Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows over Westcrown

Game Master chavamana


1,451 to 1,500 of 9,364 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Gozran 4

Azhar or Perception DC 15:
There is a longish pause.

am i doing this wrong she asks, puzzled. this is the first time i have ever attempted it


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Melilot Took wrote:

Gozran 4

Mel/Perceptino dc15:
"Um, first time you've sold one of your weapons?" Azhar asks questioningly. He seems a little confused.


Gozran 4

Azhar or Perception DC 15:
the first time i have tried flirting she says. the evidence is beginning to suggest that i am very bad at it


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Cassian:
Lunch
His comment, combined with his standing, does draw her attention to baser desires, but her heated glaze travels up his torso to his midnight dark eyes. The sheer intensity of his pull drawing her to her own feet. "In about a half an hour."

"It could be very dangerous." She smiles, a small shiver traveling through her as he moves closer, "I will need to strive to not fall too far in your debt."

Backstage
ah The soft exultation speaking volumes. "If you do not like hoops Robahl is not the man to be an actor for, he enjoys breaking actors." He shrugs, "Granted, if they survive the breaking, they come out better overall."

He smiles, "I provide the surface lies." He motions to the people tossing tepid insults at the director, "The wizard's magic, the flames of hell. All the little things that no one notices unless they are absent."


Rev:
Ailyn
"Paragons of goodness tend to the boring." She moves into his body, letting his hands keep her there, "Closed door, I like to make my choices between brothers clear."

Once he lifts her onto the counter, her leather-clad legs come up over his hips. Her tongue teasing his as he tastes her. "Alas, no sleep. The perils of exploration."

Her hands slip behind his neck, whispering touch at his hairline. "I look forward to the fading of the light."

Janiven
Her voice soft but acid, "It almost seems the option of choice to show affection in this group." More kindly, "That should be her choice, though, shouldn't it?"


Azhar:
Pharast 25, Amaya
Tarvi looks interested, but she looks over at the clean-up then down at her clothes. "I would like to, but by the time I get cleaned up..." Big purple eyes hopeful, "Maybe tomorrow?"

Pharast 30, Tarvi
The older woman glares over at the armored young man, clearly not seeing him as a possible client, but Tarvi, seems to ignore the woman with glee. "Hi. Gravlax?" Her tone, a bit to the 'why?' but open.


Fiosa:
chavamana wrote:

"That isn't saying much." Fiosa comments quietly.

She thinks for a moment, "Not at all personality-wise, but skill wise you would make a good torturer." She starts to laugh. "Granted it is normally played by a giant of a man..."

might work in my favor Melilot muses. casting against type

Bastard Clean-up, late morning

you all right Melilot asks Ermolos.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Lunch
"Oh, I think we both know how much you'd enjoy working it off," Cassian says. "Let's go do this job. Quickly."

Backstage
"Then you are a useful man to know. What's your name?"


Bastard Clean-up, late morning

Melilot Took wrote:
you all right Melilot asks Ermolos.

He turns to show her the jagged edge of armor where the maggot broke through. Underneath the wound is still an angry pink, but is mostly healed. "I'll live." A pause, "The armor is heavier than normal. That should go away in a day or two, right?"

Melilot:
Fiosa smiles at her. "Of course, you aren't allowed to die, regardless of the part." The statement simple, but carring command.

Cassian:
Cader Hunting
There is a pause, until she closes her eyes, at which point she finally seems capable of turning away. Her voice when she speaks, is slightly shaky for the first few words, "The ninny is the younger son of Ici. He has delusions of being a big game hunter. His forays into Cader used to result in the deaths of a few of his slave bodyguards." She starts walking as she speaks, and turns to look over his shoulder with a smile at the next, "The key is to make sure he thinks he killed whatever it is we find, regardless of the reality."

Backstage
"Millech... the Hump." The last two words added in an afterthought of 'just in case that wasn't obvious.' "And yourself?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Cader Hunting
"Oh, fun! Good thing I bought a new bow." Cassian smiles back at Janiven. "I've never actually hunted animals before, so this should be interesting."

Backstage
"Cassian... the Grump," says the rogue with a happy nod. "I convinced that windbag Thesing the other day that I was an animal wrangler, and got myself free tickets to the performance. So if he thinks my name is Lucius Doniven, that's why... then again, that he might remember one of the little people is probably just flattering myself."

Cassian gets up from the wall to peer through the curtains. "So tell me, Millech. Who are the players and what is the real play?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Gozran 4

Azhar blinks bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 clearly surprised.

Melilot or Perception dc15:
Melilot Took wrote:
the first time i have tried flirting she says. the evidence is beginning to suggest that i am very bad at it

"Um, oh, yes, of course." he tries to recover, smiling wanly at the willowy halfling, "Thank you, Mel, it's appreciated, really. Just a little unexpected is all."

Chava:
Pharast 25, Amaya
Amaya wrote:
Amaya looks interested, but she looks over at the clean-up then down at her clothes. "I would like to, but by the time I get cleaned up..." Big purple eyes hopeful, "Maybe tomorrow?"

Azhar's eyes sparkle, turning violet, perhaps almost matching Amaya's. "I would like that." he says breaking out in a broad smile, which he quickly tries to suppress. bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 mostly unsuccessfully. "What time would be best for you?"

Pharast 30, Tarvi

Tarvi wrote:
The older woman glares over at the armored young man, clearly not seeing him as a possible client, but Tarvi, seems to ignore the woman with glee. "Hi. Gravlax?" Her tone, a bit to the 'why?' but open.

"He said he came here to ask you to "The Elopement of the Dowager Princess". Did he?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Cassian:
Cader Hunting
Which draws her attention to said new bow, with a smile, "You need to be careful then, most animals are probably more crafty than half of your normal prey."

It doesn't take long for the pair to make it to the gate in the wall that separates Crua from Cader. Greeting them is a young noble a few years older than Cassian dressed in the finest of hunting gear, the clothes pristine, the weapons gleaming. He barely notes the presence of the additional guide but one of the more weathered bodyguards does. The dandy steps forward, "Ms. Covi, if you would be so kind as to get us underway." He motions to his men, some carrying massive spears. "I am so hoping for some kind of boar."

Janiven nods, "We can certainly try Nobili Ici." Her face a proper mask of politeness that does very like to hide her low opinion of the noble. A brief conversation with the dottari at the gate and its opening is heralded by the groan of un-oiled metal.

As the large party makes its way through Cader, the older man that noted Cassian falls into step beside Janiven, clearly questioning the new presence. Though her voice is quiet, Cassian can hear her response. "He is an associate and thought he might help mitigate the risk since his lordship keeps wishing to go after more dangerous game." It is unclear if the man believes the lie, but it is enough to get him to back off.

After about an hour, Janiven moves so that she is ahead of the main party. The ruins have grown more crumpled and the vegetation more numerous.

Backstage
Millech looks over at the handsome, blonde man with almost disinterest. "Good actor, decent tenor, repugnant human being." A pause, "Do you know any of the..." His hand, the movement more precise than would be expected from the awkward figure, waves towards the people on the stage, currently trying to insult the play's director.

Cassian and DC 26 Perception:
Jani percep 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 = 28
creature stealth1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Hunting in Cader

Emerging carefully from fallen masonry which may lead to a larger underground burrow, is a dog like creature, except that its head is far more badger than dog and its feet are hoofed.

And if you made that check you have a surprise round. It is about thirty feet away.


Azhar:
Pharast 25, Amaya
She smiles back, perhaps more at his attempt to hide his own reaction, but it is a lovely smile. "Around two? So it will be less crowded, but I'll be able to get back to help Mother for the late rush?"

Pharast 30, Tarvi
"Oh, yes." She nods. "I'd already made plans to go with Amaya." A pause, a hint of sad anger, "Happy I did, since he probably only asked as a means to annoy Cass." Her tone clear that being used for that purpise doesn't amuse her.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Cader Hunting
Cassian unslings his new bow and nocks an arrow. To Rygel, he says, "Let me know if you see anything, huh, big guy?" Cassian pays close attention to the underbrush, though not really knowing what it is he's paying attention to.

Backstage
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Cassian misses whatever it was. [b]"Somewhat. Tell me about the director and the woman there."[/b


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM/flex:
Mathalen wrote:
She looks back at him, "Are there any rules that cover what we should do now?" Partially teasing, mostly curious.

Gravlax grins, and quotes. "No fires in the bedrooms. No alchemy or explosives. Keep the door closed if you must have a window open at night. No half-orcs, tieflings, or demiurges."

He shrugs. "Landlady is a touch racist."

Gravlax glances out the window, then looks back to Mathalen. "But I think we can handle whatever comes next without actual rules. What did you have in mind?"


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Bastard Clean-up: Finishing the Job

"And that is why you always wear gloves," Gravlax says. Not without sympathy.


Bastard Clean-up, late morning

chavamana wrote:
He turns to show her the jagged edge of armor where the maggot broke through. Underneath the wound is still an angry pink, but is mostly healed. "I'll live." A pause, "The armor is heavier than normal. That should go away in a day or two, right?"

yes

Fiosa:
chavamana wrote:
Fiosa smiles at her. "Of course, you aren't allowed to die, regardless of the part." The statement simple, but carring command.

i shall bear that in mind


Gozran 4

Azhar or Perception DC 15:
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Um, oh, yes, of course." he tries to recover, smiling wanly at the willowy halfling, "Thank you, Mel, it's appreciated, really. Just a little unexpected is all."

it was (A question.)

it was (A statement.)

oh (Something bitten off before she says it.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

sometime at or soon after Pharast 30

Azhar:

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"It was taken as a threat, but I think there was something either forgotten or not communicated." his mouth tightens and his head tilts slightly, "let me try talking with Tarvi and we'll see where it leads." he nods and turns to leave.

"Don't put yourself in danger of Cassian on my account. But thank you." Gravlax says.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava:
Pharast 25, Amaya
Amaya wrote:
She smiles back, perhaps more at his attempt to hide his own reaction, but it is a lovely smile. "Around two? So it will be less crowded, but I'll be able to get back to help Mother for the late rush?"

"Two it is then." Azhar gives up trying to repress his smile, "Natsunoya Tea House okay? or do you have a favorite spot somewhere?"

...
Pharast 30, Tarvi
Tarvi wrote:
"Oh, yes." She nods. "I'd already made plans to go with Amaya." A pause, a hint of sad anger, "Happy I did, since he probably only asked as a means to annoy Cass." Her tone clear that being used for that purpose doesn't amuse her.

Azhar smiles, "Your brother didn't remember Gravlax having any reason to visit you here at all. Cass apparently took it as a threat to you. Do you think it could have just been a misunderstanding? I mean,...all of it?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Gozran 4
For a moment Azhar's expression is a little questioning.

Melilot or Perception DC15:

Melilot Took wrote:

it was (A question.)

it was (A statement.)
oh (Something bitten off before she says it.)

"Was there something else? I really do appreciate your gift, Mel. It is very nice." he pauses, "Are you planning on going to the auditions tomorrow?"


..
sometime at or soon after Pharast 30
Gravlax:
Gravlax wrote:
"Don't put yourself in danger of Cassian on my account. But thank you." Gravlax says.

Azhar nods as he turns to leave, apparently staying non-committal on Cassian's dangerousness.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Gozran 5 - Auditions, Rego Scriba: Limehouse Theater

"Antonio Fibonacci, for the part of Dentris Malagrada."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

"When you leave, you are burned into my sight like the stench of an old fish. Your garments are like a codpiece, leaving you quivering shriveled within. And your mother was an exceedingly large woman."

Less like a plank of wood, but not great. His voice still carries.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Cassian:
Backstage
The hunchback humphs slightly. "Robahl is a decent enough fellow. Great talent, just never had the looks of the peacock in order to get the roles to show it off. It's that bitter edge that pushs him to force performances out of his actors."

"The Dama Nymmis... Not right for the part. It's like someone older and more crafty is trying to get the young chit killed."

Cader Hunting
Rygel perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Janiven turns at the sound of something in the undergrowth. Under her breath, "That's not a boar..." Glancing back towards the lordling, "Your hunt, sir." Her voice not at all giving any respect to the title.

More quietly, "If you can manage it, shoot and then move back out towards the group... if we don't draw it out so the ninny has a chance to shoot it before it goes down." A pause, her green eyes sharpening, "F&!&. We want to kill it quick and get out of here."

Cassian 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Janiven 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 2 = 21
beast 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Cassian's attention now drawn, he sees, emerging carefully from fallen masonry which may lead to a larger underground burrow, is a dog like creature, except that its head is far more badger than dog and its feet are hoofed.

Janiven waits only long enough to make sure Cassian has the read of the creature to shoot at the strange beast then moves back towards the 'hunting party'. (1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24, 1d8 ⇒ 4) The cry the beast lets loose is almost human.

You do have the beasty flat-footed so sneak attackable for the first round.

beast -4


Gravlax:
She smiles, "No demiurges, only full urges?"

Her eyes follow his to the window, "Do you leave the window open at night?"

A long pause, to let him answer, then quietly, "I don't know. You seem to be able to dis-balance me at the most..."

She swallows, the pulse at her neck picking up slightly, "I would like for you to ask those personal questions." Her voice quiet, hard to hear, as if she is almost scared to speak.


Azhar:
Pharast 25, Amaya
She nods. "Natsunoya would be nice."

She nods once more then heads over to help closing the kilns for the weekend.

Pharast 30, Tarvi
The older woman, snorts at the name of her son, stamping off into the back of the shop. Harsh vocals follow. Tarvi ignores the commotion with aplomb. "I told Cass that Gravlax asked me to the theater." To the rest she shrugs, "Perhaps."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Backstage
"Oh, really?" Cassian says, raising an eyebrow. "That is useful information. Do you have any idea who that might be, or shall I go and insinuate myself into the Dama's pantie... erm... life?"

Cader Hunting
"That's... different," Cassian says, releasing the arrow at the beast, and then backing off.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
3d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 4) = 12


Cassian:
Backstage
Millech raises one white eyebrow at that correction. "Problem with a sweet girl like that, she don't realize that not everyone is as genuine as she." A pause, "Thesing ain't a surprise in a blood bath like this, but it always interesting to see a diva agree to a minor, safe, part in such a production." His brown eyes twinkle, "Clever man as yourself should be able to suss it out quickly."

Cader Hunting
There is a sound of absolute glee from the lordling as he takes up one of the long spears and prepares for the beasts charge. His servant slaves do not look quite as thrilled as they take up defensive postures.

The large creature breaks free from the undergrowth, charging at the group. (1d3 ⇒ 3; 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 25, 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 = 12) Or more specifically at the woman who first injured it, the bony ridges of its jaw biting deep into her thigh. Janiven doesn't make a sound.

Lord Ici's eyes shine as he stabs into the beast (1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13, 1d8 ⇒ 5) taking joy in the blood that spurts from the creature.

With a quick glance and a nod at Cassian, she drops her bow, taking the quick step that will give the rogue flanking on the creature. (1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24, 1d8 ⇒ 6)

Beast -27


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Backstage
Cassian grins. "In my defense, I'm a terrible person. Millech, you need anything, don't hesitate to seek me out."

Quickly, Cassian scrawls the following note on a piece of paper: Dama Nymmis, please meet me in backstage left as soon as possible. Tell no one, but this is a matter of life and death. --AC

He hands the note to Rygel. "Take this to her," Cassian whispers, pointing at the diva. "Quietly."

Cader Hunting
Cassian drops the bow to draw rapier and dagger and then attempts to sheath both in the creature's flesh.

rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
dagger: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3, 3) + 2 = 10


Gozran 4

Azhar or Perception DC 15:
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Was there something else?"

yes but it would have been rude to say it

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"I really do appreciate your gift, Mel. It is very nice."

you are welcome

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
he pauses, "Are you planning on going to the auditions tomorrow?"

yes of course


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM/flex:
Mathalen wrote:
Her eyes follow his to the window, "Do you leave the window open at night?"

"I do," Gravlax says. "The darkness took my sister when we were young, but I do not fear it." He thinks for a moment. "I must not fear it."

Mathalen wrote:
She swallows, the pulse at her neck picking up slightly, "I would like for you to ask those personal questions." Her voice quiet, hard to hear, as if she is almost scared to speak.

Gravlax nods subtly. Perhaps to himself. He swallows. "How did you get out of that cage?"


Cassian:
Backstage
Millech comments under his breath, "Not an actor. Got the gravitas though."

Rygel takes the note and, like ninja, scampers off into the darkness of the backstage. (1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23, 1d20 - 1 - 5 ⇒ (3) - 1 - 5 = -3) Since Cassian is looking for the tiny monkey, he sees the monkey sneak up along the raven-haired actress. The monkey slips the note, still unseen even though he strikes a dashing pose, under her hand. (1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11, 1d20 - 1 - 5 ⇒ (12) - 1 - 5 = 6) Even with that, she doesn't notice the missive until after the current would-be-actor leaves the stage, by which time the monkey has scampered back to Cassian's side with a shrug.

Cader Hunting
Cassian's rapier blow fells the creature, its sudden drop almost causing Cassian to trip over the dead body. There is a momentary pause until Janiven is certain he is alright, then, before anyone else can comment, "That was a magnificent blow, Nobili Ici." A pause and while she is still facing the would-be hunter, it is fairly obvious that her words are directed to the older man. "We came further into Cader than we normally do, Nobili, it would probably be best for the cleaning of your kill to happen at your vaneo."


Gravlax:
Gravlax wrote:
"The darkness took my sister when we were young, but I do not fear it." He thinks for a moment. "I must not fear it."

She nods at the emphasis in his tone.

Gravlax wrote:
He swallows. "How did you get out of that cage?"

She looks at him. "I lied." A pause, "I submitted." The simple words needing to be forced out, "And I ran." The sheer depth of the simple words guarantees that there are more details to the story, but the basics are there for him to judge. She is not letting herself look away, even though it is obvious that some part of her wants to very badly.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM/flex:
Mathalen wrote:
She looks at him. "I lied." A pause, "I submitted." The simple words needing to be forced out, "And I ran."

Gravlax nods, a small nod again. "You survived," he says. "Nothing more needs to be said on my account. Is there more that you need to say on yours?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava:
Pharast 25, Amaya
Amaya wrote:

She nods. "Natsunoya would be nice."

She nods once more then heads over to help closing the kilns for the weekend.

Azhar lets himself out. On the way, if Yuuki is not with customers, he gives her another slight bow, "Thank you again for your hospitality and timely information, Mrs. Kaijitsu. It was very much appreciated. Oh and while I'm here, could I place another order of 5 liquid ice sling bullets, please?" He puts down another 5gp on the counter.

Pharast 30, Tarvi

Tarvi wrote:
The older woman, snorts at the name of her son, stamping off into the back of the shop. Harsh vocals follow. Tarvi ignores the commotion with aplomb. "I told Cass that Gravlax asked me to the theater." To the rest she shrugs, "Perhaps."

"You are very graceful under pressure, Miss Merro." he smiles at her fondly, as he nods his head briefly in the direction her mother disappeared to. "Thank you for your assistance....and your eyes are still spectacular." He grins as he turns to depart.

Gozran 4

Melilot or Perception DC15:
Mel wrote:
yes but it would have been rude to say it

sense motive dc20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 nope

Azhar sits down, so that his eyes are more on a par with hers. "Did I hurt you Mel? If so, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. My brother says I'm terribly obtuse sometimes." he looks around, comes back to her. "I like you. Really, I do. You are an amazing young woman. Arguably the best, and most experienced warrior we have in this group and I would be proud to call you my companion and my friend. Whether anything more could come of that, I honestly don't know." he shrugs, frowning a little, possibly mulling over some complications that may or may not be there in his mind.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Gravlax:
Her look is distant for a moment, searching inside, then she finds his eyes, "I don't think so." Not certain, but decided for the moment.

A pause, "Do you want me to go?" Wanting to hear no, expecting to hear yes.


Azhar:
Pharast 25, Amaya
The older woman returns the bow and the gold disappears from the tabletop. "Two days."

Pharast 30, Tarvi
She grins back, "Oh, she's got her knickers in a bunch. She dislikes it when I remind her I have my own brain."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava:
Pharast 25, Amaya
Yuuki wrote:
The older woman returns the bow and the gold disappears from the tabletop. "Two days."

He nods, still not quite successfully hiding his slightly more exuberant than normal smile. "Thank you again, I'll be back."

Pharast 30, Tarvi

Tarvi wrote:
She grins back, "Oh, she's got her knickers in a bunch. She dislikes it when I remind her I have my own brain."

He flashes a smile over his shoulder, "Yer something else Tarvi. And I guess that's one of the reasons I like you. I'll see you around, kiddo." Just before exiting the door he stops in his tracks. Oh, by the way. How do I find your brother?"


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM/flex:
Mathalen wrote:
A pause, "Do you want me to go?" Wanting to hear no, expecting to hear yes.

No hesitation. "Stay," Gravlax says. "We don't have to talk."

A pause. Realization. Flushing. "...or anything else. Just -- nothing strenuous. Heal. Maybe I should get some food?""


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Azhar:
Pharast 30, Tarvi
She thinks about that for a brief moment, "Today or tomorrow you can probably find him at one of these places (enter list here) up in Crua. After that..." she smiles, "Not sure yet."

However, she seems utterly pleased that her brother's hang outs are changing.


Gravlax:
She smiles, just a little blush visible on her cheeks and shoulder as he gets his. She leans forward before she can think about it, kissing his cheek.

She nods, "Food sounds fantastic." She reaches down to her bag, opening a small pocket on the inside, and pushes a few silver pieces into his hand. "For at least my part."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Backstage
Millech wrote:
Millech comments under his breath, "Not an actor. Got the gravitas though."

"Who? Gravlax d'Antonio there? He's in disguise right now, so he's sort of acting. And when he's dressed up like the Raven, he's acting too."

Rygel, I guess wrote:
Rygel takes the note and, like ninja, scampers off into the darkness of the backstage. (1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23, 1d20 - 1 - 5 ⇒ (3) - 1 - 5 = -3) Since Cassian is looking for the tiny monkey, he sees the monkey sneak up along the raven-haired actress. The monkey slips the note, still unseen even though he strikes a dashing pose, under her hand. (1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11, 1d20 - 1 - 5 ⇒ (12) - 1 - 5 = 6) Even with that, she doesn't notice the missive until after the current would-be-actor leaves the stage, by which time the monkey has scampered back to Cassian's side with a shrug.

Cassian helps the monkey back up to his shoulder and will move to backstage left. "See you around, Millech."

Cader Hunting

Janiven wrote:
Cassian's rapier blow fells the creature, its sudden drop almost causing Cassian to trip over the dead body. There is a momentary pause until Janiven is certain he is alright, then, before anyone else can comment, "That was a magnificent blow, Nobili Ici." A pause and while she is still facing the would-be hunter, it is fairly obvious that her words are directed to the older man. "We came further into Cader than we normally do, Nobili, it would probably be best for the cleaning of your kill to happen at your vaneo."

Cassian wipes the rapier clean and sheaths it, retrieves his spent arrow, and reloads the dagger into the sheath in his sleeve. "Agreed," Cassian says grimly, his eyes searching the treeline. "This stretch of forest is infested with snipe. I can smell them." Bluff 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM/flex:
Gravlax doesn't say anything more, just continues to flush quietly. He takes the silvers, and leaves.

K: Local to find the best place within a short walking distance: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Gravlax realizes halfway there that he doesn't really know what sort of food Mathalen likes. So he splits the difference, ordering a variety of small quantities.

For some reason, I'm thinking Mediterranean-type food. Hummus? Stuffed grape leaves? Pastitsio or moussaka? Souvlaki with tzatziki? I'm not sure what is appropriate to the setting.

Gravlax pays whatever is appropriate for a high-quality meal for two (to go).

...although Gravlax is half-convinced that Mathalen will be gone when he returns with food. One personal question too far.


Cassian:
Backstage
Millech waves Cassian off and then starts to continue about his buisness, moving slowly under his massive hump.

She finds, and reads, the note around the same time Cassian gets to backstage left. First, there is shock and wonder as she tries to figure out how the note got to her, but as she turns to Thesing next to her, she glances back to the note and doesn't.

Her attention is distracted during the last few Dentris audition and she excuses herself as Robahl takes notes. A few minutes later she is backstage, looking for AC. Her soprano tones soft, "Hello?"

Cader Hunting
Ici vaguely hands the bloody spear to one of the servants, his eyes sparking with interest. On the way back, "Tell me of these snipes. Are they truly dangerous?"

Janiven meanwhile, takes a moment to tie a cloth around her leg, then helps get the massive beast on a travois, her attention very focused on the ruins around.


Gravlax:
Gravlax can think of a number of places in walking distance. Almost like he is a bachelor living in the area. Mediterranean-type food with a dash of Italy is very appropriate for Westcrown and both would be considered local fare. Westcrown is large enough that more foreign/exotic fare can also be found, but less common.

And for a brief moment, he may believe that his worries were founded when he gets back to his apartment because the wiry woman is not sitting where she was before. But a quick glance around the small room find her halting in the nervous pacing.

She smiles, embarrassed about her nerves, "That smells delicious." She moves over to the door to help him with last bit of distance. Near the door is another sign of her restlessness: her bag, right where she could grab it if she needed to bolt.

However, her honest, happy smile at his return it a sign against her wanting to run away.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava:
Pharast 30, Tarvi
Tarvi wrote:

She thinks about that for a brief moment, "Today or tomorrow you can probably find him at one of these places (enter list here) up in Crua. After that..." she smiles, "Not sure yet."

However, she seems utterly pleased that her brother's hang outs are changing.

"Thanks Tarv. Appreciate you." Azhar waves over his shoulder as he exits. He does go looking for Cassian. Not asking, just looking.

Pharast 25
upon getting back, Azhar checks on the condition of the chocolate. Did it survive intact or is it melting?

Pharast 26
Azhar buys a new set of clothes. Not anything fancy. Just something so he isn't wearing the exact same thing as the previous day. He is back promptly at 2pm. If the chocolate he bought earlier is the worse for wear, he buys another set, if not he just prepares it in the same way as the previous day.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Backstage
Cassian steps from the shadows in front of the diva. Stealth 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33 He offers a dashing and theatrical bow, which Rygel attempts to replicate. "My lady," he says. "Can we talk here?"

Cader Hunting
"Indeed, milord. They're a form of flightless bird. Long beak... they use that to drink the blood of the unwary," says Cassian solemnly. 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Azhar:
Pharast 25
(1d100 ⇒ 92) Yes, the chocolate survived.

Pharast 26
When Azhar gets to the glassworks, it is a bit more crowded than it has been on his previous visits. Behind the counter is Tarvi, her hair pulled back, except for her bangs which hang in her face, but she is dressed in a fitted dark gray dress. Most of the customers seem to be male and most keep on coming up with excuses to extend their stay when Yuuki offers to help.


Cassian:
Backstage
Seeming to materialize from the shadows to the girl, she loses control of a quiet but full and lyric scream. Eyes wide, impressed as he makes his dashing bow, and then softening with adorable mimicry of Rygel.

She looks around and answers, completely unsure, "Yes?"

Cader Hunting
Ici looks over at the older servant, "Next hunt, I want a snipe." Tone demanding.

Janiven, towards the back of the group, barely manages to keep from laughing.

Once the group gets back through the old, rusty gate everyone (other than Ici who never seemed to understand the danger) breaths easier. Almost carelessly, Ici motions to the older man to pay Janiven, and she tucks the leather pouch into her armor. Only when the noble moves out of sight does she seem better, despite the untreated wound.

She smiles at Cassian, "Thank you for distracting him on the way back."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Backstage
"Apologies, Miss Nymmis. My name is Aeraxes Cezar, and I am a representative of the Drachmae Tegminae." He waves a hand as though to dismiss any questions, the monkey imitating him again. "We are tasked with protecting the great talents of the stage... and I am here to protect you." Bluff 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Cader Hunting

Ici wrote:
Ici looks over at the older servant, "Next hunt, I want a snipe." Tone demanding.

Cassian nods sagely. "Wise choice, milord, wise choice."

Janiven wrote:
She smiles at Cassian, "Thank you for distracting him on the way back."

"My pleasure," he replies. He gestures to the wound on her leg. "You want Rev or Fiosa to fix that up for you?" Cassian treats Janiven as a warrior: he does not seem overly concerned about that wound. His question is light, tone implying that he would not judge her harshly either way.


Cassian:
Backstage
Her smile grows as Rygel copies his large friend, dark eyes wide. "Already?" sounding amazed. "I knew that there would be people keeping me safe during the performance, but" her voice turning confused, "why are you here now?"

Cader Hunting
Janiven looks down at the wound, calculating. She shakes her head, "I have some of Arael's potions stashed at home, that should be more than enough." She shrugs, "Don't really feel like dealing with Rev's brand of insanity today."

She starts heading towards the southern end of the city, a pause, as she looks at the height of the sun in the sky, maybe three hours until the sun starts to go down. "The guy is an idiot," she comments, "But it gets me two weeks of pay in a single afternoon." She smiles, a hint of promise despite any pain she must be in. "Gives me time for my extra-curricular activities."


Male Tiefling

Mana:
chavamana wrote:

Ailyn

"Paragons of goodness tend to the boring." She moves into his body, letting his hands keep her there, "Closed door, I like to make my choices between brothers clear."

Once he lifts her onto the counter, her leather-clad legs come up over his hips. Her tongue teasing his as he tastes her. "Alas, no sleep. The perils of exploration."

Her hands slip behind his neck, whispering touch at his hairline. "I look forward to the fading of the light."

Janiven
Her voice soft but acid, "It almost seems the option of choice to show affection in this group." More kindly, "That should be her choice, though, shouldn't it?"

Ailyn "I for one, am selfish enough for a little taste now." Rev whispers into her ear in a way that invited goosebumps, one hand finding its way into her hair again, pulling erotically as his kisses down from just behind her ear, to her neck, and a little lower. His hardness pressed against her as her legs are wrapped around his waist. His other hand runs down her back, pressing her into him.

Janiven
"I suppose it should." He concedes.

"I don't make idle threats." Rev feels the need to add. He doesn't threaten, generally speaking. He has no need to intimidate people. He just eliminates them if they become a problem. "Moral failing, I'm afraid. Tiefling, and all that. Can't be helped. It's tragic really." He's not really being facetious, well, maybe just a little at the end. He actually believes at least part of what he's saying. He really doesn't make threats, he realizes how he deals with things is a moral failing, and he has no idea what to do about it. So it must be inherent. After all, Azhar was inherently good. That meant Rev was inherently evil.

Gozran 4
Once most of the talking is concluded, Rev approaches Fiosa, and speaks to her quietly,

Fiosa or Perception DC 15:
"Have a moment after?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Backstage
Cassian tries to cover, grabbing his shock and pushing it inward. He colors slightly and fidgets with the hilt of his rapier. But it is through willpower that he soldiers on. "I apologize. I... I had to meet you." He lets that hang for a moment, so her mind can fill in the gaps, then moves on. [b]"I wanted to discuss the threat with you." He throws the tiniest bit of emphasis on the word you.

Cader Hunting
"Extra-curricular activities like entertaining gentleman callers?" Cassian teases. He looks at the sun as well. "Figuring out how much time we have?"


Male Tiefling

Rev:

Sense Motive for spoiler:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Perception for Azhar conversation with Melilot:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Gozran 4

Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
Once most of the talking is concluded, Rev approaches Fiosa, and speaks to her quietly,

Her wide blank eyes examine the taller humanoid for long silent moment, then she nods.

Rev:
Gozran 4, Fiosa after the meeting
The brunette halfling smiles up at Rev, not entirely open, but friendly. "How can I help you M.." catching herself, trying to stop ingrained politeness to the taller, "Rev?"

Gozren 4, Ailyn pre-meeting
Her body rocks against his as she is pulled in tight, small sounds of pleasure escaping from her as his lips trail lower. Her hands encourage him to come back up to her lips and she kisses him back, her tongue a playful counterpoint to her hips moving against him. Throatily, "I know these is selfishness on my part, but you are far too good for me to just want a quickie." Honesty in her voice.

Then a chuckle, rumbling her body pressed to his, "Even if I now need a cold shower before I'll be able to concentrate on a damn thing, now."

Gozren 4, Janiven pre-meeting
She pauses, looking at him. "Moral failing are the easy path for everyone, plane-touched or humanoid." She smiles, "Some of us are too stubborn for the easy path."


Cassian:
Backstage (1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23)
Her eyes shine with interest and her ruby lips part just a bit in surprise. "You wanted to meet me?" A stunning smile that really could be seen in the back of a crowded theater.

Getting her mind a little under control, "The dangers in the play, right? Delour is so sweet to make sure I'll be safe."

Cader Hunting
She smiles back at the teasing, "Not my normal one, but I do think it is one I need to put on my schedule."

Just the barest hint of a blush, "Yes." Which fades, as her voices drops into her low tone that doesn't carry, "I know your reason for needing to be home at dark and I respect you for it."


Male Tiefling

Azhar:
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:

"Rev, you are my brother. Whereas I am not our father and cannot read his mind, I suspect that he would be as unhappy with your premature passing as I would be." Azhar, on his part, believes this as well.

Azhar raises an eyebrow, "Whatever you say, Rev. I'll see what I can turn up."

"Halfbrother." It's not a strong argument, but how can he ever forget the difference in parentage? Azhar's mother, wonderful and honest and pure. So good hearted that she took in her husband's bastard son, and raised him as her own. That she never once said a bad word about the mother who abandoned Rev. And Rev, 17 years later, still suspicious about her motives because of the first 4 years he spent in the cold embrace of his erstwhile parent.

He nods at Azhar's last comment. Not sure what to say, and not wanting to argue with his brother, even if that's all he was good at.


Male Tiefling

Mana:
chavamana wrote:

Gozran 4, Fiosa after the meeting

The brunette halfling smiles up at Rev, not entirely open, but friendly. "How can I help you M.." catching herself, trying to stop ingrained politeness to the taller, "Rev?"

Gozren 4, Ailyn pre-meeting
Her body rocks against his as she is pulled in tight, small sounds of pleasure escaping from her as his lips trail lower. Her hands encourage him to come back up to her lips and she kisses him back, her tongue a playful counterpoint to her hips moving against him. Throatily, "I know these is selfishness on my part, but you are far too good for me to just want a quickie." Honesty in her voice.

Then a chuckle, rumbling her body pressed to his, "Even if I now need a cold shower before I'll be able to concentrate on a damn thing, now."

Gozren 4, Janiven pre-meeting
She pauses, looking at him. "Moral failing are the easy path for everyone, plane-touched or humanoid." She smiles, "Some of us are too stubborn for the easy path."

Fiosa

Rev is terrible at this sort of thing. If he can't flirt, or be belligerent, or possible make snide comments, he's not entirely sure how to handle himself. He takes a breath, and very simply hands Fiosa a small wrapped package without saying anything. It's plainly wrapped in paper, nothing fancy, though it has an interesting grain and texture to the touch. If she accepts it and unwraps it, it's the book he acquired from Janiven. Of course it's not until this moment that he realizes belatedly that maybe she can no longer see the words on the printed page. diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 "If... if you can't read it, because of your eyes, I could read it to you." He tries very hard to be nice. Janiven was right, it was too easy to be cruel. It was like breathing. Without Moulder to temper him, it was even easier.
Ailyn
Rev grins down at her. His hands run over her hips, to the outside of her thighs, towards her knees, but stopping mid thigh. "The bathroom is through that door." He says, but does not let her go, just yet. His fingers massage her thighs, just firmly enough to be further arousing, especially as they slip around to her inner thighs.
Janiven
"So making idle threats is more difficult than following though on promises?" He asks lowly. Rev hardly ever followed the easy path. Had the scars to prove it. His tone indicates as much. Even if he doesn't play show and tell.


Male Tiefling

audition Rev shakes his head. Studying the director, he lights a cigar. He generally speaking had no need to intimidate people. That's what Azhar was for. Unlike Azhar, Rev just eliminated them if they become a problem that had to be handled. Posturing annoyed him. He doesn't waste a spell on this test. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava:
Pharast 26
chavamana wrote:
When Azhar gets to the glassworks, it is a bit more crowded than it has been on his previous visits. Behind the counter is Tarvi, her hair pulled back, except for her bangs which hang in her face, but she is dressed in a fitted dark gray dress. Most of the customers seem to be male and most keep on coming up with excuses to extend their stay when Yuuki offers to help.

assuming you meant "Amaya" again, please correct me if I am wrong

"Pardon me." Azhar moves to one side once he has waited a short time and determines that most at least no longer seem to be paying customers. "Five more of the same please...and I know, two days." he smiles, placing five gold on the counter. "You really do gorgeous work here. Shall we discuss the terms for a recurring standing order?" He smiles at the women behind the counter, hoping to give the men a little push towards buying as well, and giving the ladies a tactful reason for Amaya and he to exit, should they choose to want one, without losing any potential customers from would be suitors.


Gozran 4

Azhar or Perception DC 15:
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar sits down, so that his eyes are more on a par with hers. "Did I hurt you Mel? If so, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. My brother says I'm terribly obtuse sometimes." he looks around, comes back to her. "I like you. Really, I do. You are an amazing young woman. Arguably the best, and most experienced warrior we have in this group and I would be proud to call you my companion and my friend. Whether anything more could come of that, I honestly don't know." he shrugs, frowning a little, possibly mulling over some complications that may or may not be there in his mind.

Melilot seems a little surprised by this. you um seem to be taking this very seriously she responds a bit cautiously.

i had been under the impression that flirting was a fairly low key method of testing the water she says. my apologies if i was mistaken or if things are done differently where you come from


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM/flex:

Also, a small square of baklava for dessert. Because no one needs more than one small square of proper baklava at any time.

Gravlax lets out a breath that he didn't realize he was holding. He spreads the food across whatever flat surface is most convenient (probably the bed).

"I wasn't sure what you liked, so I got a little bit of everything that I liked."

Gravlax gestures at the food, and waits to let Mathalen go first.

1,451 to 1,500 of 9,364 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shadows Turn - Chavamana's CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.