Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows over Westcrown

Game Master chavamana


5,501 to 5,550 of 9,364 << first < prev | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

DC 25 Perception:
"Oh. Oh, crap. Come on, kid, don't cry," Cassian mumbles helplessly, looking truly and horribly uncomfortable. "Look, I'll get your sister back. I'm going there anyway, and assuming she's not... I'll get her back, okay? Can you stop blubbering now, please?"


female half-elf witch 15
chavamana wrote:
There is a pause and a look of 'what the f!%!?' comes over the dottari's face. He looks in the direction of the exploded pit (which is really looking at the 8-ft tall, hastily made barricade) and then at Zsz. "I think, Ms. Maytag, that your ship came in a bit too late for whatever you're talking about. The mayor has obviously been attacked by demonic forces that wish to shake the resolve of our country." From his tone it is clear that he doesn't have a clue what engine Zsz is talking about, nor why, if there was such a thing, why a foreigner would be called in.

Zsz sighs. "There is an infernally powered engine beneath the Mayor's manse. If you have somehow been deaf to the rumors of that, perhaps you have heard that in recent weeks the manse has been plagued by fireplaces flaring up for no reason, water running burning hot with no means to cool it, and similar problems."

"You are entirely right that I should have been called in much sooner, before the eruption of hellfire which is still burning behind you, but if you continue to look for nonexistent demons - which, incidentally, cannot produce hellfire, hence the name - while the engine continues to go critical, that explosion is going to look like a pleasant picnic, so PLEASE LET THE FOREIGN EXPERT ON MAGICAL ENGINES THROUGH TO DO HER THRICE-DAMNED CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED JOB BEFORE THIS WHOLE QUARTER OF THE CITY BECOMES A SMOKING CRATER."

Bluff check: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32
Intimidate check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

dice:

Perception dc41: 1d20 + 15 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 15 + 4 + 4 = 30

Azhar appears slightly bored and annoyed at being delayed. "C'mon could
'dja let us through? I ain't gettin paid enough to get incinerated cause things go critical while we're waiting around t'get let in. Y'know?"

bluff aid: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 4 = 24 FE included


There is a pause as the dottari lieutenant looks from the Hellknight - who must be smirking beneath his concealing face mask - to Zsz, then to the PILLARS OF FLAME behind the barrier.

Perception DC 15:
Under his breath, but undoubtedly not quiet enough to be missed by ANYONE in the group, "Probably a damned tiefling. Used to hellfire and everything."

He nods to Zsz and the group, then loudly, "Help the lady and her people over the barrier, Simmons. She's got to clean up the mess she made by being late." The dottari on the barrier jump to help any of the group that looks to need help getting over.

Zsz/Perception DC 15:
As Simmons helps Zsz up (if she needs it - otherwise just when she passes by) he whispers to her. "Watch out for the Rasdovian guardhouse. Some of my friend over there said they saw a devil go inside."

Cassian/DC 25 Perception:
The kid swallows a few more times, trying to get his tears under control, not really able to do so well. Finally he squeezes his eye shut and scrubs at his face with his grubby, chalk covered hands.

The flood steammed, he looks back up at Cassian, his face slightly kabuki-like with the light white chalk powder. Desperate hope filling his bright, wet eyes. "You will?"

A hiccup.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

DC 25 Perception:
Cassian sighs. "Only if you promise to never do that to me again. Now what's your name so I can tell Katie?"


female half-elf witch 15
chavamana wrote:
He nods to Zsz and the group, then loudly, "Help the lady and her people over the barrier, Simmons. She's got to clean up the mess she made by being late." The dottari on the barrier jump to help any of the group that looks to need help getting over.

Other than a nearly invisible eyeroll at the description, Zsz decides there is no need to argue the point now that the goal has been reached.

"Thank you," she says sincerely to Simmons after he helps her over the barrier.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

In the street, talking to Mathalen

dice:

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

The Raven tries to keep his voice down. Without much success. "I sent him off to the Secret University. Told him that the college of knowledge was under antepenultimate threat by gutter-snipes. Didn't want him tripping over his own feet and getting in my way."

He shrugs.

At The Mayor's House

The Raven scowls at the dottari as he passes. "That's Miss Mɑː ɪ̈ ɛt' ŋdɑɹ to you. And if she can't shut off these gas jets, nobody can do it."


In the street, talking to Mathalen
Mathalen's voice is dubious, "The secret university?"

At The Mayor's House
One of the dottari watches the Raven for long moments more than would be necessary. However, he shakes his head, obviously unable to place the memory the dark-clad man's voice evokes.

GM:
1d100 ⇒ 22
1d20 ⇒ 16

Other than that minor by-play the group quickly finds themselves just a little distance away from the remains of the mayoral manor. The grounds cleared of the few bystanders that had been brave enough to come earlier. Other than the roar of the flames, the shouts of the distant dottari keeping people out of the danger zone, it is eerily empty for the normally bustling city.


female half-elf witch 15

"Well, shall we look for the key?" Zsz asks.

"There's also, as I'm sure most of you overheard, a devil in the Rasdovian guardhouse. I've been thinking, if our assessments have been correct, it might be possible to convince that faction that we have a mutual goal of sending Liebdaga back to Hell, as opposed to the Council's wish to get further service from him. But it may be better to leave well enough alone and only attempt it if confronted, rather than seeking them out."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

In the street, talking to Mathalen

"Where the hidden knowledge is kept," The Raven gestures vaguely into the Westcrown night. "He knew where it was."

The Mayor's House

"Politics makes for dangerous sleeping," The Raven ponders, hand on chin. Then he shrugs. "I'm up for whatever. Which way is the blasted hole that used to be the Mayor's bedroom?"


Cassian:
"Matie." He says immediately, then he darkens, "I mean Matthew."

... and that is what I get for composing that in a different window than the rest of the post.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Well, shall we look for the key?" Zsz asks.

"Let's go," Cassian says.

GM:
"All right then. Run along home now." Cassian goes off to rejoin the party. He slips past the guards.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Zsz:
Alma and Fiosa
Zsz wrote:
Zsz begins reweaving her dress around herself. "It's a good idea, but I don't want to risk going too far on my very first time. I'll just take these in white, and the rest. And thanks so much for your help."

Alma nods, takes the items that Zsz selected (provided she isn't wearing them), wraps them in a nice tissue and then puts them in a boutique bag.

After Zsz completes her purchases, when she and Fiosa are outside, Fiosa - still chuckling almost imperceptibly. "You were very sweet, but you also managed to terrified the shopgirl."

Tarvi

Zsz wrote:
Zsz nods. "Is it that obvious? No, I like to be prepared in advance for everything. Gather information, process, analyze, consider, repeat." She sighs. "My one saving grace on that front is that I'm not actually terribly observant."

Tarvi smiles, "I tend to over plan and then not use my planning." A pause, "But that's because I tend to not see things until I trip over them."

A pause, "Why don't you surprise me, then?"


Teahouse:
Azhar wrote:
Zsz wrote:
"Just to leave no tern unstoned?" Zsz asks. "It's hard to imagine what information he might reveal now that we've already been through Delvehaven, but I'd certainly be willing to help investigate if you think it might lead to something useful."
Azhar shakes his head, laughs a little dryly. "No, I don't expect to find anything useful. If I do that'll just be a bonus. I'm just going to find him to verify his presence, his story, and if he would want his remains returned to Delvehaven. Though I might leave it up to the Pathfinders to fulfill that last one." he shrugs, "I'm perfectly willing to take care of it on my own. Was just wondering if anyone else was curious enough to be interested or if someone else had found anything. I'd assumed not since Ailyn hadn't paid us for that one." he glances at Tarvi for confirmation as he takes a sip of tea.

Tarvi shrugs. "There are alot of heavy hitters at the Devildrome. Might be better to go in at night when they are closed. Then there is just a missing statue... If it is even there."

The Raven:
1d100 ⇒ 89
The Raven is able to shadow the half-sized humanoids. Fiosa's home, when he gets there, is dark - almost like the halfling servant was unaware of the timing of The Raven's bold heist. As the almost freed halfling slaves mill around in the dark back alley the run along the garden wall of the house the Doctor lands on the wall, looking first at the mill of humanoids, then The Raven and then the dark house. "More eyes?" She asks, perhaps with a little too much glee.

Cassian:
Thekla
Cassian wrote:
"Normally it's him, but show him one mango and he's off task," Cassian says, indicating Rygel.

"Fantastic!" Thekla says, her brown eyes bright with amusement, "I stack up as slightly more on task than a monkey." A pause, then she raises her glass in a salute to Rygel. "Granted a very talented monkey, given the distraction that he provided earlier."

Cassian wrote:
He looks around, trying to find the prettiest woman who doesn't look happy about having a fellow. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to talk to that woman about her vagina." Cassian heads over, looking to attract the woman's attention with a cute monkey, then make some eye contact.

As Cassian trolls past a likely grouping of females, Rygel straightens up, being his adorable yet aloof self. A pair is soon drawn away from their respective partners, one more attractive than the other. As Cassian is reeling in his quite willing prey, he catches sight of Thekla chatting with a curvy brunette. Just as she seems to be getting somewhere, a statuette Chelish woman, long hair pulled back and braided with a deep red ribbon strides into the bar, glances around and heads right for the pixie-haired blonde. Thekla turns to her with a charming smile that isn't that different from one that Cassian himself would use - although it does work quite as well. The newcomer sends off Thekla's companion with a few terse words then leans in to speak quietly to the blonde.

As Thekla listens, her body straightens. She nods, then moves onto her toes to brush a kiss on the taller woman's lips. The taller one rolls her eyes, "I'll see you at home," then leaves the same way she came. Thekla picks back up the amber filled glass, looking down at the drink for a long moment before she takes a deep drink.

Tarvi

Cassian wrote:
"And you deserve someone like that, but the price is being alone for a little while." He scratches the monkey's head. "Me, I'd rather have someone around. I mean, I want a partner, someone as good as I am, but with a different focus. Someone who shores up my weaknesses." He breaks into a grin. "Shame I don't have any, huh?"

Tarvi rolls her eyes. "No wonder I find everyone else in my life lacking, my brother is the perfect being." Her tone full of light teasing scorn. She hugs Cassian's knee. "I think I'd rather find the right person..." Then she smiles at Cassian, "But I am glad that you found someone... someones..." a half smile and a shrug, "that make your life better."

Azhar:
Delvehaven
Azhar wrote:
"Hmm. I see. Well, I have someone to talk to about a certain creature made of water...or a ghosty...or something, but thank you for the little chat." and with a smile and nod he is off to see Arael.

"Have fun with that," says Mr. Straw waving his little scythe. Azhar is able to make it to the abandoned church without a problem. When Azhar gets there he does hear Arael moving around in the small monastic room that he uses.

Desnus 7ish

Azhar wrote:
"Then I guess I should be trying hard to find one." Azhar says solemnly. "But I thought this was made for more everyday occasions." he says holding up one of the items he helped to craft. "or at least everynight occasions." his smile reappearing, "When would it be more appropriate? the 10th?"

She takes the bracelet that Azhar made, slipping it onto her wrist, a smile as she looks at it there. "Might be why I like these better."

Gargoyle

Azhar wrote:
After waiting for a while, Azhar returns to scritching the ruff around her neck. Staring off into the distance and thinking. "Why don't we get you something more to eat then a few small rations, hmmm?"

The cat meows. Of course... that doesn't actually mean much of anything to Azhar.

after gargoyle

Azhar wrote:
Chava wrote:
Peeking in through the slats of the window, Azhar's darkvision eyes pick out the sight of a slight girl curled up on a futon mattress. Azhar scratches at the window to no avail, too quiet for Amaya to hear.
have the rings kicked in yet?

Yes. Yes, the ring would have had time.

Gravlax:
Ambush Apartment
She gives him a little glare that is all bark and no bite. "Nope." Shakes her head just a tad, as much as he lets her. "You caught me fair and square." The grin turning mischievous. "So the question is now... What are you going to do with me?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Thekla
Cassian catches Thekla's eye and throws her a wink and a shrug. Gotta go?" he mouths, nodding after her girlfriend.

Tarvi
"Yeah," he says. "Cali's pretty cute, I'll grant you. Jan... I'm cooling on her to be honest. I think it's tough for the Merro siblings to find someone to stack up to our incredibleness."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cassian Merro wrote:
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Well, shall we look for the key?" Zsz asks.
"Let's go," Cassian says.

Even a cursory look at the second floor of the remaining portion of the manor house (where the mayor's bedroom is... or what is left of it) would suggest it is unstable, great care and skill (or the ability to not need to touch anything) would be needed to search the upper floor.

The door that the group used to get into the first floor is closed, but the other end of the building was blasted open in the explosion.


Cassian:
Thekla
She nods, downing the dregs of her drink. With an apologetic shrug she mouths, "One minute of your time?"

Tarvi
Tarvi looks a tad sad, but shrugs. "She's a big girl. And Cali is sweet." Then she chuckles, "You tend to get a little closer than I do."


Cassian and Zsz/Shae Hunt:
Zsz wrote:
Cassian wrote:
"I let Khazrae know to warn us when she sees the shae. We leave you here to keep the thing's attention on the apartment, while me and Buzz get close."
"Sounds good to me," Zsz says.

Tarvi breaks out in a relieved smile. "So all I have to do is stay in the apartment and be bait... but safe bait." She nods. "Then I can work." She start to head to her room, not wholly steady.

From Cassian's bedroom there is a loud outbreak of swearing in Infernal.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Thekla
Cassian excuses himself from the woman with a promise to be back and heads back to Thekla. With a grin he says, "Well done. She's gorgeous. What do you need?"

Tarvi
"To anyone who will let me."

Shae Hunt:
Cassian rushes into the bedroom. "Khazrae? What's going on?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Cassian:
Thekla
Thekla looks at the door the tall woman left out of with chagrin, partially ruined by a pleased smile. "Ah, but she was mine before tonight." A shrug, "Which means you win."

Her face gets serious, eyes flame bright, "Got hired," her jaw tight. "Oberigo suspects some of his people are trying to double cross him. So I'll be absentee for a while." She stands up, "I was the one who vouched for you at the Kraken, so if you go around while I'm off the scene, some of the boys might give you a hard time." She smiles, "Do me a favor and don't do anything permanent to the idiots."

A pause, "And if you see me in the next few weeks, don't know me. I need to be the low rat on the pole," she smiles, "And I don't think anyone would believe that you are low... in anything."


Cassian and Tarvi/Shae Hunt:
"Damn slippery shadow freak." Khazrae's voice frustrated, "Was just about to let you know that she showed."

"This was so much easier when I didn't have to f%%!ing talk to communicate." Just a hint of something in her voice, like she believes she is responsible for the bad news that she is about to deliver. "When she saw the white haired lady she split."

"Looked pissed at her being here, too." Her red-rimmed eyes narrow, "I don't think she likes your new playmate, Cass."


Desnus 10/Ruddigore:
While the ticket sales are brisk, anyone who is interested is able to purchase a ticket on the orchestra floor. Box seats, belonging to different noble families, would require favors.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Thekla
"Well, let me know when you're done with her," Cassian says with a grin.

He listens to the rest, talk of business sobering him. "Sure thing. When you come up for air, let me know. Until then, you're a stranger. Good luck on the job, Blondie. I'd hate to have to comfort your widow."

He'll return to the woman he left and spend the night with her.

Shae Hunt:
"Damn. Well, at least we know more now than we did before." He nods to the head. "Thanks for the warning, Khaz."

Cassian returns to the others (or not, depending on whether they followed). "Khazrae says the shae ran when she saw Buzz. Any idea why she might react that way to you specifically?"


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Teahouse:
Tarvi wrote:
Tarvi shrugs. "There are alot of heavy hitters at the Devildrome. Might be better to go in at night when they are closed. Then there is just a missing statue... If it is even there."

"Okay. Sounds fine by me." Azhar says, "Was there a good portrait of him in Delvehaven? And if not is there a good description of him somewhere?


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava:
Arael
Azhar quietly let's himself in, before giving a short perfunctory knock, merely to announce his presence. "Hey, Stark. Not a bad time is it?"

Desnus 7ish

Amaya wrote:
She takes the bracelet that Azhar made, slipping it onto her wrist, a smile as she looks at it there. "Might be why I like these better

He smiles, happy she seems to like the piece, and slides behind her with it's set mate. "Well, if you're going to wear that, we have to see how this looks along with it don't we?" Azhar's fingers deftly captures her hair, bringing it away from her ear so that he can softly affix the ear cuff in place. His warm breath tickles her neck and he nuzzles her there affectionately for a few moments before giving his upper torso enough separation to get a better look. His smile is warm, allowing perhaps almost a hint of pride. "I'd like to think they almost do you justice, love." His eyes sparkle as he gazes upon her flawless features.

after gargoyle
Azhar looks to see if he can spot how the shutters or window opens.

pre-Desnus 10
Azhar pays a visit to Robahl Nonon


female half-elf witch 15
chavamana wrote:

Even a cursory look at the second floor of the remaining portion of the manor house (where the mayor's bedroom is... or what is left of it) would suggest it is unstable, great care and skill (or the ability to not need to touch anything) would be needed to search the upper floor.

The door that the group used to get into the first floor is closed, but the other end of the building was blasted open in the explosion.

"I can fly someone up there," Zsz says. "If the floor collapsed, at least we'd both still be safe."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"I can fly someone up there," Zsz says. "If the floor collapsed, at least we'd both still be safe."

"Good idea. I'm probably the best choice."

Rygel chitters.

"Sorry. We're probably the best choice."


female half-elf witch 15

Zsz's hair winds around Cassian, and offers numerous handholds for Rygel to cling to. Once he is secured, she flies towards the remains of the Mayor's bedroom.


Zsz is able to, slowly, fly up above the second floor, Cassian securely cocooned in the hair. The rogue is able to scan the partial building around him, but not much else.

The mayor's bedroom is at least partially identifiable by a large, at one time gilt bed, now cracked in pieces and slightly embedded in the floor.

Cassian:
Zsz's hair is grappling Cassian. This does not affect his ability to perceive, but the hair wrapped around his throat that feels like it could start strangling him with a stray thought.

Passing through the destroyed bedroom, under the shattered remains of the bed, through a crack in the floor, on top of a tall bookshelf in the room below, Cassian does spot a HUGE (for a key) black key that looks to be the same material as the large black door.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

"The key is in the room below, on top of a tall bookshelf. Now put me down." Rygel crouches on Cassian's shoulder working his little monkey fingers between Zsz's hair and his buddy's neck without much luck.


female half-elf witch 15

Zsz gently lands and places Cassian on the ground, releasing him as soon as they are no longer airborne.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female half-elf witch 15

Teahouse:
"This may be an ignorant question, but is there any reason we can't simply ask if we can see it?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian rubs his neck reflexively, and will head off with the intent of retrieving said key.


female half-elf witch 15

Shae Hunt:
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian returns to the others (or not, depending on whether they followed). "Khazrae says the shae ran when she saw Buzz. Any idea why she might react that way to you specifically?"

"No idea," Zsz says. "I suppose this increases the odds that it was the same creature that was following me."

"The only thing I can think of is that at one point I tried to signal whoever it was that I wanted to talk, by going to an isolated place and waiting, and after that I wasn't followed any more. But I don't know why."


The group moves around to the blasted open side of the manor entering the building through a ruined foyer is exposed to the elements. Much of the ceiling has fallen away, and sunlight streams in making half of the space bright and making the shadows in the depths of the room seem even darker.

Just before you step from the light to the dark, Cassian spots four shapes, partially lodged in the floor. Shadows that move when nothing else in the room does. A quick motion, a little comment that passes on the warning and the ambush is thwarted.

A step and Cassian's blades flash in the gloom, slicing the incorporeal shade into pieces that float in the air for a moment before dissipating in a black mist.

Even as the first undead horror is falling, Azhar moves alongside the rogue, his heavy family blade destroying the shadow in a single, well-placed blow.

The Raven springs forward, his blade whisking through the undead before tumbling back into the sunshine, drawing the creature to follow until it pauses, just on the edge of the light.

Zsz's hair snakes forward, whipping around the creature, pulling it towards her into the hateful sun - destroying the shadow being instantly.

With a quip the Raven bounds forward again, this time the creature felled by his blade.

Leaving the path clear for the heroes to walk, unmolested into the hallway of the once great house. Three doors lead off the hallway (plus the one at the end that most likely leads to the area of the house that the halfling had been using). Behind the first, the group hears the sound of men gambling - cards. The rooms beyond the second and third are far quieter.

Perception DC 30:
The room beyond the third door is truely quiet. Behind the second door, however, there is the faint sound of pages being turned.
(Cassian or Zsz: Survival DC 15) OR (Survival DC 25):
Based on where Cassian saw the key (or where Cassian described the key as being) you would surmise that the second room is where it fell.


female half-elf witch 15

Fiosa:
chavamana wrote:
After Zsz completes her purchases, when she and Fiosa are outside, Fiosa - still chuckling almost imperceptibly. "You were very sweet, but you also managed to terrified the shopgirl."

"Oh, is that why she was turning such delightful colors?" Zsz asks.

Tarvi:
chavamana wrote:

Tarvi smiles, "I tend to over plan and then not use my planning." A pause, "But that's because I tend to not see things until I trip over them."

A pause, "Why don't you surprise me, then?"

"Then a surprise it shall be," Zsz says.

Ruins of the Manor

Survival 1d20 ⇒ 18

Zsz points to Door #2.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian gives door #2 a listen, and assuming he hears nothing, will check it for traps, unlock it if necessary, and head on in.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

dice:

k.local: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 4 = 17 re: family that owns the bust, likelihood of honoring a request to see the item and "talk" with it.

Perception dc30: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 15 + 4 = 34 FE not included
Azhar's brow furrows briefly looking thoughtful, but he merely shrugs and follows suit, hand resting lightly on the pommel of his sword.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

*hear anything else I should have said...


Cassian is able to unlock the door absolutely silently. Everyone else is quiet, holding back so as to neither alert the occupant of the room nor disturb the gamblers in the nearby room. As the door, without sound, swings open. As it does for a brief moment a silver-haired woman with golden skin can be seen curled up on an armchair with a book on her lap. Subtle markings, maybe tattoos, like leopard spots trace her cheekbones and temples and swept back from her forehead, mostly hidden by her hair are delicate horns. Warned by some sixth sense, startled, she disappears.

The key is not currently visible, but you can make out the gaping crack in the ceiling that it most likely fell through.

A) Perception DC 20:
She has not, however, moved out of the chair.

B) K:planar DC 10:
She definitely appeared to be a tiefling.
B) K:planar DC 15:
However she did not, like many of the tiefling common to Cheliax, appear to be of infernal breed.
B) K:planar DC 20:
Best guess on the quick look, would indicate a beastbrood tiefling with ties to the Rakshasa.

Zsz:
And if Zsz still has see invisible up she would see the woman still in the chair.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

"You can knock that off, kitten. I can see you in that chair," Cassian says, moving into the room in the direction of the key. Rygel leaps off his shoulder and scampers toward the bookcase.


Rygel scampers easily up the bookcase, only knocking down a single - badly shelved - book, which the monkey glares at accusingly. He snags the key and then easily swings down headed back to the group, the heavy black key in hand.

Her voice, soft alto, "The boss's key..." The book thuds to the floor and she tries to move quietly across the floor... fooling precisely none of you.

With a slightly frustrated sigh as everyone follows the movement, she stops edging for the sheathed rapier leaning against a settee with a pile of blankets on it. "First vacation I get in decades and the place is overrun by actors."

A pause, fading hope in her voice, "Don't suppose you'll just let me be?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
chavamana wrote:
A pause, fading hope in her voice, "Don't suppose you'll just let me be?"

"That all depends," Cassian says, helping Rygel up onto his shoulder. The monkey drops the key into his waiting hand, and he immediately tosses it to Zsz. "On you. Who's your boss? And what exactly is going on here?"


There is a flickering flash as she re-appears, arms wrapped in front of her. "The boss is Aberian." A pause, "Well, was Aberian. Pretty sure that if he's alive, I'll be fired." A good natured shrug. "Can't really blame him for that, since I did horribly betray him and let that damn black skinned assassin into the vault and well..." she motions vaguely around at the devastation around the manor.

"But it's also the only vacation I've had since Aberian became the mayor twenty-three years ago, so I should try to enjoy it." She leans against the table behind her, the blue and gold high collar overcoat parts slightly to reveal a short chainmail dress, leather leggings, and mid-calf metallic boots.

A pause, a shake of her head, "And, sorry, I don't think I introduced myself when you escorted Lady Nymmis. I'm Crosael," a polite half bow, "Adjunct to the Lord-Mayor of Westcrown."

Attended the Mayor's Cornucopia:
The woman seems far younger than the Crosael that attended the cornucopia but with a great deal of makeup and hair dye... she could have disguised herself as the matriarchal and severe woman who controlled the mayor's home with an iron fist.

And there must have been alot of makeup to turn her golden skin into the stark white of a true Wiscrani woman.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian rolls his eyes, and Rygel does a monkey facepalm. "Her? I would have balked at hiring her for reckless stupidity but that's just me." Cassian sizes the woman up. "So you're trying to kill the mayor and, what, take his job?"


Crosael's face blanches. "What?"

Shakes her head violently, "No no no. Do not want that job." A smile, "And I'd never get it. No one in Cheliax would put a damned tiefling in a position of power and while I may have been able to mostly fly under the radar as a glorified servant, no way I could if aspired to such above my station."

A pause, "And I did not hire the airhead. I just let her poke around the manor until she found what she was hired to do." Her tone acerbic, "Blackmail."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

"That's good, because we're getting along so well and I didn't want to lose respect for you." He makes a go on gesture. "You're not here for that, so why are you here? What do you want? And keep in mind, honesty is important and my monkey can smell lies."


"This," motioning around to the room that is an oasis of cleanliness despite the signs of destruction, "is my home. Or what is left of it."

A look of disgust at the cracks in the ceiling, at the disorder, "Don't know how, but Lady Drovenge found out what I am." She shakes her head sadly, "Aberian would have never keep me on if he knew I was a freak... I wouldn't have been able to get a decent job anywhere..." A bitter laugh. "Lady Drovenge gave me a choice between working for her or revealing my secret."

"I am supposed to be rabidly hunting down a copy of the Liebdaga contract so that she can go have a conversation with the great and powerful power converter."

"I decided I deserved a little vacation first." Smacking off a little dust from the table behind her. She looks at Cassian then Rygel, just a tad of glow in her gold-green eyes, "And your monkey is not a lie detector, he isn't even magic." She sounds almost certain about this.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

k.planar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
chavamana wrote:

"This," motioning around to the room that is an oasis of cleanliness despite the signs of destruction, "is my home. Or what is left of it."

A look of disgust at the cracks in the ceiling, at the disorder, "Don't know how, but Lady Drovenge found out what I am." She shakes her head sadly, "Aberian would have never keep me on if he knew I was a freak... I wouldn't have been able to get a decent job anywhere..." A bitter laugh. "Lady Drovenge gave me a choice between working for her or revealing my secret."

"I am supposed to be rabidly hunting down a copy of the Liebdaga contract so that she can go have a conversation with the great and powerful power converter."

"I decided I deserved a little vacation first." Smacking off a little dust from the table behind her. She looks at Cassian then Rygel, just a tad of glow in her gold-green eyes, "And your monkey is not a lie detector, he isn't even magic." She sounds almost certain about this.

Cassian scratches Rygel's head. "And he's always spoken so highly of you."

He glances at the party, the implication clear: he can be interrupted should anyone else have anything to say or disagree with his present tact. "Well, how about this? How about you walk away clean, and we meet up later and discuss the best way for you to get back at Lady Drovenge?"


female half-elf witch 15

Something Crosael says seems to snap Zsz out of her abstract admiration of the tiefling's beauty. "Lady Drovenge wanting to chat with Liebdaga ... I'm having a hard time believing that old Drovenge is enthusiastic about such a plan. What's the story there?"

Cassian Merro wrote:
He glances at the party, the implication clear: he can be interrupted should anyone else have anything to say or disagree with his present tact. "Well, how about this? How about you walk away clean, and we meet up later and discuss the best way for you to get back at Lady Drovenge?"

"I'd be all in favor of that if she is," Zsz concurs.

"Is Avahzi likely to be as amenable to ... dialogue as you are, by the way?"


Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
Something Crosael says seems to snap Zsz out of her abstract admiration of the tiefling's beauty. "Lady Drovenge wanting to chat with Liebdaga ... I'm having a hard time believing that old Drovenge is enthusiastic about such a plan. What's the story there?"

"Very possible that, being a talented woman, she is straining under the patriarchal bonds that Wiscrani nobility do. Or she has a plan that doesn't include the old man."

Sense Motive DC 27:
While not lying, Crosael does seem to be holding something back.
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
Cassian Merro wrote:
He glances at the party, the implication clear: he can be interrupted should anyone else have anything to say or disagree with his present tact. "Well, how about this? How about you walk away clean, and we meet up later and discuss the best way for you to get back at Lady Drovenge?"
"I'd be all in favor of that if she is," Zsz concurs.

She looks towards the door, "Don't suppose you know of a safe place for me to go? Lady Chammady has a large number of people working for her and while I may be finished in the life I did have, I'd still like to be breathing when the sun sets."

A pause, "Plus the devils that keep on picking off the men."

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Is Avahzi likely to be as amenable to ... dialogue as you are, by the way?"

She winces, "Doubt it. She was thrilled that she's in charge. I'd hate to be any of the thieves that she suddenly got command of." A pause, "Plus she's a cold heartless b~+@&. Didn't even care if the shadows she set to guard the building took out any of the men."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
chavamana wrote:
"Very possible that, being a talented woman, is straining under the patriarchal bonds that Wiscrani nobility do. Or she has a plan that doesn't include the old man."

Cassian grins. "Don't hold back on us now. We're trying to establish trust here."

Leopard Lady wrote:
"I'd be all in favor of that if she is," Zsz concurs.

K: Local 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24 Rygel assist 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

"[This unnamed place] should be safe enough," Cassian says.

Rygel chirps.

"Not at this time of night. Traffic's not an issue."

Rygel chitters.

"That's way across town."

Rygel chitters louder.

"Well, yeah, I guess you can take the bridge. But weren't you the one concerned about traffic?"

Rygel chirps and gestures. Some of it might be obscene.

"She can too climb!"

Rygel lets out a squawk. Cassian glares at his monkey for a long moment. Finally, grudgingly, muttering, "[This other place] is probably better."


Cassian Merro wrote:
Crosael wrote:
"Very possible that, being a talented woman, is straining under the patriarchal bonds that Wiscrani nobility do. Or she has a plan that doesn't include the old man."
Cassian grins. "Don't hold back on us now. We're trying to establish trust here."

The bright green-gold eyes flash to the monkey, "Still don't think he is the polygraph."

Quietly, quickly, as if even now she expects that someone is listening to them. "It shouldn't affect what is going on in the spiral, just a... feeling I got about why she is doing this all when she," her voice turns edged, her eyes brighter, "informed me as to what I needed to do."

Cassian Merro wrote:
Leopard Lady wrote:
"I'd be all in favor of that if she is," Zsz concurs.

"[This unnamed place] should be safe enough," Cassian says.

Rygel chirps.

"Not at this time of night. Traffic's not an issue."

Rygel chitters.

"That's way across town."

Rygel chitters louder.

"Well, yeah, I guess you can take the bridge. But weren't you the one concerned about traffic?"

Rygel chirps and gestures. Some of it might be obscene.

"She can too climb!"

Rygel lets out a squawk. Cassian glares at his monkey for a long moment. Finally, grudgingly, muttering, "[This other place] is probably better."

Crosael watches the by-play between man and monkey. "Maybe not magic, but certainly not mundane."

She looks at the group, "I don't suppose any of you have a disguise kit? Mine, well..." She motions in the direction of the pit, "Isn't really in a useable form anymore. I don't particularly want to draw attention and," she motions to herself.

5,501 to 5,550 of 9,364 << first < prev | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shadows Turn - Chavamana's CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.