definitely not a one person job."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Rev & Chava/ai:

Lounging back, Azhar nods in agreement, continuing to sip on his drink.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Azhar:
Glassworks
Arata pauses, looking Azhar up and down, then closing his eyes. They are closed for a long time and when they open there is a steady, evaluating gaze in them. "If my daughter didn't exist, would you have any interest in the glass?"

Gravlax:
She reaches forward, taking the hand he smacked himself with it. She squeezes the hand. With a smile, "You are allowed a few liberties."

She looks out the windows fronting the restaurant, evaluating the quality of the light. "Can we take a round about walk to your room? My stomach needs exercise before I look at etchings."

Assuming he agrees, she leaves money on the table to cover the price of the meal and a tad more, then walks to the door, ignoring the looks on the faces of a few more... delicate eaters.


Cassian:
Gozran 1/Tarvi
The return to trip to the exiting balcony is quick and quiet. Cassian is able to climb down easily and Tarvi takes advantage of the light gloves she wore to do more of a controlled slide fall down using the rope to control her momentum. Rygel on the balcony, unties the rope then drops down onto Cassian, looking (and feeling) quite proud of himself.

By this point the streets are at the tail end of twilight, the true dark of night chasing quickly on its heels. Once you move far enough away that you won't be seen from the building you just broke into, Tarvi gives Cassian a quick hug. "Thank you." Very quiet, still mindful of his warning. And then it is a journey back to your new apartment in Scriba... needing to go slower than Cassian's normal pace, since Tarvi can't quite move with his speed through the dark streets.

stealth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Cassian percep 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27; Rygel possible aid 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Tarvi Percep 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Just a about two blocks from the building now called home, Cassian notices two dog-sized shapes in the shadow. Normally this wouldn't worry the thief much except that, even though they are dimly light, he can't make out the forms fully as they ebbs and flow with the shadows surrounding them. And something almost resembling antennae straighten and point in the direction of the siblings.

Gozran 4/Janiven
Her skin pricks under the attention of his hands, the sensation traveling through her body, her nipples pebbling. Still in control of some of her own body, she doesn't let her hips move against him. She watches him as she speaks, giving it in slow pieces, "I was sixteen when I needed to leave Westcrown. I joined up with the military as a scout. It was good for me, taught me discipline, control... all things that my life before lacked. Sneak into an area, report back, let the commander figure out whatever plan he was going to spend blood on, then support it from a distance."

"I was with them for a year... About a week before I was going to sign up for longer we were sent out. Some noble needed to expand his fields and had acquired some land but the previous owners weren't so keen on moving, something about not actually having agreed to the contract that stole their land out from under them for a pittance... Although I learned most of that later."

"It was simple, all we had to do was drive them out. Easy." She stops, her eyes far away, "Until the noble decided that they had been uppity and should die instead of just losing their home. They were already running when he gave the order. I could have killed two of them as they ran. I could have shot and missed, pretended it was the wind or the distance. But I just didn't shoot." She shakes her head, "He didn't have another archer there. He hadn't thought I'd disobey him."

She laughs, the sound low in her throat, "He was stunned. That's really what gave the farmer and his wife life... he was too shocked to give any order." Her eyes return to the here and now, "The scar is a reminder that every choice carries a price."

Gozran 7/Daytime
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

"It was about two months ago. Her royal visbarontess was the lead in a place," looks at Cassian, "it was pretty popular, you probably heard of it if ya didn't see it... Winter of White Roses. She got badly injured before one of the shows and Ms. Nymmis was her understudy." He shrugs, "She got cut, Calseinica got the part... And she was, is, good. Delour believes that Calseinica did something to cause the accident... she made that very clear in the months following... disgraceful the way she made her hatred so public."

He motions to the petite beauty, "She didn't even notice. She'd been working so hard to break into the theater... that when it happened she was just swept along."

His own comment, offhand, as if it is unimportant, "Delour... she's not charging Nonon anything to be in the play... provided he cast Calseinica as Ilsandra."


Rev:
Fiosa listens, then quietly, calmly, "She's not mad, I asked how your mission went..." there is a long pause, "She had nice things to say about Azhar." She adds apparently the type of person who tries to focus on the positive.

Her forehead furrows, "So you can protect three people that are in range. And the group that went into the tunnels to stop the Bastards had three melee people and two ranged." She smiles, "Then as long as Meli and Janiven keep out of range when you expect trouble it works, right?" Her head cocks to one side and there is a focusing of her attention on his face. "How come you are mad at Meli for moving out of range when you explained to her what your range was?" Her tone confused, "I mean, it's not your fault that you can only protect a limited number of people, if you could you would protect them all... so why is it bad that she tried to make your choice easier?"


Azhar and Rev:
She leans back, clearly having enjoyed the story. Shakes her head, "Not worthwhile if you've already torn all of her story from her."

She stands up, brings the box of treats to the table, pulling out a flaky bread filled with soft, almost molten chocolate for herself. "I guess I have to wait and see if Glavour finishes it with as much style as you started it."

She eats the bread by ripping it apart piece by piece. When this causes chocolate to drip on her palms, she licks it up. If she does this with slightly more flair than is needed when Rev looks in her direction, she certainly doesn't act like this is the case.


Male Tiefling

Mana:
chavamana wrote:

Fiosa listens, then quietly, calmly, "She's not mad, I asked how your mission went..." there is a long pause, "She had nice things to say about Azhar." She adds apparently the type of person who tries to focus on the positive.

Her forehead furrows, "So you can protect three people that are in range. And the group that went into the tunnels to stop the Bastards had three melee people and two ranged." She smiles, "Then as long as Meli and Janiven keep out of range when you expect trouble it works, right?" Her head cocks to one side and there is a focusing of her attention on his face. "How come you are mad at Meli for moving out of range when you explained to her what your range was?" Her tone confused, "I mean, it's not your fault that you can only protect a limited number of people, if you could you would protect them all... so why is it bad that she tried to make your choice easier?"

"Everyone has nice things to say about Azhar. He's nice." Rev says, with a certain amount of annoyance. Which only grows. "Why does everyone think I'm mad about that?" Definitely more annoyed. Not at Fiosa, but still, annoyed at the situation. "She pissed me off because she insinuated that I was going out of my way to hurt her. And I wasn't. She can go wherever she damn well pleases, and it doesn't matter to me. But I am not the kind of man who just randomly hurts a woman, and for her to play the victim is really annoying."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Gozran 1/Tarvi[ooc]
"Oh, @#*!. Tarvi, on the count of three. Run. No questions. Just go."

Cassian gives his sister a head start, the dagger falling into his waiting palm. He runs after, covering the retreat.

Gozran 4/Janiven
[b]"A do-gooder, huh?"
he says affectionately. "I should have known." He kisses the scar delicately. "And yet you're here, letting a man like me turn you into his whore."

Gozran 7/Millech
Cassian nods. "What was the accident exactly?"

Gozran 7/Calseinica
Cassian arrive at Calseinica's place when he said he would, sneaking in and climbing the wall.

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 Rygel assist 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava/gw:
Glassworks
Quote:
Arata pauses, looking Azhar up and down, then closing his eyes. They are closed for a long time and when they open there is a steady, evaluating gaze in them. "If my daughter didn't exist, would you have any interest in the glass?"

Azhar answers immediately, "Interest? yes. Would I want to understand the process, absolutely. Would I want to be able to make creations with the brilliance and color and liveliness of glass? yes, I most assuredly would. Would I want to badly enough to learn the process so I could potentially create another glassworks where-ever and in what-ever fashion your daughter decides she would like to eventually settle down in? No, sir, I can't honestly say that would have been anywhere in my thoughts whatsoever." Azhar stands and waits. He has answered truthfully. That is pretty much all he thinks he could do at this point.

Rev & Chava/ai:

Ailyn wrote:

She leans back, clearly having enjoyed the story. Shakes her head, "Not worthwhile if you've already torn all of her story from her."

She stands up, brings the box of treats to the table, pulling out a flaky bread filled with soft, almost molten chocolate for herself. "I guess I have to wait and see if Glavour finishes it with as much style as you started it."
She eats the bread by ripping it apart piece by piece. When this causes chocolate to drip on her palms, she licks it up. If she does this with slightly more flair than is needed when Rev looks in her direction, she certainly doesn't act like this is the case.

Azhar takes a similar pastry for himself, he remains mostly silent, enjoying the dessert, it is obvious his brother and the Pathfinder have an interest in each other. He's mildly curious as to how the night will develop for them.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Rev:
She blinks, three times, "I thought you were mad because it sounded like you were getting annoyed describing what happened." She explains her own question. Her head ducks a little, "sorry"

"I was just trying to understand what happened... Meli isn't big on explanations, more statements of fact." She looks up at Rev, not scared but worried for the dark man. "She didn't tell me that you were trying to hurt her... just that you hurt your allies when you attacked the enemy. And she was one of them."

She looks down, "I was just hoping I could help get it figured out, so that you all know what tactics would work best for you all... since you are going into the Folly together... and since you have to work together to survive the trials..."


Cassian:
Gozran 1/Tarvi
Cassian init 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Tarvi init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
beasties 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

They scent the air like hounds, turning. As they from the darker shadows to the dim light, their amorphous bodies squelch along, body long, snake-like, but with too many multi-jointed digits. Black, oily flesh that blends seamlessly into the shadow. They charge up the alley, their attention focused on the slighter figure, but stopped by Cassian blocking the way. They claw at him, claws of shadow forming as they are needed and disappearing back into their body mere seconds later. (1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9; 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23; 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4)

Tarvi, not arguing, obeys, running down the street, but the same dark armor that she used against the bone dogs materializes around her, and she looks back wincing as one claw breaks through Cassian's armor.

Gozran 4/Janiven
A flash in her green eyes, "Not a whore." She kisses him, the hard edge in her voice softening, "I want you. I like you. I enjoy the f!~* out of the way you make me feel... And the way I can make you feel."

She darkens, thinking back on their conversations, "And it isn't my body that is paying for your skills." A pause, "Ah... f*%$... except that I did..." She squirms, apparently realizing that in their banter she had done just that.

Gozran 7/Millech
"Delour was in a open carriage, an imp panicked the horses, she was thrown." He pauses, "It is an accident that could... and would... be planned by a glory-hungry understudy." He shrugs, "But her surprise was too honest and her when her portrayal of the Witch of Roses blew Delour's out of the water... that is what gave Calseinica a place as a star... and that grates on the old diva."


Azhar:
The older man stares at him for long minutes more. "Fine... when you can, we'll make a place for you." His eyes sharpen, "That means you'll be starting in the grunt work, just like any who comes here to learn." He warns.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava/gw:
Arata wrote:
The older man stares at him for long minutes more. "Fine... when you can, we'll make a place for you." His eyes sharpen, "That means you'll be starting in the grunt work, just like any who comes here to learn." He warns.

Azhar bows, "Thank you, sir. I will be here tomorrow morning. What time do you want me in?"

unless otherwise noted, Azhar will be at the Glassworks any morning he does not have to be somewhere else.


Male Tiefling

Azhar and Mana:
chavamana wrote:

She leans back, clearly having enjoyed the story. Shakes her head, "Not worthwhile if you've already torn all of her story from her."

She stands up, brings the box of treats to the table, pulling out a flaky bread filled with soft, almost molten chocolate for herself. "I guess I have to wait and see if Glavour finishes it with as much style as you started it."

She eats the bread by ripping it apart piece by piece. When this causes chocolate to drip on her palms, she licks it up. If she does this with slightly more flair than is needed when Rev looks in her direction, she certainly doesn't act like this is the case.

"He wasn't big on style, as I recall." Rev smiles down at Ailyn. He is certainly looking in her direction. He catches her hand in his own, and if she doesn't resist, kisses a spot where chocolate has found its way.


Male Tiefling

Rev:

take 10 on sense motive roll for spoiler.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 perception spoiler ...previous one, not the dc 29 one.. can't actually make that roll...


Male Tiefling

Mana:
chavamana wrote:

She blinks, three times, "I thought you were mad because it sounded like you were getting annoyed describing what happened." She explains her own question. Her head ducks a little, "sorry"

"I was just trying to understand what happened... Meli isn't big on explanations, more statements of fact." She looks up at Rev, not scared but worried for the dark man. "She didn't tell me that you were trying to hurt her... just that you hurt your allies when you attacked the enemy. And she was one of them."

She looks down, "I was just hoping I could help get it figured out, so that you all know what tactics would work best for you all... since you are going into the Folly together... and since you have to work together to survive the trials..."

"Always apologizing." He says softly. Anger not in those words. 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 diplomacy to be less intimidating.


Male Tiefling

Mana 2:
oops, for Fiosa, forgot to add...
A gentle hand under her chin, tips her head up, so he can look her in the eyes, to see if she means her words, that she was just looking out for the team's best interests. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 sense motive


Male Tiefling
chavamana wrote:

Gozran 7, Limelight Theater: Day 2 - Blocking and Lighting

The blocking isn't the more entertaining of activities but there are small hints at the dangers of the play.

"At this point the torture device will rise from the floor so Larazod can be strapped in."

"When you climb into the beast that devourers you, make sure to do so gracefully. This is an artform."

"Asmodeus himself will appear to pull the guilty into Hell."

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 acting

"What fun." Rev says under his breath. Acts with skill, if not with flair. He must still be getting a feel for the character.

Rev:
guidance & eagle's splendor for the skill roll


Various rolls

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Perform Act or Comedy or Dance or something: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Apparently blossoming under the kind attention of Calseinica and Thesing, Melilot gives as good a performance as she is ever likely to.


Fiosa:
chavamana wrote:

She makes an annoyed angry noise. "Maybe I should start coming with you all so I can make sure you don't get hurt by your allies." She perks up, "But if it is the opposite of what I can do... Then he can't hurt you if you stay at a distance..." A pause, "When that is an option..."

"Maybe a discussion about teamwork tactics?"

that is honestly simply trading in one unacceptable tactical liability for another that is only slightly less problematic Melilot says.

but when i brought up the issue he made the same observation and as i do not make tactical decisions for the group i took his suggestion rather than argue Melilot says. at which point he appeared to become offended that i had done so

bizarre She shrugs.


Thesing:
chavamana wrote:
"ah, Melilot. Beautiful name." He walk a few paces slower, so that he can actually just talk down to her rather than down and back to her. "You were with Lucius Doniven a week or so ago... weren't you?" His voice silky soft, persuading. "I'd like to hire him for a job... would you know how I can get in touch with him?"

i can probably get a message to him if that would work


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Gozran 1/Tarvi
With Tarvi behind him, Cassian begins to retreat.

Gozran 4/Janiven
Cassian grins. "See? I turned you into my whore and you didn't even notice." He traces her lips with his finger.

Gozran 7/Millech
"Is there anyone else that would have benefited from Delour's injury or death?"


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM/flex:
Mathalen wrote:
She looks out the windows fronting the restaurant, evaluating the quality of the light. "Can we take a round about walk to your room? My stomach needs exercise before I look at etchings."

"The long way around," Gravlax agrees. "Walking off a heavy meal sounds like a good idea. Less likely to fall asleep immediately after."

Gravlax holds his book in the arm opposite the side that Mathalen is walking. He takes his cue for walking speed on hers.


Gozran 7, Limelight Theater: Day 2 - Blocking and Lighting

chavamana wrote:

The blocking isn't the more entertaining of activities but there are small hints at the dangers of the play.

"At this point the torture device will rise from the floor so Larazod can be strapped in."

"When you climb into the beast that devourers you, make sure to do so gracefully. This is an artform."

"Asmodeus himself will appear to pull the guilty into Hell."

During one of the breaks ("No, Millech, I want the green gel here, to give them the right hue after the trial of pleasure."), Calseinica pulls a note out of her pocket looking surprised. The dark-haired beauty blushes prettily, smiles brilliantly, and replaces the note into her pocket.

GM:
azhar 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15
gravlax 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20
melilot 1d20 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) - 1 + 2 = 6
rev 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

At the end of the day, Nonon looks around at his 'actors'. "This is more painful to watch than an armadillo attempting to mate with a giraffe." A pause, "And that show would probably bring in more revenue."


Gozran 7, Limelight Theater: Day 2 - Blocking and Lighting[

chavamana wrote:
At the end of the day, Nonon looks around at his 'actors'. "This is more painful to watch than an armadillo attempting to mate with a giraffe." A pause, "And that show would probably bring in more revenue."

Melilot waits patiently in case the man plans on saying something useful or relevant at some later point.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Gozran 7, Limelight Theater: Day 2 - Blocking and Lighting
during the breaks
Azhar asks advice from all of the experienced personnel about how something should be said or done or how props or a particular scene is supposed to work. He is, of course, attempting to be friendly, but honestly trying to learn as well.
diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

chavamana wrote:
During one of the breaks ("No, Millech, I want the green gel here, to give them the right hue after the trial of pleasure."), Calseinica pulls a note out of her pocket looking surprised. The dark-haired beauty blushes prettily, smiles brilliantly, and replaces the note into her pocket.

Azhar smiles at Calseinica, he makes a mental note to make sure he reads the entire script...just what is the 'trial of pleasure'?

Calseinica, Perception dc15:
"You seem pleased. I suspect perhaps a not-so-secret admirer?" he smiles at her good naturedly.

Chava wrote:

At the end of the day, Nonon looks around at his 'actors'. "This is more painful to watch than an armadillo attempting to mate with a giraffe." A pause, "And that show would probably bring in more revenue."

"Then perhaps you should get into your costume and I shall fetch the giraffe." Azhar responds with a quiet smile.


Gozran 7, Limelight Theater: Day 2 - Blocking and Lighting

Melilot Took wrote:
Melilot waits patiently in case the man plans on saying something useful or relevant at some later point.

Nonon raises one eyebrow at Azhar's comment. "Ah, yes. The return of your wit. Do try to figure out how to point those barbs to the others in the play... I won't be around to insult during the actual performance." A pause, "A this rate I'll be locked in my office, drunk, mourning the death of my career."

To Melilot, his tones booming, "The portrayal of a sick, desperate woman who can only feel something through the application of pain is there, but PROJECTION," he fairly yells. "If the audience can't hear you it doesn't matter how well you do."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Gozran 7, Limelight Theater: Day 2 - Blocking and Lighting

chavamana wrote:
Nonon raises one eyebrow at Azhar's comment. "Ah, yes. The return of your wit. Do try to figure out how to point those barbs to the others in the play... I won't be around to insult during the actual performance." A pause, "A this rate I'll be locked in my office, drunk, mourning the death of my career."

"And the world becomes a better place." Azhar says, but he adds a wink, he doesn't mean it. At least, probably not. He adds a little more cheerfully, "I will do my best sir...or at the very least, I will do." he is still smiling.


Gozran 7, Limelight Theater: Day 2 - Blocking and Lighting
during a break

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar smiles at Calseinica, he makes a mental note to make sure he reads the entire script...just what is the 'trial of pleasure'?

There is a full smile as Azhar talks softly to Calseinica. She whispers back,

Azhar/DC 15 Perception:
"I'm not supposed to talk about him." She says with all seriousness, "He is a secret."

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Azhar:
"As soon as the sun lights the streets of Westcrown." He says with frank honestly and then calls over the two young men who he introduces to Azhar. "Vito, Donato, this is Azhar. He will be coming in the morning to learn glass."

Turns back to Azhar, "They will have already started the fires and the preparation work by the time you can come, but they have rooms here." He explains.

And noted re morning work. And I will assume that you give him warning about the play taking up your time for the week of the play.


Rev and Azhar:
"He seems like a steady fellow." Shrugging, dismissing the jungle-faring pathfinder with the gesture.

Her hand caresses Rev's cheek, "Done with desert?" her voice low in her throat.


Rev:
When Rev has eagle's splendor and guidance up he should have a +6 to his perform:act (+3 CHA, +2 eagle's splendor, +1 guidance)

Fiosa
Fiosa doesn't seem to be a guileless girl and really was primarily concerned with the team's best interest. Under that there is also a concern for two people she likes, Melilot and Rev, and the worry that the angry annoyance could escalate into more serious violence, which she would be opposed to.

Glumly, "I can't seem to do anything to be helpful..."


Melilot:
Fiosa
Fiosa leans over and hugs the slighter woman. "Well.... Maybe he was just feeling defensive about hurting his allies?"

Thesing
He drops down on a knees so that he can look Melilot in the eye, taking one of her little hands in both of his larger ones. His blue eyes intent, filled with emotion, "Oh, I'd appreciate that greatly, beautiful, little Melilot."


Cassian:
Gozran 1/Tarvi
The creatures make a growling sound or what should be a growling sound, except that it diverges into lost bubbles of sound tinged with screams. The creatures, stupid but not mindless, try a different tactic. One charges Cassian, while the other tries to slip around to go for the more tempting prize. (Creature 2 provokes an attack of opportunity from Cassian, AC 14, 20% miss chance due to the blending into the shadows.)

Gozran 4/Janiven
Her mouth slips open and quick as a blink his finger is held between her teeth, the pressure countered by the feel of her tongue playing over the digit. Her teeth loosen and she licks her mouth off of the finger. "Are you going to do something about it?" Challenge in her green eyes, but her body stil shivering under the touch of his hands.

Gozran 7/Millech
"Not as noticeably." The older hunchback looks over at Cassian, intelligence and wisdom won from pain in the depths of his eyes, "But I don't believe in the surface."


Gravlax:
Her pace matches his nicely, brisk but not to a stressing point. Her hand whispers against his free one a bit more often than could be accidental. And, once or twice, she seems to be looking at him rather than the city around them.

However, other than pointing out an interesting statue or plant peeking over a garden wall, her conversation is light. When they get to his door (after running the disapproving glare of the landlady) there is a question in her dark eyes, but she looks down instead, and doesn't ask it.


Gozran 7, Limelight Theater: Day 2 - Blocking and Lighting

chavamana wrote:
To Melilot, his tones booming, "The portrayal of a sick, desperate woman who can only feel something through the application of pain is there, but PROJECTION," he fairly yells. "If the audience can't hear you it doesn't matter how well you do."

Melilot nods. yes that has always come up as an issue she says. i have been attempting to think of some means of ameliorating it

since conventional methods have tended to be of little use i thought draumaturgy might be worth considering

naturally the issue there is that inexpensive spells such as vocal alteration are of short duration whereas longer term spells such as sculpt sound are a significant expense

do you have any suggestions she asks. if there are un sub or supernatural vocal amplification methods i had not considered i would very much like to know of them


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Gozran 7, Limelight Theater: Day 2 - Blocking and Lighting

chavamana wrote:

during a break

There is a full smile as Azhar talks softly to Calseinica. She whispers back,

Azhar responds in kind, he returns her whisper:

Calseinica or Perception dc15:

"I am very happy for you, I hope it works out well." then with a glint in his eye, and a surreptitious glance at all the other men in the area he adds, "anyone I know?"

Chava/gw:
Arata wrote:

"As soon as the sun lights the streets of Westcrown." He says with frank honestly and then calls over the two young men who he introduces to Azhar. "Vito, Donato, this is Azhar. He will be coming in the morning to learn glass."

Turns back to Azhar, "They will have already started the fires and the preparation work by the time you can come, but they have rooms here." He explains.

"Permission to sleep on the shop floor just for one night, sir. I would like to see how the preparation work is done at least once, if possible." he pauses, then adds "I have a blanket." as an afterthought.

chava wrote:
And noted re morning work. And I will assume that you give him warning about the play taking up your time for the week of the play.

absolutely, as soon as Azhar finds out himself, he will let Amaya and Arata know, probably the same day he finds out.


Male Tiefling

Azhar and Mana:
Rev responds by kissing the palm of her hand, then her fingers, her wrist.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Gozran 1/Tarvi
"You wanna dance then?" Cassian growls, attempting to spear the one with the rapier. 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 Miss 1d100 ⇒ 7 On the upside, Cassian's attack would have missed regardless. More concerned about getting out of there than inflicting harm, Cassian runs.

Gozran 4/Janiven
Cassian gives her an unblinking look. "Get my @#*! wet. Then get up on all fours. I want to see just how loud I can make you get."

Gozran 7/Millech
"Sometimes the surface can be useful, if only to see how others want to be perceived. But point taken." Cassian pauses, then, with a grin, "She wasn't cruel to you, was she?"


Fiosa:
chavamana wrote:
Fiosa leans over and hugs the slighter woman. "Well.... Maybe he was just feeling defensive about hurting his allies?"

Melilot returns the hug, although she seems a little puzzled.

i am not sure what you mean

Thesing:
chavamana wrote:
He drops down on a knees so that he can look Melilot in the eye, taking one of her little hands in both of his larger ones. His blue eyes intent, filled with emotion, "Oh, I'd appreciate that greatly, beautiful, little Melilot."

all right then

GM:
In the interest of saving time, it seems likely that Melilot would eventually give the following note to Janiven to pass on to Cassian:

The man whom Lucius Donovan convinced to ride a tired horse would like to hire Mister Donovan for an unstated purpose. It is reasonable to assume that this is intended to be something unpleasant for someone, although whether it is intended to be unpleasant for Mister Donovan or someone else I could not say.

As of yet nothing from D. beyond what one would expect from someone with such obvious jealous b+*#+ issues.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Melilot Took wrote:

Gozran 7, Limelight Theater: Day 2 - Blocking and Lighting

Melilot nods. yes that has always come up as an issue she says. i have been attempting to think of some means of ameliorating it

since conventional methods have tended to be of little use i thought draumaturgy might be worth considering

naturally the issue there is that inexpensive spells such as vocal alteration are of short duration whereas longer term spells such as sculpt sound are a significant expense

do you have any suggestions she asks. if there are un sub or supernatural vocal amplification methods i had not considered i would very much like to know of them

Azhar peers at Melilot curiously, says in a soft voice have you tried raising your voice? or is that not possible?


Melilot raises an eyebrow at Azhar's comment.

raising my voice would be counted among the conventional methods she says. this is me shouting


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Melilot Took wrote:

Melilot raises an eyebrow at Azhar's comment.

raising my voice would be counted among the conventional methods she says. this is me shouting
my natural speaking voice is more along that lines of

Perception dc22: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Azhar waits for an appropriate length of time unless he sees her lips move and stop, then nods and says, "I see. Were your vocal chords damaged then? I'm sorry, maybe we can look into getting those healed? I'm sorry, I am not familiar with magical speech amplification."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Antonio looks up briefly as everyone is quiet, then shrugs, and turns back to his script.


Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar waits for an appropriate length of time unless he sees her lips move and stop, then nods and says, "I see. Were your vocal chords damaged then? I'm sorry, maybe we can look into getting those healed? I'm sorry, I am not familiar with magical speech amplification."

my vocal chords are not damaged


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM/flex:
Mathalen wrote:
When they get to his door (after running the disapproving glare of the landlady) there is a question in her dark eyes, but she looks down instead, and doesn't ask it.

"The etchings," Gravlax says, smiling. "Unless you need the time to find a safe place to stay tonight." Perhaps he overemphasizes the word "safe," perhaps not.


Gozran 7, Limelight Theater: Day 2 - Blocking and Lighting

Melilot Took wrote:

Melilot raises an eyebrow at Azhar's comment.

raising my voice would be counted among the conventional methods she says. this is me shouting

This time Nonon does yell, a voice which could carry clearly to the furthest seat in a theater far larger than this one. "Millech! Fix it!"

And from the catwalks high above, a soft grumble of acknowledgement.

Catwalk or DC 21 Perception:
Millech sighs. And quietly complains, "Actors...."
Cassian:
And rolls his eyes...


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

dice:

Perception dc21: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
and again for the next one
Perception dc21: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 nope

Azhar jumps slightly, clearly startled by the sudden booming voice right next to him.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Stealth: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37

Cassian says to Millech, "You could always strap a bullhorn to her mouth." He gestures futilely to demonstrate.

1,751 to 1,800 of 9,364 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shadows Turn - Chavamana's CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.