Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows over Westcrown

Game Master chavamana


1,151 to 1,200 of 9,364 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

As the body falls, Cassian sheaths his sword. "I think he got the point." After a beat, "Sorry."


"Ow." is the quiet comment to the horrible pun.

---

Checking through the 'secret' door, there is a ransacked and abandoned crypt with stairs leading up to the church. Which was also quickly abandoned, so quickly that they left the front door of the church open to the darkness outside.

A quick look around the underground complex reveals three entrances (plus the church and the one you used). Two of them are barricaded and the last leads up to the woodcarver's house, again emptied, where Cassian had scouted the 'good' guards.

Things still lurk behind the barricaded entries, but they do not seem able to get into the underground complex.

It is night and you are in Rego Cader.

And you are all 4th level. Please see ooc board for the loot distribution from the Bastards of Erebus.


Male Tiefling

Rev says, "Step a little closer and I'll see if i cant help your wounds a little." Once everyone who is injured who wished to be treated is within range, Rev channels positive energy two times, using up the last of his ability to do so.

Those within thirty feet of Rev get back:
1d6 ⇒ 5
1d6 ⇒ 4 hit points.


Male Tiefling

Azhar then gets subjected to another cure light wounds spell. 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Fiosa:
chavamana wrote:
"He certainly is big enough, I suppose, if you go for that type." She shrugs, then leans back sipping on hot tea.

i would not know what to do with that much ... person

chavamana wrote:
"Now it will just be a matter of convincing Janiven that I'm worth bring along on missions after getting shot on the last one."

anyone can get injured Melilot says. it is simply the luck of the draw

and considering who else is allowed on these missions i do not think she will take much convincing


Male Tiefling

"That's all of it, you'll need to use a potion to heal the rest, or wait until I've communed with Pharasma. Up to you. He informs his brother after the two positive energy bursts and the cure light wounds is cast.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
Rev says, "Step a little closer and I'll see if i cant help your wounds a little."

Gravlax steps in to take advantage of the free healing.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

A singed Cassian gratefully accepts the healing. He coughs once. "Wonder if you can get black lung from inhaling charred bits of yourself?" he mutters to Rygel. The monkey merely grooms Cassian's hair in reply.


Male Tiefling
Cassian Merro wrote:
A singed Cassian gratefully accepts the healing. He coughs once. "Wonder if you can get black lung from inhaling charred bits of yourself?" he mutters to Rygel. The monkey merely grooms Cassian's hair in reply.

"Only if you make a habit of it." He says.

"What a lovely evening, now, are we hiding out for the night or risking the shadows?" Rev inquires of the group.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
"What a lovely evening, now, are we hiding out for the night or risking the shadows?" Rev inquires of the group.

Involuntarily, Cassian glances over his shoulder. "Depends, I suppose, on how confident we're all feeling. We should plan on at least one encounter with them should we make the journey. There are arguments to be made either way."

Sense Motive DC20:
The look over his shoulder is not fearful. He seems to be looking in the direction of something rather than for something.


Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
"What a lovely evening, now, are we hiding out for the night or risking the shadows?" Rev inquires of the group.
Cassian Merro wrote:
Involuntarily, Cassian glances over his shoulder. "Depends, I suppose, on how confident we're all feeling. We should plan on at least one encounter with them should we make the journey. There are arguments to be made either way."

Melilot shrugs. i do not see much point in looking for more trouble


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

dice:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

"No plans, either way," Gravlax says. "Are we expecting more of them in the morning?"


In addition to the treasure (which was found on the bodies or in a locked chest in the northern part of Palaveen's room), there is an itemized list of the things the Bastards of Erebus stole. The list also has marked which items were fenced. Taking a quick inventory of what your group collected from the bodies and the items sold, there are a number of missing leather armors and short swords. The only major item missing is a single +1 leather armor.

Also in the desk there are a number of cryptic notes written in Infernal.

Infernal:
Most notable among the notes is a request for more bone dogs to protect the base.

There are a number of tries at an ire-filled missive, half written, in which the writer is frustrated at not being granted audience with 'the Council'.


Chava:
Azhar 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Cassian 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19, Rygel 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Gravalax 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Melilot 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Rev 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Janiven re Cassian SM 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Azhar/Cassian/Gravalax:
In a crumpled mess at the foot of the bed, there is a another note, also in Infernal.
Azhar/Cassian/Gravalax and Infernal:
Palaveen -
While we appreciate the work of your Bastards, the Council never intended this association to be anything more than that. We shouldn't need to remind you that if your tiring applications continue, we'll need to solve this problem in a manner less concerned with your continued good health.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Gravlax looks through the notes. "Council?" he mutters to himself. "What sort of council would work with these bastards?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

"Could've used that armor," Cassian mutters. He'll go through the notes and wait his turn if necessary. "Who supplies bone dogs?" he wonders aloud. "Well, at least we have a nice conspiracy to go after now."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Gravlax looks through the notes. "Council?" he mutters to himself. "What sort of council would work with these bastards?"

Cassian shrugs. "Council of Bastards?"


Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
Gravlax looks through the notes. "Council?" he mutters to himself. "What sort of council would work with these bastards?"
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian shrugs. "Council of Bastards?"

are you saying they had some kind of official imprimatur Melilot asks. that might explain why infernal types were engaged in such apparently nonlawful activities

or were you suggesting it is more along the lines of a sub rosa organization dedicated to theft and villainy she adds. like some kind of council of ... council of ...

... naughty people she concludes.


Male Tiefling
Melilot Took wrote:

[ she adds. like some kind of council of ... council of ...

... naughty people she concludes.

Rev can't help it, a low, soft laugh, escapes.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Melilot Took wrote:

are you saying they had some kind of official imprimatur Melilot asks. that might explain why infernal types were engaged in such apparently nonlawful activities

or were you suggesting it is more along the lines of a sub rosa organization dedicated to theft and villainy she adds. like some kind of council of ... council of ...

... naughty people she concludes.

"Sounds like the Council was sponsoring the Bastards, like some sort of football team. Palaveen," Cassian nudges the dead cleric with his foot, "wanted membership in an official capacity. Which implies there is an official capacity. So, yes. The Council of Naughty People is out there, and it has red tape."


Male Tiefling
Cassian Merro wrote:


"Sounds like the Council was sponsoring the Bastards, like some sort of football team. Palaveen," Cassian nudges the dead cleric with his foot, "wanted membership in an official capacity. Which implies there is an official capacity. So, yes. The Council of Naughty People is out there, and it has red tape."

"Where are you getting this from?" Asks Rev, who didn't see anything to this effect in the notes he saw.


Cassian Merro wrote:
"Sounds like the Council was sponsoring the Bastards, like some sort of football team. Palaveen," Cassian nudges the dead cleric with his foot, "wanted membership in an official capacity. Which implies there is an official capacity. So, yes. The Council of Naughty People is out there, and it has red tape."

interesting Melilot says. i had been using the working hypothesis that the apparent connection between the bastards and their devilish forebears was what was allowing them to strike at night with impunity

which may in fact yet prove to be the case she muses. but if they had the sponsorship of this council of naughty people then that may have been providing the protection instead

which might make the council one of the keys to unraveling the mystery of exactly what the night creatures are and why they are here

Melilot shrugs. a theory i freely admit has little basis but investigating in some manner might be worthwhile nonetheless


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Cassian Merro wrote:
"Sounds like the Council was sponsoring the Bastards, like some sort of football team. Palaveen," Cassian nudges the dead cleric with his foot, "wanted membership in an official capacity. Which implies there is an official capacity. So, yes. The Council of Naughty People is out there, and it has red tape."

"That is..." Gravlax gropes for the correct word, "...wrong."

Melilot Took wrote:
which might make the council one of the keys to unraveling the mystery of exactly what the night creatures are and why they are here

"So what else is out there besides the ones that look like statues?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
"Where are you getting this from?" Asks Rev, who didn't see anything to this effect in the notes he saw.

"I'm inferring a bit," Cassian says. "First there's this," he gestures to some Infernal script. "This is Palaveen asking for an audience with the Council. And here," he points to a note retrieved from the foot of the bed, "the Council says they 'appreciate the work of your, meaning Palaveen's presumably, Bastards, the Council never intended to be anything more than that.' Then they threaten him if he won't stop applying. I'm guessing for full membership, but it could be almost anything." Cassian pauses. "Also, he wanted more bone dogs."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

dice:

sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Azhar looks over at his brother. Smiles warmly, "I'm good. Thank you. How's everyone else?"

Melilot wrote:
Melilot shrugs. i do not see much point in looking for more trouble

Azhar nods in agreement.

Chava wrote:

Azhar/Cassian/Gravalax:

Azhar/Cassian/Gravalax and Infernal:

Azhar shows the note to Rev.

He shakes his head in irritation. "Government can do good, but if is of any size, in my experience it is rarely free of corruption."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Melilot Took wrote:
Melilot shrugs. a theory i freely admit has little basis but investigating in some manner might be worthwhile nonetheless

"It holds water," Cassian says, nodding.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
He shakes his head in irritation. "Government can do good, but if is of any size, in my experience it is rarely free of corruption."

"Everyone is corrupt. Government just provides some organization to it."


Male Tiefling

Rev listens to Cassian, and then looks at the note Azhar hands him. He remains quiet for a while, as he thinks things through.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Cassian Merro wrote:
"Everyone is corrupt. Government just provides some organization to it."

Azhar sighs, Perhaps you are right. But I believe there is a difference between those who try to fight against it within themselves, and those who embrace it and decide to make a living out of it."

sorry about the "showing note" duplication, Cassian. Several posts were added before I finished writing mine and I didn't preview before posting


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

After they have decided to (I believe) spend the night at the church, Azhar apparently remembers something and approaches the halfling warrioress.

"Melilot, may I have a moment of your time, please?" he motions her off to the side where they will have a modicum of privacy.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
sorry about the "showing note" duplication, Cassian. Several posts were added before I finished writing mine and I didn't preview before posting

Just one of the hazards of this format.


Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
After they have decided to (I believe) spend the night at the church, Azhar apparently remembers something and approaches the halfling warrioress. "Melilot, may I have a moment of your time, please?" he motions her off to the side where they will have a modicum of privacy.

sure


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian heads for the belltower.


Male Tiefling

After pondering for a while, Rev returns the note to Azhar to show to the others as he sees fit. Rev then finds a very dark, quiet place to meditate for an hour.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Azhar gets down on one knee, goes into his bag and produces a small bag and two pouches. He speaks in a lowered voice, but is not really trying not to be heard.

Perception dc15?:
I noticed you looking for your sling bullets earlier, since it looks like we may be working together, at least for a while, I picked these up for you." He produces the bag, which contains 10 sling bullets (made of glass), "I'll hold on to them for you if you'd like. I know you're carrying quite an assortment of weaponry already." he does, however, hand over two pouches which contain 5 sling bullets each. Both sets are clear, but definitely contain something within them, the first a clear liquid, the second set appear to encase a crystalline blue fluid.
For the casual observer: Azhar appears to be giving something to Melilot...or proposing to her. He is down on one knee, after all.

Melilot:
5 holy water sling bullets, +1d3 dam to those that take damage from holy water
& 5 liquid ice sling bullets, +1d3 dam, all single use


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Rev Keaton Amin wrote:
After pondering for a while, Rev returns the note to Azhar to show to the others as he sees fit. Rev then finds a very dark, quiet place to meditate for an hour.

As Azhar seems to no longer recognize a single word of infernal, he gives the note back to Cassian...before he (Cassian) heads up to the belltower.


Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:

Azhar gets down on one knee, goes into his bag and produces a small bag and two pouches. He speaks in a lowered voice, but is not really trying not to be heard.

For the casual observer: Azhar appears to be giving something to Melilot...or proposing to her. He is down on one knee, after all.

Melilot's eyes widen in considerable surprise.

Azhar or Perception DC 15:
er she says.

ah she tries again.

i sh-sh-should be able to c-carry them myself she stutters out at last. i d-d-do not have any d-difficulty b-bearing up under heavy ...

i mean to say that d-despite my size i am c-capable of handling large ...

er ...

th-thank you she finally manages.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Melilot Took wrote:
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:

Azhar gets down on one knee, goes into his bag and produces a small bag and two pouches. He speaks in a lowered voice, but is not really trying not to be heard.

For the casual observer: Azhar appears to be giving something to Melilot...or proposing to her. He is down on one knee, after all.

Melilot's eyes widen in considerable surprise.

** spoiler omitted **

Azhar appears to be quite pleased with the reaction he received. He is grinning happily.

Melilot/Perception DC15:

"You are most welcome, Melilot." he hands over the bag of 10 sling bullets(glass) as well.


Janiven watches the group for a moment, an amused smile at Azhar's bended knee before the diminutive halfling. Then she leaves to do a check on doors and windows and other means of egress.

Raven:
While The Raven doesn't think that he can beat Mathalen to Gravalax's abode, he is certain he can get there at about the same time. And Gravalax's landlord is a harridan battleaxe who would never open the building doors at night, especially to a young woman claiming to want to see one of her male tenants.

As such, when the Raven, back on rooftop, arrives on scene, he see Mathalen looking for small pepples to pepper Gravalax's shutters.


Melilot:
Melilot wrote:

i would not know what to do with that much ... person

"Makes you wonder if Amaya and Tarvi will be enough for him..."

Her voice trails off, and she smiles, "You think I could actually be useful?" Hope heavy in her tone.


Rev:
Gozran 4
At a point when Rev has just gotten back from doctoring but when Azhar is out somewhere
In the cafe (which bakes delicious bread) near where Rev and Azhar are staying, a woman catches Rev's attention. It is not her appearance, for all that she is a raven-haired beauty, but the compass that she has on the edge of the table, right where anyone entering or leaving your building would be likey to see it. It is almost an exact match for Rev's own.

Long black hair, mocha eyes, light skin, fitted leathers with a raiper at her waist and apparently unaware of the world around her, reading a book.


Cassian:
Belltower
A little while after Cassian goes to the belltower, Janiven comes up the stairs, her quiet self, but not trying to hide her presence from you. At the top, she sits, looking at Cassian for a moment before speaking.

"You may have already named you price for helping out my revolution, but I think you are getting the short end of the deal, for now at least." A pause, "Yesterday and earlier today, you weren't quite yourself." Her eyes, the green hard to see in the dark, flick up to him, "Is there anything I can do?"


Male Tiefling

Rev dutifully ignores his brother, continuing to focus on his silent meditation. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 perception and completely misses the entire exchange.


Male Tiefling

Mana:

Rev lingers a moment, ordering coffee. what is the title and what's she drinking?


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM/flex:

The Raven swoops down acrobatically in front of Mathalen 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20, intercepting the first pebble that she throws (but not throwing it back).

"No need to wake the fop, the beast is vanquished," he says.


Rev:
Just a reminder that unless you specify 'real' coffee they will assume you mean chicory coffee, since Rev would know that by now.

The title of the book, which is in Taldan, is Elemental Thorns. And she is drinking hot chocolate.


Raven:
Immediately, before she would have had a chance to actually think about what she is saying, "He is not a fop." Her eyes grow wider, just for a second, then turns before she can say anything else stupid to Gravalax's 'friend.' The claw marks still dripping blood slightly. She takes three steps, then stops.

She turns, "Thank you for attacking the beast that was stalking me."


Male Tiefling

Mana:

Rev would always order real coffee. I understand its pricey, let me know much… also the price for getting a bag of real coffee for brewing at home..

He very casually sits down at her table, like they are old friends, and moves the compass so that it cannot be easily noticed. "Advertising are we?" He says softly to her.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Pharast 24, Westcrown Glassworks:

Azhar has showered and then made sure his gear, though stained from long use, is at least clean of any current soil. He returns to the Westcrown Glassworks just a couple minutes before 3pm and enters.


Rev:
Gozran 4
By the time that he sits down, the compass is gone, probably in the leather shoulder leaning against her chair. She looks over the top of her book at him, mocha eyes light. Quietly, so that her voice won't carry far over the sound of street traffic and the noisy cafe, "Establishing contact. Seemed more polite than breaking into your room and waiting there." She smiles, nice smile, white teeth, deeply red lips. "Safer for me, too."

The book shifts to one hand so she can pick up the dark mixture, and she sips delicately at the still steaming mixture. There is maybe a hint of nutmeg in the liquid.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM/flex:

Mathalen wrote:
Immediately, before she would have had a chance to actually think about what she is saying, "He is not a fop."

The Raven laughs, and sweeps into an over-the-top bow.

"Every life saved from the darkness is a victory, however small. Do you require further escort?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Pharast 24, Westcrown Glassworks:
The older woman, who had been moving around the storefront, tiding things for the end of the workday (which means the store front will be open a few hours more, in hopes of catching trade from those finished for the day) looks a little surprised to see Azhar back. Mere moments later, though, she has the polite saleswoman's smile on her face, "Back again? How can I help you now?"

Perhaps a tinge of real warmth in her voice, the way one feels about repeat clients.


Raven:
One eyebrow lifts slightly at The Raven's words and when she speaks the words are careful, measured. "I don't think so, I mean what are the chances of being attacked by the city twice in the same night."

A momentary softness, "You should have your friend see to your wounds. I would not want to be responsible for any complications from the injury." Do her eyes glance up to the window that she had been targeting with a pebble? Yes, yes they do.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM/flex:
Mathalen wrote:
One eyebrow lifts slightly at The Raven's words and when she speaks the words are careful, measured. "I don't think so, I mean what are the chances of being attacked by the city twice in the same night."

What is The Raven's facial expression? Impossible to tell under the mask. "You are dripping blood," he says, kicking street grime over where his own injuries have dripped onto the cobbles. "Wounded prey. At least allow me to escort you to...."

He gestures at Mathalen, his gesture a question. Where would she be escorted to?


Male Tiefling

Mana:

"Suppose that depends on how many people figured out what your toy is.… so what's the reason one of you would bother to come look me up?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Pharast 24, Westcrown Glassworks:
Chava wrote:

The older woman, who had been moving around the storefront, tiding things for the end of the workday (which means the store front will be open a few hours more, in hopes of catching trade from those finished for the day) looks a little surprised to see Azhar back. Mere moments later, though, she has the polite saleswoman's smile on her face, "Back again? How can I help you now?"

Perhaps a tinge of real warmth in her voice, the way one feels about repeat clients.

Azhar smiles, "Oh, I'm absolutely sure I will be back in the future, but no, I am here to meet one or more of your uh..glass technicians when they're done for the day. I'm sorry, I failed to get his name. He was working with the little miss?"

1,151 to 1,200 of 9,364 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shadows Turn - Chavamana's CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.