Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shadows over Westcrown

Game Master chavamana


101 to 150 of 9,364 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Rev:
Since Arael keeps his activities quiet (as do you) it would normally be a DC 20 K: Local. Given that you have similar activities, I would lower the DC to 15. Since you do not have K: Local, there is only a random chance that you would know of him.

high good 1d100 ⇒ 64

Rev has never heard of Arael, but he knows of a number of healers that tend to the disenfranchised. Most of them are humans, one or two even clerics who wear the robes of Asmodeus, and you know of one half-elf.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
chavamana wrote:

The kid, near tears, starts pulling at a pile of boxes which move as whole, slowly. Blinking up at Cassian and Gravalax behind him, he hiccups slightly as he almost chokes on air, "Master Arael was just helping some of the poor up in dead sector." The kid blurts out, "And then the dottari just arrested him, beat him." Looks at one and then the other, "He hadn't done anything. And then the Rack showed up, demanding that they get custody of the rebel."

He chokes back a little sob, pulling on a trapdoor built into the cabinet the boxes had been hiding. "Master is a healer. He just wants to help people." He says with the faith that only the young can have.

Then his eyes go even wider, he whispers, terrified, "Over a dozen."

In the tap room, Janiven maneuvers the heavy bar to keep the door closed for an extra minute or so once the Hellknights arrive and then turn to the others. "Please come with me. The Rack has already decided that anyone Arael or I associate with are rebels. Even if you don't want a part of what we are doing, come with me now, please. I know some of the paths through the sewers to other parts of the city."

"You know there are goblins down there, right? Probably more than twelve, I'm guessing. So this passage of yours best be short, or we'll all be staring out the back end of a goblin before sunrise."


Janiven looks at Cassian as she follows the last person from the taproom to the kitchen. She stretches up, grabbing a clay jar and hands it to the man with a monkey. "Pickles. Goblins can be bartered with, Hellknights can't. And you're far more likely to run into a torble in the sewer than a goblin. The goblins tend to stay towards the northern end of the city."

"Morosino, start leading them to the temple." Motioning to the dark hole that leads down and smells... wet... and not pleasant. Starting to push one of the heavy free standing shelves in front of the kitchen door, "I'll try to get them slowed down here and then I'll catch up." She flashes you all a confident smile, encouraging the descent into the sewers of Westcrown.

K:Dungeoneering DC 6:
A torble is a diminutive ooze-like vermin, normally not dangerous to mobile prey.

K:Dungeoneering DC 11:
Their ooze-like bodies make them resistant to bludgeoning damage.

K:Dungeoneering DC 12:
Telepathically sensitive, they are known to occasionally form swarms which grants the creatures an advanced intelligent as a hive mind forms.

K:Dungeoneering DC 16:
They have acidic bodies which slowly eat away at disabled or dead prey.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian absently hands the jar to Azhar. "Don't say T-O-R-B-L-E around the M-O-N-K-E-Y. He's a little unclear on the difference between food and foe at times."

The stench in the sewer momentarily pushes Cassian back. "Every gods damned time, I say this is gonna be the last time. Well, this is gonna be the last time." He heads into the stinking dark.


And, in fact, the monkey looks from Janiven to Cassian, ears pricking forward. He taps the man on the shoulder, pointing to the dark, making a small monkey sound of 'move now, please.' And the tail curls protectively around Cassian's neck as the wizard moves into the dark and the monkey ducks to avoid the damp walls.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Cassian Merro wrote:
"You know there are goblins down there, right? Probably more than twelve, I'm guessing. So this passage of yours best be short, or we'll all be staring out the back end of a goblin before sunrise."

Azhar raises an eyebrow, a slightly bemused expression on his face.

Cassian wrote:
Cassian absently hands the jar to Azhar. "Don't say T-O-R-B-L-E around the M-O-N-K-E-Y. He's a little unclear on the difference between food and foe at times."

He blinks at the jar that has suddenly appeared in his hands, shrugs and puts it in his pack. "Then perhaps you should keep him munching on things, or stuff him first. Either way has a chance of working I suppose."

Janiven wrote:
"I'll try to get them slowed down here and then I'll catch up." She flashes you all a confident smile, encouraging the descent into the sewers of Westcrown.

"I am not in the habit of leaving my comrades behind by choice. Perhaps I can be of some assistance." he says to her calmly.

Azhar:
know:dungeon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"I am not in the habit of leaving my comrades behind by choice. Perhaps I can be of some assistance." he says to her calmly.

it might be wiser for her to come says a quiet voice from somewhere below. but if she chooses not to then we do her no favors if we leave an armed man in her pantry Melilot passes through the door into the sewers. it will be difficult for her to attempt to pretend we were never here if some of us still are


Male Tiefling

Rev looks interested at the mention of a temple. He follows silently. It doesn't seem to phase him that she wants to stay behind and that Azhar is being well... Azhar.


Melilot Took wrote:
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"I am not in the habit of leaving my comrades behind by choice. Perhaps I can be of some assistance." he says to her calmly.
it might be wiser for her to come says a quiet voice from somewhere below. but if she chooses not to then we do her no favors if we leave an armed man in her pantry Melilot passes through the door into the sewers. it will be difficult for her to attempt to pretend we were never here if some of us still are

"I'm not planning on still being here when the Rack gets through the front door." She pauses in moving the shelves, pulling a bag that wobbles like jelly for a moment.

Her eyes look at Azhar's metal armor, "Plus, I can move much quicker than you. Once I have a barricade set, and a few surprises waiting for the armigers, I'll catch up to you all."

She smiles, "You aren't leaving me behind, I'm watching out for all of your backs. After all, you all wouldn't be in this danger if it wasn't for me."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar sighs, "Very well. Don't take unnecessary chances." He gives her a meaningful look before turning and entering the darkness below.


Male Tiefling

Rev sighs at Azhar's antics. Surely that is why he sighs.

Sense motive

DC20:
He is thinking... Im surrounded by grown men acting like children. Wonderful. sigh.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
He blinks at the jar that has suddenly appeared in his hands, shrugs and puts it in his pack. "Then perhaps you should keep him munching on things, or stuff him first. Either way has a chance of working I suppose."

"There's something you accept when you live with a monkey. He's going to throw poop at you or someone you know. I balk at giving him extra ammunition." Cassian pauses. "I almost apologized in advance if Rygel should throw something at you. Then I realized we're about to wander down into a sewer to be ankle deep -- please, gods, let it only be ankle deep -- in nightsoil."

"If this is the revolution, you have to wonder why the powers that be are so scared."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar chuckles, winks at Rygel, fishes something from his pouch as they continue to move and tosses him a date.

Chava:

1d20 ⇒ 13 +3 Wild Empathy or +4 Diplomacy


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The secret door drops into a five-foot wide short tunnel that ends at a wooden door. Janiven, still above, calls down, "I'll bar the door when I come down. Left out of the door, about ten feet down, I hid a cache of healing potions." Her voice, wry yet just a little worried, "If they are still there take them, just in case you need them."

Morosino, at the front of the group, reaches up, barely out of his short reach, into a nook and pulls out a foot long iron rod. Hitting it against a wall, the alchemical reagents cause the sunrod to glow with a cool dry light. Still holding back the tears that have been threatening since he ran into Vizio's Taven, the boy holds the light source up to the left side of the door. He points to one of the many marks scratched into the wall, a poorly executed lily. "You need to look which direction the center thingys are pointing." Very serious and very scared, "In the intersections... that's the way we need to go."

As the wooden door is opened, the smell grows worse. Happily, you see a thin (2 1/2 ft wide) stone shelf that runs along the tunnels about a foot above the level of the nightsoil running in a 'no one really wants to find out how deep' deep channel.

The Maze Sewers of Westcrown

If all PCs will make twenty perception rolls under spoiler, I'll see how quickly and safely you navigate the stinking underbelly of Westcrown. The cache, which you find (perception 1d20 ⇒ 12) without trouble, is a sizable hole protected by a false rock face. Inside are 15 potions of cure light.

gm:
Rygel attack roll1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Azhar wrote:
Azhar chuckles, winks at Rygel, fishes something from his pouch as they continue to move and tosses him a date.

Rygel catches the flying object, then examines the date that has been offered. Lightning quick, the monkey moves from Cassian's left shoulder to right, grabbing one of the scuttling bugs on the wall. Moving back he holds out the still wriggling roach to the big man, fair trade for the dried fruit.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Gm:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Rygel wrote:
Rygel catches the flying object, then examines the date that has been offered. Lightning quick, the monkey moves from Cassian's left shoulder to right, grabbing one of the scuttling bugs on the wall. Moving back he holds out the still wriggling roach to the big man, fair trade for the dried fruit.

"You should take that. Wouldn't want to hurt his feelings."


Male Tiefling

GM:
perception... +3 skill and if applicable a +2 wayfinder bonus to not get lost for survival.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Perception rolls:

1 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
2 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
3 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
4 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
5 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
6 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
7 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
8 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
9 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
10 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
11 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
12 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
13 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
14 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
15 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
16 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
17 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
18 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
19 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
20 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Cassian Merro wrote:
"You should take that. Wouldn't want to hurt his feelings."

Azhar looks at Rygel, glances at Cassian. Shakes his head slightly. "Thank you, not hungry. Perhaps he would like it." He looks again briefly at Cassian, before continuing on the trail.


Perception rolls:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Perception Rolls:

1 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
3 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
4 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
5 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
6 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
7 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
8 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
9 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
10 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
11 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
12 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
13 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
14 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
15 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
16 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
17 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
18 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
19 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
20 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Sewers of Westcrown

After the cache, the sewer tunnel starts to turn, ninty-degree bends, inexplicable U-turns, and other more subtle degrees. After the first few bends, the sounds of bashing and heavy feet start to fade as distance and, more importantly, thick walls are put between you and the oncoming hellknight horde. Within the first minute of carefully but speedy movement, the walls open up to a four-way intersection. Looking for the lily mark even before the intersection is properly lit, Cassian spots the flower as does Melilot moments later when the sunrod properly lights the section of wall. Then another long section of turns, the terrain broken by occasional inlets of small pipes, a number of which add their contribution to the underground stench as the group passes by.

Another intersection, the mark again easily found, this time picked out first by Azhar before the group has even reached the tunnels. Morosino looks at the (mostly) taller adults around him, floored by the ease you have picking out a path you have never seen before in such a confusing environment. The child's awe of course heralding the first true problem that you have had in this underground labyrinth. About three minutes down the turning path the sewage level rises, almost cresting the pathway on which you walk. One more turn and the cause is apparent. Larger objects, plant material, rocks, and other less mentionable detritus, have caught on a wedged tree, the force of the water, or perhaps a storm earlier this month, creating a barrier that fills most of the passage way. While the water can still flow through the semi-dam, it's progress is slowed and has started forming a sewage lake. Examining the block from the safe, dry, distance, it probably could be cleared with only a few minutes time.

Chava:
perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Azhar 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Cassian 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20; Rygel 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
gravalax 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Melilot 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Rev 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


At the start of the sewers

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Cassian Merro wrote:
"You should take that. Wouldn't want to hurt his feelings."
Azhar looks at Rygel, glances at Cassian. Shakes his head slightly. "Thank you, not hungry. Perhaps he would like it." He looks again briefly at Cassian, before continuing on the trail.

The monkey looks at the man making word noises and shaking his head. Finding meaning in the nonsense, Rygel stuffs the roach in his mouth and holds the date out to Cassian.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

At the start of the sewers

chavamana wrote:
The monkey looks at the man making word noises and shaking his head. Finding meaning in the nonsense, Rygel stuffs the roach in his mouth and holds the date out to Cassian.

The date disappears up Cassian's sleeve. "How about I hang onto this for a time in the future when everything doesn't smell like the privy in a leper colony?"

Sewers of Westcrown
At the sight of the dam, Cassian whispers: "Stay here." He takes the sunrod from the kid and moves closer to the dam, peering at it intently.

GM:
Looking for traps. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Sewers of Westcrown

Gravlax gets as close to the impromptu dam as he can without getting his clothing dirty.

"Dirty job," he says to no one in particular.


chava:
stealth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
and they totally sense your footsteps.
Rygel perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Cassian:
There are a few stones and branches that could make someone fall into the water or injure themselves if they are not careful, but no actual intentional traps.

However, as Cassian examines the blockage, he sees a number of bulbous, 7-inch long ripply bug-like creatures. (K:dungeon 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11) Which Cassian recognizes as torbles.

Rygel's also seems to have spotted the ooze-like bugs as his paw taps Cassian on the head lightly, pointing with the other one. Absolutely eager for you to go closer so that he can pick them off you when the swarm you. Brilliant plan in the monkey's mind.


Cassian/Perception 15 DC:
Rygel appears to be attempting to get Cassian's attention and pointing at the blockage in the tunnel.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian steps back, handing the sunrod over to the kid. "Torbles. All over the damned thing."


Male Tiefling

Perhaps the cleric can take care of this infestation. Rev suggests.


flame strike

She tosses a flask of alchemists' fire towards the torble infestation.

To hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Primary damage, round 1: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Gravlax takes a few steps back from the arcing flask, and makes a mental note not to stand between Melilot and potential targets.


The flask smashes against the wood of the blockage, some of the dryer vegetation catching fire and smoking blackly. From within the dam there are diminutive screams of pain, quickly cut off by death.

Moments later the survivors of the tiny tribe stream out of their now-burning home, the blobs at the end of each weirdly bending digit sticking to the wall as they flee towards their attackers.

The 6 surviving torbles are 15-ft away from the party 2-1/2 ft up the wall on your left.

Rev, who had been watching the dam carefully from the moment Cassian moved away from it, pulls the spiral amulet out from under his clothes. There is a moment of concentration and the light from the sunrod seems almost dimmed for a moment as the veil to other worlds thins. Ghostly creatures appear, menacing, mostly focused around the small group of torbles, but also around Azhar and Melilot. A protective blue penumbra flashes around Cassian, Morosino, Gravalax, and Rev keeping the harmful spirits at bay.

damage 1d6 ⇒ 2
torble will save DC 14 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21; 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12; 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13; 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7; 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12; 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Azhar Will save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15; 1 point negative energy damage
Melilot Will save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10; 2 points negative energy damage

The torbles go black as the negative energy washes through them, some curling up a tad more than others, but all fall will loud plopping sounds into the shallow water, beginning the process of drowning. Through fire or water the tribe of torbles as been slain.

The pile continues to smoke for a minute as the alchemist fire goo sticks, but eventually the damp of the sewers puts out the fire.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar shrugs after the negative energy passes. "You know they probably would have taken care of that blockage themselves, given enough time, what with the acid and all." he says rather indifferently, "but then again, I guess we don't have that kind of time." he steps forward to clear any remaining debris.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian assists in the removal of the blockage.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar acknowledges his assistance with a brief nod.


chava:
Janiven stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 plus 1 per 10-feet of distance

perception rolls
Azhar 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Cassian 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21; Rygel 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Gravalax 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Melilot 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Rev 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Rygel also helps since the cooked bodies of the torbles are absolutely essential to the integrity of the dam.

The slow, laborious process of moving the debris enough to clear a path begins. However with Cassian supporting Azhar's apparently prodigious strength, a path is created a few minutes.

Cassian, Gravalax, Melilot, Rygel:
Just as the path is created, you hear the light tread of someone moving quickly. You think that whatever it is, it has just turned down your passage from the last intersection.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Stealth roll 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Cassian vanishes into the dark and doubles back down the path. His goal is to come up behind whoever is coming up behind us.


Melilot takes a shovel out of her pack and begins clearing away debris as well.

old age will probably defeat all of our foes given enough time Melilot says.


GM:
Melilot puts the shovel away and slips back down the passageway to see who it is.

Stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33


Rygel, sitting on a dry perch in what remains of the mostly deconstructed dam, looks at the toasted 7-inch long jelly-like bug. Gleefully, he bites the creature in half, gets a disgusted look on his face and tosses the remainder into the water, spitting and pawing at his tongue.

When he clears the acidic taste from his mouth, he picks up another one of the corpses and tries again with a smaller bite. It works no better the second time.

Cassian:
perception 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 2 = 9 (-2 unfavorable conditions: dim light)

Cassian perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Heading back in the direction that you came, Cassian needs to slow down for a short portion of the tunnel that is in totally darkness. However, a dim light fills the area ahead as you slip through the shadows. You spot Janiven another one of the sunrods held under her shirt to keep from traveling as a bright beacon in the night, but perfectly clear to Cassian's night-adjusted shadow eyes.

Moving as the shadows themselves, you slip behind her easily.


Melilot:
Heading back you quickly move from the dim light provided by the sunrod held by Morosino moving into the true dark. Continue blind or light something?


Chava:
Azhar 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12; Gravalax 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12; Rev 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Shortly after the monkey eats his bug, it is noticed that both Cassian and Melilot have disappeared, eaten by the darkness.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Cassian taps Janiven on the shoulder. "Did you shake our pursuers?"


Chava:
Janiven stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Melilot perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 minus distance

Melilot:
The footsteps have stopped.

Cassian:
As soon as Cassian touches her should, the woman turns, her hand going to the hilt of the longsword at her waist, having it half-drawn before who you are registers to Janiven. Eyes wide with fright at being so easily snuck up on, there is still a more than a tinge of adrenline in her voice as she whispers, "Cass... F$#%, you're better than your reputation." Trying to get her breathing back under control, she returns the sword fully to it's holder. Nods, "They had started ransacking the main room when I reset the hidden door." Looking impressed and pleased, "You all have made better time than I thought. They will be down here eventually, but with luck we can probably avoid a fight." She seems to have recovered from your appearance, until you notice her hand is still shaking, just a bit.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Gravlax stays within the light of the sunrod, but he does peer off into the darkness where Cassian and Melilot were last seen.


GM:
Melilot waits.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
"Come on. We were clearing a torble-infested blockage." He glances back up the passage, then begins to lead the way back to the party. Along the way, quietly: "We should discuss what to do about the plant."


Melilot:
After a very brief wait a dim glow approaches, then stops. If you sneak forward to a bend in the tunnel, you can see, but not hear, Janiven and Cassian whispering very quietly.

Cassian:
At the comment as he leads her to the rest of the group, she grabs his shoulder, and then immediately lets it go, apology for the action clear on her face. "Sorry. Plant? Incredulity plain in her voice. She sighs, "I know that Gravalax seemed a little... ridgid.. above. But... all evidance to the contrary, he is not." She struggles for a moment, a clear desire to want to explain on her face, but not willing to reveal any of your secrets that she has uncovered. "He has almost as much to fear from the Hellknights as you... And the friend he referred to was not any of the them nor any of the dottari."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Cassian holds her gaze for a fraction of a second longer than is comfortable. "You're naive and trusting. I get it. It's adorable. But this is life and death. Meaning if you vouch for him -- keep me from opening his throat -- and he does turn out to be a plant, I do to you what I do to him. And now we both know you'll never see it coming." He stops, stepping out of her personal space. "We clear?"


Male Tiefling
chavamana wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Shortly after the monkey eats his bug, it is noticed that both Cassian and Melilot have disappeared, eaten by the darkness.

Rev shrugs, his eyes travel to Azhar to assess if he actually took damage... Though really he should be used to it by now... And that's the expression which is pretty easily read on his face. Not at all apologetic.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

As the drips emerge from the darkness overhead to splash onto the dank ledge, Gravlax seems to be very good at avoiding them without paying a lot of conscious attention. His clothing remains unsullied.


Melilot:
The taller man leans in menacingly. While Janiven seems to stand her ground, she is a bit... shaken.

Cassian:
Her back goes a little straighter at the menace in his words and tone. The slight tremor, the barest darkening of her cheeks, and the minute shake in her voice, all attributed to the rise in her emotions. Her breathing, which had picked up at his closeness, calms slightly as he pulls out of her personal space. Glaring back up at him, she speaks, "I am not naive, Cassian. I have lived in this city longer than you and I have survived when others have not because I know how to read people. And how to find out what I need to about someone's past."

Biting back at whatever further comment she had, she closes her eyes for just a moment and, opening them, nods, "Knowing what it will cost me if I'm wrong, I will vouch for Gravalax." A hint of her earlier confident smile, "Is that enough? Or would you like some blood as down payment?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
"Don't be silly. If I want something from you..." He looks her over, flashing a grin. "I'll just take it."

He turns away, back up the passage. "Let's return to the rest of your recruits. They're probably terribly concerned about our well being."


Melilot:
Their conversation finished, they are headed in Melilot's direction and will trip over her in a minute. If you wait for them feel free to do a spoiler to both of them, otherwise I will get you all back to the group.

Cassian:
Her look sharpens, "Don't bet on it."

And you may run into something around the next corner.

101 to 150 of 9,364 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shadows Turn - Chavamana's CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.