Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shadows in Freeport (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful


851 to 900 of 944 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Lets head down this passage before the room fills with smoke. Unless someone can put that fire out.

I head down the non-burning passage behind Sweet.

Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Fort Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Shine follows closely behind Norjan, still able to find good air close to the ground (advantage of being short?).


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod follows

fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 (Added Resistance)

Icabhod also throws more magic water on the bat.


Evil GM

No advantage at this point for being short.

Icabhod, Sweet and Riggs still owe the second Fort save.

As Norjan, Shine and the others moved down the passage the airs better. Sweet resumes the lead and guides the others towards the bend in the cave. After a while, the tunnel is no longer lit by the fire. Who has a light?

Shine:
If I recall from earlier you mentioned having having darkvision, is that correct? How did you get that ability as a gnome? I ask because varrel wanted to switch his vision out, and I did not permit it since it was a race variation and not core.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Baldwin:

Alternate Racial Trait, similar to what Varrel wanted to do. As a gnome I can cast Dancing Lights, and as a cleric I can cast Light, so no big deal. Not like I am sneaking around anyway. :)


M Human Oracle 3

SeconfFortsave: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Casted Resistance


Evil GM

Icabhod you begin to cough and choke as you hurry down the tunnel. Once away from the smoke, your breathing eases.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Riggs follows the others as best as he can, trying to get down the tunnel and out of the accursed smoke!

Fort 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Evil GM
Riggs Parrett wrote:

Riggs follows the others as best as he can, trying to get down the tunnel and out of the accursed smoke!

Fort 1d20+6

You are finally able to get out of the smoke but not before taking some damage. Nonlethal: 1d6 ⇒ 3

I'm waiting on Sweet to make two fort saves.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Fort x 2:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Evil GM

I assume someone cast light or lit a torch.

Sweet leads the group through the tunnel another 1000 feet then you see daylight coming ahead. There is a silhouette of humanoid standing with its back to the light, when a chirping sound echoes out.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 8


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Norjan squints his eyes and attempts to determine who, or what, the humanoid ahead may be. And also what the chirping is and where it is coming from.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod peers. Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Evil GM

Riggs and Norjan don't know what is ahead of them.

Icabhod:
You think you see a dark clothed figure who blends well into the background. The way the light is really messes with the vision. The chirping stops.


M Human Oracle 3

There is a dark clothed figure there hiding in the background, and I cna't hear the chirping anymore.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27


Evil GM

Sweat your senses pick up the same information that Icabhod mentioned.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

I feel obligated to roll a perception check. :)

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


M Human Oracle 3

Shall we hail whoever is there, or advance?


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel calls to the strangers.
You will NOT advance. You will stand and state your intention in this place stranger and maybe we can come to agreeable terms.

Suddenly the black clad elf barks a quick arcane phrase and raises a glowing scimitar above his head, Illuminating himself and the tunnel


M Human Oracle 3

The same can be said to you. Who are you to be in these cursed tunnels? If we seem paranoid it is because we have been assulted by foul creatures that dwell here.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

The elf lowers his blade but does not sheath it.
Then you have had worse luck than I so far, friend.
You all notice in the light what appears to be a large winged lizard on his shoulder, claws hanging onto leather covered pauldrons that allow it to grip it's master without damaging his fine cloak.
My name is Adriel, here to investigate the source of whatever foul magic pervades this place. I found the front entrance guarded by a large worm and since I was alone, decided to find another entrance, this shaft was my way in, though whatever made the hole I have not encountered yet.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

For the first time since we've visited this accursed place, another creature has spoken to us. That has to be a good sign...


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sense motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine look on with an unhappy scowl. Will not advance, indeed. she whispers, obviously not happy having orders shouted to her.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Norjan just watches and listens, picks in hand in case they become needed.


M Human Oracle 3

Our goal is to find the children that were kidnapped by a foul being who inhabits this place. The worm who spoke of is no mnore since we were able to dipatch it.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Norjan holds up his weapon: Yeh, we picked it apart.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

27 points of fire damage from Shine... :P


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Ok, so I missed a bunch, but I think I am responsible for everything.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Just so unused to having a cleric that can contribute damage I gotta remind myself too. :)


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4
Icabhod wrote:
Our goal is to find the children that were kidnapped by a foul being who inhabits this place. The worm who spoke of is no mnore since we were able to dipatch it.

It sounds like we are not at cross purposes then. You wish to find the children, a noble goal, I was hired to find the source of the trouble. Our missions seem along similar paths. I am willing to lend my blade to your cause if you wish it. It is high but if you've a rope we might use the dirt tunnel to get back to the front door or continue here as you wish.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine is still unsure about the newcomer. Hey Riggs, Disrupt Undead a few times on this guy to on the safe side...


M Human Oracle 3

Even though we have just met, I feel a strange bond ith you. Ineed, let us join forces. Unfortunatly I have no more rope. Icabhod looks at the rest of his group.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"He doesn't seem evil, Shine. Rest assured, if he shows his hand to be undead or that ilk, I'll be happy to blast him out of existence!"


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Feel free to attempt such on me if it will ease your mind my Fey friend. Though just because the blood in my veins is warm does not make me an ally. Actually, I have yet to see a single undead here. Abberations yes, but no undead.


Evil GM

Shine all you saw before the Adriel spoke is a figure in dark clothes.

Looks like a standoff. How is the group going to resolve this situation?


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"I am fine with helping the elf with his mission, as he helps with ours. The fact that he is the only creature we have encountered that hasn't attempted to eat us, speaks fairly highly of him, I believe," Riggs nods, ready to get back to exploring the house.


Evil GM

Excellent point "he is the only creature" that hasn't tried to eat you.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Advancing towards the newcomer to get a better look Shine offers Adriel, I am Fairsplindle Shiningstar, servant of Sarenrae. Come closer and let us discuss joining together for out common cause.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel, not trusting the group (besides the wizard) to have accepted his words as truth, takes a leap of faith and steps forward, offering his blade, hilt first to the little gnome.

The advantage is with you now. My words are true, but your own judgement requires I offer what I can for your trust. I am an arcane servant of the Inheritor. I offer my blade, my magic and my wits to your cause if you agree mutual aid is the best course. My the Dawn flower guide your decision.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Norjan simply stands back and watches as the others converse, pick in hand just in case needed.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"Keep that sword handy, elf. From what we have seen in the last 18 hours, you are going to need that quite badly. I'm Riggs by the way. Nice to make your acquaintance."


M Human Oracle 3

I am Icabhod, pleased to meet you.


Evil GM

After the introductions which way is the group going?


M Human Oracle 3

So we have the path past the bat and continuing on past Adriel correct? If so.

Let us keep going down this passage.

If we can go no further.

Looks like we will have to move past the fire and into the other passage.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Gotta at least let that smoke clear out before we go that way. Lets complete explore the direction the elf came in. I am unclear on that path. Can we just walk back outside that way? Where does it open to?


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Thank-you all for being reasonable. Do you have a preferred order of march or might I follow your main scout? I can be quiet when needed and Thrasher here is silent when needed. Oh, don't anyone pet him by the way. He is hungry and he bites. Directly behind me is merely the exit. We can go that way if you wish to try the front door again.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Its dry down here, there no mud, no trees trying to thrash us, and no wisdom draining plants. Add to that, an easy exit. I say we stay down here until we exhaust our opportunities. The gnome seems to have dried out somewhat and is in good spirits again.

851 to 900 of 944 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadows in Freeport Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.