Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows in Light

Game Master DEWN MOU'TAIN


1,851 to 1,900 of 1,961 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Mistress Tiedra thinks for a moment. Daria? Can't say as I recognize the name. But if you're looking for a seamstress, you'd best head over a couple of blocks to the north. If she ain't there, then you might be out of luck I'm afraid.

You gather yourselves up and head out into the bustling city. The oppressive heat hits you immediately and the throngs of people only seem to add to it. The buildings rising around you don't allow much air to move and it creates a rather unpleasant experience overall.

Following Velasan's directions, you find yourselves in a mercantile area, people calling out their wares and goods. Services of all kinds are offered for various prices. While you've seen them walking through the crowd, there seems to be an over abundance of Aiel in this section, many of them browsing or bargaining for the "Wetlander's" goods. The one thing that seems missing from most stalls is any kind of fresh fruits or vegetables. With the heat, many peoples' stores are drying up and what whithered examples you do see are selling for ten times what they normally would.

Keeping an eye out, you ask around for the person you seek.

Anyone can make a Diplomacy check to "Gather Info" to try to find Daria or her shop. Those who want to aid in this may do so, although please indicate this in your post. If you're aiding, then you're aiding. No deciding after the fact simply cause someone else rolled higher. ;-)

Also, as gathering info takes time (1d4 hours generally) if anyone is not participating in this, what else will you be doing? You don't have to do anything if you don't want but you are in a "market" area so shopping is an option or doing other appropriate activites.


Male Andoran Armsman 6

Jed will aid with the "Gather Information."
Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Jed keeps his eyes out for someone who looks like they may have used a seamstress recently, based on their clothing. Those he finds, he points out to Jasmine and the rest of the group, but leaves them to do the talking. Jed finds that his presence can sometimes be intimidating, and he doesn't want to scare people into giving them information unless he has to.


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

Fia will also aid with the info gathering: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Fiallain approaches her fellow Aiel, also inquiring after Daria as she and her companions weave through the busy streets. The heat doesn't seem to affect her, though you catch a mutter or two about 'elbow room'.

If she spots any of her former sisters, her hands begin gesturing..

handspeech:
"Do you know if the Car'a'carn's friend is in this city? The one with the golden eyes? I may need to find him if he is." diplomacy / gather info check if needed: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Init +5; Senses:Low Light Vision, Scent, See 2x far in daylight, Perception: +13

Ryland stalks behind the group, a small snarl forming on his lips as he moves through the crowds of people. The Boarderlander keeps his head down, attempting to not allow others to see his golden eyes.

Yeah, I don't see Ryland helping to much with diplomacy.


m human, Andorian Asha'Man 14 initiate

Wearing the black coat buttoned up to his chin, Jasper looks about, staring at random people, looking for threats to come. The large press of people, the ducking, the screaming, the shouting, the hollering, it is too much for Jasper. Images of Dumai Wells, the battle, the screams, the slaughter, flash in his head.
People brushing against him startle him, words that should be heard are drowned out in a rapidly rising roar in his head.
Breathing heavily, eyes flashing about, Jasper feels the pressure to escape.

Embracing saidan, Jasper suddenly pauses. The detachment in the void brings to him a sense of peace, tranquility. The roaring in his head is subsummed by the roar of the crowd. A slight smirk touches his lips, scaring off a couple kids. Dropping saidan but not the Void, Jasper appears relaxed, calm.

in a cold detached voice, Jasper steps up to Alathea, a hand goes to her shoulder and gives a reassuring squeeze. i am right behind you.

with that, Jasper walks with Alathea as the rest of the group talks to people looking for this lost woman.

a slight itch seems to reveal itself as he walks about. a small buzz at the back of his head. at one point, Jasper concentrates on it, and is not surprised to discover what the itch is.

more the voices begin to say
more the voices whine, falling away to a simple hiss.


Female Domani Wilder 1/Initiate 4/Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah 4

Jasmine begins approaching various merchants looking at cloth and asking prices for having a dress made. During the conversation she asks about the other seamstresses in the area with the impression that she is shopping around to see whom would be best for making her dress. Once she has a few names she starts inserting Daria's name in among them to see what people think of her and where her shop is located.


Female Domani Wilder 1/Initiate 4/Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah 4

Sorry forgot to roll. Diplomacy (Gather Info)1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 + 2 = 24

(+5 if with a male)


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp 36/52, weaves remaining 6/6/6/4/3/2/1

Alathea follows Jasmine quietly, only speaking to interject a question for detail or clarification every so often. Jasmine seems to have the questioning well in hand, and her own mind is on other things, namely Jasper. He appears to be well now, but moments ago it looked as if he was back at the battle. I hope that his sanity is holding.

Alathea will attempt to assist in Jasmine's Gather Information roll. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


After a few hours of searching and asking around you manage to find your way to a nondescript shop amongst many others. Unlike the shops around it, this one appears to be closed despite the bustle of people in the streets around it and in the shops next to it. The door is closed and the windows are shuttered.

Jasmine makes her way inside a neighboring shop and browses the goods for a moment before approaching the owner and asking about the closed seamstress shop. He finishes writing something in a ledger before closing it and looking up.

Hmm? Oh that shop. Yeah that's Daria's alright, fine woman and an excellent hand with a needle. Haven't seen her in a while though, her place hasn't been open in about a week. She simply just didn't show up to open one morning. Figured she was away on personal business although given the struggles everyone is having in these crazy times maybe she decided to pack it up and move on.

He smiles at Jasmine and waves his hand around his shop. Can I interest you in some of my fine wares? If you're looking for a new dress, then you might want some of my fine jewelry to go along with it. I've got a lovely necklace that would look grand on you, from the Sea Folk isles of all places.


Female Domani Wilder 1/Initiate 4/Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah 4

Jasmine smiles at the woman and browses for a few minutes more, sampling various fabrics and jewelry pieces. A Domani merchants daughter through and through she sighs over the pieces and compares them to others she has seen in the market stalls. Finally she says that she will have to think about it but will come back after she has seen what some of the other merchants have.

Heading out to the group she tells them what she has found. Jed would you head around the back and see what the building looks like from the rear. We may need to find a way in if it is locked.


Male Andoran Armsman 6

Jed nods to Jasmine. "Ryland, why don't you join me? Maybe you'll notice something I don't."

Whether Ryland joins Jed or not, he'll head to the back as requested and search around for any clues as to what may have happened. It has been quite some time since Daria has disappeared, but he checks for tracks and such anyway, just in case. He also looks to determine whether there is a back door or any windows. He checks the locks on anything he finds.

Is the building just one floor?

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Jed and Ryland do a quick check of the building perimeter but neither seem to notice anything out of place, at least any more so than a closed shop would indicate.

The shop is a two story building, the shop on the first floor and what appears to be a living area on the second. Facing the shop from the street, there is another two story building that abuts Daria's on the right. Directly on the left is a narrow alley that Jed and Ryland went down. This leads to a small alley that runs behind a number of the shops, parrelling the street. There is a locked back door that would seem to lead to the shop as well as a staircase that leads up to a small balcony with a door into the second floor. There are no windows on the first floor except for the front display windows but there are a number of windows around the second floor, further giving the impression that it might be a home above the shop.

Returning to the group, the crowds continue to bustle along the street. Jed and Ryland report on the layout that they can see from the streets and other than the fact that the shop has been closed for a week, there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary from outside.


m human, Andorian Asha'Man 14 initiate

Nodding to the information that Jed and Ryland present, Jasper speaks up above the roar of the crowd in a dead voice

Ok. My turn

Beckoning the others to follow him, Jasper walks to the back door. Wrestling control of saidan, Jasper turns into back yard. In mid step he channels some small flows of air around the door knob and wrenches the knob out of the first floor door.

Shoving the door open jasper stops and looks about, looking for signs of a struggle, in both physical and with the one power.

perception check taking 20 33
weavesight check for one power usage (-15 for length of time) taking 20 23


1d20 ⇒ 15
Just a friendly reminder that you are very noticeably breaking into a store during the middle of the day. Feel free to adjust your post, otherwise everyone else please let me know what you're doing while Jasper is doing this.


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp 36/52, weaves remaining 6/6/6/4/3/2/1

Alathea listens attentively to Jed and Ryland report their findings. It's not surprising that this Daria appears to have fled; even the rumors and insinuations about the battle that would have likely filtered back to such an informant of the Aes Sedai would no doubt be terrifying. She cannot fault the woman for wanting to flee.

At Jasper's self-appointed seizure of command, Alathea looks up in alarm. That voice again! Something has certainly changed for the worse with him! But she keeps her fear from her voice, and calmly asks "Jasper, what exactly do you think you are doing?"


m human, Andorian Asha'Man 14 initiate

In a distracted tone, Jasper says simply trying to see what happened in here, if anything happened for that matter. Isn't that what you are doing?


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

There doesn't seem much help for it. Breaking in now is risky, agreed. Our other option seems to be to wait for dark and try then. Is there anything else we can do to find her in the meanwhile? If we don't go in now, it seems a pity to twiddle our thumbs when time is somewhat limited.


Female Domani Wilder 1/Initiate 4/Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah 4

Jasmine's eyes widen as Jasper destroys the lock. Well that is one way to do it... she says wryly. Perhaps next time we are a bit more circumspect yes? Turning to do damage control with the locals, Jasmine goes and explains that Daria may be in danger and we are attempting to help her. She makes sure her great serpent ring is prominent.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26


m human, Andorian Asha'Man 14 initiate

so the back alley way is crowded as well? cuz i went to the back door and popped the lock there.


The back alley wasn't crowded but it also wasn't deserted. I'll have an update posted shortly.


Jasper weaves flows of the Power, the door bursting open loudly. Inside some light filters in through the back door and the front shop windows but otherwise a quiet gloom hangs in the air, things difficult to see from outside. Jasper moves towards the entry way.

Before I go any further or update things, I need to know what everyone is doing/planning on doing in this situation. Jasper is planning on going into the building. What else is everyone doing?


Male Andoran Armsman 6

Jed stops Jasper from entering the shop, lest there be someone waiting inside. He quickly dons his Warder's Cloak and enters the room himself, sword still sheathed but ready to be pulled should someone be inside. He moves in as quickly and quietly as he can, scanning the immediate area. If he doesn't find anyone or anything dangerous, he'll motion for the rest to come in while he continues his search. If there are stairs to head up to the living quarters above, he waits until the rest of the group are in before heading up the steps.

Stealth w/ cloak: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

Fia waits with the others until Jed beckons for them to follow. Even though it was more or less what she had been expecting, the gloom inside the shuttered up building makes her skin prickle. I don't like this. she states to no one in particular. I should be allowed to have my spears if we're chasing who knows what.

Her quiet grumbling hushes though when Jed beckons them into the building and she is one of the first inside, edging past Alathea. Her hand rests on the hilt of her dagger as she surveys the room, alert and searching for anything or anyone seeming out of place.


Init +5; Senses:Low Light Vision, Scent, See 2x far in daylight, Perception: +13

Ryland makes his way into the room behind Fia.
As he moves past the wise woman the woodsman hears her statement and turns to her and shrugs. "Give me your spears and I will cary them. If you needed them you can take them from me. Unless that is not allowed either."


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

Fia looks over her shoulder and gives the woodsman an appreciative smile. I may take you up on that. I would feel better knowing they are near, even though I am not really supposed to use them...but then again a month ago the wise ones would never have taken part in battle either.

hopefully I am remembering the wise one's prohibition against fighting and weapons correctly. It has been quite a few years since I read the books. :)


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp 36/52, weaves remaining 6/6/6/4/3/2/1

Alathea hesitates before entering, knowing that she and her companions are violating one law or another by breaking into the seamstress's shop. But she realizes that with the deed done, she will face consequences whether or not she actually goes in, and waiting around outside a broken-down door will probably draw even more unwanted attention. She steps through the doorway after Ryland and looks around attentively.

Assuming that she doesn't see any obvious threat right away: Seeing nothing all that unusual, Alathea waits until her companions are all in the building and turns her attention to the broken doorway. Although she cannot unbreak it, she can at least try to put it back into place so that a cursory inspection won't reveal their break-in. I suppose how easy that is depends on how broken the door is. Jonasty? Once done, she calls out in a cautious voice, just loud enough to carry through the darkened shop. "Daria? We wish to speak to Daria, yes?"


m human, Andorian Asha'Man 14 initiate

Watching everyone walk past him, Jasper just grunts out loud Well, sure, why not have everyone walk in like a cows to a poisoned pond


Moving into the first floor shop, nothing jumps out at you as being out of place. Spools of fabric are stacked in shelves along the walls along with some that hang from the wall for display. There are a few half-finished gowns of good quality on manequins around the store. There is no sign of a struggle and checking the front door it appears to be locked. There is no response to Alathea's words as the silence returns.

Looking around there doesn't seem to be any means of entry to the second floor from within the shop, only the staircase on the back of the building.


Init +5; Senses:Low Light Vision, Scent, See 2x far in daylight, Perception: +13

Ryland shrugs and walks outside and begins to climb the stairs to the second floor.


Female Domani Wilder 1/Initiate 4/Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah 4

Jasmine goes up the back stairs and knocks on the door.


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

Fia follows up the stairs.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

Taking a liberty to get this party started

random dice roll1d20 + 16 - 15 ⇒ (16) + 16 - 15 = 17

Ryland climbs the stairs, his eyes darting back and forth, up to the top, and out to the back alley, scanning for danger. His nostrils begin to flare as he attempts to pick up unknown scents that could still linger, but his woodsman common sense tells him it is pointless to think he would be that lucky.
Jasmine and Fiallain follow him, Jasmine pausing a moment to have Jed stay at the bottom of the stair case and guard it. His grimace and his worry through the bond is enough to let Jasmine know that he does not agree with the idea, but he trusts her in her decision.
At the top of the stairs, the door is found to be locked, yet a small window pane has been broken open, its glass littering the floor on the inside entry. Odd, for a door to be locked but the window broken in Ryland mutters as he unsheathes his sword.

Jasper continues his inspection on the first floor, feeling as if something is off. Something isn't right here. he mummers in his dead voice to Alathea as she walks to the front door. Alathea nods, finding herself nodding with him. This place does feel off. Almost, twisted. She thinks to herself as she looks out the door. Pausing, she tilts her head back the way she moved, as if like a bird looking for a worm. I felt something, odd she whispers in her head. Slowly bobing her head, she feels it, a minute amout of the One Power was channeled, on the front door lock. Kneeling down, she scans the lock, slowly picking out the incredibly faded residue. Yes, this door was opened with Saidar.

Alathea, you have learned a new weave. I dont have my copy of under the dragons banner here, but once i get to work tomorrow i will post what it is you learned.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

Alathea, You have learned opening the way found on page 79 of UTDB


Female Domani Wilder 1/Initiate 4/Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah 4

Jasmine reaches through the broken pain to see if she can unlatch the door from the inside. Once the door is open she will allow Ryland to go first before following into the home.


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

Fia brings up the rear of the trio, eyes alert and watchful as she follows Jasmine into the upstairs room.


Init +5; Senses:Low Light Vision, Scent, See 2x far in daylight, Perception: +13

Ryland moves into the room and away from the door.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

Ryland and Fia step into the room, each stepping aside to allow Jasmine in behind. The sight that they see is astonishing.

The upstairs appartment is ransacked. the cupboards broken off the walls, pots and pans littering the floor, the table chopped into small pieces, the floor itself looks ripped up in some places. A small couch and chair have great rents in the fabic, straw and goose down ripped out and thrown across the floor.
The single bedroom's door is hanging by a hinge, the door twisted on that lone hinge.


Female Domani Wilder 1/Initiate 4/Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah 4

Jasmine looks around the room and says It seems they were after something. Whether they found it or not is the question.


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

Yes, but who are they? And what were they after? What happened to the seamstress? Fia begins going through the room as she speaks, looking for anything that might be a clue as to the answer of her questions.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

Jasper and Alathea

As you both wander about the lower level of the building, a distinct smell begins to fill your noses, blotting out the outside smells of humanity. Instead it smells intense, hard, sickly. Searching for the source of this smell brings you into a small central closet with a closed door. The intense smell is strongest at this point.

Jasmine, Ryland, and Fia

As Fia steps into the room and starts searching through the belongings, Ryland picks up a pungent sent. Flaring his nostrils to catch more, He steps into the room, searching. The scent puzzles him; its sweet, yet in a manufactured way. It reminds him of grease used on gears, or on ships to keep water out. The source gets stronger towards the center of the flat, where a single closet sits, its door closed.

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Fia, searching through the mess, makes an interesting discovery. Pale pieces of something lay scattered about an upturned chair. Righting the chair, Fia discovers gouges scored into the wooden armrests. One of the pale things sits embedded in the wood, a slight brown stain coating one side. Squating down and peering closely at it, Fiallain realizes that she is looking at a fingernail driven into the wood with enough force to tear it off of the finger. Glancing down, she easily counts another 7 fingernails.


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp 36/52, weaves remaining 6/6/6/4/3/2/1

Alathea stands at the door to the closet and chokes back her revulsion. Something bad has happened here, and she has the feeling that the task set for her companions has delivered her into another mess of the likes she had just escaped. Where will it end this time? Being sworn to the Dragon Reborn and all but expelled from the Tower are bad enough, what will this lead to?

Instead of expressing her concerns, Alathea keeps her face and voice calm. "There is only one way to find out what has happened here, yes?" Reaching for the door handle, she carefully pulls the closet open.

My apologies for my absence! I was unaware that we'd started up again.


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

Torture... Fia grimaces, pulling one of the nails free and holding it up for Ryland to see. I don't think this was a simple ransacking of an empty shop. Fia frowns, letting the nail drop to the floor. Something very wrong took place here.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

Whew. glad to have you back alathea. [ooc]

[ooc]downstairs

Ref save alathea1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
ref save Jasper 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Grasping the door handle, Alathea pulls, slowly. At first the door is resistant to being opened. Pausing a moment, Alathea grabs the handle with both hands and jerks hard, forcing the door open with a horrendeous screech, and an odd tearing noise.
Unable to react fast enough, Alathea stands still and looks on in horror as an odd shape falls out of the closet, its contents spilling out and covering her front half. Jasper, hearing the odd tearing noise, spins deftly out of the way, narrowly avoiding the strange liquid.
In a gruff voice, Jasper asks You ok, Alathea?

upstairs

I will wait a little bit, till tomorrow, to see if anyone posts


Init +5; Senses:Low Light Vision, Scent, See 2x far in daylight, Perception: +13

Ryland nodds his head at Fia and grimaces also. "Somethings in here. Can't you smell it?" The Boarderlander takes hold of the closet handel and attempts to open it.


Female Domani Wilder 1/Initiate 4/Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah 4

Jasmine seeks calm and embraces the source, preparing herself for any more...surprises.


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp 36/52, weaves remaining 6/6/6/4/3/2/1

Alathea steps back from the closet, her hands held awkwardly in front of herself as if she's unwilling to make contact with the material that's spilled on her. After a moment, she regains her composure and wipes her hands on her dress, then kneels to examine what's fallen out of the closet. "I am well, Jasper. I was just caught unaware; I will have to be more careful in the future, yes?"


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

Now that you mention it, yes something does smell...odd. Fiallain walks up behind Ryland and peers over his shoulder as he goes to open the door...


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

Upstairs

Ryland picks his way through the trashed apartment, and grasps firmly the closet handle, joined by Fia standing next to him. Giving a strong pull, the door opens up half way with a horrific scrapping noise, like a file on a sword, and a flash of bright white light.
With a questioning look on both faces, Ryland and Fia both look inside the closet and see a shower of embers falling to the wet looking floor and the large jug sitting in the center of the room.

for half damage DC 15
Ryland1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Fia 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

The liquid suddenly ignites and a loud explosion rips out the sides of the small closet, throwing shards of wood and the strange flammable liquid around the room. Recognizing the danger a moment before ignition, Fia and Ryland throw themselves to the floor.

Ryland 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 1) = 12
Fia 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 4) = 15

Downstairs
Kneeling down, Alathea and Jasper just start to look at the contents that spilled out of the large jug when they hear a dull screech, like a whetstone on a sword. Turning his attention to the floor, Jasper pokes his finger into the viscous fluid, Jasper rubs it between his fingers.
Its sticky? And smells too he snorts as he inhales.

A sudden explosion rocks the upstairs, driving chunks of flooring in the floor around them.

shrapnel damage alathea 1d6 ⇒ 6
Shrapnel damage Jasper 1d6 ⇒ 4

Stinging from wooden slivers, Jasper and Alathea glance up and see large globs of fire begin to fall from the ceiling to the wet floor below.
Looking from the flames to Alathea, and her dress soaked in the strange substance, Jasper makes a snap decision. Dont resist He barks at her.

Without waiting for an answer, Jasper throws weaves of Air around Alathea, encasing her in an airtight cocoon just as the flaming globs impact the floor, causing flames to snap into existence as the rush along the first floor, flaring up around Jasper and sealed off Alathea.

Jasper reflex save vs Flames DC 201d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Jasper fire damage 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 2) = 7


Human (Aiel) Algai 2 / Wilder 5 / Wise One 2 HPs (89) | F+ (10); R + (10); W+ (12)| Perc +17
Spoiler:
Weaves Remaining: 5/5 0lvl; 5/5 1st; 5/5 2nd; 4/4 3rd; 2/2 4th; 1/1 5th

Fia flings herself to the ground just as the substance ignites, sending wooden shrapnel throughout the room. Her arms cover her head and face as she buries herself against the floor. Sharp jabs of pain hit her as bits of wood splinters pierce her flesh. As the dust begins to settle, she moves slowly, coughing at the dust and smoke left by the blast.


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp 36/52, weaves remaining 6/6/6/4/3/2/1

Alathea does not resist when Jasper wraps saidin around her; she's too shocked at the unexpected explosion. As her shock wears off, she gingerly touches her wounds and looks fearfully out of the cocoon at the spreading fire. "We had best find the others, then get out of this building as quickly as we can before it comes down on top of us. I think that this fire is beyond control, yes?

1,851 to 1,900 of 1,961 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Jonasty's Shadows in Light WoT Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.