Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows in Freeport (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful


601 to 650 of 944 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

That is as patient a worm as I've ever seen. The gnome comments as she moves.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

I don't know what those plants do. Might as well shoot it until it comes here. You all back up.

Norjan sheathes his trusty picks and draws the huge bow slung over his shoulder.

Attack-Bow: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Not that you need it with that roll, but don't forget the Bless.


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod moves to M-42(assuming half speed)


Evil GM

The worm burrows under ground. There is a widespread rumble but nothing is pinpointed to provide an indication where the worm will reappear.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

I put the bow back on my shoulder and again draw my picks preparing to attack anything that moves.

You all should back up. Icabhod and I can hold the front. I am hard to hit if anything will ever attack me.


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod waves to Shine. Move over here, so the worm doesn't try to swallow you.

Icabhod readies a Divine Favor spell when and if the worm pops up so he can apply it right away. We still should get to the house.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"Who knows how long the worm will be away? Let's make haste toward the house, as Icabhod has suggested."


Evil GM

Which way are you all heading, towards the house or back to the gate? Also, are you in the same parching order?


M Human Oracle 3

Vote for house

Edt: Same marching order. If a newcomer is arriving I gues swe will meet him at the gate.


Evil GM
Icabhod wrote:
Vote for house

Duncan's joining us.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

I want to kill the worm, but am not going into the garden until we burn those things.

My vote is house if the worm does not appear. Same order as before.


Evil GM

The group continues towards the mansion.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Agree here - the house. Shine works hard (Double moving) to stay within 5 feet of Icobhod and in that protection from evil. He notes as he trudges towards the house Hmm. That worm is likely just hungry, not evil. I wonder if it could be summoned by our wizard friend in the house.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

You ever seen one of them in the wild? It certainly is not natural.


Evil GM

As you approach the mansion there is a large porch with three sets of steps, one on each side, offers access to the double doors that stand closed. Pillars support the sagging roof. Filling the many holes are old bits of grass and scraps of cloth left by birds once nesting here. To either side of the doors are boarded windows, the wooden planks firmly nailed in place despite the great age of the structure. Your 20 feet from porch as the drive widens.

The doors themselves are curious, made from dark wood and carved with strange images of capering demons cavorting with children and maidens. Two demonic faces leer out from each door, a metal ring held firmly in their oversized mouths.

What are you doing? is it the same marching order? Varrel where is your character in the MO?


Evil GM

Here is the current map view.

Front view


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet takes the lead as the group approaches the mansion. She moves ahead about 10 feet and begins checking the stairs and porch for traps.

From what we have encountered, I would expect some traps. Let me look ahead. I am wary of the faces on the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

22 versus traps


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Norjan remains at the front of the group behind Sweet. Picks in hand and prepared for whatever may jump out next.


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod holds steady in the same position.


Evil GM
"Sweet" Talulah Sweetrazor wrote:

Sweet takes the lead as the group approaches the mansion. She moves ahead about 10 feet and begins checking the stairs and porch for traps.

From what we have encountered, I would expect some traps. Let me look ahead. I am wary of the faces on the door.

Perception: 1d20+12

22 versus traps

Which steps are you checking out. If you are looking at each what order.


Male Elf Magus 11 AC27/T16/FF23,+4 spell, HP23/81, F14/R11/W12 +2vs Enchantment, Init +4, Perception +22

As the group make their way to the house Varrel steps out of the shadows.
Despite him still moving about, the shadows seemed to cling to the dusky skinned elf, all in black and dark chain shirt, when he speaks, his voice is barely raised with a calm of one who is not bothered by the worms presence.
We COULD likely kill it, but unless it gives chase being indoors will serve. While you search Sweet, I will keep you in my gaze and look for magic Auras

Cast DETECT MAGIC and Spellcraft To ID1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

The ones straight in front.

I am glad I have another set of eyes to sneak around with.


Male Elf Magus 11 AC27/T16/FF23,+4 spell, HP23/81, F14/R11/W12 +2vs Enchantment, Init +4, Perception +22

Varrel gives a smile to his nimble ally.
Not nearly as proficient as you My Sweet, but I will keep up I promise.

He draws his magical blade, DUR DAGNIR, and keeps a lookout while the Rogue works.
He primarily keeps his concentration on the entry, but once his magical eyesight has finished a sweep of the porch, he looks all round for any foes or other ways in.

Perception1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


Evil GM

Sweet and Varrel you each believe the front stairs are clear of any traps. Varrell you don't see an aura(s) on the front stair either.

Sweet and Varrel Only:
Don't do action because you missed the trap and it has sprung. I'm running out to my RL game, so I will describe it tomorrow.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Norjan follows up behind the front two keeping a sharp eye out for anything dangerous.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

And I am so fascinated with my shiny picks that I see nothing.


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod looks around.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Unfortunatly, his bandages slip over his face.

This is getting a little Keystone Coppy


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Icabhod - you may have tied my perception check, but I still rolled much lower than you.


Evil GM

Everyone other than Sweet and Varrel can make a perception check.

Sweet and Varrel Only:
Make a reflex save.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 17


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Perceeption: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Male Elf Magus 11 AC27/T16/FF23,+4 spell, HP23/81, F14/R11/W12 +2vs Enchantment, Init +4, Perception +22

Reflex save1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Evil GM

I'm going to DMPC Sweet's Reflex save.

Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Sweet and Varrel Only:
The two of you missed the trap and it triggered causing the ground in front of the steps to open up. The two of you fall 30 feet onto spikes.

Sweet fall damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 1) = 8
Sweet spikes hit: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Sweet spike damage: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) + 9 = 17

Varrel fall damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) = 6
Varrel spikes hit: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Varrel spike damage: 4d6 + 12 ⇒ (5, 3, 6, 1) + 12 = 27

You both feel mud coming down on you as you hear echoing. The opening above you appears to be collapsing on you. You can each make a perception check.


Evil GM

Norjan's Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Icabhod's Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Riggs, Shine and Norjan:
You see the ground collapse under Sweet and Varrel's feet. There is 10 foot hole that appears right in front of the front stairs but the opening is disappearing before your eyes.

Icabhod:
You are bit distracted looking to the side but when you turn back you don't see Sweet or Varrel anymore.


Male Elf Magus 11 AC27/T16/FF23,+4 spell, HP23/81, F14/R11/W12 +2vs Enchantment, Init +4, Perception +22

DM:
Part of Having the FLIGHT HEX is Varrel has featherfall at will as.an.immediate action. Since the descent is controlled, 30 feet is long enough for me to activate my 1/day levitate or 6 minutes of flight (which can be broken into 1 min allotments).
Falling rate for featherfall is 60ft per round and you take NO damage on landing.
As a reaction Varrel would have engaged featherfall as an immediate and tried to grab Sweet.
Reflex to grab her.1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Then regardless he would activate Levitate to go straight up.
Your call on if he can do any of this.
Perception1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Seeing the pit directly before me, I grab my rope and toss one end into the pit hoping that those inside can reach it.

I assume move action to retrieve rope, standard to toss it. But am not certain about the timing for this.

Anyone know two more trap detectors? Norjan calls out sarcastically.


Evil GM

Norjan where do you normally keep your rope? is it in your Masterwork backpack?


Evil GM

Varrel:
Your featherfall will activate, so you take no damage. You can successfully grab at Sweet, I call that a standard action. I need strength check to see if you maintain the grasp. If you do not maintain the grasp he will take half damage, basically your broke his fall. Not enough time to levitate this round.


Evil GM

Sweet and Varrel:
Both of you hear this high pitched Shriek and you each need to make Will save. The light is closing dimming quickly.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

DM Baldwin:

It is listed "in" the backpack. Most likely due to the nature of rope, especially rope like this that is used for climbing, it would be fastened to the side of the pack for relatively easy access. One of those things that I really don't think about until too late.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Knowledge Engineering 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Seeing the mechanical trap closing on his friends, Riggs looks at the trap to determine if he can see any way to get it to reverse its closed maw.


Evil GM

Norjan:
If it is in the backpack that will take the full round. If it is tied to the back or side of the backpack it will be a move action to retrieve. Your call on how there.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

DM Baldwin:

It would definitely be tied to the pack. I assume that is one of the keys with a Masterwork Pack that it has all kinds of hitches and ties on it so that equipment, like rope, can be securely fastened while reducing encumbrance.

Probably 1 waterskin would also be tied to the pack while flint & steel, spare waterskins, flasks of oil, etc. would be in the pack.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine watches in horror as her friends are swallowed up, but only for a moment. Unsure what Norjan is doing she retrieves a rope from her handy haversack and tosses one end into the pit (a move and a standard action). Calling out to Icabhod she says Take this end and get ready to pull!


Evil GM

Norjan retrieves his rope that is tied to his backpack and tosses it at the hole. The end of the rope disappears but most of the rope is in Norjan's hands or laying on the ground. It is clear that the rope did not go far into the hole.

The hole itself is now closed.


Evil GM

With Shine's actions there are now two ropes in similar position as the hole closed. There is a 10 feet by 10 feet dip in the ground that is 2 feet deep where the ground collapsed.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Is that message spell on? See if they are ok? Shine asks quickly.


Male Elf Magus 11 AC27/T16/FF23,+4 spell, HP23/81, F14/R11/W12 +2vs Enchantment, Init +4, Perception +22

DM:
Varrel catches Sweet at the start of the drop
Str Check1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9.. and tries to hold him.
He hears a shriek assail his senses.
Will save1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 add another +2 vs mind affecting

He comes to land near some spikes that would have caused ALOT of harm.
We need to get out.
Will wait to see will save results


Evil GM

Riggs it looks like it is some sort of trapdoor mechanism to you. You don't observe any seems or seals. Then again you aren't rogue. It does look mechanical and you don't see any magical auras around the trap.

How close to the the edge of the 10 by 10 area is each person getting?


Evil GM

Sweet and Varrel Only:
Varrel managed to slow Sweets descent somewhat so Sweet only takes half damage from the fall and spikes (12HP total) as Sweet is impaled. I still need Sweet's Will save.

Varrel is shaken RDs: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

601 to 650 of 944 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadows in Freeport Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.