Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows in Freeport (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful


101 to 150 of 944 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Evil GM
Riggs Parrett wrote:
Your map making is quite impressive, DM!

Thank you. Many of my maps are from Dunjinni and the user creations over there. I'm still getting the hang of things too. I just started mapmaking in June.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet giggles at the little creature that provided the light and then turns stone cold serious. Whispering again: Let me scout ahead a little. Can anyone cast the arcane spell that allows people to whisper?

Sweet slowly follows the dancing diamond of lights into the courtyard (enjoying the shadows cast by the light). She remains in these shadows and silently starts to inspect the area. As the group watches, she seemingly disappears before their very eyes.

Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 + 3 more for traps


HP 9/9 | AC 13/13/10 | F+3, R +3, W +2 | Init. +7, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

"Ah yes, one of my favorite little spells," the Mage tells the halfling, casting the Message cantrip , so she could communicate With the rest of the group while she scouted.


Evil GM

Reminder for everyone to try to reference there movement. At least the begin and ending hex. I will assume a straight line unless told otherwise.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

J5 to I9-First move.


Evil GM

Sweet Only:
You see that the area off the path is heavily overgrown and is hazardous terrain to move through, one half movement. You notice dead and withering trees and think hearty stemmed weeds that are beginning to overtake parts of the pathway. As you look around, the autumn air is stale and heavy the skeletal trees sending their gaunt limbs rattling. The life inside them has long since flown, as have the birds and squirrels that once nested in their boughs


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet remain on the path and silently moves ten feet at a time still dodging the light and watching for traps. She points back to the Mage and moves her lips.

Riggs/DM:

Stay on the path and move in slowly. Everything is dead.

I9 to J11

I would cover the squares on the path up the column 11 to make sure it is safe for the group. As they move up, I would do the same for the next little bit.


HP 9/9 | AC 13/13/10 | F+3, R +3, W +2 | Init. +7, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

Riggs is silent, waiting for a sign from the halfling. Upon receiving the message, he nods and tells the rest of the group what he was told. He tries to follow her path, if possible, making sure the rest of the mercenaries were with him.

Move to I9.


Evil GM

Sweet Only:
Sweet there is pungent smell. I need you to make DC16 Will Save, if you fail it make a second one. Don't send any messages unless you make the save.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Rolls for DM:

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Sweet points at Riggs again:

Message to Riggs/DM:

There is a pungent smell ahead. I can barely stand it. I have not found it, but be aware.

As the group moves to column 9, Sweet will attempt to clear to column 13

Sweet continues to cautiously sweep the path. She uses her knowledge as a cat burglar to step easily and move softly.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine steps to J5 to both see better and to be closer to that circle of protection from evil. She has darkvision 60' so might be able to see a little more than is illuminated.


Evil GM

What is everyone else doing, now that Sweet and Riggs began to move foreward?

Sweet and Riggs what are you doing next?

Updated Map


HP 9/9 | AC 13/13/10 | F+3, R +3, W +2 | Init. +7, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

"Per Sweets message, there is something rancid smelling up ahead. Prepare as best as you can," he whispers to the others.

Riggs pulls his cloak over his nose, hoping to keep some of the stink off him.

He points back at Sweet. "Should we keep coming?

Lol, I was hoping the others were coming with me...


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Norjam stays just ahead of Icabhod, but within the 10' area of protection. For his size, he moves incredibly lithely.


Evil GM

Hey send the sneak and the wizard they can handle it , they can handle anything.


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod draws his axe and moves to J,8.

Something rancid? Icabhod ponders. Know-Religon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

The gnome, who should now be in J5 moves forward to J9 and spends the rest of her round looking around with darkvision.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

When everyone gets to column 9, I'll try to clear to 13. (in other words, stay approx 20' in front of the group trying to clear the path of traps.) Unless anyone disagrees, we will slowly move forward until one of us spots something.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

The gnome, who should now be in J5 moves forward to J8 and spends the rest of her round looking around with darkvision.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

She will ask the mage to ask the rogue to find what smells bad, through the message spell if she is included in it, and directly if not.


HP 9/9 | AC 13/13/10 | F+3, R +3, W +2 | Init. +7, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

The message spell is one target per level, so the whole group is included in the spell.

Also, I'm going to go crash out for the evening, so Sweet can relay the info to someone who is gonna be up a bit longer than me. Riggs will kinda be in the background for the time being.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet points at the group I still do not see anything. No idea where the smell is coming from. Cover your noses.


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod sticks some of his bandage sup his nose.


Evil GM
Icabhod wrote:

Icabhod draws his axe and moves to J,8.

Something rancid? Icabhod ponders. [dice=Know-Religon]1d20+7

Icahbod there are may dings from your knowledge religion, mostly undead or sulfur burning flesh type of items. You probably need to actually smell the rancid area.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Pointing Keep coming.


Evil GM

You see that the area off the path is heavily overgrown and is hazardous terrain to move through, one half movement. You notice dead and withering trees and think hearty stemmed weeds that are beginning to overtake parts of the pathway. As you look around, the autumn air is stale and heavy the skeletal trees sending their gaunt limbs rattling. The life inside them has long since flown, as have the birds and squirrels that once nested in their boughs.

Updated Map

Double check that this is where you want to be on the map.


M Human Oracle 3

Icahbod moves to K,10


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Norjam continues to lead ahead of Icabhod. Keep your eyes, and apparently noses, pealed.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine will move up 5' still looking around and listening. Her darkvision is 60' and her spot last round was a 22.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Evil GM

Here is the current map.
Current Map

Norjan:
make either a Know nature or dungeonering check

Fair:
I need you to make know: Nature check before you move.

Icabhod:
I don't see either know nature or dungeoneer. Sweet there is pungent smell. I need you to make DC16 Will Save, if you fail it make a second one. You get a +2 for having your nose plugged.


M Human Oracle 3

Sniffle,Sniffle

Will Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 +2 if there is something evil lurking around

Make this save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Evil GM

Icabhod:
You stop and feel a tingle as your head spins as a pungent smell hits your olfactory . Wis dam: 1d8 ⇒ 7 You saved from becoming fascinated. You don't see any gas or mist that would cause the problem. You can make a perception check.


M Human Oracle 3

Spoiler:
Ow, Down to 3 WIS

Icabhod clutches his head. AUGHH! Urg..back! There is something here! My head is spinning.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

DM Baldwin:

Knowledge(nature/dungeoneering)(untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 6
--> Not really a very good character for the knowledge stuff.


Evil GM

Norjan Only:
At least you had a chance to identify it, Icabhod did not. There is pungent smell. I need you to make DC16 Will Save, if you fail it make a second one. You get a +2 for having your nose plugged.


M Human Oracle 3

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

There is something here I think, I smell something strange.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

DM Baldwin:

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19

What a strange smell, does anyone recognize that?


Evil GM
Icabhod wrote:
[dice=perception]1d20+4

Icabhod:
Your perception score is -4 modifier, it is actaully a 14 roll. there are some pretty weeds nearby, that have hairy stems and stand 2-3 feet high.

M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod points at some weeds. I think those things are to blame. Hairy stems and 2-3 feet high.

Spoiler:
Really? 5 ranks in Perception, +3 Favored skill, -4 damage should be an adjusted skill of 4, but I will take your word for it.


Evil GM

Icabhod:
My bad there. I did not see that you already reduced the -4 from your math. In otherwords, I did not see that you had 8 skill points to start with.


HP 9/9 | AC 13/13/10 | F+3, R +3, W +2 | Init. +7, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

Keeping his distance, Riggs tries to figure out what that particular plant is.

Knowledge Nature 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Knowledge Nature (untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Shine takes a step back and asks Where are the flowers you are taking about? With her 29 perception does she see them? Can I get specific coordinates?


Hp 45_Ac17_f3/r5/w5_Init+9_Perc+8_

Satisfied with the nascent groups willingness to engage with each other. Balthazar smiles slightly, thinking "Perhaps their hot blood hasn't blinded them to reason, after all. Yes".

Balthazar follows Icabhod's path ending a square behind him. He stops for a moment looking at the weeds Icabhod points to. Holding a gloved hand over his nose, Hmm, what have we?

knowledge:nature
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

perception
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


M Human Oracle 3

We should retreat and destroy them from a distance. There is no telling what other things lurk ont he grounds.

Icabhod backs off until he is out of range of the 'smell aura'


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine grabs Icabhod by the arm. Are you alright? You look, well confused or stunned or something.

Heal Check Take 10: 10 + 10 = 20

Does Icabhod know he is wisdom damaged? How do I know, in order to address it? Glad I have a fully charged wand of Lesser Restoration at the moment. :)


Evil GM

Fair - your perception reveals that you see that the area off the path is heavily overgrown and is hazardous terrain to move through, one half movement. You notice dead and withering trees and several different types of think hearty stemmed weeds that are beginning to overtake parts of the pathway. Ichahbod and Norjan are standing near a weedy looking plant.

Knowledge Nature is not an untrained skill. I thought you had ranks in skill which is why I did not move you the 5 ft step you mentioned last night. I need you to actually make Will save DC16, as you will be 5 feet closer. If you miss the Will save i need you to make one more at the same DC. +2 on your saves for covering your nose.

Don't do any actions till the rolls occur as that may influence what you can do.


M Human Oracle 3

It was pointed out by Baldwin that I should have kept that in a spoiler, so we will have to guess. :)

My mind feels scattered and weak. That smell had something to do with it.


Evil GM

Belloch you stop immediately and recognize that Icabhod, Norjan and now Fair are standing near a patch of "Fool's Flowers" a powerful weed with invisible spores and gaseous cloud. they have pungent odor and are strong hallucinogenics. Creatures can become fascinated with the weeds and take damage to their wisdom.

---
Riggs you finally recognize the Fool's Flowers and you know they effect your senses and can cause hallucinations.

Riggs and Belloch Only:
the weed is the colorful reddish one on the map.


Evil GM

Here is a current map:

Current MAP

The two story manor suddenly has a flicker of light coming from the middle of the second floor. The dark building looks as if it is swaying side to side.

Everyone can make a sound based perception check.


Hp 45_Ac17_f3/r5/w5_Init+9_Perc+8_

Alright. Where is the weed patch I've identified located at the map, J11? How large is the patch, how close is it to the path, and how far does it extend if it is along the path? Essentially I'm wondering if it's possible to run past the patch without undue risk. On another note, dancing lights should be near j16 now.


Hp 45_Ac17_f3/r5/w5_Init+9_Perc+8_

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

101 to 150 of 944 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadows in Freeport Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.