Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shadows of the Past (Inactive)

Game Master sunshadow21

A Rise of the Runelords Game

Updated Combat Map


101 to 150 of 1,257 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Thandion tries to swing at the goblin in front of him once more, but seems hesitant to harm even these creatures with a sap. It's becoming clear to even the most obtuse amongst you that violence of any kind is something that makes Thandion uncomfortable.


Waiting for Marcoul.

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Flee back to your holes and hovels you filthy little beasts! Commands Marcoul towards the goblins. Then sweeping his cloak back from his robes he withdraws a light crossbow and with a prayer to the Dark Prince lets a bolt fire towards the nearest goblin.

Attack Roll 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 +2 Dex, +1 Bless, +1 Sermon, -1 Crowd.
Damage Roll 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

VoW, let me know if the Crossbow seemed to contrived. Honestly I am not sure if Marcoul would have brought anything more than a dagger to the evening festivities, as there was no expectation of danger on his part. I also need to upgrade my character sheet as I forgot to buy my initial gear, sorry =/ I'll get on that.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Sorry to be that guy Marcoul, but I think you've used an action you don't have. Its a move to load a crossbow, normally.

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

No I agree, thats why I put that little blurb on the bottom of my statment. Move action to Load, Standard to fire? Sorry I don't have my reference books with me. If its not, then I'll just load this round.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Move action to draw the crossbow, move action to load, standard to fire. Sorry I thought your comment was referring to him having his crossbow with him, maybe I'm misunderstanding "withdraw" did he have it in hand already? If so ignore me - its usually the wisest course ;)

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Your right, I forgot about the move action as a draw.


I'm not going to worry about it this time. It's the first combat, and people are still getting used to each other and their character's capabilities. I'm not going to nitpick until you're 10th level, and still making that kind of error.


Rounds 3 end, 4, & 5

As Marcoul drops another goblin, only two remain, the one mimicing the preacher, and the one being harassed by the dogs. The mimic preacher tries to mimic Marcoul by reaching for his crossbow, and remembering he doesn't have one, draws his dogslicer and charges the priest, snagging the priest just below the knee for 2 points of damage. The one being harassed by the dog finally drops from exhaustion, and a drunken militia member puts him down permanently. Aressa puts him down easily, leaving you all to stop and catch your breath.

With the last goblin down, you have a chance to stop and take in what just happened. On the plus side, actual damage seems rather limited; everything is just a big mess. Thandion has just started chewing out the priest for spewing hate when someone cries out and your attention is drawn to the cathedral where two more groups of goblins have appeared from the back. Most of these are carrying torches, along with crossbows and the apparently standard issue "blades" made from trash metal. Behind each group of three of these is another goblin that appears to be a sergeant type, who are carrying whips in addition their other weapons. As they hit the square, both sergeants also prove to be "bards" as they nearly simultaneously break out into "song." Fortunately the brief calm was enough to get most people out of the way, and the square is now clear enough that ranged attacks are no longer a problem.

You have time in rounds 4 and 5 to scrounge up a club, grab a dogslicer from the goblins, or other quick simple actions. It is now the top of round 6.

Goblin Surprise Round 6:
Combat Order (bold still to go)
Thandion, Avian, and Marcoul in posting order
Goblins
Vors, Severus, Pavro, Aressa in posting order

Aressa 7/7
Avian 9/9
Marcoul 8/10
Pavro 10/10
Severus 8/8
Thandion 10/10
Vors 12/12

North Party (bard, pyro, pyro, pyro)
South Party (bard, pyro, pyro, pyro)


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Rounds 4-5
Avian will reload his pistol and scan the deserted square for anything valuable.

Perception Check 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Tracked Resources Grit 3*/4 Black Powder & Bullets 17
*regained 1 grit by killing 1 goblin with a firearm attack

Round 6
Singing goblins? Avian crows in disbelief, his head cocked slightly to one side. Truth be told, he hadn't encountered many goblins on his travels. He had no love for them, seeing as how his only experience regarding them had been tales from the dwarven merchants that visited his village, and dwarves hate them. The surprise attack on a large gathering of civilians didn't warm him up to them either.

With a swish of his cloak, he turns and jets off toward the North party of goblins stopping at twenty feet from the sergeant.

So what if you can sing? I want to see you dance! he screeches, and fires his pistol.

Attack Roll vs. Touch AC 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage Roll (w/UC&D) 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (2) = 6
Grit 2/4


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Rounds 4-5

Dagger in hand Pavro drops down from the crate and runs over to Marcoul,

"Well that was unexpected, hey? You alright?" He asks, as Aressa moves over to join him gore smattered, but smug looking. As soon as they catch sight of the goblins Aressa interposes herself on one side, and Pavro tries to get a stall behind himself and the goblins on the other for some cover.

VOW can you try to explain the geography a little more? And please be fairly explicit with goblin positions since Pavro's only real offensive move is grease, so knowing if any goblins are adjacent to one another, etc is important.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Rounds 4-5
Reload hand crossbow.

Round 6
"I imagine that the singing goblins are some type of leader. Perhaps it is best to take them out first." Severus says drolly as he arches an eyebrow and aims at one.

Attack
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Apologies for the lack of posts. I lost internet connection during a weeklong employment shuffle. Things are relatively back to normal now.


The layout is pretty simple. It's a town square right after a major festival. Aside from the stage, and a few remaining tables, it's pretty much open terrain. Each group of goblins is bunched up fairly tight as they come around the corner into view, with the three in front making a solid line, and the leader about 10 feet behind them.

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Six Rounds remain on Bless. Marcoul will stop his sermonic performance on round 3 (3 rounds remaining)

As Marcoul reloads his crossbow he turns to the strange beast and Pavro "Yes, I'm quite well Mr. Deverin. Thank you for your assistance. I hope you forgive me for saying so, but your companion, is quite magnificent." As if to emphasize the point Marcoul finishes ratcheting down the light crossbow and takes aim at one of the singing goblins. Flee you cowardly mongrels, flee in the name of the Dark Prince!

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Attack Roll 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Damage Roll 1d8 ⇒ 7

Sorry guys, trying to save the rest of my Sermonic Performance in case something worse comes along.


Round 6, Goblins

Avian seriously hurts the one sergeant bard, but does not drop the creature. Marcoul tries to finish off the creature, but his crossbow bounces off the armor. The heavily injured bard pulls out a potion, drinking it, and some of the wounds close slightly. The three pyros turn as a solid line toward Avian, and advance to serve as a screen between the strange bird and their leader; they are unable to attack as they switch to their dogslicers.

Thandion continues to hold the creatures' attention without actually managing to strike any of them, and pays for his reluctance as all three manage to singe him with their torches. Severus tries to help out, but his crossbow shot goes just wide.

Combat Order (bold still to go)
Thandion, Avian, and Marcoul in posting order
Goblins
Vors, Severus, Pavro, Aressa in posting order

Aressa 7/7
Avian 9/9
Marcoul 8/10
Pavro 10/10
Severus 8/8
Thandion 4/10
Vors 12/12

North Party (bard (4 damage, used potion), pyro, pyro, pyro) (Avian, Marcoul)
South Party (bard, pyro, pyro, pyro) (Severus, Thandion)


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Wincing at the cacophonous song, Vors flicks the blood from his blade and surveys the situation. Seeing Thandion hard-pressed by the torch-wielding goblins, he surges forward to assist.

Charge attack on one of the three pyros to the South. Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Round 6

"Don't tell her that, she's insufferable when she's smug," Pavro chuckles, regarding his blood smeared eidolon fondly.

With a snarl Aressa charges for the three unengaged torch wielding goblins and launching herself into a pounce biting at the central goblin and clawing to either side!

Meanwhile Pavro chants, "Drowehtsiesaerg!" and wriggles his fingers flinging a blob of transulescent grease through the air to land at the feet of the two remaining goblins in combat with Vors and Thandion - taking pains to avoid the non goblins.

Grease DC 17 Reflex:
A grease spell covers a solid surface with a layer of slippery grease. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. Failure means it can't move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Acrobatics skill for details). Creatures that do not move on their turn do not need to make this check and are not considered flat-footed.

Power Attacking

Claw 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Claw 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Aressa:
Female Outsider Eidolon 1
CG Medium Outsider
Init +2 ; Senses Perception -1

==DEFENSE==
AC 18, 10 touch, 116 flatfooted (-2 charge, 4 natural armor, 4 Mage Armor, 2 dex)
hp 7 (6 hd, 1 con)
Fort 3 Ref 4 Will -1

==OFFENSE==
Spd 40 ft
Melee +4 Bite 1d6+2 Bless
Melee +4 2 Claws 1d6+2 Bless

==STATISTICS==
Str 14, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 11
Base Atk +1, Cmb +3 Cmd 15

Evolutions [4+Free] claws, improved damage (claws), improved natural armor, pounce, bite, limbs (legs) (2)


Round 7

With Vors and Pavro backing up the southern group, Aressa moves to engage the northern group in combat, and gets their attention, killing two of them, and missing the last only by a nose as the goblin is able to get his shield positioned at the last second, though he is definitely not happy, looking between the big nasty sphinx and his sergeant unhappily. One of the goblins hit by the grease spell manages to stay on his feet. The other falls flat on his face.
---------------------
Combat Order (bold still to go)
Thandion, Avian, and Marcoul in posting order
Goblins
Vors, Severus, Pavro, Aressa in posting order

Aressa 7/7
Avian 9/9
Marcoul 8/10
Pavro 10/10
Severus 8/8
Thandion 4/10
Vors 12/12

North Party (bard (4 damage, used potion), pyro(dead), pyro(dead), pyro) (Avian, Marcoul, Aressa)
South Party (bard, pyro (dead), pyro(prone), pyro) (Severus, Thandion, Vors)


Round 7, Thandion

Thandion finally solidly connects with the one goblin that remains standing, and it would probably be properly scared of the elf if it wasn't slumped to the ground unconscious.


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Round 7

That's... that's not a real sphinx, is it Pavro? Whatever it is, it's sure powerful! Avian stammers in amazement as he sees Aressa maul two goblins in one go. Avian steps back and to the side from the pyro goblin, reloads his pistol, and takes aim, firing at the goblin bard now that he has a clear shot. At least as far as I'm tracking I have a free shot. If there is still a goblin or something in the way, I'll shoot it before the bard :)

Tracked Resources Grit 1/4 Black Powder & Bullets 16

Attack Roll vs. Touch AC 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 17 (+1 Bless)
Damage Roll 1d8 ⇒ 5


The goblin leader drops.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Round 7
Severus takes aim at one of the remaining goblins.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

"Well done, Avian. Keep the pressure on them until they flee."

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Marcoul nods in agreement. "Indeed Severus! Flee you pitiful mongrels, flee for your pathetic lives!"

Attack Roll 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage Roll 1d8 ⇒ 6

I'll shoot at the closes non engaged in melee target


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Vors steps into another swing, ignoring the fallen goblin and striking at the one still standing with torch in hand.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Crit Confirmation:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Damage:2d8 + 8 ⇒ (2, 2) + 8 = 12


As Marcoul shoots the last standing goblin, Vors and Severus move in to finish off the kill, but the goblin is gone before they can reach him. You finally have a chance to survey the scene fully. The unconscious goblin is quickly bound by some of the servants and put in a corner to be taken to the jail when the town guard showed up. From what you can tell, damage is minimal, but it will take a while to fully clean up the mess.

You have a couple of minutes before the next scene. This portion of the combat is over.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

"Is everyone alright? Anybody injured?" Pavro asks, darting about looking for wounded, albeit while taking care to look dramatic and heroic as he does so.

Aressa moves over to his side, going out of her way to pick the goblin skewered chicken up and begins crunching it up, spitting out feathers. The summoner glances down at her, does a double take, and swiftly wipes the worst of the gore off her with his cloak, smearing a bit onto his prisine shirt in such a manner that the uninformed might think his part in the fighting was considerably more visceral.

Then he wiggles his fingers and mutters,

"Munortap Otcepxe!" Causing his dagger to begin glowing with magical light - to reassure people.

"Was that all of them? How did the little bleeders get in wagons? Someone must have planned this, there's no way they could have lead wagons into the village on their own..."


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Avian does not relax when the last goblin falls, but reloads his pistol and surveys the scene for a minute or so before finally letting out a deep breath and returning his gun to its holster.

Tracked Resources: Grit 2/4 Bullets & Black Powder 15

Seeing the fallen dogslicers glint in the moonlight and torches, his tengu instincts kick in and he begins searching the dead goblins and the battlefield for "shinies."

Perception Check for valuables: Take 10: 10+11= 21

I reckon you're right, Pavro, they had inside help on this. Best be on our guard. Avian says gravely and then whistles for his wolfhound. Amadeus! Come!

Shouldn't Munortap Otcepxe be the spell used to summon Aressa ;-)


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

"Well they did not reckon with Pavro Deverin, and company," the wastrel declares loudly, brandishing his dagger - which he's now smeared a bit of blood on.

Speaking out of the corner of his mouth, he asks Avian,

"Find anything good?"


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Vors wipes the blood from his blade on a goblin's rags and sheathes it, readying his bow once more and nocking an arrow.

"You think someone actually brought the goblins into town? On purpose?" Vors becomes grim at the thought. "Perhaps we should check and make sure no more got in, before they manage to do some real damage."


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Severus is strangely calm as he considers the goblins' motive for the attack.

Sense Motive (10)
10 + 7 = 17


At this point, a town guard shows up, takes in the details of the situation, and asks you to secure the square and wait for Sheriff Hemlock to figure out how to proceed before doing anything. He then continues on the rounds of the town to find out how others are doing.

Loot:
1 potion of cure light wounds, a bunch of small dogslicers, small light crossbows, some barely worth it small sized leather armor

Sense Motive:
The goblins would not have done this on their own initiative. Judging by the goblins hidden the wagons, whoever ordered it has inside contacts. Beyond that, you know nothing more at this point in time.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

"Vors, that scenario is decidedly plausible. Someone brought (as in, from the inside) the goblins into town. On purpose. And if there are others, they will likely be in the same type of wagons."


Thandion frowns as you converse, but if pressed on his thoughts says that whatever he has on his mind can wait until morning when the immediate problem is taken care of and people are able to approach the investigation into the incident with a fresh mind.


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Found a bottle of Dr. Ersatz's Cure-All Tonic for Minor Injuries, I did. Avian says to Pavro, holding up the bottle-green vial.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro frowns at the bottle,

"How do you know, couldn't it be poison or something? I'd hate to feed some poor injured soul a vial of goblin snot. I know the other one seemd to be cured, but are we sure this is the same stuff?"

Aressa settles down on her paws, casually spitting out a beak and a few more feathers.


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Vors keeps his eyes and ears open, surveying the area. Severus' words have apparently put him on edge.


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Perhaps someone trained in spellcraft could take a look at it? Don't know anything about magic myself. Couldn't tell a potion from pond water. Avian offers the bottle hopefully to Pavro or Severus for identification.

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Casually walking towards the Pavro and the others, Marcoul gives a warm and inviting smile. "Thank you all for your assistance. Many are not as quick to aid followers of the Lord of Contracts as you were just now." Turning to Pavro, Marcoul offers out his hand. "If you like I could take a look at that potion. I'm familiar with such things, and I think I could safely identify it. No charge of course."


As Thandion turns to the priest to enter his earlier rant, a town guard enters the square from the direction of the garrison and comes over to where you are gathered about talking. "Thank you for your aid. I fear that we were not expecting anything of this nature, so any help we can get is appreciated. We need someone to check the north gate. We have not heard anything from there, and you seem like you could handle yourselves against whatever may be there better than any other available. I'll take over here."

As you approach the gate from the south, you see a scene that makes you very concerned. A noble is backed up against one of the houses, and his dog is trying to hold off a small pack of goblins led by a mounted goblin, who is in the process of trying to cut the dog down. Just as you get a clear view of the scene, the commando manages to drop the dog, and looks at the nobleman with a smile on his face.

You are somewhere inside the black square. The red outlined goblin is the mounted leader. The non outlined goblins are regular melee goblins. The green outlined goblins are archers. You all have surprise on the goblins, who are focused on nobleman.
--------------

Init Rolls:
Goblins 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Avian 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Marcoul 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Vors 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Severus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Pavro 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Thandion 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Aressa 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

North Gate Round 1:
Combat Order (bold still to go)
Avian, Marcoul, Vors, Severus, Pavro, Thandion
Bad Guys (not able to act this round)
Aressa

Aressa 7/7
Avian 9/9
Marcoul 10/10
Pavro 10/10
Severus 8/8
Thandion 10/10
Vors 12/12

Goblin Commando
Goblin Dog
Melee Goblins
Archer Goblins
Hobgoblins


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro leads the charge, careful to stay only a little in front - for appearances sake - with Aressa bounding along at his side, rolling her eyes frequently.

Pavro at K10, Aressa at K9 I'll wait on higher inits before posting actions.

VOW what's your view on pounce in a Surprise Round? I think its pretty clear it works by RAW, but I also thinks its pretty reasonable for a DM to say it does not. My own approach is to allow attacks that could be made at the same time to be used, but disallow iterative attacks, etc. Which allows for lions - and indeed kitty-like ediolons - to pounce and bite and claw at the same time, but stops barbarians taking two swings with the same weapon when charging as a standard action.


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Surprise Round, Initiative 18

Vors will be in position at L7

Seeing the man's only defense fall, Vors draws back his bow, letting the righteous power of Erastil flow through him as he fires at the goblin leader. Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2 When his shot fails to fell his opponent, Vors tries to command its attention.

"Wipe that smile off your face, goblin. You'll kill no one else today."

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Companions! Lawful Citizens! To Arms! Cries Marcoul pointing towards the goblins attacking the nobleman. "Yes my friends! Feel your anger rise, that these base creatures would dare attack their better! Fill your hearts with revulsion and strike them down!"

Marcoul is at L10: Standard action to start Sermonic Performance: Inspire Courage +1 (Su) Morale bonus on some saving throws, attack and damage rolls (2 Rounds remaining)


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Severus frowns and shakes his head at Marcoul's grandiose evangelism.

"I am grateful that saner heads prevail and are not so eager to embrace such emotional drivel. Mental clarity should be our primary motivation."

Severus loads and fires hand crossbow at the goblin leader.

Attack
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

He frowns deeper and looks at the hand crossbow, as though it had misfired.

"Every contraption is faulty in one way or another. As for the bottle, I recognize the label, but it will take some time to successfully identify it, after the battle."


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Avian will start at position K7.

Master noble, don't be afraid! We're here to help! Avian calls as he closes the distance between himself and the mounted leader (ends at H7), drawing his pistol in the process.


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Back home but very short of sleep. Thank you for running Thandion while I've been away.

Thandion will start in K8 as he is showing most of company the way. He growl through gritted teeth at no one in particiular "The goblins first." Then charges the goblin in D8 (ending in E8) (AC=14 for one round)

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 2 = 16 (+2 for charging)
Damage (non-lethal): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Intimidate (if I hit): 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 4 = 19 (+4 for being larger than target. Target: The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target's Hit Dice + the target's Wisdom modifier. If successful target is shaken.)


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro rushes up and presses himself against the wall for cover peering round its edge - having found himself too far away to use his grease spell.

Pavro moves to F10.

Aressa charges past Thandion flinging herself at the goblins with a gleeful snarl, tearing into goblin flesh and once again ruining the illusion of her mostly human face as her gore trickles between her razor sharp fangs!

Aressa charges to D9 and claws and bites at the goblin in C9 while swiping with one claw at the goblin in C8.

Bite PA VS D9: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Claw PA vs D9: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Bite PA VS C8: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Aressa AC 18:

Female Outsider Eidolon 1
CG Medium Outsider
Init +2 ; Senses Perception -1

==DEFENSE==
AC 16, 12 touch, 14 flatfooted (4 natural armor, 2 dex, 4 mage armor, -2 charge)
hp 7 (6 hd, 1 con)
Fort 3 Ref 4 Will -1

==OFFENSE==
Spd 40 ft
Melee +3 Bite 1d6+2
Melee +3 2 Claws 1d6+2

==STATISTICS==
Str 14, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 11
Base Atk +1, Cmb +3 Cmd 15

Evolutions [4+Free] claws, improved natural armor, pounce, bite, limbs (legs) (2)

Feats Power Attack

Skills Knowledge (Planes) 2, Perception 4, Sense Motive 4, Stealth 6


Both Vors and Marcoul shoot at the leader, but the attacks have little effect on him as the others in the party draw near. Thandion thumps one of the melee goblins hard, staggering it for a second, and scaring the heck out of it, but it shows no sign of stopping the fight despite it's desparation; even if it's afraid of Thandion, it's afraid of others more. Aressa simply shreds the closest archer as one of her claws rips into another one of the melee support, almost dropping it. Now that you are near the gate, you can see a couple of hobgoblins trying to dismantle them, and they have almost succeeded in taking one half off of it's hinges.

North Gate Round 1:
map
The red outlined goblin is the mounted leader. The non outlined goblins are regular melee goblins. The green outlined goblins are archers.

Combat Order (bold still to go)
Avian, Marcoul, Vors, Severus, Pavro, Thandion in posting order
Bad Guys (not able to act this round)
Aressa

Sermonic Performace is up
Aressa (D9) 7/7
Avian (H7) 9/9
Marcoul (L10) 10/10
Pavro (F10) 10/10
Severus (L8) 8/8
Thandion (E8) 10/10
Vors (L7) 12/12

Goblin Commando (D7, riding) 2 damage
Goblin Dog (D7)
Melee Goblins (D8-4 nonlethal, shaken (2 rounds), C7, C8-6 damage)
Archer Goblins (C9-dead, B8)
Hobgoblins (C11, D11)

First full round is up. I will post an updated map tomorrow, hopefully along with some general information on Sandpoint.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Severus loads and moves closer to the goblins.

Speaking in Goblin
"Surrender now, yield and give up your arms, and you may yet be spared."

Diplomacy (Untrained)
1d20 ⇒ 1

(ha! d20 is not my die today.)


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Round 2

Now within striking distance of the goblin with his pistol out, Avian fires upon the mounted leader. After the shot, with his claws and feathered arms working fast, he reloads his pistol.

Severus, what is that gobbledygook you are speaking at them? Are you casting a spell on them? ;-)

Attack Roll vs. Touch AC 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage Roll with UC&D 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (3) = 4
(Damage on a Miss) 1
Tracked Resources Grit 1/4 Bullets & Black Powder 14

Cheliax

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Keeping his Crossbow at the ready Marcoul continues to urge his companions onto greater deeds. Free Action: Maintain Sermonic Performance (1 round remaining) Moving forward, Move Action: L10 to H10 he raises his silver-inverted holy symbol towards the mounted goblin and with a steely gaze and a booming voice verbally lashes out at the beast. "In the name of the Dark Prince, I command you to Flee!" Standard Action: Spontaneous Cast Command (DC 14) substituting Disguise Self on the Goblin's Mount.

Command:

Command

School enchantment (compulsion) [language-dependent, mind-affecting]; Level cleric 1

Casting Time 1 standard action

Components V

Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)

Target one living creature

Duration 1 round

Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes

You give the subject a single command, which it obeys to the best of its ability at its earliest opportunity. You may select from the following options.

Approach: On its turn, the subject moves toward you as quickly and directly as possible for 1 round. The creature may do nothing but move during its turn, and it provokes attacks of opportunity for this movement as normal.

Drop: On its turn, the subject drops whatever it is holding. It can't pick up any dropped item until its next turn.

Fall: On its turn, the subject falls to the ground and remains prone for 1 round. It may act normally while prone but takes any appropriate penalties.

Flee: On its turn, the subject moves away from you as quickly as possible for 1 round. It may do nothing but move during its turn, and it provokes attacks of opportunity for this movement as normal.

Halt: The subject stands in place for 1 round. It may not take any actions but is not considered helpless.

If the subject can't carry out your command on its next turn, the spell automatically fails.

101 to 150 of 1,257 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadows of the Past All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.