Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shadows of the Past (Inactive)

Game Master sunshadow21

A Rise of the Runelords Game

Updated Combat Map


251 to 300 of 1,257 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Is anyone going to help aid Pavro in his diplomacy check on the old man? If so, I need a description of how and a roll.

Lesk is perfectly willing to allow you to handle this situation as he shakes his head at the old man's behavior.

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Marcoul nods in agreement at Pavro's words. Mr. Deverins words carry with them much wisdom. Also Lord Kaijitsu, speaking as noble as well, albeit of a foreign nation. It is our duty to set the standard for the peasantry to follow. Let us call for your carriage. I'll see that a bottle of wine is ready for you in the cab, to tide you over until you reach your manse.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Just wanted to be clear, that was not an Aid Another.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Back from funeral duties.

Severus remains silent as he observers the proceedings. He knows he is not skilled in manipulations of words, just manipulations of logic and knowledge.

He spoons a mouthful of broth as he watches the exchange carefully.

Sense Motive
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Sorry for the delay I'm back now
Thandion watches as Pavro deals with Kaijitsu with a grace he couldn't manage and moves up next to Lesk. While he is talking to Lask it is clear that his words are meant for Lonjiku "You know Lesk, for a man of Mr Deverin's reputation he has a surprising number of friends like you and me who are prepared to stick up for him when it comes to a tough situation."

Diplomacy (aid another): 1d20 ⇒ 20


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Not able to make heads or tails of Lonjiku's actions, Avian decides to help Pavro's attempt to pacify the old man.

Master Deverin, myself, and these gentlemen Avian waves a claw in the direction of Marcoul, Severus, and Thandion, are the heroes who fought off many goblins last night. In addition to escorting you home and listening to the story of Sandpoint's founding, I'm sure any of us would tell you the story of how we killed the goblins, though perhaps no one could tell it as excitingly as Pavro could.

Diplomacy (Aid Another) 1d20 ⇒ 11


Lonjiku grumbles a bit in a foreign tongue under his breath before straightening up and replying, "I can find my own way home, thank you very much; I am not so enfeebled that I cannot walk myself or so feeble minded that I have forgotten the way. I am not the doddering fool you whippersnappers think I am; I still am quite capable of handling myself just fine, thank you, and I will not be pushed around." With that, he turns and heads out into the street.

Perception or Sense Motive 12:
As he spoke, it was almost as if he was responding to someone or something else as much as he was responding to your party.

Lesk just shakes his head, nods at your group in thanks, and goes back to the business of running his bar.

Cheliax

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Hrm, it seems there is more going on within the Kaijitsu household than has been previously reported.


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Perception check (untrained):1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Vors gives a frown, looking around the place to see if anyone else is paying more than casual attention to the incident (other than the PCs and Lesk).


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Perception Pavro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Perception Aressa: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

"Wonder what that was about, some people just cannot handle their drink I suppose. Still lets not let him spoil our fun, I say we drink until we cannot walk and then see if we can't do something about our ability to sit," Pavro says cheerfully.


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Perception Check 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Avian stares at the door where the man left for a few seconds even after he'd left, not sure what he was expecting, but then shrugs and sits back in his chair to continue his meal.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Severus swiftly finishes the beef and broth he was eating and stood to approach the others.

"I would keep a wary eye on that one, if I had the ability."


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

"He's just eccentric, because he's rich, he'd be crazy otherwise. You can't let him ruin your night, we can talk to Ameiko about it when we get back to the Rusty Dragon, but until then it would be rude not to enjoy ourselves!" Pavro says heading back to the wine.

"By that definition, he's the worlds politest man," Aressa injects, rolling her eyes as she follows in the young summoner's wake.


When you return to the Dragon and tell Ameiko what happened, she just sighs, "Bitter, foolish old man can't let go of his pride and a past that has run it's course. I'm willing to bet he wasn't really sick during the festival, but rather that he just didn't want to deal with that much optimism for the future. He'd be dead by now if he wasn't so stubborn that he is unwilling to yield even to time; at this point, he has no other reason to still be living." She clearly is not quite sure how to handle the family situation. Next morning comes without any more interruptions and you all find yourselves once more gathered in the common room when a frantic woman comes barging in asking someone, anyone for help.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Severus stands to address the frantic woman.

"What is the problem, madam? I cannot guarantee help, but I will see what can be done."


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

On the way back from back from dinner
Thandion slap Pavro on the back. "Well done lad, I don't think your youth has been as wasted as people say, you have way with words that make me envious."

Back at the dragon
What does she expect of us? Does she want us to kill him? What's with all this hatred, he is your father...

Turning to Marcoul "Do you mind if we have a quiet word?" Thandion moves way, assuming Marcoul follows. "Reverend, I'm not sure if you were informed about Sandpoint before you arrived so will give you the benefit of the doubt. However this town has seen enough anger and hatred for the next 1000 years."
Thandion pauses and steps foward getting into Marcoul face. "If you encourage people to hatred and anger I will make sure my anger is directed straight towards you, and believe me that neither of us want to see me angry." Thandion continues to stare at Marcoul weighing up his response.


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Vors will move up beside Severus, waiting to hear what the woman has to say.

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

At the Dragon
Blinking in surprise, Marcoul gives a heavy sigh before he diplomatically addresses the elf. Mister Thandion. Marcoul begins. I am afraid that you misunderstand what I preach. You are correct that I am unfamiliar with the history of Sandpoint, and I would be happy if you told it to me at a later time. That said, when I preach of Anger and Hatred, I want you to understand that these are not emotions to be afraid of but to embrace. The emotions themselves are no more evil then a woodsman axe is evil. Yet both can do great harm, or tremendous good if applied in an appropriate measure. Take for example anger. There is such a thing as Constructive Anger, this is the feeling that you might experience in a situation such as the festival. People were at peace enjoying themselves and celebrating a momentous occasion. Should the townsfolk not have been angry to have been attacked? Was that not natural? And when the down was threatened by the beasts, and people and animals were hurt, was it not right to feel a sense of hatred, that they would ruin such a peaceful event?

With a clear calm tone that carries across the rest of the dragon Marcoul finishes. I encouraged the townsfolk to embrace only what was natural, to fight for their homes and their families. By your reasoning they should have resigned themselves to their fate. No, I cannot accept that. I will be the first to admit I do not know you Elf, but I have seen the way the Sherriff looks at you, and how you shunned the use of a sword. There is much anger in you. For what reason, I do not know, but what is important is how you use that anger. Control it and it will empower you. Let it control you however, and it will be your ruin. Diplomatically, Marcoul takes a step back and looking into the eyes of the Elf smiles. Come, it seems there's someone in need of help. We can both agree that is the most important thing right now, yes?

Stepping up to the woman, Marcoul puts on a face of sincere concern. Ma'am, how can I be of service?


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Thandion watchs Marcoul retreat back to the other conversation but holds his tongue, not only because opening his mouth would prove him right but also because the priest genuinly seemed to think they could help the Kaijitsu family. The argument could wait anyway, and he deserves the benefit of the doubt if he thought he was helping with his 'natural' anger.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)
Thandion wrote:
Thandion slap Pavro on the back. "Well done lad, I don't think your youth has been as wasted as people say, you have way with words that make me envious."

Pavro grins at Thandion and stage whispers, "Don't go spreading that around Thandion, I've worked hard to cultivate a reputation as a vain, work shy philanderer. Believe me its got its advantages."

Then he winks, before heading up to bed.

The next morning after summoning Aressa he emerges with his usual cheer, and wolfs down a bowl of porridge. When the obviously terrified woman enters he frowns trying to place her,

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Avian, eager to help, but unwilling to crowd the woman, waits for the woman to speak to his friends rather than bombard her with yet another offer of aid.


Pavro recognizes the woman as Amele Barett; she and her husband own one of the larger farms just outside town. You also notice a small lad trailing behind her a bit. The woman looks at you as you approach, and it takes a minute to calm her down, but you are able to get her story fairly quickly. "There's a goblin holed up under our house. I don't know how it got there, but they've been there ever since the festival. At first, we didn't believe our son when he said they were in his closet. This morning though, as my husband was about to take him out back and give him a good thrashing for continuing to make up stories, one popped it's head out of a hole in the lad's closet. I told my husband not to do anything rash before I could get help, but I don't know how long he'll be able to restrain himself and our dog, Petal. If you could help, please hurry; I love my husband, but he's not the type to be a successful adventurer, even if his heart is in the right place when he tries to defend the farm on his own." With that, the tearful woman collapses as Ameiko and one of the serving girls brings her and the lad something to eat, giving all of you a look that makes it clear that she expects you to act, and sooner rather than later.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

"Aha, more goblinoid pests. I am sure these able-bodied compatriots will be able to assist you. If I might ask, madam, do you know why the goblins are under your house? Is there something there that they are interested in?"

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Of course my dear woman. Marcoul nod's in response. We shall set out immediately, just give me a moment to retrieve my things. Pavro, you know the way to their farm? Excellent. Striding up the stairs Marcoul retrieves his gear. In a few moments he is cradling a crossbow in his arms, and wearing a blacken steel chain shirt. He carries a light mace at his side with a black cloak and silver inverted pentagram to complete his ensemble. Before he steps out of the inn he quietly approaches the mother and her child, kneeling down next to the boy. Before I leave, I wanted to check on you and the boy. Neither of you were hurt by the goblin? Assuming the answer is no Marcoul rises. Right then, let's go take care of the beast. Striding out of the Inn with a measure of calm assurance, Marcoul quietly asks Thandion. They were clearly frightened and angry. It is even possible that the boy will grow up to be hateful of goblins. So is that wrong? Sliding away Marcoul says no more, giving the elf time to consider his words.


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Vors shakes his head, grabbing up his bow and swordbelt.

"Now's not the time for 'whys,' Severus. There's people that need help. They likely don't know why the goblins are there. They just want them gone. You can sort it out later."

He turns his head to his sister.

"Evie, hold the fort. I'll be back."


The mother was frightened and terrified. The boy seemed to be torn between wanting to pick up a sword himself like his father did and his mother's reaction. Anger really wasn't visible in either of them, at least as a primary emotion.

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Bah!


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Ma'am, you said there was one goblin, but then you kept saying "they" were holed up and such. How many goblins are there in your house? Avian asks concernedly.

Avian saddles up Amadeus, who was laying down lazily by the common room fire and sets out with the others.


At this point, the lad speaks up; he clearly is not happy about the goblins, but he isn't showing any outward fear or hesitation either. If anything, he speaks with the vindication of being told he was wrong and having proof show up that he was actually the correct one. "The hole is only big enough for one at a time, but I've heard multiple voices. I don't know exact number; there was no way I was going down that hole by myself."


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Thank you, son. We'll sort this out for you and your family. Should be a piece of cake compared to that goblin ambush, Avian knocks his claw on the wooden table after saying that.


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Thandion follows Marcoul out "Yes, but as you said earlier we have more pressing concerns." he says quietly. Then turning back he asks "Is it far? Should be saddling up horse or can we run there?"


You can walk and get there fairly quickly. It's not too far from town.


You reach the farmhouse, and it's a pretty nice place. Part of it is even a full two stories tall, and there is a farmhand outside who is very relieved to see you, and tells you that it's not just a single goblin, but a small group of them, and they are hungry, desperate, and over the course of the last day, have decided they were going to establish a new tribe with this house as their base. The master of the house, along with his brave dog, were somewhere inside, contesting that last point. You enter the front door, and see your typical common room space where most of the day to day activities were done. On the far wall is a large fireplace and several doors. In one of the doors, a man is holding a spear and trying to keep the goblins in the room beyond bottled up. In front of him is a rather large looking wardog that the goblins seem to be trying to take down, but without much success.

No map again. The common room is about 30 feet long, 20 feet wide; there is furniture around, but nothing I'm going to be overly worried about. You are right by the front door on one end; the farmer is in a doorway on the other end tucked between the fireplace and one of the walls.

The party is up. For initiative, I will go PCs in posting order, than friendly npcs, than enemy npcs. It's how I will probably end up running the minor battles just to keep things moving. As much as I would love to devote to each battle the full treatment, it's just not worth it for a lot of these side kind of battles that only last one or two rounds.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro casts mage armor on Aressa as they leave the Rusty Dragon, and leads everyone to the farmhouse as swiftly as he can. Once they arrive he rushes in - behind Aressa - and seeing what is happening takes action chanting,

"Drowehtsiesaerg!" And hurling a gobbit of transluscent slimey grease past the farmer and his dog to coat the floor beneath as many of the goblins as possible.

Grease DC 17 reflex or fall:
A grease spell covers a solid surface with a layer of slippery grease. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. Failure means it can't move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Acrobatics skill for details). Creatures that do not move on their turn do not need to make this check and are not considered flat-footed. Area 10ft. Square.

Aressa rushes past the farmer and his dog, and swipes at one of the goblins with a claw, slashing it savagely across the throat and sending blood geyzering forth!

Aressa Claw vs Prone goblin if possible: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3Crit Conf: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19Extra Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

"Farmer Barett, we'll handle these little bleeders, please step aside so my friends can get at them. I promise you we will make them bleed!" Pavro calls, over the sound of Aressa's exultant snarls.

Aressa AC 20:
Aressa
Female Outsider Eidolon 1
CG Medium Outsider
Init +2 ; Senses Perception -1

==DEFENSE==
AC 16, 12 touch, 14 flatfooted (4 natural armor, 2 dex)
hp 7 (6 hd, 1 con)
Fort 3 Ref 4 Will -1

==OFFENSE==
Spd 40 ft
Melee +3 Bite 1d6+2
Melee +3 2 Claws 1d6+2

==STATISTICS==
Str 14, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 11
Base Atk +1, Cmb +3 Cmd 15

Evolutions [4+Free] claws, improved natural armor, pounce, bite, limbs (legs) (2)

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Crossbow in one hand, Marcoul points towards the entrapped goblins with his other. Companions! Quickly, strike them down, allow none to survive. Do not allow compassion into your hearts for they hold none towards you! Harden your emotions, they are the chaff of this world, by-blows of the Rough Beast, fit for nothing but death. As the farmer cuts the wheat, so to must we cut down the weak to let the strong grow!

Standard Action: Sermonic Performance: Inspire Courage +1 (Su) Morale bonus on some saving throws, attack and damage rolls.


Male Human Bard 3 (Arcane Duellist); HP: 30/30 AC: 15/11/14; Saves: F +3, R +4, W +1; Init: +1; Per: +4

As Thandion moves into the room he concentrates slightly and his sap starts to glow Arcane pool = 4 of 5. He will try to avoid the greased area and reach a goblin, if required he will step into the grease.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 9 Magic weapon and Insprire courage that he will take advantage of this time.
Damage (non-lethal): 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 10
Intimidate (if I hit): 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 4 = 21
(Target: The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target's Hit Dice + the target's Wisdom modifier. If successful target is shaken for rounds equal to damage dealt.)


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

With his crossbow in hand, Severus readies a bolt. He prepares to fire on any goblin that escape through the blockade past their attackers.

1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7 -4 if shooting into melee
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Avian decides firing his pistol indoors is probably not ideal, so he draws instead his falcata, moves over to the nearest goblin and slashes with the slightly curved blade. Betcha didn't know tengu are trained with swords from birth! he taunts the goblins.

Attack Roll 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10
Damage Roll 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

He curses at his average swing and resolves to never taunt the enemy before the blow hits again.


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Seeing the situation, Vors sets his bow aside and moves up with Avian, drawing his blade as he goes.

(If an opening to attack is possible)Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Confirmation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 Damage: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 7) + 8 = 19


Farmer Barett steps back, though it takes some effort to pull back the angry dog. Fortunately, Avian's faithful hound steps up and takes his place. It's clear that it's just as well you got there when you did; both the farmer and his dog look pretty beat up, and it's doubtful they could have taken another round. The party only manages to kill 2 goblins, but between the efficiency of those kills, and the grease sending one of the remaining 4 to the ground (2 of the surviving critters were caught in it along with the 2 dead ones), they pull back, or try to at least. The goblins in the grease trade places standing and lying flat on their face in the slippery stuff. The one standing takes a swing at Vors, and does a commendable job all things considered, but still misses. The other two retreat back to where you would have to pass over the grease and their comrades in order to get to them, pulling out shortbows as they do so, and firing at Amadeus, with both shots going into the exposed ceiling joists.

The party is up. There are two goblins in the grease in melee range; one is prone, the other is not. There are two goblin archers 10' back from the back edge of the grease (so about 20' from the closest party member), and protected by the fact that in order to reach them, you have to go through the grease (DC 17). Farmer Barett and Petal are both standing back watching and both look very beat up.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro dismisses the grease, seeing it is has the potential to hinder his allies rather than aide them,

"Go gett'em guys!"

While Aressa takes a step so she can reach both goblins in melee range and unleashes a storm of claws and teeth!

Aressa Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Aressa Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Aressa Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


The prone one is dead; the standing one is definitely hurt, but not yet dead. The archers don't look happy to see the grease disappear.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro cheerily gives the goblin archers the finger,

"Oops, sorry!"

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Moving slightly to get a better view of the goblins archers Marcoul continues to extol his companions, bolstering their skill and hardening their hearts towards the wretched little beasts. (Free Action 4 round remaining) Maintain Sermonic Performance: Inspire Courage +1 Raising his crossbow he takes aim and with a loud Twang released the bolt. Standard Action: fire light crossbow Only to see it go wide. Cursing under his breath he reloads and prepares to take aim again. Move Action: Reload Crossbow

Attack Roll 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage Roll 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Thandion will move up and hit one of the archer goblins.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 24
Damage (non-lethal): 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 8
Intimidate (if I hit): 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 4 = 28
(Target: The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target's Hit Dice + the target's Wisdom modifier. If successful target is shaken for rounds equal to damage dealt.)

Confirmation
Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 20
Damage (non-lethal): 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 8

Note: Not that he is likely to be standing if I did confirm , but on a successful crit and intimidate he is "frightened" for 1 round then shaken for rounds equal to damage.

The archer takes a blow from Thandion and falls sideways and its head makes contact with the wall there is a sickening crack sound. with excess non-lethal becoming lethal I'm sure it took some real damage.


The goblin would be cowering in it's boots if it was still conscious, but it's not. It's on the ground, bleeding out because you dealt so much nonlethal damage.


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

If there are any more goblins left, Avian will head toward the nearest one and strike with his falchion.

Attack Roll 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 1 = 19
Damage Roll 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Remaining behind the others, Severus keeps his hand crossbow trained on the the closest remaining goblin, ready to fire if it should get beyond the melee fighters.

Ready Attack
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Crit Confirm on Readied Attack
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

With the grease gone, Vors moves up on the remaining archer, taking him with a thrust to the midsection.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


The last goblin standing, heavily injured, cowers in terror as he pleads for his life.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Severus steps forward, trying to move past those in front of him.

(In Goblin:)
"What are you doing here? Why are the goblins attacking now? Does the new temple have anything to do with it?"

Diplomacy (untrained)(10)
10 = 10

251 to 300 of 1,257 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadows of the Past All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.