Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows in Freeport (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful


401 to 450 of 944 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"Get shine out of there...ill try to distract the Mage!] Riggs will use his bonded item to cast Fly from his spell book. While hasted, I think I should have movement of 60'.. Riggs takes off 25' into the air, and moves 35' due west.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet unaware of her surroundings double moves 15' to the west where she runs into the wall and stops(M7).


M Human Oracle 3

Ichabod nobly picks up Shine. Keep channeling with your holy energy to drive it back! Icabhod then runs west.


Evil GM

Riggs you pop out of the ash 20 feet high, its dark and your human eyes are not picking up much light from grounds - the tree is smoldering slightly.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Can I see in the window? Is the light still there?


Evil GM

RD 3:

As Icabhold moves and grabs shine, he runs right into the gate door that is barely hanging onto the its hinges (L6), stopping the both of them in their tracks. Thumping into the gate. There is a second clunking sound as Sweet thuds into the nearby brick wall.

The swarm moves cover L6 and 7 and K6 and 7.

odds of attack:
50% and lower Ich, 51% and higher shine.
1d100 ⇒ 86

Str damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Evil GM
Riggs Parrett wrote:
Can I see in the window? Is the light still there?

Riggs there is not enough light for you to make out the window. You don't see the candle that was there.


Evil GM

Rd 3: Belloch pops out of the ash during his turn and flies west joining Riggs.


Evil GM

Shine heavy load capacity is 7-10 pounds for a 1 Strength. How much weight is your gear?


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 <-- can I see anything? Do I know where the swarm is? It should be right next to me.


Evil GM

Norjan your vision is blocked, you don't see the swarm or anyone else. You believe the swarm was there when you swung your pick - you may have hit it but you can not be certain. You are basically swinging blindly. Your perception does reveal two thumps coming from the west.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Shine heavy load capacity is 7-10 pounds for a 1 Strength. How much weight is your gear?

More than that. Shine is overloaded. Her only action for the round is to use the wand of Lesser restoration on herself. Its a swift action to retrieve it, and a standard to use it, but weakened she will use a full round to make sure she gets it right. She will not struggle and allow herself to be carried.

She will call out to the others. If you can hear my voice I am at the one standing gate at the entrance to this garden. The swarm is on me.

Wand: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Evil GM

Shine:
I think drawing a wand is actually a move action, rather than a swift action. CRB 186, PFSRD

Draw or Sheathe a Weapon

Drawing a weapon so that you can use it in combat, or putting it away so that you have a free hand, requires a move action. This action also applies to weapon-like objects carried in easy reach, such as wands. If your weapon or weapon-like object is stored in a pack or otherwise out of easy reach, treat this action as retrieving a stored item.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

DM:

I purchased Spring Loaded Wrist Sheaths for my wands (see character sheet), making retrieving them a swift action. If these items, from the Adventurer's Armory and the Equipment Guide, are not available in your game then I can unbuy them.

I hope that even without them I can pull a wand and use it in a round.


Evil GM

Shine:
That's fine you can that equipment available.


Evil GM

Rd3: Mid Rd Summary

Sweet - runs est and hits the wall.
Riggs - cast fly and moved west. Fyling 25 ft high
Icabhod - grabbed Shine and ran into gate
humanoid - Hold
Rats - moved and attacked Shine.
Norjan
belloch - taking defensive position near Riggs. Flying 25 ft high
Shine - used quicken sheath to get lesser restoration wand, cast on himself.

Norjan has his actions.

RD 4:

Sweet
Riggs
Icabhod
humanoid
Rats
Norjan
belloch
Shine

RD5 Begins

MAP RD4


M Human Oracle 3

Henk will step around the gate and double moves straight west or however fast her can go.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet still attempting to flee double moves to K5.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Shouldn't we have been getting AoO to attack the swarm every time it moves?

AoO for moving away from me.

AoO: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

No longer fighting Defensively since it does not seem to be helping.

Reading the traits of swarms, it seems that every time it enters a square to attack a player, that player gets an AoO as the swarm has 0 reach.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

I will then 5-foot move to K8 and continue to swing my picks where I last saw the swarm.

Attack-Heavy Pick: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Attack-Heavy Pick: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Attack-Light Pick: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

As Norjam attacks, he calls out: Where are you all?


M Human Oracle 3

Over here! I have Shine!


Evil GM

RD4:
Norjan made several attacks on swarm. Moved to K8.

RD5:
Sweet moves to K5

Icabhod moves around the gate then due west. (are you carrying shine?)


Evil GM

RD5: The rat swarm moves to K5 surrounding Norjan. Take your AoO

Swarm on Norjan, str damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Norjan you take more strength damage. I believe you've already down 2 strength from one of the early rounds.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine channels positive energy to harm the swarm.

Channel to harm undead: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 2, 6) + 6 = 20 Will save, DC18

Since she is still held that is all she does this round.


Evil GM

Belloch will hold and continue his defensive positon.

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

The creatures make their save, cringing from the positive energy.

Remaining actions: Riggs and Norjan.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 <-- -1 decreased Str
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Round 5
Attack-Heavy Pick-PA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 <-- -3 decreased Str, -2 PA
Damage:1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 <-- -2 Str, +4 PA

Realizing that the his strength is being drained, Norjam heads away from the swarm.

EDIT - I drop my quiver of arrows which should put me at light encumbrance.

Move W3 squares to K6.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Can I tell if the swarm is taking any damage from my channel when they make their will save. Should be half still, but because they are a swarm and incorporal I think it should be quarter then times 1.5. Does that make sense?


Evil GM

Norjan you realize that the swarm has stopped moving.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Riggs flies 30' due north, trying to spread out from the rest of the party in case, the humanoid reappears. Also also casts a spell and disappears from view.

Cast Vanish, which should be in effect for 5 rounds.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

If I am out of the range of the swarm, I will turn and swing seeing whether I can hit anything.

Round 5

Full Attack-PA-Haste still in effect I believe.
I forgot about the Haste last round - I should not have had to drop the pack as the Haste would have given me an extra 20' even with my medium encumbrance.

Attack-Heavy Pick-PA: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 <-- (-2 PA, -2 2-weapon, -3 Strength, drain, +1 Haste (forgot Haste before))
Damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Attack-Heavy Pick-PA-Haste: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Attack-Light Pick-PA: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Both my Picks are +1 for the purpose of hitting incorporeal.

It seems to have stopped at the gate. I do not know if I am hurting it, but I will keep swinging until someone tells me it is dead or you all want to leave.


M Human Oracle 3

Back from work.

Just what is that thing? None of my positive energy spells harmed it and it walked right through Shine's channeling.

Yes, Icabhod is carrying Shine.


M Human Oracle 3

We need to restore ourselves. Coming back in the morning and burning the deadly plants from a distance would be a good start.


Evil GM

The adventurers are able to regroup outside the estate wall without further incident.

What is the group going to do now?


M Human Oracle 3

Hmmm..Shine and Norjan as wella s myself have been drained by the shadows and plants. My head is still very fuzzy and no doubt we will be encountering those creatures again so we should prepare against life drain for tomarrow.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine will use her wand of Lesser Restoration on herself, Icabhod, and Norjan right off, one charge each, initially. She had already used two charges on Icabhod and one on herself.

Lesser Restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 4 Icabhod

Lesser Restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 4 Norjan

Lesser Restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 4 Shine

Edit - Well that was a bit of luck there. :) Is anyone still down any ability damage? Remember that if you get some bed rest you will regain one point. Glad we had the wand, but that is 6 charges used and we are not even inside. lol


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

I was down 6 points. That leaves me down 2 now. Your call on whether 1 charge is worth the 1 point I will be down tomorrow.

@ DM Baldwin - How long is it until the ashes disappear? Is the swarm or anything else where when it does?

The fauna and monsters are a problem. But someone, or something, was casting spells from behind that window. Can someone disable the caster? Or make it so that they cannot see us?


M Human Oracle 3

All healed up.

I am feeling much better, thank you. As for the caster, I do know a spell that creates a rolling cloud of fog,[Fog Cloud] that will block sight in a 20 foot circle. If I can cast it on the windows where we saw the flash, that might work. Although I am limited to a range of one hundred and sixty-feet.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine looks somewhat vengeful as she comments [b]Or I could drop a fireball or two in there from long range... You can put me down now Icabhod, and thanks for pulling me out of there. I was a round away from shadowy death. Shine recommends we break for the night, but not assume that we are automatically safe where we stay )back at the Inn I guess. We have alerted and disturbed whatever is in the house and should post watches.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"I wish I knew more destructive magic, like Shine does, but unfortunately that isn't my strong suit. Clearly, they will have the drop on us at night...but we have learned some things. The shadow swarm, the mind affecting plants, and a strong wizard. At least that gives us some information that we might be able to use."

Riggs is also in favor of heading back to the inn, licking our wounds and heading back the next evening.


Evil GM

By the time Shine uses her wand three times the ash storm clears. You can see the burned out remains of the tree, it is smoldering. Are you venturing back in to look for the incorporeal undead rat swarm? The remains are not obvious from the outside of the gate. The magic users should realize that who ever toyed with you did not cast offensive spells, the caster simply created the battlefield.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Would be nice to confirm the swarm dead. And it might have some loot - Sweet? Or do we still have a flying and invisible wizard who could check it out? :)


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

If Riggs is made aware there is a question, he will fly about and determine if he can tell anything. That is dependent on there being a light source, of course.


Evil GM
Riggs Parrett wrote:
If Riggs is made aware there is a question, he will fly about and determine if he can tell anything. That is dependent on there being a light source, of course.

You can always carry a light source. Lol


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod sets Shine down. Riggs, can you summon anything that is useful in combating the plants? I unfortunatly have no summoning magic.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"I can summon several things, but I'd rather not do that until we decide that we are storming the grounds again. And it seems that wizard was toying with us a bit. I'd say we wait until the morning before we try that again."


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Please cast message on me again and provide some shadowy light.

Sweet gets herself together and then slips into the shadows. Lets see what happened in the ash. She slowly moves through the courtyard looking at the tree and the swarm trying to gather any information she can about the surroundings.

Sneak: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26
Look Around: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"Can do, Sweet, but you need to be careful..."

With the warning given, Riggs casts his simple spell on the rogue, and the remainder of the group, keeping them in contact with her.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Careful is my middle name, besides...this is the most fun I have had in months!

After sneaking off into the shadows, she points at the group and mouths: it is not so scary in here without the ash. Too bad you guys aren't sneaky.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Norjan moves to the edge where the swarm stopped and looks to see whether there is any sign of them.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Evil GM

Sweet you see a mound of translucent rats that is dead. There is a discolor of bone and flesh. There is no loot on or in the dead swarm.

Edit: unlike most incorporeal's this had a physical body when they died, although translucent.

401 to 450 of 944 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadows in Freeport Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.