Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows of the Past (Inactive)

Game Master sunshadow21

A Rise of the Runelords Game

Updated Combat Map


351 to 400 of 1,257 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Severus makes his way to the private dining room of the Rusty Dragon. He arches an eyebrow at the full display that the prepared dinner affords.

"It seems we are to be wined and dined." He mutters quietly to himself, then makes for a seat somewhere along the middle on a side.


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Alright, Thandion, if you wish, I'll carry this longsword for you, although by the time you decide you need it, it may be too late. Have you considered just having it peacebound to its scabbard? That would make it unable to be drawn at first impulse, but would keep it at hand in case you truly did need it. Avian takes the longsword and slings the scabbard around his back, if Thandion decides merely lashing the sword to its scabbard is still too much of a temptation. And if we're to be fighting giants, you definitely will need it. I doubt a giant would even register a blow from a sap. Avian mimes a poke in the arm with his foreclaw.
If it is agreeable to the others, I'd like to start training as soon as possible. I will speak to the sheriff tomorrow to see if he has grounds we can use and the men he wants trained up.

Impressed by the dining room, Avian removes his hood, as none of the present company are disturbed by his feathered head--well, at least they haven't shown it if they are. Besides Pavro, but it seems more like a joke to him than actual distaste.

Amadeus makes to run into the room, but seeing the class and expense of it all, Avian orders him to wait by the door after giving him a bone for his supper.


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Gm:
Thandion stands uncomfortably for a moment then goes to leave and pauses at the door "Thank you" and then leaves.

Thandion hands the sword over "Thank you Avian, I would prefer to not have it on me but I should get enough warning to get should a giant comes over the horizon" and follows Avian into the dinning room.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

"If you're discussing arms and armor, you had best keep me out of the conversation. I had learned some time ago that I was not suited for such weighty measures. So far, my hand crossbow has served me well."


As you all pass through the common room on the way to your private dinner, Aldern Foxglove stops each of you and asks if you would care to join him on a boar hunt tomorrow morning; he would pay a mount and tack if you do not already have one.


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

"That's mighty kind of you, Master Foxglove, and very generous. I can't say I'd be much of a help in a hunt, but I'll gladly join you. I've got a fine bow, but she's not much good on horseback. Should I purchase a spear? I'm afraid I haven't done any hunting of big game."


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro grins,

"I've always thought I cut rather a dashing figure on horseback, I'll join you gladly. I suspect Aressa will be more use in actual hunting than me, but I'll cheer you physical types on. Now when you say morning, you mean that unfortunate time period before noon right? Not too early I hope?"

After finishing exchanging pleasantries and making arrangements for the hunt with Aldern Pavro heads through to the room Ameiko has set aside for them and makes for the head of the table. He leans upon the back of the chair and looks to the assembled group,

"My friends, I think we can all guess why Marcoul has asked us here tonight. We work well together, our strengths compliment one another, and we make a great team. It is our differences which lend us strength, and variety is the spice of life, but we need to take steps to assure that we can operate as a whole and not shatter into bickering fragments under pressure.

[b]I propose that we make a compact, one which we can all live with, without it chaffing at us. Something as simple as, "I promise to protect, respect, and split profits equally with, my companions, and consult on any decision involving the group." I'd like to continue working with you all, and I think with something as simple as that we can make something great - or at least with the potential to be great.

And speaking of decisions, if we are to formalize our little group we should have a name! Something grand, how about The Giant Bane Society? Or the Sandpoint Auxiliary Shields, S.A.S, if you want something less blood thirsty?"

Heh, cheesy suggestion I know, but being able to call ourselves the SAS would be pretty cool :) To me at least.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

"You speak to my own desires as well, though I would rather have a contract. The details of which even Marcoul should be able to hold to. His master is, after all, quite familiar with them."

Severus reaches for a goblet of wine and sips cordially.

"Being a native of Magnimar, though, I object to anything Sandpointian in title. I also would not join such a group to further your (or anyone's for that matter) political ambitions. Something more direct would be appropriate."

He tries a forkful of the roast pheasant, chews succinctly, and swallows before continuing.

"I would regard us more as a Free Company. Perhaps a Company more devoted to knowledge and freedom than to any bloodletting, though bloodletting might be required, as necessary. This goblin attack has me concerned, as does the possibilities of a Giant attack. So we might pursue a task of surveillance, and though we have not been chartered by any government, act primarily as a taskforce."


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Avian considers the noble's offer to join the boar hunt. Sounds fun enough. I'd love to get out of the city for awhile, and I don't want to call on the sheriff about the giant training too early anyway. My people have a proverb: blessing your neighbor early in the morning will be counted as a curse. Well, if I'm going to be out for half a day or more on horseback, is there anyone you know of who would be willing to look after my dog? He's well-behaved enough, but I fear he may tear up my room if I leave him there alone for hours. He's not used to being kept indoors. I would gladly pay them for their trouble. Amadeus sits up straight and dignified, as though confirming Avian's words about his behavior, but cannot help but wag his tail a little a little.

Avian considers Severus's words as he eats a buttered roll. Compact or contract, I do not know which would be best, but I am agreed that best for us to draw up a charter for the expectations of the members of the group, so that we all know what we are getting into. And I quite agree about the name, Severus. I only arrived at this city days ago for the first time. No offense to you Pavro, but I'd rather not name the group after a city I just met. The Giant Bane Society has merit, Avian glowers for a moment, as though savoring the disgust of the word "giant" in his mouth, then returns his face to a neutral expression, though I'm not sure we should set ourselves up for quite so narrow an aim. Perhaps Avian nods to Aressa, The Society of the Sphinx's Riddle? Has a good aura of mystery about it, doesn't it? Sphinxes are creatures which are both fierce and cunning, which I believe all of us are. And I suspect that we will be talked about as the group that runs around with a sphinx anyway.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Severus shakes his head as he also reaches for a roll and butters it.

"The Giant Bane Society is too... generic. After all, I do not wish to pose a threat against peaceful giants, only those wishing to cause harm to Sandpoint or Magnimar. If peaceful relations can be built with neutral parties of giants, then such a title would be... unfortunate."


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

"Thank you for offering Mister Foxglove, assuming there aren't any more attacks on Sandpoint I would happily join you. I won't need a mount as Estol will be wanting to stretch her legs but I fear I might be a little late as I will need to shop in the morning for a weapon appropriate for boar hunting." Thandion replies politely and then proceeds into the room.

After listening to Pavro "I open to the possibility of formalising our working together." If for no other reason than keep an eye on the priest. "I agree we can do more together than apart, and if these giants that Avian speak of are coming then we need to do much."

Thandion pauses for a moment looking down at the his hands and then continues, his voice now a monotone, all emotion removed. "However there are issues we need to address before we agree to this. I intend to capture alive any person or creature that has wronged and can reasonably put on trial, which certainly includes goblins and anything else with a language. Don't get me wrong I am not love of goblins any more than any of you, but I do respect the law and believe that people have the right to face those that have wronged them and see the justice that befalls on them. In addition in my experience it much easier to get information out of a captive than a corpse. Don't misunderstand me when I say this, your right to defend yourself against a threat is paramount and I will not think worse of anyone who kills one of these people or creatures in defence of themselves or others. Now I don't need you to have my love for the law but I will need your word to respect it and know I will not knowingly break it and that you acknowledge that any captives we take or surrender to us will be taken to the appropriate authorities alive."

Turning to Marcoul "And one last thing, thank you for adjusting your sermon in the fight earlier. You may be correct that I have issues with my anger but trust me when I say Sandpoint and myself has seen enough un-natural anger for a life time. Even now several years later returning here I can still feel the anger in the air, it is not natural and neither is the anger you induce with your words. So I ask you please be careful with the inspirational words from your God or you may not have a town left to preach to."


You can keep Amadeus under the watchful eye of the kitchen staff of the Rusty Dragon; they don't mind.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro nods and rubs his chin between thumb and forefinger thoughtfully,

"Hmmm, okay, no Sandpoint in the name, fair enough. I think Thandion's issue is the bigger worry though, while I'd normally be fine with letting folks do there own thing it seems like it would be wildly impractical to capture every intelligent creature we can if we are out in the wilds. I just don't see how an adventuring party could function like that. Perhaps we could speak with Sheriff Hemlock about getting ourselves deputized so we could legally make such judgments in the field?

"As to the name Sphinx might be a little much for Aressa's ego. Perhaps we could use Swallowtail? We met because of the festival, and our first battle together happened during it. Mmmm, Swallowtail Shields, sounds a bit wishy washy, we need something with more umph. How about just The Shields? Simple and with connotations of protection. Not that we need something immediately, but The Shields thwarted a goblin raid rolls of the tongue better than, that group with the birdman, that wastrel Deverin, etc."


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

"Impractical I agree, but not everything in this is about what is easier. Yes I can foresee times where it might be impossible to take prisoner's without endangering someone's life but I suspect those are rare. Belor might deputize us, once we have proven ourselves to him but that still wouldn't give us the right be judge and executioner. I'm sorry but this is important and we can't be a 'shield' to innocent without boundaries otherwise we risk what we stand for."

GM:
Just checking that a deputy wouldn't have the right to judge and execute prisoners.

"As for a name, I suspect we already have one, but doesn't mean we can't have another and 'The Shields' works, or more more simply 'Shield'."


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro frowns,

"So if we are out in the wilderness and knock out a goblin you are going to insist upon returning to Sandpoint to put it on trial?"


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

"No, but it should be enough to disarm and incapacitate the creature, without resorting to needless bloodshed. Goblins are a cowardly lot when they have no force to reckon with."

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Prior to dinner with Lord Foxglove

Just as Marcoul finishes having his letters sent off, he turns only to run into the young lord that he had assisted during the goblin raid. Thank you Lord Foxglove, I would be happy to take you up on your offer of hunting, if for no other reason than to spend some time in the company of another lord. Politly bowing Marcoul spends several moments in idle chatter so as to not appear rude before he takes his leave. I'll have to find out what his proper title is, "Lord" has a poor ring to it when dealing with a merchant prince

During dinner

Marcoul quietly listens to the viewpoints and concern from his acquaintances, giving each a chance to discuss their view points before speaking. I'm glad you all accepted my offer of dinner and discourse. Smiling warmly he looks each of his guests in the eye before continuing. I will be the first to admit that I do not know much about each of you, but I think it is reasonable to assume that we each care about this town. And furthermore that we all have some obligations or responsibility that we are beholden too. Some are internal while others are external, but none the less they exist. Taking a sip of wine Marcoul gestures with his other hand towards Thandion. For example Thandion, you have made it quite clear that you have a internal creed that prohibits killing. And you Pavro. Marcoul then gestures towards the young scion. You have a strong and steadfast tie to Sandpoint. Friends, what my point is that while each of us have strong viewpoints on a plethora of issues, there will be ideological clashes.

Sipping his wine for a moment Marcoul pauses and takes a deep breath. If we are going to agree to work together I believe a contract is in order. I must be extremely clear on this point. Thandion I cannot, and will not promise to spare each and every life that threatens us. This issue is no different than a bone-saw who has to remove a gangrenous leg to save the man. You cannot save the man and keep the leg. And please do not mistake this as being patronizing, but you are being idealistic. Pursing his mouth Marcoul takes a deep breath. I have adjusted my sermons at your request, a request that I felt was fair and reasonable. But I tell you now with all respect, I will not allow myself to be yoked into an agreement that may do more damage than good in the future.

Pouring himself another goblet of wine Marcoul then turns back to Pavro. My second concern follows along the same lines as the first Master Deverin. During our altercation at the farmhouse you spoke for the group, and it was implied that you had the invested right to do so. I cannot allow another in this group to speak for me in my stead. Not in legal matters, or in any other issues. I will respect each of your opinions, but in the end I will not give another the wherewithal to make agreements without my acknowledgement.

Finishing his goblet of wine, Marcoul looks to each of his guests as if challenging him to disagree with these points. As for the name of the group, If you are all concerned about it, then at the minimum it should not tie the group to any particular region or organization.


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

"No, Pavro, not as a rule, if we were already returning to Sandpoint and not in a huge rush then sure why not. But if our business in the wilderness wasn't finished then either tying it over the back of a horse or leaving tied up to be collected later would be fine. Or as Severus says depending on its crime releasing a disarmed goblin isn't a problem." Thandion replies.

Turning to Marcoul "I am not against killing per say, just against killing when it is not necessary. I am not asking you and would never ask you to spare a creature that is actively threatening you or anyone else, however killing a creature that is unarmed or unconscious and not threatening anyone seems far to close to murder to me. I don't require you to swear to it or yoke yourself to anything merely be aware that it is issue and may cause any dissolving of any agreement made tonight."


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Severus thinks carefully.

"I believe that this can be resolved with an attempt clause. That we, as combatant adventurers will attempt to respect all life forms, especially the intelligent races of Golarion, including preventing needless deaths. However, as with the world, when there is a life-threatening situation, resolution of that matter in the quickest and safest manner would be reasonable and expected. In other words, that we should attempt to not kill unarmed civilians, surrendering combatants, or parleying enemies, but that we have the rights to defend ourselves and perhaps our property, the community, and the community's property, and may take violent action necessary in such events, even unto the assailant's death if required."


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Vors nods. "That's usually how battles go, at least among civilized folk. I don't know that you can count goblins as civilized, or a lot of giants, but if they're not smart enough to run away or give up, then they'll take what's coming to them, Erastil willing."


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro waves a hand encouragingly,

"Yes I'm happy enough with Severus's suggestions. Why don't we have Marcoul knock something up? I am guessing this is your kind of thing, all lawie? Is there anything else we need to discuss?"

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Yes, that should be fine. I'll write something up and bring it around in a day or two before we have it notarized. Now, is there anything else to attend to?


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Thank you, Marcoul, for the fine dinner tonight. as Avian finishes a turkey leg. And The Shields, or Shield, seem fine as a name, if we are all agreed.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Skewering a whole turkey carcass with a claw and dragging it onto the floor, Aressa asks,

"Is he allowed to eat turkey? Isn't that cannibalism."

Pavro gives Avian an apologetic glance, and replies,

"'Ress that's rude its not cannibalism, it would be like us eating monkeys - that would probably be alright? Though I don't really fancy it. I like the plural myself. I'm one of the Shields, trips off the tongue better than I'm a member of Shield, to me at least."


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Wait, you humans don't usually eat monkey? I thought even with your feeble human eyes you could see that monkeys are not human? Avian asks perplexedly.

I was hoping you'd pick up on that Pavro ^_^


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

It's not Shield. Its SHIELD: Strategic Hazard Intervention, Exploration and Logistics Division.

"I try not to eat monkey. I have a strange feeling we are actually related."


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

I did know, it was meant to homage rather direct plagerism, at least only a little.

"Nothing wrong with monkeys, but they have to be prepared correctly. I think my concerns have been addressed thank you."


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro claps his hands together,

"Right then I'm off to find some girls, and some wine. See you all tomorrow morning for the hunt? I'll ask Ameiko to give me a wake up knock."


As you are parting ways in the common room, you see a couple of men talking with Ameiko, who has a very worried look on her face; they part ways after a brief time, and Ameiko disappears into the kitchen, still wearing a very concerned look. Sensing trouble, you inquire discreetly amongst the serving girls, and while they are hesitant to give details, they are willing to tell you that the men worked for her father at the Glassworks, which for some reason he shut down a few days before the festival, and now is being hedgy about when it is going to reopen.

Aside from that minor debate, the rest of the evening is quiet; most of the visiting crowd has gone home, and the area farmers have returned to their farms, leaving the core local crowd mostly to themselves until the next surge of visitors once more gave them something to talk about. Next morning comes soon enough, and while still too early for Pavro to be overly thrilled, you are able to get a good night's sleep before saddling up, acquiring appropriate hunting weapons, and riding out to the Tickwood, a long, narrow forest nearby on the northern base of Devil's Platter known for it's boar hunting potential and a popular spot amongst the local well to do for that sport. It promises to be a decent morning, though it looks as though clouds might roll in later in the day. Aldern is capable enough to not get in the way, but it becomes very clear very quickly that he is no hunter himself, but rather out here to enjoy the aura of the hunt, relax, and converse, which he starts before you are even completely saddled up, and any success is going to be on your shoulders.

I need three survival checks from everyone to see how well the hunt goes.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Survival (Untrained)
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Survival (Untrained)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Survival Check 1 (trained) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Survival Check 2 (trained) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Survival Check 3 (trained) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Survival Checks (untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro Survival: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Pavro Survival: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Pavro Survival: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Aressa Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Aressa Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Aressa Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 20


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

In the morning Thandion goes and buys some bolas. While he really there for the ride he would get caught up in the competetion.
Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


The hunt goes well for the most part, though you can't quite follow the tracks of a particularly large prize long enough to find a place to safely kill it. Aldern keeps talking almost the entire morning, asking questions of first one person, than another, than another, and so on, back around, focusing particularly on Marcoul, constantly asking about his experiences in Cheliax, how he came to be a priest, and so on, constantly misquoting what little he knows of the religion and being irreverent bordering on disrespectful at times. By the time you finally track down another large prize, you are all thoroughly tired of hearing his voice, and his questions are starting to get a bit too personal for you to be entirely comfortable with them. At several points, when he is out of earshot, Aressa comments to Pavro that the two of them (Pavro and Aldern) don't seem entirely dissimilar, save that Aldern doesn't have someone to keep him from going off the deep end; eventually she expands her comments to include the fact that Aldern and Marcoul aren't very much different either in some respects; the comments are not meant as compliments. You are relieved when you finally finish tracking your final prey to his home, and have the work of preparing the roughly half dozen boars you have killed to take back to town to keep him busy. Rooting around the den out of boredom, Aressa uncovers a small rotten chest with 120 gp in it as well.

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Thankful that the hunt was over, but polite enough not to say anything. Marcoul graciously thanks the young lord for his hospitality. Dark Lord below, thank you for the gift of patience. I don't think I could have taken another hour with that twit. Following the dressing of the boars Marcouls eyes widen somewhat at the discovery of a hidden chest in the boar's lair, but says nothing. Once the group arrives back at Sandpoint Marcoul makes his way to the Rusty Dragon. On the way their he will stop at whatever Sandpoint has for a general store to buy some ink and parchment before retiring for the evening. Once he is in his room Marcoul will spend several hours putting to script several blessings and intonations. Scribe Scroll x2 Bless and Infernal Healing. Finally if time permits he will begin his first draft of the before mentioned contract of partnership.

For the crafting I'll use whatever split we were able to obtain from the goblin attack as well as however the found chest was divided up


You're not quite back in Sandpoint yet; you're still in the field prepping the last of the boars. There will be plenty to keep you busy when you get back to Sandpoint, though you will still enough time for the scrolls if you stay up late.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Was there anything of interest in the wilderness that we hunted through. Statues, ruins, or the like?

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Oh alright, though we were back


Nope, have to get reactions from the hunt itself before we return to town.

There are a few statues apparently put up to honor a particularly success hunt, and remnants of shrines to this or that nature spirit, but nothing of particular interest.


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Vors helps where he can, not being a particularly skilled hunter. He'll clean hides, stack cuts of meat, dispose of innards, whatever else is required.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro soon grows bored with the hunt, and posing on a horse can only occupy so much time. He takes his share of the gold and gives it over to Ameiko dismissing Aressa on the return journey in annoyance,

"Mmmm, well maybe its not me that need someone to mind their tongue 'Ress. I thought I had an imaginary friend, not an imaginary critic. Goodbye!"

Upon their return to Sandpoint he gives his share of the gold to Ameiko to hold and storms off to bed muttering darkly.


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Though Aldern's constant questioning irked Avian (particularly the query about tengu eggs) Avian managed to have a good time on the hunt, reveling in the fresh air of the forest and its relative solitude. It was wonderful to feel back in his element rather than the social life of the city.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Although the outdoors were not foreign to him, Severus had to admit he wasn't really enjoying the hunt as much as the noble was. Still, it would have been rude not to accept the offer.


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Initially Thandion replies politely to Aldern's questioning, revealling that he had a boring childhood in a community in the Sanos forest. Then in his youth he travelled a bit to look at old ruins. When questions turn to Thandion time in Sandpoint Thandion suddenly finds something important to do in regards to the hunting.


You all are glad to be heading back to town as the nobleman seems unaware of the boredom and annoyance of his companions. Fortunately, he actually has things to worry about on the return trip with his horse laden with the plunder of the hunt, so it's not as bad as it was earlier. When you reach the gate, the guard on duty has a note for you; your presence is requested in the town hall as soon as conveniently possible. Leaving Aldern, the boars, and your loot at the Rusty Dragon, you report to the town hall, and are led to an upstairs meeting room, where you find three people waiting for you.

You all recognize Sheriff Hemlock, and he greets you all, introducing you to the elf ranger present as the "newest batch of goblin slayers." The second is Kendra Deverin, Pavro's aunt and the mayor of Sandpoint; she thanks you all for your efforts in taking care of both the goblins and her nephew, and seems a bit surprised that Aressa is not currently with you, raising her eyebrows at Pavro a bit, trying to get a gauge of what happened over the morning on the hunt. The third is a female eleven ranger type; she introduces herself as Shalelu, and she has been watching, and harassing, the local goblin tribes in the vicinity for some time now.

Shelelu speaks first. “Belor’s told me of your work against the goblins—well done. I’ve dedicated the last several years of my life to keeping them from causing too much trouble around these parts, but they’re tenacious and fecund little runts. Like weeds that bite.

There are five major goblin tribes in the region, and, traditionally, they’re pretty good at keeping each other in line with intertribal squabbles and the like. Yet from what I’ve been able to piece together, members of all five tribes were involved in the raid on Sandpoint. A fair number of the Mosswood goblins I dealt with yesterday were already pretty beat up, and there was a lot of chatter about the ‘longshanks’ who killed so many of them. Now that I’ve met you, it seems obvious from their descriptions who they were talking about. Seems like you’ve made an impression.

In any event, the fact that the five tribes are working together disturbs me. Goblin tribes don’t get along unless they’ve got something big planned, and big plans require big bosses. I’m afraid that someone’s moved in on the goblins and organized them. And judging by these recent raids, what they’re organizing seems like bad news for all of us.” As she finishes, she invites you all to dinner that evening, as she would love to have a chance to share stories and experiences.

Sheriff Hemlock then speaks up, "I have decided that things are serious enough that I need to go to Magnimar myself to secure some temporary assistance. I have asked Shalelu to keep an eye on things in the area around town, and I would like you all to keep an eye on things in town; I don't anticipate any immediate further trouble, but I cannot be entirely certain of the town's safety, and in any case, your presence will help keep the townsfolk from getting jittery. Oh, and before I forget, I have instructed the quartermaster that he is share what he can from the armory to improve your arms and armor." Kendra also hands each of you a bag with some more than a few gold coins, "On behalf of the town of Sandpoint and it's residents, I thank you, and hope you will find this money, along with what you pick up from the armory, suitable compensation for your troubles. It is good to know that there are people, even strangers, willing to step up in a time of danger, not just for this town, but for the entire coast." With the that meeting is over, and you are free for the rest of the afternoon and evening, save for a dinner with Shalelu (which do make sure I don't forget about; it'll give you some rather necessary information on the goblins in the area).

DING. You're all level 2. Between the individual gifts, rewards, loot, and such that you have all accrued from one source or another, you all have 1k of gear including at least one masterwork weapon (from some source or another; Pavro already has his) and a horse w/saddle and saddlebags. If you can all report to the discussion thread, we can cover any other details there. You can be as specific or generic with the sources of your money. I apologize if your trait hasn't seem overly useful so far, Pavro, but there just wasn't much in the way of actual loot in this section (goblins aren't really massive loot generators when far from their home base); later sections that actually involve loot will find it being used a lot more.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro, looking a trifle sulky, listens to the Sheriff and Shelelu's words nodding occasionally, before manufacturing a smile onto his face that quickly becomes genuine,

"Shalelu I for one would be delighted to dine with you, and I am sure the rest goes for the rest of my companions. I'm sure that your advice and information will be invaluable. Sheriff, we would be only too happy to help, we shall prepare for the worse while hoping for the best and be ready for whatever comes our way. Aunt Kendra that's very generous, rest assured we will do our damndest to repay your faith in us - even if its not quite in the manner you had in mind in some cases..."

He looks to his companions and claps his hands softly before speaking again in a tone notably more serious than his norm,

"I would also like to say that we are in the process of formalizing our little group. We are going to call ourselves The Shields, I hope it does not sound too pretentious, but even if it does, it will serve, as a statement of intent, and as a promise."

Knowledge Local Shelelu: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Sheriff, before you leave, I'd like to start giant slaying training for my companions and any men the town would be interested in as soon as possible. Is there anywhere I can set up training grounds?

Avian's money bag bursting, he delightedly heads to the armory in the afternoon to pay for the supplies he will need to finally fix his pistol up to masterwork quality and to purchase supplies for crafting alchemic cartridges. Finally my old pistol will be fixed up enough to go get enchanted someday! He also purchases a war-trained light horse he christens Monty and spends the rest of the time tinkering with his pistol and thinking up recruiting posters for giant slayer training.

There is one last thing, though, that makes his heart a little sad. Avian asks the staff at the Rusty Dragon if they--or some trustworthy person they know--could keep watch over Amadeus for awhile--perhaps months, depending on the mission. It pains him to have to leave him behind, having grown fond of the dog over the years, but it seems the road before them is long and Amadeus won't be able to keep up with the horses. Still, he can't help but feel optimistic that he is doing something for the common good and that Amadeus will be safe and happy with the people of the Rusty Dragon. (Avian will offer to pay for his upkeep, if need be.)


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

"I would have to agree with that particular argument, Shalelu. That is the feeling I got as well. That the goblins have been organizing, though by whom and for what purpose remains to be seen."

351 to 400 of 1,257 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadows of the Past All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.