Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shadows in Freeport (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful


451 to 500 of 944 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet slowly points at the group again: Nothing on the mound of dead rats or the tree.

She continues to look around a bit making sure to keep an eye out for traps or secret entrances into the house.


M Human Oracle 3

Watch out for those weird plants that eat your mind.


Evil GM

At least in the first 30 feet or so of the entrance there is nothing new, that you have not already seen.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Norjan looks back at the others with a serious look: If the shadow rats are dead, perhaps we should check out the entry some more. The more we clear out today, the less resources we will have to expend before getting in tomorrow.

And, I remind you all. If I can hit it, I can do a lot of damage. Save your spells for things which we cannot hit with blades.


M Human Oracle 3

I can cover our approach with my Fog Cloud spell. It will prevent the spellcaster in the house from knowing where to target spells.


Evil GM

Tell where you are exploring this evening and what you are doing. Provide a marching order.


M Human Oracle 3

Ichabod is willing to take the lead with Norjan.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Shoot off the fog cloud and lets go. I will go with Ichbod. Feel free to give the directions. Norjan is a fighter, he will be the first in the battle. He will defer to the others on where to explore.


M Human Oracle 3

When everyone is ready, Icabhod will fire off a Fog Cloud at the upper windows where they saw the flash, causing a rolling cloud of fog to spread in a 20 radius.

That will last an hour unless dispelled.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet stays in front of the group about 15 feet sneaking and searching to avoid traps and ambushes.


Evil GM

You understand that you have no vision beyond 5 feet in fog cloud? That there is a concealment? You, also, understand that the last creatures didn't seem to have a tough time locating you without vision nor was their movement hindered in the previous battle?


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

I think the fog cloud was placed in the air infront of the house to block the casters view of us.


M Human Oracle 3

My intention was to use fog cloud on the upper windows of the mansion where the spellcaster was firing spells at us, thus rendering them unable to see us. I do believe you can target squares other than your own for fog cloud's starting square.

Fog Cloud


Evil GM

I didn't see that you were putting it to block the view of the house windows, that is why I asked.


Evil GM

Everyone can make a perception check.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

That is what I asked for initially - I actually hoped someone would have Darkness or something similar, but Fog Cloud works. Sorry if Icabhod did not relate this. Our goal is to play his game. He blinds us, we blind him.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod peers. Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet keeps her guard up as usual.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Evil GM

Norjan, Sweet and Icabhod feel the ground rumbling slightly.

Norjan, Icabhod mentioned where the fog cloud was going, I missed it on the read through.


M Human Oracle 3

Beware, the ground is rumbling.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

All, ground is moving. Either there is an earthquake or something coming from underground. Everyone beware.

Whisper: Riggs, do you see anything moving underground from up above?


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Shine stays near the back ready to assist as needed. She casts Produce Flame and holds the flame in her hand like a torch.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 13

Hearing that there was something approaching the group from underground, Riggs takes to the air again, wanting to put distance between him and whatever MIT be happening on the ground.


Evil GM

I forgot the thumb drive, so I don't have the map with me right now. Is this marching order correct? Row 1: Sweet (15 ft ahead sneaking); Row 2: Norjan and Icabhod; Row 3: Belloch; Row 4: Shine. Riggs is in the air (how high?) I will assume there is a 5 ft space between the rows.

Light sources: Shine (magical flame in hand)

Riggs do you have a light source?


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

DM, I plan on flying relatively close the the group, no more than roughly 20' in the air. I can cast light on my ring, so I should be able to see fairly decentlly.


M Human Oracle 3

Thatsounds good to me, will be out to work for some hours but will check in.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

And our witch was casting Dancing Lights as needed. They can move 100' in a round and there can be up to 4 sources in a 10' radius circle.


Evil GM

Current Map

I put the light sources on the map.


M Human Oracle 3

Be sure to watch out for more of those weird plants


Evil GM

The rumbling through the ground becomes more pronounced as large creature partially emerges from the ground. This long slender creature has reddish-brown scales, its mouth is lined with rock hard teeth.

Initiative:

worm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Shine: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Icabhod: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Riggs: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Norjan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Sweet: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Belloch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

RD1 begins:

Belloch -Takes a 5 ft step back and casts fly on himself.
Shine
Worm
Sweet
Riggs
Norjan
Icabhod

WORM Encounter


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod has his axe out, waiting for the right momment to strike, choosing his timing carefully.Sounds better than ending up last in initiative. ;)


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

What is that thing? Shine asks as she steps forward and tries to burn the creature with the flame she is holding.

Touch Attack with Produce Flame: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Fire Damage

(6 touches remaining)


Evil GM

Shine: No saving throw, correct? Also is this a melee touch attack?


M Human Oracle 3

Touch attack yes, no saving throw


Evil GM

Shine make a fortitude DC17 save, failure equals con damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1.

Your fire damage injures the worm but you notice its skin secretes a noxious, waxy substance. This venomous sheen poisonous when touched.


Evil GM

The worm lashes its tooth mouth about and spits out a line of acid (breath weapon) at Shine.

random PC to attack:
1=shine, 2=Norjan, 3=Ichahod breath: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Acid breath weapon, DC17 reflex for half damage: 8d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 3, 1, 6, 3, 4, 6) = 33

DM Only:
rd to next breath: 1d4 ⇒ 3


M Human Oracle 3

What square is the worm? I don't see it on the map.


Evil GM
Icabhod wrote:
What square is the worm? I don't see it on the map.

The worm is on the map and it is haloed in magenta on the map. K16/17 is what is emerged from the ground. The map shows J16/17 too but that part of the worm is still underground.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Riggs circles in the air above the worm and fires out a blast of magical force at the it.

Empowered Magic Missle 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 2) + 3 = 12 times 1.5 equals 18 damage.


Evil GM

RD1 update:

Belloch -Takes a 5 ft step back and casts fly on himself.

Shine - touch attack prod flame 11 HP. Takes 33 HP of Acid damage unless she makes Reflex, then half damage. Made the reflex save for half damage, made the con save.

Worm - took 11HP of flame from Shine. Breathed acid at Shine. 33HP unless reflex is made by Shine. Shine made the reflex save for half damage.

Sweet

Riggs - empowered MM 18 HP of damage.

Norjan - both picks miss the worm.

Icabhod - unsuccessfully tries to cast defensively.


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod defensivly casts Divine Favor on himself +2 Hit/Damage for 1 minute
Cast defensivly: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

But unfortunatly, a flying clod of dirt smacks into his face and the spell fizzles.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine recoils from touching the creature, jerking her hand back as if burnt.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

I would like to suggest that the fire touches the worm and not shine's hand, but that is your call.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

As the worm belches forth its acid breath Shine steps to one side, avoiding the brunt of the breath, but still getting burned badly. (16 points of damage)


Evil GM

Shine, if its a melee touch attack you take damage if you fail the save. It is one of its defenses.

---
The dirt flings in Icabhod's face.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Seeing the monster rise from the ground, Norjan swings both his picks. Unfortunately the surprise arrival of the beast threw off his timing.

Swift Action: Begin Crane Style

Fighting Defensively

Attack-Heavy Pick: 1d20 + 11 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 - 2 - 2 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Attack-Light Pick: 1d20 + 11 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 2 - 2 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

AC 26 - fighting Defensively


Evil GM

Both of Norjan's pick attacks miss the worm.


Evil GM

RD1 update:

Belloch -Takes a 5 ft step back and casts fly on himself.

Shine - touch attack prod flame 11 HP. Takes 33 HP of Acid damage unless she makes Reflex, then half damage. Made the reflex save for half damage, made the con save.

Worm - took 11HP of flame from Shine. Breathed acid at Shine. 33HP unless reflex is made by Shine. Shine made the reflex save for half damage.

Sweet

Riggs - empowered MM 18 HP of damage.

Norjan - both picks miss the worm.

Icabhod - unsuccessfully tries to cast defensively.

Sweet still has his RD1 action.

RD 2:

Belloch
Shine
Worm
Sweet
Riggs
Norjan
Icabhod

Belloch will hold his RD2 action. I'll take the action tomorrow if he hasn't responded.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Shine, if its a melee touch attack you take damage if you fail the save. It is one of its defenses.

---
The dirt flings in Icabhod's face.

I am good with your ruling, but consider Flame Blade as part of the reason I posted the question. Its a 3' long blade of flame that hits with a touch attack. My thought was that you hit with the fire, as in both cases the damage is fully fire based and is not based on hitting/touching the creature.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Sweet moves to J18 and attacks the worm:

+1 Short Sword Attack:
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

w/ Pirhana Strike Damage:
1d4 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

2nd Round: (5 foot step to flank)

+1 Short Sword Attack:
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

w/ Pirhana Strike Damage:
1d4 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Sneak Attack:
3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 4) = 12

Sorry I am on vacation and was at a concert last night. Just saw the updates.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Sweet - you forgot to confirm your crit on the first attack.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Potential Crit:

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
1d4 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

451 to 500 of 944 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadows in Freeport Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.