Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shadows of the Past (Inactive)

Game Master sunshadow21

A Rise of the Runelords Game

Updated Combat Map


51 to 100 of 1,257 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The rest of the evening goes quickly, and most people are turning in fairly early. You are no exception, and make your individual ways to your beds before it gets too late. The morning promises to be an exciting one, and you will need all the sleep you can get.


Morning comes and the big day of the festival finally arrives. The sun is bright and cheerful, and the breeze coming off the Inner Sea is just perfect, as though the gods themselves were smiling down on this celebration. Banners, flags, and ribbons of all kinds adorn most every building on the main square and throughout town. The market square is full of stalls as local and visiting vendors ply all sorts of wares, mundane and seemingly exotic. Minstrels, sideshows, and carnies find whatever open spots are left, and vie with each other for the attention of those passing by. There are carnival games for those willing to part with their coin, as well as dozens of food vendors selling their wares. It's hard to find a frown, and all of the locals are out in their best clothes. In all, it's all you would expect such a festival to be.

All of you have a decent amount of time to wander about the streets and partake in the festivities and shopping opportunities. This is where you get to tell me what kind of things your character would seek out.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

With all the excitement in the streets and festivities, Severus sighs unappreciatively. While a good celebration was something worth fighting for, there was hardly a reason to celebrate. Other than the marvelous architectural wonder that had just been built.

Still, the distractions of the carnival allowed him the chance he needed to study the seven columns (Desna's Towers) near the cathedral site.


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Avian will visit Desna's Towers as well to pay homage to the goddess of travelers for protecting him in his wanderings. He will also try his hand at any games he might happen upon in the carnivals utilizing Sleight of Hand, shooting, or throwing things.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro is up bright and early, being one of those annoying people who don't seem to do hangovers. He had breakfasted with Ameiko before dawn, who was quite astonished to see him out of bed at such an hour, and was out with the sun seeking out a crate and bothering poor Hayliss Korvaski into giving him some material scraps.

This being done he hires a couple of burly types to haul a crate he has borrowed from the ever obliging Ameiko up near some of the stalls and clumsily nails a piece of cloth across its opening - after placing a large cushion inside the crate.

Despite his early rising he is still busily scrawling upon the side of the crate when the festival starts. The crate reads, See the amazing Sphinx! Definetly 120% real! Summoned by the magical prowess of Pavro the Magnificent Master of the Arcane! Pilferer of the Planes! Only 1 copper piece!

Once a few curious onlookers have glanced at the box Pavro flips on his favorite wide brimmed hat - purple with a large blue feather in it - arranges it to a jaunty angle, which happens to completely cover his forehead and calls out to the crowd,

"Ladies and gentlemen, allow me, Pavro the Magnificent, maginificent maker of magical monsters to dazzle you with my powers! All one hundred thousand percent real, and definetly not the results of clever trickery! In a moment I shall summon forth the fearsome terror of the sands, the mysterious reciter of riddles, the marvelous and mysterious Sphinx! And those of you with courage in your hearts and but the smallest of coin might gaze upon the beast for a moment. But before that to give you a taste of my power.."

Pavro swirls his arms and chants in an eery ominous voice and then makes a throwing gesture. A dog appears as if from nowhere some ten feet from the young Deverin and barks looking to Pavro and then trotting over to sit by his side.

"Yes I Pavro Deverin have the power to cast forth my will beyond the realms of mortal man, and summon forth small dogs and such!" Pavro mugs, winking and playing up the role of genial sheister, as he yanks the curtain aside to reveal the crate as empty save for a cushion.

"And now I shall call forth the dread beast itself, it will require but a minute, and I must ask you to stay back while I bind it to my will!" So saying he begins to twirl his left index fingers around as if winding an invisible length of twine around it calling out strange seemingly nonsensical words and rolling his eyes up into the back of his head occassionally.

At the last moment he steps forward and twitches the curtain closed just as a spotted feline claw lashes out from behind the curtain accompanied by an angry growl. The dog of course vanishes even as the creature appears...

"Have no fear I shall quell the savage beast!" Pavro calls crawling into the crate revealing the briefest flash of a shadowey form within.

Hidden behind the curtain the summoner grins at his eidolon Aressa, as he produces a piece of scrap cloth and ties it around her neck in what he hope might be taken as a crude seem.

"Told you I'd be able to get you to the festival Ress," he whispers smugly, even as he ties an exotic looking Varisian shawl over the Sphinx's glossy black shoulder length hair covering the glowing rune upon her forehead, much as he has the one on his own.

The Sphinx glowers at him, a practised look, and then sniffs haughtily,

"This was not quite what I had in mind. But I should have grown used to being disappointed by you I suppose."

"Everyone gets there in the end Aressa love, you are just a little slow that's all," Pavro replies winking as he crawls back out and swiftly pulls the curtain to.

"One at a time please, one at a time. Friends and pretty ladies get a peek for free!"

Just let me know of any funds I would need to spend to enact this plan, Pavro has a good deal of cash. Which is why he does not care about coppers and basically lets everyone see for free. Essentially he is trying to bluff by telling the truth in an unfeasible way, make sense? I'll roll a bluff and a diplomacy for trying to grab the crowds attention and lying, let me know if you need any more :)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Summon Monster ability 7/8

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Right then Marcoul, best make the most of today. It's going to be a long trip back to Magnimar, but it shall be easier knowing the people of Sandpoint know there are many paths open to them.

As the morning sun crests over Sandpoint, Marcoul closes a black leather book engraved with a silver upside down pentagram and whispers a blessing to the Dark Lord. Cleansing himself, and putting on his black doublet with red piping and a red silken cravat Marcoul finishes his outfit by donning his silver pentagram. Taking a few moments, he study's himself in the mirror. Tall with long brown hair and a neatly trimmed goatee. This is the face of controlled discipline.

As he steps down the stairs of the Rusty Dragon, he puts a large smile on his face. Yes indeed Marcoul, there are many paths a man may walk, but none have so many opportunities as that given by the Lord of Contracts. Such a shame that so few are wise enough to be able to handle the power they are given. That is the true shame

Stepping towards the newly consecrated cathedral Marcoul is quick with a smile, or a kind word. When questioned about his faith in Asmodeus, he is quick to point out "I know that some of the more extreme members of our clergy are all about hellfire and brimstone, but let me steer you towards more universally approved facets of Dark Prince's faith - such as the necessity to fulfill signed contracts and the everlasting crusade against the demonic filth... Indeed one always knows his place within our congregation and law, order and justice are valued tenants of our faith."

As Marcoul mingles with the towns folk he finally reaches the green yard surrounding the new cathedral. As members of the town move in and out of the new building, Marcoul is open and honest about his faith in the Dark Lord. "As I so swear on the Asmodean Monograph let me tell you the truth of Cheliax. Did you know good man that in Cheliax we allow religious freedom? Some will scoff, but it is truth. In some towns Priests of Abadar act as judges and Erastil’s worship is strong near the Barrowood and Whisper Woods. Indeed! Even Iomedae was originally Chelaxian as many forget. How fitting then, would if be for Sandpoint to return the same compassion that Cheliax holds towards Abadar, Erastil and Iomedae, by allowing this beautful cathedral to house an alter to the lord of contracts!"

Perform (oratory) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

As the festival goes on Marcoul will continue to converse with local town folk and slowly try to proselytize while not causing a "fuss"


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Vors gets up early and rolls his sister out of bed, goading her into getting ready for the big day. Once they're both up and about, they head outside. He digs five silver coins out of his purse and hands them to Evilina.

"Here, you go and enjoy yourself. Be sure to meet me back at the inn by sundown so we can head over to the cathedral for the dedication," he says, giving her a quick hug and watching her run off.

Vors will start off by sampling foods from various vendors, building himself a piecemeal breakfast. Then he'll stroll through the rows of stalls, taking in everything there is to see, stopping occasionally to enjoy a song or an act that catches his eye.

Finally, he'll head over to the games and see if any of them catch his fancy.


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Thandion gets up late when the noise of the merriment outside overwhelm his churning thoughts. Once out on the street he makes his way towards The Pixie's Kitten nearly oblivious to entertainment around him. However while passing a stall a small girl calls out "Sir, do you want a candied apple?.

Something about this cuts into himself imposed isolation. "They are very tasty." The girl continues.

Looking around he sees the festival for the first time as a new beginning not the end he had envisioned for himself. "You are right, today is too beautiful to destroy." Thandion says accidentally aloud.

"What?" replied the girl "Did you want one?"

Smiling he replies "Yes thank you." As the girl turns to her mother Thandion wonders What would we have been doing today, if it hadn't happened, would Mary have run a stall like this? Maybe with the youngest helping out. But today's not the for those thoughts either.

Going on his way he is now smiling and looking for entertain when he walks past Pavro's hastily erected stall and can't stop a small laugh from escaping when he exclaims that pretty ladies get a peek for free. Waiting in line he'll take his look at 'The Amazing Sphinx' and is pleasant surprised at Aressa. "You humans are truly amazing, alway making something new." he says handing over his copper and bowing his back under the curtain to the festival.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

"Pssh, no need for that Thandion," Pavro says waving away the coin, he does not actually appear to have taken any from anyone.

As he glances in the amazing Sphinx rolls her eyes and exhales wearily before raising a claw and giving a rather half hearted snarl.

The dark haired creature is beautiful in a rather severe way with what looks like the body of a leopard, the upper portions of a dusky woman a pair of vestigial feathered wings, and distinctly feline eyes. She appears to be muttering under her breath,

"I'm going to kill him, or tell some locals girls he has the pox, or that he's overcompensating..."


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

After overhearing repeatedly from passerbys the cheesiness but overall fun of the Amazing Pavlov's Dogs 'n' Sphinxes, Avian decides to head over to the stall to see what all the hubbub was about. He is surprised but in hindsight not shocked to find Pavro at the stall. Amadeus barks madly at the appearance of Pavro's summoned dog, but Avian orders him to stay by his side.

He is a little shocked to find a creature actually behind the curtain, but admires the apparent illusion of the sphinx for a moment before bowing out.

Is this the arcane talent you spoke of? That is an incredible illusion you've conjured. Or is it a clever disguise on one of your lady friends? Either way, you have far more potential than you are using. Why freeload as a wastrel at the Rusty Dragon when you could be a well-known performer or theater technician with your skills!

Your Diplomacy & Bluff were too high for poor Avian to see through, so I guess you succeeded in playing down the awesome power of your summoning :)


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro grins at Avian, and offers up a bow to Amadeus,

"Oh I could join the theatre, thought about it actually, but my mother threw a fit, "nobility cannot stoop to acting," and its just not worth the hassle. Besides its fun being a wastrel, and learning lines and such is probably tedious and dull. I'm looking for something a little more dramatic than drama anyway."


The morning passes uneventfully, all things considered.

Severus finds the crowds moving through the cathedral and it's courtyard large enough to make a full study of the columns near impossible. You give up and eventually make your way to The Curious Goblin, the local bookstore, finding a knot of local scholars gathered around outside watching the festivities. Sabyl Sorn is the lady that runs the local "monastary" of Irori. Chask Haladan, a older human gentleman, is the owner of the store. Ilsoari Gandethus, another older human, serves as the local schoolmaster, and keeps a small private museum in the basement of the school. Brodert Quint is younger than the others, but still comfortably middle aged, and is a scholar of the Thassilonian Empire with some radical theories about the Old Light on the edge of town.

Pavro draws quite a crowd, and easily makes enough coin to cover the small fee required to put up the crate. A few folks who know Aressa already keep their mouths shut, and fortunately for you, the few in town who would be able to recognize her for what she truly was and would eagerly call you out for it are content to stay near their usual haunt at the bookstore. You do notice, however, a strong trend among the young ladies to call you Puppy. It would seem you have gained a new nickname, whether you wanted it or not. At one point, Evelina stops by, and spends more time than most in the crate; when she emerges she just looks at you, shakes her head, and giggles as she walks off.

Thandion gets several greetings as he wanders about, with folks curious of how he's been the last few years. No one, and I do mean no one, mentions Chopper or anything directly related to him. Even mentions of the church fire are scarce. It seems that most people are trying to look forward this day, not back. Still, it comes up in the occasional awkward silence before someone rapidly changes the topic of the conversation. People can try to hide the past all they want, but it's still there, lurking in the shadows, waiting for it's chance to re-emerge and reawaken painful memories.

Marcoul, you find that for whatever reason, people are in a much better mood than usual to listen to you, and you think you might have even convinced a few people that the church of Asmodeus isn't entirely bad. Still, you're arguing against a strong prejudice, and you figure out very quickly these people value actions far more than words. You doubt that your actions thus far have had very little permanent impact one way or another.

Avian, you get some odd looks, but for whatever reason, you aren't really bothered all that much. Perhaps it's the festival air, or the influx of strangers, but no one seems overly bothered by you.

Vors, you can easily find any number of games. Games of chance, games that challenge your strength through any number of means, and any other game you would expect to find can be found in the main square and surrounding streets.

It's now lunchtime. Go ahead and post for the afternoon. The church dedication will be early evening and my next post.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro, as is his want, gets bored fairly swiftly and begins to spend more and more time offering to let women rub his belly and making allusions about his licking prowess.

He sends one of the local lads off to buy him a live chicken for Aressa - who doesn't really need to eat, but enjoys the taste and crunchiness. And while the Sphinx eats, noisily, he sits cross legged atop the crate drinking wine and eating a toffee apple.

Finally he decides to try his hand at serenading a small group with a bawdy sea shanty he has picked up some drunken evening, to his own surprise his song is well received. I'm a bloody legend, is there anything I can't do? Anything worthwhile I mean?

Shanty:

O' over the dockside, or so they say,
there's a barmaid whose curves,
take your troubles away!
She's as pretty as sunlight, after a storm,
and I bet in her bed, I'd be lovely and warm!

Sweet, sweet, Jilly my sweet,
when I come back from a sailing,
perhaps we could meet!
But your daddies a strongman,
eyes filled with ire,
but if I say I don't want you then I'd be a liar!

They say her mum was a mermaid,
her Pah caught at sea!
But if her downsides all scaly,
thats alright by me!
Most fishermen use hooks,
her Pah thinks that silly!
When he courts the mermaids he uses his...

Sweet, sweet, Jilly my sweet,
when I come back from sailing,
etc., etc.

Perform Singing: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Not much for games of chance, Vors tries his hand at a few tests of strength and anything that challenges his aim--archery, darts, rock-tossing, what-have-you--freely spending up to a gold piece or two in such endeavors.

Around lunchtime he grabs himself some bread, cheese, apples, and any handy meat sold conveniently on a stick, and finds himself a shady spot under a tree somewhere to enjoy his meal.


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

For lunch, Avian buys some fruit and bread from a street vendor while Amadeus finds a bone to gnaw. Since Amadeus is getting antsy from all the crowds, Avian takes him to one of Sandpoint's beaches to run and play in the waves. Once there, he removes Amadeus's pack saddle and keeps an eye on him while he rummages in the saddlebags for his signal kite kit to fly his favorite blue one just for fun, an activity almost as ubiquitous and relaxing to tengu of all ages as smoking is to old human men. He lets his mind relax while the kite catches the breeze and sails up high. Just for the heck of it, Avian decides to maneuver the kite to say "hello" to anyone who might understand Tengu.

Bluff Check to signal "Hello" (DC 15) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Thandion is cuts talk about the past short explaining has been working on trade caravans and then turns the conversations to current news from sandpoint.

Gather Information: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

He'll eat small pieces from lunch various stall and try his luck and any stall offering an interesting or new game of skill or luck. He'll spend some time looking through the market of temporary shops but won't spend much on anything perminant unless something particularly creative and beautiful catches his eye. Mid afternoon he'll wander up to the new church and spend the remaining afternoon looking around and praying at each of the 6 alters.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Sorry for the lack of posts today. Horribly busy day at work with physical exhaustion as a result. Just now able to think, let alone type normally.

Severus is immediately intrigued by Brodert Quint's controversial theories and hopes he'll take the time to explain them more thoroughly.

"I also have some interesting theories about the Thassilonian Empire. Specifically I think their view of magic (and as a result, reality) was significantly different from our own."

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Following his sermon, Marcoul wanders around the festival greeting random villagers and the local "great and good". Occasionally he will also stop to chat with a visiting merchant or vendor as well, trying to learn any news of local events or happenings around Sandpoint.

Gather Information: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Considering that I have been greeted as of late with curiosity rather then scorn, I believe I am making strides. So often people are afraid of law and order, when they should embrace it rather then flee. Perhaps if given a few years Sandpoint might become a bastion of order in the same vein that Korvosa has become, praise his Dark Name. All it would take is the right man to ease the people down the correct path.

Finding an hour left before the sun sets below the hill, Marcoul returns to the Rusty Dragon, and quickly dons his black silk cassock with a red silk cincture and his silver inverted pentagram. Now fully arrayed in the raiments of his faith, Marcoul decisively strides out towards the coronation of the Sandpoint Cathedral.

The crux of any good contract is to begin the process early and lay the due and diligent ground work. Tonight the people of Sandpoint need to see me in my full raiment and know I mean them no harm. Let them know that without Darkness there would not be Light, and even as they raised a cathedral to the gods of light, here was a servant of the Dark Prince present, watching it all unfold.


Thandion:
You can easily pick up the latest news and gossip. It's pretty much what you would expect, and most of it, you could already guess at from your previous time. The four leading families still hate each other. Tensions between the Shoanti and the settlers remain, although there are signs that perhaps the two sides are slowly learning to live with each other. Lots of people are having not-so-secret romances. Similar stuff. It's apparently been life as normal, more or less, since Chopper and the fire that destroyed the old church.

Marcoul:
Not knowing even where to begin, it's hard to get specific details, but you get the general impression of a town on the rise and people who, despite their efforts to push the dangers surrounding them and an often painful past out of immediate view, have a strong backbone and are not likely to break easily, even against giants.

As evening approaches, the two squares are cleared of stalls and long tables are put up along the side of both. Benches are collected from their previous spots around town and set in front of the main stage set up just outside the cathedral. There is a brief ceremony as various notables get up and give their own brief speeches and such as would be expected at such at event. Most of them are about as inspired as one would expect as well, giving the audience plenty of time to talk amongst themselves and/or nap. Finally, after nearly an hour of droning politicians, Father Zantus takes the stage and his actions indicate that the consecration is about to begin. Despite the numerous prognastications that something would interrupt them, they go off without a hitch, and before long, torches are being lit, and the long tables are being buried under a heavy weight of food and drink for the taking. The next couple hours see the party atmosphere amped up even more than before as food an alcohol are freely imbibed, as though to proclaim that not even darkness could stop this town and it's residents.

If you want to do anything specific in the next few hours, go ahead, otherwise, I need to know how much food and drink you partake of.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Pavro dismisses Aressa for a while to procure as much meat as he can carry for the Sphinx and samples all of the drinks on offer before heading back to the crate with a flagon of strong wine.

He then resummons his eidolon, with a great deal less showmanship, and sits happily atop the crate using message to converse with Aressa. He uses a carefully placed foot to hook the curtain back so Aressa can see, dropping it down when anyone approaches.

"Alright Ress its time for another thrilling game of whoooose the ugliest! The contenders are um, man with breasts there, hairy mole with the candied apple there, oh hairy mole do you really need to get fat to? And lets say square face and his friend gap grin there."

"I really should not encourage you, but at least you aren't leering at girl again. Fine, I'm going with man with breasts."

"Oh close, but the answer is... Hairy mole, because they are gross, and she could at least shave it or something. Besides I can multitask and leer while doing other things, I've been leering the whole time, have you seen Jenna Rilley's bottom today? Its a work of art, they should dedicate this cathedral to that bottom - its practically divine."

"Calm down Puppy." Aressa replies acidly.

"Oh no a scornful, yet affectionate nickname, which gives me ample room to say I like been petted and claim similarities to a beloved creature known for its affectionate licking. I am undone. What a clever Kitty you are, what a pretty clever kitty!"

Aressa snarls and hisses,

"You pompous little windbag, how dare you I am a being so far beyond your comprehension that you should..."

"A thousand pardons o' mighty Sphinx, perhaps this may assuage your terrifying ire,"

Pavro dangles a piece of cloth over the crates opening and jiggles it about.

"One of these days you are going to fall in love Pavro Deverin, and its going to be hilarious." Aressa snarls sulkily.

"Oh come of Ress, I've got more sense than that, besides you know you'll always be my girl."

"Pah, idiot."

Pavro has a few nibbles and gets fairly drunk, Aressa eats a lot of meat and enjoys crunching up the bones.


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Thandion is seen several times coming up to the tables and taking a small portion of many dishes and then moving away to talk to various locals. He seems to be having a good time but isn't seen with a drink in his hand. Even with out a sword he doesn't trust himself here.


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

Severus samples through all the food dishes offered as though cataloging the fare for his own purposes, but refuses most of the drinks, preferring the only slightly alcoholic apple cider.

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Following the proceedings of the dedication Marcoul will continue to wander about meeting and greeting the various locals. Marcoul makes it a point to meet each of the individual's who gave speeches during the ceremony, offering kind words or compliments and generally attempting to shift their viewpoints towards a more favorable light. Let me know if you want diplomacy checks. After all, I am an emissary of My Lord in Darkness, it costs me nothing to be polite. And like his example, patience is to be admired. Perhaps because of his training or from past memory's of his life as a noble of House Jeggare, Marcoul politely refuses any offer of food or drink, but he is more then happy to buy drinks for others should the occasion arise.


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Vors, by way of apology for her having to endure the tedious speeches, spends some time with his sister listening to her tales of the day's adventures, noting any items she's purchased during her time here. He'll eat a hearty meal with a single flagon of ale to wash it down. A large slice of pie for dessert should quell his sweet tooth. During this time he'll happily banter with anyone sharing the table with them.

After the meal he'll take the time to slip into the new cathedral for an evening prayer.


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Avian will eat a full meal of roast beef, cheese, bread and drink one goblet of fine wine, savoring it with his meal, while Amadeus will happily scavenge for any morsels that have been dropped.


Combat post may be slightly delayed as I just realized I hadn't transferred mapping program to new PC, it may be tomorrow morning if I don't get it done tonight.


I'm going to have to rebuild my Maptools image library from scratch, so I'll go ahead and try to run this one mapless to start, since the environment is pretty easy. I'll keep dinking around with Maptools and will post a map once I get it straightened out.

The scene is simple. The square is about 60 feet square. The cathedral is to the east. A large stage has been setup on the southeast corner. A road leaves the northwest corner towards the north gate. Tables, carts, and booths line the edges. The tables are mostly empty at this point, but still have a decent amount of food and drink on them. Chairs, benches are scattered about as people have moved them around over the last few hours. Torches light up the entire square, allowing everyone decent vision within the square itself, while the surrounding streets have enough torches to provide shadowy light. You are somewhere in the square eating, talking, and watching those around you.

Eventually the party starts to wind down, and at about midnight, Sheriff Hemlock gets up on stage and drops a thunderstone to signal time to find proper beds to the gathered crowd, and to start to cleanup for the servants. All goes well for a few seconds until someone screams "GOBLINS" and all hell breaks loose as people start to panic. You all see a good half dozen goblins leap out some of the wagons and booths scattered around the edge of the square.

Thandion:
It occurs to you sometime during this time that you haven't seen Lonjiku Kaijitsu all day, which is a bit odd considering that he leads one of the four founding families, and, despite his distaste for such festivals, would surely have at least made an appearance at some point.

Init Rolls:
Goblins 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Avian 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Marcoul 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Vors 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Severus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Pavro 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Thandion 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Aressa 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Goblin Surprise Round 1:
Any attack at more than 10 feet of range suffers a -1 and movement is at half speed because of the milling, drunken, and slightly panicked crowds trying to leave the square.

Combat Order (bold still to go)
Thandion, Avian, and Marcoul in posting order
Goblins
Vors, Severus, Pavro, Aressa in posting order

Aressa 7/7
Avian 9/9
Marcoul 10/10
Pavro 10/10
Severus 8/8
Thandion 10/10
Vors 12/12


Thandion wanks his sap out of his belt, and moves toward the closest goblin, but is unable to attack this round.

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Striding though the chaos of the event Marcoul's eyes narrow as the glances upon the creatures. Stepping onto the top of a table he calls out to the towns folk around him. Friends! Companions! Fear not of these ugly beasts! Cast them down with scorn and derision. Fill your heart with hate that these foul mongrels would dare to descrate, this holy event!

Standard Action: Sermonic Performance: Inspire Courage +1 (Su) Morale bonus on some saving throws, attack and damage rolls.


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

Avian drops the piece of pie he'd been eating and rushes toward the nearest goblin (move action) to move toward but not closer than 10 ft to the nearest goblin), drawing his pistol as he goes (free action). Not wanting to hit any of the fleeing crowd, he readies a pistol shot at the first goblin to come within 10 feet of him (standard action).

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Avian, for the suprise round you cannot take a move and a standard action.


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

I assumed I was acting in a regular round since none of us were aware of the goblins...I was kinda confused why the GM didn't take the goblins' surprise round first. I won't ready the attack, then, if I am in the surprise round.
EDIT: Besides, then how are you stepping on top of a table without a move action? Rule of Cool? ;-)


This is a regualar round. I guess the game of the combat is a bit confusing. The goblins spent their surprise round jumping out of their hiding places and attacking whoever happened to be closest.

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

My bad Avian you were right. Ok, regualar round it is. Move Action to get visable such as the top of a table, and then standard action to start Sermonic Performance (+1 save vs fear, + 1 to attack and damage rolls)


The actions of the goblins are as irrational as their presence. It would seem that being cooped up in a wagon all day did little to aid the already strained sanity of these creatures. One of the goblins tries to flee from a dog only to run straight into another one, and freezes in absolute terror. One of the goblins tries to imitate the priest's performance, only to get mocked by a couple of the other goblins. Only the two approached by the Thandion and Avian seem to keep their wits about them enough to attack, and even than the results are less than scary. The one on Thandion manages to hit the ranger with his blade, or at least he would have if had remembered to use the blade edge rather than the flat of his crude "sword," for lack of a better word. The one trying to attack Avian is even more comical. While he does manage to stick a bird, it isn't Avian, but rather a random chicken that had broken loose in the chaos. Not wanting to pass up a perfectly good meal, he proceeds to gnaw away at the still moving chicken, which is trying to peck back as it slowly bleeds to death, completely ignoring Avian. 3 more goblins climb out of their hiding spots, seemingly confused as to what precisely was going on, but enjoying the pure chaos nonetheless.

Round 1 Combat Order (bold still to go)
Thandion, Avian, and Marcoul in posting order
Goblins
Vors, Severus, Pavro, Aressa in posting order


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Vors is alarmed. While their antics seem comic, more of them keep appearing. Who knows how many there are or how they got here? Whatever the reason, it's a recipe for disaster. He turns to his sister as he restrings his bow.

"Evie, get into the cathedral. Grab who you can on the way...little kids, the elderly. Get them in safely and urge anyone else that ain't fit to fight to get inside. You see any of these critters coming for the doors, shut 'em fast."

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Drawing and nocking an arrow, Vors sights on one of the three that made their appearance this round, hoping to take them down before they can add to the chaos. However, he hesitates as townsfolk run past, losing his chance sending his arrow thudding into the side of the wagon.


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Forgive me for posting out of order here, but it seems unlikely it will matter a great deal.

Pavro, very merry by now, blinks at the goblins in surprise,

"Well blow me! You seeing little ugly people to Ress? Do you wann, ah, go deal with that you lovely tough Sphinx type? I'll just access the battlefield from here and supervise... Oh an [bigger]Armoriexvulnibray!" He chants the last in a deep eerie tone making a rather lewd hand gesture as he does so, which might upopn reflection be a rough outline of Aressa's form.

Aressa huffs, but bounds out of the crate with a blood thirsty gleam in here eyes and a wide razor fanged grin. Reaching the closest goblin she lunges its throat with a snarl.

Pavro meanwhile rises unsteadily atop the crate surveying the square, and giving Marcoul a nod.

Note if possible Aressa will try to move up and flank with someone, if she can avoid attacks of opportunity.

Aressa Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Pavro uses his stand to cast Mage Armor on Aressa, and his move to stand. Aressa moves out attempts to get in a flanking position if possible and then attacks a goblin.

Aressa Stats:
Aressa
Female Outsider Eidolon 1
CG Medium Outsider
Init +2 ; Senses Perception -1

==DEFENSE==
AC 20, 12 touch, 14 flatfooted (4 natural armor, 4 mage armor, 2 dex)
hp 7 (6 hd, 1 con)
Fort 3 Ref 4 Will -1

==OFFENSE==
Spd 40 ft
Melee +3 Bite 1d6+2
Melee +3 2 Claws 1d6+2

==STATISTICS==
Str 14, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 11
Base Atk +1, Cmb +3 Cmd 15


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

"Gah. As I said, deadly in numbers."

Severus draws out his hand crossbow and loads it, ready to release the small bolt on the next goblin that comes in range.

Move action to draw and I used a standard action to load the crossbow since I don't yet have a BAB of +1 or higher.


Male Elf (Tower Elf) Magus 3 AC 16/12/14 / HP 30/30 / F +4 R +3 W +2 / Init. +2 / Perc. +0 Arcane Pool 2/5

Should bring us back to the top. BTW last post I leave in 30 minutes

Macrcoul words seem to have an effect on Thandion as he quickly goes from calm and in control to very angry and scary.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Damage (non-lethal): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Intimidate (if I hit): 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 4 = 22 +4 for being larger than target. Target: The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target's Hit Dice + the target's Wisdom modifier. If successful target is shaken.

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Know good people of Sandpoint that yours is a righteous anger! Let it flow free! Drive out these villainous raiders. Take in your rage at the destruction of this, your holy day, let it make you stronger, faster! Burn them down with holy fire and silvered blade. Strike them down my friends in the name of law and order!

Clasping his silver inverted pentagram with his right hand as he gestures and points to the goblins with his left while ontop of the table, Marcoul raises his holy symbol to his lord the Dark Prince over his head and calls forth a blessing on his onlookers.

Cast Bless as a standard action, maintain sermonic performance as a free action

Bless fills your allies with courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects. Stacks with Semonic Performance


Male Human Scholar 3 (HP 18/23, AC 17/16/11, F+1 R+5 W+6 (+1 vs divine), Init +2, Perc +9, +1 to find traps)

In a quiet, but somehow clearly audible voice, Severus looks askance at Marcoul.

"Will you cease that infernal proselytizing? The last thing we need right now is more garbage in our heads."

He takes aim at the closest (unengaged if possible) goblin and releases a bolt.

Character-wise, I don't think I really find religious speeches motivating or encouraging, but if there's some mystical benefit from the spells that aren't morale-based, I might be affected by it. Perhaps in the future, Marcoul, while you are making inspiring speeches you might make some reference to personal ability, mental strength, that sort of thing?

Hand Crossbow
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Irritated nearly to tears by the religious evangelism, Severus's aim is focused and deadly.

Dark Archive

Male Human Cleric of Asmodeus (Evangelist) 3 AC 19/17/13 / HP 24 / F +6 R +4 W +8 / Init. +2 / Perc. +4)

Severus, You should have an additional +2 to hit and +1 to damage from my Bless and Semonic Performance. I'll do what I can, but Marcoul is an Evangelist afterall.


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

With a screech like a crow's, Avian fires on the goblin who attacked him, creating a loud boom and a puff of smoke, (taking a 5 foot step to get out of its threatened area if necessary.) He takes careful aim to make sure to hit the goblin where it counts using 1 point of Grit to utilize his Up Close and Deadly deed.

Attack Roll vs. Touch AC 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 (+1 Bless / +1 Sermonic Perform)
Damage Roll 1d8 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + (5) + 1 = 7 (Even if it misses, I will deal 2 pts of damage from Up Close and Deadly (half my extra 1d6)

Grit 3/4
Pistol Shots left 19

After firing, Avian with claws swiftly working his firearm in a blur of activity, takes a pinch of black powder, drops it down the barrel of his pistol and rams a bullet down with surprising speed (using a move action to reload).


Round 2 mid

The rest of the crowd is starting to either fight back or clear out, although it's still near impossible to do much at range. Aressa takes out one of the hecklers, putting her within range of the remaining heckler and the mimic, who continues to mimic Marcoul's actions. Thandion is not able to hit his, although that seems like less of a concern as it dives to pick up the chicken it's associate on Avian had been gnawing at before being blown away. The one being harassed by the dogs is kept at the game as Amadeus joins in the fun. Of the other three, one starts to move toward Marcoul, and is just able to reach him but not able to attack yet. Severus takes another one out, and Vors has one approach him, but that one is also unable to attack. You start to hear sounds of battle from a handful of the side streets as well.

Goblin Surprise Round 2 mid:
Any attack at more than 10 feet of range suffers a -1 and movement is at half speed because of the milling, drunken, and slightly panicked crowds trying to leave the square.

Combat Order (bold still to go)
Thandion, Avian, and Marcoul in posting order
Goblins (6)
Vors, Severus, Pavro, Aressa in posting order

Aressa 7/7
Avian 9/9
Marcoul 10/10
Pavro 10/10
Severus 8/8
Thandion 10/10
Vors 12/12

If you could include the Round # in ooc at the beginning of each combat post, I would appreciate it, as it helps make finding actions much easier.


Male Human (Taldan) Paladin 3 (hp 31/31; AC 18, t 11, ff 17; Fort +7/ Ref +4/ Will +6; Init +1; Per +2)

Round 2

At the approach of the goblin, Vors switches his bow to his off-hand, drawing his longsword and slashing at the thing.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

Round 2

"Ress help the Preacher," Pavro calls from his vantage atop the crate.
The eidolon snarls spitting goblin flesh from her jaws and hurtling towards the goblin advancing upon Marcoul.

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

I'm hoping that Aressa's 40ft. movement enables her to reach. If not she will move to attack a goblin that is closer to Marcoul hoping to down it on her way over.

Pavro glances about and bellows,

"Come and get me you snot eating, inbred, stinking little, maggot infested, midget bum lickers! I dare you!"

Diplomacy?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 I'm not sure I can do anything mechanical here, but worth a try I suppose.

Just in case any of the little gits ac tually listens to his bold words, the summoner readies himself to jump down putting the crate inbetween them.

Readying a move action, with a standard action.


Aressa has no problem at all with the crowds. Something about being an angry sphinx like creature. Even the drunks can figure out to get out of the way.


Round 3

Pavro, the skill you would be seeking would be intimidate in this case.

3 more goblins go down and one of the remaining seems to look rather dubiously at Pavro, the crate, and the creature that just came out of the crate. He doesn't show any interest in getting any closer; in fact he looks to be wanting to get farther away, not wanting to find out if anything else is hiding in there. A few more of the townsfolk manage to shuffle out of the way, and though you still can't shoot at range, you can at least move about normally.

Goblin Surprise Round 3:
Any attack at more than 10 feet of range suffers a -1 because of the milling, drunken, and slightly panicked crowds trying to leave the square.

Combat Order (bold still to go)
Thandion, Avian, and Marcoul in posting order
Goblins (3)
Vors, Severus, Pavro, Aressa in posting order

Aressa 7/7
Avian 9/9
Marcoul 10/10
Pavro 10/10
Severus 8/8
Thandion 10/10
Vors 12/12


M Tengu Gunslinger (Pistolero) 3 / HP 20/22, NLD 0, Grit 1/4, AC 17, Touch 15, Flat 12, F +2, R +7, W +5 / Init +6 (+4 if no grit left), Perc +13, low-light vision

So does this usually happen at Sandpoint festivals or am I just lucky? Avian asks as he rushes toward the next goblin, stopping at ten feet away to take aim and fire precisely again.

Attack Roll vs. Touch AC 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10 (+1 Bless +1 Sermon)
Damage Roll (with Up Close and Deadly) 1d8 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + (1) + 1 = 4 (+1 Sermonic Performance)
Damage on Miss: 1 precision
Grit 2/4


Male Human Summoner 3 (Pavro HP 25/25; AC 18/12/16; F +2 R +3, W +2, Init +2, Perception -1) (Aressa HP 24/24; AC 22/12/20; F +4 R +5, W +0; Init +2; Perception +6)

"I don't pay that much attention as a rule, but I'm fairly confident we didn't hire these little buggers!" Pavro shouts back to Avian, grinning as he scans the crowds for anyone in trouble.

51 to 100 of 1,257 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadows of the Past All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.