Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows of the Past (Inactive)

Game Master sunshadow21

A Rise of the Runelords Game

Updated Combat Map


151 to 200 of 1,257 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Working on maps right now. Should be posted soon.


Round 1 summary, part 1
As the rider and several of the mooks mock the scholar loudly for his "threat," Thandion feels the bullet from Avian's pistol go by his ear, "I hope you know what you're doing with that thing, crazy bird" (shooting into melee is interesting even with it being a touch attack), the bullet finds it's mark, and the rider pivots in anger toward the bird. Asmodeus moves into the defensive position previously held by the other dog, not wanting his fellow creature's efforts to go to waste. Marcoul gives a command to the goblin dog, but it remains to be seen if it cares, and if it does, if it can override the wishes of it's rider.

North Gate Mid Round 1:
Mid Round 1

The red outlined goblin is the mounted leader. The non outlined goblins are regular melee goblins. The green outlined goblins are archers.

Combat Order (bold still to go)
Avian, Marcoul, Vors, Severus, Pavro, Thandion in posting order
Bad Guys (not able to act this round)
Aressa

Sermonic Performace is up
Aressa (D9) 7/7
Avian (H7) 9/9
Marcoul (H10) 10/10
Pavro (F10) 10/10
Severus (G8) 8/8
Thandion (E8) 10/10
Vors (L7) 12/12

Goblin Commando (D7, riding) 6 damage
Goblin Dog (D7)
Melee Goblins (D8-4 nonlethal, shaken (2 rounds), C7, C8-6 damage)
Archer Goblins (B8)
Hobgoblins (C11, D11)

Aressa, than the rest of the party is up.


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Vors gives a sigh as his line of sight is filled with others rushing in. He tosses his bow aside and closes the distance, trying to put himself between the noblemen and the goblin attackers, drawing his sword as he does so. Move to F6.


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Thandion steps sideways (E7) to better get between the goblins and their victim and as he does so his sap glows slightly (spend one arcane pt to enchant sap to +1 for 1 minute).

Thandion swings the sap in the mounted goblins face giving a moment to cast a spell the swings the sap down upon the mounted goblin (in D7) with intent.

Concentration to cast true strike: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 4 = 28 target = 17 (+4 addition 4 from taking an addition 4 penalty from attack roll.)

Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 - 4 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 2 - 4 + 20 = 25 (-2 from casting and attacking, -4 for addition to concentration roll, +20 from true strike)
Damage (non-lethal): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Intimidate (if I hit): 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 4 = 16
[ooc](+4 for being larger than the goblin. Target: The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target's Hit Dice + the target's Wisdom modifier. If successful target is shaken.)


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Aressa darts to the side to close with the goblin archer, and then launches another salvo of claws and fangs upon the unfortunate goblins. Her teeth sink into goblin flesh again, but the agile creatures manage to avoid her claws, much to the Sphinx's tail lashing displeasure.

Bites vs C8: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Claw vs B8: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Claw vs B8: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Ducking out from behind the wall Pavro chants, "Drowehtsiesaerg!" and hurls a gobbit of glistening grease at the feet of the goblins and their leaders mangey steed.

Grease targeting D7, D8, C7, C8. DC 17 reflex save of fall.

Pavro remains in F10, Aressa 5 foots to C9.

Aressa AC 20:

Aressa
Female Outsider Eidolon 1
CG Medium Outsider
Init +2 ; Senses Perception -1

==DEFENSE==
AC 16, 12 touch, 14 flatfooted (4 natural armor, 2 dex, 4 mage armor)
hp 7 (6 hd, 1 con)
Fort 3 Ref 4 Will -1

==OFFENSE==
Spd 40 ft
Melee +4 Bite 1d6+3 - due to sermon.
Melee +4 2 Claws 1d6+3 - due to sermon.

==STATISTICS==
Str 14, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 11
Base Atk +1, Cmb +3 Cmd 15


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Round 3
(By the way, I'm at H7, not F7--the pistol's range increment is 20 ft :)

Feathers ruffled, Avian crows Of course I know what I'm doing! Do you know what you're doing? Swinging a sap around? These goblins aim to kill! he pauses as he aims his shot and fires on the mounted goblin once more, And so do I!

Attack Roll vs. Touch AC 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 16 (Made it easy for you, this includes Sermonic Performance and the penalty for shooting into melée ;-)
Damage Roll (w/UC&D) 1d8 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + (4) + 1 = 8
Damage on a Miss w/UC&D 2

After firing, he again reloads his pistol.

Tracked Resources
Grit 0/4 Bullets & Black Powder 13


As Vors moves up, Thandion thumps the goblin leader hard, though the only effect is that the creature gets thoroughly annoyed. As Pavro's grease spell takes form underneath the feet of the foe, one of them falls flat on his face, the dog and the other two goblins on foot manage to stay up long enough to move out of it. The dog sidesteps to the left, having forgotten the command from Marcoul in it's efforts to stay standing in the grease, as it's rider swings at Thandion, dealing a solid blow to the man as he mocks the elf as a coward and a fool. The goblin on the ground struggles to get up, and fails, but the other two manage to somehow back up out of the grease and away from the nasty sphinx as the two hobgoblins step in to take her attention away from them. They manage to get dramatically different results; the first one drops his sword on his own foot, dealing some damage as he tries to stay standing on his good foot, while the other one manages to bury his longsword in the sphinx's ribcage, dealing a significant amount of damage (At this point, I need to know if Pavro is willing to spend his own necessary hit points to keep Aressa around; it will take 6 hp of Pavro's to keep Aressa at 1 hp). The remaining archer takes a shot at someone, but you really can't tell who the intended target was as the arrow flies wide of pretty much everybody on the field. Meanwhile, Avian manages to knock the goblin rider into unconsciousness, and as the creature's body slumps to the ground, you can't tell if it's still alive or not.

North Gate Round 2:
Round 2

The red outlined goblin is the mounted leader. The non outlined goblins are regular melee goblins. The green outlined goblins are archers. Dark Green is the grease spot. red dots are injured, blue circle is prone.

Combat Order (bold still to go)
Avian, Marcoul, Vors, Severus, Pavro, Thandion in posting order
Bad Guys (not able to act this round)
Aressa

Sermonic Performace is up
Aressa (D9) -5/7 (either puff be gone or Pavro is at 4/10)
Avian (H7) 9/9
Marcoul (H10) 10/10
Pavro (F10) 10/10
Severus (G8) 8/8
Thandion (E7) 5/10
Vors (F6) 12/12

Goblin Commando (C6) state unknown with body lying on ground
Goblin Dog (D6)
Melee Goblins (B9-4 nonlethal, C7-prone, B7-6 damage)
Archer Goblins (B8)
Hobgoblins (C9-possibly 6 damage, based on Pavro's decision, C10-4 damage)

Top of Round 2. Pavro needs to decide on Aressa. If she stays, he's at 4/10 hp, Aressa is at 1 hp, and the one hobgoblin has taken a nasty slice; if not, Aressa is gone, and the one hobgoblin is still at full health.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro will sacrifice his HP. I'm sure you rolled it, but just to point out that it takes a DC 10 acrobatics check to move in grease. I'm getting pretty confused on the init, and looks like you maybe just copied and pasted the order without altering who is up? The way it is listed now would mean the baddies get two attacks before Aressa gets to act.


Pavro Deverin wrote:
Pavro will sacrifice his HP. I'm sure you rolled it, but just to point out that it takes a DC 10 acrobatics check to move in grease. I'm getting pretty confused on the init, and looks like you maybe just copied and pasted the order without altering who is up? The way it is listed now would mean the baddies get two attacks before Aressa gets to act.

The init confusion is because I wasn't sure how you wanted to resolve the issue with Aressa. Since she is sticking around, she would have used the rolls you already gave at the end of the first full round after the bad guy's actions, and now it's the beginning of the second full round, in which Avian has acted, but no one else has.


Top of round 2 reposted with clarifications from Pavro included.

North Gate Round 2:
Round 2

The red outlined goblin is the mounted leader. The non outlined goblins are regular melee goblins. The green outlined goblins are archers. Dark Green is the grease spot. red dots are injured, blue circle is prone.

Combat Order (bold still to go)
Avian, Marcoul, Vors, Severus, Pavro, Thandion in posting order
Bad Guys (not able to act this round)
Aressa

Sermonic Performace is up
Aressa (D9) 1/7
Avian (H7) 9/9
Marcoul (H10) 10/10
Pavro (F10) 4/10
Severus (G8) 8/8
Thandion (E7) 5/10
Vors (F6) 12/12

Goblin Commando (C6) state unknown with body lying on ground
Goblin Dog (D6)
Melee Goblins (B9-4 nonlethal, C7-prone, B7-6 damage)
Archer Goblins (B8)
Hobgoblins (C9-6 damage, C10-4 damage)

Top of Round 2. Marcoul, Vors, Severus, Pavro, and Thandion are up.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Ah, thankyou VOW, its still making my head hurt but I believe I get it - not helping that its 5am here and I have yet to sleep ;)

Round 3

Pavro clutches his side hissing in pain as he leans against the fence, but grits his teeth and readies himself to bring in more aide should his valiant eidolon fall.

"Rip his balls off Ress!" He calls, none of the usual levity present in his voice.

Pavro readies an action to use his Summon Monster ability if Aressa falls.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Round 2
Severus moves to E8 and throws a vial of alchemist's fire on the grease.

1d6 ⇒ 2 fire damage.

"I did suggest surrendering, didn't I. Ignorant."


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Vors steps in toward the mangy, rat-like beast, determined to cut it down before it can do any further harm, but stumbles, throwing his strike wide.

5 foot step to E6 and an attack on the goblin dog. Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

That’s odd... Marcoul thinks to himself as he watches Pavro clutch his side in agony. I did not see him receive a blow.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

That’s odd... Marcoul thinks to himself as he watches Pavro clutch his side in agony. I did not see him receive a blow. Forward my friends, Forward! Cast these beasts down. Let them feel the flames of my lord. Give them terror, so that they might always remember this day and never attack the good people of Sandpoint again! Free Action: Final Round of Sermonic Inspiration

Eyes widening, Marcoul observes Aressa rapidly heal during the same moment that Pavro hissed in pain. Intereting, some sort of symbotic or parasitic relationship? When time permits, I'll have to think longer on this. Stepping forward 5ft step towards Pavro, Marcoul brandishes his inverted pentagram. "Pavro! May I heal you?" Assuming he says yes. "Asmodeus, lord below your servant calls upon you! Clamping his hand onto Pavro's side, a flood of dark power flows forth from Marcoul and Pavro's wounds begin to slowly knit together Standard Action: Cast Infernal Healing


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro manages a weak smile, "Please do! I find myself poorly aquianted with pain, and it seems we do not get on."

As Marcoul annoints him with something wet Pavro feels the maddeningly unspecific pain recede somewhat, and continue to lessen slowly.

"My thanks Marcoul, you are a useful fella to have about!"

I figure the life-link injuries come across as non specific pain, rather than a sword wound emerging from nowhere on Pavro. Let me know if that does not work :)


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Thandion will hit the goblin dog in front of him then step (5ft to F6) behind Vors so as to be not disrupted while he casts a shield AC=20 HP=5 of 10.
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 2 = 18 (-2 because he is casting)
Damage (non lethal): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Intimidate (if I hit): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
(Target: The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target's Hit Dice + the target's Wisdom modifier. If successful target is shaken for rounds equal to damage dealt.)


As Severus lights the grease on fire, making the one goblin remaining in it extremely unhappy, and giving the air nearby a distinct foul smell of cooked goblin, Marcoul heals Pavro, and the paladin and the ranger try to take the dog down. When they fail, the dog just runs away as fast as it can; it's had enough of this situation. The goblin in the fire seems to find the motivation to successfully get up and out of the grease with the fire, and just barely manages to stand up and back up 5 feet without catching fire. The three goblins not in the grease fire use the screeen of the smoke filled fire to position themselves in a way that they can either run away or fight based on how things develop, as they clearly edge away from the hobgoblins. The hobgoblin that dropped his sword follows them, much to their dismay, cursing at them and their cowardice in goblin. The other hobgoblin continues to attack Aressa and hits again, though this time not as hard, and Pavro once more winces in pain as the life link activates.

North Gate Round 2 mid:
Round 2
Combat Order (bold still to go)
Avian, Marcoul, Vors, Severus, Pavro, Thandion in posting order
Bad Guys
Aressa

Round 3
Combat Order (bold still to go)
Avian, Marcoul, Vors, Severus, Pavro, Thandion in posting order
Bad Guys
Aressa

Aressa (D9) 1/7
Avian (H7) 9/9
Marcoul (G10) 10/10
Pavro (F10) 2/10 infernal healing, readied action
Severus (E8) 8/8
Thandion (F6) 5/10
Vors (E6) 12/12

Goblin Commando (C6) state unknown with body lying on ground
Melee Goblins (C5-4 nonlethal, B7-2 damageprone, B6-6 damage)
Archer Goblins (B8)
Hobgoblins (B5-6 damage, B8-4 damage)

[oo]Aressa is up, than the rest of the party follows.[/ooc]


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Round 3 (or Round 2 not counting the Surprise Round)

Aressa eyes alight with fury side steps to block the gate as much as possible and then turns her full fury upon her hobgoblin tormentor. She sinks her teeth into yielding flesh, but both claws flail wildly at nothingness.

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


The hobgoblin dropped from the bite.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Round 4

Spitting out the limp hobgoblin, Aressa turns to glare at the remaining goblinoids.

Pavro keeps himself ready to summon in case Aressa is injured again.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Round 3

Hearing the hobgoblins curse at the goblins in goblin, Severus attempts to skirt around the edge of the fire to a strategic location where he can hit the hobgoblin with a crossbow bolt.

Hand Crossbow
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 -4 if firing into melee
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Sorry about the delay. Had some real life concerns that popped up rather suddenly. I'm going to cut this round short as any goblins still alive on their turn are simply going to flee, and none of them have anything worth looting.

Severus drops the last hobgoblin, and the last of the goblins either drop or flee quite quickly. The nobleman watches the group, and speaks as his eyes settle on Marcoul, "A priest for the hooved one here in Sandpoint? How strange; you must lead an interesting life to be this far from home. But I forget my manners; I am Aldern Foxglove. I was on my way back to the Rusty Dragon after drinking with some other folk, with my dog, Bernard, when we reached here at the wrong time, as you can see. I was afraid that we about to become goblin chowder, but someone upstairs clearly thought it was not yet my time, as you showed up just in the nick of time."

You are out of combat. You can try knowledge (local) or knowledge (nobility) to learn more about Aldern. A quick search reveals little of value except a potion of cure moderate wounds and two longswords that the party members could actually use. The gate itself can still be closed, but not fully secured.

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Vors will see if there is any timber available nearby. If the gate cannot be secured in the normal fashion, a couple of sturdy beams braced against it and the ground should hold it fast from the inside until repairs can be made.


There aren't any timbers nearby, but you think that a few guards should be sufficient against most threats until the gate can be repaired.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Were the hobgoblins is armor VOW? If so can we half inch that ;)

Recovering a little more thanks to Marcoul's magics Pavro hurries over to Aressa, who is holding her head high and looking even haughtier than usual despite being dreched in gore - a great deal of it her own.

Obviously concerned he pushes back her hair from her face examining her wounds and hissing in sympathy,

"Well done 'Ress you sure showed those beggars not to mess with you. Don't you worry we'll get you sorted out you are going to be fine."

He looks to Marcoul,

"Do you think you could heal her Marcoul? She never seems to heal naturally like we do. If not I'll use one of the potions, I know they are valuable, but we don't know if there are any more of those goblins gits around, and I'm guessing Father Zantus might be needed elsewhere."

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Thandion quickly goes to work ripping up one of dead goblin's clothes and using the strips to bind the goblin that was riding the dog and any other goblins that is alive but unconscience. "If Vors is right about this being organised from within sandpoint this one might know something" He says pointing the riding goblin. Then pointing at the hobgoblins "Or one the of big ones, if anyone can stop them bleeding to death. Does anyone speak their langage?" Thandion says looking around.

"It seems to me if this was organised from Sandpoint there must be a purpose and given the training of the local watch I think it is likely this was a distraction from what ever the person who let them in is up to. Given that it might have been a murder and not have happened yet we should try to find out what these creatures know quickly."


You'd probably want to wash them at least once, if not several times, before wearing it, but there are two suits of studded leather armor.

Pavro:
You recognize the name as belonging to a local noble family that has had difficulties maintaining their position, but recall little else.

Is anyone going to say anything to Aldern?


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Not currently, Thandion is busy thinking about posible conspiratorial plans. But while I think of it can I get anything from History: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro will certainly address Aldern, but he takes care of Aressa first. Since I want to make sure folks are okay with him using a potion on her mind if I skip ahead and then fill in Aressa's healing retroactively?

Once he has tended to Aressa as best he can Pavro turns to Aldern offering a grave nod,

"You had a brave companion there Aldern, I'm sorry we could not have arrived soon enough to spare him. I don't think we've been intoroduced, I'm Pavro Deverin - town wastrel. Does anyone have any skill at healing? Perhaps you could take a look at Bernard, just in case he is still..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Severus swiftly considers the facts he is aware of.

Knowledge (Local)
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Knowledge (Nobility)
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Knowledge (History)
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

"As to healing, I am certainly willing to apply my medical skills on anyone or anything that might need it. It will require time of course."

He pauses and looks over the goblins' remains. "And when that is accomplished I shall be glad to look over these items with a skilled eye for enchantments and the like. I know you had doubts about the potion we found earlier, Pavro, though I recognized the label."

Healing (Treat Deadly Wounds)
1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13 (2 charges)
Healing (Treat Deadly Wounds)
1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16 (2 charges)

Casting detect magic and identifying the enchantments on any suspected magic items.

Spellcraft
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

All of this will take quite a bit of time, so if necessary he will step out of any conversations unless he has something to contribute.


Thandion:
You don't really get much. Whether it's because you don't know a lot of the general local history or there isn't anything to know, you aren't really sure. You do know that a goblin attack of this kind is unprecedented in Sandpoint's comparatively short history. Only the initial raid on the Shoanti in the initial fumbled attempt to establish the town, Chopper's madness, and the fire that destroyed the church and surrounding neighborhood really reach the level that this would appear to be at this time.

Severus:
easy stuff first; the potion is the only magic you find.

Information on Aldern Foxglove - he comes from a family of Magnimar merchant princes. His grandfather built a manor close to Sandpoint but he, his wife, and his children all died mysteriously. Ever since then, locals have viewed the manor, which still stands, with great suspicion. After a time, Aldern's father moved back in and all seemed well, but he and his wife also died horrible, mysterious deaths, with the result that Aldern and his sister were taken back to a Magnimar orphanage until they were claimed by cousins and taken to Korvosa to be raised. Now, it would seem that Aldern is back, a successful merchant lord in his own right, and is trying to reestablish, yet again, the family birth right.

Other history - if this attack is truly as big as it would seem to be, only three events in Sandpoint's history would be able to match the magnitude of it: the initial attack on the Shoanti by the drunken Scarnetti, Chopper's month long reign of terror, and the fire that destroyed most of the northern end of town, including the chapel that this cathedral was built to replace.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

"My Lord Foxglove, I am somewhat relieved to see that your family's misfortunes are not holding you back from your destiny, and that tragedy remains only a minute portion of your successful life at Foxglove Manor. I will not speak more on that, for fear of breaching protocol; but if you should require further assistance with your home (for any reason), I hope you will call on myself and these able individuals."

Diplomacy (take 10)
10 = 10

Needless to say, Severus does not share what he knows about Aldern with the rest of the group for fear of insult or insensitivity toward the merchant lord, though he will certainly do so once they are in private.

"As for your suspicions, Thandion. Allow me to, once again, confirm them for you."


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Avian once again surveys the area for a minute or so before deciding the danger--for now--has passed, and then holsters his pistol.

It was no trouble, Master Foxglove, I'm glad we were here to help. Many folk could have died if we hadn't have thought quick and struck back on those goblins. Avian extends a claw to the nobleman to shake, and in lieu of any local or nobility knowledge, assesses the man's behavior and words to ascertain what he can about the man.

Sense Motive to get a read on him, if he is being honest with us, etc. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Amadeus! Come! Avian whistles for his wolfhound to join him. Sorry to see what happened to Bernard. Don't know what I'd do without my dog. Avian pets Amadeus reassuringly.


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Vors turns back to the nobleman after assessing the gate situation.

"Is there somewhere we can take you, sir? Might be best to get indoors until the Sheriff and his men can be sure there aren't any more goblins lurking about."

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Striding over to greet the noble, Marcoul gives a frown of distain at the corpses of the goblinoids. "Lord Foxglove, It is a pleasure to meet you. I am Marcoul Jeggare." With a wry grin Marcoul offers a hand to the young noble. "The Hooved-One" is not a term I hear often, I myself prefer the Lord of Contracts however, to each their own. As to the life I lead, well that would be topic unto its self. Smiling the priest then turns to Pavro and Aressa. "Sadly young sir, That was the only healing my Dark Prince has granted me for the day. I do believe however, that it would be more than enough to heal you from any additional damage you might incur for perhaps the next thirty to forty seconds."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Infernal Healing gives fast healing 1 for ten rounds. Enough that you could feed some of your HP back to Aressa before it runs out and still top yourself off.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro nods at Marcoul's words and frowns,

"Ah, I see, thanks again by the way," he says, waiting until the infernal magic has fully restored him and then turning to Aressa.

"Hold on 'Ress, we'll get you fixed up as soon as we make sure that's a healing potion and not poison."

Aressa merely sniffs in response, and begins licking the blood from her fur.


Avian:
He seems to be telling the truth from what you can tell, though it's clear that the attack has his mind less than fully there.

Aldern takes a moment to respond, "Yes, well, we must all bear our burdens, though these confounded locals don't seem to be of much mind to help me with mine. Seem to think the house is haunted for some silly reason; superstitious balderdash, I call it. As for the horned one, he goes by many names, and one is as good as any other. I think I best be making my way to the Rusty Dragon. Stop by tomorrow and I'll buy a round or two in your honor while we swap stories; for now, I think I can feel a headache coming on that is threatening to overwhelm my senses." With that, he moves off towards the south, clearly starting to show signs of a hangover, though he is still able to hide it for the most part.

At this point, Sheriff Hemlock and several of this men come up the same road, and as they take in the scene, the sheriff starts barking orders. A couple of men move to secure the gate while a few others moves move off to the north doing a perimeter sweep. Once the guards have been given their orders, he comes over to you, and you can tell he's looking a bit tired. [b]"I apologize that we must once more ask for your help, but if you could check out the cemetary and report to me at the garrison, I would appreciate it. I will see that you are properly compensated for that and all of your other efforts. Oh, and son (talking to Thandion), take one of the blades, you may need it." He pushes one of the longswords into the ranger's hands before turning his attention back to the scene in front of him.

As you make you way to the northern gate of the boneyard, you get a firm reminder that its still just a bit after midnight. There are no torches lit back here, and while the stars provide enough light that you can see just enough to not bump into each other, the shadows are still too thick for making out details, especially once you leave the road, and get in amongst the back buildings of the cathedral, and the structures of the cemetery itself. This also triggers a response from your bodies that force you to remember that you have been up and active pretty much all day.

Everyone is at a -1 to all their d20 rolls due to the initial onset of fatigue. Folks with normal sight will need a light source to see clearly. Those with low-light vision can see 15' feet comfortably, but everything beyond that is shadows. Those with darkvision can utilize darkvision normally. I'll say that Aressa is back to full health, and Pavro is at 6 hp from the fast healing.

I need to know what order you going in, what light sources you have, and survival and perception checks from everyone.

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

As the intrepid group strangers make their way to towards the graveyard Marcoul chuckles to himself. Go check the Graveyard asks the sheriff, it’s a town of little more than a thousand, it can't be that big! Once he nears the gates he casts a eye over Aressa. "Pavro, would you mind if I cast a small blessing upon your companion? I imagine that Aressa would wear some sort of bauble or jewelry. Let me know if she doesn't Closing his eyes for a brief moment, you hear the crackle of flames and catch whiff of brimstone before its gone and Aressa's necklace emits a cold red light. Cast Light on Aressa's jewelry. Marcoul then fastidiously un-slings his light crossbow and knocks a bolt.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Survival (wntrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


She's Pavro's eidolon; as long as you don't try to cross magic item slots and pay for anything that has mechanical value, I leave the general description up to Pavro.


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Why did he have to give that to me, does he know what I'll do with it. Thandion sheaths the sword. "Belor be careful, Vors here thinks this was planned from within Sandpoint, maybe a distraction for something even darker." Turning back towards the cathedral "This way" he say leading them back to the graveyard. He reaching in a pouch and says "tghile ber ehttel" and his sap starts to glow.
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

"Actually, that was Pavro's idea, Thandion. For all we know, they could have slipped onto the wagons on the road and hitched a ride on the sly. No way of knowing for certain until someone has a chance to speak with our prisoner," says Vors, as he strikes flint to steel and lights up a torch, carrying it aloft in one hand and keeping his sword drawn in the other.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Aressa has a couple of pieces of by now rather bloody cloth tied around her by Pavro earlier - a headband covering her rune, and an improvised bra preserving everyone elses modesty - since she really could not care less. Eidolons don't appear with any gear, and Aressa has no bits that look like items. They also have darkvision.

Aressa hisses at Marcoul, and snaps,

"Ask me not him, if you want to fiddle with the organ you need permission from the organ grinder - not from the monkey! I do not require light, but if you find it convenient you may cast it upon my headband."

Pavro, just barks a laugh and gives Marcoul a shrug, casting his own light spell upon his hat.

Pavro Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9Pavro Survival: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17
Aressa Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19Aressa Survival: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Do you reckon the sheriff heard more goblins in the cemetery, or something... else? Avian ponders as they head there.

Once at the cemetery, Avian draws his pistol and heads to the front of their group, looking around warily, aided by the torches and light spells cast by his companions.

Perception 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 1 = 30
Survival 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 1 = 19


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Severus lights a sunrod, and otherwise keeps an eye out for any strange movements or the like.

Perception
1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 1 = 25

He also keeps an eye out for any strange carvings in the cemetery, perhaps something remotely Thassilonian in origin.

Knowledge (History)
1d20 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 13 - 1 = 24


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

"Oh, I doubt it. Sandpoint's probably already filled its interesting events quota for the next decade," Pavro says, glancing around a little anxiously.

Aressa snorts,

"Worried the dead are going to avenge themselves upon you for using their resting place as a make out spot?"

"A little, yes," the wastrel replies frankly.


As the party advances into the cemetery, there are, much to everyone's relief, no more goblins. However, several people notice tracks on the ground, but Marcoul is the one to make the unpleasant discovery that many seem to be leading to and from the wall, and further inspection locates what seem to be places where ladders were leaned up against the wall. The other disturbing thing that the Severus and Avian discover is that one of the mausoleums, the resting place of Ezekian Tobyn, seems to have it's doors slightly open.

Severus:
There is nothing here that predates Sandpoint's development, though here and there you find oblique mentions of the 3 previous tragedies from the town's history.


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Vors will move up to the doors of the mausoleum, setting his torch down nearby. He'll take a door in one hand, sword at the ready, and pull it fully open once the rest of the group indicates that they're prepared.


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Thandion will follow Vors, sap at the ready. He pauses quickly at the door looks at the recent activity around it. Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro, with his glowing hat, moves forward nodding to signal he is prepared - careful to stay behind Aressa's protective presense.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Severus draws out his club as he holds the sunrod in his other hand, and follows the others at a safe distance.

151 to 200 of 1,257 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadows of the Past All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.