Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shadows in Freeport (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful


801 to 850 of 944 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Sweet the East tunnel is rough and littered with bones. It extends out beyond your vision. What light source does the group have going.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"We need to dispose of this ooze before we try to proceed. And we have to kill it before we can retrieve Verrel's body. Dnt use fire against it...no effect. It'll dissolve flesh and metal as well. Maybe arrows would be a good way to finish it off."


Evil GM

Sweet you get 100 feet east head east your vision comes to an end. You don't see any light sources in the direction you are heading and the passage has begun to turn to your right.How much further are you going?


M Human Oracle 3

I have nothing that can harm the ooze besides my weapons and they would be destroyed. As harsh at it sounds will will probably need to just leave it to it's meal and leave.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

I had asked before if we were still initiative. Seems like we are not, correct?

Shine will cast Mending on any damaged weapons from encountering the worm above. Would that ooze be any worse than the worm we put down?


Evil GM

You are not in initiative.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Well, lets see if this works. The rest of you stay as far from it as you can. Down the passage would be good.

I take out my bow, nock and arrow and fire into the center of the ooze.

Attack-composite longbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet stops at the light's end and turns back toward the group. Mouthing so the group can hear her through the message spell:

Did you guys get lost or are you heading back to town? I've got a tunnel turning to the right up here. It would be nice if I could get some light. That elf had something wrong...like some kind of disease. He fell in that puddle and his skin started bubbling...I ain't touching him...I think he had the cooties.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"Hold on, Sweet. We are trying to kill the ooze that got the elf. We aren't sure what we are doing afterwards. I wouldn't go any farther until we see if he can hurt it."


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod will see if there is anything nearby that he can tie the rope to securely.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

How fast can a puddle be? You can't out run a puddle?

Sweet mopes back toward the group obviously ready for more excitement.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine looks down at the heavy mud caking her boots. Sweet, I am not sure that I can outrun a puddle at the moment.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Norjan looks over his shoulder to Shine: If you need to run, I will pick you up and run. Just stay ahead of this thing while I shoot it.


Evil GM

Norjan your arrow sticks into the minimal remains of Varrel's body, yet you are unsure if it did any damage to ooze. The ooze is/was translucent in appearance, so you aren't absolutely certain the thing is still there or if the wetness is simply acidic residue.


Evil GM

Icahbod your see a sturdy tree that will support your body weight but you need more than 50 feet of rope. There are, also, two posts on the front porch that you could tie the rope to without the need of additional rope. Although you will have to figure out how to get the rope around one of those posts.


Evil GM

One thing you all notice is the tunnel is dry and you can knock some of the caked on mud off your footwear.

There is a large burning bat that is directly between the group and remains of Varrel. In essence, Norjan is firing downward through the fire at his target. You can see two passages to the south, one is short and narrow (SE) the other is wider(S to SW). So far, Sweet has not discovered an alternate side passage to connect to where the ooze was located.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Everyone, where is this thing? Something just dissolved Varrel and I am not leaving until I know that it is not behind us.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"That thing is so hard to see, I'm not sure if it is still on Varrel or not, Norjan. It might have retreated, if you hurt it with an arrow."


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Agree. Lets wait for the bat to finish burning while Icabhod climbs down.


M Human Oracle 3

So is anyone going to try to bash the ooze? Never mind about recovering any remains.

Icabhod uses detect magic on the post just to make sure it isn't something bad.
Perceptiononthepost: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Icabhod ties the rope to the tree and lowers himself down as much he can before dropping his enlarged form down.I'm twice as tall right? Probably 10' so if I drop at arms length or so I can avoid most damage.

Climb roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet arrives at the group. The way is clear up ahead.. She looks through the fire at the liquid remains of Varrel. Yuck! I hope I never get that bubbly disease! Is he going to be ok?


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Lets find whatever dissolved him. As I said, I do not want it behind us. You casty types are a little too dissolvable for having it behind us.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"Norjan, I don't know if we can really hurt it. It might be in everyone's best interest to head back above ground, and just get away from that thing, until we can find something that can help us really damage it."


Evil GM

Icahbod when you get half way down its a mighty tight and you need to squeeze through. You finally get to the bottom. You see there is large fire burning and the group is standing around watching it.


Evil GM

Suddenly there is a thunking sound as 40 feet of rope hits the ground followed quickly by a trapdoor slamming shut.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Dum da dum Dum!


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Well that settles that. At least its not raining down here.

Riggs, you know Fire does not hurt. How do you know weapons don't? I think we can just hack it up if we need to. I can mend weapons as long as they are not totally destroyed.


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod curses and cancels his enlargement spell.Ok. One of us is dead and we are stuck down here. Riggs messaged me about an ooze correct? So let us kill it right now.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Where is it? I do not know if it is still dissolving Varrel or if it moved elsewhere. I can beat it up good, but only if I know where it is.


M Human Oracle 3

Perceptiontofindooze: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Evil GM

The bat still burns. Norjan after three or four arrows stick into the minimal remains of Varrel's body, you are unsure if it did any damage to ooze. You are still not certain if you hit the ooze.

Anyone with survival or Know nature can make a roll.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

I might have survived.


Evil GM

Norjan:
You figure the bat will burn for at least 30 minutes then smolder for another 30 minutes. Unless you have some sort of fire resistance ability you are fairly certain you will get burned if you try to get to the south tunnels.


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod casts 'Create Water' on the bat, sobbing at the loss of such a finely cooked meal.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

With the bat burning we have only 1 way open to us, correct?

Shine mentions Its probably a good time to mention I am resistant to fire. Do you want me to go check it out?


Evil GM

Icabhod it's a pretty big fire so its going to cast the spell a few times.


Evil GM

Shine you can go east and avoid the bat. If you want to go south you need to get beyond the burning bat.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

I guesstimate that this dead beast will burn for a good half hour, and probably smolder for another 30 minutes thereafter. It will be tough getting into that south tunnel until it has burned out.

When Icabhod begins to dump water on it.
That will probably speed things up, I do not know how much. It will be good to stop it from smoking though.


Evil GM

Speaking of smoke the cave is beginning to fill with thick inky smoke. The smoke had been drifting up towards the trap door before it slammed shut.

Everyone can make a fort save.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Fort Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


M Human Oracle 3

Facepalm

Icabhod casts Resistance on himself

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Fort save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Riggs tries to stave off the smoke he is forced to inhale in the passageway.


M Human Oracle 3

COUGH! It is time for us to get out of here! Icabhod throws another create water on the corpse.

Time to get moving.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Norjan coughs, but other than that, the smoke is not affecting him yet.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Evil GM

Those rolling under a DC15 are coughing and choking. Everyone's vision is becoming obscured, even those who made the initial save. What is everyone doing now?


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

DM, I think I should have some flit time left. If that is correct...

Barely able to breathe, Riggs takes to the sky and heads back out the way he entered, landing up top beside the hole.


M Human Oracle 3

The trapdoor closed when Icabhod headed down. WE ARE TRAPPPEEDDD!!

Let us head east!


Evil GM

When Icabhod the rope was loosened and the trap door slammed shut.

As Riggs flies upward it is apparent the door is shut and there is no light coming forth from above.


Evil GM

Everyone needs to make a second Fort save at a DC16

801 to 850 of 944 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadows in Freeport Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.