Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shadows over Westcrown

Game Master chavamana


5,151 to 5,200 of 9,364 << first < prev | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | next > last >>

Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

Delvehaven

Gravlax stays crouched and takes a step closer. Just one. "Are you hurt?" he asks when he sees the bite marks. "Your body, I mean."


Delvehaven - Desnus 6

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

Zsz glances out the window and then back towards the dolls.

"I realize you likely have duties here," Zsz says, "But even if so, I think the most responsible of guards still deserves some time off."

"If any of you would like to visit the world outside this lodge, I'd be happy to offer my home as a resting place for you for however long or short a time you'd like, to however many or few of you would like to be there at any time. Since we have knowledge of how the wards work, you could return here whenever you wished."

The dolls go into their huddle, looking over their shoulders. First examining Zsz. Then Azhar. Cassian. Tarvi. Janiven (still with a bow in hand). Fiosa. Then back to Zsz.

"We can visit you... for a little, little while." Draggy decides.

A pause, "Does the dark-haired one who jumps live with you? He's fun." Molly Missy adds.

Desnus 7 - Delvehaven Discoveries
The discoverys made by the Delvehaven delvers are listen to with great interest by the members of the revolution who weren't invited and by the pathfinder. Bisby's sad fall to insanity before death and his haunting of the lodge darkens her eyes. Ailyn gives the adventurers a sad smile, "I'll get a message to Absalom about Bisby's and Heavenscape's fates." She turns to Gravlax, "I'm sure she will be happy to longer be held by agents of Thrune, even so long after her death." A deep breath, "I should be able to get you your reward in a week or two."

When she hears about the dolls, Ailyn gets a contemplative expression. "They sound... familiar. Is there any chance I can examine them?"

GM:
Azhar:
social even with music/dancing: 1d100 ⇒ 31; Amaya's heart: 1d100 ⇒ 5

Cassian:
Calseinica after-effects: 1d100 ⇒ 10; Chammandy: 1d100 ⇒ 100; Tarvi's Shadows: 1d100 ⇒ 52; Rygel's monkey revolution (difficulty): 1d100 ⇒ 28

Gravlax:
Paperwork of DOOM: 1d100 ⇒ 60; Ashes, ashes, everywhere: 1d100 ⇒ 58; gargoyles: 1d100 ⇒ 26; Mathalen's past: 1d100 ⇒ 95

Zsz:
Dashing Strangers: 1d100 ⇒ 93; shadow woman: 1d100 ⇒ 87; viva le revolution: 1d100 ⇒ 20


Azhar:
The Shipwreck of Hoakrem Krin
As you read the text, the story reverbatates in your mind, letting you see the memories of the writer as if you had been there. Recalling his time as a passenger on a voyage across the Arcadian ocean. Captain Krin’s ship was destroyed by a kraken, but he survived alone by escaping on a makeshift raft. For 118 days Krin drifted, surviving on rainwater and fish caught with an improvised spear, eventually landing well south of Sargava. He trekked overland for 37 days through the jungle to finally reach civilization, after enduring all manner of peril.

Access to Captain Krin's memores of torment and hunger grant the +1 bonus on Knowledge (geography) and Survival checks and on all Fortitude saves. This also allows you to use Knowledge (geography) as if you had ranks in it.


Cassian:
Scorin Kastel and the Siege of Moenspire
During the War of Broken Truces, with the town surrounded by hobgoblin regiments, a half-elf ranger named Scorin escaped into Moenspire Citadel. For 17 months Scorin coordinated the front lines, organized the remaining defenders to repel attacks, and endured countless assaults by the hobgoblin army on the citadel walls. After the food supply was exhausted, only creativity (and prayers) kept the remaining soldiers on their feet. Finally, allied reinforcements amassed a counterattack and forced the hobgoblins to withdraw to defend their own homeland, but not before Scorin succumbed to his wounds—the ranger did not live to see the Siege of Moenspire lifted, despite all he had done to secure it.

Access to the harrowing memories of the siege and the innovative solutions that Scorin came up with grant a +1 bonus on Disable Device and Knowledge (engineering) checks and on all Will saves. This also allows you to use Knowledge (engineering) as if you had ranks in it.


Gravlax:
The Lycanthropy of Evran Townsend
This chronicle presents the tragic tale of young Evran Townsend’s doom after he was bitten by a werewolf in Darkmoon Vale. He spent 3 years in the woods, growing more powerful and losing more of his humanity until his former adventuring companions finally tracked him down and returned him to civilization after believing they had cured his curse. Yet the first full moon after his return, Evran transformed again and slew dozens of innocents — his companions were forced to hunt him down in the catacombs beneath the city’s graveyards, and finally killed him with a strike from a silver rapier.

Access to these bestial and feral memories imparted by this book heighten the reader’s reaction time and destructive nature, granting a +2 bonus on Initiative checks and on Strength checks made to break or destroy objects.


Zsz:
The Imprisonment of Marcos Trom
This book imparts the sorrowful tale of an Ustalavic nobleman named Marcos Trom, who was wrongfully accused of murdering an administrative official and hurled into the bowels of a massive prison. There, Marcos languished for 8 years, surviving frequent lashings without any chance to see the sun. Only careful planning followed by ingenious tunneling made his escape possible, yet as he emerged into the hills south of the prison after a grueling crawl through ghoul-infested warrens, he discovered that during his stay in prison he had actually died and transformed into an undead mockery of his former life—he enjoyed only a few moments of sun and freedom before burning to ashes.

Access to the desperate and cruel memories imparted by this book impart both a longing for freedom and a powerful focus of the mind, granting a +1 bonus on Escape Artist checks and a +2 bonus on concentration checks.


Cassian:
Post Scouting Drinks
"But you're still alive... which means not as deep as you think or you are damn lucky." A sip of her own, "Either way, a interesting man to know." She finishes what is in her glass. Rolls easily to her feet.

"The rest of the bottle is yours. Meet you at the Kraken's Ink... or up in Cader?"

Desnus 20 - the ship carrying the exotic animals will be in the next downtime post just as a heads up so you can sketch out Cassian's plan.


Zsz:
She laughs, the sounds not muffled so it echos slightly in the empty streets. No doubt it will add to the ghostly reputation of the building. "Precisely."

And when you get to the point where you would part. She smiles, "Getting you injured wasn't on the planned agenda, but I enjoyed spending time with you Zsz."


The Raven:
The doctor manages a shrug despite her birdy wings.

He crashes through the window... which has been secured more than it way previously. The wood as it breaks cuts into his skin, damaging the Raven superficially. The Raven takes 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11 hit points.

In the room are two armored guards. They hadn't been expecting the loud entrance, so The Raven manages to catch them surprised. [ooc]The Raven has a surprise round, he can take a move or standard action." The bird in the window poses just because.


Gravlax:
Delvehaven
She nods her head, shakes it. Closes her eyes in frustration with her own reaction. "I have a few physical injuries, but... not as bad as it felt like it would be in that room." A dry swallow, then very quietly, "I knew I was eating you all..." Her black eyes starting to go blank, "Cannibals become ghoulish monsters when they die." She winces slightly as she wraps an arm around her knees, probably from abrading the bite.

Ambush Apartment
She pulls off her worn long-sleeved jacket, stretching, well-toned muscles clear under the sleeveless shirt. She nods, her body moving in a sinous pattern, her eyes sharp. Her movements working off his eyes more than his body.

She nods, "Very ready." Bare feet keeping her well-balanced, moving easily, unencumbered by armor, utterly aware of the movements of her body.

The Old Apartment
As the world... or at least the desk... disappears from under her, Gravlax has to take her sudden weight, and does. Then moments later, Mathalen's hands slide up his arms, anchoring herself on his shoulders. Her laughter matching the bliss in her body in joy.


female half-elf witch 15

Delvehaven - Desnus 6

chavamana wrote:

"We can visit you... for a little, little while." Draggy decides.

A pause, "Does the dark-haired one who jumps live with you? He's fun." Molly Missy adds.

"I live alone at the moment," Zsz says. "But perhaps we can invite him over for tea."

Desnus 7 - Delvehaven Discoveries

chavamana wrote:
When she hears about the dolls, Ailyn gets a contemplative expression. "They sound... familiar. Is there any chance I can examine them?"

"That would be up to them, I would think," Zsz replies. "Do you want me to ask?"

GM:
At some point, Zsz will make sure the dolls are aware of the current situation in Westcrown with regards to the curfew, the dangers at night, etc.


female half-elf witch 15

Tarvi:
chavamana wrote:
And when you get to the point where you would part. She smiles, "Getting you injured wasn't on the planned agenda, but I enjoyed spending time with you Zsz."

"I had a good time, too," Zsz says, smiling back.

"So ... does that mean a second date is a possibility?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"I live alone at the moment," Zsz says. "But perhaps we can invite him over for tea."

Cassian glares in response.

GM:
Thekla
"Meet up at Cader. No reason to waste any time."

Operation: Monkey Freedom
Cassian sits down with Rygel with a sketch of the ship between them. Using what he's learned from the plans (which has been IC vague, probably by design), he is going to look for the easiest way onto the ship. From there, he plans to knock the fewest possible guards out with shadowstrikes. He is looking to clear a path from the monkey cages to one of the shiplines mooring the vessel to the pier. Once the path is clear, he plans to get to the hold, open the cages and have Rygel lead them out... since the Monkey King can now speak to them.


female half-elf witch 15
Cassian Merro wrote:
Cassian glares in response.

A slight pause.

"I don't think he likes tea," Zsz confides to the dolls.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

The Raven strikes a menacing pose. "I seek Lefty Deodato," he says. "Tell me where he is and you may live."

.....and Intimidate roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

A slight pause.

"I don't think he likes tea," Zsz confides to the dolls.

Cassian shakes his head very slowly. No, he does not like tea.

When he turns away, getting a couple steps away from the dolls, he allows himself a small smile.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

Delvehaven

Gravlax takes another half-step toward Mathalen. "Can you pull up your jacket sleeve for me?" asks. "I thought I saw something there."

Ambush Apartment

"Okay," Gravlax says, and bends down to pick a pebble off the roof. He whips it at her in as flat an arc as he can manage.

Throw Anything: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

The Old Apartment

His body responds, and he cannot help but mirror the delight that bubbles out of her. He laughs as well, trying not to shake too hard or laugh too loud while he is doing so ... which in turn makes him laugh even harder. But still he tries.


Desnus 8-20

Flowers bloom, colors deepening in heat of the days. Spring showers, while still common, don't quite wash away the humidity of the approaching summer. Longer days, later curfew, are met with quiet satisfaction by a Wiscrani population that is restricted indoors with the coming of night. With the lengthening of the days, there are more entertainments in the post-work day before curfew.

Garden parties among the rich and idle. Almost double the theater performances. Panacea for a population under yoke and threat of death nightly.

For the revolution the two weeks pass peacefully. There are no major catastrophes that they can help ease or worsen. It is a time for rest, to train, to fence magical weapons and armor, to spend the money.

Those who are working, you have two weeks for profession/craft rolls.

Zsz:
Tarvi gets a thoughtful, considering set to her face, nearly completely faked. A half-grin, "I'm relatively certain that is a possibility."

Cassian:
Thekla
She nods. "See you then."

And the next day, near the point where the two of you watched the coming and goings of Lothario's den, Cassian finds Thekla hidden in the shadows - just another wraith of the city. She is dressed in loose fitting, old, stained garb. Cassian can barely make out the daggers hidden on arms and legs. "Do you have a plan or are we just going in and hoping we stumble on our target?"

Operation: Monkey Freedom
The exotic animals are caged on the lowest level of the ship. The heaviest guard is on the top of the ship where most people would enter, via the gangplank. However, with Cassian's and Rygel's climbing skills, the pair would be able to use the docking ropes to climb into the second layer of the ship.

However, he could be spotted by the shipboard guard, especially if one of them has darkvision. If he could arrange for a diversion while he is using the ropes that would ensure he could get onto the ship without being spotted. Once on board he would have to get down two more levels. It is likely that most of the sailors will be on shore, but his shadowstrike should allow him to take out the remaining guard.

Tarvi, listening to his plan, looks a little sad that she will not be part of the liberation force. She smiles when she hears about needing to sneak in darkness around the bowels of the ship. "I figured out a transmutation trick that would let you see perfectly in the dark for a few hours."

A pause, "Does that mean we are going to have a kingdom of monkeys in our apartment?"

Desnus 9/Apartment
Cassian comes home to an excited Caliseinica helping fit an elegant, sapphire blue dress to Tarvi. The pair smiles at the entering man. "Cali borrowed a dress from the theater for me to wear to the show tomorrow."

Tarvi/Desnus 10
Tarvi, a huge proud smile on her face, puts a beautifully cut gem down on the table in front of Cassian. The facets of the gem glow with an inner light. "I know it isn't impressive when we found so many at the Delvehaven... but I made this one."


The Raven:
It is a combination of the way the Raven poses, the ease with which he broke through the window, or just the menace in his tone - whatever it is, the guards look shaken.

One moves hesitatingly in front of a door, "No, we will not tell you that Deodato and his two bodyguards lie behind this door."


Gravlax:
Delvehaven
She nods, pulling up her sleeve roughly, ignoring the pain that must have been caused by the rough fabric pulling over the raw bite. Her voice half-flat, "Just some bites, not even fresh enough to bleed."

Ambush Apartment
Mathalen Sense Motive: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29

The pebble's arc is perfect. Gravlax knows Mathalen's reflexes, it should hit her without a problem. However, the instant before he throws the pebble, she is already in movement, and deflects the small projectile with ease. Losing her focus just enough to have a smile as she pulls a number of small throwing stones herself, throwing them at Gravlax in a flurry of movement.

Ranged Flurry: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 181d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 121d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 241d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

I think the first two miss, Gravlax can deflect (and throw the third) and the fourth manages to tag him in the forehead. No damage from the light projectiles.

The Old Apartment
Mathalen pulls herself closer to him, her chest against his, her laughter somehow remaining even as they turn to sounds of a different kind of pleasure.


female half-elf witch 15

Tarvi:
chavamana wrote:
Tarvi gets a thoughtful, considering set to her face, nearly completely faked. A half-grin, "I'm relatively certain that is a possibility."

"Oh, good," says Zsz. She takes a half step closer.

"In that case ... might a kiss be a possibility tonight?"


Desnus 8-20

chavamana wrote:

Flowers bloom, colors deepening in heat of the days. Spring showers, while still common, don't quite wash away the humidity of the approaching summer. Longer days, later curfew, are met with quiet satisfaction by a Wiscrani population that is restricted indoors with the coming of night. With the lengthening of the days, there are more entertainments in the post-work day before curfew.

Garden parties among the rich and idle. Almost double the theater performances. Panacea for a population under yoke and threat of death nightly.

For the revolution the two weeks pass peacefully. There are no major catastrophes that they can help ease or worsen. It is a time for rest, to train, to fence magical weapons and armor, to spend the money.

A) K:nobility DC 15 or K:local DC 20:
The youngest daughter of the Nymmis family, Calseinica Nymmis, has broken ties with her family. Moving out of the family estate.
A) K:local DC 25:
Currently she is staying with a friend, a daughter of a merchant family. However, with the success of her first project (this part would be post Desnus 10) following the 'Six Trials of Larazod' there are rumors of her looking for both a theater avaliable for a new theater company and an apartment in the area.
A) K:nobility DC 20 or K:local DC 30:
Despite her aparent abandonment of her family house, negotiations for her between House Nymmis and Oberigo continue. Heading this on the Nymmis side is the Lady Nymmis.

B) K:local DC 20:
A fairly successful slave merchant, Lefty Deodato, freed his last batch of slaves and provided them with transport from Westcrown. Since that time the merchant has been remarkably absent from the public.
B) K:local DC 30 or K:religion DC 20:
The oddity of the release and the low profile of the merchant has interested both the churches of Asmodeus and Abadar. Investigations are underway.

C) K:local DC 10:
Calseinica Nymmis (one of only two stars of the 'Six Trials') new production - 'Ruddigore' - opens on Desnus 10.

D) K:local DC 20:
An elven bardic group will be performing for one after only on Desnus 15 on Aroden's Rise. The event has not been well publicized in order to prevent interference from government or church.

Gravlax:
Paperwork
Amid the paperwork, Scalvo and Jask find some papers scalvaged from Delvehaven from the Thrune pathfinders. These papers suggest that many of the more magical tomes and some unique items fromt he Delvehaven had been smuggled out of the city and hidden in a guarded cache... although the details are vague.

Ashes, ashes, everywhere
Digging through the names of the ashes, Jask finds the last scion of one of the fallen pre-Thrune noble houses. A family that everyone had assumed fled to Taldane. Inside, on top of the ashes, is a signant ring.


Zsz:
post-Delvehaven
Zsz has an odd sense of someone watching. Just a feeling, nothing concrete to point to.

Cassian:
Khazrae / Post-Delvehaven
"Thought I should let you know. The shae woman hasn't been around for over a week."

And the GM forgot to post these on the last post...


female half-elf witch 15

GM:
Zsz trusts her instincts on these matters. And if someone is watching her, she would like to know who it is.

So, on occasions when she is apparently alone, she will - surreptitiously - cast Detect Thoughts and run it in a search pattern (including above). If she gets a ping, she will try to get more information.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Crafting rolls
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24, Rygel assist 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22, Rygel assist 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Rolls
K: Local DC 30 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34, Rygel assist 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
K: Local DC 30 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24, Rygel assist 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Elven Bards
What does "one after only" mean?

Spending
6000 GP for Tarvi and Amaya to raise my belt from +2 to +4
3000 GP to raise my armor from +1 to +2
Total: 9000 GP

Thekla
"Don't hear you offering a plan," Cassian remarks with a smirk. "Besides, I don't know the layout in there... but it's not like I don't know how to find a bedroom. It's where I do my best work." With that, Cassian will keep to the shadows and sneak his way in.

Stealth: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (20) + 24 = 44
Perception: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (12) + 24 = 36

Operation: Monkey Freedom
"No, Tadpole. They're not living with us. But I do need a distraction. You up for making a lot of flashing lights then getting the hell out of there?"

Desnus 9/Apartment
"Oh, right. I probably need to wear something presentable, don't I?"

Tarvi/Desnus 10
Cassian picks it up with a low whistle. "Nice work, Tadpole."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

The Raven steps forward. "And you would never dream of standing aside so that I could slip through this door."


Zsz:
Tarvi
Tarvi takes her own step forward, pressing a soft kiss to Zsz's cheek.

She pulls back slightly, still close enough that Zsz can smell the light scent of roses beneath the dirt and healthy sweat of combat. "My brother's lifestyle has made me..." she shrugs. "I tend to be cautious."

The Watched
As Zsz focuses on the feeling, she realizes that she never feels watched in her (now windowless and properly non-angular) bedroom. The intensity of the feeling increases when she leaves the apartment, but in a peak, however if it is from a physical watcher, they must be cautious and remaining outside of the standard 60-ft cone of detects.


The Raven:
"Not without a fight..." Standing in such a manner that it would be very easy for the Raven to knock out the slight guardsman. "We are being paid for this, you know."

Cassian:
12 gold both weeks.

Elven Bards
That should have read "one night only"...

Thekla
"True enough." A pause, "You're aren't worried about your magic giving you away?" A shrug, "I suppose it isn't likely that his guards can detect magic..."

She follows, her own slight form blending with the shadows. At both of the street entrances there is a guard, not as alert as he could be, but attentive. While Cassian is certain he could sneak past the guard the entrance has no cover, requiring a diversion or some type of concealment.

Operation: Monkey Freedom
She smiles, "I can pick up some alchemist's fire... sneak them in with transmutation effect and then drop them..." She shakes her head, "Not fire, might set the boat on fire... Just need something that does a flash-bang... Noise and fury with little long term effects."

A confident nod, "One of the guys in the work group is an alchemist, I can ask him to make me something." Curiosity clear on her features, "So where is Rygel going to lead the prisoners?"

Desnus 9/Apartment
Calseinica smiles, "What you are comfortable in, Cassian. I just thought Tarvi would have fun dressing up." Cali's brown eyes find Cassian's blue ones, she bites her lip gently, a soft blush. Obviously at least partially ashamed of her blantent means to butter up Cassian's sister. A shrug, "And I thought the dress would accent the black that you wore to the mayor's party..."

Tarvi/Desnus 10
A brilliant smile, "I wanted to test it with something... simple. Light tends to last for a long time even without a proper matrix." She bites her lower lip, a hopeful look in her eyes, a sure sign she plans on asking Cassian for a huge favor. "I was wondering if you could loan me the money so I could try modifying an existing magical item, see if I can strengthen the enchantment?"


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

dice:

A: k.nobility: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 a1 & a3
A: k.local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

B: k.local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
B: k.religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

C: k.local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 yes

D: k.local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


female half-elf witch 15

Tarvi:
As she is kissed, Zsz's hair curls forward and caresses Tarvi's shoulders, ever so lightly.

"Well," she says quietly. "Goodnight."

The Dolls:
"There's a play opening on Desnus 10th," Zsz says to the dolls, glancing up from her morning broadsheet. "Would any of you like to go see it?"

Mysterious Mystery:
Zsz will also attempt See Invisible, but does not expect to have any better luck with it.

In the event that this is indeed the case, she will next try going somewhere isolated and waiting, to see if her follower or followers will make themselves known.

She will wait past curfew if need be, but will cast defensive spells upon herself when night is about to fall. Let me know if you need to know what these would be.

GM:
I have a few other ongoing or outstanding flex scenes, but I don't want to overwhelm you. Should I hold off on those?


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Elven Bards
Cassian will obtain tickets.

Thekla
"If they can even see me, I've already failed."

Cassian sets Rygel down. "Okay buddy, I need a distraction to turn that guard's head. Got it?"

Operation: Monkey Freedom
"He keeps telling me 'Hat Temple' which I don't think is a thing. Or it's not called that." Cassian shrugs. "He'd rather monkeys weren't eaten and I'm on his side here."

Desnus 9/Apartment
"Right, that thing. That should work." He nods. "Glad you two are getting along."

Tarvi/Desnus 10
"How much do you need?"


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava/a:
Desnus 7ish
To Amaya: "I've heard Calseinica is going to be in a play opening on the 10th. Is that something you would be interested in seeing?"


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

The Raven balls his fist and does the guard an injury.

To Hit, nonlethal: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

dice!:

A, K: Nobility, DC 15 or 20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

B, K: Religion, DC 20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

C take 10

D, K: Local, DC 20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

Week one, Profession Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Week two, Profession Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Delvehaven

He slides over to look more closely at the bite marks, now easily within touching distance. "It still looks painful," he says carefully. "Is there anything that I can get you for those?"

Ambush Apartment

The God of Combat wrote:
I think the first two miss, Gravlax can deflect (and throw the third) and the fourth manages to tag him in the forehead.

I think so as well.

Gravlax returns the third pebble, 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 most likely bouncing it off her forehead.

"Neat trick," he says.

The Old Apartment

Gravlax holds her tightly as she holds him, until all movement and sound have stilled except breathing -- whole, broken, syncopated. He sighs as deeply as he can, pleased. His arms still holding her even as his legs start to wobble.

Paperwork

Gravlax will gather what detail he can about the cache of tomes and artifacts for presenting at the next General Meeting, whenever that may be.

Arael

At least one day over this period, Gravlax visits the safehouse in order to give Arael his Day About The Town.

Ashes, ashes, everywhere

The Raven will be distributing ashes (and lilies of the valley) over this period. Gravlax takes the signet ring, uncertain of what do with it (or, for that matter, those final ashes). If you will give me the family's name, I will put the ring on the character sheets.

The smell of roasted lamb

Gravlax is twinged by nostalgia, and brings roast lamb to dinner at least three times over this period.


Zsz:
Tarvi
The slender girl starts at the soft touch but she doesn't pull back. A smile and then she stands free. Turns to unlock the apartment door. Stops turns back around with a softness in her sapphire eyes. "Be careful getting home, Zsz. I'd really hate for you to get hurt because you used your magic saving me."

With that she disappears into the building, a quiet quick move that proves her genetic relationship with her more quicksilver brother.

The Dolls
The three dolls present (there are nearly always three, occasionally four, since they feel that someone should be on job at the Delvehaven) turn to discuss. Then Molly Missy turns, "What kind of playing? Are there swings involved?"

Mysterious Mystery
Can you give me an idea of Zsz's normal life patterns - or if this observation has changed it - then her current pattern, please?

Bring on the flex scenes... worse that will happen is I'll scream uncle. :)


Cassian:
Elven Bards
With his experience in less than legitimate means to acquire things, Cassian does so. Being an outdoor concert the money is mostly to get the dottari to look the other way about the 'unauthorized' gathering, so only cost a few silver.

Thekla
Rygel considers the situation with a unnatural seriousness. Finally he bolts across the open street to the far side of the door. Then he, in all his uber-monkey sneakiness, moves along the wood of the building, blend in better than many of the shadows. When he makes it to the opening holding the guard he climbs the wall, his tail reaching out and very carefully pulling a pretty jeweled dagger from the guard. Rygel Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

As the monkey slips away, unseen with his prize, he stops and looks back at the guard with a look of disappointed annoyance. With a monkey sigh, Rygel moves so that the guard should be able to see him. Does a little monkey dance, the knife quite visible. Rygel Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Having gotten the guard's attention, the monkey bolts for the shadows, the guards start after the tiny creature giving Cassian the opening he needed.

Operation: Monkey Freedom
Tarvi looks at Rygel, then back at her brother, "'Hat Temple'?"

Then she shrugs, "The vast majority of the time, I'm on Rygel's side. I should be able to get the flash bangs in a day or so." Then, for no noticeable reason Tarvi hugs Cassian, "He's a lucky little guy to have you, Cass."

Desnus 9/Apartment
Both of the woman smile over at Cassian, although Tarvi's has just a tad of little sister impertence in it. Calseinica turns back to Tarvi, "I think that is the best of them for you." A nod of agreement from Tarvi as she steps off the stool and heads to her room to change back into more standard clothing.

Calseinica looks over her shoulder at Cassian, then in a rush, "Yes, I'm totally bribing your sister to like me..."

Tarvi/Desnus 10
Tarvi's eyes move to look at his nose. Her voice too casual, "Oh, just six thousand gold..." Just the slightest of pauses, then in a rush which Cassian can only make out from long years of Tarvi requests. "Andyourbelt."

Her eyes shoot back up to his, "Even if I'm wrong and I completely screw up... I shouldn't hurt the original enchantment on the belt."


Azhar:
Desnus 7ish
Amaya looks up at Azhar from slightly lowered lids, her vivid eyes still quite clearly visible. "Ruddigore is a bit... to comedic... for my tastes." She then looks at him fully, her hair falling back from her face as her head tilts up, "But I would very much like to go with you."

Gargoyle Search
During the little free time Azhar has, he nature-y sense have pulled him again and again to the ruins of Rego Cader as a prime nesting area for a gargoyle. After many such journeys - finding just enough evidence to keep him going - Azhar finds the fresh mark of stone-hard skin against stone. And, ahead, the rustle of violent struggle.

Delvehaven
Although the dolls find him every time he comes into the Delvehaven, they stick by their promise that the do not venture upstairs. However, Azhar does sense the pressure of something viewing him up their at times.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Thekla
Cassian sneaks in.

Operation: Monkey Freedom
"I don't know about that. I think he could probably do better... if he'd only stop throwing poop at things. Get your things together, but remember, no risks. This should be easy as long as we play things smart."

Desnus 9/Apartment
"Is it working at least?" Cassian asks, taking a load off. "Tarvi's a soft touch anyway. She likes everyone... well, almost everyone. She tends to think my girlfriends aren't good enough for me, when it's actually the opposite."

Cassian grins. "Although I'm beginning to think I'll be judging one of her girlfriends soon."

Tarvi/Desnus 10
Cassian sighs theatrically, watching Tarvi closely and making her sweat a little. Then, he hands over the belt and the cash. "Don't be wrong," he says with a smirk.


female half-elf witch 15

Tarvi:
chavamana wrote:
With that she disappears into the building, a quiet quick move that proves her genetic relationship with her more quicksilver brother.

Zsz walks home, a number of emotions present but probably not showing on her face.

The Dolls:
chavamana wrote:
The three dolls present (there are nearly always three, occasionally four, since they feel that someone should be on job at the Delvehaven) turn to discuss. Then Molly Missy turns, "What kind of playing? Are there swings involved?"

"It's a performance," Zsz explains. "People act out a story for an audience. It's fun."

Mysterious Mystery:
chavamana wrote:
Can you give me an idea of Zsz's normal life patterns - or if this observation has changed it - then her current pattern, please?

Zsz doesn't have much of a regular pattern. At present, any given day is normally divided up among tinkering with witchy things and/or attending the Design Group, playing with the Dolls and showing them around town, meeting with various people to chat and say hello or do things, and solo wandering. The observations would not have significantly changed anything until the point where she decided to go to an isolated area and basically wait to see what would happen.

Fiosa:
Zsz will meet Fiosa on the appointed shopping day.

"So, where are we going?" she asks.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava:

Desnus 7ish
Amaya wrote:
Amaya looks up at Azhar from slightly lowered lids, her vivid eyes still quite clearly visible. "Ruddigore is a bit... to comedic... for my tastes." She then looks at him fully, her hair falling back from her face as her head tilts up, "But I would very much like to go with you."

Azhar is surprised. Surprised, but also clearly pleased. "I...if there is something else you would rather do, or see, I would likely be open to it." he stumbles, not being able to tear himself away from gaze. "You really have the most beautiful eyes, you know that?" his hand comes up to her cheek, "and face" thumb slides across her jaw, "Your skin, flawless." his lips come down almost meeting hers, close enough to feel her breath "Your lips. I long for."

sense motive: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 4 = 24 he holds until he senses that her yearning is there as well before he allows himself to close the gap between them. "...& I with you." he murmurs.

Gargoyle Search

Chava wrote:
During the little free time Azhar has, he nature-y sense have pulled him again and again to the ruins of Rego Cader as a prime nesting area for a gargoyle. After many such journeys - finding just enough evidence to keep him going - Azhar finds the fresh mark of stone-hard skin against stone. And, ahead, the rustle of violent struggle.

Azhar moves forward, swiftly and silently as he can manage.

stealth: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 4 = 19

Delvehaven

Chava wrote:
Although the dolls find him every time he comes into the Delvehaven, they stick by their promise that the do not venture upstairs. However, Azhar does sense the pressure of something viewing him up their at times.

Azhar looks to see if the unseen entity leaves any sign behind.

tracking: 1d20 + 12 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 4 + 4 = 24


female half-elf witch 15

Teahouse:
"Well," Zsz says, setting her cup down. "I fear I must take a moment to powder my nose. Amaya, is the ladies' room nearby?"

Roll:
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Teahouse/Amaya, Teahouse/Tarvi, or Teahouse/Sense Motive 19:
This is an offer to Amaya to dish about Azhar without his presence if she wishes to do so.


Cassian:
Thekla
Both he and Thekla are able to make their way into the building during the monkey madness chase. The interior proves to be nearly labyrinthine, tight corridors that lead to rooms in a odd and twisting pattern. Stairs leading up and down hidden behind panels or in floor or ceiling. From the outside the building looked to be about five stories, given the cramped conditions there may be more.

How would Cassian like to go about hunting his prey?

Operation: Monkey Freedom
Tarvi's smile doesn't fade, but she grows still then nods, serious beneath the happiness. "No risks." She looks at the sketch, points at a point that would have a good view of the gangplank, "I'll hide here to move in the pyrotechnics."

Her head cocks to the side thinking, "How long do you need the guards to be distracted?"

Desnus 9/Apartment
Calseinica sits down quite near, "Well... it's keeping her from kicking me out over housekeeping incompetence." An abashed smile, "I tried to help with washing the dishes when I got home today." her head ducks down a tad, "I owe you another plate." Cali's natural buoyant confidence creeps in, "But I think I'm getting better." A pause, "At least a little."

She looks directly at Cassian's grin, "She has a new paramour?" A pause, then slightly surprised, "Tarvi is a sapphic?"

Tarvi/Desnus 10
Tarvi's blue eyes grow wide, the arguments of why he should do this almost visible shadows. She bites her upper lip before taking a deep breath - most definitely sweating - about to launch into the all the reasons... probably at a pace three times faster than normal speech.

Instead, when he hands over the money and belt, she smacks his arm then immediately crushs him in an enthusiastic hug. "I won't be." Already more confident with his support.


The Raven:
The guard goes down... seemingly in great pain and unable to move. The Raven's Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 ???

The door - not noticebly locked - has no defender. A quick listen at the door, proves that whoever is behind it is alert and prepared.


Gravlax:
Delvehaven
She looks up at him, "You can promise me that you'll never let me eat you."

Ambush Apartment
She shrugs, then moves quickly, until she is next to him. "I think it is part of my suspicious nature... it seems easier to read the attacker than the attack."

A sweet smile, "So what else do you want to practice l... Gravlax?"

The Old Apartment
She, too, holds him tight, though as his legs start to wobble, she reluctantly drops her hips from around his waist. Not moving away, not breaking the connection, just easing his burden. Into the hollow of his neck, she whispers, "Now you just have to move the bed over to us and its been a perfect way to say good bye to his home."

Paperwork
Gravlax collects what is in the paperwork, however, he would guess there are missing details in the journals of the old 'true' pathfinders that Janiven collected from Delvehaven.

Arael
And on his opportunity to move about Westcrown, Arael heads to the slums, tending to the sick and wounded. On his return to the old temple, he smiles, at peace for the first time since Gravlax met the terse half-elf. "Thank you, my soul needed that."

Ashes, ashes, everywhere
The family name is Sansone.

The smell of roasted lamb
The odd nostalgia does pass.

Delvehaven/After-Effects
The next night after the group plumps the depths of Delvehaven, Gravlax realizes at some point, although she is lying still, Mathalen never actually fell asleep.


Zsz:
The Dolls
They consider, Mr. Straw looks a little sad at the lack of interactive fun. A quick discussion and it is decided that Molly Missy, Draggy and Fluff Gugg would be pleased to attend.

... okay - the rest tomorrow... need sleep. sorry.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Thekla
Cassian would find where the servants are dispatched from, figure out which one is the head butler, and follow him.

Operation: Monkey Freedom

Tarvi wrote:
Her head cocks to the side thinking, "How long do you need the guards to be distracted?"

Cassian gives her a reasonable estimate based on prior experience.

Desnus 9/Apartment
Cassian shrugs. "Not that I know of, but it sure looks like the new woman in our party is flirting with her. Besides, get enough liquor into a woman, and you're all sapphics."

Tarvi/Desnus 10
Cassian gives her a hug and sends her on her way.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

The Raven counts quietly to three, nods to the doctor, and opens the door.

"I have returned!" he announces loudly, posing just inside the doorframe.

Intention being that tactically any bodyguards will need to pass through the door to face him so that he's not immediately surrounded.


female half-elf witch 15

Dolls:
When the time comes to take them to the show, Zsz will attempt to give the three Dolls a general idea of theater audience etiquette - when it is appropriate to make noise and when it is not, primarily.


Azhar:
Desnus 7ish
As Azhar leans in close, Amaya's breath stops, held. Then a small shake starts in her hands, her eyes getting just a bit wider. Just as he leans in, a small start, an intake of breath, lips rising in a smile that is just for him. And then, when he pulls back, "hi"

Gargoyle Search
As Azhar moves through the heavy dry plants, he manages to move the undergrowth enough to see without causing too much rustling. In a small clearing - which may have once been a paved courtyard - Azhar sees a stony creature, claws red with blood, and a sleek cat, holding her ground despite the deep wound in her shoulder.

Delvehaven
There is no sign of the unseen entity, however he does not feel watched in any of the rooms. And, once or twice, when he goes down the long hallway, Azhar finds the water in the circular pool quivers.

Desnus 10
About an hour before closing time, Tarvi comes into the glassworks, a bag held carefully and securely under her arm. She waves at Azhar and then goes over to Amaya their conversation quiet but animated.


Cassian:
Thekla
A little snooping reveals a kitchen towards one of the outside walls. As the pair lurks in the shadows outside the kitchen, Cassian makes out a stout cook. No butler-ish person, but a number of kitchen helpers and a number of young kids who help and run errands for the rotund woman.

Operation: Monkey Freedom
She nods, "Not that long... message spell so that we can time it right. Darkvision for you?"

Tarvi bites her lower lip, "Where do you want me to wait for you?" Her blue eyes filled with worry that he may get into more trouble than he can handle with just Rygel to back him up.

Desnus 9/Apartment
Cali goes hot pink, stuttering, "I.. don't drink... but..." A pause, "Really?"

Tarvi/Desnus 10
With a glowing smile and practically running she goes. Pauses at the door, "You're going to love it."


Teahouse:
Tarvi looks over at Zsz, smiles slightly then turns to smile at Azhar. "So which of the unimaginably things this place serves have you enjoyed? Snails? Octopi?"

Amaya thinks for a moment then rises, "It can be a little hard to find, let me show you."


Zsz:
Mysterious Mystery
The night Zsz goes to a isolated area, she feels the heavy watch all the time. And it says, not getting any closer or farther. Then it disappears and for at least the three days after, Zsz is almost positive there is no lurking watcher.

Fiosa
She nods politely, "The first place is about a block from here. It isn't crowded this time of year since they carry mostly summer dresses and underthings." A smile, "Tends to make them quite cost competitive this time of year."

As they walk, following Fiosa's directions, the halfling naturally falls to be walking every so slightly behind Zsz. Looking around the street, it is a common theme among the halflings with taller companions.

Teahouse
And the ladies room is back down the hallway, past the main room. Amaya points out the room. She looks like she is about to say something, then stops, taking a breath.

Dolls
Molly Missy's eyes get wide, "You mean we don't get to sing along? If the music is good?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Thekla
Assuming that no "butlerish" person shows up, that would mean that this is a dead end (and highly unusual for a wealthy person), Cassian will then move to the upper floors and work his way down.

Operation: Monkey Freedom
He nods. "If you can manage it, sure. Meet up a block away." Cassian describes somewhere nearby that's reasonably safe. Somewhere he can get with a quick sprint, and concealed enough for Tarvi to hole up for five to ten minutes.

Desnus 9/Apartment
"Well, the fun ones do anyway," Cassian says breezily.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Teahouse:

Azhar's eyes follow the girls retreating backs for a time before returning to Tarvi, he smiles, "No snails or octopi that I'm aware of. Sashimi. Sushi. Mostly quick lunch things. Unlike Zsz, I do very much like mushrooms." his smile grows a little broader, glancing again in the direction the two had disappeared to. He turns back, fully focusing on Cassian's sister. "So..I heard you moved out. How are things going for you?


The Raven:
The Doctor nods back, an odd red glint in the raven's eyes.

There is a low scream, part fear mixed with a great deal of anger, from the pudgy merchant. This time he is wearing protective metal armor and in the room - outfitted with a far less comfortable bed than the one The Raven originally woke him from - are two armored and armed guards.

████████████
█○○▓▓○○○○○○█
█○○○○○S○○○▓█
G○○○○○○○○○▓█
█○○○○○○○L○○█
█▓○○○S○○○○○█
█▓○○○○○○○○○║
█○○○○○○○○○○█
████████████
▓ = cot/desk/bookshelf
G = Gravlax
S = guardsmen
L = Lefty Deodato

Guard Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Left Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

If The Raven wins initiative, the guards flat-footed AC is 22 and Lefty's is 15.
The guards have bastard swords out and are wearing full plate. Lefty is wearing a chain shirt and has a crossbow near to hand.


Cassian:
Thekla
Based on Thekla's furrowed brow, she agrees with Cassian's assessment that the lack of a male head of servants is unusual. However, while the pair is waiting, a case of bottles is delivered and the cook directs to of the larger boys to take it up to Robert's room.

Cassian and Thekla are able to shadow the pair, who take the case down the hallway to a well-hidden panel door (although Cassian was able to pick up its presence without a problem) and a tight spiral staircase that bypasses most of the floors exiting one the top floor. The boys take the heavy case to a well-stocked but shabby gentleman's room.

The pair restocks the sideboard... only occasionally stealing a little of the alchol. There are two doors exiting the gentleman's room. The small hallway on the top floor has four obvious doors and three disguised ones.

Operation: Monkey Freedom
Tarvi smiles, "Four hours." The grin turns impish, "Only sixty feet, but four hours should be more time than you need on the ship at least."

The next day she shows him the messenger bag filled with glass flasks. All the flasks carefully cushioned from the ones nearby. Tarvi points, "These are the only ones I should be using. They explode, loud, with a blinding phosphorescent flash." Then pointing to a few other ones, "And these are fire and ice, just in case."

Desnus 9/Apartment
There is a pause, "The fun ones..."

Calseinica looks down at her hands, her shoulders dropping just a tad. Then her back straightens, her shoulders firm back up, and she looks at him with a smile. "I guess that since I'm not one of the fun ones, that you find my beauty enticing."


Azhar:
Teahouse
Tarvi looks in the direction the pair left. Then, in a quiet undertone, "I like mushrooms too, but I'm willing to forgo when I'm out with a friend who finds them undesirable."

She grins at the second question, "Much better. I still hear about how I'm following Cass's path and ruining the Merro family with my actions... but I get to get away with it." A happy shrug, "Plus Cass has always supported me more than either of our parents."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Thekla
Cassian waits for the boys to leave, and will begin checking doors, starting with the secret ones.

Operation: Monkey Freedom
Cassian nods. "Looks like we're ready to go."

Desnus 9/Apartment
"As you point out, you don't drink. So we have no idea if you're one of the fun ones or not." Cassian grins. "But yes, I find your beauty very enticing, which will explain some of the things I plan to do to you this evening."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava/a:

Desnus 7ish
Amaya wrote:
As Azhar leans in close, Amaya's breath stops, held. Then a small shake starts in her hands, her eyes getting just a bit wider. Just as he leans in, a small start, an intake of breath, lips rising in a smile that is just for him. And then, when he pulls back, "hi"

His smile soft, he looks longingly into her eyes. "Hi yourself" he murmurs back to her. "So. Rudigore? or have you thought of something you'd be more interested in?"

Gargoyle Search

Chava wrote:
As Azhar moves through the heavy dry plants, he manages to move the undergrowth enough to see without causing too much rustling. In a small clearing - which may have once been a paved courtyard - Azhar sees a stony creature, claws red with blood, and a sleek cat, holding her ground despite the deep wound in her shoulder.

Azhar admires the cats tenacity, still willing to fight despite its grievous wound. how far away is he from the gargoyle?

Delvehaven

Chava wrote:
There is no sign of the unseen entity, however he does not feel watched in any of the rooms. And, once or twice, when he goes down the long hallway, Azhar finds the water in the circular pool quivers.

He approaches the pool, getting quite close. "I do not speak Aquan." he says in common, "do you speak Celestial? or Draconic?" he says in each language as appropriate.

Desnus 10

Chava wrote:
About an hour before closing time, Tarvi comes into the glassworks, a bag held carefully and securely under her arm. She waves at Azhar and then goes over to Amaya their conversation quiet but animated.

Azhar pauses, smiles and waves back, then continues working on whatever project he is currently finishing up on, but does not try not to hear. take 10 for 33

Chava/t:

Teahouse
Tarvi wrote:
Tarvi looks in the direction the pair left. Then, in a quiet undertone, "I like mushrooms too, but I'm willing to forgo when I'm out with a friend who finds them undesirable."

Azhar smiles, "of course. that shows you are a good and considerate person." he sips his tea, iridescent blue eyes regarding her over it's rim.

Tarvi wrote:

She grins at the second question, "Much better. I still hear about how I'm following Cass's path and ruining the Merro family with my actions... but I get to get away with it." A happy shrug, "Plus Cass has always supported me more than either of our parents."

"I believe in you." he says, leaning back slightly, "You've learned a lot about yourself, Tarvi." He's apparently decided not to mention something else that crossed his mind.


GM:
Cassian Scroll of Miracle: 1d100 ⇒ 85, worried devils: 1d100 ⇒ 18
Desnus 21-27

Spring reasserts itself, fighting back against the signs of summer with heavy showers. The stones that pave the streets of Westcrown shift slightly under foot unsteady in the waterlogged ground.

The final showers of the season do their job on the Wiscrani gardens, encouraging lagging blooms and giving the vegetables and fruits of the rooftop gardens a solid start on the year.

On the 21st of Desnus, Janiven get messages out through her normal channels. The meeting isn't anything special, just a check-in from Ailyn with your reward for looking into the fates of the century old missing Pathfinders.

Cassian:
By this point, Cassian would have gotten his upgraded belt. There is more metal worked into the design and a number of midnight blue stones have been woven into the design. And it does, indeed, work as advertised.

Unless something happens that means that the crafty pair is unable to get to it - Tarvi will be able to make Rygel's bracers (or amulet if you change your mind) on the 23rd and Rygel will have the magic on the 24th.


Zsz:
On the 23rd Zsz's upgraded headband would be available. The metal of the headband has been carved and inlaid with a black stone that almost blends with the color of the metal.

A) K:nobility DC 15 or K:local DC 25:
The Mhartis family, one of the familys allied with the Arvanxi family (the family the mayor belongs to), has needed to hire an oddly high number of servants over the past month. Why they are finding their hires so unacceptable is not known, but is a major change from the families previous habits.
A) K:nobility DC 20 or K:local DC 30:
The reason that the Mhartis have needed so many new servants and guards is because many of their hires have gone missing. A few quitting after just a day or so of work, other just... disappearing.
A) K:nobility DC 25 or K:local DC 35:
The head of the Mhartis family believes that the house or, worse, the family has been cursed. He has contacted the church of Asmodeus to see if a priest can lift the plague.

However, the family is very quietly offering a reward of the family's heirloom weapon and 2,000 gp for anyone that can hunt down the cause of the family's woes.


B)K:religion/nobility DC 25 or K:local DC 30:
The family Cemaine with the support of their patron Julistarc has petitioned the church for a means to bring their first-born son back to life. All of his younger brothers have died in the past decade and bringing him back would no longer negate another claim to the family fortune.

C) K:local DC 20:
A ship that docked on Desnus 20 was raided by a team of well trained rogues. Among the items stolen were a dozen Mwangi monkeys. A reward of 500 gold is being offered for the return of the goods or 800 gold if the thieves are provided along with the stolen goods.
C) K:local DC 25:
The rumors continue that it wasn't so much a team as just a talented pair.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

dice:
A)DC30 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31, Rygel assist 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
A)DC 35 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26, Rygel assist 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

B)DC30 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23, Rygel assist 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

dice:

A) k.nobility: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
skill sage: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

C) k.local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Azhar:
Desnus 7ish
A soft smile, her head ducking slightly although her eyes continue to watch his. "Ruddigore with you should be fun." Her smile grows a bit wider, "'sides you should support your former cast mate, shouldn't you?"

Gargoyle Search
The cat hisses ferociously, but the gargoyle continues to pace around it, observing it. Seeming to enjoy the waves of pain from the slight animal.
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○
○○○○○○○▓▓▓▓▓○○○○○○○○○○○○○○
○○○○○○▓▓▓○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○
○○○○○○○○▓▓▓○○○○○○○○○○○▓▓▓▓
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○C○○▓▓▓○○
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○▓▓▓○
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○G○○○○○○○○○○○
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○
○○○▓▓▓▓▓○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○
▓▓▓○○A▓▓▓○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○
○○▓▓▓○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○
▓ = brush or debris (difficult terrain)
G = gargoyle
C = cat
A = Azhar

Delvehaven
The pool of water shutters, almost seeming to try to draw away from him. Should Azhar continue to stand there the water of the pool coalesces into a humanoid shape. Azhar finds himself looking at a perfect replica of his own features.

The eyes, however are far more frantic than his ever have been.

Desnus 10
The conversation seems to revolve around Tarvi finally getting the funds together for 'THE PROJECT' and seeing if Amaya can get half-days off of work to help.

Teahouse
One of Tarvi's eyebrows rises, a damn fine imitation of Cassian. "I've got you fooled."

Tarvi Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
There is a sharp look in the blue eyes, but she isn't sure enough in what she saw to question Azhar. "So have you been treating my friend well?"


Cassian:
Thekla

Operation: Monkey Freedom
On the late afternoon of Desnus 20, Cassian is able to scout out the exterior of the ship. As he suspected most of the sailors are on leave, however the ship looks very well maintained. Additionally, from eavesdropping on the leaving sailors, Cassian finds out that the ship's first mate plans on being one of the men on watch - guaranteeing that the men will not be lax in their duties. (If there is any other information Cassian would be trying to get, please let me know.)

A little bit later, after the dock has grown a bit quiet, the siblings sneak into place. Tarvi casts a the sight spell on Cassian, then looks to the boat. "Any last minute advice Cass?"

Assuming the diversion works, the ropes that lead into the second deck down are about 6" wide, are wet, are at a steep slope and slightly unsteady. The Acrobatics DC would be 24 or (if Cassian wants to move full speed) 29. Cassian can take-10, which is damn impressive.

Desnus 9/Apartment
Cali's returning smile is full of a pleased mischievousness. "I very much like..." A flash of worry in her soft brown eyes, "Maybe if you make me cry out less than...," A deep blush, "If I ruin my voice on opening night, I won't make enough for my share of the downpayment for the space Millech found."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

Delvehaven

He looks at her, meets her gaze. "I promise that I would fight you if you tried to eat me. Is that enough? Or do I need to go farther?"

Ambush Apartment

Mathalen wrote:
A sweet smile, "So what else do you want to practice l... Gravlax?"

He grins back. "I was going to save that question for a bit later. I thought you might still have some aggression to work out. The rooftop is a glorious place to expend anger, because Westcrown will take all the anger you have, and she won't judge you for it."

The Old Apartment

He half-moans, half-chuckles. "If I could get the bed to come to me, I wouldn't need to shuffle paper to make money."

"Shall we?" he winks at her and starts to slowly dance them toward the bed -- a wobbly graceless dance, but aimed squarely at the bed.

Paperwork

Gravlax goes hunting for Janiven so that he can cross-reference to her journals and compare notes.

This should give you a reason to bring it up at the next large meeting, if you like.

Arael

"I will come by as I can," Gravlax says, tipping his hat. "It's important to keep our cleric's soul in good working condition."

Delvehaven/After-Effects

He rolls so that he is facing her. "Can't sleep? Is something on your mind?"

Desnus 21-27 die rolls

A, K. Nobility: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

B, K. Religion/Nobility: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

C, K. Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"I have the emancipation paperwork with me," The Raven says. "If you sign it, Lefty, you may yet live."

And I guess the attacks wait to see what Lefty and Guards do.

Here is my roll to return any projectile that might come The Raven's way:

Throw Everything: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

And a reminder for myself when The Raven acts, Guards are AC 22, Lefty is AC 15


female half-elf witch 15

Dolls:
Zsz nods. "It's because the performers will have practiced very hard and want a chance to show everyone how well they can sing. After the show, we can sings any of the songs we particularly liked, as much as we want. It's like taking turns."

Amaya:
Zsz cocks her head slightly. "Is something the matter?"

Fiosa:
Unless Zsz thinks it would make Fiosa uncomfortable (take 10 on Sense Motive for 20), Zsz appears not to notice the usual practice (take 10 on Bluff for 26) and casually drops back to make talking with Fiosa easier.

"I'm quite looking forward to this," Zsz remarks. "I've never worn underwear before."

Tarvi:
"This is beautiful," Zsz says quietly when Tarvi gives her the headband back. "I ..."

Zsz, very unusually for her, appears to be at a loss for words.


female half-elf witch 15
chavamana wrote:
On the 21st of Desnus, Janiven get messages out through her normal channels. The meeting isn't anything special, just a check-in from Ailyn with your reward for looking into the fates of the century old missing Pathfinders.

"Incidentally," Zsz comments when the Pathfinder business is completed, "Has anyone else recently been followed and observed, or just me?"


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Incidentally," Zsz comments when the Pathfinder business is completed, "Has anyone else recently been followed and observed, or just me?"

"I've got a shae watching my apartment nightly," Cassian says. "Was planning to go kill her at some point."

GM:
Thekla
Nothing yet.

Operation: Monkey Freedom
"Stay alert, trust no one, keep your blade... er, magic... handy."

With that, Cassian takes 10 on the Acrobatics to invade the ship.

Desnus 9/Apartment
"Excellent point. We won't do anything to jeopardize your voice tonight." He grins. "I'm sure I can think of something you can do that will leave your voice quite safe."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Chava:

Desnus 7ish
chavamana wrote:
A soft smile, her head ducking slightly although her eyes continue to watch his. "Ruddigore with you should be fun." Her smile grows a bit wider, "'sides you should support your former cast mate, shouldn't you?"

He blinks once, slowly, just continuing to draw the vision of her in. His smile, down into her upturned face, is purely, completely for her. "It is the reason Ruddigore caught my attention, but you are the one that would make me happy to be there with." a moment passes, then his brow furrows, "Wait. Did I say that correctly? Does that even make sense?"[b]

Gargoyle Search
Gargoyle Search
The cat hisses ferociously, but the gargoyle continues to pace around it, observing it. Seeming to enjoy the waves of pain from the slight animal.
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○
○○○○○○○▓▓▓▓▓○○○○○○○○○○○○○○
○○○○○○▓▓▓○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○
○○○○○○○○▓▓▓○○○○○○○○○○○▓▓▓▓
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○C○○▓▓▓○○
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○▓▓▓○
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○G○○○○○○○○○○○
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○
○○○▓▓▓▓▓○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○
▓▓▓○○A▓▓▓○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○
○○▓▓▓○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○
▓ = brush or debris (difficult terrain)
G = gargoyle
C = cat
A = Azhar

Azhar's eyes narrow. He does not hesitate, his lucerne hammer readied as he charges through the brush (Woodland Stride) with ease to reach (barely, I think, with a single move) the stone skinned tormenter.

to hit: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 15 - 3 + 2 = 19 power attack, charge
damage: 1d12 + 9 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 9 = 29

Wild Empathy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 he tries to give off as cat friendly vibes as possible, but his primary focus, his attention remains on the gargoyle. He snarls his non-verbal challenge at it.

Delvehaven

Chava wrote:

The pool of water shutters, almost seeming to try to draw away from him. Should Azhar continue to stand there the water of the pool coalesces into a humanoid shape. Azhar finds himself looking at a perfect replica of his own features.

The eyes, however are far more frantic than his ever have been.

[b]"Hello." he asks calmly, reaching out his empty hand towards the fluid version of himself, "What's wrong?", but understanding this could be a dangerous proposition.

Desnus 10

Chava wrote:
The conversation seems to revolve around Tarvi finally getting the funds together for 'THE PROJECT' and seeing if Amaya can get half-days off of work to help.

Finding a good stopping point, Azhar rinses his hands, walks up to the two girls, reaching out to take one of Amaya's hands with a smile. He then turns to Tarvi. "Hi Tarv, good to see you here. Anything we..." he catches himself, "um, I mean I can help the two of you with? ...or should I make myself scarce." he ends with the hint of an impish smile.

Teahouse

Tarvi wrote:
One of Tarvi's eyebrows rises, a damn fine imitation of Cassian. "I've got you fooled."

Azhar smirks, "Your brother, I could believe that of. You?" he shakes his head, his smile turning more genuine, "Sorry, Tarv, I still think you care more for others than perhaps you let on."

Tarvi wrote:

Tarvi Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

There is a sharp look in the blue eyes, but she isn't sure enough in what she saw to question Azhar. "So have you been treating my friend well?"

Azhar laughs, "that was good. You looked just like him." then turns serious. "I hope so." then contemplative, "that is the one piece of advice I remember your brother giving me that seemed to make sense. If I am interested in a relationship with someone, it is not proper to focus on others. I disagree that it is improper to say things that make others feel good, as long as it's true of course. Like, you always know how to dress to accent your features and you are looking fabulous today, as always, but I have been trying to show her how much I care about her...at least to the extent of what I understand about her upbringing and her culture." he pauses, "Why? Is there something you've noticed that I could be doing better?"

He looks her up and down, "What about you? I know things have changed quite a bit in your life, and congratulations again on finding your magic, and your own way with your family, but well, if I may be blunt, you are young and very attractive, and if I wasn't interested in Amaya, I would very much have been pursuing you for good or ill as you might feel that to be, but have you found anyone special you're at least thinking about now?"


female half-elf witch 15
Cassian Merro wrote:
"I've got a shae watching my apartment nightly," Cassian says. "Was planning to go kill her at some point."

"Could be the same, or could be different. Is she always there, or does she take time off when she could have been following me?"

5,151 to 5,200 of 9,364 << first < prev | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shadows Turn - Chavamana's CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.