Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shadows over Westcrown

Game Master chavamana


5,001 to 5,050 of 9,364 << first < prev | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | next > last >>

female half-elf witch 15

Azhar, Amaya, Tarvi:
Teahouse

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar's eyes twinkle, matching the smile that reforms on his lips, "No, Zsz, I didn't think you would. I was just astonished that there was anyplace that humans would consider that normal behavior." he shakes his head ruefully, "I thought I'd traveled a bit, but I guess obviously not nearly enough yet."

"I'm afraid I can't really recommend my home as a tourist destination, lovely as it may be."

"What's your family like, then?"

Azhar and Gravlax:
Gargoyle Hunt

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Except for tonight, of course." Azhar says dryly, keeping an equally straight face.

"Really, Azhar," Zsz chides. "Can't a group of heavily armed people innocently rent a boat shortly before curfew and take it to the slums without you getting all suspicious of their intentions?"


Zsz:
Tarvi
Zsz wrote:
Zsz grins back. "Can't have hurt. The improvement in your mood when you moved in with your brother was noticeable."

She shrugs, "Amazing how being told that you're doing everything wrong and 'don't you know what your father and I sacrificed for you' will tend to darken your mood." A pause, a long one. "Cass and I have always seemed to understand each other better than our parents did." A half smile, a hint of shame, old mostly buried, "And they focused on everything he did wrong when he was home, so I was never ready for the focus of their attention when he left home."

Zsz wrote:

Zsz settles herself down and begins sorting out the food. "Well, you will no doubt be shocked to learn that I am not actually the worst bard in the world," Zsz says.

A slight pause. "There is at least one other option which grants access to arcane healing spells. In this case, it was taken by a young adolescent who learned that her family was planning a career path for her that would drop her life expectancy down to about a month. Such a girl might be so desperate as to break into the family library and read certain vile texts that enabled her to make contact with an ancient and unsavory entity, and strike a bargain with it."

"Since a lot of people are ... uncomfortable around those who gain power that way, even if the bargain made requires no unconscionable actions, such a girl might find what she had done becoming one of several somewhat burdensome secrets she was eventually required to carry."

"However, on the occasion of inviting someone she rather likes on a potentially dangerous date, she might decide to prepare one spell she isn't supposed to be able to know. For a number of reasons."

The food is simple: cheese, bread, preserved meat. Some fruit. Cold mineral water sealed with wax.

Tarvi listens then is quiet as Zsz finishes. Still thinking she takes the bread, rips off an end. Finally, she asks, "What kind of ancient and unsavory entity did you find?" Far more curious than horrified.

.
Vitti and Eromolos
"Ah." Vitti says, heading to the door of the bedroom. "You've been warned. He is like a puppy, feed him once and you'll never be rid of him."

Eromolos grunts a little as the 'gunk' is poured into piles that steam in the early morning chill. Then he pushes the empty wheelbarrow out, nodding to Zsz as he goes.


Azhar and Zsz:
A quiet knock on the door, when it is opened the kimono-wearing woman brings in pot of tea. With a smile Amaya makes an order in the musical tones. Then she waits, listening for Azhar's answer as she pours a light, fragrant green tea for the group.


female half-elf witch 15

Tarvi:
chavamana wrote:
She shrugs, "Amazing how being told that you're doing everything wrong and 'don't you know what your father and I sacrificed for you' will tend to darken your mood." A pause, a long one. "Cass and I have always seemed to understand each other better than our parents did." A half smile, a hint of shame, old mostly buried, "And they focused on everything he did wrong when he was home, so I was never ready for the focus of their attention when he left home."

"Parents," Zsz says with obvious sympathy. "You'd think they'd have enough to do living their own lives without trying to live their children's lives for them as well."

chavamana wrote:
Tarvi listens then is quiet as Zsz finishes. Still thinking she takes the bread, rips off an end. Finally, she asks, "What kind of ancient and unsavory entity did you find?" Far more curious than horrified.

"Her name is Nocticula," Zsz says. "She was extremely beautiful - or at least, chose to be so when she appeared to me - and is extremely dangerous. I thought it far more likely that she would kill me than help me, but saw no other options open to me. For whatever reason of her own, she chose to help me, and asked little of me in return."

"She is ... associated with things that happen in the darkness. I sometimes wonder if it is no coincidence that I am here in Westcrown, doing what I am doing. The situation here doesn't have the hallmarks of her involvement, and I imagine she can't like the intrusion into her domain. What she did might make more sense if she thought that I could be useful to her."

Vitti and Eromolos:
chavamana wrote:

"Ah." Vitti says, heading to the door of the bedroom. "You've been warned. He is like a puppy, feed him once and you'll never be rid of him."

Eromolos grunts a little as the 'gunk' is poured into piles that steam in the early morning chill. Then he pushes the empty wheelbarrow out, nodding to Zsz as he goes.

Zsz begins cooking an extremely large and varied breakfast.

Untrained craft roll to cook: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


female half-elf witch 15

Round 8 addendum:
Forgot I was dazzled. Subtract 1 from roll where appropriate.


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Vamposeur wrote:
The maze man dodges his blow, then looks with derision at Gravlax. "What part of 'You bore me' did you not understand?

"The part where you think that's my problem."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

"I think she tried," The Raven says. "But I passed out before anything happened." An odd combination of proud and perplexed in his voice.

"Did anything interesting happen while you were waiting for me?"

The Raven surveys the household. Looking primarily for signs of guards, lines of sight, things like that.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

His plan is to place alchemist's fire in front of every door of the main house so that opening any door in anything but a cautious matter will shatter the flask. Then he intends to sneak into the slave quarters and see what's there.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2


A Z H A R,
: S
: Z
:

Actually, I think Mathalen is with us, but Amaya isn't.

Gravlax clucks his tongue in agreement with Zsz. "Some people are just overly suspicious."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

GM:

Ambush Apartment

His tone is light.

Bluff roll to keep her from figuring out how much work is going into keeping his tone light.: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"I know you don't plan for the future. I'm just thinking maybe you should start. You can be trained in something else. But maybe you have never asked yourself that question. Mathalen, if you could do anything you wanted with your days, what would that be? What do you want?"

His body is very still as he asks the question. His breathing is shallow, but controlled. He sighs, and makes sure her eyes are on his when he continues. "It's a hard question if you've never asked it before. But promise me you'll think about it?"

The Old Apartment

To the desk. His step is certain and measured, even as his breathing is not. When he reaches the desk, he holds her just above it for a few beats, holding her until they come up for air.

He sets her on the edge. Her legs would be dangling if they were not wrapped around him.

He ducks his lips under her chin, and kisses her neck, down the side, to the clavicle. Working his way down -- as far as he can with her embrace so tight.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

GM:
Lothario
"Not really worth thinking about. They need to understand what happens when they hurt one of ours." He smiles. "Let's head home."

Calseinica
Cassian takes her hand. "Come on," he says, taking her into the bedroom.

The Head
He nods. "Let me know if you see anything else. Eventually I'm going to have to kill her."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Zsz,Amaya,Tarvi:
Teahouse

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

"I'm afraid I can't really recommend my home as a tourist destination, lovely as it may be."

"What's your family like, then?"

Azhar's smile softens temporarily as his thoughts return to home. "As dysfunctional as any, I would say." his eyes come back to Zsz, "Well, um, make that 'as most' anyway." he adds, his grin turning a little impish before becoming more serious again, "Well, I think you know that Rev and I are half brothers. My Dad was involved with a lady who is really not very nice. She left Rev on Mom and Dad's doorstep mostly I think to try to cause them problems." he shrugs. "Dad's always been very...balanced. Not quite sure why I didn't learn more from him." he glances sideways at Amaya, "I think you'd like him, though." he pauses, sorting through jumbled thoughts, "Mom's...well, my Mom's simply wonderful. Come to think of it, I don't think she's changed at all for as long as I've known her...well, physically at least. Never thought about it before, but I guess she really is beautiful." he shrugs, his gaze finds Amaya's again, visibly softening "her eyes are even almost as beautiful as yours." he leans towards Amaya and gives her a kiss, eyes locked on hers for a long moment, "she also had the most amazing voice...I guess that's where I found my interest in singing."

He turns back to Zsz as another thought comes to him, "So, Zsz, where you were raised in uh, in Jina Mwisho?" he tries not to butcher the strange name too badly, "are all siblings out to kill or maim each other or was that just your family?"

Chava wrote:
A quiet knock on the door, when it is opened the kimono-wearing woman brings in pot of tea. With a smile Amaya makes an order in the musical tones. Then she waits, listening for Azhar's answer as she pours a light, fragrant green tea for the group.

"Thank you, 'maya."

bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Zsz/Amaya/Tarvi & sense motive dc3:

Azhar wanted to nuzzle Amaya's neck, but apparently barely restrained himself.

Zsz, Gravlax, Mathalen:
Gargoyle Hunt
Zsz wrote:
"Really, Azhar," Zsz chides. "Can't a group of heavily armed people innocently rent a boat shortly before curfew and take it to the slums without you getting all suspicious of their intentions?"

Azhar merely snorts lightly with a little shake of his head and continues to row for a while, then looks up and adds, "I don't know, what do you think?" his eyes scan the darkness around them again, find their way to Mathalen and Gravalax as well. A slight smile, not really asking for a response, but including them.

Gravlax wrote:
Gravlax clucks his tongue in agreement with Zsz. "Some people are just overly suspicious."

thank you

Azhar shrugs, "Guilty as charged." he says, before adding, "though this time I think it would be warranted, no?"


female half-elf witch 15

Azhar, Amaya, Tarvi:
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
He turns back to Zsz as another thought comes to him, "So, Zsz, where you were raised in uh, in Jina Mwisho?" he tries not to butcher the strange name too badly, "are all siblings out to kill or maim each other or was that just your family?"

"Oh, mine was probably worse than most," Zsz acknowledges. "Nobility. More to prove, more to gain, more to lose. At least I never stood to inherit anything, that would have been a real nightmare."

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Thank you, 'maya."

"Yes, thank you. What kind of tea is this, by the way? It's lovely."

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

Tarvi OR Teahouse and Sense Motive DC 26:
Complex secret message to Tarvi:

If you promise never to compliment me by saying that I remind you of your mother, I will promise the same.


female half-elf witch 15

Azhar, Gravlax, Mathalen:
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar shrugs, "Guilty as charged." he says, before adding, "though this time I think it would be warranted, no?"

"Oh, we're probably just some local fisherman, out for a pleasure cruise, at night, in will-o'-wisp infested waters ... Anything else would be inconceivable."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2

Round Eight:

Gravlax is down 21 hp. 1 Str. Has two negative levels (so down another 10hp from that).

Gravlax continues to attack Vashian two-handed with his dueling sword. "You're no more listening to me than I am to you," he says.

First: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 31

First Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10 plus if relevant: 1d6 ⇒ 2 precision

Second: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 12

Second Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9 plus if relevant: 1d6 ⇒ 4 precision

Confirm Critical from First Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 21
Potential Critical Additional Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Zsz,Amaya,Tarvi:
Teahouse
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Oh, mine was probably worse than most," Zsz acknowledges. "Nobility. More to prove, more to gain, more to lose. At least I never stood to inherit anything, that would have been a real nightmare."

"Nobility?" Azhar flashes an impish smile, "No dreams of being the long lost last descendant of the royal line after all the others have been mysteriously slain and they need you to ride in and save the country? or would that be more of a nightmare?" His eyes flick over to Tarvi as well, with Amaya in the corner of his eye.

dice:

sense motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Zsz, Gravlax, Mathalen:
Gargoyle Hunt
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Oh, we're probably just some local fisherman, out for a pleasure cruise, at night, in will-o'-wisp infested waters ... Anything else would be inconceivable."

Azhar looks a bit confused, "I know I am not the best student, but based on my understanding of the word, I do not think it means what you think it means."


female half-elf witch 15

Azhar, Amaya, Tarvi:
"Well, first, if something actually manages to kill my entire family, I am going to cast antidetection spells on myself until I no longer even have a reflection and pray that whatever it was never ever finds me. Second, since I'm not fullblooded, there are any number of random street beggars who technically stand to inherit before I do, no matter who my great-grandmother was. And third, if by some bizarre and preposterous circumstance I did somehow become the House Matriarch, I had better have already learned to cast spells of at least the 8th circle first, or I don't give heavy odds on my chances of surviving more than a few minutes. So ... I'm going to say that such a fantasy does not loom large among my daydreams, no."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Zsz,Amaya,Tarvi:
Teahouse
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
I'm going to say that such a fantasy does not loom large among my daydreams, no."

"I can see why." Azhar says, "Anything you'd like to accomplish back home? Or just think it would be best to stay away as much as possible?"


female half-elf witch 15

Azhar, Amaya, Tarvi:
Teahouse

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"I can see why." Azhar says, "Anything you'd like to accomplish back home? Or just think it would be best to stay away as much as possible?"

Zsz takes a sip of her drink.

"Life is better," she replies. "With non-fungal tea in it."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Delvehaven:Sunlight Corridor - Round 8

Azhar moves up and attacks. His single blow tearing hard into undead flesh.

Amaya moves into the room, wand at the ready, just in case.

Cassian steps to the side to flank the vampire and begins to slice pieces off him, as though butchering an undead steak. "Keep talking, dead man," the rogue growls.

"Aww, damn." Is the response from the dead man as he turns to mist. A black and white, tattooed mist. "And you would have been tasty."

Ahzar is down 15 hp and 2 negative levels. Cassian is down 19 hit points. Rygel is down 10 hit points. Gravlax is down 23 hit points and 4 negative levels. Zsz is fown 6 hit points.

Amaya is down 26 hit points. Fiosa is down 16 hit points. Janiven is down 17 hit points. Mathalen is down 30 hit points.

The room the group finds themselves in has three large stone sarcophagi standing on the floor of this mausoleum. The carvings on the coffin lids are crude, vaguely depicting faceless humanoids with arms crossed over their chests. Wooden lockers hang on the south wall, behind the stone coffins. A tangle of bones lies scattered throughout the room, while a small stack of ribs and femurs that bear intricate scrimshaws sit on the lid of the central sarcophagus.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Cassian hands Mathalen a cure moderate wounds potion. "Sorry about that," he says.


female half-elf witch 15

Zsz lands and casts False Life on herself. 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

"It won't tell me, but if someone of a more ... benevolent disposition wants to try talking to the Morrowfall, I suspect he might have a method of destroying the Deadies more permanently than we have managed. The spell it threw at me when I was trying to pick it up would have worked, for example."

She offers the Morrowfall to any good-aligned comrade who wants to give it a shot.


Mathalen takes it with a nod, downing the potion. 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 6) + 3 = 17 "Thanks Cassian." She shakes her head, "She was nimble as all heck and you didn't mean to overshoot, no apology needed." A smile, lights up her face a bit, "But I thank you for it."

She looks over at Gravlax, "At least he was as poor in combat as he was with his quips." Probably commenting on the tattooed deadie.

Mathalen is now only down 13 hit points.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
chavamana wrote:
Mathalen takes it with a nod, downing the potion. 2d8+3 "Thanks Cassian." She shakes her head, "She was nimble as all heck and you didn't mean to overshoot, no apology needed." A smile, lights up her face a bit, "But I thank you for it."

"She was fast, wasn't she?" Cassian looks over his shoulder to where the elf turned to mist. "Shame about her."


Mathalen nods. "She must have been remarkably good at killing... ummm... deadies... before she was turned into one."

Tarvi steps up, puts her head on her brothers shoulder, "She wanted to not be that anymore, right?" The last blow repeating itself in her mind.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
chavamana wrote:
Tarvi steps up, puts her head on her brothers shoulder, "She wanted to not be that anymore, right?" The last blow repeating itself in her mind.

"Don't worry, Tadpole. You did her a favor."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16

Zsz, Amaya, Tarvi:

Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
Zsz takes a sip of her drink."Life is better," she replies. "With non-fungal tea in it."

"Welcome to Westcrown." Azhar says. He sits back, looks at Amaya and Tarvi as well. "So we've seen some changes recently. What do you think is going right and what do you think still needs to be worked on?"


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Cassian Merro wrote:
"Don't worry, Tadpole. You did her a favor."

"You did." Azhar seconds in Tarvi's direction. "and she didn't."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:

Zsz lands and casts False Life on herself. 1d10+8

"It won't tell me, but if someone of a more ... benevolent disposition wants to try talking to the Morrowfall, I suspect he might have a method of destroying the Deadies more permanently than we have managed. The spell it threw at me when I was trying to pick it up would have worked, for example."

She offers the Morrowfall to any good-aligned comrade who wants to give it a shot.

Azhar looks at the others. "I will talk to Morrowfall if no one else wants too." he seems to find it perfectly normal to be agreeing to talk to an Uber powerful apparently sentient object.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

So... he's reacting to it like everyone else has so far? ;)


Azhar:
Assuming Azhar takes the Morrowfall he gets a sense of warmth light.

He knows he can activate the following abilities:
At Will—detect undead, disrupt undead, daze monster (DC 13)
3/day—blindness (DC 13), daylight, searing light
1/day—sunbeam (DC 20), sunburst (DC 22)

*The 3 daily uses of searing light have been used today.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
chavamana wrote:

Delvehaven:Sunlight Corridor

Amaya is down 26 hit points. Fiosa is down 16 hit points. Janiven is down 17 hit points. Mathalen is down 30 hit points.

Azhar approaches Amaya, "You are wounded. Maybe we should use up the wand I got you on yourself and the others. We can get a better one like Cassian has later."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Cassian Merro wrote:
So... he's reacting to it like everyone else has so far? ;)

apparently

To Morrowfall: "That should be most helpful. Is there anything we should know about Totemrix?"

To the others: "Morrowfall says he can do the following at will—detect undead, disrupt undead, daze monster (DC 13) and cast blindness (DC 13), daylight, and searing light 3 times per day and sunbeam (DC 20) and sunburst (DC 22) once per day. Obviously very useful. If he does not wish to be held by Zsz, who else would be a good fit for him." He looks at Gravlax, Amaya, Tarvi and Mathalen. "I of course could carry him if you think there is too much of a danger of the holder being targeted, but I question being an optimal wielder." he looks directly at Morrowfall unless that is too painful, "any thoughts?"

*The 3 daily uses of searing light have been used today.


female half-elf witch 15
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar looks at the others. "I will talk to Morrowfall if no one else wants too." he seems to find it perfectly normal to be agreeing to talk to an Uber powerful apparently sentient object.

Zsz hands it over with the slightest hint of relief.

"So ... what now? Make sure the Deadies are going to stay down, check out the rooms where we haven't been to make sure we haven't missed anything, and go home?"


Fiosa comes into the room, her blind eyes watching the transfer of the artifact with awe. "It is so blindingly bright..."

Her voice dropping a bit more, "It blocks out everything else."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"So ... what now? Make sure the Deadies are going to stay down, check out the rooms where we haven't been to make sure we haven't missed anything, and go home?"

"Sounds good to me."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
"Sounds good to me."

Cassian nods.


female half-elf witch 15
Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
To the others: "Morrowfall says he can do the following at will—detect undead, disrupt undead, daze monster (DC 13) and cast blindness (DC 13), daylight, and searing light 3 times per day and sunbeam (DC 20) and sunburst (DC 22) once per day. Obviously very useful. If he does not wish to be held by Zsz, who else would be a good fit for him." He looks at Gravlax, Amaya, Tarvi and Mathalen. "I of course could carry him if you think there is too much of a danger of the holder being targeted, but I question being an optimal wielder." he looks directly at Morrowfall unless that is too painful, "any thoughts?"

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30

"Both Sunbeam and Sunburst stand a good chance of destroying them totally. I would suggest we use them to take advantage of the information Vanwhynne gave us."

"As for who should carry him in the long term ... from a purely practical standpoint, I'd suggest that possibly it should be someone who is aligned to good, who isn't a front-line fighter and will therefore get the most use out of it, and who has enough stamina to withstand a couple of rounds of being targeted for having it. Of all of us, I actually think Amaya may be the only one who combines all three of those characteristics."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
chavamana wrote:


Gravlax is down 23 hit points and 4 negative levels.

And one temporary Str.

Gravlax takes out a potion, and downs it.

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 1) + 3 = 10

And another.

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 6) + 3 = 10

Gravlax is down 3 hit points, and 1 temporary Str. And has four negative levels.

"Ugh," he says. "That was rough."

He looks around at the assembled others. "Anyone else need one?" He might be looking directly at Mathalen as he asks the question to the room at large.


female half-elf witch 15

Zsz, or more to the point her hair, will attempt to start opening the coffins.


female half-elf witch 15
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:


"Ugh," he says. "That was rough."

"Could have gone a lot worse," Zsz comments. "I don't think they'd been that way very long, considering their tactics."


Male Human Mobile Fighter 14 Acrobat 2
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Could have gone a lot worse," Zsz comments. "I don't think they'd been that way very long, considering their tactics."

"...and what tactics would you use if you were...." Gravlax shakes his head. "No. Tell me later. After they're all dead for sure."


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1
Gravlax d'Antonio wrote:
"...and what tactics would you use if you were...." Gravlax shakes his head. "No. Tell me later. After they're all dead for sure."

"Vashian getting dug in with you was the worst thing he could have done. Whenever we can get the bad guys targeting you and Azhar and staying away from me, Buzz, and especially Amaya, we're winning. So, you know, good job."

Cassian leans against a stone wall. "They should have ganged up on us three, one by one. Separated us if possible. The mind control probably shouldn't have been attempted on our mage. I'm probably the best one to steal, when it comes to it."

He shrugs. "Just one guy's opinion."


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
"Of all of us, I actually think Amaya may be the only one who combines all three of those characteristics."

"If we are in concurrence?" Azhar looks around at the others, then reverses Morowfall as if the eagle head were a blade and places the haft over his forearm in Amaya's direction. "'maya? Would you like to get to know him now?"


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Cassian Merro wrote:

"Vashian getting dug in with you was the worst thing he could have done. Whenever we can get the bad guys targeting you and Azhar and staying away from me, Buzz, and especially Amaya, we're winning. So, you know, good job."

Cassian leans against a stone wall. "They should have ganged up on us three, one by one. Separated us if possible. The mind control probably shouldn't have been attempted on our mage. I'm probably the best one to steal, when it comes to it."

He shrugs. "Just one guy's opinion."

Azhar doesn't say anything, but he does give a short nod of agreement.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
Zszdiirajss Maeettndar wrote:
Zsz, or more to the point her hair, will attempt to start opening the coffins.

Azhar helps.


Male Aasimar Ranger Skirmisher 16
chavamana wrote:

Fiosa comes into the room, her blind eyes watching the transfer of the artifact with awe. "It is so blindingly bright..."

Her voice dropping a bit more, "It blocks out everything else."

"So, I know you've mentioned it before, but...you see objects aura's?"


Zsz (or Zsz's hair - depending on how much of a separate being it is) is able to push aside the lids of the sarcophagi. The Morrowfall, in Azhar's hands, seems quite pleased to turn the undead bodies to ash. On the bottom of each of the sarcophagi is a thick layer of moist soil.

Delvehaven - Scroll Chamber
Across the hallway, the room from which Vanwhynne exited, you find a room lined with shelves, most badly scorched. The scrolls and books that once rested here now just old ash.

Delvehaven - Chamber of Treaties
At the other end, the shadow man's room, the room is filled with glass cases. Each case containing a different expanse of parchment covered with stylized writing and elaborate wax seals.

Looking through the room, you find a expanse collection of historical documents. Most are just minor treaties between noble houses, merchant guilds and the like, but there are five which could be worth money to a collector.

  • The declaration of Haliad I designating Sargava as colony of Cheliax in 4138 AR.
    Appraise/Linguistics DC 25:
    The text is accurate, but this is not the original—the Haliad seal is a copy.

  • A letter from Count Andachi conscripting the mercenary general Kazavon to drive the Belkzen orcs from Ustalav in 4042 ar
    Appraise/Linguistics DC 30:
    A genuine original.

  • Signed by Setsuna Kuga, the Perfect Swordswoman, this treaty documents Minkai’s declaration of war against the Teikoku Shogunate in 3616 ar
    Appraise/Linguistics DC 25:
    The detailed calligraphy is authentic.

  • A letter from Shadowcount Thenris IV of Nidal commissioning the Red Mantis to assassinate the dragon Menkare of Hermea in 4577 AR.
    Appraise/Linguistics DC 15:
    The letter is a forgery, an unsuccessful attempt to incite a conflict.

  • A peace treaty signed in 2133 ar between Taldor’s Seventh army of Exploration and 11 tribes of Isgeri Kellids.
    Appraise/Linguistics DC 20:
    The text is original, but someone has added an additional section further limiting the native’s entitlements; the insert was placed there 2–3 years after the original signature ink had settled.

Delvehaven - Amber Arca
And at the end of the hallway from which Zsz snatched the Morrowfall, you find broad stairs lead up to a circular chamber in which several treasures rest on sculpted podiums and stone shelves. None of the various treasures are as impressive as the brilliant golden relic.

All of the other treasures are identified by a brass nameplate.

There is a the a beautiful mithral dueling sword. 'Whisperlash - the dueling sword of Baron Augstine II, the Cold Veteran of Oppara.'

A well-preserved, five-fingered, long-nailed mummy's hand. 'Hand of Pharaog of Nagas, Osirion.

An exquiste chess set. 'Chess set gifted from Taldor to Cheliax in 4315 AR.'

And, in a now empty spot. 'The Morrowfall.'

This concludes the basement level of the Delvehaven. Please see OOC board.


Male Human Rogue 15/Shadowcaster 1

Appraise DC 25 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Rygel assist 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Appraise DC 25 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Rygel assist 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Appraise DC 15 (Take 10 for 18)
Appraise DC 20 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Rygel assist 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Cassian indicates the declaration of Haliad I designating Sargava as colony of Cheliax in 4138 AR. "This is a copy. The seal gives it away."

"And this," he points to the letter from Shadowcount Thenris IV of Nidal commissioning the Red Mantis to assassinate the dragon Menkare of Hermea in 4577 AR, "is a forgery. No idea on the others."


female half-elf witch 15

Zsz will cast Detect Secret Doors and maintain it for the rest of the exploration of Delvehaven, barring further combat.

(She will also resume her story to the dolls when the opportunity presents itself.)


female half-elf witch 15
Cassian Merro wrote:

"Vashian getting dug in with you was the worst thing he could have done. Whenever we can get the bad guys targeting you and Azhar and staying away from me, Buzz, and especially Amaya, we're winning. So, you know, good job."

Cassian leans against a stone wall. "They should have ganged up on us three, one by one. Separated us if possible. The mind control probably shouldn't have been attempted on our mage. I'm probably the best one to steal, when it comes to it."

He shrugs. "Just one guy's opinion."

Azhar Mithra Amin wrote:
Azhar doesn't say anything, but he does give a short nod of agreement.

"Yes, exactly. They let us play to our strengths instead of trying to take advantage of our weaknesses."

Appraise to Assist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Cassian should be able to get the DC 20 one now, too, if he likes.

5,001 to 5,050 of 9,364 << first < prev | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Shadows Turn - Chavamana's CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.