Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows over Westcrown

Game Master chavamana


5,351 to 5,400 of 9,364 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>

female half-elf witch 15

Zsz loosens the hair about the halfling's neck and mouth.

"Parlay accepted," she says. "Any reason it would be a bad idea to take this inside?" She motions her head towards the door.

GM:
Readied action - attack if he starts to cast a spell.


female half-elf witch 15

Amaya:
chavamana wrote:
"Not by me." But there is a relived smile. Amaya takes out a small compact applying just a tad of the shimmer inside to her eyelids.

Zsz takes the time to freshen her own makeup before the two (presumably) return to join the others.

Alma and Fiosa:
chavamana wrote:
Alma's eyes get really wide as Zsz's hair withdraws. She stutters again, "Umm.. ma'am there is a mirror in the dressing room." A pause, "But those are quite nice, miss."

"They really are," Zsz agrees. "All right, then, a few in this style for everday wear. Do you think I should get a pair in a different style for dates and such?"

Tarvi:
chavamana wrote:
Tarvi smiles, chuckles, nodding, "Only fair." She bows, a sweeping gesture. A yawn, "I have one more thing to get done tonight, but anytime after than, m'k?"

Zsz smiles happily. "Sounds lovely."

Shae Hunt:
Zsz nods in response to Tarvi, then says to Cassian, "I'll be ready in thirty seconds." She casts a series of spells upon herself while, possibly, Cassian explains the plan.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Any reason it would be a bad idea to take this inside?" She motions her head towards the door.

The Raven surveys the area. "Probably better done inside, away from prying ears."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Thera Ven wrote:
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Any reason it would be a bad idea to take this inside?" She motions her head towards the door.
The Raven surveys the area. "Probably better done inside, away from prying ears."

Azhar looks at the halfling,, then at Zsz and The Raven . He nods, "Agreed."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava:
Delvehaven
Mr. Straw wrote:
"To guard it against those who would wish to invade and destroy her treasures." The Mwangi fetish replies immediately.

"So that means at least one of you needs to be here to serve that function, but the others are free to explore. Is that why the others are off with Zsz?"

Teahouse

Tarvi wrote:
She shakes her head with a friendly smile, "Let me figure out if it is even possible" She wrinkles her nose, "Would hate to jinx it."

"So you're just going to keep me wondering then? That's just cruel." Azhar's soft smile belies his words. It's obvious he is quite curious, however.

Desnus 7ish

Amaya wrote:
 A slight moan as thier lips touch and then when they part, "I love you, Azhar."

A minute, almost surprised pause, then she is crushed up into him with renewed vigor. His large hands pressing her into his hot loins, he covers her mouth, temporarily smothering her with his passion. At last he relents, "and I love you." he murmurs, his eyes almost watering with the intensity of his elation, his emotions plain on his face as he stares into her upturned face. He lets her slide down slowly against him until her feet are back on the floor, his fingers finding her skin beneath her shirt, perhaps raising it a little more than would be comfortable in a public area, and again squeezing her into him as he continues to beam at her.

Gargoyle
[quite=Mithra] She saunters forward as he pours liquid in the bowl, then delicately lowers her head to lap at the potion. She looks over at him, her neck twisting, the look in her eyes clearly saying, 'What? You're still here?'

Azhar chuckles, "Yes, I'm still here." he says, reaching out and scritching the fur around her neck. "Come. Sit with me awhile."

Wild Empathy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Hunting
"Let's go," he says, letting the man fall. He leads the way quickly and quietly for an exit.

Operation: Monkey Freedom
"Price of being the big man, I'm afraid." Cassisn scratches the monkey's head. "Come on, guys. Let's head home."

Calseinica
He cuddles up behind her. "You're way too good to me." A kiss on her shoulder, and a soft caress down her side. "After opening night, we can have the date we were supposed to have."

Shae Hunt:
Tarvi wrote:
Tarvi shakes her head at Zsz's question, "Not really. Don't think I'd be able to concentrate on the matrix which crystallizes the magic with you there."

Cassian smirks at this.

Tarvi wrote:
Another yawn as Cassian comes out, "What is the plan, Cass?"

"I let Khazrae know to warn us when she sees the shae. We leave you here to keep the thing's attention on the apartment, while me and Buzz get close."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

dice:

Gravlax perception roll: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
just because


Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

Zsz loosens the hair about the halfling's neck and mouth.

"Parlay accepted," she says. "Any reason it would be a bad idea to take this inside?" She motions her head towards the door.

Thera Ven wrote:
The Raven surveys the area. "Probably better done inside, away from prying ears."
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar looks at the halfling,, then at Zsz and The Raven . He nods, "Agreed."

Still gagging from the straggling hold, the halfling pulls himself up onto his feet courtsey of a large stone block. Already moving away from the white-haired entangler he coughs, voice horse, "Uh, yeah. Inside."

He half walks, half stumbles to the northern door opening the door. Inside you see a traditionally Wiscrani shrine to Asmodeus, both of the statues that would normally watch over the proceedings covered with sheets. Without a pause the halfling walks to the door opposite where you just entered - just between the statues, entering the room beyond.

Which is a well-appointed room seems to have been recently cleaned and organized. Cracks in the wall, and a particularly large crack on the side of the fireplace to the northeast, are the only testament to the ruins to which the rest of the house has been reduced. The rest of this bedroom seems quite well lived-in. The halfling takes a backpack from a dresser quickly packing clothing and belongings. As he works, he looks nervously at the group, "So what do you want to know?"


female half-elf witch 15
chavamana wrote:
Which is a well-appointed room seems to have been recently cleaned and organized. Cracks in the wall, and a particularly large crack on the side of the fireplace to the northeast, are the only testament to the ruins to which the rest of the house has been reduced. The rest of this bedroom seems quite well lived-in. The halfling takes a backpack from a dresser quickly packing clothing and belongings. As he works, he looks nervously at the group, "So what do you want to know?"

"We can start with the basics," Zsz says evenly. "Who are you, who was your associate, what were your intentions here, and why did the devil attack you?"


female half-elf witch 15

Shae Hunt:
Cassian Merro wrote:
"I let Khazrae know to warn us when she sees the shae. We leave you here to keep the thing's attention on the apartment, while me and Buzz get close."

"Sounds good to me," Zsz says.

Shae Hunt and Perception DC 22:
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian smirks at this.

Zsz blushes.


In the Ruined Remains of Aberian's Folly - Desnus 26

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
Vittershins wrote:
As he works, he looks nervously at the group, "So what do you want to know?"
"We can start with the basics," Zsz says evenly. "Who are you, who was your associate, what were your intentions here, and why did the devil attack you?"

He pauses momentarily in his packing to touch his forehead ever so briefly, "Vittershins." He motions back the way you came into the building, "That was Lozendi. He was setting up a meet and greet with Liebdaga for the boss. And f#%* if I know." His mouth opens, he looks at the group around him and it snaps shut.

A) K:local DC 26:
Aberten Vittershins - also known as "The Dealer" - had a slightly higher profile as a con-man in Wiscrani being an Varisian halfling as opposed to a Cheliaxian one. Started with simple cons like three-card monty, mostly known for being far more skilled than the position he holds in gangs and groups - partially for being a halfling, partially for being a foreigner, and partially for not being a straight thief.

B)K: local DC 30:
Lozendi is the name of a second story man and straight up cat burglar who did a number of high profile thefts from Wiscrani nobility about eight years ago.


female half-elf witch 15

In the Ruined Remains of Aberian's Folly - Desnus 26

chavamana wrote:
He pauses momentarily in his packing to touch his forehead ever so briefly, "Vittershins." He motions back the way you came into the building, "That was Lozendi. He was setting up a meet and greet with Liebdaga for the boss. And f@#* if I know." His mouth opens, he looks at the group around him and it snaps shut.

"Fair enough," Zsz says. "Who's the boss, and who were you worried was going to get to Liebdaga first?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

"Careful. Shorty's a con artist. His partner was a third rate cat burglar."


"Artist is right. Con, no." He just shrugs about the comment about the dead man.

Grabbing a deck of cards from beside the bed and slipping it into a pocket Vittershins answers Zsz's question. "Drovenge is the boss. And Lozendi was worried that Avahzi would get the credit for getting a safe path arranged for the boss instead of him." A shrug, "Guess she will now that he is dead." He looks around the room, back at Zsz. Waiting.


female half-elf witch 15
chavamana wrote:
He looks around the room, back at Zsz. Waiting.

"Tell us about the Master Key and the contract."


Vittershins's forehead furrows, "Master... oh! The mayor's key. Opens the big door, bypasses the magical wards on the door." Shrugs, "Probably on the Arvanxi." A pause, considering, "There is no new energy being supplied to the door since the explosion, so the wards will be down in the next twenty hours or so." Adding the little bit of extra, unasked for information as, next to the wall and as far from any of the group as he can manage he inches towards the door.

"And Liebdaga's contract. The deal the House of Thrune and the first of their Wiscrani mayors made with the big guy. Non-aggression towards the rightful holder, etc, etc. Legal mumbo jumbo and magical words."

A) K:Planes DC 30 OR K:arcane/K:local/K:nobility DC40:
Pit fiend are generally the most powerful of Hell’s non-unique devils, but Liebdaga the Twin is even more powerful than most of his brethren, he is an infernal duke—a unique pit fiend. He once served on Avernus as a guardian to the entrance to Erebus.
A) K:Planes DC 32 OR K:arcane/K:local/K:nobility DC42:
The body and soul of most outsiders are one, but in Liebdaga’s case, his soul is separate from his body, similar to a mortal’s soul in this way. Legends hold that this granted Liebdaga life after death, and while he has been slain several times, he swiftly rises from death to slay his would-be killer. The fact that he has, essentially, a dualistic existence is the source of his title, “The Twin.”
A) K:Planes DC 34 OR K:arcane/K:local/K:nobility DC44:
Liebdaga is likely weakened from his long imprisonment and his use as a source of power, but if he escapes from the Nessian Spiral, he will likely be able to regain his full strength within days—or even faster if he’s able to consume a few fresh mortal souls.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

dice:
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32 Rygel assist 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35 Rygel assist 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23 Rygel assist 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


female half-elf witch 15
chavamana wrote:
"And Liebdaga's contract. The deal the House of Thrune and the first of their Wiscrani mayors made with the big guy. Non-aggression towards the rightful holder, etc, etc. Legal mumbo jumbo and magical words."

"Well. That's pretty much what I wanted to know. Anyone have anything further they wanted to ask?" Zsz puts to the group as a whole.

Bluff Check: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27

Everyone but Vittershins, or Sense Motive DC 27:
You sense the following intent behind Zsz's last question: "His employer will probably know we're here a few minutes after he gets out the door. Do we care enough to kill him, or should we let him go?"

Knowledge Rolls:
Know Planes 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40

Know Arcana 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35


GM:
1d20 ⇒ 1

Zsz:
PRD/Bluff wrote:
Using Bluff to deliver a secret message takes twice as long as the message would otherwise take to relay.

I think that the text that you are hiding the secret message in needs to be longer than the secret message that you are trying to get across.


"Fantastic." Vittershins says inching closer to the door. "And if anyone asked, you killed me." He puts his hands up, "Or the devil woman if you don't want my blood on your hand," shrugging. "Honestly, don't care. I just want long enough to get out of this city before the f#*%ing pit fiend breaks free and kills me."

A little closer to the door.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

The Raven steps between Vittershins and the door, puffing out his chest, and putting his hands on his hips.

"But think, friend, of the hero's welcome you'd receive helping to save the city from the fiend."


"Oh yes," Vittershins voice dry as dust, "I can just imagine the cheers of the people as I get carted off to be sold to a new master." He takes a few steps back from the black clothed Raven.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

The Raven's gaze goes off into the distance. "The exultant cheers of a grateful city," he says, almost as if he can hear those cheers echo in his ears.

His gaze snaps back to Vittershins. "You're lucky to have such an opportunity."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

"Yes, fire was in the little bottles that I set around the doors," The Raven says.

"I don't suppose you can forge his signature, can you?" The Raven shrugs at Lefty's corpse. "Otherwise I'll never hear the end of it when I ask Gravlax to forge them for me himself."


"uh huh" Nodding his head, backing up a little more... although still trying to keep as much distance as possible from the white-haired bondage freak. "I'll just leave the whole cheers things to you. And, really, unless there is something else you want to know... I would very much like to leave the place the pit fiend is probably going to step on first."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
chavamana wrote:

"Fantastic." Vittershins says inching closer to the door. "And if anyone asked, you killed me." He puts his hands up, "Or the devil woman if you don't want my blood on your hand," shrugging. "Honestly, don't care. I just want long enough to get out of this city before the f**$ing pit fiend breaks free and kills me."

A little closer to the door.

Azhar gives the halfling a brief, curt nod.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

The Raven takes two steps to the side, and gestures expansively toward the door.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

Book Selection

Gravlax is looking more for adventure than horror, although historical romance is also acceptable. But steering well clear of anything that references cannibals or cannibalism.

Ambush Apartment

"Yes," he says. "But I will warn you this ... once you've gotten used to eating regularly, it's hard to go back to the cycle of periodic feast along the edge of famine."

There is a smile in his voice even as his words are teasing.

"I know you find it a great hardship to be well-fed because it leads to exercise, but I am here to tell you such fears can be overcome with my unique method."

He takes a deep breath, enjoying the spring Wiscrani air in his lungs and the presence of the young woman beside him. "Would you like to step inside and discuss this further?"


Azhar:
Vittershins doesn't seem to trust you and has no reason to like you, but seems to be sincere that he doesn't care about the people he is leaving in the lurch here at the manor.
Thera Ven wrote:
The Raven takes two steps to the side, and gestures expansively toward the door.

"Alrightly then." Vittershins makes a move to the door, his back turning on the group only when he is in the doorjam.


Teahouse:
As Zsz and Amaya come back from freshening up, they hear,
Azhar wrote:
"So you're just going to keep me wondering then? That's just cruel." Azhar's soft smile belies his words. It's obvious he is quite curious, however.

Tarvi, "Yes. I am a woman, therefore cruel and quicksilver in my moods." Humor in her tone, "So you can just keep on guessing."

Zsz:
Alma and Fiosa
Fiosa shrugs, "Normally you would get special underwear to match the clothes that you are going to wear... I don't know if that would make as much of a difference for you."

Alma just sort of blanches. "You do wear clothes at... some point, don't you?"

Tarvi
"So..." A teasing smile, "Do I get any warning on what kind of dinner, or do I have to be prepared for anything?"
Since Zsz is getting her headband on the 23rd, would it be fair to say that date will be happening post the mayor's explosion?

Do I have any scenes hanging for you?


Cassian:
Hunting Perception,Bluff,Stealth: 1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 22 + 2 = 251d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 19 + 2 = 411d20 + 26 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 26 + 2 = 41 +2 aid from Thekla
The apartment home is far noisier at night, making hard for the quiet pair to notice when someone is approaching rather than just walking around on the floor above or below. However, sneaking into the armory then down a floor, they only have to divert a single pair of people in order to make their escape clean.

Less than a block from the run-down lair, Rygel jumps out of the darkness, reclaiming his perch with a scolding, quiet, screech. At just that moments, shouts erupt from the top floor.

Thekla smiles, "Clean getaway if we get moving. I think you said something about celebration?"

Operation: Monkey Freedom
Rygel chitters, looking for bugs in Casian's hair.

Tarvi nods, already turning in a different direction than the path the monkeys took. Nearer to the harbors, Cassian hears sailors attempting to chase down the nimble monkeys.

1d100 ⇒ 74

The journey through the night streets is faster with the ability to see perfectly in the darkness. In the alleyways, the trio can hear the slither and bump of the things that hunt, but nothing dares impede their path. As soon as the lock clicks closed behind them, Tarvi hugs her brother and Rygel. "That was fantastic and terryfing and..." she straightens, a huge grin, "I feel like I did something good."

Her sapphire eyes light up, "I need to make Rygel a crown."

Calseinica
Calseinica shivers as Cassian's hand travels down her body. She twists her upper body to kiss his upper arm. [smaller]"You deserve it." Her voice light, happy, "I did bring everything you gave me."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Hunting
Cassian grins. "Well, we could head back to the Gilded Steed and rent a couple girls for the evening. Or we could go to a bar, and you could watch me try my luck with the local talent." He leans back, luxuriating in the power. "I'm not ready for the night to be over."

Operation: Monkey Freedom
Cassian accepts the hug. "Well, don't tell anyone I did it. I don't want them getting the wrong idea."

He goes to the couch and settles down, stretching his skinny body out. "So... been meaning to ask you. You and Buzz, huh?"

Calseinica
"Good. I'm looking forward to it. Now you need your sleep for tomorrow, and if we stay up, I'm going to seduce you again, and you'll be screaming, and this whole evening was for naught. Get some rest, my jewel. We'll talk in the morning."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Teahouse:

Tarvi wrote:
Tarvi, "Yes. I am a woman, therefore cruel and quicksilver in my moods." Humor in her tone, "So you can just keep on guessing."

"Ladies." Azhar nods acknowledging their presence, he gets up, apparently to pull back a chair which is not their, blinks and motions towards their places a little lamely, but with a smile. He re-seats himself, his hand supporting his weight behind her as his lips briefly brush the skin at the back of her neck. His hand moves to her back, fingertips scratching lightly back and forth while he speaks. "Ms. Tarvi is merely deciding to be dark and mysterious." He pours some amber liquid into a ceramic cup, "tea?" he offers to pour for anyone interested.


Azhar:
Delvehaven
Mr Straw nods. "Two. Safer that way."

Desnus 7ish
She stays pulled against him for one beat, two, three. Then reality comes crashing down. Her tone sharp, full of propriety, "Az..zhar.." smacking lightly at the hands raising her shirt.

Gargoyle
She doesn't pull away from his hand and she sits. But she sits with the attitude of 'It is a nice afternoon and I'm going to sit here because I want to sit here, it has absolutely nothing to do with you, your food, your water, or your scritching fingers.'


Cassian:
Hunting/Thekla
Thekla watches him for a moment, her short blonde hair falling forward over her eyes, a half-smile on her face. "Didn't realize I was that obvious."

Considers, her smile growing a bit as she watches the rush of energy from the thrill of power, "I've never really been one to pay for something I can earn for free. Have a bar in mind?"

Opertation: Monkey Freedom
Tarvi tilts her head a little, her eyes intentionally getting a little bigger, pulling on the 'dumb girl' look with a practiced ease. "You mean you didn't do it to create chaos in the markets of Westcrown?"

She flops down on the couch near his feet, a little of an embarrassed blush coloring her cheeks as the false guise falls away. "Kinda."

"I like her... Or I should say I like many of the things I know about her. Witty, quick on the update, incredibly competent." A pause, then in a mumble, "Secretive, hard to understand."

Her head falls onto the arm of the couch, "I don't know if I like her or if I just like hanging out with her and there is no one more interesting." A pause, "Plus the whole getting naked if you pass out... not sure how I feel about the whole killing hair..."

Calseinica
A delighted giggle, a wiggle, and then - a bit later - calm, even breathing as she sinks in to sleep.


The Raven:
"I'm a doctor, of course I can." Another slightly unnerving but brilliantly happy smile, "For you."
The Raven/Sense Motive DC 20:
1d20 ⇒ 8
In this particular case, the doctor would be lying.

Gravlax:
Book SelectionK:local,Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 191d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Between Gravlax's knowledge of his home city and his polite discourse, he is able to find a book (or books) fitting what he wants.

Ambush Apartment
Mathalen smiles, back. Suddenly her foot presses against the back of his knee, attempting to trip him. Normally, he would be a lost cause, falling to the ground under him... however...

Gravlax has Combat Reflexes and thus can take AoO during a surprise round.

And Mathalen's trip attempt DC 19: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18... and then she fails anyway :)


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Thekla
"Not obvious to most men. I'm not most men," Cassian says with a grin. "Come on, I know an after hours place where we might find some decent company. Shame I'm going to be competing with you, though. Make me try harder."

Operation: Monkey Freedom
"She's a killer," Cassian says. "Utterly remorseless about it, too. Granted, she's an elf, so what do you expect? Humans are pretty much just pets to them, what with our relative lifespans."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava:

Delvehaven
Mr. Straw wrote:
Mr Straw nods. "Two. Safer that way."

Azhar nods, "Okay, why did the others split?"

Desnus 7ish

Amaya wrote:
She stays pulled against him for one beat, two, three. Then reality comes crashing down. Her tone sharp, full of propriety, "Az..zhar.." smacking lightly at the hands raising her shirt.

He straightens slightly, his hands dropping to her hips, letting her shirt fall as well, his smile mischievous. "What?" he asks, not entirely innocently.

Gargoyle

Mithra wrote:
She doesn't pull away from his hand and she sits. But she sits with the attitude of 'It is a nice afternoon and I'm going to sit here because I want to sit here, it has absolutely nothing to do with you, your food, your water, or your scritching fingers.'

"I see." he says, "and how long have you been here?" his other hand runs across her fur. how badly does she appear to be injured? He takes out another potion, ready to pour it in the bowl.


Cassian:
Thekla
She grins back, "It is a shame, you're a looker." She flips her dagger in the palm of her hand before it disappears into her sleeve. "Lead on, Merro."

After a few blocks, "Using the monkey seems like an unfair advantage."

Operation: Monkey Freedom
Tarvi nods, "That would be the negative." She freezes, then looks over at Cassian, "She's an elf?" No disbelief in her voice, but shock.

Just to explain Tarvi's reaction - it is a DC 38 perception roll currently to see through Zsz's disguise to be human. (She has a feat that gives a +10 to pass for human.)


female half-elf witch 15

Alma and Fiosa:
chavamana wrote:

Fiosa shrugs, "Normally you would get special underwear to match the clothes that you are going to wear... I don't know if that would make as much of a difference for you."

Alma just sort of blanches. "You do wear clothes at... some point, don't you?"

"That would depend on what kind of date it was, wouldn't it?" Zsz asks reasonably. She picks out a pair in a tanga cut which offer minimal but not microscopic coverage. "How about these?"

Tarvi:
chavamana wrote:
"So..." A teasing smile, "Do I get any warning on what kind of dinner, or do I have to be prepared for anything?"

"Hmm," Zsz replies with an expression of deep consideration. "Perhaps that should depend on whether you like surprises, or detest them."

GM:
chavamana wrote:
Since Zsz is getting her headband on the 23rd, would it be fair to say that date will be happening post the mayor's explosion?

Feel free to begin it wherever you feel would be story appropriate.

chavamana wrote:
Do I have any scenes hanging for you?

I think the Gargoyle Hunt scene is dead at this point, so that leaves the Shae Hunt as the only other ongoing one I can think of.

Teahouse:
Azhar wrote:
"Ladies." Azhar nods acknowledging their presence, he gets up, apparently to pull back a chair which is not their, blinks and motions towards their places a little lamely, but with a smile. He re-seats himself, his hand supporting his weight behind her as his lips briefly brush the skin at the back of her neck. His hand moves to her back, fingertips scratching lightly back and forth while he speaks. "Ms. Tarvi is merely deciding to be dark and mysterious." He pours some amber liquid into a ceramic cup, "tea?" he offers to pour for anyone interested.

"She is a riddle wrapped in a mystery wrapped in an enigma," Zsz states as she sits down. "Thank you," she continues, accepting the offer of tea.


female half-elf witch 15

GM:
Oh, and there's also the Doll's party, but I figured that was waiting until Ruddigore and whatever you wanted to do with it.


female half-elf witch 15

After the halfling (presumably) leaves, Zsz turns to the rest of the group.

"Liebdaga the Twin is an infernal duke - more powerful even than most of his pit fiend brethren, who rank among the most powerful devils in Hell save for those who rule it. He once served on Avernus as a guardian to the entrance to Erebus. Legend states that he has a bipartite essence and his spirit can rejuvenate his body immediately upon death - he has been slain several times, but each time swiftly rose from death to slay his would-be killer. This dualistic nature is why he is called the Twin."

"It sounds like he's been used as an energy source, like the old Thassilonian devil-powered generators. He's going to be significantly weakened from being used in this manner, but if he escapes he'll regain his full strength within days - and much faster than that if he’s able to consume a few fresh mortal souls, which honestly shouldn't be too difficult."

"It sounds like we won't be able to get in until the wards go down unless we find the key, and the contract may very well have something useful in it. Tracking down the mayor sounds like a good immediate plan at this point, at least to me."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

Sense Motive DC 20: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

"When we have a moment," The Raven says. "If you listen carefully, we might be able to hear that first guard open the door, and break the bottle."

"Did you want salt for those eyes, or do you just eat them unadorned?"


female half-elf witch 15

And aside to Cassian: "I suppose Drovenge would be Chammady Drovenge? Know anything about her in particular?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
And aside to Cassian: "I suppose Drovenge would be Chammady Drovenge? Know anything about her in particular?"

"A bit. Her name has popped up more than I'd like, so I've been keeping tabs. She frequents a pit-fighting ring and packs more magic items on her person than makes me comfortable."

GM:
Thekla
Cassian laughs. "Well, anytime you want to give this a try, you just let me know."

Cassian will take her to some cool place he knows about. "The monkey gets a specific kind of girl. Usually the kind who thinks I'm much nicer than I am."

Operation: Monkey Freedom
"She's something" Cassian says. "And apparently a liar too." He shrugs. "She's dangerous. Sleep with her if you want, but don't let your guard down."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

After the halfling leaves, The Raven shakes his head. "That man has no public spirit," he mutters.

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"It sounds like we won't be able to get in until the wards go down unless we find the key, and the contract may very well have something useful in it. Tracking down the mayor sounds like a good immediate plan at this point, at least to me."

The Raven nods gravely. "I can make discreet enquiries if you would like," he says, rubbing his hands together. "Shall we play 'Hunt the Mayor'?"


female half-elf witch 15
Thera Ven wrote:
After the halfling leaves, The Raven shakes his head. "That man has no public spirit," he mutters.

Zsz momentarily gets a "wait ... you were serious?" expression on her face.

Thera Ven wrote:
The Raven nods gravely. "I can make discreet enquiries if you would like," he says, rubbing his hands together. "Shall we play 'Hunt the Mayor'?"

"Discreet inquiries would be good if they're quick," Zsz says. "My suspicion, since he knows a Duke of Hell may be about to go on a rampage, is that he'll be trying to blow town. Would he head for the hills or the docks, do you think? Or should we perhaps split up and look to both? The wider a net we can cast, the more likely we are to find him."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Thera Ven wrote:
"Shall we play 'Hunt the Mayor'?"

Azhar nods, "Let's. I believe last we heard, he was headed down to the docks. Might have just been a rumor, but I think I'll head in that direction first, unless you have other ideas."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar nods, "Let's. I believe last we heard, he was headed down to the docks. Might have just been a rumor, but I think I'll head in that direction first, unless you have other ideas."

Cassian nods. "I heard the same thing. That's where we start."


female half-elf witch 15
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian nods. "I heard the same thing. That's where we start."

"All right. I can start an aerial search pattern in that direction."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian nods. "I heard the same thing. That's where we start."

The Raven points to the door, pausing (posing) only to say, "To the docks!"

And he is off.


Appropriate skills for finding the mayor include: Knowledge (local), Diplomacy, and any other skill that you can justify with your means of doing so.

The group exits door left, as they move away from the blasted area, they see patrols of dottari and hellknights have arrived. They are able to avoid attention, slipping away to the east.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian's Knowledge: Local 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31 Rygel assist 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

5,351 to 5,400 of 9,364 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shadows Turn - Chavamana's CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.