Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Shadows in Freeport (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful


751 to 800 of 944 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Will Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Calling up Riggs Can you lower me down? Shine, with her gear weighs 38 lbs. I need some way to fly.


Evil GM

Riggs is shaken for RDs: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Shine made the Will save. Double check your avatar.

Still need Will saves from Norjan and Icahbod


M Human Oracle 3

Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Add +2 if evil and a possible +1 from Bless's +1 fear save.


HP 9/9 | AC 13/13/10 | F+3, R +3, W +2 | Init. +7, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

"I don't think so, Shine...I'm starting to get freaked out by this whole thing! "

My strength is weak, let alone with the shaken condition, Shine. I'm afraid I'd lower you down really really quickly, lol.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 <-- +1 vs. Fear

Sorry for the delay, work called.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Riggs, you can carry 75m lbs with strength 10. I think you can do it. Shaken should not impact your carrying capacity, should it? Shine likely can't climb down and they need healing down there. Spider Climb? Fly? Feather Fall? Any spells that might help?

You have to try Riggs. If you can even slow my fall it will be worth it.


HP 9/9 | AC 13/13/10 | F+3, R +3, W +2 | Init. +7, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

Knowing the party needs healing immediately, Riggs calls on the power of his arcane bond to find an additional use of his Fly spell for the gnome. "Get down there then," he advises the cleric, after his casting.

Use arcane bond for the day.


Evil GM

A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

There will need to be a strength check and skill check for flying with Shine. Also, you don't really know what is happening down there other than horrible yips and shrieking. You don't know that people need healing.

There is terrible yipping sound that makes it hard to focus. Anyone casting a spell needs to make a concentration check DC17 + spell Level.


Evil GM

Battle Below RD4 and RD5:

RD4

Sweet - moved back under the bat at G3, missed his attack.

Bat - attacked Sweet.

Varrel - Casts Flaming Sphere. Varrel completed his casting as described but also took a 5ft step Out of the square with the Ooze. This means that the Flaming Sphere exists but did not jump.

Ooze- The ooze moves follows Varrel 5 feet.

---
RD4 OOZE attack on Varrel before he flies in the 5th RD.

Ooze slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 211d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
plus acid: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Varrel goes down before his 5th Round action and his ability to control the flaming sphere.

---
RD5:

Norjan
Sweet
Bat
Varrel

I will roll others who enter the pit in the 6th RD.

PIT MAP

I will roll others who decide to enter the pit in the 6th Round.

Above ground Riggs is shaken, Icabhod is holding the rope, and Shine is trying to get Riggs to fly her down into the pit. There is horrible yipping sounds that potentially interferes with spellcasting and tasks that require focus.


Evil GM

Norjan, Sweet and Varrel Only:

Norjan what you see when you drop into pit is large bat that is at the south of the cavern, it is flying 5 feet off the floor. Underneath the bat is Sweet frantically trying to cut the belly of the beast. Varrel is down on the ground just beyond and he looks wet. There is a flaming ball hoovering near Varrel. Varrel does the spell wink out since you are down?

There is horrid yipping sound that is grating on your nerves.


HP 9/9 | AC 13/13/10 | F+3, R +3, W +2 | Init. +7, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

DM, would I have known about the shrieking sound before casting the spell. I don't want to take a chance to losing the spell. If I knew that, I'd have tried to help Shine down via rope.


Evil GM

Riggs you know of the shrieking sound because you were flying over the step checking it out as Norjan jumped in the hole. The trap activated and the shriek along with yips become known. You know that sound is grating. Also, I edited the post above regarding flying Shine.


HP 9/9 | AC 13/13/10 | F+3, R +3, W +2 | Init. +7, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

"We might both crash, Shine, but I am willing to chance it for us to get down there. If you are willing, tie that rope around me, and let's see how it goes."


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Possibly without the light spell, how much light is coming in from the pit opening?


Evil GM

Sweet the light is filtered and there is not much coming down the opening. Norjan is highlighted as he is under the light, it gets shadowy from that location. There is 10 foot light over C2/3, D2/3 then 10 foot of shadows that extends to F3 and D5.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Already tied to the rope himself Lucid will tie the rope to Riggs on his next turn with about 10' of slack unless Riggs just picks her up.

Just grab me its faster.


Evil GM

Varrel Only:

Here is the damage total and break down that I have for you:
RD1 - bat missed
RD2 - bat hit for 22 (confirmed crit)
RD3 - bat hits for 9 HP
RD3 - varrel moved onto ooze. Ooze hit for 7 HP plus 1 acid
RD4 - Ooze hit for 9 HP plus 6 acid.

total: 47 HP, plus 1 acid, 6 acid (not sure if you have resistance to acid. I didn't look at your sheet) 54 Total HP


HP 9/9 | AC 13/13/10 | F+3, R +3, W +2 | Init. +7, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

Lol, here we go, Shine!

Riggs nods and grabs the gnome as they head toward the pit. Riggs jumps in while holding the gnome, hoping they both can hold onto each other long enough to have a safe descent.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Seeing the bat above Sweet, I 5-foot move to E3 and attack with my picks.

Since climbing down the rope would have been a move action, I assume I could have drawn my picks?

Attack-heavy pick-PA: 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 2 - 2 + 2 = 25 <-- -2 PA, -2 2-handed, +2 flanking
Damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Attack-light pick: 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 - 2 - 2 + 2 = 30
Damage: 1d4 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 - 2 - 2 + 2 = 22
Damage: 3d4 + 36 ⇒ (2, 3, 1) + 36 = 42


Evil GM

The large bat crashes down. The bat falls on top of the flaming sphere and begins to burn, it is completely blocking hexes G3/4, F3/4.

Sweat make an Acrobatic check to avoid the large creature falling on top of you.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25

Sweet cheers as the warrior slams his picks into the bat. She suddenly realizes she is in a precarious position and dives out of the way.

Well...like I said before...we found an easy way in!


Evil GM

The ooze continues to dissolve the dead warrior and his gear.

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
plusacid: 1d6 ⇒ 2

grab: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
constrict: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Evil GM

Sweet which direction or hex did you tumble into?


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

E3


Evil GM

With Norjan's mighty attack the yipping finally stops. Shortly thereafter, Riggs and Shine fly into the pit. The fire crackles nearby as the bat burns.

What is everyone doing.


M Human Oracle 3

Are we all going down or are you coming back up?


HP 9/9 | AC 13/13/10 | F+3, R +3, W +2 | Init. +7, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

"What the hell happened down here," Riggs asks, seeing the carnage below. He looks over and sees that their warrior friend looked to be in a bad way.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

I was not getting any updates on my campaign page for some reason.

What is that ooze stuff? And what happened to Varrel?


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine channels as soon as she knows she can hit Sweet and Norjan, hoping to also reach Varrel. She excludes the bat, just in case...

Sarenrae heal these brave bringers of light!

Channel to heal: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 6) = 17

Now that's what I'm talking about.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Nice, fully healed.


HP 9/9 | AC 13/13/10 | F+3, R +3, W +2 | Init. +7, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

Riggs is back to full HP as well.


Evil GM

Shine's healing surge does not bring Varrel back.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine curses the luck that separated him from the group. He is with the gods now. Nothing I can do.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet starts sneaking down the East hallway looking around for further traps.

Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 +35 vs traps

wow...needed that check on the pit trap!


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Don't we need to handle that ooze? It will come after us...


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Yep! I figured you guys would take care of that while I make sure we are safe on our flank! I can't do much against the ooze. I think we still need someone to knowledge it.


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod ties the rope to something sturdy and climbs down it since it seems the others are going to stay in the pit.


Evil GM

Icabhod it's going to take much more rope than 50 feet if you want to secure anchor. Are you still enlarged?


Evil GM

There is a large blazing bat that is between the group and Varrel. Varrel is not really visible - Sweet and Norjan know he was on the otherside of the bat before the fire. Nobody knows it's an ooze, all Sweet and Norjan saw was a transparent wetness on Varrel, who was on the ground. Varrel actually died before he made the comment about an ooze.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Where is Varrel? And what is that slime?

Norjan points to where Varrel is being slowly dissolved.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Are we still initiative? If so, who is up?


M Human Oracle 3

Still enlarged for a few minutes at least, so I can perhaps lower myself down? How deep is the pit again?


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

[ooc]Hmm - will the rope hold you in that enlarges state... [/ood]

Shine asks Riggs Can we get that message spell going again?


HP 9/9 | AC 13/13/10 | F+3, R +3, W +2 | Init. +7, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

"Now would be a perfect time for that spell, Shine.". Knowing Sweet would be scanning for other problems, Riggs cast the spell on her, so she could communicate with the group as necessary.


M Human Oracle 3

After getting informed via message about what happened.

Damn. Best torch that ooze. Are you coming back up or should I come down?


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Until someone identifies the ooze, all we know is that something shiny is dissolving Varrel. I have no ranks in any Knowledge skills, so someone else needs to roll it. I am pretty sure that the DM stated this a few posts back.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

I have religion, planes, history, and arcana, but oozes would normally be dungeoneering.


M Human Oracle 3

Well if something is dissolving Varnel just burn it! It has too be bad if it is dissolving him.


HP 9/9 | AC 13/13/10 | F+3, R +3, W +2 | Init. +7, Perc. +0, Sense Motive +0 |

With a sinking feeling, the Mage looks at the corpse of his fellow adventurer, and tries to figure out what is going on.

Know. Dumgeoneering 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19


Evil GM

Riggs your stomach turns as you witness Varrel's body dissolve by a gray ooze. An ooze capable of moving but relatively slow. Flesh and metal are easily dissolved and you know fire has not effect on the ooze.

As far as Varrel's new character i need to review the final sheet, then decide how I'm going to get him into the game. Is the group planning on going back into town?

751 to 800 of 944 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadows in Freeport Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.