Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows in Freeport (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful


901 to 944 of 944 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"I agree completely, Shine. We need to watch out for the goo that got us earlier, but if we can get that fire out, I say we finish all explorations down here before going back up to that fauna."


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Very well then let's continue together then shall we? I will back up your scout if nobody minds. Does anyone have dark vision? If not I would humbly suggest I cast light on your best fighters armor and myself and your scout can stay forward, using our low light vision to allow us to see in the shadows while the dimness grants us some concealment for stealthing


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet, much more bubbly than she should be chimes in. Hey new guy! You don't have a weird melting disease like the last guy I sneaked around with do you? I'd love to scout ahead! Hey that thingy of yours bites? What is it? Everyone ready?


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod takes away Talulah's sugar, I am ready.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

After the light is cast, Sweet goes to the shadowy front edges and begins to lead the group through the tunnel.

Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 +30 vs traps


Evil GM

The group turns around and heads back towards the smoking bat. About midway back the smoke becomes thick. Fort save everyone.


M Human Oracle 3

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Cast Resistance. Double time people! COUGH!


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Sweet cover her nose and mouth hoping it helps.


Evil GM

Sweet and Icabhod start to cough. The smoke is thick and heavy, clinging to air.

Are you continuing forward?


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Fort save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Is this the only way? Or are there other passages where we are? If not, we will wait until the bat stops smoking. As long as there is nothing in the passage, we will wait out the smoke.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4
"Sweet" Talulah Sweetrazor wrote:
Sweet, much more bubbly than she should be chimes in. Hey new guy! You don't have a weird melting disease like the last guy I sneaked around with do you? I'd love to scout ahead! Hey that thingy of yours bites? What is it? Everyone ready?

No melting diseases that I am aware of. Thrasher is a dinosaur, a gift from my father


Evil GM

Nothing has changed there are only two ways to go: either back to the cave with the burning bat/trap door or through the opening that Adriel mentioned.


M Human Oracle 3

COUGH! If the smoke here is too great we should head back and go through the exit Adriel came in through and try the main doors once more.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Fort Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

The smoke won't last forever. We can wait it out.


M Human Oracle 3

COUGH! I am afraid I will not last long in this smoke. If we must wait for it to die down, we are better off elaving the tunnels entirely.

Dash past the bat or head outside? We have slowed way down from what we were supposed to be doing.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

If the danger above is taken care of we might have greater luck at the front door.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet turns around and heads the opposite direction of the smoke. The kids aren't going to save themselves.


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod follows the group to the outside exit.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"Well, seems the con census is to try the front door again. Let's do it."


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine's mood changes immediately. Can we wait for it to stop raining at least? She whines.


Evil GM

The smoke is actually filling the tunnel slowly, rolling towards the exit. Working its way towards the ventilation. The group retreats through the exit before any additional smoke effects. The party pops out of a 6 foot opening that is near one exterior estate wall. It becomes obvious that this served as the means for the bat to access the cave.

Adriel leads the group around the exterior wall towards the roadway and the front entrance. The rain has slowed to a drizzle.


M Human Oracle 3

Okay let us try this again, hopefully with less worms and pit traps. Same marchign order as before?

Icabhod is ready to head back into the yard once everyone gets ready.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel raises an eyebrow, Pit trap? Where?


M Human Oracle 3

In front of the front steps.


M Human Oracle 3
Fairsplindle Shiningstar wrote:
Shine's mood changes immediately. Can we wait for it to stop raining at least? She whines.

I can hold my shield over you so you don't get rained on.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"Are we ready for this? I'm sure the door has several traps on it, if what we have seen so far is any indication."


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod heads towards the house. No doubt it is, but we need to get in. I am ready.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet heads out infront of the group. Time to earn my keep. Someone please check for magic while I look for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 +30 versus traps

Heading up the stairs to the left if you are looking at the front of the house.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel steps in behind Sweet and chirrups to Thrasher, instructing the little Dino to keep an eye out and warn them on danger. The Dino sits on his Masters.shoulder and answers in a series of hisses and chirps, then seems to frantically scan about.

Adriel casts DETECT MAGIC and Scans: Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Thrasher: Perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Evil GM

The group is unaccosted on the estate grounds.

As you approach the mansion there is a large porch with three sets of steps, one on each side, offers access to the double doors that stand closed. Pillars support the sagging roof. Filling the many holes are old bits of grass and scraps of cloth left by birds once nesting here. To either side of the doors are boarded windows, the wooden planks firmly nailed in place despite the great age of the structure. Your 20 feet from porch as the drive widens.

The doors themselves are curious, made from dark wood and carved with strange images of capering demons cavorting with children and maidens. Two demonic faces leer out from each door, a metal ring held firmly in their oversized mouths.

You know there is a pit trap at the front steps. There is no trap on the left steps.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet continues her search toward the door. I am expecting some magic on those faces.


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod waits for Sweet to finish checking the doors and stairs.


Evil GM

The doors do not look trapped, however they are locked. As Adriel concentrates he does not detect any magical auras.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet kneels down and takes out her thieves tools. Let's see if I can get these doors open. If this doesn't work, Norjan will need to get his picks ready!

Sweet takes a tool in each hand and starts fiddling with the locks.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29


Evil GM

Sweet feel the tumblers fall into place smoothly. She is confident that the door is unlocked.


M Human Oracle 3

Okay, hopefully this will go better than our last attempt. Norjan? Us behind Sweet?


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Apparently satisfied nothing was going to jump out and eat them, Thrasher nuzzles his Master, a sign that danger was not imminent.
Let us begin. I will keep my Magic vision up and warn you if I see any Aura's


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine crouds onto the porch attempting to avoid the drizzle that still falls. I am ready. she informs.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Assuming that the other's have gotten all the physical and magical traps out of the way, Norjan steps up with his heavy pick in one hand and carefully opens the door with the other.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet steps to the side allowing the warrior to enter the mansion.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel Draws his blade as the door swings open....

901 to 944 of 944 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadows in Freeport Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.