Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadows in Freeport (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful


551 to 600 of 944 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

knowing that even after rest Norjan will be down a point of strength, Shine will memorize one Lesser Restoration and cast it on the fighter at breakfast.

May the goddess of Light be with you. she says as she lays hands on Norjan.

Lesser Restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 2 I know you are only down 1, but its fun to roll.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Norjam flexes his muscles after feeling the healing magic flow through him.

Thank you, now lets make sure that the monsters don't get a chance to do that again.


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod munches down some bacon. Since it is beginning tor ain, throwing oil on any remaining plants doesn't look like it will work. However, we seem to have done enough damage to the plants in the front yard that we can approach the house without worrying about losing our minds,


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine would like to pick up a Healer's kit with Surgeon's tools (10) gold before heading back

I better do a little shopping before we had back. Just some healing supplies, and I am ready to go.


Evil GM

If nobody is picking up any supplies, the group will find that the rain is doming down hard. The ground does look drenched, it is clear that its been raining for several hours. The old cobbled road has held up well leading to the estates gate. You have a much better view of the estate in the morning.

Once inside the gate you can see the driveway is in poor shape. it is overgrown in spots with weeds and trees. The drive itself appears to be very muddy. Everyone needs to describe the clothing they have on along with your footwear. It is raining heavy.

Daylight View

Tell me what you re doing.


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod gets a hooded cloak that has been treated with oil to help keep him drier and boots that come up to his knees.

The ground is in bad shape, perfect for an ambush by that worm thing.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Hmm. If the ground is in such bad shape, maybe cleats would be helpful as well?

While shopping for her healer's kit Shine will make sure she has appropriate rain gear and cleats.

I am running a home game tonight and will not be available from 7:00 to 11:00 Eastern time.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Riggs will be wearing the regular boots that come with his traveler's outfit. If there is a way to do some rain proofing, he will pay to get his cloak doctored. If not, regular traveling cloak will be fine.

"Not to be a negative Nellie, but if this is the wizard controlling the weather, they have a ton more power than we should be able to deal with."


M Human Oracle 3

Perhaps not. Events such as foul weather tend to happen around cursed areas such as this.


Evil GM

It's not just raining at the estate, the weather is bad everywhere in the city. It started yesterday with the drizzle and continued throughout the evening. Now, it's just sour outside. Granted it looks worse at the estate with its untended grounds.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet would have her regular explorers outfit on. If other make changes, so would she.


M Human Oracle 3

So, let us head for the estate, yes? I will prepare.

Icabhod casts Magic Circle against Evil (+2 AC vs. Evil +2 saves vs. Evil for 1 hour, 10 Radius) and Magic Vestment (AC21/FF21/Touch12)

So we have the potential threats of the worm and the spellcaster on the second floor. Shall I cast my Fog Cloud spell as well?


Evil GM

The first thing you each notice is the mud. Your feet sink in over the top of your feet. As you step you can feel the sucking sound on your boots. Walking is difficult.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"Bah! This muck will certainly cut down our movement. Retreat will be much more difficult, if we need to pursue that avenue again."


M Human Oracle 3

Indeed, the worm will have the advantage if it strikes again. Since we burned the mind-effecting plants, we might be able to walk on the grass and have better footing.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

I have heavy boots and a cloak over my standard adventuring gear.

Just wondering if it is mud, will it slow me down with 20 Str?

Norjan stays out front keeping a close eye out for anyone or anything that may approach.

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Paladin 5

I burned what I could, but I did not burn all those plants. Shine warns. She stays close to Icabhod and inside his protection spell as best she can.

She bought cleats, which likely do not help at all unless the footing gets slick, and a poncho to keep her dry.


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod smirks. I could always turn large again and you ride on my shoulder.


Evil GM

Is this the marching order: Sweet (15 ft ahead), Norjan and Icabhod side by side, Shine and Riggs side by side 10 feet behind Norjan and Icabhod? This seems to be the MO you've done recently.

The mud becomes thicker at hex 15, boots sink in a solid 8 inches, and the terrain becomes difficult (2 squares movement cost.) so far, Sweet is able to guide the group safely around the funky wisdom draining plants. You can each see that the terrain off the driveway has many patches of those funny looking plants.

Advise if you want to try to pick your way through the weedy terrain or if you are slugging forth via the drive.


M Human Oracle 3

If there are many patches of those plants we are better off in the drive.


Evil GM

It appears to it will be a pickle of a time weaving through the patches and there could be other unknown plants. You can certainly try but what you actually see looks like it could be difficult.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

If it is dry next time, we burn the whole lot of them.


M Human Oracle 3

Indeed, with the worm, we know what we can and can't do and are ready for it. The plants would overwhelm us from all sides.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Riggs just shook his head, silently raging at the circumstances. It seemed as if someone was playing a cruel joke on the squad, with the weather, the fauna, and all the other defenses to the house.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

If the mud gets much deeper I am for calling it a day and trying again another time. the cleric calls out, struggling to keep up and stay within Icabhod's circle of protection.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Norjan looks down at the struggling gnome.

I can easily carry you, but that will slow down my response if anything happens upon us.


M Human Oracle 3

Would Riggs be able to use his spell of flight on Shine?


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Not sure what the game effect is from sinking into the mud 8" at the moment. Maybe difficult terrain. Maybe nothing. But if it gets much worse I would think it will begin to impact us all. Shine does not need rescuing from the mud just yet. :) lets see where this goes.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

We need someone who can cast Feather Step - unfortunately our bards, druids and rangers number 0.


M Human Oracle 3

Shine can sit on an Enlarged Icabhod Master-Blaster style.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Yeh - except my weapons don't really improve all that much being enlarged. What I need is a rogue with combat expertise/butterfly sting. Then I do really nice damage.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Lol, I like the Master Blaster idea. I could Fly one of us, or two of us, with my bonded spell, but I don't know that blowing them this early is great.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

On a crit with my heavy pick I do 4d6+48, 4d4+48 with the off hand pick. I need to get more crits.


M Human Oracle 3

In any event, we won't get any drier until we get into the house. I am ready for braving any attacks byt he worm.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

If that worm appears, I intend to insert two picks into its thick skull.


M Human Oracle 3

Very well, let us start forwards in our usual formation


Evil GM

The movement towards the mansion is slow in the muck and when you are within 50 feet the ground suddenly opens up 30feet from Norjan and unleashes its acid breath attack against Norjan.

Breath weapon DC17 half damage: 8d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 4, 4, 2, 6, 4, 1) = 32

I'll post initiatives soon

WORM ATTACK MAP


Evil GM

Initiative:

worm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Shine: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Icabhod: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Riggs: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Norjan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Sweet: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Initiave"

Worm
Shine
Icabhod
Norjan
Sweet
Riggs


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Norjan sees the acid worm and nimbly leaps out of the way avoiding the acid entirely.

Evasion - no damage if save for 1/2 damage made. Requires light armor, but my breastplate is mithral and should count as light armor.

Damn worm. Soon you will be wormsteaks.


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod grunts as he has no effective ranged attacks and takes total defense as he struggles towards the manor as fast as he can.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Dam, can Riggs tell if the damage done to the worm yesterday seems to still be there, or has it healed? I'll be in and out today, if my turn comes up. I'll Scorching Ray it, when I can.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

I did not post any actions as the Worm seems to have the init in Round 1. I would move forward as fast as possible, double moving if necessary.


Evil GM

I didn't have time to post the worms initial action this morning. I just wanted scene set. I'll post later.


Evil GM

The worm will hold until someone moves toward it, like Norjan. Norjan it is 30 feet from you so it should take a double move to to get to it because of the terrain.

---
Riggs and others, the creature doesn't look dinged up form the previous battle.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine will move to N40 and use a swift action to retrieve a wand, and with it cast Bless on the party. (If she cannot move three squares due to the mud she will move to N38)


Evil GM
Fairsplindle Shiningstar wrote:

Shine will move to N40 and use a swift action to retrieve a wand, and with it cast Bless on the party. (If she cannot move three squares due to the mud she will move to N38)

Shine casts bless and moves through the thick mud to N38.

The worm is continuing to hold.


M Human Oracle 3

Let us get to the house!


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Riggs moves forward as far as he can in the mud, making no threatening moves toward the worm. If we can go regular speed, Riggs will double move to M 43.


Evil GM
Riggs Parrett wrote:
Riggs moves forward as far as he can in the mud, making no threatening moves toward the worm. If we can go regular speed, Riggs will double move to M 43.

The mud makes it difficult terrain. 2 squares of movement for every one, 3 squares for diagonals.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Let me move to N 37, then.

551 to 600 of 944 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadows in Freeport Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.