Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shadows in Light

Game Master DEWN MOU'TAIN


1 to 50 of 1,961 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass leaving memories that become legend, then fade to myth, and are long forgot when that Age comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose within the Aiel Waste. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

Crossing the Spine of the World, south and west the wind blew past the Topless Towers of Cairhien and the ruined city outside its walls, the once boisterous city of Foregate. Now a smoldering ruin, the hot air stirred ashes and embers as it blew thru the refugee packed streets. Men and women eyed each other askance yet even more so the thousands of Aiel that seemed to pack the streets. None could get used to seeing these savages dealing openly with the Cairhienen.

On the wind blew, passing through the streets of Camelyn to furl the banners streaming above the palace of Andor. A white banner unfurled in the furnace-like blast of air, the long forgotten symbol in red and gold undulating in the air. It was known now as the Dragon Banner and only now were people starting to get used to seeing it fly over Camelyn. Rumors choked the streets as to what had happened up on the hill but everyone knew that it involved use of the One Power and that the Dragon has won the day. A tall young man practicing sword forms stopped and listened to the breeze as if hearing something on it. His deep gray eyes took on a hard aspect as he began to move even faster, all but ignoring the crowd surrounding him.

South the wind carried, the heat only increasing as it moved over the land until it gusted through the camp of a band of travelers. Horses whinnied and tents flapped as the air, which stank of death and decay, blew through the group and caused them all to flinch in apprehension. They had been traveling together for some time, heading towards Camelyn. They each had their own reasons for being in Illian initially but they all ended up with the same reason to leave. Hunkering down they all sighed slightly as the wind moved on, setting their camp for the evening and trying to forget the unnatural feel of the wind.


m human, Andorian Asha'Man 14 initiate

on three...
1
2
3
sighhhhh

"oh man, jak didnt sigh with the rest of us!"


Jasper Firewyn wrote:

on three...

1
2
3
sighhhhh

"oh man, jak didnt sigh with the rest of us!"

What?


Male Andoran Armsman 6

Jed grabs hold of his cloak as the wind blows past the traveling companions. He crinkles his nose at the smell of death and decay the wind brings with it. Not long after, the group sets up camp and Jed goes about his ritual evening activities. He starts by grooming his horse, Delilah, a fine-looking, though small, mare with a brown coat and large white spots. Speaking to her in a soothing voice, Jed feeds her a special treat, an apple that he cut into quarters. It is the last apple he has for this trip.

When he's done brushing her coat and relieving her of her saddlebags, Jed sits by the fire that has already been started and pulls out his sword. He spends a few minutes polishing it and sharpening it with his whetstone before looking up at the group settling in.

"So, who would like to make dinner tonight? The pot is over with the saddlebags if we're having stew again." Jed was getting tired of stew, especially the bland stew they've had to serve recently having run out of the more savory spices.

Despite Jed's businesslike demeanor as he works on his evening routine, he is in a rather good moods. He looks up at Jasmine and smiles. We really have been through a lot together, haven't we... he thinks silently to himself. Then his gaze turns to the rest of his companions. We all have.

Jed was still coming to grips with the two channeling men in the party, but the more time he spends with them, the more he has come to realize they are human just like everyone else. Just very dangerous humans, in ways that Jed simply doesn't understand.


m human, Andorian Asha'Man 14 initiate

Catching Jed's eye, jasper looks at him with a questioning look.
"did you get hit in the head again, Jed? you know the rule. He" jasper pauses to lear at Jasmine "or she who asks about dinner is therefore required to make dinner."

dm:
my first post was a play on your intro..."everybody sighs"


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp -9/52, weaves remaining 4/6/6/3/3/2/1

Alathea looks up at Jed's inquiry. You are the one who wants to be a warder, she thinks, you should be the one doing the cooking. But she knows that such thoughts are unfair: during this past journey, she and the rest of her companions have all had to do their share. Jed had stepped up many times to lend assistance when she had not expected it of him, and she and Jasmine had certainly done things that she would have never expected a prospective Aes Sedai to do.

Pulling herself to her feet, she says, "I suppose it's my night to cook. I'm sorry, but it looks like we're stuck with stew, unless you'd like to eat your food raw." She smiles to let him know that she means it light-heartedly. The man sometimes looks at her like she was likely to make him into stew, despite the fact that she's never been anything but polite to him.

Alathea catches Jed's smile towards Jasmine and smiles herself. She can tell that Jasmine means much to him, probably more than either of them are willing to share out loud. She hopes that someday, someone will feel that way about her. Don't be foolish, girl. You don't have time for that.

Besides, she does have someone who cares about her, even if not in quite the same way. She still smiles at the thought of Jak being with her again, and not planning on leaving in the next day or so like he always had in the past. It is almost like when they were children again, laughing and talking and forgetting their problems while doing so. Almost like it was before things went wrong.

She channels the briefest thread of Fire to light the kindling and begins to build the cookfire. Thinking about the past reminds her of her current problems. She glances over at Pace and shudders. I must help him. Why can't he see that I want to help? Doesn't he realize that he's doomed if I don't? The man is a threat: while he seems safe now, she knows it is only a matter of time before he can no longer hide his insanity. As long as he retains the ability to touch saidin, she will never rest comfortably around him. But until he lets her help, she doesn't have much of a choice.


Init +5; Senses:Low Light Vision, Scent, See 2x far in daylight, Perception: +13

Ryland walks into camp with his hood back, pausing for a moment then continuing to the cooking pot. The short but stocky man pulls two scraggily rabbits and a small game bird from a sack at his belt and lays them next to the pot. "This is all I could find worth shooting. I think most of the game is laying low because of this oppressive heat."
He moves to where he left his pack and bed roll prior to his afternoon hunt , and begins setting up his portion of the camp. It is strange for me to be here among these people. It seems everyone can channel except Jed and I, and he may as well be a warder to Lady Jasmine. Light help me.


m human, Andorian Asha'Man 14 initiate

i feel compelled to add my own internal monologe

jasper looks at everyone, thinking to himself:
Dancing with the Dark Lord is so fine,
Dancing with the Dragon is so subline,
Dancing with a Lady is so nice,
I hope She doesn't have lice

at that i bust out laughing really loudly, echoing through the country side.

at seeing ryland hoy, Ryland! need a hand?


Init +5; Senses:Low Light Vision, Scent, See 2x far in daylight, Perception: +13

Ryland sits on the ground and leans agianst his pack, toying with an arrow that looks a bit damaged. "Not unless you are a fletcher. Skipped this one off a rock after skewering one of those rabbits."


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp -9/52, weaves remaining 4/6/6/3/3/2/1

Alathea looks up from her quickly-growing fire and picks up a knife. "Thank you, Ryland. You've brought back more game than I was expecting. Will you pluck the pheasant if I skin the rabbits?"


Male Saldean Armsman 1/ Wilder 5

Pace sits on the edge of the camp trying staring out into the surrounding countryside his black woolen coat unbuttoned and the shirt underneath untied. He seeks the emptiness to ignore the stifling heat, lines of concentration slowly fading into a look of serenity.
Composure check to ignore the heat: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

As he rises Pace buttons his black woolen coat up to the top. Walking to the fire at the center of the camp Pace opens himself to the Source, the saidin raging like thunder in his ears. He reaches towards the pheasant with weaves of Air, pulling the fowl to himself. "I will pluck it. Ryland did his part already." The bird floats in front of him and feathers begin to fly off it's body.


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp -9/52, weaves remaining 4/6/6/3/3/2/1

Alathea's face pales and her jaw tightens, but she forces herself to relax. "Thank you, Pace. We'll make short work of this, and be eating soon, yes?" Turning away to hide her discomfort, she finishes cutting up the meat and adds it to the vegetables already in the pot, adds some of her quickly dwindling supply of spices, and gives the stew a few stirs with her wooden spoon.

Turning back to Pace, she makes herself meet his eyes and smile for him. Keep showing him that you're reasonable, and maybe he'll listen. She asks, "Have you ever been to Caemlyn before, Pace? I've been there a handful of times, but it's been a few years since I was there last." She pauses in consideration, then continues. "But you have been there, yes? You were...trained...there, were you not?"


Male Saldean Armsman 1/ Wilder 5

Noting the blood draining from Alathea's face, Pace looks down at the bird, his mouth forming a thin line. Fear, I always will be feared. Eventually, I won't even notice. "Actually, I was gated directly to the farm from Saldaea, and we weren't allowed into the city. I never even saw Caemlyn before I was sent to Illian. The countryside was green and lush though. He pulls out his dagger as the last feather is pulled off the pheasant.


Init +5; Senses:Low Light Vision, Scent, See 2x far in daylight, Perception: +13

Ryland watches the feathers as the are pulled by invisible fingers from his kill.
Light! how do you fight against a power like this? You can't tell when it is coming and, can't see it to block it! I have to remember to stay on their good sides.


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp -9/52, weaves remaining 4/6/6/3/3/2/1

The stew cooking over the fire is starting to smell good, and Alathea spares it the slightest glance to ensure that it is progressing well before she motions for Pace to sit down with her. "Yes, you do have the look of Saldaea about you. Where in Saldaea do you come from? What did you do there, before...before you went to this Farm?"


Male Saldean Armsman 1/ Wilder 5

After dressing the bird, Pace walks to the fire and skewers it. Squatting across the fire from Alathea, "I was a Lieutenant in the guard of a small city to the west of Maradon. There was ever increasing activity in the Blight, but I had a good bunch of men...I miss them." Pace looks off to the side for a moment, uncomfortable with talking about home. "What about you Alathea Sedai? From your dress I would have to guess Ebou Dari?" Pace's eyes are drawn to her plunging neckline. His face reddens a bit as he forces his eyes down to the cooking bird.


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp -9/52, weaves remaining 4/6/6/3/3/2/1

Alathea notices Pace's wandering eyes and smirks. "From my dress, yes?" More somberly, she continues. "You are right, I am from Ebou Dar. Not from the city, though, but just outside. I grew up on a farm there. I never imagined that I'd ever leave. I don't think I wanted to leave, but the Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, yes?"

Alathea is not much less comfortable with the thought of home than Pace is, but she is encouraged. Talking of home is the first time she remembers him opening up to her in the weeks that they've known each other. He seems like just another man now, she thinks, even if she hasn't forgotten the way he used the Power for something so casual just moments ago.


m human, Andorian Asha'Man 14 initiate

Jasper follows the exchange between Pace and Alathea. At a pause in the talking, jasper pipes up
"you know, im from Caemlyn. Gorgeous City. Some of the best sweet meats can be found on Guilder's ave. Small resturaunt, more like a hole in the wall. Locals, like myself, go there when the coin is in hand and burning. Course, that was my previous life, the life i had as a street urchin. Now look at me. A man wondering the world, working for the Lord Dragon, foiling plots, absconing with swooning maidens. Speaking of swooning maidens, i would have to agree with Pace, you have the look of an Ebou Darian. I heard that the women there are very much into...'swooning'" jasper finishes with a sly wink.

knowledge local check for knowing local1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

guess i really know it this day


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp -9/52, weaves remaining 4/6/6/3/3/2/1

Alathea glares at Jasper. "I may not be able to speak for any other Ebou Dari you may have met, but I certainly have no interest in 'swooning', at least not for you." She turns away from him with a sniff and smooths her dress. This one, on the other hand, flaunts his ability at the slightest opportunity. I don't think he's capable of being just another man.


m human, Andorian Asha'Man 14 initiate

Cackling with delight "HA HA HA! Oh you are a funny lady, Sedai. Very funny. Please, forgive my rude manish behavior. I do not know the proper fineries of talking to a lady, let alone an Aes Sedai. My mind may be thinking 'oh how the most perfect sunset pales in comparison to her beauty', yet my mouth says 'give me some sugar, baby'.
standing up, jasper brushes off the dust. "now, if you will excuse me, i have a camp to protect
Turning around, Jasper opens himself up to Saidin.
ahhhh...the power
jasper weaves Ward against shadowspawn as a level 3 weave, centered on him, inverts it, and then ties it off.

invert check1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
length of time for tie off: 4.5 days (if not unwoven)


Male Andoran Armsman 6

Jed looks up at Jasper with a small, barely noticeable frown on his face. He's been keeping an eye on him for some time now, after first noticing Jasper's penchant for stirring up trouble. The last thing Jed wants is a schism within the party. Still, despite Jasper's sometimes rude comments and strange demeanor, he hasn't done anything to put anyone in danger. And so, Jed is always polite to Jasper, but still not completely trusting yet.

Jed speaks up, trying to diffuse the situation. "Jasper, I've been to Guilder's Avenue a few times myself. You're right, the sweet meats there are spectacular."

"Alathea, thank you for making dinner tonight, it smells wonderful. And Ryland, that is a fine catch you've made today. We'll all sleep on a full stomach tonight."

Jed, now finished with taking care of his equipment, puts everything away and goes to sit by Ryland. "Where did you learn how to track like that? I've had some experience myself, from growing up just outside of Baerlon, but I can't say I'm anywhere near as good at it as you are."

Ninja'd! That's okay, my post still works out.


Jasper Firewyn wrote:
"oh man, jak didnt sigh with the rest of us!"

I always miss out! :) I'm gonna do a little catch-up here, so Jak can be set in the scene… bear with me.

The sudden blast of hot, near-putrid air knocks a pair of dark riding gloves from the saddle and onto the parched ground. Jak looks north once again with a shake of his head, his nearly-black eyes flashing accusingly towards whatever foulness brought the Light-forsaken wind. "I don't have a flaming clue," he mutters as he bends to pick up the gloves, giving them a casual slap against his thigh to clear the dust. His eyes go back to his saddlebags as he finishes his work, "Haven't slept in a bed in forever. Same old food to eat. You'd think at least we could get a break in this back-alley, midden-heap-smellin' wind." Jak was either talking to himself or his horse, Chance… a black, fast but moody warhorse of Tairen stock. Chance looked up and snorted testily at Jak as he finished pulling the saddlebags from the horse's kit, and Jak simply smirked and tested his tether one last time before turning to head towards the cook-fire. "Our luck'll turn around soon, though… it's gotta, right?."

Catching the end of the exchange between Alathea and the two Ashaman, Jak just catches the way the Saldaen's eyes linger for a second. He can't help but smirk at little Lath's (one of his nicknames for Aathea) response to the cocky Andoran's remark, and he casually drops his saddlebags next to his niece, "I'm actually amazed you survived Ebou Dar, Jasper. Remarks like that tend to get the men who said them filled with knives. Well… unless by 'swooning' you meant 'stabbing'. You'll have to introduce me to these Andoran women who enjoy that type of banter, though." Jak watches the young man as he turns around and does his particular brand of camp security… still obviously uncomfortable with him.

He sits down, rubbing his hands together emphatically as he looks at the food, "Ooooh, what are we having tonight? Please tell me it's stew. I love stew. I could never have enough stew. Stew's like.. my favorite. Drowning in stew would be my perfect death… good thing I decided to come on this trip, huh?" His words, while annoying, are accompanied with his always-disarming smile. "Oh, meat. Our boy Ryland's definitely carrying his weight."

Jak finishes with a cordial nod that encompasses Pace, Jed, and Jasmine. Light, Jak, you're getting stupid. Sitting in camp with a Aes Sedai and two of these Black Tower boys...

Just a heads up, Rylan, Jak wouldn't have ever channeled in front of you.


Jasper Firewyn wrote:

Jasper weaves Ward against shadowspawn as a level 3 weave, centered on him, inverts it, and then ties it off.

invert check1d20+12

Jasper and Pace, please see the discussion thread on this.

Update coming shortly.


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp -9/52, weaves remaining 4/6/6/3/3/2/1

Alathea nods her appreciation for Jed's thanks and smiles at Jak as he approaches. "The stew is probably ready to eat," she says, ladling it into bowls for her companions, "But since you aren't interested, Jak, you don't get any. Don't come crying to me when you're hungry. I can see as well as you can that there isn't enough pheasant to fill you up, even if you don't share any of it. You do, and you'll think that Mother was here to smack you on the head again."

Of course, "Mother" to her is "older sister Elina" to Jak. It still seems strange to think of him as her uncle, even if she's had to think of him as such her whole life. He certainly feels more like a brother than an uncle. I'm glad he's here. With him around, even the madmen don't seem so terrifying.


Jak instinctively rubs his head as he smiles his charmingest, knowing full-well his smiles only sometimes work on Alathea, "Come on, Lath... I'm just joking. You know I love your cooking."


Male Saldean Armsman 1/ Wilder 5

Pace gives a little smile at Jak's retorts. "Come to Saldaea Jak, the farm girls there are not afraid of a little banter. They may be a little more than you can handle though." Glancing at Alathea, he continues, "It seems like you are right about Ebou Dari women though, contrary to the story their clothing may tell."


m human, Andorian Asha'Man 14 initiate

ok. the weave can be seen


m human, Andorian Asha'Man 14 initiate

turning around jasper jumps back in "bah. Give me a tearian woman any day of the week. They at least have some meat on their bones. Although, i must say, Alathea's cooking is worth being a dagger sheath. Pity she went the way of the shawl. i think shed make a fine cook."
Jasper grabs his bowl and slops in a huge helping of the dinner.


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp -9/52, weaves remaining 4/6/6/3/3/2/1

Alathea smiles slyly at Pace. "Oh, come now. Given the right man, Ebou Dari women aren't shy, either. Even so, that doesn't mean that such a man is safe from our knives"

Although she'd never admit it to him, Jak's smiles do work the vast majority of the time with Alathea. She turns her smile towards him to let him know that he hadn't needed it this time. "And you know, Jak, that I love to tease you."

Her smile slips when she turns to Jasper, though. "And why does the ring," she stresses, since she's not yet attained the shawl, "mean that I cannot also cook? We are taught more than the One Power in the Tower, you know. Among these other things is logic. I've heard it once said that cooking is a science, and that all logical people can cook. Then it should not surprise you when I can cook, yes?"


The fire is almost off-putting wtih the oppressive heat not diminishing at all as the sun sets. Still it is a quietly peacefull night as everyone settles in.

The following morning comes and the sun rises on another already sweltering day. As people begin breaking camp, Pace, Jasper, and Jak suddenly sense saidin as a slash of light suddenly appears 20 feet outside of camp. The line rotates open until suddenly there is a hole floating in midair. The smells of cooking and animals blows briefly through the opening and in the distance many black-coated figures can be seen moving about.

Out of the hole steps a man, shorter than average in height although whip thin. His dark hair and eyes coupled with his height mark him as Cairhien easily enough. He is garbed completely in black, from his coat to his boots although the heat hardly seems to touch him. On the collars of his black coat you can make out a silver pin in the shape of a sword and on the other some kind of creature worked in gold and red enamel.

The hole suddenly rotates closed, cutting off the view from within it and it is as if it never happened, except for the man standing in your camp.

To note, until you take the relevant Prestige class you are considered the mid-step within the relevant organization. So Pace and Jasper are Dedicated, Alathea and Jasmine are Accepted.

Pace and Jasper recognize the man as Asha'man Sevram Deloval.

Jasper Weavesight: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14, (given you already know him as an Asha'man, assume you know he can channel)
Jak Weavesight: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Pace Weavesight: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26,

Pace:
Asha'man Deloval is a 17 to your 9.


m human, Andorian Asha'Man 14 initiate

jasper, upon recognizing Asha'man Sevram, immediatly drops his bowl and stands up. Giving the proper respect, Asha'man, it is good to see you again, as the wheel weaves. Would you care to join us at our campfire for some dinner? The Sedai makes a decent stew, much better than at the Farm.
the rest of the party should note a major demeanor change in Jasper. where before he was all cocky, under the eyes of a full asha'man, he is mature, confident.


Male Saldean Armsman 1/ Wilder 5

Pace stands immediately and embraces the Source as the gate opens. When he sees the figure step through the gate he stands even straighter, although he does not let go, using the chaotic battle with the Saidin to help keep him sharp. Take 10 on a composure check to gain the bonus to social skills. I don't have the book, so I don't remember exactly which ones, but I know diplomacy is one of them. I believe the DC is either 10 or 20, so I make it with the taking 10. As the black coated figure approaches the group Pace nods his head. "Asha'man Dloval, you are welcome to our camp."

Ninja'd, but it still works.


Male Andoran Armsman 6

Jed wakes up early the next morning to an already hot day. He immediately gets up, noting that he is one of the first awake (if not the first). He spends a little bit of time polishing his armor before putting it on and he tends to Delilah. He also gives Chance a little bit of attention.

Rather than wake the rest of the group, he allows them to sleep. They've been traveling for some time now, and a little extra sleep every now and then won't put them too far behind.

When the hole opens from out of thin air, Jed immediately tenses up and places his hand over the hilt of his sword, loosening it. He places himself in between the hole and the women of the party, ready to defend them should it be necessary. But his tension relaxes as it becomes clear that Pace and Jasper know this Asha'man. He remains very uncomfortable in the presence of yet another male channeler and he does not let down his guard. He does, however, release his hand from his sword's hilt and comes out of his fighting stance.


Caught unaware, Jak decides to fake sleep, hoping he can avoid yet another entanglement with someone from this Black Tower. For good measure he makes sure his face is away from the newcomer.

Dang.. missed the DC to determine power level by 1! Oh well... at least Jak recognizes the guy as a channeler, though context clues could have given him that much.
Bluff - to fake sleep 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27.


Female Domani Wilder 1/Initiate 4/Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah 4

[B]grrr I take one.measely day trip without a comp and miss all the fun lol. Still traveling and posting from my phone but should have something up in a few hours if unfortunately as that is the soonest ill have access to a comp. [/ooc]

Jasmine will stand up from the book she was reading when the slash of light opened. Calmly she embraces the source and fills herself to the brim. Holding the source she waits for the ashaman to speak.


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp -9/52, weaves remaining 4/6/6/3/3/2/1

Alathea is awake and packing up her belongings for the day's travel when the madman arrives. As she is clearly afraid of such a blatant display of male channeling, she has no problems in embracing saidar (if you think she would, Jonasty, I'll change this). Fearing for the worst, she holds it at the ready. Alathea knows that the two madmen she's been traveling with also use the power, but as of yet, they've shown few signs of insanity. She's never met the newcomer, though, and that makes him far more dangerous than Pace and Jasper. I am thankful that Jed is between us...

Alathea stares at the madman, watching for the smallest signs of a threat, but does not say anything or take any actions towards him. Yet...


Sorry, wrong thread... moved question to ooc thread.


Deloval looks smugly at the women, his eyes learing and cold. You have no need to channel around me Aes Sedai. I intend you no harm. His voice seems to drip with scorn at the honorific and his whole tone and posture seem to exude arrogance.

He nods briefly at Pace his voice more level. Release. Looking at him and Jasper he waves them over towards the remains of the fire, taking a seat on an upturned log. Seeming a lord on his throne he waits for the two men to approach, seemingly ignoring the others of the group although his eye does seem to linger briefly on Jak.

I come bearing a missive from the M'hael on behalf of the Lord Dragon. You will go to Tanchico to retrieve an item, a ter'angreal specifically. The specifics of it's use and powers are of no concern to you, needless to say this is something that the Lord Dragon wants destroyed if possible but taken if nothing else. It would be grave if it were to fall into the hands of the Shadow. The ter'angreal is a hinged bracelet made of dark stone that when fastened around the wrist resembles clasped hands. Whatever you do, do not put the bracelet on.

At this point Deloval stands and embraces the Source as he walks around the campsite. I will open a Gateway for you outside the city limits once I've studied the area appropriately. Ready yourselves.

Deloval stops and shoots a derisive glance at the women and Jed standing watchfully by Jasmine's side. Bring whatever ... tools ... you think you'll need.


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp -9/52, weaves remaining 4/6/6/3/3/2/1

Alathea's already freezing glare becomes, if possible, even colder at the madman's words. She certainly does not release saidar. Her impression of this man, already poor, sinks into outright loathing. Such arrogance to speak to Jasmine and I like that! I should think that even such a man should be cautious around the White Tower!

Through clenched teeth, she spits, "You come and order your...men...as you wish, but by what right do you insult the rest of us? Why should we whom you call "tools" assist in your mission when you show us such lack of respect?"


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp -9/52, weaves remaining 4/6/6/3/3/2/1

Despite her protestations, and despite her desire to prove to this pawn of the Dragon that he has no authority over her, Alathea knows that she will go with the madmen on their mission. It's her responsibility to watch over them and guide them. Like a shepherd, she thinks, Only my sheep are rabid and liable to attack those around them.


m human, Andorian Asha'Man 14 initiate

Jasper lets out a snort of laughter at the way Asha'man Deloval talks down onto the Aes Sedai.

At hearing the location is Tanchico, Jasper does a subtle cough Asha'man, Tanchico is supposedly fallen to those foreign invaders that hold female channelers chained, according to the stories. In fact, it was the Lord Dragon who first brought word and indeed, the stories say he single handedly fought off a strike force.

While glancing at his fellow male channelers, Jasper hears Alathea's remark.

Snapping his head around, Jasper lashes out Why? Indeed you would ask that, thinking that you are better than all others. Course the White tower would push that onto their pupils, making them think that the White Tower knows everything, is what is best for everyone, and woo be onto you for not following what they "suggest". Myself, and my fellow male channelers, have had to put up with being hunted down like dogs since the last Lord Dragon was here. Just the merest hint of channeling ability, and the Reds where on that poor man. They would just swoop in, shield him, and then "gentle" him. How would you like that? knowing that at any given time, a group of channelers could surround you, cut you off from the source, and then sever you from it? How is it called for you? Stilling?

As to why you should assist...simple. To keep an eye on us. To make sure we dont fly off the deep end and start breaking the world again. Isn't that what you take great delight in? i bet you just cannot wait for one of us to go mad, so that you can do the gentling.
I, for one, cannot wait to go to Tanchico. It will be interesting to see how you squirm knowing you dare not touch the source for fear of drawing "unwanted" attention onto yourselves...


Deloval listens calmly as Jasper says his peace before turning to address Alathea coldly. Do not presume to know me, woman. I neither sought nor asked for your help and frankly the Light can take the lot of you if you choose to abandon the Lord Dragon's need. These men know their duty towards the Dragon and Tarmon Gai'don. I won't presume to know why they travel with you or trust you but if they want your help in this endeavor then I won't deny them that.

Alathea manages to maintain her calm exterior as suddenly a shield of saidin slams between her and saidar. Jasmine’s eyes widening is the only indication she gives at the sight of her fellow soon-to-be sister’s sudden plight. But do not mistake this for weakness.

Alathea Will save, DC 18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15, Alathea is currently shielded

Let me preface this with the fact that I AM NOT TRYING TO SPLIT THE PARTY OR ANTAGONIZE PEOPLE! :-) We've all read the books and know what the different interactions can be like and that's it. That's why I'm trying to write things to really allow the group to undertake the tasks even if they don't agree with where they might come from.


Female Ebou Dari Wilder 6/(former potential) Aes Sedai 4
current stats:
hp -9/52, weaves remaining 4/6/6/3/3/2/1

Alathea flinches at Jasper's words. They had hit very close to home. Perhaps he isn't as much a fool as I had thought. A buffoon, to be sure, mocking and crude, but perhaps not a fool. She needs to be more careful around him.

Even so, Alathea does not answer his questions. Not with the strange madman here. She plans to speak to him later, when they have a chance to speak privately. She owes him an answer to his questions, at the very least. After all, why should he trust her if she hides her motivations from him? She owes him at least that much. Pace, too, even if he wasn't the one to ask such uncomfortable questions.

Alathea's reflections are cut short as the madman's shield cuts her off from the One Power. It takes all her self-control to remain calm: it would not do to let this man know that she can be intimidated. But inside, her panic consumes her. Oh, Light, I can feel saidin's foulness! Oh, Light, protect me! His words barely register with her, but she manages a slight nod to acknowledge that she's heard them.

No worries, Jonasty. My apologies if I come across as trying to split the party, as well. Like you, I have no intentions to do so.


Deloval turns to Jasper and Pace. You seem to trust these others which is good. Despite their arrogance, with a pointed although less venomous look at Alathea, there is a reason the Aes Sedai are to be feared and respected. Just know that so are you. And as to the dangers of Tanchico Jasper, should you be required to die to accomplish this task, I expect you to do just that. Never forget that you are the Lord Dragon’s weapon, to be used as he sees fit. With that he turns and begins studying the camp again.


Init +5; Senses:Low Light Vision, Scent, See 2x far in daylight, Perception: +13

Ryland's hands clinch into fist then slowly relax as he watches the exchange between Alathea, the newcomer and now Jasper.
Light! How do I kill one of these men? At a distance where he can not see me sounds best, but I have heard that if you can get close it is hard for them to channel under attack. If this keeps going I guess I will find out.
" I should have stayed in The Blight, at least there you could tell who the enemy was.
Ryland hand slips down to rest on his belt next to his field knife and waits.


m human, Andorian Asha'Man 14 initiate
DM Jonasty wrote:
Deloval turns to Jasper and Pace. You seem to trust these others which is good. Despite their arrogance, with a pointed although less venomous look at Alathea, there is a reason the Aes Sedai are to be feared and respected. Just know that so are you. And as to the dangers of Tanchico Jasper, should you be required to die to accomplish this task, I expect you to do just that. Never forget that you are the Lord Dragon’s weapon, to be used as he sees fit. With that he turns and begins studying the camp again.

indeed sire. at the Lord Dragons command, I do.

Jasper turns around and gathers up his meager belongings, making ready to leave.


Jak struggles to maintain his sleeping facade. Part of him wants nothing more than to jump up and step between Alathea and the black-coated man who is absolutely exuding power.

Don't be a Light-blinded fool, Jak. Keep your cool and keep your head down. You're not scared enough to channel a lick as it is.


Male Andoran Armsman 6

Jed feels a twinge of surprise, but realizes that it is coming from Jasmine. They've been bonded for some time now, but still Jed is not quite used to it. He looks at Jasmine and sees her eyes raise as she looks towards Alathea. I have no idea what just happened, but it wasn't good...

He lets everyone finish their speech before addressing Jasper, pulling him aside. Jed's tone is not antagonistic or mocking, nor is it overly polite. He just states the facts as he sees them, his expression as readable as a stone, at least at first. "Jasper, I cannot claim to know your past. But treating these women as you have been treated by the Aes Sedai is not the way move past the hatred that is so apparent between the White and Black Towers. We are your companions, whether you wish to treat us as friends or not. You have respect for your fellow Asha'man. I ask that you have respect for your companions as well. And defending one who insults your companions does not show respect."

Jed's voice shows a slight twinge of anger during the last sentence, though it is directed more towards Deloval for calling him a "tool." Jed will gladly listen to Jasper's reply before returning to Jasmine's side. All the while he is keeping an eye on Deloval, not trusting the man at all.

Should I go to Tanchico? I'll go wherever Jasmine goes...


Female Domani Wilder 1/Initiate 4/Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah 4

Jasmine has retained the cool serenity that is expected of all Aes Sedai during the exchange. Though she hoped that Alathea had not gotten so heated when the shield was slammed into place over her sister her momentary shock faded quickly into extreme focus on the man. This is no one to underestimate. Seeing that no harm is coming to her future sister though she returns to coolly state Should the Dragon Reborn require our assistance we will be happy to help. I believe the lesson has been learned Asha'man. If you would release her, it would be most appreciated. Diplomacy1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

Besides a short look, Jasmine completely ignores Jasper's rant. She will not sully herself by sinking to an argument with the man. I was one of those women captured you fool! Though she kept a cool front inside she was terrified of going back to face the Seanchan and their A'dam. I will die before becoming damane again. She thinks fiercely.


At hearing that the man had been aggressive towards Alathea, Jak rolls slowly in his 'sleep', using the motion to hide drawing one of his blades... positioning himself so he can make a throw if necessary.

Sleight of Hand 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20.
Let's be honest... mostly i'm looking for ways to seem a part of the scene. :)

1 to 50 of 1,961 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Jonasty's Shadows in Light WoT Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.