Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shadows in Freeport (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful


301 to 350 of 944 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod steps to L11

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Please put me next to Morjan

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Should I scout ahead?


Evil GM

You are now next to Norjan in M13

Belloch is in L10 and when he sees Icabhod you wandering near the pretty reddish weed he pulls the confused companion to his right hand side.(M10)
Chuckling to himself.


Evil GM

Everyone, but Icabhod, can see several distinctive shadowing figures roughly 60 feet ahead on the drive. The tallest of the creatures appears to be some sort of wolf, or canine, and there are four short humanoids clad in dark cloaks that are pulled over their heads. There are two on either side of the four legged friend and each carry stick. In front of them, approximately 10 feet, it looks like the ground itself is moving or rolling in darkness.

I will roll out initiatives soon, but I Would like to know what each person is doing. Icabhod remember you don't actually see this yet.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine wonders aloud. Hold your area damage spells friends. I fear that the smaller shapes could be our missing children under some compulsion, .. or worse.

She will call out her concern and then ready to cast a spell (thinking fireball) if she can confirm that the smaller humanoids are not the children, or that they are but are now undead.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Knowledge Undead: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Norjan remains in the front of the group: Anyone know what these are? They don't look friendly considering the shrubbery we just had to chop down.

If I can, I wil start the Crane Style and then Monkey Style in that order.


HP 30/30 | AC 12/12/10 | F+5, R +4, W +5 | Init. +6, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

After the loud fight, there was no point trying to be stealthy. Riggs calls out a greeting to the figures. "Hello there, friends. What brings you out this evening?"

4 mirror images active.


M Human Oracle 3

Back for a brief time.

Icabhod halts as the others call out and peers towards where the figures are, ready to defend the group if they are attacked.


Evil GM

Shine your black and white vision is not able to make out the detail regarding the small humanoids. The rolling ground stop and disappears. There is voice, "Hello, we are the caretakers of the property. That tree fire is dangerous."

Riggs you cast mirror image?


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

He cast in it Post 286


HP 30/30 | AC 12/12/10 | F+5, R +4, W +5 | Init. +6, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

"You are right, kind sir. But unfortunately the tree that is now burning was much more dangerous than any little fire. Much the same as some of the other fauna here. Why would you keep dangerous plants like that here, where anyone could wander in on them?"

Yep, DM. Mirror image is up right now.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Oh...thank goodness. We were worried. So glad to meet you. We are here to see the boss.


M Human Oracle 3

See the boss? They can't believe that line.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Rethinking my level zero spells, maybe a fire cleric needs Create Water more than Enhanced Diplomacy. lol.

Shine recommends thought he Message spell Move those dancing lights over them. I could have sworn there was a swarm there a moment ago.


Evil GM

Intitiave:

Rats: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Humanoid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Riggs: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Icabhod: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Norgan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Sweet: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Shine: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Belloch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Initiative:

Sweet
Riggs
Icabhod
humanoid
Rats
Norjan
Belloch
Shine

Currently, there is a brief moment of translucent wisps of shadows as the ground stops rolling. The wolf and the four short humanoids clad in dark cloaks stop 50 and 55 feet away.

I know there are dancing lights, I need to know their location now. Along with any other lightsource.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet sheathes her rapier, moves 10 feet back, and pulls her bow while unleashing an arrow at the wolfman.

I'm not waiting for the wolf to come bite me!

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

1d4 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + (4, 1, 4) = 12


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod tries to identify the creatures and any possible weakness.

Know-Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Know-Religon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

They look mean.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Riggs, you know what these are?


HP 30/30 | AC 12/12/10 | F+5, R +4, W +5 | Init. +6, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

"Not for sure! I'm going to try to corral them for closer inspection...stand back!

Cast Create Pit, and try to catch as many of the group as possible in the 10' x 10' area.

Also, DM, what Knowledge skill would tell me more,about these uglies?


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Riggs - generally it is easiest, just make one Knowledge roll and then post what that would be for any Knowledge you have ranks in. That always seemed like the easiest method for me. Anyway, when you have a question about stuff like this in pbp, always post what you think a good roll would be (Perception, Acrobatics, Knowledge) and let the DM make the call. That way you save one round of responses if you are right, and if you are wrong the DM will tell you.


HP 30/30 | AC 12/12/10 | F+5, R +4, W +5 | Init. +6, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

The DM's I have played with for PbP have all said they prefer individual knowledge rolls. Perhaps Baldwin is different. He'll let us know.


Evil GM

Riggs, and others, I prefer the individual know/skill rolls. When in doubt to speed up the process itemize in a spoiler or a list (like Icabhod did above) your rolls.) In this particular case know: Nature, local, arcana.

Riggs tell me where on the map you are placing the pit.


Evil GM

Belloch had his dancing lights in L23. There are patches of shadow between the your group and the individuals that are approaching you.

Sweet your arrow flies true striking the wolf and it appears to disappear from view.


Evil GM

Ichabhod your know rolls do not reveal any information regarding the situation.


HP 30/30 | AC 12/12/10 | F+5, R +4, W +5 | Init. +6, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

DM, unless I missed a post, I can't see it specified what squares the people and wolves are located, so I'd just like to catch as many as possible.

Know. Arcana 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Know. Nature 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19


Evil GM

I put 50 and 55 feet in front of nearest members of you party, sweet and Norjan. That would make it L23 and then J24, K24,M24, N24. That should be on the map posted, I'll double check to see if coordinates were on the map.

Riggs Only:
Your Know nature reveals this is a direwolf, Your Know arcana reveals there is magical quality.

MAP


Evil GM

Know- religion or Know-planes may provide some information too but you would need a perception check to accompany those rolls. Ichabhod don't bother rolling for I've already accounted for your previous roll.


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod gets ready for a fight.

Off to work in an hour, so just bot me as needed.


Evil GM

Riggs you cast your spell and a large pit is visible under the floating 4 small humanoids.

---

% to who is attacked by the swarm:
1-50 Sweet; 51-100 Norjan.
1d100 ⇒ 100

A swarm of tiny creatures without a real physical body wrap their translucent bodies around Norjan's legs.

Norjan only:
]Str. damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2 Norjan feel a bit weaker.

Know - religion or planes only in order to try to identify what is attacking Norjan and the type of damage being caused.


HP 30/30 | AC 12/12/10 | F+5, R +4, W +5 | Init. +6, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

Knowledge planes 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod squints.
Know-Religon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Know-Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Someone get these things off me, I don't feel so good. It is like they are sucking my strength from me.

Status:

Strength: 18 = 20 (-2)


M Human Oracle 3

To Baldwin:
If Icabhod identifies them as a type of undead she will tell the others. Undead! Use anti-undead powers against therm!


Evil GM

Riggs:
You know these are from another plane, most likely from the plane of shadows. They interact with the shadows well. They seem to be able to move between corporeal form and incorporeal form. That is why they are translucent. Based on your roll, you know it's hard to damage them in their current form, you are not certain of how to damage them. Incorporeal creature tend to damage abilities rather than causing physical damage. In addition to the incorporeal traits these have swarm traits and you know that swarms don't miss.

Ichbhod yells, "Undead! Use anti-undead powers against them!"


Evil GM

Norjan only:
You definitely know you are being attacked by some sort of rat swarm, that is very hard to see they are translucent and blend in the shadows. They are not causing you physical damage but rather ability damage.


HP 30/30 | AC 12/12/10 | F+5, R +4, W +5 | Init. +6, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

"These creatures are from the Shadow Planes! I'm not sure what will hurt them, either. It might be worth our while to get out of here!


M Human Oracle 3

Farspindle, you are a priestess of the Sun Goddess, correct? Can you use your miracles of the sun against them while we regroup?


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

DM Question on a Spell:

How would you rule Ghostbane Dirge working on a swarm? Target is "One Incorporeal Creature" so it might not work, but it might be that the writer just never considered an incorporeal swarm. I am good either way.

Also is the swarm a 5X5 or a 20X20 like most swarms?

And last, Am I sure they are undead?


Evil GM

Shine:
Based on your knowledge roles you would know ghostbane dirge will not succeed on a swarm. (p 313 Bestiary) I don't give preliminary ruling...it's trial and error that is how characters learn a spells effect on various creatures. However you rolled high enough on your religion.

This is a 10 by 10 swarm. You are positive they are undead, from the plane of shadows and have the ability to go from corporeal to incorporeal form. While in incorporeal form they only do ability damage rather than physical damage. Normal weapons have no effect, magical weapons and most spells have half damage. Most corporeal spells that do not cause damage only have a 50% chance of working on incorporeals. Force spells do work normally.


M Human Oracle 3

Ichabod sees Norjan's peril and strides up, his hand glowing with divine energy as he reaches out to strike at the swarm.

Touch attack on the swarm casting Cure Moderate Wounds to damage the undead DC 16

CMW: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (5, 7) + 6 = 18

touch attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine's eyes flash red gold as she intones divine vocalisms. Her small hands wave in an intricate pattern and a pull of yellow powder appears in front of her. People near her smell sulfur as a bead of fire flies from her hands and lands behind Norgan but close enough to burn the 20x20 swarm.

Fireball: 7d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 3, 2, 4, 6, 6) = 32 DC is 16

Posting from my phone. Hard to see map. I would like to place the fireball so that it also burns two of those wisdom draining plants.


Evil GM

Shine, I mentioned in my previous post to you that the swarm was 10 by 10, the swarm occupies the same hexes as Norjan and Sweet.

Is the reflex save for this spell DC16.

reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Evil GM

Save Andrea's touch att: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Yes DC 16. And Sorry, I meant 10x10.


M Human Oracle 3

Ok, who cast the Polymorph Other spell?


Evil GM

RD1:

There is sparkle of bright blue light that comes from the second floor of the house, as Shine has one of those Sarenrae moments, a sudden sleet storm crashes down covering each of the characters in hail of frozen water covers all. Vision including darkvision is blocked and all torches and small lights are extinguished. The storm continues for 5 rounds.

An Acro DC10 is required each round to move half distance, failure by 5 or more means you fall.


M Human Oracle 3

Sarenrae momment? Oh dear.

Argh! We are being hit from afar by magic! We need to back up!


Evil GM

RD1 Mid-Rd recap

Sweet - shot the wolf with a arrow.
Riggs - cast pit
Icabhod - touch attack CMW on undead rate swarm
humanoid - held action but eventually casts Sleet storm.
Rats - swarmed norjan
Norjan
Belloch
Shine - cast fireball.

Currently the PCs are caught in sleet storm. Vision is blocked and movement is hampered DC10 Acro needed to move half distance. the storm is crashing down.

Remaining Rd 1 Actions: Norjan and Belloch.


HP 30/30 | AC 12/12/10 | F+5, R +4, W +5 | Init. +6, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

DM

Spoiler:
Can I tell if the Pit spell worked on the bad guys before the Fireball and the Sleet magic go off?


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

I am not good at posting From phone. Trying. Did the swarm seem to take damage from the fireball?

Fall back to me if you can, but do not panic. I can channel to hurt the swarm. The storm only blocks out vision. It does no harm.

301 to 350 of 944 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadows in Freeport Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.