Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows in Freeport (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful


251 to 300 of 944 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

I would rather you blow this thing up Shine!


Evil GM

RD3 mid-RD summary

Belloch - shot two flaming arrows, missed.

Riggs - (holding)

Nojan - His picks hit but not for as much damage as he would like.

Sweet -Hit Tree twice and crit, but her attacks only dealt small amounts of damage. +5 fire.

Tree - att. Sweet once missed, att. Icahbod twice and missed.

Fair/shine

Icahbod - one axe attack hits for 14 HP of damage

Riggs and Sweet have remaining actions.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

If someone has a spare dagger or two, they would be useful. Until then, I will just keep beating this thing.


Evil GM

The Tree attacks Sweet once and Icahbod twice.

Sweet: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 132d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 6 = 10

The attack on Icahbod, your AC goes down by one due to size.

Icahbod: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 122d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 = 12

Ichahbod: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 172d4 + 6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 6 = 12

The fire, chips and dinks have damaged the tree and it looks bad.


Evil GM

The sound of howling gets closer, it is coming from both sides of the driveway.

Everyone can make perception check.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Im going to go ahead and try to cast a spell defensively, DM.

Riggs attempts to dodge the flailing tree limbs and attempts to cast a spell, bringing flame to bear in it.

Need a 19 to cast the spell. Trying to cast Scorching Ray. Concentration check 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Spell fizzles. DM I'd like to 5' move due west.

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 1


Hp 45_Ac17_f3/r5/w5_Init+9_Perc+8_

To Norjan You're dread picks are deadly enough for this beast, friend!. Daggers are best kept for feeding or love play. The picks and short swords will bore, but our leper friends axe wil but glance least he land the mightiest of blows!

Can't help but feel like there's been a miscommunication somewhere along the way about piercing=good. And shortswords and picks both pierce, unless I'm crazy which is a possibility I won't dismiss out of hand.

perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Evil GM

You are focused on the trying to cast the spell and did not hear anything else.

Can you, and others who have been injured, put your HP status next to your avatar? It will make it easier for me to take.

This post was edited


Evil GM

The tree is DR10/slashing, slashing weapons damage it normally. DR applies against other weapon damage such as piercing or bludgeoning. A short sword and pick are piercing weapons, so the DR applies. An axe is slashing and DR does not apply. When I mentioned the piercing weapon chips the bark away, that was me trying to convey information to group that the weapon was not doing much damage. As opposed to Ichahbod's axe attacks which were hitting home.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Balthazar - it has DR10/slashing --> Slashing weapons (axes, large swords, etc) do full damage. Piercing/Bashing weapons damage is reduced by 10. I am doing damage, but it is reduced by 10 each time. So if I do 13/13/15, it actually only does 3/3/5.

I would put my reduced HP in, but the darn thing will not arrack me.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5


If DR is 10, I should have done 7 fire, (26-10) 16 piercing, and (14-10) 4 piercing=27 points of dmg just last round

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5
baldwin the merciful wrote:
The tree is DR10/slashing, slashing weapons damage it normally. DR applies against other weapon damage such as piercing or bludgeoning. A short sword and pick are piercing weapons, so the DR applies. An axe is slashing and DR does not apply. When I mentioned the piercing weapon chips the bark away, that was me trying to convey information to group that the weapon was not doing much damage. As opposed to Ichahbod's axe attacks which were hitting home.

Exactly!


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Bladwin, the wizard cast defensively, so does not provoke an AOO. Granted he failed to get the spell off, but there is no AOO for that failure.

The cleric takes a step to the west that is a move action, provoking. Shine then puts her hands together thumbs touching and fingers spread and intones a prayer to her goddess. You understand the words "cleanse with fire" in there somewhere.Reflex Save - DC is 14 for half. If it fails it is on fire.

Burning Hands: 5d4 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 3, 2) = 16

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Hp 45_Ac17_f3/r5/w5_Init+9_Perc+8_

Apologies! I had it backward. It's been a while since I played, the last system I used had things set the other way round. dr/x, x=what it is resistant to. Sorry for the confusion! I'll double check next time rather than blab my mouth off


Evil GM

RD3 RD summary

Belloch - shot two flaming arrows, missed.

Riggs - Failed his casting defensively attempted, his spell fizzled. Riggs moves 5 ft west.

Nojan - His picks hit but not for as much damage as he would like.

Sweet -Hit Tree twice and crit, but her attacks only dealt small amounts of damage. +5 fire.

Tree - att. Sweet once missed, att. Icahbod twice and missed.

Fair/shine -

Icahbod - one axe attack hits for 14 HP of damage

---

Fair has a remaining actions.

MAP at the end of RD 3

RD4:

Belloch -
Riggs -
Norjan -
Sweet -
Tree -
Fair/Shine -
Icahbod -


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

DM, I am pretty sure that on a failed casting defensively check that an AoO is not provoked, so I have not taken that damage off my current hps. That is per page 185 of the core rulebook, I think. If that is wrong, let me know.


Evil GM
Balthazar Belloch wrote:
Apologies! I had it backward. It's been a while since I played, the last system I used had things set the other way round. dr/x, x=what it is resistant to. Sorry for the confusion! I'll double check next time rather than blab my mouth off

no problem, feel free to ask questions. I pick up stuff all the time. In fact, last week I learned that my RL group and I had been doing one aspect of the AoO wrong for the last 5-7 years.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

As you can see I posted 4 minutes before you posted that I had not taken my turn yet. :)


Hp 45_Ac17_f3/r5/w5_Init+9_Perc+8_

Balthazar casts Web, radiating 20' out from square M4. This will bring the tree exclusively into the area of effect.

Web dc18, reflex save

Spoiler:
Saving Throw Reflex negates; see text; Spell Resistance no
Web creates a many-layered mass of strong, sticky strands. These strands trap those caught in them. The strands are similar to spiderwebs but far larger and tougher. These masses must be anchored to two or more solid and diametrically opposed points or else the web collapses upon itself and disappears. Creatures caught within a web become grappled by the sticky fibers. Attacking a creature in a web doesn't cause you to become grappled.

Anyone in the effect's area when the spell is cast must make a Reflex save. If this save succeeds, the creature is inside the web but is otherwise unaffected. If the save fails, the creature gains the grappled condition, but can break free by making a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check as a standard action against the DC of this spell. The entire area of the web is considered difficult terrain. Anyone moving through the webs must make a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check as part of their move action, with a DC equal to the spell's DC. Creatures that fail lose their movement and become grappled in the first square of webbing that they enter.

If you have at least 5 feet of web between you and an opponent, it provides cover. If you have at least 20 feet of web between you, it provides total cover.

The strands of a web spell are flammable. A flaming weapon can slash them away as easily as a hand brushes away cobwebs. Any fire can set the webs alight and burn away one 5-foot square in 1 round. All creatures within flaming webs take 2d4 points of fire damage from the flames.

If Enlarge Person is not active on Ichabod, my familiar will do so via my wand.


Evil GM

I was reading CRB 207, casting defensively but on second read you are correct. Sorry about the confusion.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Might be good to let the current round resolve before moving into the next. I am hoping my fire takes it out. If it fails its reflex its on fire and might burn up your web too. Could be up to 24 points of fire damage.


Evil GM

The tree stops moving as its trunk and limbs burn. Shining's attack did it in finally.

Belloch you realize that the tree is now dead and you did not need to cast web.


Hp 45_Ac17_f3/r5/w5_Init+9_Perc+8_

Fingers crossed! Of course I won't be casting on a dead tree. If it lives, and it misses it's save, at the very least it won't be able to full attack next round and Riggs should be able to move out of range.


Hp 45_Ac17_f3/r5/w5_Init+9_Perc+8_

Well done!

who needs healing?


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

If we are out of initiative Shine can channel to heal everyone who is wounded. But I fear that something comes and we are still in initiative.

Channel, If Shine can cast before a new threat shows up.: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 5) = 10


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

What is that noise?

I have a Perception 27 roll a few posts up. Did I see/hear anything?


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"I could use some healing if anyone has any to spare. And thank you for keeping me alive earlier, shiny. I let it pin me down and was stuck!"

I played that fight terribly. My bad on that. I'll do better next time.

My hps are current after the channel.


Hp 45_Ac17_f3/r5/w5_Init+9_Perc+8_

Balthazar draws his dagger and approaches the smoldering corpse. He stops near what passes for the beasts face and carves out an "eye" and dropping it into his bag..


Evil GM

yes there is time to channel.

Those with Perception over 15:
The sound of howling stops and there is rustling on both sides of the driveway. It sounds like the noise is within 100 feet.

Perc over 18:
Echoing sounds of children laughing can be heard.

Perc over 20:
the sound of children inviting you to "C..c..come play."


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Norjam suddenly stops and listens intently. You all hear that? Sounds like children calling us to come and play. It is coming from both sides of the driveway. Those of you with less melee capabilities, get behind me. Lets be prepared this time, I can take more hits and avoid many hits.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

The wave of positive energy flows out of Shine in a red gold glow. Everyone who is wounded is healed for 10. Somehow the wave stops short of the antagonist tree but manages to wrap around to reach sweet. After her face is flush and she breaths a little heavy.

Are we going farther tonight? Cause I really really want to burn up this garden if we are not. I say we stick to the plan and come back in the morning. Turning to the oracle she says. Let me see if I can figure out what those other plants did to you earlier. By Sarenrae, you still look confounded from it.

Can I tell that his wisdom has been drained/damaged?


M Human Oracle 3

Whoa, my update notification didn't work.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

There is something out there. The sound of children. Icabhod grips his axe. My head still feels woozy, we should burn the plants if we plan to come back.


Hp 45_Ac17_f3/r5/w5_Init+9_Perc+8_

Balthazar's familiar casts Dancing lights originating at square D8, (4 light globes in a 10' radius..illuminating lines C-E). These will travel upto 100'/round in a straight line to D23, ending the round at L23.

If undisturbed, the following round, the lights will clear through S23 and pull back to s15.


Hp 45_Ac17_f3/r5/w5_Init+9_Perc+8_

If we're going to burn the weeds, let's see how far they extend


M Human Oracle 3

We havesome new foes incoming!


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Hearing there were new enemies in route, Riggs quickly casts a spell, and then multiple forms of Riggs stand beside the Mage.

Cast Mirror Image.

Number of images 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Evil GM

Belloch your dancing lights reveal a stone wall that runs parallel to the driveway (hex B) it appears to be dividing the property boundary. There are more dead, or dying trees, along with more thick grasses. The grasses are swaying slightly under the light breeze and the stagnant is heavy. It feels as if a storm is brewing.


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod grips his axe and waits for any other attack.(Readying an attack if something comes chargin out at us.)


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"I say we press onward. The night is still young. We just need to avoid this devil fauna."


Evil GM

The scythe tree is ablaze by the west wall cutting through the dark sky. The southern part of the land is better illuminated by the fire, revealing a tangled mess of grass and brush. The fire behind you seems to have warded off the aggressive howls. The mansion is to the east lit by a single flame an upper window. The drizzle begins again.


M Human Oracle 3

Don't be so quick, there seems to be some lurking in the grass. We should burn the poison grass and be ready for the attack.


Evil GM

Here is the current map that is illuminated by the fire and and the dancing lights. The rain is becoming a bit heavier.

MAP


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"I don't see anything, Icky. Where do you see something lurking?"


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)
Riggs Parrett wrote:

"I could use some healing if anyone has any to spare. And thank you for keeping me alive earlier, shiny. I let it pin me down and was stuck!"

I played that fight terribly. My bad on that. I'll do better next time.

My hps are current after the channel.

quick revisit before combat breaks out again- I do not know what current means in relation to hit points. I healed you for 21 with a cure serious and then 10 more with a channel. Did you get additional healing somewhere else or are you still down some?

After channeling Shine will examine Icabhod to see if she understands that he is drained of some wisdom. If she can tell, she uses 2 charges from her wand of Lesser Restoration to help.

Lesser Restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Lesser Restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

We wait and see what is approaching. If it does not come shortly, then we take the fight to it.

I don't see anything, but I hear something that sounds like demented children asking us to come and play. And I do not think they mean with dollies.

Norjam continues to hold his picks at the ready watchful of anything that may come.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Shine, rereading the thread I see you only channeled once. I was confused by the 11:54 pm post saying we all get back 10 HP. I thought that was a second channel, but it seems that was still the first one you were referencing. In that case, I am still at 31 HP.


Evil GM

Everyone can make another perception check. Also, look a the last map that I put up and advise which hex coordinates your character is currently standing in.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Move Shine to K8 please, and let me know about what I can or can not do about that wisdom drain/damage.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 20

I'll stay in the same spot, close to the exit, lol.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

I will stay out in front where I am, hopefully Icabhod will be near for the extra protection from the circle.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

251 to 300 of 944 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadows in Freeport Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.