Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shadowborn's Wounded Earth (Red Group) (Inactive)

Game Master Shadowborn


1,351 to 1,400 of 1,871 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

Stilgar looks to Magnus, recognizing the device in his hand.
"He's off to fetch our prisoner at the constable's office. I doubt that it is a true name, but he instructed me to address any messages for him to 'Scour.' His only distinguishing feature was the color of his eyes... gray, like flint."


Female Gnome Ranger/3

Jinjer is speechless at the large pile of silver and really doesn't hear much of what Magnus and Stilgar are saying. But then the name 'Scour' is mentioned and she turns and says, "What did you say?"

Does that name ring a bell for Jinjer?

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

The name doesn't sound familiar. Stilgar knows that the Inquisition functions with anonymity at times, so pseudonyms are used for identification.


Tarrana packs furiously to the point where she's stripping the room of furnishings.

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey
Tarrana wrote:
Tarrana packs furiously to the point where she's stripping the room of furnishings.

Is that before or after you answer the young girl's question?


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Magnus withdraws the sphere and thinks for a moment. He then leaves out the door. "You folks can wait here. I'm just going to look into... a hunch. Watch my silver, would you? "

DM :
Magnus would like to quickly go to the constable's office. When he is close enough, he'll send senses around a corner to see if anyone is there. If he recognizes any inquisitors, he'll cast vanish and take up a stealthy position, then listen in for any conversations inside. Here's a stealth roll and a perception roll, if needed. stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Shadowborn wrote:

Tarrana: You watch Magnus and Jinjer as they go off to see after Stilgar, and then turn back to the entrance of the tavern. Standing under the eaves, leaning against the weathered wood, is a young girl. She's seen perhaps ten summers pass. She watches you with large, dark eyes. You are about to move past her back into the warmth of the common room when you realize that she sees you. Not just a hooded, bundled form, but you. She bites her lower lip a moment, then speaks.

"You're not going to eat me, are you?"

After.

Self consciously Tarrana bundles herself back up.

"No child though their are plenty who would try and eat me in their own way."

Smiling down at the girl she says. "Besides would a nice gnome like that talk to an actual child eating monster? I don't think so."

With that Tarrana sees about going back to her room.

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Magnus:
Arriving at the Constable's office, you send your senses in and note that poor Deputy Landon is indeed playing host to a red-robed Inquisition priest and two dwarven soldiers. The priest appears to be studying the outcast dwarf you brought in.

"Yes, he's definitely under the influence of magic," the priest is saying. "I want this prisoner remanded into my custody. It is best if the Inquisition determines just who placed this spell upon him and why. Cooperate, and we shall remove this affliction from you," he says, this last bit directed at the prisoner.

Landon is quick to release the dwarf, placing him in manacles and handing him over to the two soldiers. He seems relieved to do so. The three exit with their prisoner and head for the road leading over the river to the Jarl's stronghold. No one notices your presence.


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Magnus returns in a few minutes to the chapel. "I suppose that answers my question... " he says to himself before going back to his pile of riches.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

"More than likely a codename. The mask would be meaningless otherwise," Stilgar says, as he tosses one last coin. Retrieving a pouch, he would scoop one of the six piles into it, before holding it out to Jinjer.
"Your payment, for suffering me for the past few days. It has certainly been most... interesting," he says, grinning ruefully.


half elf, Water child alt race trait Legalistic cursed Oracle of Waves 2

Sorry for running silent for this bit. Not a real concern for Gaius though his interese is peaked by the thought of heading south again. Woot Sorcerer 2!

Following Tarrana as she blows through the common room. "Something has set your candels to flickering, m'lady. Careful lest they gutter and drip. From whence flows the errant breeze?"


Female Gnome Ranger/3
Stilgar Fulgrum wrote:

"More than likely a codename. The mask would be meaningless otherwise," Stilgar says, as he tosses one last coin. Retrieving a pouch, he would scoop one of the six piles into it, before holding it out to Jinjer.

"Your payment, for suffering me for the past few days. It has certainly been most... interesting," he says, grinning ruefully.

Jinjer gives the bag of coins a shake and returns the grin. "Been quite fun actually. You going south with us...right?"


"Men in masks tend to be followed by crowds with stones Giaus. Your winds and gusts may excite and move the wildfire but any sort of rain be it of stones or water is enough to kill the boldest of conflagrations. I've no mind to share that fate."

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey
Tarrana wrote:


Self consciously Tarrana bundles herself back up.

"No child though their are plenty who would try and eat me in their own way."

Smiling down at the girl she says. "Besides would a nice gnome like that talk to an actual child eating monster? I don't think so."

With that Tarrana sees about going back to her room.

As you say that, the girl gives a smile. Before you can move she suddenly pushes off from the wall and grabs you in a hug, her arms encircling your waist as she puts her head against your stomach.

"I knew it!" she proclaims, and then "Oh! You're warm. You remind me of Miss Lilly. She was nice too...even if she was a little scary." As if prompted by this thought, she seems to think better of the hug and releases you, taking a step back and looking up at you again with her large, dark eyes.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

"South, eh?" Stilgar says thoughtfully. He thinks back to the city ruled by humans, still fascinated by the very idea of it. However, his expression soon turns grim as he shakes his head.

"Truth be told, I would love to... but I am afraid my duties bind me to this town. I suspect the others would be glad to join you, though."


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Magnus looks up from the silver that he has been piling into his pockets. "Come now, Stilgar, your duty is to the people of this town. What better way to help them than to finally deliver them some closure and stability. This is an answer that these men and women need to know. "


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

Stilgar ponders Magnus' words as he bags the rest of the silver for the rest of their companions. "Your words definitely ring true, Magnus. This whole ordeal has weighed heavily on my mind, even more so now that someone wants me dead. I fear that the shadow of the past has yet to be lifted." Taking his own share of silver, Stilgar paces back and forth for a moment, running his fingers through his beard.

"At any rate, it would be best if you all abstained from leaving just yet. The journey itself will be treacherous enough; braving the winter's wrath in addition to that may not be in your best interests. And if circumstances change come the thaw, I could perhaps join you after all."


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

"It seems as though there is another string left untied nearer to home. What of the secret room where we fought the tribe of savage cannibals? It is less than a day's ride from here. Who knows what answers could lie inside? " Magnus will save mentioning this point for when the full group is assembled and the silver has been dealt out evenly.

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Let me know how you'd like to proceed. I'm looking at transitioning to the Midwinter Festival at this point unless there's anything specific the group would like to do. Hitting the cave is an option, just be aware that heading up into the mountains in winter will be more difficult than your last trip.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

It might take a little convincing on everyone else's part, but Stilgar would be up for it if the others are.


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Magnus would like to go to the cavern as soon as it is reasonably safe. Part of it is an itching gnomish curiousity, the other is paranoia about the events five years ago repeating themselves


Female Gnome Ranger/3

I'm good for either one.

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Let me know when you guys decide.


Tarrana gives a weak smile as she peels the child away from herself not exactly used to intimate contact of any kind.

"Go home." She says quietly. Then goes one.

Im fine for either one.

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

The girl continues to stand there, making no motion to move as you leave, but does not pursue you or speak any further on the matter as you head back inside.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

There doesn't seem to be any objections so far, so I guess we can go for it.

"A considerably less treacherous journey, I suppose," Stilgar would say, relenting, "If the others have no objections, then we can leave posthaste."


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Unless Gaius has an opposition, Let's saddle up the next day, after making some well earned purchases!

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Concerning purchases, Dunshale is a village and purchases will be limited by its size (and of course restrictions on legal items as per dwarven law). However, the Jarl's fastness is a small town. While only Stilgar, Brodgar, and Magnus could feasibly visit there and shop, they could always purchase things for others and bring them back. Details found here: Settlements in Play.


half elf, Water child alt race trait Legalistic cursed Oracle of Waves 2

No oppo here. Not much buying though. Afterall the master-race types have yet to let us untermenchen know we've been paid. :7)Should we coordinate bying/selling here or in the ooc thread? Oh and did we ever get that puzzle box opened?


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

puzzle box has been opened and its mysterious message is the reason I want to return to the caves. I think we're fast-forwarding to everyone assembled and money dealt out.

Shadowborn wrote:


In the hidden space inside the puzzle box is found a strange ring. It appears to be crafted of bronze, with a large raised top in the form of a stylized star, and a folded piece of paper. Written upon the paper: Present the spark to the Forgefather. You will find him quenching blades in the cave. If it is pleasing to his eye, he will allow you passage.


Yup,in-game Tarrana is still pcking to get the hell out of town.

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

With gear, both new and old, stowed safely away and a cold but clear day promised with the nearing of dawn, your group sets out to the northwest, back to the caves where you defeated the nocturne.

The village is quiet and no one is about to see your departure. The trek to the foothills is also devoid of any encounters, though Jinjer spots the occasional set of tracks in the snow: a mountain lion, a handful of deer, a small pack of wolves. The deep drifts make your climb arduous; you've lost nearly all the daylight by the time you make your ascent into the hills themselves. It will be fully dark by the time you reach the cave.

Climb checks, and if you want any light sources, now's the time to break them out.


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Magnus moves without light up the hill, confident that Baal will guide his hands to the sure grips. But just in case, he has feather fall prepared today anyways
Climb 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Female Gnome Ranger/3

Climb check > 1d20 ⇒ 15

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Jinjer rather nimbly scampers up the snow-covered slope, with Stilgar trudging determinedly after her. Magnus makes an attempt, but stalls out, sliding back down the snow to the base of the slope.

Once at the top, Jinjer and Stilgar have no trouble spotting a cleft in the face of the hill, about eight feet high, a good seven feet wide at the base, but narrowing to no more than a foot at its top.


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Magnus points at Jinjer and Stilgar and casts a simple spell. He whispers "A little help if you please? Some rope perhaps? " The quiet words carry straight to the ears of his companions.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

Nodding at Magnus' words, Stilgar digs through his pack, retrieving the rope he bought earlier. Uncoiling a length from it, he would toss it down to the others below, getting a good grip on the other end, unless there happens to be something he could conveniently tie it to.

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

With the rope, Magnus and the rest of the group are able to ascend to the narrow ledge outside the cave. A sudden wind sends swirls of snow about the party as they stare into the deeper darkness of the cave.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Baal 4

"If Kravathku kept her word, then we should have nothing to fear. Provided something else hasn't taken residence, of course."

After packing the rope, Stilgar draws his warhammer, taking the lead with his darkvision.


"Winters make caves attractive to beasts trying to stay warm." Tarrana says matter of factly.


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

"I am sure you can turn up the heat if need be, Tarrana. " Magnus says cheekily, uncovering his everburning torch after a short distance into the cave.


Female Gnome Ranger/3
Stilgar Fulgrum wrote:

"If Kravathku kept her word, then we should have nothing to fear. Provided something else hasn't taken residence, of course."

After packing the rope, Stilgar draws his warhammer, taking the lead with his darkvision.

Jinjer follows Stilgar into the cave, bow ready.

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Making your way through the narrow entrance tunnel, you recall that it twists into the hillside for some distance before widening into the cavern the nocturne used as a common area. As you enter, you immediately notice a lingering odor of death in the air that grows stronger as you proceed.

Rounding the final bend, your light spills across the cavern. Lying before you are the remains of your former foes, left to rot where they fell. However, a closer look reveals parts removed and scattered, and more damage to the remains than can be accounted for by the passage of time in a cold cave, even with its resident vermin. Something has fed upon them.


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

"Well, master tracker, are we about to be accosted by beasts, or have they eaten their fill and left? " Magnus cedes the floor to Jinjer to look for tracks or signs of recent activity. He continues boldly to the corridor with the statue.


Female Gnome Ranger/3

Knowledge(Nature) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Jinjer takes a close look at the tracks, keeping alert for any sign of something in the cave.


"No surprises here." Tarrana says. "Though I'm surprised they remain. Perhaps this cave holds other surprises?"

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Jinjer:
You note that the bodies appear to have been partially dismembered by whatever devoured them, noting portions, mainly hands and feet, that have been removed from corpses. Small beetles, common for an underground environment, crawl over the mostly skeletal remains, picking them clean.Roll Perception and Survival checks.

Magnus moves through the cavern towards the offshoot containing the statue. Roll a Perception check.


Male Gnome Wizard (scryer sub-school) 4

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Qadira

Male Human(ish) Level 3 RPG Monkey

Magnus:
As you reach the far side of the cavern you note a yellow-green glow coming from around the bend in the tunnel you're headed for.

1,351 to 1,400 of 1,871 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadowborn's Wounded Earth (Red Group) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.